Posted at 8:02 AM ET, 09/ 5/2008

Morning Mix: Lindsay Lohan Reportedly Turns Down Playboy Offer

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Lindsay Lohan turns down Playboy offer... In new book, Lynn Spears details daughter Britney's teen-aged boozing, sexing and drugging... Kanye West ends boycott of Video Music Awards; will close Sunday's show... Lance Armstrong says he doesn't date much... Naomi Watts shows off baby bump... Beyonce Knowles says she enjoyed gaining 20 pounds for movie role... Anthony Edwards returning to "ER" in final season... Akon appears to punch female fan at concert.

Crime Watch: Man who burgled Kirsten Dunst's hotel room gets 4 1/2 years in prison.

Rumor Mill: Carrie Underwood calls Jessica Simpson "fatter"... Amy Winehouse orders 48 bottles of Jack Daniels for weekend gig... Michael Phelps to get recurring role on "Entourage?"... Jewel's tour bus driver falls asleep at the wheel... Hugh Grant dating 27-year-old designer?

Say What?
"I think Alec should consider that some people in America may not want to watch a man who cusses out his own 11-year-old daughter on a phone message." -- Greg Garcia, creator/exec producer of "My Name Is Earl," responds to Alec Baldwin's assertion that "Earl" is "done."

---

It's back! Today at 2 p.m. ET, join the discussion of the first selection in the resurrected "Lost" Book Club: C.S. Lewis's "Prince Caspian."

By Liz Kelly  | September 5, 2008; 8:02 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: J. Lo: The Gift That Keeps On Giving
Next: Friday List: Celebrity Odd Couples

Comments

i'm BAAAAAAAAAACK.
and i'm FIIRST!
lohans rulez
linsey is the awsumist!
team linsey
team dina
team aly

Posted by: luvlinsey | September 5, 2008 8:50 AM | Report abuse

When your own mother writes a "tell all" book about you, now that is sad. As much as we love to snark about Britney, I feel terrible for her that her mother would chose to capitalize on Britney's mistakes and her own failed parenting.

Lindsay turns down playboy...Good for her. Maybe she is starting to grow up. 'Bout time.

Amy Winehouse orders 48 bottles of Jack Daniels? Wasn't there an article just two days ago saying she was brain damaged? I take it she is no longer hospitalized (for now). Wonder what it will take for her to hit rock bottom? Another sad story.

Posted by: hodie wishes she were Beyonce and would get paid for gaining weight | September 5, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Why would Playboy bother? Everyone's already seen it all anyway.

You'd know Lynn, since you pushed it all on her.

Wow, I guess Amy really is cutting back.

Posted by: EricS | September 5, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

i tolld all of u that linsey was a gr8 girrl and every1 said she was not goood. but see, she doessnt do thyngs like plaaayboi and shes won an oscar and gramy and emmy. so there!

Posted by: luvlinsey | September 5, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Oh, my work blocked the Jewel story. I hope noone was hurt.

Posted by: worried | September 5, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Lynn Spears' book on good parenting was scrapped so she decided to go the opposite way with a book highlighting how to be the worst parent ever. Way to play to your strengths Lynn!

Posted by: sjcpeach | September 5, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

A mom's "tell all" that narcs her own kid?

Mrs Spears, you are one classy tomato.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 5, 2008 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Oh, my work blocked the Jewel story. I hope noone was hurt.

Posted by: worried | September 5, 2008 9:03 AM

The article says no one was hurt and that they caught a ride home on Brad Paisley's bus. Jewel was performing with Brad in VA and the busses were heading back to TN. Jewel was not on the bus.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

From the Jewel bus driver blog in reference to those on board the Jewel bus getting on Brad Paisley's tour bus after the accident: "Brad is such a nice guy for lending a hand."

Yup. Shoooore is. If'n it wus me, Ida jest left em in that thar ditch. They cin make thar own way to the next show. Shoot.

Posted by: Sully | September 5, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Amy is planning quite the weekend, isn't she.

Why doesn't someone just buy her a gun and show her how to point it at her head?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 5, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

"She will be ... doing something so mind-bending, it'll probably make you want to start families with each other in a random, possibly Mormon, way,"

That Russell Brand is one funny bloke.

Posted by: Sully | September 5, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Lynn Spears makes Dinah Lohan look like a capable mother, but you know only in the sense that every other mother on the face of the planet had you know been excluded from this comparison.

I haven't really watched ER in a while but Dr. Green was always my favorite, maybe its because I still think of him as Goose and kept hoping that whenever a new patient would come in he'd say 'It's time to kick some tires and light some fires.'

Maybe Carrie Underwood should try not looking like a skeleton before she starts commenting on people's weight.

And Kanye, way to stick to your principles. Yeah you showed MTV.

I like Hugh Grant, but really how does he keep getting these incredibly attractive girls to go out with him? Is it the accent, the foppishness, his unbridled dorkiness? Please someone let me know.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 5, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Lynn Spears ought to be ashamed of herself. What is it with these mothers who don't protect their daughters? I'm no Britney fan, but she didn't deserve that.

Posted by: Sappho | September 5, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

On the one hand, LiLo turning down Playboy is a classy move. On the other, it means I still have to figure out a way to get a camera installed in her shower.

In new book, Britney Spears details mother Lynn's shameless peddling of her children's dirty laundry for profit.

Kanye West, talk to Akon - he may be able to help you out with crowd control.

Lance Armstrong says he doesn't date much... but when he does, he has a ball.

Ms. Underwood and Ms. Simpson need to know that nobody is interested in watching them call one another names. But if they're interested in each wearing one half of a Stars & Stripes bikini and wrestling in a tub of Nutella, and there's nothing good on tv that night, call me.

Amy Winehouse is really cutting back on the Jack since hubby went to gaol.

Jewel's tour bus driver falls asleep at the wheel... after ONE VERSE of "Who Will Save Your Soul."

Posted by: byoolin agrees that Earl seems 'done.' | September 5, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorkus | September 5, 2008 9:15 AM

Yes, yes and yes.

Posted by: Sully | September 5, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Britney is an adult. I don't give a rat's a$s if her mother writes a book. Get a life!

Posted by: Jake | September 5, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Amy Winehouse orders 48 bottles of Jack Daniel's for weekend gig.

Damn, Amy, I told you not to hide your crack in some JD. It just ruins the taste of Tennessee Sipping Whiskey.

(Elias inadvertently and shamefully admits that he sold a centrifuge to Amy for the purposes of separating solids from its liquid carrier.)

Posted by: Elias Howe | September 5, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Why aren't Lindsay Lohan's 15 minutes up yet? Ick.

Posted by: jaybbub | September 5, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Why aren't Lindsay Lohan's 15 minutes up yet? Ick.

Posted by: jaybbub | September 5, 2008 9:31 AM

Add Lynne Spears and Amy Winehouse, too.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | September 5, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Suddenly, Britney's problems seem even more created by her mother than previously revealed.

Why, why, why would her mother write such a painfully explicit book about her young teenage daughter's sexual experiences? How does she even know? If she knew, why didn't she take her daughter away from all of the trash? Britney began drinking as a 13-year-old??

Sex when she was 14? I don't understand how the mother knows - how did the conversation go? "Mom, I had sex with that football player over there."

"Great job, honey!! More material for my book!"

How sad.

Posted by: Amelia | September 5, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

I don't know, I think hodie has a fair point. I'm certainly thankful my mom has kept some of those darker moments of my past to herself (you know, like that stolen candy bar when I was 5...).

Thanks, Momma!

Posted by: Sully | September 5, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

The only thing funnier than Jessica Simpson annoucing the "love of her life" in a magazine (definite sign of impending relationship demise) is Carrie Underwood calling her fat. This is like the best of high school - watching dippy blondes battle it out over the jock. And thanking God you're not either one of them.

Posted by: jaybbub | September 5, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

It's odd to present yourself as a maverick to the most partisan audience imaginable, as John McCain did Thursday night.
It wasn't that long ago that McCain was the Republican most admired among Democrats. But some of that glow has faded. He's certainly doing his best to regain some of that luster. He didn't talk much at all about divisive social issues: a brief reference to his support for life, no talk of gay issues, a brief reference to judges that don't legislate from the bench but no extended focus on social issues. That's not the core of his agenda.
But in a moment sure to be featured in campaign ads from now to November, he paid tribute to the sitting Republican president, George W. Bush.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Didn't Anthony Edwards' character die on ER? Just how is he coming back?

Posted by: bahston | September 5, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I feel sorry for Justin Timberlake, all this time thinking that Britney had waited for him, only to now realized that he got beat to the punch by a "football stud".

By the way who says : surrendered her chastity", or "football stud"? Has he been put out to pasture for the sole purpose of breeding more football players?

Posted by: Dorkus | September 5, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

In the Michael Phelps link (of course I looked at it), is it just me or does Michael look an awful lot like Andre the Giant with a buzz cut standing next to Kevin Connolly?

Posted by: Sully | September 5, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Didn't Anthony Edwards' character die on ER? Just how is he coming back?

Posted by: bahston | September 5, 2008 9:38 AM

It's a flashback or dream or something.

Posted by: Dallas anyone? | September 5, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

The Akon concert was in Guyana, which is in South America, not South Africa. I know it doesn't really matter, but as a native of Guyana, it is a pet peeve of mine. Do you know how many people have tried to tell me I'm mistaken when I say it's not in Africa? I mean, geez...
Luv ya, Liz

Posted by: sorry to nitpick, but... | September 5, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

This Lynne Spears book makes me want to vomit. Britney and Jaime Lynn never stood a chance of becoming decent women with a trash mother like that.

Maybe Lance doesn't date because most women wise up to the fact that he's a complete asshat. And no Lance, not everyone has a "type". Far too limiting.

Posted by: jelo | September 5, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Didn't Anthony Edwards' character die on ER? Just how is he coming back?

Posted by: bahston | September 5, 2008 9:38 AM

It's a flashback or dream or something.

Posted by: Dallas anyone? | September 5, 2008 9:41 AM

****

I'll bet it's the kid from St. Elsewhere with another snow globe.

Posted by: byoolin | September 5, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

In McCain's attempt to fire up the Republican base without losing his "maverick" image, calls for reform have come to mean a pledge to "change" Washington -- with little explanation of what that change would be or how that change would take effect. Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (D), a prominent Obama ally, questioned Palin's stated goal of battling earmarks when as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, she hired a Washington lobbyist to secure millions of federal dollars for pet projects. Obama spokesman Bill Burton said that would be only an opening salvo. "If your case that you're a reformer is based on a complete fabrication, we're going to make sure the American people know the truth," he said.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Pallin=Lynne Spears.
both exploiting their daughters
not taking care of their family
thinking of their careers instead.

Pallin/Spears/McCain
Republican crap
Family Values Hypocrites

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Quoting from the NY Daily News on Lynn Spears' book: "By age 16, Britney's wild-child behavior stunned her family when she was caught with cocaine and marijuana..." But two-time Parent of the Year award-winner Lynn couldn't bring herself to have her minor child committed to an inpatient drug treatment facility?

Further proof that there should be a licensing exam for procreation.

Posted by: BxNY | September 5, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

darn you, byoolin! You had to go for the St. Elsewhere reference before anyone else had a go....

Posted by: Groovis | September 5, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Or waking up in bed with your wife in Chicago....

Posted by: Elias Howe | September 5, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

I'm imagining Sherry Stringfield waking up in bed and hearing the shower running...

Posted by: Dorkus | September 5, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

seriously, the republicans are a bunch of white trash hypocrites. they preach family values and then we find out that they're all having affairs, gambling their money, using drugs, or are geigh.

Posted by: repub's suck | September 5, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Yeah Jake,I know Britney is an adult. I have no problem with tell alls from a so called friends or exes, but from your own Mother??? I'm sorry that's lower than low. No matter what age your children are, you don't turn on them. What happened to unconditional love? Ok, I'll admit that's sappy but nothing my kids will ever do would make be do that to them. Glad I'm not in your family.

Posted by: hodie | September 5, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorkus | September 5, 2008 10:11 AM

Hah! So she goes into the bathroom and Dr. Green turns around in the shower and cheerfully says "Good morning!"

I remember arguing and arguing with my father to let me stay up to watch the "Who Shot J.R.?" episode. After weeks of pestering, he finally relented. My best friend came over and we camped out in front of the tv with our sleeping bags and Mom let us have fudge ripple ice cream. Oh, to be young and innocent again.

Posted by: Sappho | September 5, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

In the last scene of the ER series finale, Goose wakes up next to Maverick to tell him about this really weird dream he's had. He was a Doctor in a poorly run Chicaco Hospital and there were all these odd characters...

Posted by: jes | September 5, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Ugh. Can't we have a Friday truce?

Posted by: Rep. and PROUD. | September 5, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jes | September 5, 2008 10:21 AM

After which Maverick tells him to go back to bed. A minute later Maverick turns the light back on and says "What do you mean beautiful blond?"

Posted by: Dorkus | September 5, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Wow, there must be some baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad blood amongst the Spears clan. It's not like we didn't know that the public face the markets but on Britney wasn't a total fraud, but wow. Shouldn't her managers be charged with aiding and abetting in the deliquency of a minor, among many other things?

FWIW, Playboy is generally considered at least somewhat classy. Nudie pics aren't their only product.

Posted by: EricS | September 5, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Ugh. Can't we have a Friday truce?

Posted by: Rep. and PROUD. | September 5, 2008 10:28 AM

Agreed.

Posted by: Dem. and PROUD. | September 5, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: EricS | September 5, 2008 10:32 AM

****************************************

The articles are very well written, from what I'm told.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 5, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorkus | September 5, 2008 10:11 AM

But wasn't Dr. Green married to that british doctor when he died? And didn't they have a baby?

What I thought was hilarious about "Dallas" and the whole Bobby dying being a dream, is that on the crossover show "Knots Landing", Val named one of her twins after Bobby after his "death".

Posted by: jus' saying | September 5, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, your mother knows you are out of control, but lets it continue in order to keep the cash rolling in. Then, when the money slows, uses the facts learned during that out of control period to write a tell-all book. The exploitation of this kid just continues.

Parents, your job is to raise your children and provide for them. Not the other way around. If you are living off your kid(s), you are officially out of the running for any Parent of the Year Awards. You don't even have to Heigl your name.

Posted by: ep | September 5, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

but should goose wake up next to Maverick, it would because Maverick is jumping from bunk to bunk..

Posted by: unmute | September 5, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ep | September 5, 2008 10:34 AM

Unfortunately some group in Long Island broke this rule by naming Dina (what d'ya mean I have four kids?) Lohan 'Mother' of the Year.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Hey ep, you watching the Dallas game this weekend?

Posted by: Dorkus | September 5, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jus' saying | September 5, 2008 10:33 AM

Were they married? Or just shacking up? What always got me was all the people in the medical profession (i.e. should know better, have access to services, and Rx's) and they were all knocked up! Yeah, I know it was a TV show, but come on. Think of all the unwed nurses and doctors in the ER!

Posted by: Gave up on ER about that time... | September 5, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Ugh. Can't we have a Friday truce?

Posted by: Rep. and PROUD. | September 5, 2008 10:28 AM

what are you proud of? the past 8 years of this country going to the crapper? the hypocritical family values preaching the repub's do? the tanking of our economy? record oil prices? rising unemployment? the loss of civil liberties?

yeah SOOOOOOOOOOOO much to be proud of!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

yeah SOOOOOOOOOOOO much to be proud of!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 10:41 AM

The previous 8 years started it.

I have a job, I pay my mortgage and bills on time, I have a new car -- the economy's doing fine for me.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, if I get it. One of the many things I hate about living in DC is that I don't always get the Dallas games. Predicted last night's game right though.

Dr. Green married Dr. Corday. They had a whole show about the trials and tribulations of Green trying to get to the wedding on time through a Chicago flood.

Britney's dad is not off the hook either here. He apparently knew what was going on and did nothing. He only recently stepped up to the plate to control the outflow of money to anyone but the family.

Posted by: ep | September 5, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Elizabeth and Mark did get married, either right before or after Ella was born (not sure how or why I know that name). It's going to be in flashbacks.

Posted by: MGC | September 5, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MGC | September 5, 2008 10:48 AM

It was before, I remember that she was very pregnant at their wedding. I'm asmamed that I remember this, I can barely remember my own address.

Posted by: jus' saying | September 5, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

yeah SOOOOOOOOOOOO much to be proud of!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 10:41 AM

The previous 8 years started it.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 10:44 AM

you mean the previous 8 years of economic boom in this country? no deficits? stock market going up? employment up? oil prices down? yeah, the democrats gave us a great 8 years. republicans have washed it down the toilet. and thats just economically. are you still proud of the loss of civil liberties? the hypocritical family values preaching? i notice you didnt address that.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I stopped watching er when Dr Green delivered a baby by csection in the ER. Got a little too ridiculous for me. Now if you want a really good medical drama, I suggest House. Love that guy. He is a champion snarker!

Posted by: hodie | September 5, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Take the political argument outside, please.

Posted by: Sully | September 5, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

As alluded to in one of those posts above that I shouldn't be reading, I believe Lynn Spears is putting her hat in the ring as a future Vice Presidential candidate.

She's got years of experience as a business manager, a crisis manager, a health care advisor and a media consultant. She's been at war with the paparazzi for years, so she's got combat experience too.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | September 5, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

not to further the political discussion, but lynne spears and pallin DO look alike. and they both have messed up daughters. mccain should have picked lynne as his VP. we coulda had britney entertaining at the inagural balls!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Take the political argument outside, please.

Posted by: Sully | September 5, 2008 10:58 AM

As long as you let me have your "gift." hahahahahaah.

Posted by: j stryker | September 5, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

And, Anonymous Political Commentators, don't let the door hit you on the backside on your way out.

Posted by: BxNY | September 5, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Well, ep I'll root twice as hard just in case you can't watch it.

Alright I'm out for the weekend. time to head to Dallas to watch the Rangers lose.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 5, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BxNY | September 5, 2008 11:08 AM

wow, are you offering up your "gift"?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Awww, forget Hugh Grant, he's an amateur. I want some of whatever Ron Wood is taking!

Posted by: Bob S. | September 5, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

luvlinsey

You've had your quota of attention from this blog today!

Please use your unexpected free time to learn how to write above the 4th grade level. Thank you.

Posted by: Shut up luvlinsey | September 5, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Anthony Edwards returning to ER -- I always thought of the "Revenge of the Nerds" guy when I watched, not "Top Gun" guy.

I am sure he's proud of that movie!

I had stopped watching ER too because it was getting to be too much.

Posted by: anonymous lurker | September 5, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

I'm completely seeing through Hugh Grant's little ruse. His 27 year-old designer friend is his ticket into the world of high fashion, where he can meet other men who share his interests.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | September 5, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

perhaps if the republicans werent so greedy and oil hungry, we wouldnt have gone into iraq. which has left us with thousands of injured soldiers, thousands of dead american kids, and trillions in debt. oh and also left us even more exposed to terrorism, and made us take our eye off afghanistan, who actually ATTACKED us. good ol' bush and the rubber stamp repubs!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:29 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

luvlinsey

You've had your quota of attention from this blog today!

Posted by: Shut up luvlinsey | September 5, 2008 11:23 AM

u r just jelus bc linsey is the best and hsa won oscars and gramys and emys and everything and every1 lovves her. she's lyke my sistr and i'll difend her 4evr.

Posted by: luvlinsey | September 5, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Agree with so many of you that Momma Spears is, and has evidently long been, beyond contempt. The worst of it may be that she seems to have gotten her vicarious ya-yas off from Britney's wild behavior, rather than trying either to control her underage daughter or get her the professional help she needed.

Re Jewel's bus: no one was hurt and they caught a ride home on Brad Paisley's bus.

byoolin, isn't Paisley regarded as a pretty good guy up in your neck o' the woods?

Lance Armstrong says he doesn't date much...

Well, some of us wouldn't consider him that much of a prize even if he asked.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | September 5, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I'd much rather luvlinsey than the trolls.

Posted by: lurker | September 5, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Lance Armstrong says he doesn't date much...

Well, some of us wouldn't consider him that much of a prize even if he asked.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | September 5, 2008 11:38 AM

dont lie. you know you'd give him your "gift" if he asked.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: luvlinsey | September 5, 2008 11:35 AM

luvlinsey, I believe you are mistaken Lindsay Lohan has never EVER won an Oscar, Emmy or Grammy, but she has won many other awards such as, a Teen Choice Award and MTV Movie Award and of course the Razzie. Those are good too.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jelo | September 5, 2008 9:48 AM

Get a life!!! If you really cared, you would do more than spout off on the Net! Grow up!

Posted by: Sheesh | September 5, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: luvlinsey | September 5, 2008 11:35 AM

SHUT UP!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sheesh | September 5, 2008 11:49 AM

wha-evs.

Posted by: jelo | September 5, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

PLAYBOY????? Thats just sooooo gross!!!! My BROTHER used to read that FLITH and NOW LOOK AT HIMEN JAIL!!!!! Good ferNOTHING!!! and WHY? Becuase of LILO and her BOOBIESQ!!! Got stuck SHOPLIFITING a PLAYBOY nowin JAIL!! I will NEVER visit that man. I lOVE THE CLEAN AND PURE JEN!!! SHE DRINKS SMARTWATER!!! so she will NEVeR end up llike a scumbag robbor like my IIDIOT BORTHER!!
Lilo had a terible, terible childhood and we should amybe fel bad about it, but JEN""S DAD was an ACTOR and JEN IS WONDRFUL AND GR8T!!!!!!!!!!!!!HUGS TO JEN!!!

Posted by: luvjen | September 5, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

luvjen, unless your brother lives in a state with a 3 strikes law, no one goes to jail for shoplifting a magazine. I do think you're leaving something out.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

But they are Greg, they are.

Posted by: Baby Jane | September 5, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Main post coming up soon. Sorry for the delay. Stay tuned. Technical problems on this end. Ahem.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | September 5, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Don't worry, Liz, it happens to the best of us occasionally.

Posted by: Nosy Parker awaits with bated breath | September 5, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

I believe the correct phrase is

"Don't let the door hitcha where the good l*rd splitcha"...

Posted by: LTL | September 5, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Meanwhile, there's this:
Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson are reportedly going to make another "Ghostbusters" sequel.

Posted by: Nosy Parker bides her time | September 5, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Lance Armstrong says he doesn't date much... Yeah, it's not like he's John Mayer.

Posted by: jes | September 5, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Hmm, haven't been reading Celebritology for several days because the political columns have been kind of scratching that itch...

And I'll really try to leave the politics out of this post, but In today's Names and Faces column in Style, Young Jeezy weighs in on the campaign. And he thinks Barack Obama is the Young Jeezy of politics.

There. Someone had to say it.

Posted by: epony | September 5, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

How does Beyonce keep getting acting gigs? She is awful...just awful. Not to mention her voice is no where near as strong as Etta James, who is 100 times the singer Beyonce will ever be. arrrrgh!

Posted by: Baffled | September 5, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Do most Americans really care more about personality than policy? I mean, folks are going gaga about Palin without really knowing what she actually stands for and how it will affect their life. I have to say this is very clever marketing by the Republicans (the moose shooting, sweet talking, reform toting ex-beauty pageant hockey mom with a hunky husband to boot) but it is also what make most people cynical about politics. At least Obama and Biden aren't afraid to talk about policy while the McCain crowd is all to eager to make it about biography.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

anon@12:45 you make some really valid points, but THIS IS NOT THE VENUE FOR THEM!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Playboy making an offer to a celeb to pose for their magazine has become just a publicity stunt. They know the person would never accept but it gets them mentioned in the papers. I'm sure in the coming days we'll read about them making an offer to one of the U.S. volleyball Olympians or gymnasts.

Posted by: Cleveland Brown | September 5, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

I believe the correct phrase is

"Don't let the door hitcha where the good l*rd splitcha"...

Posted by: LTL | September 5, 2008 12:31 PM

Another variation is, "Don't let the door hit ya where the dog shoulda bit ya."

Posted by: Arlington, VA | September 5, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Has Playboy ever asked Sarah Palin?

Posted by: jus' wondrin' | September 5, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Why should they accept when the Washpo has already published:

Posted by: Uh, why? | September 5, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

byoolin, isn't [Brad] Paisley regarded as a pretty good guy up in your neck o' the woods?

Posted by: Nosy Parker | September 5, 2008 11:38 AM

***

He is very popular here - they've even renamed Sixth (or possibly Eighth) Street in Glen Dale, WV after him.

My tangential brush with Celebrity is that the dad of one of The Kid's best friends was Brad's manager early in his career.

Posted by: byoolin | September 5, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I believe the correct phrase is

"Don't let the door hitcha where the good l*rd splitcha"...

Posted by: LTL | September 5, 2008 12:31 PM

Another variation is, "Don't let the door hit ya where the dog shoulda bit ya."

Posted by: Arlington, VA | September 5, 2008 12:56 PM

Hey y'all, thanks for the clarifications. I'm from the Bronx, we're usually a bit more colorful, but I'm doing the best I can to keep my vocabulary down to PG-13.

Posted by: BxNY | September 5, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

For JLo to make good on not letting the door hit her bootie on her way out, wouldn't it have to be an extra large door?

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 5, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Palin is a gift to SNL. Think of the sketch possibilties:

"Will and Grace " - Karen is played by "Palin".

"Bewitched" - Gladys Kravitz is played by "Palin".

Any kind of Tina Fey thing - Tina Fey is played by "Palin", who is played by Tina Fey.

Posted by: Tee hee | September 5, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Let's remake Gilligan's Island with Sarah P. as Mary Anne. Maybe Ginger will finally kill her.

Posted by: possum | September 5, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Judging and bragging is what the OP is all about. Pay attention!

Posted by: LOL | September 5, 2008 1:11 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Remember that SNL's new season starts in mid-October.

With any luck, SNL will only get two or three chances to do Palin sketches before she's consigned to the dustbin of history. Or possibly an actual dustbin.

Posted by: byoolin | September 5, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Amy Wine-o orders 48 bottles of Jack Daniels for weekend gig -- so what are the other guests drinking?

Why would anyone ask LiLo to pose for Playboy? She's already shown her all to the entire world.

A world which is in serious trouble when Playboy is considered even "somewhat" classy. Oy.

Posted by: Californian | September 5, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

which one of you posted on the OP blog as
"Full of baloney" at 1:24 PM ????

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

which one of you posted on the OP blog as
"Full of baloney" at 1:24 PM ????

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 2:00 PM

Me.

Posted by: Tee hee | September 5, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

which one of you posted on the OP blog as
"Full of baloney" at 1:24 PM ????

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 2:00 PM

Me.

Posted by: Tee hee | September 5, 2008 2:09 PM

So is that true for you ;)
hahaha

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: possum | September 5, 2008 1:41 PM

LOL! Palins goofy husband could play Gilligan, the rest of the space cadets could fill out the cast. The preggers daughter could play the Skipper!!!!!!

Posted by: Tee hee | September 5, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Correction: Palin's goofy husband...

Posted by: Tee hee | September 5, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: for Tee Hee | September 5, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: for Tee Hee | September 5, 2008 2:23 PM

Thanks, but I can't stand Phelps or his nitwit mother.....

Posted by: Tee hee | September 5, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

luvlinsey, how do you feel about your girl smooching another gal? here's a pic!

Posted by: to luvlinsey | September 5, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

which one of you posted on the OP blog as
"Full of baloney" at 1:24 PM ????

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 2:00 PM

Me.

Posted by: Tee hee | September 5, 2008 2:09 PM

So is that true for you ;)
hahaha

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 2:12 PM

TeeHee, so do you "watch tv" or not? inquiring minds want to know!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Cool WaPo blog crossovers today. Does the Achenblog ever crossover? The Food blog?

Has Richard Belzer as John Munch (The King of crossovers - same character on 9 different series) played the Celeb blog?

Posted by: Tee hee | September 5, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

And once again you spell my first name wrong, Liz Kelly. Honestly, you do it every, single, frickin' time. Lynne. L-Y-N-N-E. Why is this so hard?!

Posted by: lynne spears | September 5, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

the OP blog is quite interesting today.

Posted by: oh snap! | September 5, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lynne spears | September 5, 2008 2:49 PM

Hey Lynne,

Why was it so hard to name one of your daughters without mixing in your name (different spelling - wow!)and her father's first name? Huh? Was the strain of popping out that baby too much for your brain?

Posted by: Tee hee | September 5, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

The sounds of silence

Posted by: simon & garfunkel | September 5, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lynne spears | September 5, 2008 2:49 PM

You wh*red your daughters out to Disney and Nickelodeon, one married a gold digging back-up dancer the other became a teenage mother and the mispelling of your name is what upsets you? Priorities, woman, priorties. A missing "e" is the least of your problems.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Divorce papers reveal Hulk Hogan's net worth
September 5, 2008
3:13 p.m. ET

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- Hulk Hogan and his estranged wife are wrangling over how much money the celebrity wrestler is worth.

According to financial affidavits filed in divorce court near Tampa, Florida, Hogan claims his net worth is $32 million; his wife claims it's $26.7 million.

Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, reports that he's spending $38,000 a month on legal fees. Linda Bollea reports spending $7,000 on clothing, $7,500 on maid service and about $1,700 on jewelry each month.

The couple's quarreling over money comes as their son, Nick, is serving an eight-month jail sentence for causing a traffic crash that left a passenger permanently disabled.

Posted by: Associated Press | September 5, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

people, seriously, check out the last couple of comments on the OP blog. i dont think it can get any worse.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin --

Just FYI -- SNL returns next Saturday.

Sorry.

Posted by: SatchelFan | September 5, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Satchel, you're right! The first new one of the season is on the 13th, with our favourite comedian, Michael Phelps (or, as I've been calling him ever since I read that article in the Wall Street journal, "Maikeer Feierpusi").

I'm interested to see his arah Palin impression.

(http://www.wsj.com/article/SB121907335804349809.html?mod=most_emailed_day)

Posted by: byoolin stands corrected. | September 5, 2008 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Er, that would 'SatchelFan,' and 'Sarah' Palin.

The Maikeer Feierpusi is what it is, though.

Posted by: byoolin sits down and corrects his correction. | September 5, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

HA! I just got matched to Lindsey by some website called CelebClone.Com. Has anybody else tried it? Pretty wild.

Check it out if you want to have celebrities exposed as your clone!

Posted by: Lawrence | September 6, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse