Posted at 10:42 AM ET, 08/20/2008

Highbrow: Parsing Roseanne's Anti-Brangelina Stance

By Liz Kelly
Highbrow

Brangelina basher Roseanne Barr in 2003. (AP)

I'm not sure what's more annoying: Roseanne Barr's initial acid volley at Brangelina for apparently being undecided voters, her subsequent back-pedal or her nasal whine. One thing's for certain, though: Barr's latest statements have inspired a veritable crit-storm of commentary across the Web.

For the benefit of anyone out there who might have missed why it is we're talking about Barr, a woman who hasn't been relevant since Bill Clinton was president and Billy Crystal was still hosting the Oscars, the former sitcom staple leaped back into the pop culture landscape this week when she accused Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie of being no more than poseurs when it comes to their reputation as humanitarians:

"Angelina Jolie and her vacuous hubby Brad Pitt make about $40 million a year in violent, psychopathic movies and give away three of it to starving children, trying to look as if they give a crap about humanity as they spit out more dunces that will consume more than their fair share and wreck the earth even more."

Obviously hitting upon one of the key issues of this presidential election season, the celebrity vote, Barr called Brangelina on the carpet for (thus far) refusing to publicly endorse a candidate. Roseanne herself, it should be noted, is a steadfast Obama supporter.

Reaction was quick and, in most cases, anti-Roseanne:

Asks Elizabeth Snead over at the LA Times:

Do you think Roseanne is blogging drunk? We're curious because A: her blog posts sound -- and look -- a bit boozy and reckless, like some angry, crazy old broad still sitting at the bar for last call. And B: On Aug. 17, the day before she launched her Aug. 18 online tirade against the most charitable stars on the planet, she posted: "bit my cuticle, its infected. Must go to hospital to get it lanced. Must get drunk first."

Sandy Maple at ParentDish questions Barr's tactics:

Calling someone an evil spawn and referring to their children as dunces is probably not the best way to bring them around to your way of thinking.

While some Celebritology readers joined Barr in questioning Brangelina's intentions and used this opportunity to take Angelina to task all over again for the whole Pitt-Aniston breakup, the majority echoed poster WDC who said, "Roseanne is a crass, ignorant boor. She's Rosie O'Donnell for the 80s crowd," and, "Why do folks single out the people who ARE DOING SOMETHING and bash them for the way they do it, rather than picking on the rich people who do nothing but entertain themselves with all their money?"

Despite a slight softening yesterday, Barr today denies that her Brangelina statement was a calculated play to get her own name back on everyone's lips. Of course, the one-time stand-up comic phrased it much more eloquently than I, using evocative words like "horsecrap" and "Jesus" and bringing concentration camps and polygamy into the mix.

Worth noting: This isn't the first time Roseanne has used her blog to vitriolic effect during this election cycle. Back in January, Barr -- apparently annoyed with Oprah Winfrey's own efforts to sway voters wrote: Obama is a supporter of "corporate racist anti worker bulls***" and Oprah Winfrey, "plays the race card and the gender card."

Where do you come down on the great Barr vs. Brangelina brawl? Should the power couple -- who have made politics their business in the past -- come clean with their pick for the presidential election? Is it obvious that they'll come out for Obama, rendering Roseanne's rant invalid? Would you rather be talking about Ali Lohan's "shoe" size? Add your thoughts below. I'll be checking back throughout the day.

By Liz Kelly  | August 20, 2008; 10:42 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Highbrow
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Roseanne Backpedals on Brangelina Criticism
Next: Morning Mix: Ricky Martin Welcomes Twin Boys

Comments

Irrelevant. Like Rosie O'Donnell blogging in her underwear.

Posted by: 23112 | August 20, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

I'd much rather discuss the rantings of the anonymous trolls who post non-sequitur updates from the OP blog.

Posted by: M Street | August 20, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Using the term "highbrow" and Roseanne in the same sentence is like caviar and Cheetos! Honestly, Roseanne was an obnoxious, unfunny, fame-seeker even at her height, I can't imagine why anyone would have any interest in what she says now. (So does all this attention mean that someone actually reads her blog? that's just scary!)

Posted by: HM | August 20, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

I'm bored by the whole thing. And seriously, does anybody really care how Angie and Brad are going to vote? I'd be afraid to meet somebody who bases their political opinions on Brangelina's. Rosanne, on the other hand, might sway some people's opinions - only in the opposite direction.

Posted by: Stuck@Work | August 20, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

one of the joys of living in this country is the first amendment, which is still hanging. so, anyone can say what they want. it's up to the great public to accept or condemn the remarks. but public response is not censorship. so mr. pitt and ms. jolie are fair game. i try not to spend much time thinking about them as they have nothing to do w/my life. but when i do think about them, like now, i conclude they have done good things. i went to law school in new orleans and have been back twice to work rescue. brad pitt, if he had done nothing else, committed himself to help provide housing in new orleans that will withstand flooding. he helped raise funds through the website where you can buy different items. that gets a wide-brimmed hat tip from me.
as far as adopting all the children from different countries, it's not our business if they can afford them, which they can, and if they raise them to be thoughtful, caring people, then that's what counts. we'll see how it all turns out. as my mother used to say, the proof is in the pudding. what's tiring is the endless speculation about them, the articles, the this, the that.
p.s. roseanne likes to frog gig people. and she's good at it because people always react and she's in the news and that's fun for her.

Posted by: janet throws in her 2 cents | August 20, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

It's Norma Desmond with a blog....

Posted by: b | August 20, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Actually, i should have said it's Norma Desmond with a blog instead of a butler.

Posted by: b | August 20, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

To answer Liz's question, "should the power couple come clean with their pick", I say meh.

Angie's (and Brad's) issues are what we in the business call "evergreen". There will always be food crises, refugee camps, and natural disasters. Their work will go on no matter who's in power.

It's no secret around here that I admire Angelina for her dedication to her issues; she makes my work a little easier, and frankly, she's living the life I would choose if I had unlimited funds and access. BUT. She's no political strategist, no oracle of social wisdom. She's just a pretty lady with a big heart and a little media savvy. So I don't really care what she thinks about the presidential election, and I kind of admire her for not inserting herself into this particular debate.

Posted by: WDC | August 20, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Roseanne's sitcom was so great; real-life situations but edgy and smart. (It's fun to catch old episodes on Nick At Nite or wherever and try and figure out which season it was based on her hair and plastic surgery.) Re: today's post:

Doesn't Roseanne have multiple personality disorder? Perhaps the blog is therapeutic, not that that excuses the public nature of a blog rant.

Who even reads her blog anyway? Tom Arnold? She should go back to hawking Las Vegas (time shares?) on the radio.

Though ultimately I am with M Street on this one; it must be a slow news month for this to even merit a separate post.

Posted by: td | August 20, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

I'm in agreement with WDC in regards to their political preferences.

I think their general activism is admirable, I only wish I didn't have to hear so much about it. Although it may be no fault of their own, the media attention the Pitt-Jolie's receive for their good deeds detract a bit from their meaning, in my opinion. So in that vein, I appreciate their ability to keep mum about their political leanings and hope they can keep it that way.

Posted by: Sully | August 20, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

I don't agree with the poster that said Roseanne is unfunny...I loved her sitcom and thought it was groundbreaking (at least until the lotto year). And I loved her standup comedy, especially when she was first breaking in.

But I guess everyone has their prime and I don't see her doing much of interest these days. As to the current controversy, don't really care.

Posted by: CJB | August 20, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I am not really sure why Roseanne thinks that Brad and Angelina owe it to the world to make their political endorsements public. We go into a private booth to vote for a reason – our vote is private. Their endorsement won’t sway anyone else’s vote, or at least I sincerely hope it won’t.

It just seems like she put a bunch of hot topics into a bag and pulled out “Brad and Angie” and “election” and decided to rant about that.

Posted by: Renee | August 20, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

My goodness. Reading the "She's Rosie O'Donnell for the 80s crowd" line made me realize that I've been conflating the two of them in my head as the same person this entire time. Quick, which one was on The View, again?

Posted by: Ra the Funktress | August 20, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Janet, just for a minute when I saw "Mr. Pitt" I thought you were talking about William Pitt, the US's best friend in the British Pariament during the American Revolution. But then I came to my senses and realized I was taking "Highbrow" seriously instead of ironically.

Posted by: Red Dragon | August 20, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

As foul as her language is, she must have hit on a truth in there somewhere. Otherwise no one would care.

Posted by: rachelt | August 20, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't Rosanne's point, if you boil it all down, that you should vote for the candidate who best reflects your interests? I think it was pretty darned presumptuous for good 'ol Rosie to imply she knows what Brangelina's interests are, and she made a fool of herself for that vain effort.

On the other hand, I understand why she might want to call them out. We've finished with the primaries, are racing towards the conventions, and the General election is right around the corner. Brangie seems to not be paying attention at all. That's hiser's prerogative, but yawn, I think they're just playing it for their own media exposure, and Roseanne's jealous that they're being so wooed.

FWIW, do I care who they vote for? BARF. Got another question? ;)

Posted by: PedroPacoPablo | August 20, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Who gives a damn i think its all stupid and just another way for them all to make money!

Posted by: chic | August 20, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Red Dragon | August 20, 2008 12:28 PM

Spelling Police!

Posted by: Nuance | August 20, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

William Pitt,
****
red dragon, how clever of you to mention william pitt. on today's other blog, a writer thought "barr" referred to bob barr. we're in a quantum physics continuum. huzzah. i remember william pitt from history class. william pitt the younger. thanks for mentioning him.

Posted by: janet has fond memories of her grade school history teacher | August 20, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Don't use big words like "highbrow", "parsing", and "stance" on a celeb blog.....

Posted by: Tip | August 20, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone REALLY care what Rosanne Barr thinks!!??? What has she done for humanity that is a positive influence on anyone? And who really cares who the Pitt-Jolie's vote for?
There is sooo much more going on right now that is more important and news worthy than this crap!

Posted by: Debbie | August 20, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

And when I saw William Pitt I thought you were talking about the Peach Pit and that this was another "90210"-remake story which was going to make me sad again because despite my faulty chest surgery I truly wanted to be a part of it because it would've been really fun to hang with the gang again but not for that measly salary they were going to pay me after all I lasted much longer than Shannen Doherty did honestly. . . .

Posted by: tori spelling | August 20, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

What are the other "Highbrow" topics that have appeared on this blog?

Posted by: LOL! | August 20, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Liz,
I read a lot of Roseanne Barr's blog yesterday and saw that she is planning to vote for Cynthia McKinney. (Which around these parts is a joke, she used to be my congresswoman.) Here's what she posted at 7:29 on 8/18, "My great hope is that the green party will have overrun the democratic party by that time, and made its entire platform green instead of corporate controlled. I am voting for cynthia mckinney for president."
While she very well may end up voting for Obama (pragmatism rules!) she was a Hillary Clinton supporter and now she's very PO'd.

Posted by: methinks | August 20, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Rosanne speaks the truth about Brad and Angelina. Only fools are blinded by their hypocrisy. It's scary how all the little sheep follow them. At one point will the First Amendment apply to those who wish to speak out against the lies being pushed by celebrities in order to build their 'brand?' By the way, what 'humanitarian' supports violence and promotes it even within her own household as does Jolie with her son Maddox?

Posted by: Dara | August 20, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

I read the entire thread from yesterday's blog and I thought the opinions were mixed on the quote. I certainly didn't read it to be mostly anti-Roseanne. Come up with the numbers to prove your point Liz, or make a more accurate statement on the flavor of the comments.

Posted by: CG | August 20, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

****
huh?

Posted by: janet puzzles over a cryptic response | August 20, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

As to where I come down on the whole kerfuffle, it's all just the usual blather. She's got every right to say it and they've wisely stayed out of the fray.
I don't want to talk about Ali Lohan's breasts all day, every day (or frankly, at all) but true Celebrity snarking is more fun that hearing about Roseanne Barr's rants ad infinatum, ad nauseum.

Posted by: methinks | August 20, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Fear not, inhabitants of the Island, I am working on a dis-bar-ment pill!

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 20, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Does it matter that Angelina Jolie isn't telling the world who she plans to vote for? All this crap coming from a fat-a$$ed beeyotch who lost all real world credibility long before she grabbed her crotch at the end of her rendition of the National Anthem.

Rosie, dearest, just because your fat a$$ had a sit-com on TV 10 years ago does not give you the right to tell anyone, let alone people who are 100x smarter than you. Hell, I'd listen to luvlinsey's inept and misguided political views before I'd consider listening to you!!!

Posted by: Brutal hasn't liked Roseanne since her "singing" of the National Anthem | August 20, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

classic case the kid with an inferiority complex picking a fight with the popular kid. Really it isn't hers or anyone else's business who they are backing, and I am in agreement with most everyone else here, why should we care?

And don't forget, this is Roseanne Barr. Why is anyone taking this seriously? She is known for stepping over the line. Remember her singing of the national anthem? Picking on the innocent children would be just like her. Pathetic and unfunny.

Posted by: hodie | August 20, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

dara's whole post is baffling. brangelina has a "brand?"

And what exactly are the "lies" they've been pushing on me?

I won't even address the insult to sheep everywhere....

Posted by: b | August 20, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

she just can't come to terms with the fact her 15 minutes was up years ago.

Posted by: b | August 20, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

If Brangelina did come forward for a candidate, there would be just as many people saying "who cares what celebrities think about politics -- just shut up and make movies already" as there are people like Roseanne who think they need to "come clean" with their pick. Although, I am reading hodie's post as I type this and thinking what a good point. Why is anyone even debating the merits of comments made by Roseanne Barr!?!

Posted by: g | August 20, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

I appreciate that Brangelina hasn't come out in support of either candidate. I miss the days when celebrities realized that none of us cares about their politics.

Posted by: RVA | August 20, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

I have no respect for Rosanne but she's right about Bradjelina. They are extremely famous and admired and get mountains of attention. It's unethical of them to sit on the sidelines selfishly trying to avoid politics when they have the power to speak out and have a political impact. It's nice that they adopted a kid, but adopting a couple kids in a world where billions live in poverty is a drop in the ocean and means nothing if they just sit back and let more republicans get elected. It's time for them to take a stand and take a risk and stop playing it safe. There's too much at steak this election cycle. They need to show some courage instead of squandering their fame on pointless People magazine covers for the sake of self-serving publicity.

Posted by: Don | August 20, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

she grabbed her crotch at the end of her rendition of the National Anthem.
***
ok, must comment. i watched that as well. the padres asked for it by inviting her to sing/screech the anthem. she can't sing. what possessed them to invite her? as to the crotch tug, she thought (wrong) that she was being funny as ballplayers are always tugging/pulling at their crotches/cups. always.
p.s. why do i remember she sang at the padres' stadium and cannot find my car keys?

Posted by: janet remembers roseanne shrieking the anthem | August 20, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Roseanne should of been a blow job, she is a waste of perfectly good sperm......

Posted by: Ernique | August 20, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

There's too much at steak this election cycle
***
horseradish, anyone?

Posted by: janet can't resist the typo | August 20, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

There's too much at steak this election cycle.

Posted by: Don | August 20, 2008 1:09 PM

Steak. Yum.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

If I have to mix celebrities and politics, then I'd much rather watch that SNL commercial of a few years back for a cover album of Barbra Striesand songs sung by John McCain ("People," "You Don't Bring Me Flowers," etc.).

"Barbra Striesand's always telling me how to do my job, so I thought I'd try hers." The fake album cover alone (McCain's head on her Striesand Superman t-shirted body) was hysterical. And his singing is hilariously horrendous.

Posted by: td also liked his *papa can you hear me* | August 20, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

I care no more about who Brad and Angelina vote for than I do about Roseanne. At least Brad and Angelina keep getting work. Roseanne's 15 minutes ended long ago.

Posted by: Vikki | August 20, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

****+ First of all, what has Roseanne been doing for humanity? If anyone should be questioned for their public generosity, (which is weird to begin with) let's focus on OPRAH! OMG, she makes BILLIONS and most of what she gives away is from sponsers, not her own money. She keeps building homes that are at least 40 million each, and hasn't adopted any children. Which, by the way takes up constant time, effort, and love as well as money. Oprah can never give away all of her money, yet she protects it very well. Hey, build a school in east LA, OPRAH. Build a hospital in one of our inner cities. It would only take this year's salary from your TV show and you wouldn't have to touch your billions. Angelina and Brad are kind people and they look good. And they don't have a fourth of Oprah's money. Not many people do.

Posted by: ddj503 | August 20, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

I don't like Roseanne but, I think she is right on this one. Jolie-Pitt are being portrayed by magazines as the "perfect family".
Actually, this unmarried couple pays nannies to raise the kids. Jolie is NO MOTHER OF THE YEAR. not long ago she carried Billy Bob's blood in a vial around her neck, does not speak to her father and took Brad away from his wife. Read Roseanne's post it is not as ridiculous as some say.

Posted by: quilhot | August 20, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

"It's unethical of them..."

Movie stars and ethics? Hmmmm, not two words that I would ever write in on sentence!

Posted by: huh? | August 20, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

that's hilarious that ROSEANNE would complain about anyone "consuming more than their fair share"... judging by her waistline alone this woman doesn't know the meaning of the word moderation... and who cares who Brad and Angelina want as president.. people should all just make that decision for themselves and not vote for a guy simply because a celebrity does or doesn't endorse him.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

reminds me of the saying
"no good deed goes unpunished" or in this case uncriticized

Posted by: hodie | August 20, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Liz, please remove the offensive 1:10 post.

Thanks.

Posted by: Offensive | August 20, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Brangelina is not my cup of tea. I don't have an interest in seeing her typical style of movie (although I did enjoy her performance in Girl Interrupted) and he seems like just another arrogant Hollywood star who couldn't be bothered with the pesky concept of fidelity. I don't actively hate them, but I don't run out to pick up the newest copy of People magazine so I can drool over pics of their babies. It does seem like a lot of the angst that people have about them relates to the media having portrayed them as a super family that is socially conscious and does all of this good by adopting children, moving to New Orleans, etc. To the extent that they encourage that by selling pictures of their babies and then donating the money to charity, I guess you could say that's their fault, but I don't think they really choose whether the media follows them or how they were portrayed. A year ago, the media portrayed Britney Spears as a crazy lunatic and terrible mother who was missing her underpants (not that she didn't do anything to help out with the portrayal) and now she seems to be the comeback kid who everyone should admire. So, I don't know that I can base my judgments on anyone based on what the media makes them out to be.

Posted by: mal | August 20, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

I suppose it takes an unsavoury character to recognise another unsavoury character and that is what Rosnne and Angelina Jolie are. They are what the dark underbelly of HW are all about. I cannot think of any other people I would run into a busy motorway to avoid.

Posted by: Sian | August 20, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mal | August 20, 2008 1:42 PM

LOL!!!

Posted by: Oh, brother | August 20, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I'm fairly certain Angie and John do talk these days if nothing else.

I think I'd prefer to talk about just about anybody's "shoes". Not that celeb's thoughts on politics shouldn't be a part of Celebritology, but badly written smears about politics really shouldn't be.

Posted by: EricS | August 20, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

reminds me of the saying
"no good deed goes unpunished" or in this case uncriticized

Posted by: hodie | August 20, 2008 1:33 PM

Well said hodie.

Posted by: jes | August 20, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I think Rossanne is irrelavant. She got some media play because it is mid-August and there is no news on the celebrity front except for who is wearing what bikini in San Tropez. I also don't think that anybody really cares about the which celebrity will vote for president. At the same time, I think that if the celebrity is voting for the same person you are then you may like that celebrity a little better (and vice versa).

Posted by: mdt | August 20, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

What will Phelps be qualified to do after the cheering stops? He's just an undereducated ADHD.

Posted by: them's the facts | August 20, 2008 1:38 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Who has already made more money that you ever will!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 1:49 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Who has already made more money that you ever will!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 1:49 PM

And will blow through it in no time flat. He's got nothing to fall back on once his swimming days are over. He can't even string together a coherent sentence.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 1:53 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And will blow through it in no time flat

Nope, he is not a NBA or NFL player!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 1:55 PM

Posted by: Speaking of non-sequiturs from the OP blog. | August 20, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Roseanne has always been a loud, crass, obnoxious sow who thinks she knows more than everyone else, and tries to drown everyone else out in a debate.Sadly, she does not realize that being loud and obnoxious, is not the same thing as being intelligent and eloquent.I still remember her hogging the microphone for a whole episode of 'Real Time with Bill Maher' and talking down to/lecturing the other guests:a veteran journalist and an author.Roseanne is pitiful, all the more so since she doesn't even realize what an embarrassment she makes of herself with her uncouth ignorance.She belongs in a trailer park watching Jerry Springer....

Posted by: Dave | August 20, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

23112 is correct. Roseanne's opinions have lost their relevance with America. Too bad she didn't come up with this opinion in the late 80's or early 90's!

She is a used-to-be commedianne who is looking to get back into the media. She tried it once before with singing the National Anthem while crotch-scratching and spitting.

Sorry Rosanne, once America thinks you are vile, even your possible valid political opinion has become insignificant to us.

Try autographing a few of your DVD sets, and see how that goes...

Posted by: FerdBurfle | August 20, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

My heartfelt thanks go out to Brad and Angelina for NOT telling me how they're going to vote. Or even IF they're going to vote. Why would I possibly care? And I'm not picking on them, I don't care about how anyone in Hollywood votes. Actually, I don't care how my neighbor votes, or the person in the office next to me, or the person driving in the car beside me, or in line in front of me in the grocery, etc. Why do people think they need to share this information with strangers?

Oh, and shut up, Roseanne.

Posted by: alex thanks Brangelina (and can't believe she typed that) | August 20, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Actually Oprah's given over $300 million of her own money to charity, and has been ranked by Business Week as the most philanthropic performer in show business. The corporate sponsored stuff she gives away is just fun ratings stunts and has nothing to do with her real philanthropy. As for Oprah, not adopting kids, HELLO, she just adopted THREE HUNDRED of the poorest girls in Africa. She considers the students at her school to be her daughters.

Posted by: Joanne | August 20, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

While I do think Brangelina is a pair of over-hyped, child-hoarding, spotlight-grabbing nitwits, Roseanne definitely should've have cast that stone. She should've known her glass house would be in shards in a heartbeat. She really should get back to doing what she does best - recording generic radio spots for Las Vegas timeshares.

Posted by: Em had some yummy steak for lunch | August 20, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

And I didn't catch that td had also mentioned the time shares. d'oh

As for the other question, I really don't care who celebrities vote for. Though, I do find it interesting that Toby Keith is a democrat and Obama supporter. Had me fooled there!

Posted by: Em is a couple hours behind | August 20, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

hey what's with the Phelps bashing? Sure he can be a little tongue tied at times but that reflects his age and immaturity, not his education. He was very gracious, and humble despite the extraordinary attention lavished on him. I'm mean really? What do you say to reporter after reporter who tells you that you are the greatest athelete of all time? Unless you are an arrogant jerk, which he is not but most super atheletes are, you blush and get a little tongue tied. Why does that mean he's stupid? He's the real deal.

I guess you were tired of talking about Rosanne and Brangelina. Frankly, I am too.

Posted by: hodie | August 20, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

hey what's with the Phelps bashing?

Just the MM's from OP. And believe it or not, they can be a bit more interesting than Rosanne, sometimes, maybe, kinda.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Rosanne's blogs are full of incoherent contradictory and ignorant rants, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Brangelina is being extremely hypocritical in behaving like they care about humanity, yet at the same time being too cowardly to speak up politically.

The reason they wont come out and endorse a candidate is because they are afraid to be attacked by Fox News and are afraid of alienating their audience and getting bad publicity. In other words they are putting their selfish career goals ahead of what's best for the country and the world. All their good deeds and adoptions don't mean a damn thing if more republicans get elected (and millions are denied health care) all because Bradjelina are too cowardly to take a stand.

They are influential enough to swing at least 10,000 votes and in a close election, that could make the difference. For them to allow millions to be denied health care, for them to allow the environment to get trashed, and more destruction in the middle east, more civil liberties and gay rights to get trampled on, all because they're too cowardly to stand up to the republicans makes them absolutely reprehensible and 100% complicit. As Elie Wiesel said "the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing" and these two are looking very foolish and cowardly showing off their twins in magazines & adopting one orphan a year when the future of the world is on the line. It's time to grow up Branjelina. You're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem.

Posted by: mustsay | August 20, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Anyone can consider anything. I consider that Bill Gates is my brother. However OPrah doesn't actually ahve to deal with these children except for photo ops, now does she?

Posted by: Wildly and totally wasting time. | August 20, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

But seriously - Roseanne has had too much surgery and it's affected her brain.

As for who Jolie supports? I think she won't say since she will have to do her UN work with however wins the election and alienating either of them would be idiotic.

Posted by: Wildly and totally wasting time. | August 20, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Liz, I heart you, but this has made for a fairly unappealing topic of conversation.

So I will once again resort to day dreaming at the mention of Michael Phelps. Mmm. Two posts in one day.

Posted by: Perhaps Sully should be working... | August 20, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

No celebrity has to deal with their kids. They all have hired help. But paying for hired help costs money.

Posted by: ohmy | August 20, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Um, sorry Queen Liz, there's really not enough gravitas to rationalize dedicating an entire thread to Roseanne.

Rosanne belongs to the P-listers now.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 20, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Jolie needs to take a stand. Who cares about her silly UN work which is nothing but photo ops anyway. The future of the planet is on the line in this election and if Jolie is too cowardly to stand up for what she truly believes in I have lost all respect for her and will never watch her movies again. Her attempt to play it safe has backfired big time. She is a coward.

Posted by: Aimy | August 20, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mustsay | August 20, 2008 2:31 PM
___________

You know, these two people are *actors*, not politicians. They have no duty get involved in politics one way or the other. As many here have already said, who the heck cares what any actor thinks about politics - folks should make that decision based on their own beliefs, not on what some actor says. Maybe this venom should be directed toward your representatives in congress since they are actually the ones who need to "stand up to the republicans." You can google them to get email addresses to send you opinions. Stand up for yourself. If you would rather blather on about how some actor should stand up for you, then you deserve what you get.

Posted by: sunnydaze does not get her politics from Hollywood | August 20, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

mustsay,
wow. i didn't realize the future of the entire world was going to be determined by who brad and angelina vote for. i'm glad to know that. now i can sit back on my a** and just wait to see what they do before making any decisions for myself.

and when it all goes in the toilet, it'll be all their fault. i won't have to share any of the blame.

uh, what?

Posted by: b | August 20, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Aimy, unless you work for UNHCR or an affiliated relief org and have been on committees, advocacy intiatives, or field trips with Angelina Jolie, I cordially invite you to STFU about how much "work" she does.

Wow. "Silly" UN work. I never imagined I could be so personally offended by some twit on a blog. No wonder horrendous poverty and unthinkable crimes against humanity persist, if that's what the common folk (and I do mean "common") think of what we do.

Posted by: WDC | August 20, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

They do have a responsibility to get involved. Millions pay attention to them as evidenced by their pictures on all the magazines. They could swing thousands of votes if they weren't so terrified of losing a few fans (and hence money). They claim to be so charitable because they've adopted handful of kids, but their failure to get involved will deny MILLIONS of kids health care, all because they're too selfish to sacrifice all the glowing publicity and universal appeal. Real charity is making a real sacrifice when it matters and for them to sit on the sidelines like cowards during the most important election in American history undermines all their good work and is a shameful disgusting legacy.

Posted by: Will | August 20, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I appreciate Brangelina not jumping into the endorsement bandwagon, unlike the scores of fatuous stars, who believe their opinions shape humanity. There are things about Brangelina that annoy me, but, they are ten thousand times more palatable than Roseanne Barr. I'm sure Obama doesn't relish her support. With Scarlet Johanson following him around like a groupie, chirping how she is going to have his babies, and Phil Spector wearing Obama buttons to his court dates in preparation for his second murder trial, celebrity endorsement isn't necessarily a good thing.

Posted by: michele bond | August 20, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

I think celebrities should speak out. Their opinions do shape votes, and if the election is very close, and Branjelina fail to take a stand, I will never respect them again.

Posted by: Milly | August 20, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I think it all is mundane. Angelina and Brad, really. Do we remember Angelina's hell-on-wheels days? She would not make the money she makes without finding a way to recoup...easy...become socially responseible, have children in your trendy Angelina way and throw a few dimes into a country where you can feed entire villages for dollars. I'm sure she claims all the money she spends as a tax cut and here we end up paying for a cause we did not choose and that is not in our own community.
It is a political smoke screen. The checkout lady at the grocers I frequent is 60, has 2x jobs, and looks at me one day and says I never thought we'd both be working 2x jobs at our age. She stops, what if one of us gets sick?
Maybe Rosanne's point is yeah the world is a crazy place and you all suck, but we need to help our own or organize more millionaires to help others in the public view. Maybe Angelina is a closeted Bush fan. He seems to care about other nations for the wrong reason too. Obama is concerned more about our future and how the rest of the world effects us now and will in the future. PICK CAROLYN KENNEDY, and show Americia you are different!
So, why not shop your support at home and make sure people know your intentions. She may be nice, but Angelina will probably have more money at the end of the day with McCain.
It's easy to be a good person for the sake of your public career, especially doing things we TV watchers are hot for.
What about taking a higher tax bracket and paying your part, local sales and property taxes, and political involvement at home? I pay 31.7% of my income to Social Security and Taxes. Well being noble would put you on the cover of Star magazine, miss thing, thats why!
Please put Rosaenne out there. Piss her off enough and she will rip everyone down to their own point. She's working the Saharra in Vegas. She doesn't need to be afraid of what everyone is thinking. She may have derailed her career, but she is honest and unafraid to BE REAL. I think she is a truthful goddess. She will say anything and at least she says what she feels. Oh, she's a has been...She's an always will be. She represents alot of Americans and your distain for her is really the distain you have for what you probably find that is unsavory in your own life.
And who are all of you anyway? Why don't you call Roseanne out on her own blog? At least she's making all of you argue the point of celebrity loyalty to politicians. You have no idea how devious people can be out of the public eye when it comes to money.
Really, Angelina and Brad. Are they living the life you covet? How sad. I would sit and drink vodka stingers in Vegas with Roseanne anytime. No let's promote violence in americia and then try to be mother Theresa in Africia. GET BENT!

Posted by: Detached | August 20, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

If we're going to jump on celebrities for their look-at-me charitable undertakings, let's talk about Madonna, who, despite being wealthy enough to subsidize the entire country of Malawi, takes one of its children so that she can flaunt the latest must-have celeb accessory -- a little foreign child in her arms. With her wealth, she could have paid little David's way and helped his family so that he could stay with them and grow up with his own sisters and brothers. But, no, it was too important to have that little bundle of PR in her own arms.

Or maybe we could talk about Oprah, whose charitable impulses are legendary more for the attention they bring her than for anything they actually accomplish. Didn't anyone think it was bizarre that she attended the opening of her girls' school in a pink taffeta gown that was beautifully set off by the greens of the school uniform blazers? Or that, when the abuse scandal broke, she made one obligatory trip and then left the whole mess in other people's hands?

I do find the whole circus that is Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's life to be absurd, but there are many more flagrant examples of celebrity attention-seeking through charitable causes. Let's concentrate on the worst of them.

Posted by: magpie | August 20, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdt | August 20, 2008 1:57 PM

Um.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

I couldn't care less about Brangelina not giving enough to charity. What bothers me is that they have the power to swing thousands of votes in a razor close election and wont do it because they are too selfish to alienate a segment of their audience, too selfish to make a little less money at the box office, too selfish to get a little bad publicity. I have no respect for cowards who wont take a stand. We can't afford that anymore. This election's too important.

Posted by: Fey | August 20, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

We've replaced the members of the Electoral College with the celebrities with the highest number of Google mentions as of a week before the general election. Let's watch with our hidden camera and see if anyone notices. . . .

Posted by: td | August 20, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

If people are letting celebrities tell them how to vote, this country is in bigger trouble than I thought. They are celebrities!!!!!! Most of them wouldn't know the Constitution if it bit them on their liposuctioned butts. Anyone who says "I am voting for X because Angelina/Brad/Roseanne/Oprah said to" should have their voter registration yanked permanently.

Yes, this election is important. Too important to be left to people who care more about the latest shoe style than the issues.

Posted by: ep | August 20, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

The truth of the matter is that celebrities DO have influence (whether that's good or bad is not the point). But for a celebrity to be using all that influence to sell copies of people magazine & promoting her stupid movies when she could be fighting the republicans who want to deny us health care care, peace, environmental protection, shows how shallow, vapid and cowardly Brangelina really are.

Posted by: David | August 20, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Milly | August 20, 2008 2:50 PM

Oh, my God!

Posted by: Wow! | August 20, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Holy Moly! Does this qualify as a BKD?!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Not a Roseanne fan....until now. She's dead on about Pitt/Jolie.

Posted by: K Ward | August 20, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

WELL...SHE did it...
NAME...on everyone's mind (and out of everyone's mouths)
PURPOSE:...to do just that
WHY:...because she can
OPINION:....beautiful.
I particularly do not like that part of the trailer court and what better way not to be forgotton than to pick on a new mother of twins who has adopted three orphans? As I say....beautiful...well done...I love this stuff. Hollywood, the biggest trailer court of them all. Rant on ya all...it's the best show in the country...if ya all remember at all...shows are fantasy....as is the political fancys of the over indulged - rich and greedy - drones and clones of the 'hollywood elite.'

Posted by: GOTCHA!!!!!!! | August 20, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td | August 20, 2008 3:02 PM

This should get comment of the week.

Posted by: Renee loves a BKD | August 20, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

BKD Man says "Oh, yeah!"

Posted by: M Street | August 20, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td | August 20, 2008 3:02 PM

This should get comment of the week.

Posted by: Renee loves a BKD | August 20, 2008 3:17 PM

A great project for Blog Stats. Would keep him off the streets and out of the bars for a while.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

OK, so let me see if I understand this celebrities must take a stand argument...

Paris Hilton has done some minimal charity work and never put herself on the line, but she made an (arguably) anti-McCain video with the help of some actually funny and talented other folks.

The Jolie-Pitts have contributed millions of dollars both at home and abroad and put their own time and energy into their respective causes both at home and abroad, but because they won't tell you who they are voting for in the upcoming election, their other work means nothing.

According to the arguments above, the vacuous Paris Hilton is deserving of the respect of the American people, while the (admittedly weird-o) Jolie-Pitts deserve nothing but disdain. Is that about right?

Anyone know who Clint Eastwood is voting for? How about Meryl Streep? Jodie Foster? Tom Hanks - after all he is the top grossing actor in Hollywood? Julia Roberts? Johnny Depp? Halle Berry? Drew Berrymore? Are all of these actors and the thousands of others who have fan followings just as large or larger than the Jolie Pitts also worthy of the vitriol expressed here, or they allowed to keep their political belief to themselves just like every other American?

Posted by: sunnydaze | August 20, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Rachelt~doesn't take nerve with you speak with STUPID FORKED TOUNG! Rosanne needs to open her mouth and suck-inwards! She has no business telling anyone who they should support, last I heard this is a free country (yeah right) and they are not in this country, so what does she care! And what makes her think they will vote for the Jackass or the Phant? Please need to get a grip and take care of their own back yards!

Posted by: Irish Rose | August 20, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Since when is anyone required to endorse or otherwise publicly support a candidate for political office? Frankly, I'm sick of the campaigns fawning all over vapid (and I mean that in a good way) celebs just to get a mention in People magazine.

On Angie - I like her, despite myself. When she testified before Congress, she was informed and passionate - not at all a empty blouse. And she brings much needed attention to serious global problems, such as poverty and disease.

Posted by: barrnone | August 20, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, what are these comments like the one from GOTCHA! that don't even make any sense? Who is writing this stuff.

Anyway, I think if you're getting your political views from Brad and Angelina, you've got bigger things to worry about than who the next president will be. Seriously. She didn't even go to college, why would she know more than most of us presumably educated people? She can endorse clothes all she wants and encourage people to do charity work but please do not imply that they can solve out nation's problems just by standing next to Obama in a cleavage baring dress.

Posted by: Ballston | August 20, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Futher, they may not vote at all! Think about it!

Posted by: Irish Rose | August 20, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

rosanne barr is worth NOTHING, and needs a good swift reality kick where it would most count. she has NO talent.

Posted by: Alex | August 20, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

If memory serves, I believe I remember reading that Roseanne has some sort of mood disorder. I think she is a smart lady, but her thoughts are disorderly, bumping around in there and randomly coming forth.

Sometimes, she's on point; sometimes, she's off the planet.

However, the question of whether we have really reached the point where a celebrity endorsement sways a significant portion of the voting public is an interesting one.

There are signs in Metro these days saying, "vote, any issue is THE issue." And I suspect that's true. You can vote for McCain if you believe his position on the issues aligns with yours; you can vote for McCain because Chuck Norris told you to. End result is the same.

Re: Roseanne's blog, sparrowfart in the wind, folks. Really. But Roseanne will always be entertaining. I hope she is invited back on Bill Maher's show this year.

Posted by: NW DC | August 20, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Where's hermespal today? I'd love to hear her input on this.

Posted by: td | August 20, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

This is a BKD in bizarro world. The original BKD was fairly entertaining and there were some comical gems in the midst of the frightening examples of the low level of education amongst our youth. Today, however, is just horrifying.

Make it stop!

Posted by: Sully is running for the hills | August 20, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Rosanne who?? and as for who Angelina is endorsing for president, it really shouldn't matter; we are all responsible for our decisions. So as voters you should do your research and chose a candidate that you believe in. Brad and Angelina have nothing to do with it........

Posted by: Anne | August 20, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

I think that most people are smart enough to make up their own minds on whom they will vote for when election time rolls around.
I am so tired of celebrities thinking that they are special and if they vote for a particular person, that they can sway voters.
I hope the people of this nation are smarter then that.
If not we are in a lot of trouble

Posted by: Jeannie | August 20, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

hey sunnydaze, don't forget Jane Fonda. Her opinion once mattered! ; ) You are on target.

Detached-nearly had me convinced.

Posted by: hodie | August 20, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

How much does Rosanne give away to charity? If she gives more than them than she can start bashing them, but if she doesn't than she needs to be quiet.

Posted by: Mallori | August 20, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Oh my, I don't think my day was complete until I saw the "FORKED TONGUE!" Seriously, what is with people today? I kind of expected this on a Tom Cruise BKD day, but Roseanne? Seriously?

Posted by: Magnolia | August 20, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Where's hermespal today? I'd love to hear her input on this
****
don't know. haven't seen her online for a couple of days. anyone?

Posted by: janet wonders the same thing about hermespal | August 20, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

ok, I'm new to this blog. Someone tell me what BKD means.

Posted by: hodie | August 20, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

The fate of the U.S. and the w-h-o-l-e w-o-r-l-d is upon the shoulder of Brangelina?

The horror, the horror!

Posted by: Colonel Walter E. Kurtz | August 20, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

I think "Maybe Angelina is a closeted Bush fan." from the middle of Detached's rant, is Comment of the Week. Although it's probably too political for Celebritology.

Posted by: Red Dragon | August 20, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm too lazy to find the exact days for you, hodie, but the original BKD occured in the last couple of months in a post by Liz about Miley Cyrus and another BKD occured shortly thereafter relating to Tom Cruise. It will take quite a bit of time to read through all of the posts on these days, but in doing so you will come to understand a lot of Celebritology lexicon.

Posted by: Sully (clearly lied when she said she was running for the hills) | August 20, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

What? Roseanne Barr isn't supporting Bob Barr for President?

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 20, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

hodie - BKD is basically shorthand for a really crazy day when a bunch of odd/insane/otherwise nonsensical comments are made. It originated, I think, on a chat about Lilo posing as Marilyn Monroe. The cover of the mag publishing the photos had Bobby Kennedy on it and someone (who shall remain nameless - Sasquatch) typo'd the name writing Booby Kennedy instead. It caught on as way to describe the crazy day on which hundreds of Texting Tweener Twits or TTTs commented in barely legible IM language and has since morphed into a way to describe any crazy day on this blog. BKDs usually occur when the blog is linked to the front page, but that is not always necessary. Hope this helps!

If you scroll back through some of the posts you will eventually find a glossery of terms that may be helpful to you if you plan to hang around here - only a few of them are used regularly, and most a just funny.

Posted by: sunnydaze gives a little history lesson | August 20, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

The framers of our Constitution must have known someone like Roseanne - which is why they (in their infinite wisdom), granted us privacy at the voting booth. No wonder Tom left this shrieking cow.

Posted by: Caroline | August 20, 2008 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Sully might be right that it was the little Cyrus girl and not Lilo that inspired the first BKD, I really can't remember...

Posted by: sunnydaze | August 20, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Hi guys, sorry I'm late to the party!

I find this whole brouhaha jaw-droppingly ridiculous. I'm firmly in the I-don't-care-who-celebrities-endorse camp; believe people have a right to keep their voting preferences private; and clearly by some of the posts here they would be equally reviled for making an endorsement as they are for not making an endorsement.

The notion that they are not "taking a stand in such a crucial election" is a complete non-sequitor--they are actors, taking stands in politics is not in their job description. Using their public profile to bring attention to hunger, refugees, rebuilding new orleans--in other words, trying to get their average fans to get involved in charity even as they give millions to charities and causes they endorse is simply admirable philanthropy. If that activity moves congressmen and women to act on those issues, all the better.

And again, the notion that they are "attention seekers" is hilarious. They live in a 24 hour a day media glare where they are continuously stalked by dozens of paparazzi, it is probably more accurate to say they are privacy seekers.

Just my humble opinion.

Posted by: hermespal | August 20, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

hodie, BKD means Booby Kennedy Day. Here's the post/Comments where it originated:

April 29: The Naked Truth About Miley Cyrus

"God, I love these days. Linked-from-the-front-page days. We should come up with a name for them. (Booby Kennedy Days?)"

Posted by: h3 | April 29, 2008 12:42 PM

Posted by: td | August 20, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Hodie,

BKD is a Booby Kennedy Day. Any day that the comments get really weird and ranting. It started on a day we were snarking on some tween star. The texting tweener twits (TTTs) weighed in, bad spelling and all. A regular asked if this was "Booby Kennedy Day" meaning to say "Bobby Kennedy Day." From this typo a designation of any off the wall blog comment section was born.

For all the new folks, you can check back through the last few Friday posts for a complete list of the Lizard Lexicon. Unlike most blogs, we actually have it available for newbies to learn the terminology instead of leaving them guessing or feeling left out.

Posted by: ep | August 20, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Sully sez: This is a BKD in bizarro world.

Liz does this just to rattle our chains and to see what loonies she can scare out of the woodwork. I always envision her gleefully laughing at the ensuing mayhem.

Posted by: alex (with a little "a") | August 20, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Thanks everyone on the glossary lesson. I understand now!

Enjoying this blog, will probably come back but I really should be working. Used to frequent Pookies AI blog (yes I need a life). This one is just as fun.

Posted by: hodie | August 20, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Love Lisa's AI blog and I don't even watch the show! Welcome hodie, and others who have dropped in for a taste of the world of Celebritology.
Liz said she'd be checking in throughout the day. I wonder what she's thinking...

Posted by: methinks | August 20, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

I don't know who Brad & Angie are endorsing, but I am formally endorsing Jimmy Buffett for President in 2008.

Buffett for America 2008
Why don't we get drunk and ...?

Posted by: Brutal is going to rock the vote and change the world | August 20, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

ROSEANNE IS ROSEANNE AND SHE LOVES EFFECT ! W E L L --SHE GOT IT DIDN'T SHE?
IF YOU HAVE ANY BELIEF THAT HOLLYWOOD IS ANYTHING MORE THAN A GIANT TRAILER COURT FULL OF TRAILER COURT TRASH WITH ALL THEIR MONEY AND GREED AND READ THIS CRAP WITH ANYTHING MORE THAN THE ATTITUDE OF ENTERTAINMENT THEN YOU HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM. HENCE, GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

Posted by: THE ONLY ONE MAKING SENSE | August 20, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Only One,

Yell much??

Shut up!

Posted by: Brutal thinks people who yell in a blog suck! | August 20, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Rosanne = Rosie O'Donnell

Both are boring and should go away.

Brangelina - annoying and need to pick a country to live in and stop with the weirdo gypsy act.

BUT - I don't even care who my parents vote for. Vote for whomever you wish - that's what's so nice about democracy!! Yea!!

Posted by: Amelia | August 20, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

pssssst- Only One Who Cares- your caps lock is down.

(how embarrassing)

Posted by: Sully says XYZ | August 20, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Dag. That's for only one that's making sense

Posted by: Sully shoulda previewed. | August 20, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Double Dag. What time is it?

Posted by: Sully's wrong again | August 20, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

The thing is, Angelina has said she wants to wait until she is fully informed to make a choice on the candidates. That's exactly what EVERYONE should do.

And for all you people who are DEMANDING that they come out in support of a candidate, what happens if it is not the one you support? I can see you all ranting and raving about how horrible it is that they came out in support of a candidate.

Lastly, what if they aren't happy with either choice? Plenty of people aren't. Why must they make a choice at all. We have the right to vote, but we also have the right to not vote if we cannot, with good conviction, pick either candidate.

Posted by: MGC | August 20, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

HENCE GOTCHA? Ergo AHA! Alas Yay!

What does that even mean? Who are you people? Why aren't we discussing Meg "why can't I find a date" Ryan? Why aren't we counting the days until John Mayer has a STD named in his honor?

Why, for the love of Gawd, Why?

Posted by: ex cap | August 20, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Tomorrow I'll post the updated "Celebritology Universe Unabashed Glossary of Terms" and the "Assembly of Lizards" document (which contains the various positions of importance on Lizard Island and the first two Artlcles of Confederation) for all the interested Newbies.

Posted by: Curmudgeon is Keeper of the Good Stuff | August 20, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

John Mayer Genital Warts?

HeHe!

Posted by: sunnydaze | August 20, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Whew!

I'm so glad Brutal and ex cap are Celebritologists.

Posted by: alex appreciates a return to normalcy | August 20, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

John Mayer Genital Warts?

HeHe!

Posted by: sunnydaze | August 20, 2008 4:59 PM
====
Huh? Did he get them from Roseanne? What does John Mayer's pee pee have to do with whom Brangelina is supporting in the 2008 election?

I'm thinking they're really too embarrased to admit they're joining fellow Naderites, Sean Penn and Val Kilmer.

Can't you see it now? "Ange, don't take Roseanne's bait. If you mention we're supporting Nadar we'll never be invited to Barbara Streisand's cocktail party in Malibu. Look what happened to Val and Sean."

"Oh Brad, don't worry. My huge, post-partum breasts completely cover up the 'Nader 2008' tattoo I got on my rib last year."

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 20, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

td's comment about the electoral college is definitely comment of the week -- so far.

wonder how all the folks who jumped on the mustsay bandwagon would feel if brangelina comes out in support of Ralph Nader or Bob Barr....

Yeah, that'll really help the world.

reminds me of when john warner ran the first time and i thought i was going to slap my bff when she said she was voting for him because she wanted to see elizabeth taylor in the d.c. area. as if she'd run into her in the checkout line at giant or the kfc... as we all know, liz moved on, and va's been stuck with warner for 25+ years.....i just keep telling myself "he's not bill scott"

but i digress...

anybody seen the trailer for 'disaster movie' yet? that looks soooo bad it might be really good.

Posted by: b | August 20, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

and the garner-afflecks have finally admitted they're expecting their second.

Posted by: b, desperately trying to change the subject | August 20, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

So not only must celebrities publicly endorse politicians, but it must be the politicians that "We" agree with/support...
People here are criticizing Pitt/Jolie for not publicly endorsing a candidate for President, but not just any politician, it has to be Barack Obama.If Jolie or Pitt endorsed McCain, they would get raked over the coals even more.Does anyone realize how sick this kind of thinking is? Celebrities HAVE to disclose their political leanings, and said political views have to be in line with "Us".I agree with a previous poster, this country is in worse shape than I thought if people actually believe this garbage!

Posted by: Dave | August 20, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Please Liz Kelly, promise us some light-hearted froth tomorrow.

Posted by: jes is curled up in the fetal position sucking her thumb | August 20, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

But the important question at the end of the day (on the East Coast anyway) is whose stance is wider, Roseanne's or Larry Craig's?

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 20, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 20, 2008 5:52 PM
=======================================

Rush Limbaugh, radio peresonality

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 20, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Brad and Angelina arent anymore relavent than Roseanne. Its all hollywood BS. Not only do they want to be famous but now they have the need for the world perceive them as "good kind people". Its really sick and sad if you ask me. Angelina is just using the baby fat to keep her lips pumped up to vaginal proportions. God forbid that woman gets a moustache when she hits menapause! Maybe her and Roseanne can work out a deal. They suck the fat out of Roseannes backside and inject it into Angies lips. That would really make Brad a kiss @ss!

Posted by: Who Cares | August 20, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Tomorrow I'll post the updated "Celebritology Universe ...

All I got to say, Mudge, is that I hope I am finally recognized as the Official Inventor of Lizard Land.

(please, pretty please with a pony on top!)

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 20, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Brangelina should be encouraging people to be undecided in such an important election. Anyone who is still undecided after 8 years of republicans ruining the world is an absolute moron or a sociopath. Is Brangelina really so stupid that they don't realize how much damage the republicans will do or are they just too cowardly & self-serving to take a stand? Either way I've lost all respect for them and will never watch another movie of theirs.

Posted by: Jason | August 20, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

Jason, just curious: How is the fact that they have not specifically endorsed a candidate "encouraging people to be undecided"?

I just don't get it. They're actors, not world leaders. Who gives a rat's behind which candidate they will vote for?

Posted by: hermespal | August 20, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Argh. Elias Howe, it's Lizard Island, not Lizard Land. We may have to rescind your title. You're gonna have to do some quality snark to keep it.

Posted by: Lizard Island, thank you very much | August 20, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Oh, sorry, I have been working so hard recently for the glory of Lizard Island.

I must go to the Tiki for some re-freshement!

Pour a double Manhattan for me will ya? On the rocks please!

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 20, 2008 6:39 PM | Report abuse

(and I did promise a pony!)

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 20, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Liz - How can I submit complaints about comments that are inappropriate?

Posted by: Rachel | August 20, 2008 6:42 PM | Report abuse

She's just driving more people into the McCain camp.

Posted by: _kt_ | August 20, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm not a fan of either Pitt or Jolie, I'll admit. At the same time, if they don't want to endorse a candidate, I don't believe it's anywhere in the Constitution they have to.

Barr misses the limelight, and it's a shocker she ever got it. I remember when you had to have talent to get it.

I would say what I think of her, but then this post would have to be deleted.

Posted by: M.T. Fisher | August 20, 2008 6:47 PM | Report abuse

If John Mayer has genital warts, would John Mayer Genital Wart Remover remove John Mayer or John Mayer's genital warts?

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 20, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mallori | August 20, 2008 3:43 PM

---------------------------------------------
About 30 pounds of ugly adipose tissue would be a good start.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 20, 2008 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: b | August 20, 2008 11:41 AM

------------------------------------------

b, if you're gonna play Clue, ya gotta give the suspected location. Did Norma Desmond do it with the blog in the aviary or the drawing room?

Posted by: Sasquatch says j'accuse! | August 20, 2008 6:58 PM | Report abuse

I can't help but think that the world would be a lot nicer place if Jennifer Love Hewitt had gone proper nacked in her teens and 20s, while Rosanne draped a surplus baseball infield tarp over her double-wide derriere

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 20, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

As for Bradgelina and their acolytes, I'm reminded of a sticker that Mad Magazine carried in the mid 1960s:

Don't go away mad.
Just go away.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 20, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

And for light froth tomorrow, I'll take my froth on top of a Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale, thank you very much.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 20, 2008 7:06 PM | Report abuse

You can uncurl and quit sucking your thumb now, jes; Sasquatch is here.

Posted by: alex gives a sigh of relief | August 20, 2008 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Liz - How can I submit complaints about comments that are inappropriate?

Posted by: Rachel | August 20, 2008 6:42 PM

===========================================
If you go all the way to the very first comment, this is above it. Always has.

"Please email us to report offensive comments" "email" is a hyperlink.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 7:11 PM | Report abuse

You can uncurl and quit sucking your thumb now, jes; Sasquatch is here.

Posted by: alex gives a sigh of relief | August 20, 2008 7:09 PM

Not for long, alex. I got a lot of code testing to do in the next day. Murphy's Law of Chronological Relativity as Applied to Application Programming:

If not for the last minute, no code would get deployed.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 20, 2008 7:16 PM | Report abuse

You can uncurl and quit sucking your thumb now, jes; Sasquatch is here.

Posted by: alex gives a sigh of relief | August 20, 2008 7:09 PM
--------------------------------------------

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 20, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

I used to be really huge fans of Brangelina, but what Rosanne said really concerns me. Do they really give only $3 million a year to charity? That's pretty bad. And are they really considering endorsing a republican? If the republicans get in we'll be stuck in Iraq, probably have a war with Iran, global warming will go out of control, teachers will continue to be payed crap wages, the economy will continue to tank, the gap between the rich and poor will continue to grow, the world will continue to hate America, women will lose their right to choose, gays will continue to be denied equal rights, and you can kiss universal health care good bye. I always admired Brangelina for their humanitarian efforts, but the most productive way they could use their enormous fame is by speaking up during this all important election. Remember Bragelina it was us little people that made you famous, and if you betray us by staying silent, we will never ever forgive you.

Posted by: Nicole | August 20, 2008 7:42 PM | Report abuse

PERSONALLY I AM SICK OF BRANGELINA. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL ABOUT THEM? THEY'RE PEOPLE JUST LIKE THE REST OF US BUT WITH MILLIONS OF $$$$
WHO CARES ABOUT THEM?

I SAY GO ROSANNE!!! SPEAK UR MIND FOR EVERYBODY ELSE WHO IS TOO SCARED TO.

Posted by: JESBC1 | August 20, 2008 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Well, we'll hide behind you for however long you're around. Holding our noses, of course.

Posted by: alex will take whatever she can get | August 20, 2008 7:47 PM | Report abuse

"Anytime I'm around, it is highly recommended that Celebritology participants remove their thumbs from their mouths and use their thumbs and forefingers to hold their noses."

No need to do this Sas! Starting next week when my "Official Michael Phelps Nose Guard and Clip" goes on sale in all authorized locations!

Hope you don't have any allergies to gold, that is the only color it comes in!

(Hey, even we inventors need to jump the cash cow to finance our more Island-worthy inventions!)

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 20, 2008 7:49 PM | Report abuse

If Rush Limbaugh is allowed is allowed to rant and rave then so is Roseanne. This is called "Freedom of Speech". Remember?
The Constitution? So chill out.

Posted by: burnsville | August 20, 2008 8:06 PM | Report abuse

Just like dumb hollywood. No one is allowed to have an opinion. If so they are chastized. It only makes them look more brainless and mindless. If Jon Voight wants to vote for McCain, why is that anyone's business. This is America. I thought we were free to say and think the way we would like to. I guess Hollywood is the new Dictator in this country. If you disagree with them, you no longer have a job, have friends and should probably disappear. What hypocrites. If you are not liberal, you are hated. Now the dems really look hateful, vile, and out of touch with the rest of the world. That isn't liberal, it is controlling. Roseanne, mind your own business and stop butting into everyone else's. Is this your way of getting hollywood to love you again? How pathetic. Why don't you spend more time doing the kind things for others that Angelina and Brad do. They are busy trying to build a better world rather than tearing it down like you do. Gosh, you must be really jealous of them Who are you to investigate Brad's failed marriage. You should look in your own backyard.

Posted by: Josie | August 20, 2008 8:06 PM | Report abuse

ya all are just plain nuts or is it just plain squirrels? who cares...the 5th just took a potty break and it does stink in here...

Posted by: NUTS | August 20, 2008 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Obviously her brain has caved in and soon her face will cave in to match it.

No, she's isn't relevant. But neither are any of the others. Not relevant to my life.

Posted by: mainer | August 20, 2008 8:23 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for always being on the job for us, Elias! And gold is my color. Sign me up.

Posted by: alex likes those labor-saving devices | August 20, 2008 8:25 PM | Report abuse

I cant believe people have nothing to do besides butt in other peoples lives? do we not have enough drama in our on families ?
or are the out of work actors have to stir up the pot so much, that they miss their names in the spot light? makes you wonder!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 20, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

I think Roseanne is right, and last time I checked, the fact that she's a celebrity doesn't take away her first amendment rights to get pissed off in whatever manner she chooses.

Posted by: Emily | August 20, 2008 8:52 PM | Report abuse

I'm wondering how many kids Roseanne has adopted or how many much money she has donated to help any charitable cause.

Oh right, she has her not adopted a single child.

Posted by: Eliza | August 20, 2008 9:29 PM | Report abuse

This really made me lose respect for Roseanne. She is entitleed to her opinion, but she shouldn't openly bash someone in this way. Angelina herself gives so much to the world and Roseanne, who has done nothing complains? Angelina helps more people a DAY than Roseanne has in her whole lifetime.

Posted by: Angelina Lover | August 20, 2008 9:55 PM | Report abuse

As American citizens we all have the right to speak our mind or not, as we see fit. This includes celebrities. Last time I checked all 3 (or 4 if you count Jon Voight) involved in this spat are citizens. That said, it'll be a cold day in hell before I put my own intelligence and opinions on hold and let any celebrity determine my vote. I am perfectly capable of listening to McCain, Obama, or the Cat in the Hat and making an election decision for myself. I couldn't give a rat's ass who any of them vote for, it is their own personal decision and no one else's business. I do believe it is illegal, because of the days of Jim Crowe, to force Anyone to publicly declare their vote. That's the only thing that irritates me about this whole thing. Roseanne has no right to demand that they declare their vote publicly. And I am really glad that thus far they have had NO response to her.

Posted by: beth | August 20, 2008 10:04 PM | Report abuse

BRAVO!! Rosanne

I'm not a fan of Rosanne but I do admire her for having the guts to say what alot of people are thinking about these two posers. Self-serving humanitarium acts doesn't make them Mother Teresa and Ghandi. And Angelina is not the only woman in the world to adopt, experience motherhood and break up a marriage so she really needs to get over herself and stop with the prepared media hype.

Posted by: Chelsea9018 | August 20, 2008 10:14 PM | Report abuse

All I can say is, "It's just peppermint!" :-)

Posted by: MikeyA | August 20, 2008 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Hey Holloywood, give ma a sitcom about a barnyard pig that lives with Bill and Obama in the White House. Oink Oink

Posted by: Roseann the spitting pig | August 20, 2008 10:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Roseann the spitting pig | August 20, 2008 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Give me a double double at MacDs, I a fat white actress who is jealous of beautiful talented people...oink oink oink, I love you Democrats...No real man will love, only democrats, oink oink

Posted by: Fatty Roseann Oinker | August 20, 2008 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Okay...

Roseanne: please spare us of your judgements and opinions about other stars. Who are you to judge Brad and Angelina? Why do you even care about what they are doing? Butt out and mind your own. If you want to share your opinion about politics, great, we all have the right to share that- but I can't figure why you would have to involve Brad and Angelina to make your political views heard... oh that's right... Brad and Angelina still have careers in HW, if you want your opinion to make it in the headlines you have to involve people who are actually still in the headlines and worth talking about.

Brad and Angelina: glad to see that you are doing charity work. I wish I could do as much as you. You're not perfect and you don't try to act like you are. I probably have totally different beliefs and views than you, but I do respect what you are doing.

Oh and it's kinda funny... when I first heard about this I thought they were talking about Rosie O... maybe those two should get together and share in a circle group.... I'M JUST SAYIN'!

Posted by: SC | August 20, 2008 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Some of you people scare the c*&p out of me. I don't care who Brangelina support. I don't care who Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan sleep with. I don't care about so much of the utter bulls*$t that has somehow become front page news in this country. Are you kidding me??? How many millions has Roseanne given to charity? How many has she helped? Roseanne Barr was always low class white trash and always will be, just like Rosie O will always be angry at the world and anyone whose opinion is different from her own. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! Celebrities are for entertainment purposes only, not for shaping popular opinion or telling me how to live my life or who I should vote for or how I should raise my children. Only a moron would be so easily influenced by someone simply because they're "famous". I wish Oprah would shut up too. Thinking she couldn't get into Hermes because she's black. She couldn't get in 'cause they were CLOSED!!!!

Posted by: Steve | August 21, 2008 12:15 AM | Report abuse

So weird, I thought it WAS Rosie O'Donnell and I was thinking, well, it's kind of like having a female, Don Rickles, you just make your way by being wholeheartedly nasty and critical of anyone who's important in some way or other. So we have these two female Don Rickleses who are both named after the flower with the highest vibration of any living thing? Radical. Personally, I think the Jolie Pitt family can endure some critcism and might not even ever hear about it. Secondly, there's some truth to this nasty observation. They both make violent bloody provocative films but then Rosie, this one, made some pretty slobby television in her day. It wasn't all that inspirational or exemplary either. I am not named after a flower.

Posted by: Gaias Child | August 21, 2008 2:31 AM | Report abuse

Roseanne has many skeletons in the closet, dating back to when she first had a website, prior to the present one. She should be careful what she says about others as I'm sure she would not want the world to know what took place back then. This can be backed up, she knows and she has yet to come forward. I'm still waiting, Roseanne.

Posted by: RJ | August 21, 2008 2:47 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps I was asleep the last 18 years.. who is this woman and why should we care?

Posted by: whoisshe? | August 21, 2008 8:30 AM | Report abuse

I guess this is what the has-been TV star of the 80's do when she's bored, drunk, and has no work to do. Blogging on the internet hoping to attract some attention. And she's doing so from her nice comfortable chair in her big ass mansion in Hollywood and Las Vegas.

Really wonder what else has this woman been giving away for charity except her first born she gave up for adoption when she was 17. (Okay, that was a cheap shot. But she started it).

So, if $3 millions is too little for Brad and Angie to give away (plus all their other charitable works and donations), how much DID you and your family give away to help other people in need, Rosie? Let's us see the number and compare it to your yearly income + net worth.

Perhaps Rosie would prefer Brad and Angie more if they turn up like Paris Hilton and those other brats of Hollywood. Rich + fab.looking + + no tallent + party till they puke + DUI convictions + rehap hopping + with "wouldn't-want-to-be-poor-like-you" attitude.

You said, Brad and Angie earn $40M per year. Is that the fact? Are you their private accountant? If they give away $20M for charity, will you still call them 'evil' for still keeping the other $20M?

Charitable work/donation should be done by the heart and not by the force. Brad and Angie did choose to do it from their hearts. They could have just sit still and enjoy life by spending lots of money and pampering themselves silly.

Angie perform her duty with the UNHCR with no photographers running around taking pictures of her. She did her job quietly. This just shows how dedicated she is to her work with them.

Brad still cares, and does something, about the well being of people in New Orleans while other celebrities stop when the flood has gone.

They want to have big family. Good for them. Isn't 6 kids is the same number of, as you yourself called them, 'dunces' as you have, Rosie? (Five plus one you gave up for adoption)

You are also a mother, how would you like if someone called your daughter 'evil spawn'?

Seems that Roseanne is doing what is hip to gain attention again. She's blogging when internet blog is in fashion.

She accused her parents of physically and sexually abusing her when it's all a fad. Both her parents and sister denied the accusation.

She thought she had multiple personality when the illness was brought to mainstream attention.

Seems that this woman has been through everything.

I make no light of any abuse and mental illnesses, but Roseanne's timing to claim she was a victim of all these put doubts on my mind.

I would like to think that people make no false accusations when it comes to serious matter like these. But we're living in a real world where one can do anything for publicity. Singing the National Anthem at a major league game while grabbing your crotch and spitting, anyone?

Rosie. If you are really the victim of all the things you've mentioned, then you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Otherwise, you should come to your senses and set the record straight.

Moreover, people who listen to celeb for advice on who to vote for needs to do more research.

BTW, who are you calling 'a brown man' on your Blog? Are you playing a race card too? Brown man?!? So, he's not dark enough for you to call him 'black'?

Rosie, Rosie, Rosie..... I so loved your "Roseanne" show, but you need to get off the crazy folks train and get a grip on reality though. Otherwise, it's back to the Cuckoo's Nest with you.

Posted by: MW2K | August 21, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Bashing Roseanne is like shooting Woody Allen in a barrel. It doesn't take much thought and to the uneducated, they really seem to deserve it. Going out your way to say she's irrelevent is stupidly hypocritical. I applaud her for taking Brangelina to task. If I thought anyone would listen to me, I'd do the same. What most news media hacks don't get is, this election really does matter, despite their attempt to keep the populace flippant about it. Roseanne has balls and TALENT - Brangelina? Not so much. I hate all you people who bash Roseanne because you think it makes you "cool" or "right" i.e. better than her. Get lives... justifying or sugar-coating your opinion is for lying Republicans. Roseanne is a true Democrat! OBAMA in '08!

Posted by: RealCA | August 21, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

More to the point...what amount of money does Roseanne give to charity? I cannot recall ever hearing her connected with any?

Posted by: A. Hall | August 21, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Roseanne needs the attention and who else to pick but on the most talked-about, popular, charismatic, and generous power couple! Anyone needing to boost their career would do the same. If Angie and Brad have not decided on who they will be voting for, it is their right! Why bring in the innocent children regardless if they are adopted or not!

Posted by: Mitzi | August 21, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

She is angry because Angelina stated she likes McCain and McCain may possibly get her vote. That infuriates Rosanne. Angelina's father is publicly very patriotic with some conservative ideas. That makes him "evil". Talk about hate. Whatever happen to open minded liberals? Free speech? Compassion? All those things supposedly embodied by the left. She and people that espouse such venemous rantings are the real haters and the ultimate hypocrits. Unfortately, she is too blinded by anger, hatred and ignorance to take a thoughtful look at herself. People like Rosanne think if you do not think like them you are wrong, stupid, evil, racist, too religious, etc. Makes you think twice about who the haters are doesn't it!?

PS. I have never heard of one charitable or unselfish thing Rosanne has ever done!

Posted by: mypuppyangels | August 21, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Frankly I think Ms. Barr comes across as absolutely pathetic. What are her humanitarian and charitable efforts? When has she made any move towards trying to improve the lot of those worse off than her? People can say what they will (and where Brangelina is concerned - they do) but the fact of the matter is this couple is admired by many not just for their good looks but for the fact that unlike many in hollywood they are trying to make a difference.
Do they do enough?? Who is Ms Barr to judge? Is there a requirement for those who are wealthy to do more? And if there is perhaps she should step up to the plate instead of spewing vitriol

Posted by: Anonymous | August 21, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Roseann is a washed up, talent-less, whining shrew. She is nauseating and ignorant. Who the hell does she even THINK she is????? I guess anyone can have their own blog, and write whatever garbage they want to- it is America and we have free speech. But, she needs to be mindful of who she attacks and what she says. Mostly becuase she is stupid and has nothing of value to input. And really, who cares what disgusting trash she spews out of her trash mouth anyway. She is repugnant and without a clue. Some of the comments on her blog are absolutely in the gutter. She obviously has no shame whatsoever. I am sure she has a severe mental illness.

Posted by: D. Rodriguez | August 21, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Ms. Barr must harbour a lot of hate, envy and bitterness in her system. I am sorry for her. With all that toxic gas and bile bubbling away she is probably creating a very painful and giant ulcer, dangerously close to eruption. Clearly she never learned that if you can't say anything nice, zip it.

Posted by: elizabeth6 | August 21, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Oprah is a traitor to the cause. Its one thing to vote for "the guy," its one thing to even endorse him (although I think she has caused a racial and gender rift that will stay with the Democrats for a LONG time by doing so), but its entirely unacceptable that she would join the silence as Hillary was taken down through the sexist media. Not ONE show about sexism in the media or sexism in politics over these past crucial months!!! Not one show at a time when the country (and Women-Americans) needed to hear it most! Oprah has made her position clear. She doesn't really care about women, she cares about making money off of them. Just wait...she'll do a show later on...when its safe and she needs to cover her butt!!! Wake up my sisters...you're being used!!!

Posted by: gaypastor | August 21, 2008 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Well, they do have a right to not endorse anyone -- they don't even have to vote if they don't want to. But I find the suggestion that they could even align themselves with Republican policy AT ALL very disconcerting. To that end, I understand what Barr was saying.

Obviously we do care about Brangelina - as much as we deny it - because there are, like, hundreds of comments here. They have so cleverly crafted their "perfect people" brand, it's truly amazing. It's legendary as far as Hollywood PR goes.

Whether Barr is relevant or not, I really like that she spoke out against that brand. They are like any other corporation - why are they above criticism?

Since their kids will consume about 10,000 times more than 10,00 African villages, since they make violent movies, since the number or private jet trips they take in a year is single handedly a major global warming contributor - why not criticize them? I find it weird that people believe they are above that.

Posted by: Jster | August 22, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps they don't donate as much as people think is appropriate for people of emense wealth, but the fact that they do should not be ignored, many of us don't even bother so I say no matter the contribution it is the thought that counts and the amount is measured by those that are greedy. Curious to know what contributions of betterment Ms Barr has bestowed on this wonderful world of ours though... other than her strong opinions

Posted by: Erica | August 22, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

<a href='http://alliednetworkerge.com/newsletter/images/pics/text-1039.html

Posted by: inspirational songs for kids | August 23, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

team angelina and brad, that is all i have to say.

Posted by: nikole | August 24, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

FINALLY someone willing to speak the truth! I agree with Rosanne Barr & applaud her for having the guts to speak out. It's digusting that people worship "Brangelina". After all, they sit and crap on the toilet just like the rest of us.

Posted by: olive oil | August 24, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

skyline gtr [URL=http://desktopgoldfish.com/goldfishblog/wp-content/uploads/2006/elfaenfu.html]skyline gtr[/URL] [url=http://desktopgoldfisr

Posted by: skyline gtr | August 26, 2008 1:11 AM | Report abuse

Roseanne attacks Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and family questioning their altruistic endeavors. She also called their biological children “dunces.” Roseanne even called Brad Pitt “vacuous.” She also stated that neither one of them “gave a crap” about humanity. Having been the Goodwill Ambassador for the UN Refugee Agency or spearheading a charity, Make It Right, that has pledged to rebuild 150 houses in the Lower Ninth Ward flooded by Hurricane Katrina, means nothing.

Roseanne, then Barr, sang, for lack of a better word, the National Anthem on July 25, 1990, at a San Diego Padres/Cincinnati Reds game. It was the single worst performance EVER.

Posted by: slowsoulz | August 26, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse