Posted at 7:57 AM ET, 08/ 5/2008

Morning Mix: Morgan Freeman in 'Good Spirits' After Crash

By Liz Kelly
Tuesday

Headlines: Morgan Freeman in good spirits following car crash... Bernie Mac in critical condition as he battles pneumonia... Attorney says Mary-Kate Olsen doesn't know how Heath Ledger obtained drugs... Charlie Sheen is highest paid TV actor... Some TV stations refuse to air racy Eva Mendes Calvin Klein ad... DJ asks Robert Downey Jr. who he'd like to "have a brew and smoke a blunt with"... Gwyneth Paltrow backs Barack Obama in new ad... Joss Stone joins cast in third season of Showtime's "The Tudors"... Pete Wentz puts Hollywood bachelor pad on the market... Pic: Brad Pitt and dead wild cat, circa 1989 (Grrrr!).

Rumor Mill: FBI seizes nude pictures of Anne Hathaway... Paul McCartney pens love song for ex Heather Mills.

Well Said
"I think there have been enough boobs in the White House." -- Dolly Parton responds to a fan wearing a "Dolly for President" T-shirt

Note to Commenters: Starting at Noon ET, washingtonpost.com is turning off comments on several blogs, including this one, to allow for some software upgrades and other maintenance. Blog entries and comments are expected to resume by late Wednesday afternoon.

By Liz Kelly  | August 5, 2008; 7:57 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Snarking
Next: Reality Check: Pam Anderson and P. Diddy, On the Loose and in Need of Assistance

Comments

Noooo, Bernie Mac better not die! Love him.

I'd like to seize Annie Hathaway's nude photos too.

Posted by: 23112 | August 5, 2008 8:21 AM | Report abuse

Good Morning!

Does Sir Paul think that the tune will shut her up?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 5, 2008 8:23 AM | Report abuse

I. Heart. Dolly.

Posted by: Osteph | August 5, 2008 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Gwyneth Paltrow backs Barack Obama in new ad...
At least McCain won't be able to use this in any of his attack ads - the base he's trying to appeal to is unlikely to (a) know who she is, and (b) get any joke using the word 'insouciant'.

Liz Kelly, was that a "Grrrr!" of annoyance or of desire?

That cat looks photoshopped into the Brad Pitt picture, and the sideburns look photoshopped from a Jonas Bros. publicity still.

"FBI seizes nude pictures of Anne Hathaway." Update: the FBI apologizes for getting our hopes up - what they've got are nude pictures of Miss Hathaway, Mr. Drysdale's secretary in "The Beverly Hillbillies." (Grrrr!)

Paul McCartney, I think that people have had enough of silly love songs.

Posted by: byoolin | August 5, 2008 8:42 AM | Report abuse

I guess we better get all of our snark in early today.

Dolly's always great for a quote.

Posted by: EricS | August 5, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Maybe I'm just being catty, but that picture of Brad Pitt looks like Joey "Gimme a Break/Blossom/Dancing with the Stars" Lawrence.

Posted by: Mz Fitz | August 5, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Hmmm....no snarking in the afternoon, but at least I've got that Calvin Klein ad to entertain me.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 5, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

anyone else disappointed that joss stone will be part of the cast of "the tudors?" i love that show and have never understood the appeal of joss stone.

Posted by: courtney | August 5, 2008 8:56 AM | Report abuse

I like Dolly but can I ask a youngun question? What IS the deal with her boobaliciousness? I assume its the product of some ridiculous cosmetic surgery but I realized that I don't really know that. Do we really know if they're real and fabulous (albeit a little scary) or Pam Andersonian?

Posted by: 80081E5 | August 5, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

80081E5,

No dear, they are not real. Nor is most of the rest of Darling Dolly. She freely admits that too which is yet another reason to just love her.

Dolly was once asked whether she was offended by dumb "blonde jokes." Her response was, "No, why would I be? I know I aint dumb and we all know I aint blonde!"

Love, love, love me some Dolly - and my girl can sing too.

Posted by: sunnydaze | August 5, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

I whole heartedly agree with Sunnydaze.

Posted by: Osteph | August 5, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Thanks sunnydaze,
Its nice to know that there is someplace to go where you can find the answers to these pressing questions!

Posted by: 80081E5 | August 5, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Get well Morgan and Bernie Mac

-Dolly Parton is a lot smarter than I thought she was.

-I don't understand Anne Hathaway's appeal. Nude pix of Amy Winehouse would be more interesting than Anne.

Posted by: Lisa1 | August 5, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

From the On Parenting blog (where the Mommy Blog nutsos have migrated):

Note to Readers: Starting at noon tomorrow, washingtonpost.com is turning off comments on this blog to allow for some software upgrades and other maintenance. Blog entries and comments are expected to resume by Thursday morning.

Posted by: shrieking denizen | August 5, 2008 9:00 AM

You celeb bloggers need to STAY ON YOUR BLOG and stop infiltrating the OP blog. I hate you all for making it so full of venom.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 5, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

I'm no lawyer but it seems to me that if Mary-Kate "had nothing whatsoever to do with the drugs found in Heath Ledger's home or his body, and she does not know where he obtained them", then there doesn't seem to be a reason to request immunity from the Federal investigators; especially since she already talked to the State investigators.

Can I get a ruling on this, ep?

Posted by: Dorkus | August 5, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Dolly is one of the reasons I'm proud of my Tennessee roots. Minnie Pearl, too.

About Hathaway's appeal...I don't know, I can't explain it, but ever since the Princess Diaries, I've just been drawn to her. Maybe it's that she's both ridiculously attractive to these eyes and seems to be smart (well, boyfriend choices aside), naturally funny, and not afraid to do slapstick and/or kid-friendly roles. I just get entranced, and yes, I've seen her more "adult" roles too (woo woo). I haven't seen Get Smart yet, though.

Posted by: 23112 | August 5, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

"I'm goign to assume that the next thing heard on that radio program was the sound of Robert Downy's fist being planted in that jackasses face."

::stands, applauds::

So glad to hear Morgan Freeman is doing OK.

And I do love me some Dolly Parton. My favorite quote from her is from a Fourth of July show from around 2003, when she introduced her, uh, "girls" as "Shock and Awe".

Posted by: Bawlmer | August 5, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

I'm coming out of hiding to agree with the love for Dolly Parton. (I've been super busy with job interviews, taking standardized tests, 2 full-time jobs {since being a mom counts as one!} and taking a class in night school.) Whee!

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | August 5, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

I think everyone has it all wrong about Mary-Kate. She didn't ask for immunity, she asked for a sandwich.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | August 5, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

I really want to like Anne Hathaway, she seems down to earth and on a pretty even keel (not to mention the legs that go all the way up), but there is something about her smile that seems so....Cesar Romero a la The Joker.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 5, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

One. I'm very concerned for both Morgan Freeman and Bernie Mac. I hope they both get well soon- they're some of my favorites.

Two. Dolly Parton is fantastic- between her smarts, her cheek and her incredible songwriting- she leave most people miles behind her in class.

Three. I should not have listened to that Robery Downey, Jr. clip while at work. Even though he is many years my senior, I loooove me some RDJ- his voice is like honey. I'd put him on my kitchen pass- that is if I needed one. Muahahaha. Freedom.

Posted by: Sully | August 5, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Can I get a ruling on this, ep?

Posted by: Dorkus | August 5, 2008 9:17 AM

****

I'm not a lawyer, but given the way the Feds have screwed over innocent people in the past (e.g., Jewell, Richard; Hatfill, Steven), I wouldn't talk to those SOBs about the weather without a grant of immunity.

(In the immortal words of George Will, "No matter how much you distrust the government, you're too trusting.")

Posted by: byoolin is alarmed to find himself agreeing with George. | August 5, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Dolly is great. Her dumb act is just that, an act. She is a very shrewd business women who is almost a billionaire due to her many business interests, amusement park, and the over 100 songs she has written for herself and other singers.
Plus, her shoes have helped a great deal.
Ann Hathaway has been nude in at least one movie so imagine what her nude pictures look like.

Posted by: 90210 | August 5, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

So you DON'T have to imagine what her nude pictures look like - duh me.
Amy Winehouse nude?? I think I have to throw up. She is the most disgustingly ugly person on the planet. I think I would be scarred for life if I saw her nude.

Posted by: 90210 | August 5, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

i'd make the comment that i was sure the FBI was told to blame Al Qaeda for the Anne Hathaway pics - but that would be political... and far be it from me to break the rules (America isnt a place one wants to break rules any longer... oh crap... i've done it again...)

Posted by: Quintilius Varus | August 5, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, I wondered the exact same thing. If you had nothing to do with it, you don't need immunity. Have your lawyer present to protect your rights, sure. But, you don't need immunity when there is no wrong doing.

We have no blog comments for over 24 hours. For SMAME WAPO. Surely, you can upgrade and test the upgrade in less time than that. Some of us need this blog to get through the day.

Finally, regarding the OP thing. It stopped being funny a long time ago. If anyone here is still going over there to cause trouble, it needs to stop. And they need to stop cross-posting here. If you don't like the posts there, the solution is to report them to the Post, not come here to complain.

Posted by: ep | August 5, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

To the youngun': Dolly's - er - shoes are REAL. She's had a lotta other surgery as she's aged, but those babies are real. She had 'em way back when before anybody was having boob jobs.

The pic of Brad was hilarious. Grrr! indeed. Rawr!!

Good news about Morgan Freeman, but I'm worried about Bernie Mac. Hope he will be okay - I love him.

Posted by: NW DC | August 5, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Alas, I hope Pete Wentz enjoyed his bachelor days in his "sweet Hollywood Hills bachelor pad." It appears they only lasted two years according to the story. Wonder how long his days will be in the "family friendly" 6000 square foot home he now shares with the lovely Ashlee and their future brood?

Posted by: 44west | August 5, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

NW DC
That is what I thought. Dolly had very large - shoes - in the 1960's. She may have had a lift or three since then, but they are real.
For us old folks think The Porter Wagner show.

Posted by: dw | August 5, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

I second the comments about Dolly Parton--LOVE her!
Get well Bernie and Morgan!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 5, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

My intuition on the OP thing has long been that it's not a regular commenter who's doing the cut-and-pastes and anonymous comments. At least, that's what I'd like to think.

"Charlie Sheen is highest paid TV actor"
This is the headline that has me agog this morning. I can't bear to watch that show!

Posted by: mouse | August 5, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Dolly is, and always has been, one smart, savvy lady. Love her.

Is it wrong that I would love to have a brew and smoke with Robert Downey? I mean, if I smoked and he still drank....

Posted by: jaybbub | August 5, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

I think all you "Lizards" then will agree, add Dolly to the list of un-snark-able!

Posted by: Osteph | August 5, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

The reason Mary-Kate wants immunity is because if she gave him the oxycontin that he illegally possessed or gave him the name of someone who could hook him up, she could be charged with manslaughter.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 5, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Don't underestimate Dolly Parton. She's a very shrewd woman with lots of natural business savvy. My favorite quote from her is something along the lines of, "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

Regarding Anne Hathaway, I will never understand why seemingly bright women put themselves in compromising situations, like having their boyfriends take nude photos of them. Maybe Anne should Get Smart.

Posted by: Sappho | August 5, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

seriously, i hope these software upgrades somehow ban you people from using the word "lizards" and "lizard island."

Posted by: anon so i dont get slammed | August 5, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Someone finally pointed out on yesterdays chat that the name of the movie is
Soylent Green, not Solvent Green.
Just thought I would mention that. We need to keep caption winners honest.

Posted by: anon | August 5, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Another Dolly fan chiming in!

So, does this elevate her to the unsnarkable list? She really seems enjoy poking fun at herself, and she's better at it than even we are. I can't remember if she was on the unsnarkable list a few weeks ago (and I admit I'm too lazy to look), so if she isn't can we add her?

Posted by: OrganicGal | August 5, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Anne Hathaway had an extended nude scene in the terrible direct to video movie "Havoc," but I surely hope these private photos hit the web. With any luck they will be better than the Kristen Davis pics.

Posted by: Cleveland Brown | August 5, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

This is what Imdb has to say about it:
"Various tabloids have reported that her breast implants - which she has never disputed having - have increased her measurements to anywhere from 38CC to a high mark of 48DD."
Dolly appeared on Oprah and talked about her plastic surgeries.
She may very well have already had large breasts, but they are most definately enhanced. Sorry to burst your bubble, so to speak.

re: MKO and request for immunity. I agree that if she really has no connection with the drugs, then I don't know why she would need immunity, but having said that, I agree with byoolin about the feds...

Posted by: sunnydaze says, um no, I don't think so. | August 5, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

sunnydaze sez:

"She may very well have already had large breasts, but they are most definitely enhanced. Sorry to burst your bubble, so to speak."

Really? Wow. I know she'd had other work done, but I always thought the girls were real.

Posted by: Sappho | August 5, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

FWIW, I don't buy the 'unsnarkable list'. Everyone can be snarked. Me, You, my grandmothers, Dolly Parton, Joan of Arc, byoolin, Liz Kelly, Comic-Con attendees, Sally Quinn, the OP posters, the 'lizards', people who are insouciant and those who are not, you get my drift.
I like Dolly Parton's music. Especially the old stuff from the Porter Wagoner, days not the "Islands in the Stream" and "9 to 5" junk. She's an earthy gal, but look at her--she's a walking caricature!

Posted by: methinks | August 5, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Great Ideas in Self-Defense:

The Maginot Line.
The Entire Monty Python 'Self Defense' Sketch.
Wile E. Coyote Opening An Umbrella As A Large Rock Plummets Toward Him.
Calling Oneself "anon so i dont get slammed."

Posted by: byoolin has no opinion on the use of 'Lizard.' | August 5, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

What methinks said (in both paragraphs).

Posted by: byoolin | August 5, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Dolly is her own snark, and very self-effacign about it, so definitely on the unsnarkable list. It would be like trying to snark Connan O'Brien or Jame Gaffigan. Oh, and her "shoes" are very much fake, at least at this point. Heck, she had to delay her last tour a few weeks due to a problem with her boob job.

Posted by: EricS | August 5, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Gotta agree with OrganicGal. I'm pretty sure Dolly would be just fine with some high quality snarking.

And I am worried what I will do all afternoon is there is no commenting. I mean, my boss is travelling and five time zones away. Am I supposed to work and be effective at my job? Hello! What is this world coming to?

Posted by: B'More Cat and Dolly Lover | August 5, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: EricS | August 5, 2008 10:18 AM

Oh, I thought that tour delay was due to a "back problem." I am just too gullible.

Posted by: 44west | August 5, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: | August 5, 2008 9:56 AM

___________________________________

Next you're going to tell us the sun rises in the east.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 5, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

the gridiron show in Memphis always used to include a line in its newscast about Dolly Parton being the winner of the cutest couple contest.

she is eminently unsnarkable. she snarks herself too well for anybody else to try.

healing vibes for bernie mac and morgan.

i know there's a lot we know that mary kate doesn't know, but is it possible she knows something we don't know?

ouch. i just gave myself a headache.

Posted by: b | August 5, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

My favorite quote from Dolly is "If it's baggin', saggin' or draggin' I'll have it plucked, sucked and tucked!"

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 5, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Anyone up for a Steel Magnolias movie night?

Just me? Ok.

Posted by: Sully's colors are blush and bashful | August 5, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I'm with methinks. Just because I have nothing to snark on Dolly for doesn't mean nobody else does. And frankly if you snark her, I'll probably laugh. I don't think there's anyone above the snark, not even our beloved Mike Rowe.

By the way, if someone gets knocked off our no snark list does that mean they've 'jumped the snark'?

Posted by: jes | August 5, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

I'm posting this anony so we don't have the boys drooling on their keyboards, but Dolly Parton a 48 DD? Don't think so, I'm in the DDDs and she's much bigger than I am. I put her in the higher alphabet.

Also, Liz didn't mention this, but on the news this morning more compromising pictures of Miley Cyrus have surfaced. I'm beginning to think she's a secret skank. All goody two shoes during the day, but all skanked up at night. I predict by the time she's 20, she'll be stumbling drunk out of night clubs sans underwear.

Posted by: Anon for this | August 5, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

i loved Loved LOVED 9 to 5. that was the "awsum"-ist movie.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 5, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

i believe jes has another entry for the glossary....

actually, dolly would probably be very hurt if we didn't include her in our snarking. after all, she is the original embiggener. or would she be embiggenee?

anybody got tylenol?

Posted by: b | August 5, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

What happened to the guy who wrote "Eleanor Rigby"? "My Soul" sounds like nothing more than a drug-free substitute for Syrup of Ipecac.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | August 5, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

MUST SNARK BEFORE LUNCH!!

That thing about Brad Pitt & the cat SHOULD read:

Pic: Brad Pitt and dead wild cat, circa 1989 (RAWR!).

OR

Pic: Brad Pitt and dead wild cat, circa 1989 (mee-YOW!).

Posted by: Bored @ work | August 5, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I think what I was trying to say is that Dolly has always had very large shoes. She had naturally large ones as a young un-plastic surgeonned (new word) lady.
Then over the years, yes she has had (resculpturing) done several times. But, it is not like she started out flat chested.
Man, I love thinking about shoes all day. Only in Celebritolgy.

Posted by: dw | August 5, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

MKO might want immunity not because of any drug connection, but because of what she did or did not do in terms of calling for aid for Heath. I believe not calling for aid can be spun into a felony charge with the right proof and a determined prosecutor. Don't know if the Feds would go down that road, however. Would immunity protect her from civil action?

Posted by: BxNY | August 5, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

BxNY,
I doubt immunity would protect her from civil action. Being acquitted didn't keep OJ from getting sued.

Posted by: b | August 5, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 44west | August 5, 2008 10:22 AM
__________________________________

Well, yes, it was, more or less. Brought on by the "girls".

Indeed dw, indeed. Anywhere else on the Post site and we'd have to be way too clinical to enjoy it. Well, maybe not in the Gene Pool.

Posted by: EricS | August 5, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

"What happened to the guy who wrote "Eleanor Rigby"?" - Posted by: MoCoSnarky

*****

That guy died in a car crash, remember? The replacement guy's not so good, "Morse Moose and the Grey Goose" notwithstanding.

Posted by: byoolin spends too much time playing the White Album backward. | August 5, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Is not calling for help a crime in NY. In general, there is no duty to rescue/render aid. Morally, you should at least call 9-1-1. Legally, not required.

Dolly is not unsnarkable. She would be hurt if we didn't snark. She put up this persona to be snarked. Who are we to waste all that hard work (hers and the plastic surgeon's).

Maybe letting Miley have her own wing of the mansion wasn't such a great idea. Apparently all kind of unsuitable things are going on over there. Don't hold her out as a paragon of virtue until you have all copies of photos and the negatives in your possession.

Posted by: ep | August 5, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I would like to suggest that all Celebritology posters remove their socks and endeavor to shove them all down Gwyneth Paltrow's mouth. She's gonna jinx Obama.

Dolly is the best. I love watching her the Porter Wagoner show on RFD.

Posted by: jelo | August 5, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I'm surprised no one quoted this Dolly gem :"it takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

And yes, she's had work done, but only after gravity had taken its toll.

Posted by: jelo | August 5, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Re: MKO and rendering aid. I can only speak as to what my various lifeguard friends have told me, but I know that if you are certified in CPR there is a legal requirement for rendering aid. Conversely (and this may have changed since my time in the Scouts), if one was not certified and they did render aid there could be some legal ramifications, although it would take a pretty cold-hearted prosecutor to bring charges.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 5, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Gravity is indeed a harsh mistress. Unwilling as I am to go under the knife, I just spent $327.00 at Intimacy in an attempt to temporarily reverse the downward trend.

Posted by: methinks | August 5, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Eva Mendes=muy caliente!!

Posted by: methinks | August 5, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

methinks, what's "Intimacy"?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 5, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

The masseuse who called Mary-Kate instead of 911 could possibly be charged with depraved indifference but that is unlikely since he was probably already dead.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 5, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, that could be that lifeguards have a duty to rescue due to their job. However, your average person who happens to be certified in CPR is generally not required to render aid. I know this is true in Texas because I was certified there. However, I don't know what the requirements in NY are with regards to a requirement to render aid.

Posted by: ep | August 5, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Thankyou, jes and b

Jump the snark - becoming so venerable that one may enter the No Snark Zone

Maybe MKO is effecting a rescue cover-up for Rush. That's why she needs immunity.

too much snark, too little time

Posted by: Curmudgeon | August 5, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

I'll answer 11:08. "Intimacy" is a very expensive ladies undgergarmets store. Think Victoria Secret but way more upscale.

Posted by: sjcpeach | August 5, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Thanks ep, I wasn't exactly clear on what the rules were.

Posted by: Dorkus | August 5, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Dolly's shoes WERE real at one time when she was really stout. With the huge weight loss she has had, those puppies would be hanging down to her waist. At her age, gravity would have taken its tole on them, too. I am not a Dolly Parton hater. I like her very much. Like someone else said, she is a smart woman, but emphasizes the country thing when on stage.

Posted by: Sterling | August 5, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Mudge, jes defined "jumped the snark" the opposite way: if someone gets knocked off our no snark list.

Agree with everyone on Dolly. She has such a pure voice and perfect intonation. She's also "given back" to her community through Dollywood. And of course she makes fun of herself so we don't have to!

Wishes for full recoveries to Christina Applegate, Morgan Freeman, Bernie Mac and Patrick Swayze.

Posted by: Nosy Parker, just under the noontime wire | August 5, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I'm not a lawyer, but I want to say that there have been cases here in NY in which people were prosecuted for not rendering aid. I figured immunity wouldn't protect her from civil action.

Or maybe MKO wants immunity because she really does know where the not-prescribed drugs came from. (Ashley, perhaps?) However, it's open to debate as to whether Heath would have died anyway, without the extra goodies in his system - he had been (presumably legally) prescribed several "heavy hitters", seemingly without coordinated medical supervision. That's never a good thing.

Posted by: BxNY | August 5, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Bye everyone!! Read you tomorrow after the upgrade.

Posted by: methinks | August 5, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

EW used to have a whole list of those wonderful Dolly gems. Of course, as 'Mudge notes, there so much much snark and too little time (before the clock strikes 12).

Posted by: alex | August 5, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

test

Posted by: nancy | August 6, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

3:00?

Posted by: test... | August 6, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

om removal instructions[/link] lop.com removal instructions lop.com removal instructions [link=http://reneemazer.com/files/pic1/article663.htm]lop.com removal instructions[/link]

Posted by: aleksandrovich esenin sergei | August 8, 2008 8:25 AM | Report abuse