Posted at 8:32 AM ET, 08/ 7/2008

Morning Mix: Feds Close Ledger Investigation

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Feds drop investigation into Heath Ledger's death... Nicole Kidman asks paps to leave baby Sunday Rose alone... Paris Hilton memorized monologue in spoof campaign ad... Usher rehires manager mom... Tyra Banks poses as Michelle Obama in magazine photo shoot... Selma Blair wants to drop acid to boost her self-esteem... Mark Wahlberg makes cameo appearance on new season of "Entourage"... Hollwood madam accidentally reveals high-profile client list... Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lange enters rehab.

Crime Watch: Body found at New York club following Lil' Kim birthday bash.

Rumor Mill: Morgan Freeman and wife split, says business partner... Katie Holmes sporting a baby bump? (or did she just eat a cracker?)... No amputation for Shia LaBeouf... Does $2K a day minder keep Lindsay Lohan sober?... Friends say Sienna Miller didn't break up Balthazar Getty's marriage... Benicio Del Toro and Catherine Keener dating?

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's 60-minute gossip fest, aka Celebritology Live.

---

Gallery: The Evolution of Miley
For better or worse, it's been a big year for teenager Miley Cyrus. From the top of the charts to the pages of Vanity Fair, take a pictorial look at the young "Hannah Montana" star's triumphs and missteps.

By Liz Kelly  | August 7, 2008; 8:32 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Daily Mix: Britney To Play Killer Stripper?
Next: Highbrow: Monitoring the Paris-Britney Ad Fallout

Comments

Dropping acid boosts self-esteem? I thought it made your hands melt. The one guy I ever saw on acid tried jumping out a third-story window (and failed) then was busy working on climbing a cinderblock wall when the paramedics arrived.

Posted by: 23112 | August 7, 2008 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Selma Blair says:
"But if I was in the right frame of mind, in a pleasant, creative, chilled-out space, with just the right amount delivered by an Amsterdam technician, that would be incredible."

and sunnydaze says:
OR, the walls could melt and monsters could follow you around and the furniture or shrubbery or whatever could be out to get you or you might decide that you really don't like and don't need that toe/finger/eye etc.

Don't get me wrong, I spent some time during the college years following the Greatful Dead and I never saw anyone try to jump from a balcony, but I did see plenty of bad trips and very little "boosted self esteem."

Posted by: sunnydaze | August 7, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Hot pix alert. Look at these pix from National Undies day up in nyc. You'd think they'd be NSFW, but they are completely SFW.

Posted by: Big G | August 7, 2008 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Liz, thaynk u for finaly puting sum positive newz artcles about linsey on this blog. linsey is an excelent girl and a futur oscar winer.

Posted by: luvlinsey | August 7, 2008 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Selma, you don't need drugs to feel good about yourself. I've always thought you looked good.

Shia, you know losing a finger isn't so bad, James Doohan never had much of a problem being digitally challenged.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Just a pet peeve of mine regarding proofreading, but in the Heath Ledger article they AP writer wrote the Ledger's last film was 'The Dark NIGHT'. Is it too much to ask that they manage to get the name right of the biggest movie of the year?

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Big G | August 7, 2008 8:46 AM

who is lydia hearst????

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 9:07 AM | Report abuse

What the heck is Tyra doing - trying to make Michelle Obama look "fierce?" What's next - Kate Moss as Cindy McCain?

Owe the humanity!

Posted by: Groovis is disgusted with Tyra's constant self-promotion | August 7, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Darn - 30 years too late for me - Selma Blair has come up with the perfect line:

"You know, Mom, smoking a little weed really helps boost my self-esteem..."

Posted by: Groovis remembers being grounded for a really long time...... | August 7, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Katie Holmes' baby bump?

Guess the sci-toly nuns keep a big old Buick parked out behind the Center.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 7, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Man Lil' Kim is sure putting a literal meaning on killer party.

I'm impressed Paris could memorize 2 minutes of dialogue. I'd of thought she was hard pressed to memorize her name.

luvlinsey, does 'future oscar winer' mean LiLo will be lamenting her lack of nominations or does it mean she'll be drowning her sorrows over her lack of nominations?

Posted by: jes | August 7, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

ugh, that should be I'd have thought...

Posted by: jes | August 7, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Busted hand or missing pinky, Shia LaBeouf is look like my husband and that makes Shia hot.

Friends of Sienna Millers Said “She not a home wrecker. She’s a skank. Two totally separate things.”

Posted by: Lisa1 | August 7, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

If Selma wants to boost her self esteem, she should do coke instead of acid. That's the drug that really makes you feel good about yourself.

Posted by: Ebeth | August 7, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Who is on that madam's list? What is this, the CIA? Give us names!!

Agreed, Liz; Katie Holmes looks less pregnant and more like she's had some solid food in the last 48 hours. I like it; it's a good look on her.

Re: Shia LaBeouf: I wonder how you differentiate "drunk" from "in shock due to a mangled hand". (Actually not trying to be snarky here, just thinking aloud. Did they breathalyze him?)

Posted by: Bawlmer | August 7, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

um, Dorkus, maybe you should take your own advice:

"but in the Heath Ledger article they AP writer wrote the Ledger's last film was 'The Dark NIGHT' "... don't you mean THE AP writer? and THAT Ledger's last film...?

You = pot. AP = kettle.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

"Shia LaBeouf is look like my husband and that makes Shia hot."

Posted by: Lisa1 | August 7, 2008 9:31 AM

that makes NO sense at all. please use grammar/spell check when posting.

that is all.

Posted by: grammar police | August 7, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Yes, Anon, there was a typo in my comment (the Universe is not without a sense of humor), but I don't make my living as a reporter where part of my job is to accurately write about a topic. Probably, had I not been watching Olympic Soccer I would have caught my mistakes.

By the way the US Men's soccer team is #1 in Group B. Go USA!

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ebeth | August 7, 2008 9:31 AM

Dont you think its inappropriate for you to be recommending certain illicit narcotics? Children may be viewing this.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Oh, great, the freakin' trolls are back. Couldn't the IT dept have gotten rid them as part of the maintenance?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

To all the children viewing this, this is a message from your Uncle Dorkus: kids, don't buy drugs.

Become a rock star and they give them for free!

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

grammar police please shut up!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Similar to Dorkus, I couldn't help noticing such glaring errors in the NY Post story about Sienna Miller where they called her "gorggeous" and the E! Online story where they said that Shia LaBeouf was not "endanger" of having his finger amputated. GAH! Proofreading really isn't that hard, people.

Posted by: surlychick | August 7, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

hmmm, if children are reading this I would say they are the product of bad parenting.

Great advice Dorkus!

Posted by: jes | August 7, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Maybe the Grammar Trolls can contact the Washington Post about freelancing as copyeditors.

Posted by: M Street | August 7, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Feds drop investigation... that would have never happened when Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. was there.

Of course Paris memorized her monologue. It's not like she can *read* all of a sudden. (But, seriously, I kid. Paris, you're great. I love you, babe.)

Usher rehires manager mom? Damn, I was on the shortlist for that. Just goes to show, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Karaoke Note to Selma Blair: Timothy Leary's dead. (No, no no no, he's outside, looking in.)

Memo to those on Hollywood madam's high-profile client list: Ha-HAA.

Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lange enters rehab.

Dream casting: Morgan Freeman and Shia LaBeouf in the sequel to "Death Race."

luvlinsey would keep Lindsay Lohan sober just for the pleasure of basking in her aura.

Posted by: byoolin | August 7, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

grammar police please shut up!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 10:04 AM

I'm sure you probably grill burgers at McDonalds. Go ahead and continue to pretend that you're some rich blowhard. We all know the truth.

Posted by: grammar police | August 7, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Please either snark on celebs or go away. I am sure there are plenty of grammer websites you can surf. No one here gives a rats patootie about the grammer of the postings.

That is all.

Posted by: to grammer police | August 7, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

So Liz, just what exactly did the software updates accomplish? There doesn't seem to be any difference on this end of the blog. Just curious.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Grammar police, it's not that hard to earn 10 times more than an English teacher.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Wow - judging by the tone of the comments, it sounds like our grammar policeperson hails from P.G. County.

Posted by: Groovis | August 7, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

a friendly reminder to grammar police, and anons 9:57 and 9:50:

Snark on celebs, not each other, please. It makes the day much brighter, the flowers more colorful and reduces greenhouse gases by 15 percent.*

*Opinions expressed in the above post are those of the troll police and not wapo"

Posted by: troll police | August 7, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Dream casting: Morgan Freeman and Shia LaBeouf in the sequel to "Death Race."
Posted by: byoolin

Can we get a zombie James Dean in on it? I bet he'd own the track.

Posted by: Bawlmer wonders: "Too soon"? | August 7, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

To my fellow celebritologists

I’m sorry for the errors in my post. I was on my way to meeting and had to type very fast.

To grammar police

Kiss my a@#!

Enjoy your day.

Posted by: Lisa1 | August 7, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Become a rock star and they give them for free!

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 10:00 AM

If you start singing "Christmas is All Around," I'll be forced to use stabby objects.

Paris' energy spiel during the commercial kinda sorta blew me away. She almost sounded like she knew what she was talking about. The fact that it only took four takes impresses me further.

I wonder how "accidental" the release of that client list was. I can't access the story from work, so I'm just going by the headline...

Posted by: Em | August 7, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, Em, I promise no singing.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Advice for Katie:

1.Stop allowing Tom to dress you, using scary box in basement from 1982 (see stripey-hangy shirt).
2. Bras are very useful undergarments that keep your boobs from hanging around your waistband.
3. If Tom puts on fairy wings, tutu, and starts dancing around with turkey baster, lock self in closet.

Posted by: possum | August 7, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Dream casting: Morgan Freeman and Shia LaBeouf in the sequel to "Death Race."
Posted by: byoolin

Not the Death Race sequel. No, it was going to be a joint casting in "Transformers 2: Sam Almighty"....

OK, so you had to watch the movie to get that one. Sorry, I'm feeling a bit nerdish today....

Posted by: Anonynonandon | August 7, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Who knew that all it took to stop the feds was an Olsen twin standing up to them. Those sticks can't stand up to a strong breeze, but it turns out they are Joseph Welch.

Posted by: ep | August 7, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

In my defense, the point of my post was that no one is immune to grammatical errors and typos so keep those comments to yourself... or go find a grammar blog to air your frustrations. Or, better yet, go edit the meanie moms blog, they love anything with snark.

Posted by: anon at 9:50 | August 7, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I guess the Hellboy millions aren't quite doing it anymore for Selma.

Posted by: EricS | August 7, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

The perfect beach accessory for your inflatable companions:

Blow-up church looks to lure beachgoers
Reuters Aug 6, 2008

ROME - Catholic nuns and priests in Italy are following their flocks to the beach this summer, establishing an inflatable church and a beach-convent in the sands to lure sunbathers.

The 30-metre (98 ft) long blow-up church -- staffed by priests ready to take confession -- will debut on Saturday on the Adriatic coast in the Molise region, an organizer said.

"There will be four or five people singing, with music about God," said Chiara Facci with Catholic group Sentinelli del Mattino. Night time activities, which will not include Mass, will run from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.

The first attempt to inaugurate the inflatable church last month on the holiday island of Sardinia failed after strong winds forced organizers to relocate, she said.

Big cities like Rome and Milan empty in August, when Italians head to the beach for summer holidays, leaving streets empty and many businesses closed. Churches are hardly immune, and also see their congregations thin.

On the Mediterranean coast, nuns from a convent near the southern Italian city of Naples have relocated to beach cabins to join holidaymakers saying the rosary. An adjoining altar was set up under two tents.

"The concept of a beach-convent is something that is appreciated by vacationers and the nuns themselves," priest Antonio Rungi, who helped spearheaded the initiative, told Italian news agency ANSA.

Posted by: Sasquatch sings Hosanna in excelsis while waiting at the air pump | August 7, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Big G | August 7, 2008 8:46 AM

Mama Mia!

Posted by: juju | August 7, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

You mean to say that somewhere there is a grammar blog? And I've been wasting my time snarking on celebrities?

Ow! The grammanity!

Posted by: B'More Cat and Grammar Lover | August 7, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

I cannot believe that Paris Hilton having the ability to memorize lines is a headline.....like people are actually impressed she didn't need cue cards. I bet she bragged about it to everyone too. You could find more character in a horse's butt. If she's pretending to be that vapid, that's even worse.

Posted by: lins | August 7, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Sasquatch - the new Communion at "beach church" could consist of french fries dipped in vinegar.....

Posted by: Groovis | August 7, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Pomme frites in vinegar as beach communion...I like that. What about a NY slice? What would we do for communion wine? And where would salt water taffy fit into the services?

The sound track to the Mass at the inflatable church could be Van Morrison singling G-L-O-R-I-A in excelsis Deo!

Posted by: Sasquatch needs to stop thinking about the inflatable church | August 7, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

When we were planning our wedding, we seriously considered an inflatable church (well, I did, anyway).

Posted by: surlychick | August 7, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

grammar police please shut up!
Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 10:04 AM

Where do you work that you make 500k a year and don't need to use good grammar? I must seriously be in the wrong profession.

Posted by: Anonymous English Teacher | August 7, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Inflatable church! If the baptismal font is a dunk tank, I'm there.

Posted by: Bawlmer | August 7, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

mmmmmmmmmmmmfrench fries. ("Pomme frites," is a little pretentious, n'est-ce-pas?)

What you really want, though, is a large order of poutine from Le P'tit Riv chip stand in Sturgeon Falls, Ontario.

As for the Eglise de la Plage, however, let's not even think about blowing up a church...

Posted by: byoolin | August 7, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

The beach church thing reminds me of the Jimmy Buffet song - "My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink and I Don't Love Jesus."

Posted by: Groovis would rather be in beach church right now...... | August 7, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

grammar police please shut up!
Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 10:04 AM

Posted by: Anonymous English Teacher | August 7, 2008 11:41 AM

Dont feel bad Anon English Teacher. Anon at 10:04 is probably some loser who works at a fast food joint flipping burgers.

Posted by: Big G | August 7, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Byool, is the poutine served by that famous politico, Prime Minister Poutine?

Or would it be Russian Prime Minister Putin?

If the inflatable church was in Vegas, would the priest be an inflatable Elvis?

Posted by: Sasquatch has GOT to stop thinking about that inflatable church...and poutine | August 7, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Bawlmer, don't forget about that classic tune from the Austin Lunge Lizards:

"Jesus Love Me But He Can't Stand You"

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 7, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

"grammar police please shut up!
I earn 10 times more a year then any English teacher and I don't give a crap about my grammar."

Uhhh, George, I hear that the PRC ain't too happy with what you said in Thailand.

Posted by: Celebritology welcomes George W. Bush | August 7, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Big G | August 7, 2008 11:51 AM

*****************

Yeah - and I'll bet he lives in a pineapple under the sea

Posted by: Absorbant and yellow and porous is he | August 7, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

I. Can't. Help. It.

...More money THAN an English teacher....THAN

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry.

Ok, I feel better. Ponies.

Posted by: Sigh | August 7, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

LOL, Sigh! :-)

If someone's paying someone $2K per day to keep LiLo sober, they should probably be fired, as nearly every photo of her shows her with a drink in her hand.

Wonder how many "models" (ahem) are really prostitutes. Interesting.

Sienna Miller didn't break up that guy's marriage. Oh. Okay. Sure.

Posted by: Californian | August 7, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Sienna Miller didn't break up that guy's marriage. Oh. Okay. Sure.

Posted by: Californian | August 7, 2008 12:25 PM

No guy can have his marriage broken-up if he isn't equally culpable.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

That guy who makes way more than an English teacher is probably the one who is paid to keep LiLo sober.

'waaaaank'

(that's the sound of the buzzer disqualifying "Anonymous" at 10:04)

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 7, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

I don't like Sienna Miller. I think she is a no-talent skank. However, she is not the person in that relationship who vowed to honor, love, stay married to someone else.

Just trying to bring it back to Celebritology.

Posted by: B'More Cat Lover but Adultery Hater | August 7, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Blow-up churches are the next big idea in sex toys . . .

bwahahahaha

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 7, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

By the way, did anyone check out the Miley Cyrus gallery. There's a pic of her and her mom, and I can't tell which one is the teenage daughter.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Blow-up churches are the next big idea in sex toys . . .

bwahahahaha

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 7, 2008 12:35 PM

======================================

Go ahead, Lizards, finish the thought.

Posted by: Curmudgeon throws down the holy gauntlet | August 7, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Blow-up churches are the next big idea in sex toys . . .

bwahahahaha

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 7, 2008 12:35 PM

**************************************

Only if filled with blow-up Catholic school girls.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Blow-up churches are the next big idea in sex toys . . .

bwahahahaha

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 7, 2008 12:35 PM

**************************************

...but will soon be eclipsed by edible Mormon undergarments (comes only in vanilla flavor).

Posted by: Bawlmer is waiting for the lighning to strike. | August 7, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

("Pomme frites," is a little pretentious, n'est-ce-pas?)

Posted by: byoolin | August 7, 2008 11:44 AM

Yeah, but you know what they say byoolin. An ounce of pretention is worth a pound of celinedion.

Posted by: jes is cringing even as she type this | August 7, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Why all the hate on people who flip burgers? It's not like they're cooking up some acid for Selma Blair.

People who flip burgers are honest people who work an honest wage -- you know, as opposed to, say, many U.S. teens, who can't be bothered to work at all because fast-food jobs are somehow beneath them.

Stop dissing people who work an honest day for an honest wage. There is nothing to criticize here.

Posted by: you can call me ronald mcdonald | August 7, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Hahahahahah.

Meet me in Sturgeon Falls and I'll pay for the poutine and Pepsi.

Posted by: byoolin | August 7, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

ooh, poutine! Such deliciousness.

Posted by: surlychick | August 7, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

mmmmmmmmmmmcheese curds........

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

PEOPLE PEOPLE!

If you're gonna get all worked up, get worked up over this:

There are new Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost for those non-Losties) pics at Dlisted!

Granted, he looks like the offspring of Pebble Flintstone & Kid Rock but still, JOSH HOLLOWAY!!

As for the poster who asked about Lydia Hearst, she's Patty Hearst's daughter. Yes, THAT Patty Hearst.

Posted by: Bored @ work | August 7, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

When burger flippers get an honest wage blow-up churches everywhere will explode.

Posted by: Curmudgeon prophesys | August 7, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Edible Mormon undergarments!! Classic, most excellent Bawlmer.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

I hope whoever left the body at Lil Kim's birthday party at least left a card with it so she knows who to thank.

Posted by: epony | August 7, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Big G | August 7, 2008 8:46 AM

no thanks. gimme some italian soccer players instead. mmmkay?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: epony | August 7, 2008 1:22 PM

****

Posted by: byoolin | August 7, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

epony, just be glad I wasn't drinking at the time or else you would have gotten an angry phone call from my IT department.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 7, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

RE: "epony wins comment of the day. (We would also have accepted, "What do you get for the rapper who has everything?")"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Agreed.

That comment was spit-a-lishous.

(The edible Mormon underware comes in not far behind (ooops - erase your mind) but sadly has to be overlooked because political correctness considerations.)

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 7, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Is everyone hiding out over here? I just read through the comments on the celebripolitico page, aka Highbrow, and I am a little bit afraid for the future.

Posted by: sunnydaze | August 7, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Me, too, sunnydaze. We seem to have a full-scale BKD in effect over on the Highbrow post. They've got considerably better grammar than the TTTs, but some of them aren't any more comprehensible. Besides, there are few things in this world less amusing than insistently earnest political wackadoos. My personal plan is to let them fight it out amongst themselves.

Posted by: Wikijen | August 7, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

whats a BKD?

Posted by: ? | August 7, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

To ?

BKD=Booby Kennedy Day!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I think that we have the top two comments of the week from epony and Bawlmer. Perhaps we could combine them to have a body wearing edible Morman underwear found at L'il Kim's party.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 7, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

That's MorMON, dammit!

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 7, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Lizards,

Did you all notice that since the software upgrade we are all making typos and using poor grammar?

Maybe the software needs a patch.

Also, I agree Sas - those two comments are for the ages. (glad you snuck back)

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 7, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

That's MorMON, dammit!

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 7, 2008 3:07 PM

Just be glad you didn't forget the second m.

Posted by: spelling police | August 7, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else notice the similarity between Britney Spears' movie "Crossroads" about three girls on a roadtrip and her potentially playing a part in the remake of "Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill" about three strippers on a road trip, albeit with a lot more killing, and mayhem? A good friend of mine just pointed this out to me. Maybe Quentin Tarantino is not remaking "Faster Pussycat, kill, kill" but actually remaking "Crossroads" in his own sick twisted way.

Posted by: That Guy | August 7, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

"Just be glad you didn't forget the second m."

If I did, I'd be writing about myself. That would be egotesticle. And stoopid, two.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 7, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Hi Liz,

Well, I guess that must mean that I'm our of a job. Who needs a body image/self esteem expert for girls when Selma Blair has the cure? Why didn't I think of telling girls to take acid all these years?

Of course, Selma's hands, which she claims is the only part of her body she likes, would look like big oven mitts when she took the acid, but with the inflated ego that goes with LSD, she might just think that's the best thing ever!

Celebrities can say the dumbest things.

Talk to you soon-

Dr. Robyn

Posted by: Dr. Robyn Silverman | August 7, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

i think you guyz r crazy for loving paris so much. she is a horible and meaan person. linsey is a nicce and decent person, who is doewn to earth and everythyng. andcreson cooper is a horible mean person too.

Posted by: luvlinsey | August 7, 2008 4:03 PM | Report abuse

luvlinsey, stop trying bash my girl Paris. At least she is not a no-good backstabbing boyfriend stealer. I have one word for PAris, Hot.

Posted by: luvParis | August 7, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Whoa, whoa, whoa luvlinsey. I pretty much tolerate you, but you done gone and messd with my Anderson. Anderson Cooper has more integrity in is precious little pinky than the entire Lohan clan.

Geigh or not, Anderson Cooper is HAWT (taken from Liz's chat)

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, guys 4:09 was me. I've not posted in so long I forgot how to do it.

Posted by: jake e. poo | August 7, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: luvParis | August 7, 2008 4:07 PM

Geigh or not, Anderson Cooper is HAWT (taken from Liz's chat)

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 4:09 PM

u 2 r just rong and rude at the saayme time. linsey rulez and so does dina and alli. paris is a nobody who jus makes dirtey movies and anderson is boring who reads newz all day. ask any1 and they like linsey better.

Posted by: luvlinsey | August 7, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

I wood lick 2 hav both paris and linsey in a menagerie a twois. dina can come 2. anderson cooper is not my typo.

Posted by: any1 | August 7, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I was going to snark that Selma Blair's head is really large compared to her body, which somehow led me to remember the discussion awhile back of "fiveheads".

You know who else has a fivehead besides Christina Ricci (who I like, BTW)? Nicole Richie. She has a fivehead and she looks like a bug.

Ah, I feel better. Ponies.

Posted by: Californian | August 7, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

jake e. poo, Anderson Cooper is the anchor of both your heart and mine. I just love the fact that he said what we were all thinking. (The bit on Regis and Kelly is a hoot to watch- you can see Kelly desperately trying to cover up the red hot truth Anderson's serving up, and he's just not having any of it.)

Kelly: "They’re obviously a multi-talented family...the kids sing, and they perform..."
Anderson: (shrugs, folds arms) "Maybe that was in the episode I didn’t see."

Like I said. Anchor of my heart.

Posted by: Bawlmer | August 7, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

anderson cooper is not my typo.
Posted by: any1 | August 7, 2008 4:28 PM

See!?!? This is why BKDs are fun!
Anderson Cooper is not my typo either!

Posted by: sunnydaze | August 7, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

I think the diss was a burger flipper who pretends to make 500K...not a burger flipper trying to support a family.

Posted by: Sigh | August 7, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Or maybe, more correctly, I am not Anderson Cooper's typo.

Posted by: sunnydaze, having considered a moment | August 7, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Bruce Ivins' motivation for mailing lethal anthrax to Senator Leahy's and Daschle's offices may have been that they were Catholics who voted pro-choice.

Interesting moral compass.

Posted by: breaking news | August 7, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: breaking news | August 7, 2008 4:43 PM

I am pretty sure this is NOT celebrity news. Be gone with you.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 7, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, breaking news, you're on the wrong thread.

Posted by: Mudge | August 7, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Andersin Copper is my typo.

Posted by: epony | August 7, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

From byoolin:

******

There are benefits to reading the posts late in the day. Now I'm only stuck with the Moody Blues song looping thru my head for half the day, rather than a full workday. Thanks, byoolin!

(This is when I have to resort to my trick of thinking about that "zoom, zoom, zoom" car commercial to break the loop. But, then I'm stuck with the zoom. . .)

Posted by: alex | August 7, 2008 6:02 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Alex. Now I'm stuck with the zoom.... I'll have to dig up an episode of Monk, to get rid of the zoom, but then I'll have that jungle out there.

Posted by: jsk | August 7, 2008 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Darn you, jsk. Now Randy Newman's in my head!

Posted by: alex | August 7, 2008 7:53 PM | Report abuse

I saw that Mr. Blackwell has been hospitalized. Two mean comments. 1) The WaPo photo with the above article shows Mr. B's *dog* wearing an absurd outfit. Just where does he get off criticizing people's attire when he dresses his pooch in such a fashion fur pas? 2) When Mr. B dies, do you suppose they'll lay him out in his coffin wearing some hideous Liberace outfit out of spite?

Posted by: alex knows no one is still around to read these musings | August 7, 2008 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Alex, you're wrong about no-one being around. And I hope you're right about Mr. Blackwell's attire for his trip into The Great Beyond.

Posted by: byoolin | August 7, 2008 10:14 PM | Report abuse