Posted at 10:50 AM ET, 08/26/2008

Mishmash: Solange's Turn; Catwoman Casting; Caption Results

By Liz Kelly

Solange, Another Knowles Family Fashion Renegade

I'm no music critic, so I wish Solange Knowles every happiness and much success with the release of her solo album, "Sol-Angel and The Hadley St. Dreams." Even if I do fall asleep midway through reading that title and literally spat out my oat bran when I saw her album cover, in which a red-winged Solange strikes a pose in what appears to be Fred Sanford's yard. The only thing worse is this pic from Solange's official Web site. Yellow lipstick? Yeesh. Oh Solange, good thing you've got precedent on your side -- doubtless, you'll follow fellow other sisters Ali Lohan, Hayley Duff and Jamie Lynn Spears on to vast, sibling-eclipsing success.

(AP/Geffen Records)

----

Insta-Poll: Cher As Catwoman?

Rumor has it that Cher is under consideration for taking on the role of Catwoman in the next "Batman" installment (or, as one EW reader terms her -- "Cougarwoman.") Yes, we know -- Eartha Kitt rules and Julie Newmar, Michelle Pfieffer, Halle Berry have all tried their hand (claw?) at this purr-fect villainess in the past. But, with an eye to the future and granting that the Cher rumor is poorly sourced, at best...

---

Creative Captioning Results

Last week, I asked you to come up for the best caption for this adorable pic of two-year-old Suri Cruise having what appears to be a very serious exchange with her dolly.

Despite the controversy over whether or not Suri's painted fingernails were cause for alarm (they weren't), a little backsliding into pony territory and Sasquatch's funny, but ultimately in bad taste offering, the record number of submissions contained these winners:

"You remind me of my daddy...only taller!!" -- Happy Crew

"Doll, you're plastic, emotionless, and hollow. I'm going to call you 'Mommy'." -- Motley Tool

Following the failure of "The Love Guru," Verne Troyer concludes that his professional association with Mike Myers is a career killer and seeks to ingratiate himself with the Cruise family. -- Nick

"Let's do that again! But this time I wanna be the galactic overlord. YOU have to be the feeble pawn." -- Bawlmer

"We live in a cynical world. A cynical world. And we work in a business of tough competitors. I love you. You... complete me." -- Smitty

More than 20 years after inexplicably returning in the inanimate body of a baby doll, L. Ron Hubbard finally manages to make contact with a highly placed member of the Church of Scientology. -- Wasatch Tom

"And then the Thetans come back to Earth to take everyone to the big spaceship in the sky. And they lived happily ever after. The End." Suri reads a bedtime story to her friend. -- clw

By Liz Kelly  | August 26, 2008; 10:50 AM ET
Categories:  Insta-Polls, Miscellaneous
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: New 'Dancing With the Stars' Line-up Announced
Next: Morning Mix: Nicolette Sheridan, Michael Bolton End Engagement

Comments

Liz you forgot to mention Lee Meriwether as another Catwoman, although julie Newmar is my favorite.

Since I picked other for my answer here are the contenders on my short list:

Scarlet Johannson
Kate Beckinsale
Kerri Russel

Posted by: Dorkus | August 26, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

My response to the picture of Solange from the website, and I quote, "AAAAHHHHHHGGGGGHHHH!!! My eyes! Someone poured acid in them!"

Liz, you did an excellent job of culling through the millions of captions, sorting the wheat from the chaff, the gold from the dross, the...you did good. I especially like numbers 1, 2, and 5. Well done, everyone.

Cher at Cougarwoman AKA Catwoman? There are no words. And, once again Lee Meriwether, is left off the list of former "Catwomen". Poor Lee...

Posted by: methinks | August 26, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

durn, dorkus. you're fast.

Posted by: methinks | August 26, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Great minds methinks, great minds...

Also, I forget to mention, this is the first time outside of an Ian Flemming novel that I have seen someone actually name Solange.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 26, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Great minds methinks, great minds...

Posted by: Dorkus | August 26, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I really have no idea who'd make a good Catwoman, pretty much anyone but Cher would I suppose, but, just for the record, the Cat Lady from the Simpsons has a name & it's Edna Abernathy.

Posted by: Bored @ work | August 26, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Great minds methinks, great minds...

Posted by: Dorkus | August 26, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus- Kerri Russel? How could she be expected to keep all that hair inside her cat-cap?

Posted by: Sully | August 26, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Sorry about the triple post

Posted by: Dorkus having techincal difficulties | August 26, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Solange: Who you calling ugly, sucker?

Fred Sanford: I'm calling you ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies.

Posted by: Groovis is channeling Aunt Ester | August 26, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Sully- Kerri could always cut it off into a short, sassy style. I'm sure that would attract millions more viewers to this installment of the movies, just like on that season of Felici- oh, wait never mind.

Posted by: Ra the Funktress | August 26, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Sasquatch was robbed!

You know who would make a good Catwoman?

* Nikki Blonsky - that girl can fight.
* Cloris Leachman - shave her head and she'd be like one of those Mexican hairless cats.
* the 'ladies' from The View - put 'em all in a big burlap sack and let 'em fight their way out - first one out gets the role. Or we could just throw the thing in the river and call it a day.

Posted by: byoolin reminds you to have your actors spayed or neutered. | August 26, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

byoolin was channeling bob barker! i'm scared.

Posted by: methinks | August 26, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Nice Sanford, Groovis.

Posted by: byoolin wonders what that dummy Lamont is up to. | August 26, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

byoolin reminds you to have your actors spayed or neutered.

Would that Charlie Sheen would take your advice.

Posted by: bob barker | August 26, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

That pic of Solange on her website makes her look like a Barbie doll. Not sayin' in a mean way, just in a plastic-perfect way.

I voted for Penelope Cruz because I thought she might be interesting, eh... but I never thought about Angelina (who's right now in the lead) because, let's face it, that would be no different from every other role she's done. "Angie dear, put on the black vinyl suite and stalk around a bit, lovin' it...lovin'it....Now shoot something!"
There - I said it: I think she's a bit of a one-trick pony. Now bring on the hate! ha-HA! (not pony hate, mind you, the how-dare-you-Angelina's-gonna-save-the-world-and-adopt-us-all hate.)

Posted by: rachelt | August 26, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

I vote for Salma Hayeck. Mostly becuase I want to see her in a cat suit. That she's also a good actress is merely a nice bonus.

Someone should tell Solange that a lot of the 70's kinda sorta really sucked.

Posted by: EricS | August 26, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Oh, Groovis, that is my favorite "Sanford and Son" line! I am going to have to use that on an unsuspecting co-worker today. Also on the to-do list: call someone Dummy.

Posted by: Renee | August 26, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Kat von D for Catwoman. ...make that Katwoman!

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | August 26, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Solange, beat Jamie Lynn Spears to the "teenage mother" punch, though she was 18, but just barely, if the math is correct.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin reminds you to have your actors spayed or neutered. |

byoolin, you've done it again and ruined another nice keyboard.

Sasquatch, nice mention in the main story!

Groovis, thanks for the memories. One of my fav's.

"I'm comin' Elizabeth!"

Posted by: hodie, clutches her chest | August 26, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Alternate Catwomen:
Pam Anderson
Tara Reid
Britney Spears
Paris Hilton
Jenna James

Posted by: the Other Hollywood | August 26, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Other Hollywood, I think perhaps you've got your lists confused. Surely the one you provide would be better for the female lead in the remake of "Goldfinger."

Posted by: Wikijen | August 26, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Byool, is it time to start a Celebrity trap-neuter-release program?

Salma Hayeck in a cat suit.....
Salma Hayeck in a cat suit.....
Salma Hayeck in a cat suit.....

[pause to wipe drool off chest]

Owe the felinity!

ScarJo would also be easy on the eyes in a cat suit. Me-Yow!

The one thing in favor of Cher as Catwoman is that there would be no need for glue-on whiskers.

Posted by: Sasquatch bows to the Celebritology Poet Laureate | August 26, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

"Or we could just throw the thing in the river and call it a day."

You mean the place along the river where they found the Lindberg baby?

Posted by: Sasquatch picks up the cue from Byoolin | August 26, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Ew. One can only hope they do not design Cher's catsuit based on her Turn Back Time video look.

Posted by: Sully shudders, tosses her hair, shudders again | August 26, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

The Cat Lady from the Simpsons (Edna Abernathy) would be the biggest threat, as she actually hurls the cats at people. None of the other women listed have that sort of weapon.

Actually, I take that back. Cher's singing can be classified as a WMD.

Posted by: Mark | August 26, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Someone should tell Solange that a lot of the 70's kinda sorta really sucked.

Posted by: EricS | August 26, 2008 11:38 AM

===============
Not musically. Certainly, not considering TV shows, either, witnessed by our love of "Sanford and Son."

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 26, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

You mean the place along the river where they found the Lindberg baby?

Posted by: Sasquatch picks up the cue from Byoolin | August 26, 2008 12:16 PM

*****************************************

So horrible and yet so funny...

Posted by: Dorkus | August 26, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Kat von D for Catwoman. ...make that Katwoman!

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | August 26, 2008 11:50 AM
===================
Just what we need. A Katwoman whose voice is deeper than Batman's and calls everybody "Dude."

But you're on to something here...instead of claws, she has tattoo needles and tattoos all her victims!

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 26, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

But MoCo, wouldn't that make her Tatwoman?

Posted by: Sully asks for forgiveness and for you to please pass the aspirin | August 26, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Two random observations:
Solange is a beautiful name. How in the heck did Mama Knowles come up with Beyonce, and THEN Solange?

Everyone seems to be assuming that Catwoman has to be a sex fiend, and correspondingly sexy. We used to think that the Joker was just a crazy clown, then they turned him into a crazy, scary, nightmare anti-clown, to rave reviews. I don't see why the Catwoman character can't be reinvented, instead of just recycled. To that end, I'd be interested to see what they do with Cher.

And, and because I hate to disappoint, Angie rocks, she can do anything, best catwoman ever, save the world, et cetera and so on.

Posted by: WDC | August 26, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I'll second that: Kat von D would make an interesting Katwoman.

Posted by: rachelt | August 26, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

good job wdc - the love/hate angelina balance has been restored! :)

and TatWoman would be apropos - she would wield a needle instead of whatever it is Catwoman wields.

Posted by: rachelt | August 26, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

The suggestion of Cloris Leachman think Madeline Kahn would have made THE BEST CATWOMAN EVER. You know you are with me on this.

Posted by: Dead Catwoman? | August 26, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Re: Solange: "The goggles! They do nothing!"

Posted by: Bawlmer | August 26, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

I still think we need a cross-dressing Catwoman. Or at least a woman pretending to be a man playing a woman.
Celine Dion?

BTW, to go with "P Thang" I thought of another term for wrestling the taco, which is "P Tango". And then Celine could Ptango with Batman while wearing Lilo's Easy Reach (TM) leggings with the handy velcro (TM) crotch.

Posted by: possum | August 26, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Chloris Leachman? Madeline Kahn? Why not Phyllis Diller while we're at it? (Oh she may be a dead catwoman too).
Ok, being serious. If we really want an oldie but goodie, how 'bout Raquel Welch?
RRRear! Hisssss!

Posted by: hodie | August 26, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

for some weird reason, RuPaul comes to mind as the next Catwoman.....

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Celine Dion as Catwoman, possum? Good god. How about Dane Cook as the Batman?

Posted by: byoolin's valve snaps shut in horror. | August 26, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Celine Dion?

possum, aren't you thinking of Julie Andrews? Or, since you call yourself possum, how about Dame Edna?

Posted by: Nosy Parker | August 26, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Oh, scratch that thought. Barry Humphries isn't a woman.

Posted by: Nosy Parker needs lunch | August 26, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Solange Dudevant was the daughter of George Sand, a French novelist and feminist. Thanks Wikipedia-- I knew I'd heard the name on Masterpiece Theatre!

Posted by: soso | August 26, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Where's the Bai Ling Catwoman love... i mean seriously guys, that would be right up there with Grace Jones in Conan

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | August 26, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

I maintain that Tilda Swinton would be an awesome, unusual Catwoman. I voted for the cat lady, tho.

Posted by: shf | August 26, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Mmmmmmm.....

Scarlett Johannson in a leather catsuit...

Mmmmmmm.....

Posted by: Brutal channels Homer Simpson | August 26, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

how 'bout monica belluci?

Posted by: anonymuss | August 26, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Tilda Swinton!! Oh, I like it. That's got a lot of potential.

Posted by: Bawlmer | August 26, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

What happened to good spanking? All these people giving "time outs" to their kids are gonna be completely taken over by their kids when they become teenagers.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 9:58 AM

Depends on the kid.

My 16-y-o is a delightful young man. I can count on one hand the number of swats he got to his diapered bottom. We used time-outs until he was about 5 or 6. He would still give himself a timeout in 3rd or 4th grade if he was overwhelmed and needed a break to get himself together.

The 11-y-o needed even fewer applications of hand-to-posterior. He's a bit more challenging, still, than his big brother, but he's got those pre-adolescent hormones starting, and his big brother was similarly challenging at the same age.

My sister's kid (15) and my brother's kids (11, 9, and 6) are used to spankings as discipline. They're pretty good kids too, but they're all more aggressive than my kids are.

I don't go around second-guessing other people's discipline of their children. I got really furious with my sister (the one who has no children of her own, just a series of badly-messed-up-step-kids) for pulling that with me and my kid - she was out-of-line for hitting him after he'd turned around and headed back into the house as instructed. I know what works with my kids, and they don't need to be bullied or beaten by any adult. But I don't know what will work, or what won't work with someone else's children, so I'll stay out of it unless I'm asked.

Posted by: Sue | August 26, 2008 2:23 PM

This blog is so full of blowhards.

Posted by: ArmyBrat's wife | August 26, 2008 2:24 PM

Thanks for your response, Stepdaughter. I agree with you and also Emily that it's not so much about a name or a label as it is how we all treat each other--ideally with love and respect even in less-than-ideal situations. That is one thing I count myself particularly blessed in, I truly adore my soon to be stepchildren for the unique little people that they are.

Even with all the crap postings today, it's nice to see some actual give-and-take like this. I'm sure I'll get flamed for just saying that though.

Posted by: Auntie W | August 26, 2008 2:26 PM

"Responding to a tantrum is actually, in everything I have read and heard (mainly from doctors) absolutely the wrong thing to do. Ignoring the kid is the best. yes, sometimes that is not possible, but the kid is trying to get a reaction, so if you ignore them, then it is the best thing."

--I think I speak for 80% of people, but I find it very offensive when I'm shopping say at, Target, and some parent thinks it's best to ignore her screaming 2 year old child while she's continues to cruise up and down an aisle with her crying screaming child following behind her.
Or a father who ignores his daughter's cries for a toy while standing in a check out lane because he doesn't want to lose his space in line.

How the hell is the child suppose to learn not to throw tantrums? Many children have energy like the Energiser Bunny. Even if you walk away or don't react to it, they will keep on crying because they are upset about not getting their way.

Posted by: Soguns1 | August 26, 2008 2:27 PM

He/she needs to get help now too! What is wrong with someone who simply criticizes on what other people write and has nothing to add to the "conversation"?

Posted by: About Anonymous | August 26, 2008 2:32 PM

Time outs NEVER worked for my son. My mother insided upon using them and I swear my son started becoming anti-social. Counting worked some time at least until he was 3 or 4.

But what worked all of the time for me was to let my son know that if he did A that B would happen. I then made sure that if he experienced the B results every time he did A. This was for good and bad things.

By the time he was a teenager, he had many years of knowing that A=B and that if he liked and/or wanted be he would do A.

I feel people use sugar as a scape goat. Many times my son just acted up because he was bored. Children should be out running and playing in unstructured environments as well as using their brains to create playscapes. One of my son's favourite playscape was to play hockey in the olympics. He would imagine our backyard as the olympic arena and he would run around with his hockey stick and a ball, shooting into a bucket to score the gold medal winning goal.

Kids also need far more sleep than what many parents give them these days. Kids act up when they are tired, heck so do adults. Kids need at least 9 or 10 hours of sleep each day. The younger kids need even more.

Bottom line each child is different and like cars your mileage may vary. It is best to keep stiff spine, an open mind and be very very consistent.

Posted by: sierra | August 26, 2008 2:33 PM

How were you people raised? Did you have time outs? How did your parents handle your misbehaviors? Did it work? Why not try tried and true methods?

Neither my brother nor I ever had a time out, nor were we physically punished in any way. We'd get the occasional, "wait til your father gets home" which worked well because we didn't want to disappoint both parents. Perhaps we were inordinately well-behaved children. We had a SAHM who treated us like people, not things; we ate all meals together and had conversation while we did so; we went to the playground together and it was as much fun for our parents as it was for us. Never were we forced to participate in extracurricular activities just because our parents wanted to get us out of their hair for a while or to distract us. And we grew up to be thoughtful, educated, non-smoking, non-drug-using, adults without criminal records.

How many of you spend quality time with your kids, getting to know them?

Posted by: Holy Crap! | August 26, 2008 2:44 PM

How many of you spend quality time with your kids, getting to know them?

Posted by: Holy Crap! | August 26, 2008 2:44 PM

I'm in the same boat! Glad I wasn't alone!

Posted by: WDC 21113 | August 26, 2008 2:46 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

What about Britney or Lilo. Or am I thinking of a new P*ssy Galore.

Posted by: possum | August 26, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

What about Britney or Lilo. Or am I thinking of a new P*ssy Galore.

Posted by: possum | August 26, 2008 2:50 PM

*******************************************

I'm kind of surprised luvlinsey hasn't even suggested Dinah as the new Catwoman.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 26, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, you're right, where on earth has luvlinsey been? In a weird way I kind of miss her.

Posted by: WA | August 26, 2008 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Liz, please remove the OP copy/pastes onto this blog.

Posted by: regular celebritology poster | August 26, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

What about Britney or Lilo. Or am I thinking of a new P*ssy Galore.

Posted by: possum | August 26, 2008 2:50 PM

*******************************************

Posted by: Dorkus | August 26, 2008 2:54 PM

Byoolin is too busy to post under his other handle right now ;)

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps you should find out some facts about our situation before you sit in judgment about how I interact with them.

Posted by: Billie | August 26, 2008 11:17 AM

You get what you pay for when you ask for free advice on the Net.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 11:29 AM

this does not make any sense. please remember to review your text for grammar mistakes before hitting 'submit.'" --grammar police
---------

OH. SHUT. UP. Take your editorial skills to the New York Times and spare us your genius further. Even great editors and writers make mistakes.

And if you're going to continue to correct everyone, capitalize your sentences.

Posted by: td is annoyed by smug people who think they are perfect | August 26, 2008 9:57 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 11:29 AM

Why must everyone pick on me all the time?
Posted by: Nancy | August 26, 2008 11:16 AM

Because you look like a giant nose full of big green boogers

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 11:30 AM

"Spelling and Grammar Police Alert for this
chowder head"

Really? Why don't you break it down for us then since you are so great?

Just a question: why is Grammar Police capped and chowder head isn't? If they are both proper nouns, why is there a difference? Also, can you let us know why alert is capped?

Posted by: please | August 26, 2008 11:31 AM

to all the anon posters on this blog. can you guys help me shut up some of the celeb blog posters who think they're so self important? i'm talking about curmudgeon and sasquatch, each of whom post 40 posts a day on the blog, while acting as a "hall monitor."

thanks in advance.

Posted by: need help | August 26, 2008 11:31 AM

Posted by: Billie | August 26, 2008 11:17 AM

It's obvious that you were really unprepared for marriage and the stepmom role but you went ahead and got married, anyway. And there is the "citizenship" issue. Yes, there is going to be judgment.

Posted by: It's not magic | August 26, 2008 11:41 AM

back to the topic-du-jour: is a time-out punishment a la dennis-the-menace? or is it discipline a les marines? Mayhaps people are referring to a 'timeout' when there are really two different parental options known as timeout?

Posted by: timeout? | August 26, 2008 11:44 AM

Please take your crassness to the celeb blog. they appreciate that type of disgusting humor.

Posted by: for Jeff at 11:34 | August 26, 2008 11:46 AM

You get what you pay for when you ask for free advice on the Net.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 11:29 AM

which is why noone takes your advice of course

Posted by: for nothing, chicks for free | August 26, 2008 11:46 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 26, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

As much as I detest the OP posts over on this side, I enjoyed the "take your crassness to the celeb blog" comment. I like to see that they feel the same way about us.

Are the OP and Celebritology blogs frienemies?

Posted by: Sully | August 26, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Crassness...

We resemble that remark!

I'd like to thank the OP posters for their recognition that we've become 1,000% more awesome than they could ever be. Now please stop posting that cr@p here!

Posted by: Brutal | August 26, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Hey Liz - Catwoman nominees:

Lucy Liu

Asia Argento

Naomi Watts

Posted by: plasticletters | August 26, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Somebody said we need a cross-dressing catwoman and it made me think of Eddie Izzard. I for one would pay the price of admission to see Christian Bale have Eddie-in-drag as his nemesis.

I thought Michelle Pfeiffer was outstanding as the catwoman during the Keaton batman years. If, for some reason, she's not under consideration, then it needs to be an actress that can tap into the dark side.

Posted by: NW DC | August 26, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

New Catwoman?

Well, Mrs. Howe, of course!

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 26, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

How about Sean Young?

Posted by: jus' saying | August 26, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

*chirp* *chirp*

Posted by: crickets | August 26, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

What a bunch of ageists! Who says that Catwoman has to be young? I mean, super heroes have to age, too, don't they?

What about:

Jane Fonda
Diana Rigg

Posted by: CJB | August 26, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Are the OP and Celebritology blogs frienemies?

Posted by: Sully | August 26, 2008 3:18 PM

***************************************

You know Sully, I don't think we ever really had anything against the OP blog. The now defunct On Balance blog is another thing. We did occasionally mock some of what they said but the people from OP we have gotten to know have all been pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure the Opers know we aren't messing with their blog. they suffer from the same troll that we suffer from.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 26, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Dame Diana Rigg has aged naturally, which automatically eliminates her from consideration by Hollywood-type casting.

I still think Cher would be boffo. The Catwoman mask would hide her done and re-done face pretty well, so she should work out just fine.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 26, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

You know who would be a GREAT Catwoman-Diane Keaton!!!!

Posted by: Dorkus | August 26, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus?

You are sooooo bad.

hahahahahahahaha

Posted by: Mudge | August 26, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Don't you wonder who amuses themselves by cutting and pasting blog entries into blogs ALL DAY? I just find the whole thing pathetic and hope that it ends when school starts.

And I thought, dare I say his name since the election is coming up, Che, was bad

Posted by: Betty's got lots of stuff to do to amuse herself... | August 26, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

helen mirren for the win

Posted by: the next cougarwoman | August 26, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Hmm...I think all of the cross-posting and nick-naming has gotten me all confused. I don't know who's who and who belongs where anymore.

Posted by: Sully | August 26, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

What in the world has happened to the blogs?

I feel like I have entered crazy land. Oh and the Solange picture is weird.

Posted by: Irishgirl | August 26, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Others as Catwoman

Ellen Page
Amanda Peet
Amy Adams
Marisa Tomei
Rosario Dawson
Uma Thurman

Just throwing them into the mix.

Posted by: jshipp | August 26, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Meryl Streep ala Devil wears Prada

Posted by: old cougar for catwoman | August 26, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

For anyone who watched Project Runway last week, I think you all know the answer to who should be the next Catwoman:

Varla Jean Merman. Google her. Thank me later.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 26, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Eddie Izzard. Hmmmmmmm... Brilliant!

Posted by: Fruitfly | August 26, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Varla Jean Merman. What a pedigree. What a great recommendation, Snarky.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 26, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Varla Jean Merman. What a pedigree. What a great recommendation, Snarky.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 26, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Varla Jean?

If we can't get Cher, get Varla Jean.

She even has cat eyes.

woo

Posted by: Curmudgeon is impressed with this ingenue | August 26, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

I like the suggestions for Catwoman, especially some of the more offbeat ones like Tilda Swinton and Bai Ling.

Dorkus, I know you're just baiting Liz K with your Diane Keaton pick. But better watch out; she has ways of getting even.

Catwoman Contenders:
--Famke Janssen
--Michelle Yeoh
--Tia Carrere
--Vera Jordanova (Hostel 2)
--Shannyn Sossamon (A Knight's Tale, Moonlight (she played Coraline))

Posted by: alex | August 26, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Varla Jean is INSPIRED. But only if she wears the pink sailor outfit that Joe made her. Meow.

Posted by: td did catch that episode of project runway | August 26, 2008 10:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td did catch that episode of project runway | August 26, 2008 10:05 PM | Report abuse

I gave this far too much thought after seeing TDK, and finally came up with Charlize Theron - she has the acting chops (and the Oscar) to equal the rest of the stellar cast, she'd look great in whatever costume they throw at her, and she fits the role better than Angelina - a little more innocent, I guess? Or rather, it's more easily ambiguous whether she's innocent or not.

Posted by: Sucilaria | August 27, 2008 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Egads, I can't get to today's comment section!!! I have so much to snark on, why is life not fair!!!

Owe the humanity!