Posted at 10:43 AM ET, 09/ 4/2008

J. Lo: The Gift That Keeps On Giving

By Liz Kelly

Lopez with husband Marc Anthony and twins Max and Emme. (Getty Images)

I've been puzzling for months over what to give Mr. Liz to celebrate our upcoming anniversary. He already has every "Simpsons" figure known to man and gift cards are just so impersonal. Then, this morning, inspiration came to me from the usual source: Jennifer Lopez:

Two weeks before giving birth, Lopez commissioned a special gift for her husband -- a book of photos of herself. Says Lopez: "I was like, 'How am I going to rock this moment of my life? ... I felt very womanly. Marc was in a dream. He loved it." -- People.com

My main goal when giving a gift is to feel womanly, of course. Thanks again, J. Lo, for really getting me. And for showing me that nothing speaks truth to a lifetime commitment like a self-referential gift. On Nov. 8, Mr. Liz will be reminded -- in the form of a self-published glossy photo book culled from my best flickr shots -- just what he's got. And, just like that, I will have satisfyingly rocked this life moment for the both of us.

More Sibyl-esque truths attributed to Jenny from the Block:

Kissing is a gateway drug: "If you kiss on the first date and it's not right, then there will be no second date. Sometimes it's better to hold out and not kiss for a long time. I am a strong believer in kissing being very intimate, and the minute you kiss, the floodgates open for everything else." (Source: ThinkExist)

Laughter = Defiance: "They're making me out to be a serial marrying person or something. I'm laughing at that." (Source: InStyle)

If all else fails, silence your opposition the old-fashioned way: "There are certain people that are marked for death. I have my little list of those that treated me unfairly." (Source: Star Magazine)

Secretly revel in everyone's jealousy of your fabulousness: "It's a shame to call somebody a 'diva' simply because they work harder than everybody else." (Source: ThinkExist)

Multitasking is key: "I could serve coffee using my rear as a ledge." (Source: ThinkExist)

By Liz Kelly  | September 4, 2008; 10:43 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Britney to Open Sunday's VMAs with (Non-)Performance
Next: Morning Mix: Lindsay Lohan Reportedly Turns Down Playboy Offer

Comments

Wow, it really is all about her. Even the birth of the kids had to be about her and feeling womanly and "rocking this part" of her life. Her narcissism knows no bounds.

No wonder she is a Diddydum broke up. There was no space large enough to hold both egos at the same time.

Posted by: ep | September 4, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I actually did this for my husband as a Valentine's present. He really liked it! I know a lot of people that have nice photos taken while they are pregnant. It's kind of a growing trend in photography. I don't know that I would say "I commissioned a book" so much as I sat for some photos and made an album. And I wasn't looking to "rock his world" so much as make a nice memory for him. So the difference may be in the pretentiousness factor, but I guess I kinda have to have J-Lo's back on this one.

Posted by: tl | September 4, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Diddy, Back up Dancer, Affleck, Antony. On the surface these guys really don't have that much in common. I mean Jen Aniston has dated a lot but all the guys seem to have things in common - mostly actors, boy next door good looks (well I only wish Brad lived next door). Just seems like Jenny from the Block doesn't really have a type besides "someone who loves ME (almost) as much as I do!"

Posted by: sjcpeach | September 4, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I guess we should be glad the launch of the Hoff's social networking sight hasn't given JLo any ideas.

Posted by: jes | September 4, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie is afraid she pissed JLo off when she made fun of Gigli | September 4, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

And what is Mister Liz planning to give you, Liz?

I could offer him a suggestion, a la Justin Timberlake, to remind you just what it is you got when you married him.

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 4, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Don't even get me started - she was named by Self Magazine as the most inspiring women of 2008 - huh? I believe that it was because she was raising her twins without a nanny and working full time! BIG DEAL - so did my MOM! Sorry, I just don't get it.

Posted by: Betty | September 4, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Hodie sez about JLo musing about offing her enemies:

"People as famous and rich as she should not even be joking about this. She was joking, wasn't she???"

-----------------------------------------

Ahh, we're back to the good old days of Frank Sinatra saying "I've got pieces of guys like you in my stool."

Posted by: Sasquatch ays it was actually Joe Piscopo on SNL doing a Sinatra imitation | September 4, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

tl says:

"but I guess I kinda have to have J-Lo's back on this one. "

tl, you aren't implying that you have a major shelf bootie, are you?

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 4, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

I was thinking of putting together a life retrospective of me for JLo's next birthday. It'll make me feel so snark-like.

Maybe I'll toss-in one of Sasquatch's famous Gift Boxes.

Posted by: thoughtful Curmudgeon | September 4, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Some of you are forgetting that JLo, whatever you may think of her, is actaully kinda smoking. The book of photos probably looked good and made MA think "damn, I have a hot wife." If you're not JLo hot you should probably stick to giving your spouse one photo in a nice frame. Probably something from your last trip to Yosemite when you wore those ever so sexy Timberland hiking boots. Or, you could just give him a book containing photos of JLo. He won't say it but he will probably prefer that most of all.

Posted by: Its the thought that counts | September 4, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Mark really needs one of those "I gave my wife my heart and the best that money could buy and all I got was this crappy album of what I see everyday" t-shirts.

Posted by: petal | September 4, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Maybe I'll toss-in one of Sasquatch's famous Gift Boxes.

Posted by: thoughtful Curmudgeon | September 4, 2008 11:33 AM

then it really will be a gift that keeps on giving....

Posted by: Uh | September 4, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

And what is Mister Liz planning to give you, Liz?

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 4, 2008 11:19 AM

the joke is old sasquatch. if you looked like david beckham in a speedo, we'd appreciate it more. but since you look like a yetty, the joke was funny the first time, but not anymore. perhaps nancy will enjoy it.

Posted by: anon for this | September 4, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Can we please keep Nancy (the commenter, not to be confused w/ my fab editrix Nancy) out of it? Please?

Posted by: Liz Kelly | September 4, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Off on a tangent - How do you all handle it when your children see other children breaking the rules (important and/or safety rules) while you are insisting that yours follow the rule? For example, the rule at our health club's swimming pool is that no child is allowed in the water during swimming lessons unless that child is under the direct supervision of an instructor. At these times, the pool is closed to anyone not taking lessons and there is no lifeguard on duty. However, 99% of the lessons take place in the deep end of the pool, leaving the zero entry end unoccupied. Many parents allow their children who are either waiting to begin their lessons or waiting for a sibling to finish to play in the shallow end - often while Mom and Dad are chatting with other parents. This drives DS#2 absolutely crazy because I won't allow him to do the same. I can explain until I'm blue in the face that it's a safety rule, but that's not getting very far while he sees happy, splashing, and apparently safe peers right in front of his face. Ultimately, I've resorted to the "Because it's the rule and that's it" line, but that's tough because it drives me bonkers, too.

Eventually, I handled it by calling the regional manager and pointing out the massive liability issue present in the club's failure to enforce its own rules. Amazing how quickly they found someone to stand on the pool deck and enforce the rule. What I really wanted to do, however, is confront each and every one of those other parents about the lessons they're teaching not only their children, but mine as well. So very, very frustrating...

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I put JLo in that category of "special" celebs (which I used to call the Mariah Club but am now reconsidering a name change). She seems too...dense?...to hold up to any level of real scrutiny as she will just fall pathetically short. So she and I and the rest of the Club can coexist, I just take note that they will most likely be the dullest tools in the shed.

Posted by: I dunno... | September 4, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Hey, "I dunno", maybe this could be the theme of the great Friday List:

"The Dullest Celeb Tools in the Shed (not lilmited to males of the genre)"

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 4, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Poor Marc. All he really wanted was a beer, a blow job, and a movie.

Posted by: possum | September 4, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

"Jennifer Lopez says she was 'selfish' for the first time in her life while she was pregnant with twins Max and Emme, who are now 6 months old."

All those other times, I guess she was just being egotistical.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky, defining it all for you | September 4, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Why do men prefer bjs to . . . um . . . the usual?

Posted by: Inquiring Mind | September 4, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Maybe JLo is a "special" celeb (both in the short-bus and Church-Lady senses of the word), and maybe she makes "AJo" look like one of the great minds of our time, but I would still buy coffee from her if she served it off her rear.

Posted by: Red Dragon | September 4, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

"I could serve coffee using my rear as a ledge."

Hence the phrase, "Is it just me, or does this coffee taste like ass?"

Posted by: byoolin | September 4, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Of course that should be site, not sight.

Preview, them post.

Posted by: jes is hanging her head in smame | September 4, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Re the BJ question, and I don't mean the discount club: because it means that you are being the anti-JLo in the selfishness department and making it all about them. I guess that makes men male JLos. (Liz, aren't we walking a little too close to the line here?)

Posted by: Red Dragon | September 4, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Preview, them post.

Posted by: jes is hanging her head in smame | September 4, 2008 12:46 PM

celinedion! can't even take my own advice.

Posted by: jes | September 4, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

(Liz, aren't we walking a little too close to the line here?)

Posted by: Red Dragon | September 4, 2008 12:46 PM

well you know, JLo says herself that "kissing is a gateway drug" and as could be predicted, the lizards walked right on through.

Posted by: hodie | September 4, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Note to self: Do NOT eat the brownies at J-Lo's coffee shop.

Posted by: M Street | September 4, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

I would like to hear what Donna and Cecilia have to say about this topic. I respect their views on parenting, and seem to have similar ideals and values, as we are suburban, upper-middle class parents.

Posted by: Nancy | September 4, 2008 9:57 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

A shelf-butt is a wonderful thing for a mom. I wonder if JLo sits a baby on there, like the African ladies do. Very convenient.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

The OP is the same big bag of b.s. every day - dumba$s parenting issues, struggles and problems (HEALTH CLUB today -LOL)- then brag, brag, brag. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Posted by: OP How 2 Handbook | September 4, 2008 1:25 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Why do men prefer bjs to . . . um . . . the usual?

Posted by: Inquiring Mind | September 4, 2008 12:38 PM

****

Posted by: byoolin thought they were just regular waitresses, you know? | September 4, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nancy | September 4, 2008 9:57 AM

as opposed to city dwelling ghetto slum inhabitants? what is that supposed to mean Nancy? you think you're all better than us?!?!?!?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

tl says:

"but I guess I kinda have to have J-Lo's back on this one. "

tl, you aren't implying that you have a major shelf bootie, are you?

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 4, 2008 11:30 AM

Unfortunately, no. My butt does seem to get bigger with every passing year (how does that happen?!), but not in a good way! :)

Posted by: tl | September 4, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

"Waitaminnit. So when I go to JoJo's in the Strip and order 'the usual' - eggs sunny, bacon, home fries, whole wheat toast - I could be getting something else? "

Obviously you should change your breakfast habits to frequent Aunt Sarah's House of Pancakes and Ill Repute. :)

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | September 4, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Back when our moms were on the market, they could tell right off the bat if the foxy soda jerk was unavailable because back then married men never went anywhere without their rings.

The pale band of skin is a sign he usually wears a band of gold on that left hand.

Not that a band of gold would necessarily keep a cad from straying (see also, "Mad Men's" Don Draper), but at least a lady could make an informed decision about whether or not she wanted to wander into "other woman" territory.

Nowadays, it's not so easy to tell who's taken. Lots of married men don't bother with rings and loads more just live with their significant others in a slightly more informal (though generally no less committed) cohabitation situation. I'll spare you the moralizing, but I'm here to tell you that being someone's girl on the side is a sucker's game.

So who's a lady to hit on? Not only is it harder to figure out who's on the market, a combination of factors -- namely the Internet and mobile phones -- have made it easier for the sneaky guy to disguise his relationship status. A reluctance to hand over the home digits used to be an immediate sign, but now everybody's got cell phones.

So here are some clues a woman on the prowl can look for:

1. The white stripe

There is possibly nothing cheesier on the planet than the married dude who slips his wedding ring into his pocket during a night out with the guys. Especially obvious during the summer months -- the pale white tan line is an obvious tell. Sure, you can let him buy you a drink, but wouldn't you rather bust his chops?

Don't Miss
How to stop dating Mr. Wrong
Dump your summer fling in 4 easy steps
Answer this before you move in together
2. He's too nice

This is not a slam on genuinely sweet single guys out there, but it's a proven fact that men who are otherwise engaged are approximately a bazillion times nicer to women they're trying to cheat with. They're full of compliments, cocktails and crap.

3. The invisible man

Men who won't post a photo of their face with their online personal ad will say they're just trying to be discreet (wouldn't want anyone at work to find out!) but nine times out of ten the only person he's trying to hide from is the woman who wakes up next to him each morning.

4. Friend-free zone

Don't you find it odd that the only one of his "friends" you met is that creep who hit on you the minute your man went to the loo? That's probably because he's too scared to bring you around his normal friends, who will either scold him for cheating or blow his cover.

5. TXT NLY

He's in constant communication with you -- but only via text. When you call him at night, he doesn't pick up, instead texting back, "WUT UP?" WUT UP is that he's sitting next to his real girlfriend or wife.

6. Disappearing dude

Even the smoothest operator needs to keep the home fires burning, so your relationship will be peppered with unexplained absences.

7. Homeless or husband?

If your new man always insists on going back to your place, chances are he's either shacked up with someone or (and this is possibly worse) still living with his parents. Mission abort!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

But CentrevilleMom, that JoJo's breakfast - WITH bottomless coffee - is only $4.95!!

And the home fries are ferpect!

Posted by: byoolin lets his cheepnis shine through. | September 4, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

I think Nancy would be happy to give you the "usual."

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

byoolin asks:

--------------------------------------------
Only if you ask for the head waitress.

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 4, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

We seem to have gotten way of track here... Anyway, I must also take J.Lo's side on this one. I think that photos of oneself while 9 months pregnant are very different from just any old photos. Had she decided on any given Tuesday to commission a book of photos of herself, then I would absolutely think she was arrogant beyond belief. But, under the circumstances, I think that having photos taken and making a book for her husband is a way to document an amazing time in their lives.

Posted by: Pebbles | September 4, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Why do men prefer bjs to . . . um . . . the usual?

Posted by: Inquiring Mind | September 4, 2008 12:38 PM

See what Mr. Anthony-Lopez is carrying in that picture? That's why.

Posted by: ADHD | September 4, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Why do men prefer ...

Posted by: Inquiring Mind | September 4, 2008 12:38 PM

See what Mr. Anthony-Lopez is carrying in that picture? That's why.

Posted by: ADHD | September 4, 2008 2:22 PM

Check out the answer on the OP blog by "clue" at 2pm.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

When it came to solutions to America's myriad problems, Palin was noticeably lacking. although she claimed to be as qualified as Obama to be president, Palin didn't tell us what exactly she would do as vice president, a job whose description she wasn't quite clear on just one month ago.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Anal Sex is the gift that keeps on giving.

Posted by: Is Liz really this dumb? | September 4, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

I vote we determine an appropriate punishment for all these blog-ateurs my proposal for your choices:

1. (Conservative Vote) They have to run the "walking only" accident prevention drivers ed program for high schools across the country and are required by law to use Carrot Top in their educational skits.

2. (Independent Vote) They have to play dodgeball for eternity: Diane Keaton, Woody Allen and Mariah Carey are on their team, and they always lose.

3. (Liberal Vote) They have to be the personal assistant to Celine Dion and tithe their payroll to fund Scientology until Ron Hubbard returns.

Posted by: LTL now that's what I call democracy | September 4, 2008 3:01 PM

Posted by: LTL openly admiting to crost-postinization - for educational purposes | September 4, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

that's "Cross-postinization" dagnabbit!

Posted by: LTL | September 4, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

This was intended to be equally mocking on all parties... no leanings, not right, not left not center...

Don't be too mad ep, I might nancy...

Posted by: LTL hopes ep's not too mad | September 4, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

i think the comment at 2:51 is true. more of you gals should give that gift.

Posted by: definitely anon for this | September 4, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

The book itself isn't bad if it is just for her husband, but knowing how well she thinks of herself, I would bet by Christmas this will be on the bookshelves.

Posted by: don't luvjlo | September 4, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

i think the comment at 2:51 is true. more of you gals should give that gift.

Posted by: definitely anon for this | September 4, 2008 3:14 PM

------------------------------
Only if you guys return the favor.

Posted by: anon for this, also | September 4, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Only if you guys return the favor.

Posted by: anon for this, also | September 4, 2008 3:19 PM

i dont get it. how would they return the favor?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

i dont get it. how would they return the favor?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 3:28 PM

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Look, Mrs. Palin, there are things that men like that women don't like to do and there are things that women like that men don't like to do. So if men want women to provide that "gift", then they should be prepared to return it.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin, you're a fellow western pennsylvanian! Only one JoJo's in the strip--and I'm pretty sure their coffee already tastes like booty.

Posted by: Imaburghertoo | September 4, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 3:49 PM

do women really want us to return the favor? i know we really want women to provide us with that "gift." help me out here guys!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Look, I get hiring a professional photographer and doing some glamour shots while pregnant, but a whole book? Puhlease. After her remarks about Michael Phelps--whose name she couldn't even remember--("why is everyone making such a big fuss over that swimmer? I'm training for a triathlon after giving birth to twins!") (gag) it is clear that this woman is a complete narcissist. No slack here.

Posted by: hermespal | September 4, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Imaburghertoo sez:

Curmudgeon sez:

Well, I guess that just goes to show that mom was right when she said, "Put that down! You don't know where it's been!"

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 4, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Imaburghertoo, you're right about JoJo's coffee, but somehow I actually like it.

For me, the breakfast place with the most booty-like coffee is Tom's Diner on the South Side - and it's got the added kicker that two cups of it have a dramatically laxative effect.

Posted by: byoolin | September 4, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

And when/if JLo actually competes in a triathalon, what do you bet it'll be one of those baby triathalons instead of the Iron Man?

(OK, I know I'm a total weenie and couldn't even do one of the baby triathalons. Heck, I can barely run around the block. But I don't go on national TV bragging on myself and slamming Michael Phelphs at the same time.)

Posted by: alex | September 4, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 4, 2008 4:07 PM

'mudge, do you give mr. mudge the "gift"???

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

To ALCON,

Mr Mudge always looked forward with a smile on his face to Christmas, (state and federal) government holidays, religious holidays, his birthday, and Ramadan.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 4, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Mudge, "looked"? Past tense?

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 4, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Mr Mudge is no longer with us.

Posted by: the Widder Mudge | September 4, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

I actually agree wiht JLo's comments about kissing.

Posted by: Ame | September 4, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

I also agree with JLo and kissing. I've been married for 18 years, and I'm still holding out. Is that why Mr. Possum spends so much time in the shower?

Posted by: possum | September 4, 2008 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Please excuse me for a monent:

I just figured out who Sarah Palin reminds me of . . .

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 4, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Mudge says:
"Please excuse me for a monent:

I just figured out who Sarah Palin reminds me of . . .

. . . Dr McCoy's medical assistant woman on Star Trek. She had the same hair-do only blonde."

Majel Barrett, the only person who had a role in every Star Trek series. Her best known role is as the computer voice.

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 4, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

"Mudge, do you think that Sarah Palin's voice sounds like the Star Trek computer?"

===========================================
no, her voice is nothing like the computer's.

The computer's voice was more pleasant.

The Star Trek computer also didn't continually poke the air with her pointer finger.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 4, 2008 5:37 PM | Report abuse

'Mudge her name was Nurse Chapel. By the way Majel Barret went by another name a well, Majel Roddenberry. Anyone guess how she got cast in the series?

Posted by: Dorkus wearing his red shirt | September 4, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Actually it wasn't the nurse.

There was another blonde woman on Star Trek whose beehive ahd a "wicker weave" in front.

That's the one I mean.

I'm still certain about the voice, though.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 4, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen I am a font of Trekkie trivia.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 4, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus says this about Majel Barrett Roddenberry:

"By the way Majel Barret went by another name a well, Majel Roddenberry. Anyone guess how she got cast in the series?"

The same way Nichelle Nichols did. See the last two sentences in

Posted by: Anonymous | September 4, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus says:
"Sas', you also forgot that she played Deanna Troi's mother in The Next Generation."

No I didn't. I do not know the correct spelling for her character's name. Luxanna? Lwaxanna? Other?

"Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen I am a font of Trekkie trivia."

Okay, Dorkus, for $400 and the lead in today's Jeopardy, the answer is
Mic Fleetwood.

Posted by: Sasquatch Trebek | September 4, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Mudge, I think you're thinking of Grace lee Whitney, who played Yeoman Janice Rand.

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 4, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Who is the drummer of Fleetwood Mack who appeared on ST:TNG as an Antedean wanting to blow up the summit.

Wow, it's sad I knew that.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 4, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Yesssss. That's the one! Grace Lee Whitney with the Sarah Palin hair-do.

Sasquatch Trebek sez:
"The Final Jeopardy Answer is . . . Yeoman Rand."

Mudge buzzes-in first and sez:
"Who is that person who had a hair-do like Sarah Palin?"

(the audience goes wild)

"And we have a new Jeopardy Champion: Mudge Curmudgeon."

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 4, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen I am a font of Trekkie trivia.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 4, 2008 5:43 PM

Uh, your name is Dorkus, now isn't it?

(Sorry about that, Dorkus. Someone had to jump that wide canyon!)

Posted by: Elias Howe | September 4, 2008 8:26 PM | Report abuse