Posted at 10:42 AM ET, 09/29/2008

2008 Lizzies: Let the Voting Begin

By Liz Kelly

This fall, make your vote count... in the third annual Celebritology Honors (aka The Lizzies).

There's no pesky registration, no waiting online outside an elementary school while being harangued by hyper-caffeinated campaign volunteers and absolutely no hanging chads. And, if your candidate doesn't win, there won't be any cold sweats or vows to move to Sweden. Instead, a panel of Celebritological experts came up with this year's categories and nominees, because really, primaries are so overdone.

Last year, you voted Angelina Jolie the Most Admired Celebrity and the mom of two new twins may just be poised to sweep that category again. And last year's Biggest Train Wreck -- Britney Spears -- may just pull off a complete image rehab by snatching the title in a new category, Biggest Turnaround, leaving her former title open to a motivated group of candidates from Amy Winehouse to Andy Dick.

But wait, there's more. The panel came up with four new categories for our voting pleasure this year: Datingest Celeb, Must-Read Blogging Celebrity, Scariest Celeb Family of 2008 and -- for the first time -- reward one of our own with the mantle of Celebritology Fan Artist of the Year.

So, without further ado, click here to cast your votes in the 2008 Celebritology Honors. Then, be sure to pass the link along to your celeb-minded friends. Voting will be open until Wednesday, Oct. 8 at 5 p.m. ET. Winners will be proclaimed on Thursday, Oct. 9.

By Liz Kelly  | September 29, 2008; 10:42 AM ET
Categories:  Awards Season
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds Wed in Secret Ceremony
Next: Morning Mix: Spears Plans 2009 World Tour

Comments

Nothing like shameless self-promotion!

Posted by: Whatever | September 29, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Vote early and often. Just like in November.

Posted by: yellojkt | September 29, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I do not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Lizzie nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdraw my name from contention.

Posted by: Sully | September 29, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

VOTE FOR KATE HUDSON FOR MOST DATINGIST CELEB!

KATE IS GREAT, KATE CAN DATE!

A VOTE FOR KATE IS A VOTE FOR CELEBS DATING EVERYWHERE!

Posted by: sjcpeach with giant sandwich board and fliers | September 29, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

*sigh* voting will have to wait until this evening... darn link nazis.

i did get a glimpse of luvjen's pizza....
kinda disturbing....

Posted by: b | September 29, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

THANK YOU LIZ! for nomunated my PIZZA ofd the fabuulus JEN!!!!!!
I MADE IT ALL MYSELF!!!! tho the peeper sause smelt really weird. BUT YOU COULDA EATED IT IF YOU WANTED!!! like SMARTWATER featured in CATFANCY magasine!!!
THe fabulus JEN!!! IS an ANGEL!!!!
IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE MAKE A PIZZA OF THERE FACE!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: luvjen | September 29, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

No offense, luvjen, but agreed on the creepiness of the pizza.

The teeth...I think those will come back to haunt me in my dreams.

Posted by: Sully | September 29, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Liz, how many entries did the FanART contest have?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 29, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

How could I vote for anyone but Amy Whinehouse?

Posted by: petal | September 29, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

I want to nominate Byoolin, depending on what the meaning of "art" art.
He consistently has the most artful posts.

Posted by: Red Dragon | September 29, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Though I'm pretty sure my dog could outwit luvjen, I did vote for the pizza...mainly because it was creepy.

Posted by: lili claire | September 29, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Pizza was very creepy, but I would expect nothing less from luvjen. I was disappointed that luvlinsey didn't submit her shrine to LiLo.

Posted by: M Street | September 29, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

I want to nominate Byoolin, depending on what the meaning of "art" art.
He consistently has the most artful posts.

Posted by: Red Dragon | September 29, 2008 12:47 PM

Suck up!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 29, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

uch, i am so OVER angelina. come on, people...

Posted by: Penny Lane | September 29, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

In the "shameless self-promotion" department, I can't help but agree with Red Dragon's nomination of my "artful" posts.

Not that it will get me anywhere. Liz Kelly is notoriously free-thinking, and it doesn't help that luvjen's pizza is the most awsomest thing I have ever seen (the utterly photo-realistic creepiness of Keef nor the Mercator projection-like Ben Stiller notwithstanding).

No, what I need in order to win is *shameful* self-promotion.

Posted by: but byoolin is constrained by a court order. | September 29, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

No, what I need in order to win is *shameful* self-promotion.

No problem, fella. Get the lube out.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 29, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I usually do not like to discuss my political views but I have to say I voted for the pizza! Pretty darn original. Borderline on good taste but tastes good.

Posted by: hodie | September 29, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

What, Diddy's blog didn't merit a nom?

(BTW, Liz, I'm not the Grammar Constable, but shouldn't the plural of Spears be Spearses?)

Posted by: alex | September 29, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Queen Liz

May I appeal the ruling of the judges concerning the scope of the selections?

How could you deprive the Lizards of voting for the Whinehouse art? I mean, you have Amy as the train wreck but no corresponding art? Since there were only 8 or 9 entries and you put more than 3 choices for some of the nominations, surely you can put up some more art?

I know that my wonderful artwork would bring at least one vote!

All of you who are with me, please fill an Amicus curiae brief with the Queen and selection committee!

Posted by: Elias Howe | September 29, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Liz,

Here's my Amicus curiae but it's boxers not briefs.

haw, haw, haw

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 29, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

but shouldn't the plural of Spears be Spearses?)

Posted by: alex | September 29, 2008 3:00 PM

*******************************************

Spearsi? Perhaps?

Posted by: Dorkus | September 29, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

I know that my wonderful artwork would bring at least one vote!

Posted by: Elias Howe | September 29, 2008 3:43 PM

Get a life, loser!

Posted by: Sheesh | September 29, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

So Elias won't feel bad, I am putting in a write-in vote for the artwork on Amy Winehouse and I will put in an order for a copy of a signed print. How much you chargin?

Posted by: maxine | September 29, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Grammar check, Ms. Kelly:

You're outside that elementary school waiting "in line" or possibly "on line" but never "online" . . .

And please, no more photos of John Mayer -- he's grosser than luvjen's pizza (no offense intended, luvjen).

Posted by: Snarky Squirrel | September 29, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

I vote for Byoolin!

Posted by: Beth | September 29, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

I don't know much about pizza, but I know what I like.

Posted by: possum | September 29, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone else noticed that in most (not all) categories, the currently-winning-entry is the one who's pictured?

Liz, in the interest of fairness (like how the networks have to give equal time to all candidates) I think you should change the image accompanying each item on a daily basis.

Posted by: WDC | September 29, 2008 8:32 PM | Report abuse

I luvd the pizza! Go luvjen!

Posted by: bflogirl | September 29, 2008 9:00 PM | Report abuse

I will personally autograph any printout of my art work, gratis. If you think it is good enuff to be signed, I am good enuff to sign it!

And Sheesh!, get a sense of humor! You know TIC! Geee wiz!

Posted by: Elias Howe | September 29, 2008 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I had to go with the pizza. The other two pieces are magnificent, but luvjen has perfectly captured the slightly cheesy creepiness of this forum.

Posted by: Bob S. | September 30, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse