Posted at 7:44 AM ET, 08/22/2008

Morning Mix: Gwen Stefani Gives Birth to Son Zuma Nesta Rock

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Gwen Stefani gives birth to second son, Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale... Jerry Seinfeld to appear in Microsoft ads... Miley Cyrus selling $250 tickets to her sweet 16 party... Young Jeezy says Michael Phelps is the "Young Jeezy of the swim world"... Jessica Simpson says she's sure Tony Romo doesn't still call Carrie Underwood... Family portrait: The Willis/Moore clan... Ad campaign for Katie Holmes's Broadway debut kicks off... Valerie Bertinelli to star in TBS sitcom... Spice Girl Mel C expecting first child... French actor Jean Reno released from Martinique hospital... Freed rocker Gary Glitter returns to Britain.

Crime Watch: Tila Tequila's girlfriend cited for striking Vegas hotel guard... Vandals spray paint derogatory term on wall of Sienna Miller's London home.

Rumor Mill: Justin Timberlake's rep denies Britney Spears duet... Spears's hairdresser says he's prepping "performance hair" for VMAs... Eva Longoria targeted by baby bump speculators... Joe Jonas and Taylor Swift dating?... Katherine Heigl, litterbug... Johnny Depp to perform Florida club dates with old band.

Well Said
"I prefer comfortable, simple clothes. I don't want to wear something that makes me feel tortured, overexposed or uptight." -- Uma Thurman, in the latest issue of InStyle magazine

By Liz Kelly  | August 22, 2008; 7:44 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: David Hasselhoff: Social Networking Pioneer
Next: Terrence Howard, Music Man

Comments

Maybe Miley can work with Katherine Heigl on greening up her act.

On a personal note, tossing butts is a HUGE pet-peeve of mine. I didn't need anymore reasons to dislike this woman, but now I think I loathe her.

Posted by: Mz Fitz | August 22, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Seriously, Gwen?

I'm glad Jean Reno's ok! He's one of my faves.

And I've felt the same way about Sienna Miller for a while.

Posted by: Em | August 22, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

So, Gwen and Gav went with another Jamaican inspired name, I see. Nesta = Bob Marley's given name. What's the deal with them and Jamaica? And Zuma? I guess they were feeling left out of the ridiculous celebrity baby names list.

Posted by: anonforever | August 22, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

FIRRST
FIRRST
FIRRST!

u guyz better not make fun of linsey or dina or ali today! they are futur oscar and grammi winners and u guyz r just jelus!

Posted by: luvlinsey | August 22, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Wherever have you been?

Posted by: luvluvlinsey | August 22, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

i've beein verry buzy lately so i culdnt post. but i'm back now, and i'm going to b like the watchkeeepr for my bff linsey adn my second mom dina and mayke sure no 1 says meaan stuff bout them.

Posted by: luvlinsey | August 22, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

I thought this handle is better than "anonymous". I prefer Ms. Thurman to be in overexposed clothes, but whatever.

Posted by: Young Jeezy of the Celebritology world | August 22, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

I really HATE snarking on kids, but:

those Moore-Willis girls are sure funny looking.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 22, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Jerry Seinfeld's Microsoft ad: "'Control-Alt-Delete?' What the hell is that? Why can't they make a computer that you can turn off with one button?"

Jessica Simpson says she's sure Tony Romo doesn't still call Carrie Underwood. She's been paying Anthony Pellicano big bucks to make sure.

Ordinarily, Sienna Miller wouldn't be ticked about the graffiti, but it's on the wall above her bed...

"Baby bump speculators"? Great... now the price of baby bumps is going to be out of reach for the average investor.

Katherine Heigl had to "had to sweet-talk her way out of a ticket." Later she withdrew her name from contention for the Police Benevolent Association's 'Celeb of the Year' award.

Posted by: byoolin | August 22, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Ok, some one has to say it so you can actually groan rather than sniffle it.

All that glitters is not gold, Gary!

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 22, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I had to make a pot of coffee just so I could re-read esterday's MM headline: "Ricky Martin Welcomes Twin Boys", do a spit-take, and say, "I'll bet he does!"

Posted by: byoolin nudge-nudges. | August 22, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Hey, byoolin's back!

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Gary Glitter wants to know where he score one of those Miley Cyrus Sweet 16 party tickets....

Posted by: M Street | August 22, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Young Jeezy of the Celebritology world | August 22, 2008 9:03 AM

Posted by: Sully gives a standing ovation for the tagline. | August 22, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

You know, Kingston was kind of a cool name. But Zuma? Can't get behind it Gwen. My husband can't either, and you're one of his favorite, favorite, favorite famous chicks.

Curmdugeon: I'm with ya. I think it's that Bruce Willis has a very masculine face (unlike, say, some men who are more "pretty" than "handsome"), and Demi Moore has a beautiful feminine face. Their genetics aren't blending well. But the girls are basically groomed, clean, and not flashing private parts, so I'm still gonna give props to Bruce and Demi for raising their girls well. It was nice to see how they all came out as a family, actually.

Heigl? Book her, just on principle.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | August 22, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale...this is a joke, right?

Posted by: jake e. poo | August 22, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Hmmm...my first comments of the day never posted, very odd. So let's try again...

The Willis/Moore clan creeps me out. It's as though everyone met at back to school night.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

I like Zuma Nesta Rock, it seems to work for them. And while in England they could just give the kid the nickname Zed, although that might doom him to become an evil supervillian later on in life.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Breaking News:

Gary Glitter has told the IOC that he will personally travel to China to investigate the actual ages of the Chinese gymnastics team.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Hey, byoolin's back!

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 9:35 AM

And so is luvlinsey...Interesting!

Posted by: Hmmm... | August 22, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Zuma Nesta Rock. Wow. Doesn't even sound
like a name of anything, much less a baby.

Posted by: WI | August 22, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Lindsey Lohan is a talentless hack. I wish she would just go away.

Ha! Just kidding luvlinsey, welcome back. (not really)

Posted by: Miley Cyrus | August 22, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Just when you thought Katherine Heigl couldn't be any more of an asshat. . .I hate butts throwers!

luvlinsey is back from the glittering shores of Lake Hikkipikkie and Camp Konnawonnda, so that she may regale us with tales of sordid camp counselor hookups, wallet making, archery, and canoe building lessons.

Posted by: jelo | August 22, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, you did not get the whole story.

G.G. has been appointed by FIG as its new chief investigator.

FIG is sending the most experienced man to do a job.

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 22, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, I don' think the Chinese team has any teenage boys.

Zuma...Nest...Rock...Rossdale. That kid is going to be explaining that name for the rest of his life.

Good to know Miley has learned the most important thing about the music business; Everything is for sale.

Posted by: EricS | August 22, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

I thought luvlinsey was just back from passport redacting school?

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 22, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

You missed the synchro diving?

Posted by: to Eric S. | August 22, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin sez:

"The most important thing about the 'Joe Jonas and Taylor Swift dating' rumour is that it helps dispel the myth that the boys are conjoined triplets."

Curmudgeon sez:

"Not necessarily."

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 22, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

I can't click on the Depp link from work, but are they talking about Rock City Angels? Somehow I can't see Depp embracing the old hair metal sound, but it could be fun.

Posted by: JG | August 22, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Rumor Willis has a boyfriend?

Posted by: Irishgirl | August 22, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Oh Gwen, puh-leeze. What's the matter, don't you love your baby?

Posted by: jaybbub | August 22, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jelo | August 22, 2008 9:52 AM

thayts just wrong jello. i dont go to camp anymore. i would onlyy go to a lohan camp. it wood be the best - dina can be the president of the camp and linsey and ali can be our counselrs and leaderz! yay!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Shoutin' out to The Swayze! Keep strong, we love you!

Posted by: jaybbub | August 22, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

"What's the deal with them and Jamaica?"

Ah, No Doubt started out as a SKA band that is a music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1950s and was a precursor to rocksteady and reggae.

Source: Wikipedia

Posted by: No Doubt Fan | August 22, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

I have a jamaican friend who named her dog Kingston. Then, like a month or two later, Gwen totally copied her and named her kid that. Now everyone who meets my friend's dog says "like Gwen Stefani's kid!" It's a BIG problem.

Posted by: WDC | August 22, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Congrats to Gwen and Gavin, but Zuma? It's the name of a beach, not a baby...

Posted by: kate07 | August 22, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, jelo. Is anyone else out there young enough to now have the theme song to Salute Your Shorts stuck in his/her head?

Luvlinsey, you're probably too young (or so you claim).

Posted by: Sully leads, "Camp Annawanna, we hold you in our hearts..." | August 22, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Isn't Zuma also a new dance/workout routine? I've heard a buzz about it spreading amongst the womenfolk in the office.

Posted by: Sully | August 22, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

$250 bucks for a ticket to a birthday party?! Well, she can just forget getting a present from me!

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

I remember Zima being a drink back in the 90s... If they ever get around to having a girl, that name could work.

Posted by: kvs | August 22, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Sully, now I have the theme song stuck in my head.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

"...And when we think about you, IT MAKES ME WANNA FART!"

Posted by: smiff | August 22, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Yes...my evil plan has worked.

Posted by: Sully | August 22, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Sully the dance is called Zumba. very fun

Posted by: hodie, can't walk today d/t Zumba | August 22, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Haha, right. Thanks for the clarification, hodie.

Posted by: Sully is walking just fine | August 22, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Dr. Brewster's dad We named the *dog* Kingman.
Queen Liz: The dog?
[starts laughing]
Queen Liz: You are named after the dog? HA HA HA...!
Kingman Brewster: I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog.

Posted by: Kingman Brewster | August 22, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Why does everyone have to be so mean on this blog? It brings me to tears! Why must you pick on Gwen and Gavin's baby's name? It just hurts me reading these vicious comments.

Posted by: Nancy | August 22, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Young Jeezy says Michael Phelps is the "Young Jeezy of the swim world"... I find this interesting, since I've heard of Michael Phelps, but not of Young Jeezy. How can you say someone is the somebody of the whatever world, if most people don't even know who the somebody is without having to look up that somebody?

Posted by: Huh? | August 22, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

It just hurts me reading these vicious comments.

Then don't read them. Problem solved.

Posted by: to Nancy | August 22, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nancy | August 22, 2008 10:26 AM

Read Liz' chat from yesterday.

Posted by: Free advice. | August 22, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nancy | August 22, 2008 10:26 AM
----------------------------------------

It's kinda what we do...we're good at it.

Posted by: Please take your ball and go home | August 22, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

what abour reusing your undies?

Fine, as long as you launder them each time.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 10:26 AM

i meant reusing worn undies. just flip them inside out, wear the back in the front and vice versa. that gives you 4 days worth. saves on detergent! do you really mind skidmarks?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 10:30 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

*Katherine Heigl is living up (or down) to *
every expectation I have of her.

*Before I saw that byoolin had posted I was going to say that Jeezy was the byoolin of the music world and that Phelps was the byoolin of the swimming world but I won't say it now because everyone will think there's somethin' goin' on between me and byoolin or that I'm a terrible suck up. (What can I say? I have a thing for poet laureates.)

*Love Gwen but I am VERY disappointed in the name choice.

*Fashion note: Rumer Willis's boyfriend was wearing brown shoes with a black suit. Isn't that a no no?

*I'm glad to see that the Romo/Simpson relationship is built on the strong foundation of trust...

Posted by: methinks | August 22, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

what abour reusing your undies?

Fine, as long as you launder them each time.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 10:26 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 10:30 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

do you really mind skidmarks?

Not at all, as long as they're on your body from the truck that ran you over.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

It just hurts me reading these vicious comments.

Then don't read them. Problem solved.

Posted by: to Nancy | August 22, 2008 10:28 AM

Why do you have to be so nasty? The blogs are for all of us. Dont you realize when you say mean things to one another, people's feelings will be hurt? I thought only reading the OP blog would bring me to tears, but this one does as well.

Posted by: Nancy | August 22, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Zuma is also the name of a computer game.

'performance hair' for the VMAs? Damn, what exactly does it do?

Posted by: jes | August 22, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

I have to say- I feel for the Moore-Willis girls who admittedly are in/have gone through their awkward teenage years in the spotlight. And some teens have more awkward years than others. But on the upside, I think Rumer is really starting to grow into her features.

Posted by: Sully | August 22, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Noooooooooooo | August 22, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nancy | August 22, 2008 10:36 AM

You might want to get checked for overactive tear duct syndrome.

Posted by: jes | August 22, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Microsoft is using Jerry Seinfeld to make their products cooler? Apparently MS has also created a time machine to take us back to 1998. Unfortunately in 1998 the time machine runs on Windows ME causing it crash at inopportune times and incapable of getting us back to the present.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

To Nancy:

True, some comments on this blog (as on any other) can be particularly mean. It is important to keep in mind when reading our comments, however, that most are said with sarcasm and/or humor in mind.

That being said and this not being the first time we've heard about you crying, can I get you a box of tissues? You seem to be prone to crying, so I must warn you- if you continue here with us, you will certainly have more tears in the future. Snark is what we do.

Posted by: Sully, sincerely | August 22, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

I don't know however on earth poor Nancy manages to type her messages, what with all those tears in her poor eyes.

Posted by: tongue | August 22, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

No sully, snark is not what we DO. Snark is what we ARE.

Posted by: jaybbub | August 22, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Oh, so true, jaybbub.

Posted by: Sully | August 22, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Nancy, this is my outlet for my snark. Normally my friends and co-workers have been my targets, now I have a safe place to go and snark freely with others like me.

Please don't harsh the snark.

Posted by: hi, my name is jake e. poo and I'm a snarker | August 22, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Sully, for Rumer to grow into that jaw, she's going to have to be, like, 9 feet tall.

Maybe glamourous just isn't the right look for her. Maybe she should look into, lemme think, fur covered body suits?

Katherine Heigl, just doing whatever she has to do to draw attention to her butt.

Posted by: epony | August 22, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

epony, don't worry, I'm sure Rumer's mom can give her the names of several good plastic surgeons.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nancy | August 22, 2008 10:36 AM

You might want to get checked for overactive tear duct syndrome.

-------------------

Alright, who's been chopping onions in the blog again?

Posted by: epony | August 22, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

I usually get my first snark in before 8:00am.

Posted by: jes admits to the snarker lifestyle | August 22, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

And here I thought it was that horseradish-grinding guy at Lexington Market.

Posted by: to epony | August 22, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Performance hair distracts the audience from Britney's imperfections, I suspect. I wonder if she's working on her "performance abs" too. And Nancy, I feel your pain. I wish everyone were nice all the time, but this isn't as mean-spirited as other blogs' comments get (see: presidential politics-themed blogs).

Posted by: Katyola | August 22, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Why are so many idiots reading this blog lately. Tell you what - and you know who you are, trade email addresses and write each other with your dumb comments. Liz - DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: WI | August 22, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tongue | August 22, 2008 10:45 AM

There's absolutely no reason for you to attack me. I am a geniune person who is nice to everyone. I can't believe people are being so nasty to me when I am just speaking my mind.

Posted by: Nancy | August 22, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Don't diss my girl Gwen and her Zuma. Gwen is testing the 2nd generation prototype of my invention current named RAM (Random Assigner (of) Monikers.)

The 1st generation machine, BAM (Better Assignment (of) Monikers) was field tested by Frank Zappa.

(besides, Mrs. Howe has given me a kitchen pass for Gwen.)

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 22, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Some of you are clueless. The "Nancy" posts are a joke. They are making fun of the real Nancy who posts on OP.

Posted by: ugh | August 22, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

The older Willis girl's faces are just too big for their heads, I don't know that plastic surgery can help. The youngest looks like she may have a chance, of course she also looks like the hell-raiser in the bunch.

Posted by: jes | August 22, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ugh | August 22, 2008 10:57 AM

Ugh, you need a clue. There is no real Nancy on OP either!

Posted by: to ugh | August 22, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

i love zuma the computer game, but i wouldn't name a kid after it. however, there does seem to be a method to the madness....

this from a blog, http://nodoubtweb.com/wordpress/?p=3188

"Zuma is rare as a first or surname in the US. It comes from the name Zulema, of Arabic origin, and its meaning is peace. It sounds like Cyma, Syma, Sima, Cima and Soma. Other similar baby names are Zuba, Yuma and Zulma.
Nesta is pronounced NESS-tah. It is of Welsh origin and avariant of Agnes. It means pure and holy.
Rock is a variant of Rocco (German and Italian origin). Actor Rock Hudson, who was originally named Roy Scherer, made the name famous. It means rest.
Other name trivia:
Zuma Rock (together) is a large monolith located in Nigeria. It is sometimes referred to as Gateway to Abuja.
As mentioned before Bob Marley's birth name was Robert Nesta Marley. He also passed down Nesta onto his son Ziggy Marley (real name David Nesta). Ziggy then went on to pass Nesta down to his second son by naming him Gideon Robert Nesta."

Posted by: b | August 22, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

OK, let's hear some of your snark!

Posted by: to Nancy | August 22, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

"Young Jeezy" of the swimming world? Mikey you're not gonna take that lying down are you??

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Looking at the family photo, I think it would be better if Ashton and Demi adopt

Posted by: Lisa1 | August 22, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ugh | August 22, 2008 10:57 AM

Just when I was getting ready to tell Nancy she was the Young Jeezy of cryers.

Posted by: kvs | August 22, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I'm not crazy about Gwen & Gavin's choice of baby name, but at least he can change it when he grows up if he wants. (SEE: Zowie Bowie (son of David), who now goes by the perfectly cromulent moniker Duncan Jones.)

Rumer & Scout Willis, OTOH, are stuck with those awful potato-like faces for the rest of their lives, poor things...

Posted by: LittleMissMuskrat | August 22, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

OK, let's hear some of your snark!

Posted by: to Nancy | August 22, 2008 11:03 AM

I don't snark. I'm a nice person who only says pleasant things to people. I'm of the mindset that if you dont have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

and to those saying i'm not real, that is just another fallacy. i have a wonderful family who can vouch for me, as well as a dear dear friend Donna who can also attest to who i am, although she's going through a traumatic time right now.

Posted by: Nancy | August 22, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Whether the "Nancy" on OP is also a goof in unknown. But this is a perfect example of why it is silly for some people to get worked up about anonymous posts. People are just making up names and probably multiple people are using the same names to goof on each other. I'm not even sure if Booylin, luvlinsey, Curmugeoun, and Sasquach are seperate people or created by one really bored person.

Posted by: ugh | August 22, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Michael Phelps doesn't have a girlfriend, but he celebrated his record-breaking eight gold medals in Beijing by sneaking off for a sizzling game of tonsil hockey with one of Australia's hottest Olympians.

Phelps, fresh from shattering Mark Spitz's 36-year-old record, was spotted Monday night in a hot make-out session with Down Under swimmer Stephanie Rice, a source tells The Post's Clemente Lisi and Luke Dennehy. The pumped-up pair clinched and swapped spit at a celebratory bash outside the Olympic Village.

The Baltimore Bullet swooped in for the lip-lock with the 20-year-old brunette just weeks after she split from Aussie swimmer Eamon Sullivan. "All the swimmers are talking about it, and [Sullivan] is cut up about what happened," the source said.

The day after the face-sucking frolics, Phelps and Rice cheekily posed together for Speedo - laughing and playfully groping each other as a photographer snapped them in their swimsuits. "I definitely admire him for his athletic ability and everything he's achieved," gushed Rice, who won three gold medals of her own. "I'm just really glad to be in the mix with that."

Whether the dynamic duo is now a couple isn't known. Phelps' rep didn't return our calls.

Since winning, the 6-foot-4 wonder has been linked to US swimmer Amanda Beard, who posed nude for Playboy, and British model Lily Donaldson. Both have denied ever dating him, with Beard going as far as to fume, "Eww, that's nasty."

Meanwhile, Simon & Schuster's Free Press imprint has signed Phelps to write "Built To Succeed," a behind-the-scenes look at the training regimen that led to his victorious performances. It'll be out in December. Sources say Phelps got a $1 million advance in anticipation of its doing better than his 2005 tome, "Beneath the Surface," which sold only 10,000 copies.

Posted by: For phelps fans | August 22, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

I'm kinda likin the Zuma name now, B! Wonder if baby Zuma will join Mommie Gwen in her way cool computer commercial like his bro Kingston did.

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Yes, start with this cry baby, wind bag. He is worse than fake Nancy.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Don't drag me into your crazy

Posted by: Donna | August 22, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

People, ugh! is correct.

"Nancy" is just like "luvlinsay" but with more facility in the language.

Hello, Nancy. Don't cry. ET isn't really dead and Tinkerbell will live if you believe.

There.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 22, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Oh. I forgot.

tut. tut.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 22, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Loved the color coordinated outfits on Willis/Moore family photo.

This too is a family that tried out Elias Howe's Bam or Ram or whatever you call it.

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

If I were Bruce Willis, I'd have my lawyer petition the court -- or Maury Povich, what's the difference? --to order Jay Leno to take a paternity test to determine if he's the father of Rumer.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Well, good for both of them.

"And it's I hope we never part. Get it right or pay the price."

Posted by: EricS | August 22, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

If Jerry Seinfeld is pitching Vista, will the new interface of the MSFT firewall be the URL Nazi?

"No lingerie web site for you!"

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

For both of WHOM, EricS?

Posted by: huh? | August 22, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Phelps fans. | August 22, 2008 11:10 AM

Closeted gay. Phelps is fugly to women.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, because she sees him like a brother. I love the half-comments the media puts out there.

Posted by: Rolling eyes | August 22, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Closeted gay. Phelps is fugly to women.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 11:27 AM

Not all women!! This 30-something can't get enough.

Posted by: WDC 2 | August 22, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

ugh says:
"I'm not even sure if Booylin, luvlinsey, Curmugeoun, and Sasquach are seperate people or created by one really bored person."

I am he
As you are he
As you are me
And we are all together.

Posted by: I am the eggman oh, they are the eggman - Oh I am the walrus GOO GOO G’JOOB. | August 22, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

"Zuma" makes me think of the Numa Numa internet guy.

I heard somewhere that the middle Willis (Tallulah? Scout?) is into cross dressing.

Posted by: Magnolia | August 22, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ugh | August 22, 2008 11:10 AM

COMPLETELY AGREE. some of these celeb regulars go spastic over this.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Speaking of lantern-jaws, Phelps could also be Jay Leno's love-child! Unless he's Dumbo's.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Gwen Stefani just lost a lot of points with me. The name of her first child was fine -- interesting but not weird. This, this is just weird.

If anything will get me to buy a Mac it would be Jerry Seinfeld endorsing PCs. Someone needs to tell the PC folks this.

Young Jeezy is apparently following in Kanye West's footsteps. Wonder if he will rip off a Kanye West song next and call it "sampling."

I'm looking forward to the new Bertinelli sitcom. I like her, so there.

Posted by: ep | August 22, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Spot on with the Leno paternity theory.

Posted by: Sully | August 22, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Kenneth,
I read your story about the closeted actor who raped a former boyfriend. All of the names listed were wrong, it was actually Will Smith. You and Page 6 were wrong about some of the other details as well. The former boyfriend did report Will to the Lost Hills Sherrifs Department. The payoff was done to keep him from pressing charges. The charges were indeed dropped. The former boyfriend also needed surgery because his anus had a small split called a fisure after the incident.

To set the record straight, it wasn't rape, it was more of rough play that the two played on many occasions. It got out of hand and Will didn't stop. He's not a rapist but he and his wife both live a life filled with lies. They don't have sex with each other or in thier home. They live in Hidden Hills but they have a seperate home in nearby Agoura Hills just for sex with others. If this world were more accepting of gay people, I think Will and Jada would be living happy, honest lives with other people. On a final note, I was one of Will's boyfriends for a while. I think we all get a max of 4 months and then he moves on.
source: http://www.kennethinthe212.com/2008/08/in-box.html

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Phelps isn't a bad looking guy, but those great big gunboats he paddles with are a bit fug. But who cares, the dude just scored eight golds in one Olympics. He's set for life no matter what.

Posted by: jelo | August 22, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Katherine Heigl shows us what White Trash is all about.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Do you think Rumer's face looks just like Demi's used to before all the plastic surgery?

Posted by: spartan is wondering | August 22, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Magnolia | August 22, 2008 11:31 AM

Unless she's wearing facial hair and a strap-on, doesn't quite have the same impact as say "I heard somewhere that Ashton Kutcher is into crossing dressing." Though he would make a pretty woman.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Yes, Hodie, The Willis/Moore family also tested the prototype. I must say that since the BAM generated "Moon Unit", it has been all down hill. I am dissappointed in myself.

I have suspended field testing of the BAM/RAM and to make up for these fugly names, I will shortly introduce SPAM.

(Specifying Proper Alternative Monikers)

BTW, I had to give Mrs. Howe a Kitchen Pass for Phelps to get my Gwen. Take that 11:27!

Posted by: Elias Howe | August 22, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Somebody should tell Miley Cyrus that she can get a better rate by soliciting casino customers on the Vegas strip.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

"Please don't harsh the snark" That HAS to be added to the Celebritology dictionary.

Nancy, honey, I think you are in the wrong blog, really.

Posted by: happy | August 22, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Hmm, what is described in the Mel C article (clearly, I have little to do at work today) as a floaty, blue dress appears to in fact be a floaty, blue...romper?

Posted by: Sully is confuzzled. | August 22, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

happy, I believe "Harsh the snark" is already in the glossery. I can not take credit.

Posted by: jake e. poo | August 22, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

If we are the eggman, who is the walrus?

Posted by: Curmudgeon is hip to the program | August 22, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Forgot my Heigl thing snark.

Of course she was cited for littering. She exists on this planet doesn't she? You want to save the planet, let's get Heigl to leave.

Welcome back Byoolin.

Happy, "harshing the snark" is in the Lizard Lexicon already.

Posted by: ep | August 22, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I think Rumer is really starting to grow into her features.
***
yes, those of mrs. potato head.
***
as to that nancy, she's just frog-gigging people. ignore it. who cares? better things to snark about.
***
rumer's boyfriend is the same age as her stepfather.

Posted by: janet is looking for the potato head ears | August 22, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Zuma is probably named after the beach, near Malibu, no? Could have been worse (Redondo, Hermosa, etc.)

Posted by: lurkster | August 22, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

From wiki:

Zuma may refer to:

Jacob Zuma, of the African National Congress and former Deputy President of South Africa
Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, South African Minister of Foreign Affairs and Jacob Zuma's ex-wife
Sibusiso Zuma, South African soccer player
Zuma Beach in Malibu, California
Zuma Rock, monolith in Nigeria
Zuma (computer game), a puzzle game developed by PopCap Games
Zuma (album), a rock album by Neil Young and Crazy Horse
Zuma, an alternate spelling of Suma, the western division of the Suma-Jumano people
Zuma (comics), a Filipino comic book character
Yamaha Zuma, a motor scooter
Zuma (harvestman), a genus of harvestman
Zuma: Tales of a Sexual Gladiator, a feature-length computer-generated pornographic anime film

Posted by: It just could be one of these | August 22, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Redondo Rossdale has a nice ring to it.

Posted by: methinks | August 22, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Shailagh Murray: Actually I've heard Tom Cruise is on McCain's short list.

Posted by: LOL! | August 22, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: lurkster | August 22, 2008 11:53 AM

Duck Rossdale

Posted by: Sully's got it! | August 22, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Isn't Cruise on everyone's short list?

Posted by: LOL! | August 22, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I finally got around to checking the link Liz posted for tortured, overexposed or uptight.

That Gwen is crazy.

Posted by: Sully | August 22, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Or it could be that they thought there just isn't enough first names that begin with the letter "Z"... Someone has to go last.

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Zuma might refer to Monty Zuma, the Aztec king.

Tom Cruise/short list - nice shot!

Of course, Nancy's not real. It's Sluggo, trying to tarnish her rep after she spurned his clumsy advances.

Thanks for the toadying, methinks. Your worship is appreciated.

'Squatch, happy to see that the guy in the freezer wasn't kin. Even happier to see your Suri photo caption.

Chris Kattan's wedding's done? Is his wife using the same annulment specialist as Zellwegger did?

Posted by: byoolin takes potpourri for $200. | August 22, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

no comments about katie holmes & her broadway debut? the play's so so but the other cast members have acting chops, as they say. ms. holmes is one of the oddest situations i have seen in my years on the planet. she went from a cute/appealing personality to a big zero. the kutcher/moore/willis group is creepy? they're amateurs compared to the holmes/cruise ensemble.
***
michael phelps seems like a big, goofy puppy. who now is a millionaire. i'll assume he still remembers how many homes he owns.
****
katherine heigl seems like a very unpleasant person. who wants to bet the cast on GA would like to poke her eyes out?
***
gwen stefani and her husband gave the new baby names that mean something to them, but will probably create problems down the line. i keep thinking of the commercial "zoom, zoom, zoom".

Posted by: janet throws a few thoughts out there | August 22, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Phelps and the Aussie swimmer "huh?"

I am the walrus.

Posted by: EricS | August 22, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

The baby's real name is Zima Nestea.

Posted by: Sasquatch lies his with a slice of lemon | August 22, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Now, I've hears of goatees, spade beards, Amish beards.

Never have heard of one called an "Aussie Swimmer" though.

Posted by: Curmudgeon heads for Wikipedia | August 22, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Liz, where's the Main Post? Yesterday's traveled through time and space to post an hour early, is today's caught in a black hole somewhere?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Tony Tiger and Phelps getting together on the Frosted Flakes Box too, I heard.
They're GRRRRRRReat!

Posted by: hodie prefers peanut butter Cpt Crunch | August 22, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

The Tila Tequila girlfriend-guard dust-up was all a misunderstanding. The guard asked Tequila for a shot. The girlfriend gave the guard her best shot.

Posted by: Sasquatch likes his with salt and a slice of lime | August 22, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

source: http://www.kennethinthe212.com/2008/08/in-box.html

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 11:33 AM

wow, who knew that big willie was a geigh!

Posted by: juju | August 22, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Rumer Willis and Jay Leno: Separated at birth?

Posted by: Sasquatch pages Maury Povich | August 22, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Since we've been on the subject of weird names all morning, what are we going to call the new Baby Spice?

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Wow, 127+ comments before I could even load this page onto my PC.

Zuma. I mean, not my first choice, but no one's actually going to call him Zuma. They're probably going to shorten it to Zoom. How long before this kid sings, "If I could escape" on a regular basis each morning?

Mel C. Again with the pregnancy news; I already ranted about the need to talk about recent fertilization on yesterday's MM so I'll abstain from this. (Though Sporty was always my favorite Spice -- next to Old that is.)

"Bertinelli will play a woman who struggles to care for two kids . . . after her husband walks out on her." -- Kinda sounds like "One Day at a Time" doesn't it? Any chance we'll see Pat Harrington back as Schneider?

Nancy and Sluggo. Oh byoolin, how I've missed you. Assuming it IS you.

Posted by: td | August 22, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 12:40 PM

*******************************************

Caraway?

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Names for Baby Spice--hmmm, kinda lame, but the first things that popped in my head. Next time, I'll be more thoughtful...

If a boy--Basil
If a girl--Rosemary

Posted by: kate07 | August 22, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Hodie, just think, if Mel C chooses an atrocious name for her baby, Lizards can shout, "Owe, the cuminity!"

Posted by: Nosy Parker | August 22, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

After all those Jenny Craig ads, Valerie Bertinelli should take a page from Uma Thurman's book and call her new TBS show, "Tortured, Overexposed and Uptight." Or "Too Tight." Or something.

Posted by: td | August 22, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 12:40 PM

I vote Cardamon!

Posted by: B'More Cat and Spice Lover | August 22, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Fennel
Coriander

Posted by: jes | August 22, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Baby Spice Jr.

Posted by: emanon | August 22, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

It's spelled cardamom. Which has lots more possibilities.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Thank you NOsy Parker. I expect my new computer keyboard by Monday.

Posted by: ep | August 22, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Why do i keep having to defend myself on this blog from such vicious attacks? i just asked if we could all stop being mean to each other. You people are full of such hatred, it upsets me to know the world is full of people with hard hearts. When my husband comes home at the end of the day and sees me in tears he doesn't get how people can be so mean to me.

Posted by: Nancy | August 22, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

From the AP article about the Microsoft deal:

"Seinfeld does represent sort of a challenge," says Brian Steinberg, television editor for the weekly advertising magazine Ad Age. "He's not Dane Cook. He's got a more sophisticated everyday take on things."

Posted by: Bawlmer | August 22, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nancy | August 22, 2008 1:02 PM

Nancy, dear you bring it on yourself. If you don't like it here or what we write, go find some boring blog where everyone is nice to everyone else, but for the love of all that is holy, SHUT UP.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

"He's not Dane Cook."

BWAAAaaaahahahahahahahahaha

these Ad Age people need to read our Glossary.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 22, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Pay attention.

"Nancy" is a schtick.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 22, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Why thank you, ep. Do you think we could get a group discount on replacement computer keyboards and screens?

Or, better yet, Elias Howe could invent a spray-resistant screen and keyboard.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | August 22, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Nancy, your mini-rants were kind of funny at first but now are just boring. Either go away or think of something more interesting to whine about.

Posted by: spartan | August 22, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

nancy dear, it's OK. But since snark doesn't seem to be your thing, why don't you head on over here: www.happiness-project.com

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Just in case nobody else posted it, here is Uma Thurman, tortured & over-exposed.

Posted by: SaraBeth | August 22, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

how 'bout
Sage-for a boy (really the young Jeezy of the spiceworld)
Ginger- for a girl (she'll probably go into showbiz, so why not)

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Nancy writes:

"Why do i keep having to defend myself on this blog from such vicious attacks?"
You don't have to defend yourself. Now be a good masochist and assume the position.

"i just asked if we could all stop being mean to each other."
Being mean has nothing to do with it. Beating up on you is fun.

"You people are full of such hatred, it upsets me to know the world is full of people with hard hearts."
You seem to have mistaken us for people who care. Now be a nice masochist and assume the position.

"When my husband comes home at the end of the day and sees me in tears he doesn't get how people can be so mean to me."
He's just not that into you. Please stop pulling on my strap-on.

Posted by: Betty Jo Bialosky | August 22, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

If we are the eggman, who is the walrus?

Posted by: Curmudgeon is hip to the program | August 22, 2008 11:47 AM

Dr. Phil.

Posted by: lafred | August 22, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

"Why do i keep having to defend myself on this blog from such vicious attacks?"

Because you never write anything about the celebrities that are the topic of this blog.

No, he wonders why you haven't got the housework done and dinner on the table on time instead of frittering away your day on the Internet.

Posted by: to Nancy | August 22, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

If we are the eggman, who is the walrus?

Posted by: Curmudgeon is hip to the program | August 22, 2008 11:47 AM

Dr. Phil.

Posted by: lafred | August 22, 2008 2:00 PM

========================================

coo coo ka-choo

Posted by: Curmudgeon was there for the Beatles | August 22, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

wow, who knew that big willie was a geigh!

Posted by: juju | August 22, 2008 12:21 PM

The still "madly in love" bit is a clue...

Posted by: Mm | August 22, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

coo coo ka-choo

Posted by: Curmudgeon was there for the Beatles
****
sitting on a cornflake, i'm waiting for the van to come...... (michaels phelps is sitting on one big cornflake these days and will certainly need a van or two to haul off his loot)
***
news flash: khloe kardashian is going to be on celebrity apprentice. talk about dredging the barrel. isn't she one big nothing who has a sister w/a large seaterumpus?
***
kate moss says mark wahlberg was a d.h. back in the day. surprise.

Posted by: curmudgeon, janet says me too about the beatles | August 22, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

hodie, there's already a Ginger Spice

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Jerry Seinfeld?! Was David Brynner unavailable?

BILL GATES: "And you want to be my software salesman?"

First Janet Jackson's 1987-inspired lingerie and now 1990s Seinfeld promoting software.

Honestly, what's next, Fred Astaire hawking Dirt Devils? Oh, wait. . . .

Posted by: td | August 22, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Gary Glitter's blunder was failure to plan ahead. He should used Michael Jackson's strategy and had his own kids.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Side question here: When do we find out who won the caption contest from the other day? I had fun following that.

Thanks!

Posted by: Ebeth | August 22, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

*****************************

Ok, let me get this straight, the sister of someone who is only a "celebrity" because of a big ass and a sex tape, is now considered a celebrity? For f*ck's sake.

Posted by: jake e. poo needs a nap | August 22, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

jake.e.poo sez:

"For f*ck's sake."

Curmudgeon sez:

"You got that right."

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 22, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Also, I have to agree about the Moore/Willis kids. Every time I look at them, I wonder how two good looking people producing such odd looking children. Do you think Demi and Bruce wonder the same thing?

Gwen, I love you so much, but, why, oh, why, did you do that to your child? Kingston was an interesting and different name. This new name, I cannot get behind. Poor dear child. Why do these celebrities do this?

Every story that comes out about Katherine Heigl makes me like her less. I think she should just go in a cave and stop interacting with people for a while. It's a shame because I used to really like her. BOOOOOO!

Posted by: Ebeth | August 22, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ebeth | August 22, 2008 3:22 PM

Tomkat's kid is odd looking..

Posted by: Anonymous | August 22, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

I just realized that there are two Melanies in the Spice Girls. Doing some quick pop culture math in my head, I can only assume that a bunch of British couples had a "brand new pair of roller skates" and a "brand new key" back in the late 60's.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 22, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone else get the feeling that the only name left for Gwen and Gavin to use is "Ganja"?

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 22, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

MoCoSnarky, there's always Usain and Asafa.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | August 22, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Let's do some parsing here, shall we?

[So the ad won't be a piece of danecook. That still doesn't convince me there won't be a bit of celinedion in it.]

He often comes across as a questioner of conventional wisdom but also can be kind of a crank. It's a fine line to walk when you're dealing with a younger person."

[My PC is often cranky. It sends me error messages every day. Come to think of it, perhaps Jerry and my PC have a lot in common!]

Steinberg did point out that the firm producing the spots _ Crispin Porter and Bogusky _ is known for creating commercials that appeal to young males, particularly in its campaigns for Burger King.

[NOOOOOO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND NOODLES! No creepy, giant plastic Jerry heads!!!!]

Posted by: MoCoSnarky, reading about Jerry, so you don't have to | August 22, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Not that there's anything wrong with Usain or Asafa.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | August 22, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Zuma? Really? Isn't that some sort of drink that was popular back in the 1980s? Oh, sorry, that's Zima.

Bruce is looking a little grizzled these days. Boy needs a sandwich.

Heigl just needs to go away. Every time I hear something about her I like her less, and I was never a big fan.

Posted by: Sappho | August 22, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

"I can only assume that a bunch of British couples had a 'brand new pair of roller skates' and a 'brand new key' back in the late 60's." --MoCoSnarky

Boy, I love Wikipedia:

* "Brand New Key" became a novelty hit in 1971-2.
* Melanie Jayne Chisholm (born 12 January 1974 in Whiston, Merseyside)
* Melanie Janine Brown (born 29 May 1975) in Leeds, West Yorkshire

Close enough, Sherlock, er, MoCo. Well done.

* Following the January, 1994 attack on Nancy Kerrigan, a parody of "Brand New Key" circulated on radio stations. The parody featured lyrics from Tonya Harding's point of view, and included the chorus,

I've got a brand new pair of figure skates,
You've got a busted knee;
They're gonna lock up my ex-husband and throw away the key

Posted by: td now has forgotten about that david soul song from the main post comments thank you | August 22, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Johnny Depp. Sigh.

*shakes it off*

Right. Onto business. The Phelps/Aussie thing is a bit of a surprise--one of the LA Times Olympics bloggers claimed the other day that yes, Phelps has a girlfriend and that she's stunning and that he's seen them together, but no, he's not taking pics out of respect for their privacy.

Welcome back byoolin.

As yesterday, I concur with td about the pregnancy announcements. No issue with birth announcements, they're news. Pregnancy announcements just make me think, "Good, you had sex and it took. Big deal."

Posted by: hermespal | August 22, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

What are all these Hollywood-types going to do when kids go out of style again?

Right now, they get to play the "I'm fertile and you're not" game with their peers.

Owe the maternity!

Posted by: Curmudgeon puts away the soap box for now | August 22, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

How come no on in the celebrity media is keeping watch over Kirstie Alley's bump? That's gonna be one BF baby!

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Er, um, maybe Kirstie Alley isn't really preggers?

Maybe that's just her breakfast everyone is noticing?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 22, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Mudge asks:

"What are all these Hollywood-types going to do when kids go out of style again?"

I hear that Mia Farrow went long on adoption futures.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I hear that Mia Farrow went long on adoption futures.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 4:23 PM

********************************

So did Woody Allen...

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Ginger Spice is already a Spice Girl? Crap, I didn't know that!

I think I am the only one who actually thinks Rumer is quite beautiful. She is definitely no cookie cutter though.

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Dammit, people! Don't confabulate herbs and spices, lest you end up with Herb Spice.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

"So did Woody Allen..." - Dorkus 4:25

(Rim-shot)

Dorkus,

No wonder you are the Tribal Chieftan!

Posted by: Curmudgeon is in awe at these snappy comebacks (I said come) | August 22, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 4:27 PM

=================================

. . . or the recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Posted by: Mudge - I make myself laugh | August 22, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

. . . or the recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

*************************************

'Mudge, that made me giggle.

Posted by: Dorkus is a little school girl | August 22, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

. . or the recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Posted by: Mudge - I make myself laugh | August 22, 2008 4:31 PM

------------

Which leads us to.... Secret Spice.

Posted by: epony | August 22, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Just as long as Mel C. doesn't name a daughter Sugar N. Please don't.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | August 22, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

So did Woody Allen...

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 4:25 PM

Oh, Dorkus...well played.

Posted by: Sully shudders at the skeeviness of woody allen | August 22, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Which leads us to.... Secret Spice.

Posted by: epony | August 22, 2008 4:38 PM

LOL!

Thanks for the education on Herbs vs Spices, Sasquatch, I actually did look at the site. Who knew you could learn something new on Celebritology blog. If it comes up on "Are you smarter than a fifth grader" and I win, I'll give you a cut. Personally I think some of you are rather into herbs.

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Mel is proud to announce the birth of her daughter, Mixed Up Salt.

Posted by: Sully says yummy...not about the baby... | August 22, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, great name for twins!

Posted by: hodie | August 22, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm a couple of days late with this but I just read that Julius Carry died Wednesday. I'm sure he's more famous for other things but I remember him fondly as Lord Bowler on 'The Adventures of Briscoe County'. Maybe I'm the only goofball here who liked that show.

Posted by: jes | August 22, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Q: What's worse than having the "zoom, zoom, zoom" song stuck in your head?

A: "Zoom-uh, Zoom-uh, Zoom-uh."

Dammit, Gwen and Gavin.

Posted by: jsk | August 22, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

RIP Julius Carry. I recall him fondly from Matt Frewer's hilarious series "Doctor, Doctor."

Posted by: Nosy Pakrer | August 22, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS: Eddie Murphy has denied that he is the father of Mel C's yet-to-be-born baby.

Posted by: td combines morning mix and afternoon post | August 22, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Parker. Nosy Parker.

Posted by: Nosy Parker's fingers get tangled sometimes | August 22, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

OK, td, who's Mel D? I'm guessing she needs a restraining order against Eddie Murphy, stat.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | August 22, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Even more BREAKING NEWS:

Posted by: Dorkus | August 22, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Has the Enquirer staked out a reporter to see whose name is being added to the logo on Obama's jet? Which media source do you think will get the story first, correctly?

And, in the spirit of bipartisanality(?), ditto next week for McCain.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | August 22, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Just as long as Mel C. doesn't name a daughter Sugar N. Please don't.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | August 22, 2008 4:42 PM

--------------------------------------------
My money's on Veruca Salt.

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

"And, in the spirit of bipartisanality(?), ditto next week for McCain."

Why did I initially read the word as "bestiality"?

Posted by: Sasquatch | August 22, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

"Even more BREAKING NEWS: After seeing 'Meet Dave', Mel B is denying that Eddie Murphy is the father of her child."

Dorkus, that was masterful. Well played!

Posted by: td agrees we also need to warn mel d.... | August 22, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Q: What's worse than having the "zoom, zoom, zoom" song stuck in your head?

A: Having your lower intestine singing "Zoom-Zoom!"

Posted by: Willie Makit? Betty Won't. | August 22, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Paging Dr. Freud...

Posted by: Nosy Parker | August 22, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

And as if there weren't already enough BREAKING NEWS: Mels A through Q have withdrawn their names from the Eddie Murphy Baby Daddy List and from the Emmys.

Posted by: Curmudgeon piles on | August 22, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

McCain's camp is already leaking out that Romney is the Veep. zzzz.....

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 22, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Any news on Mels XYZ?

Posted by: jsk | August 22, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Paging Dr. Freud...
--------------------
Paging Caesar Milan.....

Posted by: Woof! Woof! | August 22, 2008 5:44 PM | Report abuse

No BREAKING NEWS on Mels X, Y, and Z, but Things 1 and 2 have left the premisis.

Posted by: Curmudgeon is on the story | August 22, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

No, not Lord Bowler. I'm bereft.

Posted by: ep | August 22, 2008 6:29 PM | Report abuse