Posted at 8:25 AM ET, 09/ 3/2008

Morning Mix: Lindsay Lohan Calls Palin Controversy 'Distracting'

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Lindsay Lohan uses MySpace to advise GOP VP nominee Sarah Palin... George Clooney raises beaucoup bucks for Obama at Geneva fundraiser... Jon Voight attends GOP convention... David Letterman says he wants to keep doing late night through 2010... Jennifer Aniston to play stalker on "30 Rock" episode... Joan Rivers says Angelina Jolie is "beautiful, but stupid"... Tiger Woods and wife expecting second child... Sandy "Pepa" Denton details violent relationships in new book... Paris Hilton says party lifestyle left her "empty"... "Smokey and the Bandit's" Jerry Reed dead at 71... Movie trailer voice Don LaFontaine dies... Cameron Diaz and Paul Sculfor get close at U.S. Open.

Crime Watch: Surfers charged with battery for defending Matthew McConaughey from paparazzi.

Rumor Mill: Hoping to break in to the lucrative kid actor field, K-Fed taking toddler sons to casting calls... "Gossip Girl's" Leighton Meester born in jail?... Anne Hathaway and Josh Lucas dating?... Eva Longoria baby bump watch continues to pick up steam.

Say What?
"I could still snort you under the table." -- On stage at London's GQ Awards, Elton John snaps at Lily Allen after she basically calls him an old man.

---

It's back! Join Jen Chaney and me on Friday at 2 p.m. ET to discuss the first selection in the resurrected "Lost" Book Club: C.S. Lewis's "Prince Caspian."

By Liz Kelly  | September 3, 2008; 8:25 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Campaign Watch: Diddy Obama Blog No. 16
Next: Comment Box: In Which We Fail (Again) to Explain Carrot Top

Comments

This is almost painful to say, but...I might agree with LiLo. What *does* a pregnant teenager have to do with international politics, anyway?! Also, interesting how the MSM interprets things...if the content of Lindsey's blog post is as described in the blurb, it's hardly 'sounding off' at Palin.

Posted by: KS | September 3, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

"Joan Rivers says Angelina Jolie is 'beautiful, but stupid.'" In other words, Angelina is 1-for-2 while Joan is 0-for-2. If Joan plays the 'talented' or 'intelligent' cards, she'll be in a very deep hole going into the final round of the match.

RIP, Jerry Reed. Everyone else here quoted his best lyrics yesterday, so I won't.

DON LAFONTAINE [VOICEOVER]: In a world where movie trailer voice Don LaFontaine has died, who will pick up the pieces? Who will speak for the Coming Attractions? Only one man.

CUT TO

BOBCAT GOLDTHWAIT: Aaaaaaa-aaa-aa- movie! Aaa- there- there- there's a guy, aaa-a-aaaaa!

Nice shot at Lily, Elton. Did you also tell Her Majesty that you're still a bigger queen than she ever was?

Lindsay Lohan wrote, "we are taking the focus off of getting to know Sarah Palin and her political views, and what she can do to make our country a less destructive place."

Thanks, LiLo. What the hell are we supposed to do with this? It's calm, it's sensible, rational and even spelled correctly. I got nothin'.

"Brewster Rockit: Space Guy" predicts our future in this strip from a couple of weekends ago. http://www.gocomics.com/brewsterrockit/2008/08/24

Posted by: byoolin | September 3, 2008 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Per Joan Rivers: Please - that's just her act. Long before she was trashing celebrities, she was a modified insult comic. Elizabeth Taylor used to be her target.

I found the other pictures on the Lily Allen/Elton John page more interesting. I know Elle McPherson was "The Body" and still is, but hey, it was nice to see that Jerry Hall has embraced eating in her old age. She just needs to work less at looking like Kathleen Turner in Peggy Sue Got Married.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | September 3, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

That was supposed to be "long before Joan Rivers was trashing celebrities on the red carpet"... It's chilly out here in the upper Midwest this morning...

Posted by: Chasmosaur | September 3, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Um...Lindsey Lohan's making some sense. Plus, I've always loved Walking on Broken Glass. Dammit, Lilo! Go back to your crazy mess of a self.

Posted by: Sully's expects this to happen in 3...2...1... | September 3, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Appologies, "Lindsay".

Posted by: Sully | September 3, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

The fun thing about Ms Bristol's pregnancy is not the political angle but rather a case of loving it when rightous people get their comuppance.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 3, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Yeesh! Jerry Hall looks like Bette Davis in "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?"

Posted by: ncmojo | September 3, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

byoolin beat me to the punch on the Joan Rivers and the Don LaFontaine comments.

Lindsay, way to go, that was articlate and well thought out. I've got nothing to say to it.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 3, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

I wish I could help my thoughts but I can't. I think that as progressive as we've become, between Juno and The Secret Life of An American Teenager, I don't think that the mom of a pregnant teenager has any place in the White House. This country blasted Lynn Spears when Jamie-Lynn got pregnant. Now they love Sarah and Bristol Palin for "choosing life". I promise you if Malia or Sasha Obama was pregnant John Imus would've probably called her "trifiling pregnant ho" and Barack Obama would've been hailed as all that is wrong with Black America. The fact that Sarah Palin chooses to be a working mom is great. However, I think that her family needs her a great deal. When teeange pregnancy occurs it's most times due to a lack of attention at home. I wish them the best. GO BARACK!!!!

Posted by: Goddess | September 3, 2008 8:03 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

-I like Lily Allen's dress too bad she ruined the look with her drunken behavior.

-Big deal,Leighton Meester has stupid relatives. who doesn't? As long as Leighton stays out the federal pen there is no story.

Posted by: Lisa1 | September 3, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

And Joan Rivers is...really SCAREY LOOKING.

Why doesn't she stop with the surgery?

Posted by: Amelia | September 3, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Amelia, in the Elton John article there is a link comparing Joan Rivers to Heath Ledger's Joker, you ought to check it out.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 3, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Do we really care what Lindsey says. She is just another working class mom. You can get a good look at her background at http://www.theveep.com they have many pictures and videos of her there too.

Posted by: Peter | September 3, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

What?! Has 'luvlinsey' been right all along, or is this like an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of typewriters and one of them eventually turning out War and Peace?

Posted by: m.a.t. | September 3, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Palin = white trash. thats the only reason mccain picked her. he wants the white trash vote.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 9:17 AM

AGREED. he did this to attract flyover country and pick up the trailor trash voters.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 9:32 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, I'm too scared to look at more pictures of Joan Rivers.

I don't understand how she has a job. Who wants to see her do anything? The picture made me cringe in pain as I imagined the knives.

Uh-oh, I'm sliding back into crying-with-Nancy territory! See what Joan Rivers has done.

I must go check out LiLo's insights into the political process! Hey, the ancients may have had Plato and Aristotle, but we have LiLo! Yea!

Posted by: Amelia | September 3, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

The reason why Palin's pregnant teenage daughter is relevant is because Palin and the Republicans tout their "morality" and "family values" as a reason why they are superior to Democrats. Palin is also a leading advocate of abstinence only. If she cannot teach her own daughter right and wrong how is she going to have the authority to lead the nation and our armed forces.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Yeah Joan, call us back when the UN starts talking to you about humanitarian issues.

Ahh Elton, thank you for reminding what rock stars used to do, and why we've lost so many of them.

Posted by: EricS | September 3, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Because the Palins don't believe in birth control, she could become pregnant in office. She could be pregnant right now. I'm not saying this is good or bad, it's just a comment.

Posted by: Meg | September 3, 2008 9:51 AM

republicans and their family values. they preach to all of us about how important family values are, and then we find out that that they're geigh (larry craig), big time gamblers (bennett), liars (cheney/gonzales), drunks (bush), corrupt (congressmen abramoff paid off) and adulterers (the louisiana senator and others).

Posted by: hypocrites | September 3, 2008 9:51 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Great now the sound of Bobcat doing a trailer voice over is stuck in my head. Thanks Byoolin.

It's good to know that Elton has a skill he can fall back on. Seriously, I hope Lily Allen pulls it together and soon.

Posted by: petal | September 3, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Great, now I can't even read a celebrity blog without politics intruding.

Posted by: just wonderful | September 3, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Off Topic, sort of - did anyone watch the new 90210 last night? I graduated when they did, so in theory, they are the same age that I am - scary thought! anyway, they had "Hannah Zuckerman-Velasquez", i.e. Andrea's kid on there for about a second, as a teenager. I know full well, that she had her in her freshman year, which would have been 1998, which makes her 10 and not in high school.

Sorry, sort of celebrity-related in a Lost way and just had to vent.

Posted by: Betty | September 3, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Meg | September 3, 2008 9:51 AM

Posted by: hypocrites | September 3, 2008 9:51 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 9:54 AM

Jefferson, Edwards, Clinton (Bill), McCreevey, USS Cole, WTC 93, Whitewater, Kennedy, Spitzer, etc.

Both parties have their problems. Get over it.

Posted by: Stop hijacking the blog. | September 3, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Just ignore the cut and pastes from the other blogs and read around them and commment around them. my hope is that once they are ignored whatever tool keep doing that will stop and our blog will be back to the way it used to be - full of snark and fun times! :)

Posted by: to just wonderful | September 3, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, sort of celebrity-related in a Lost way and just had to vent.

Posted by: Betty | September 3, 2008 10:02 AM

I watched a little of it, but couldn't get into it, probably because I can't stand Lori Loughlin or whatever her name is. Didn't they graduate from HS in 93 (watched some of the marathon Monday on Soapnet, yes I need a life)? So, Hannah could be 14 if she was born in 94.

And who's the father of Kelly's kid?

Posted by: WDC 21113 | September 3, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Just to get on my soap box for a sec: I just love how the evangalicals and repubs are saying how Palin "chose" to have a child with downs and how Bristol "chose" to have the baby and marry the baby daddy, which is ironic since they are trying to take away women's right to "CHOOSE". Ok, stepping off now. On to the snark...for as long as we keep hearing about Eva Longoria's "baby bump" shouldn't that kid be in college by now?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

You are totally right! I sometimes get the date I graduated high school and college confused! Thanks!

They have not said who the father is - they mentioned Brandon when Brenda rolled on in, but I think they are trying to keep it a secret. Erin Silver, David and Kelly's sister is also a character.

Okay, back to Celebritology!

Posted by: Betty | September 3, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Lilo has a point. The Palin pregnancy is distracting from examining her stand on issues.

As for Sarah Palin needing to be home with her kids, I would like to point out that the family HAS A STAY AT HOME PARENT. Mr. Palin stays home and looks after the kids. One parent works, one parent stays home.

Well, Britney Spears just moved ahead of K-Fed in the parenting stakes. She doesn't want her kids to go into show biz. He's dragging them to casting calls.

Wait, wait, wait. A year ago, Lilo and Britney would not have been the subject of good comments. Heck, if Paris Hilton is serious with her comment, that is 3 for 3. I believe that is a sign of the apocalypse.

Posted by: ep | September 3, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

The people posting about Palin aren't hijacking the blog. Liz made the issue her headline story!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Andrea's kid would be 14 or 15 - I was still in high school when she was "born". I've also heard that Dylan was the father of Kelly's kid. What is so funny is that is one of the most talked about topics of anyone who saw the show.

Posted by: MGC | September 3, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

I think I am just in denial that I could have a child that was 14 or 15 that I did not have while I was in high school!

Woo Hoo!! Class of 1993!!

Posted by: Betty | September 3, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Both parties have their problems. Get over it.

Posted by: Stop hijacking the blog. | September 3, 2008 10:02 AM

yeah but at least the democrats dont preach about "family values." they arent hypocrites like the republicans.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

I always knew that Lindsay was intelligent. Messed up. But smart if she could ever get her head straight.

P Diddy on the other, hand. Woah. Apparently I had given him way too much credit. He showed far less intelligence in yesterday's featured video blog than I had imagined. Wow.

Posted by: Roxie | September 3, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Play nice. Go easy on the political discourse or I may be forced to write about Carrot Top -- an over-correction to force us back on course.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | September 3, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

What a strange week! First all that weirdness surrounding the GOP convention; now the celebrity world is all topsy turvy. Britney makes good parenting decisions, Lilo issues a coherent statement about an important topic, and Paris admits her lifestyle is stupid.

But we needn't fret. We have a new trainwreck to watch and make fun of: Lily Allen is the new Lilo/Britney. What a great story.

Posted by: new england | September 3, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Research has shown that people who abuse animals abuse people. That's why it's troubling to me that Palin kills animals for fun and supports running dogs to death in the Iditarod.

Most women want animals to be treated humanely. Palin doesn't. There's something terribly wrong with Palin. She has ice water running through her veins. I shudder when I think about the cruel policies she'll support

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Eh. And if you ask me, I doubt the 4 month old boy is Sarah Palin's son anyways. I think it belongs to one of her two teenage daughters. Things just doesn't add up...

Posted by: farmhand, IA | September 3, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

I hear Palin thinks Carrot Top is funny and listens to Celine Dion on her Walkman cassette player. She also likes to watch Dane Cook movies while eating fresh-popped baby seal eggs.

Posted by: M Street | September 3, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

What happened to Celebritology?

Posted by: methinks | September 3, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

I confess I've spent entirely too much time thinking about this recently -- but as a conservative, Evangelical woman who works with fundies, I'm probably getting more exposure to this issue than the rest of you.

Palin set herself up to be judged on her behavior because of the double whammy of being "christian" and being female. here's how:
1. Many religious groups, including the Catholic church, where she was raised, found their social policies on a theological doctrine called the "seamless garment." this says in short that your positions should be consistent -- if you're in favor of outlawing abortion, you cannot also be in favor of the death penalty. You're either for life, or against it. there's a papal encyclical somewhere putting forth this view. In Evangelical circles, the common phraseology has to do with "surrendering your life to christ." the whole notion of values voters is based on the notion of a Christian amerida, where God has his hand on america. If He has made it possible for you to take office in order to serve Him, it is because you have submitted your life to serving His will -- your personal and your professional life. this is why a preacher can be fired for getting divorced, having an affair, etc. because in order to do your JOB, you have to have your house in order. In most Evangelical circles, your personal life is EXTREMELY relevant to how qualified you are to hold office. it's about integrity.

2. The old feminist doctrine has always told us that 'the personal is political.' In short, discrimination at home has repercussions in the work place, a feminist household is a social good that benefits the whole community, and people who are truly feminist treat women as equals in every area -- both at work and at home.

By simultaneously embracing the qualities of being christian and female and suggesting that as a the basis for voting for her (rather than her resume), she ASKED for this kind of scrutiny. she needs to get her house in order. It is relevant.

Posted by: sigh | September 3, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

The Republican Convention slogan is Country First.

How about, Family First?

Posted by: hmmm | September 3, 2008 11:04 AM

Middle america will love her.

Posted by: We love Sarah | September 3, 2008 10:54 AM

of course they'll love her. she's white trash! white trash ALWAYS supports other white trash.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 11:05 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Okay, sigh. Fine. But what's it got to do with Celebritology.

Posted by: methinks | September 3, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

---
Course you can, Sir. Elton. But the question of the day is could you snort Dame Helen Mirren under the table?

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | September 3, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Thank you, sigh. That was informative and lucid.
Also, Eva Longoria is totally pregnant. Look how fast her hair is growing.
And, wow, I'm 90210 generation and I have a freshman kid. It *is* weird.

Posted by: other liz | September 3, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Doesn't belonging to the Alaska Independence Party constitute TREASON?

Secession from the Union? Didn't we fight the bloodiest war in US history over that?

When people on the left want to challenge the Union, the right calls them traitors, and worse. When a right-winger does it, the Republicans paint her as a patriot. They can't even be consistent.

Posted by: no traitors for me | September 3, 2008 11:09 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

The funniest thing about 90210 is that the real Beverly Hills High School is at least 50 percent Persian students.

Posted by: Cleveland Brown | September 3, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cleveland Brown | September 3, 2008 11:19 AM

is there something wrong with Persians? i hope you're not being racist.

Posted by: anon | September 3, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Today has got to be the mother of all BKDs. See you tomorrow.

Posted by: Nosy Parker runs back to work in horror | September 3, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

JEN IS ON 30 ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! THE Only program with the GR8Test acters!!!!!! Yeah JEN!
I am having a PARTY when it is ON! ALl my firneds will get SMARTWATER with LITTLE umbellas!! Ands ICE CUBEES WITH JEN"S FACE ON!!! All kitti-cats and birdies ARE INVITED!!!!!!!!! AND I WILL BE SELLING MY JEN Sweatshirts!! Huh! AS IF I will even INVITE those Pampered CHIEF ladies down the road who are sujch SNOBSSSSSSSSSS!!!
IT WILL BE ME AN D JEN!!!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: luvjen | September 3, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Can we talk?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Ok, I'm trying to understand....Paul Sculfor breaks up with our lovely Jen b/c he can't handle the papparazzi. Now he hooks up with Cameron Diaz. How is that better? Is the number of photographers he finds daunting? Is 12 better than 50? Come on! What's the real reason?

Posted by: hodie | September 3, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Nothing wrong with Persian Americans but it is funny that in the make believe world of Hollywood they even made a fake version of themselves. The original was totally unrealistic but the new show at least has a token character named Navid.

Posted by: Cleveland Brown | September 3, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cleveland Brown | September 3, 2008 11:19 AM
=====
is there something wrong with Persians? i hope you're not being racist.

Posted by: anon | September 3, 2008 11:23 AM
=======
No, he's just pointing out that the TV Beverly Hills High is nothing like the real Beverly Hills High.

Frankly, I think a TV show with 50% Persians would be hysterical! Imagine--

"I spent spring break in Aspen. Where did you go?"

"We visted my grandmother in Tehran."

"Tehran? That's the new run at Telluride, isn't it?"

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | September 3, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

There's nothing wrong with Persians. There *might* be something wrong with a show that pretends they don't exist, and replaces them with white people.

Posted by: eesh | September 3, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

There's so much to the Jon Voigt article that I don't know where to begin. First, the revelation that Chris Farley has a brother named Kevin!

I know what Chris looked like and from the description Steven McEveety, the producer, gives us "Michael's never looked so good, for a bad guy," I can only assume Chris Farley = a cute Michael Moore.

Second, while I can visualize Farley as Moore, and Voigt as Washington, I'm not visualizing Kelsey Grammer as Gen. George Patton.

Third, who's the third spirit? I say it should be Whoopi Goldberg as Betsy Ross. Now THAT would be a parody worthy of my movie dollar!

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | September 3, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

methinks, I believe Celebritology is in danger of becoming Politology. (Or something.) Is it a full moon and/or eclipse?

"Cameron Diaz and Paul Sculfor get close at U.S. Open." I had no idea she golfed or played tennis. Who's winning?

byoolin, excellent crack about HRH Elton. More drinking on stage, I see; it's all John Mayer's fault. As for Lily saying, "I am 40 years younger than you and have my whole life ahead of me!" from the photos it looks more like 60.

Posted by: td | September 3, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Who the heck is Lilly Allen anyway???

Enjoyed the pics. Boris Johnson. Donald Trump. Separated at birth???

Posted by: hodie | September 3, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 10:11 AM

I was referring to the cut and paste posts from other blogs that are irrelevant to Lilo's comments -- I bet she isn't even registered to vote. And probably wouldn't even know how to vote or where to go to vote.

And ep (at least I think you're the other non-lib here) -- this is for you:

Posted by: re. the hijinks and hijacking | September 3, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Amen, Curmudgeon. Especially since that Sarah Palin, with whom I disagree on absolutely everything, preaches abstinence, no sex ed in schools, etc. How's that abstinence and no sex ed working out for ya now, Palin? Forcing your 17-year-old pregnant daughter to marry some pimply-faced high school student -- yeah, good idea.

Mr. Palin hasn't always stayed home. He is currently on leave from his job as an oil field worker. I'm guessing that was simply a political stunt, as Sarah Palin brought her 2- and 3-day old infants to the office with her when they were born.

And now back to our regularly scheduled Celebritology snarking, wasn't Cameron Diaz engaged to someone recently?

Given Joan Rivers' visage, she probably shouldn't be throwing stones about people being stupid.

I was struck by how much Angelina Jolie looks like Janice Dickinson in that photo. And that's not a compliment.

Posted by: Californian | September 3, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Enough about Cameron Diaz and that model. Let's talk about the link from there to the story about "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe.

* Lost his innocence to a much-older woman (whatever age that means)
* Wants to play a drag queen (how about The Elton John Story?)
* Wears too much eyeliner on the cover of Details magazine

Posted by: td says harry, nooooooo | September 3, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Those who support Palin, what do you make of her decision to travel by plane AFTER HER WATER HAS BROKE!

What doctor would really be OK with that? Advanced maternal age, the baby is already a known to have problems (baby's with Down's syndrom often have heart defects, etc.), water has broken and she is in labor-- and she is OK to go fly back to ALaska? What, is Texas really that much of a hell-hole for pre-natal care? Shockingly inconsiderate to her unborn child, to my eyes.

Posted by: smith | September 3, 2008 1:10 PM

"Surely it isn't your belief that feminism means voting for any woman over any man, regardless of her qualifications or ideological stances? "

why the blacks do it all the time. Obama gets the black vote despite the fact that few of them could tell you anything about him. Identity politics is the post and parcel of the democratic party. Gays,minorities,unions,feminists,leftists,enviromentalists etc.

Posted by: yes that's it | September 3, 2008 1:10 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Maybe that's because the Democrats' policies attend better to their political needs. Republicans, esp. their Supreme Court appointees and Justice Dept., tend to trample on those groups' rights.

Posted by: duh! | September 3, 2008 1:32 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin | September 3, 2008 8:49 AM

-------------------------------------------

Well, Byool', this Brewster Rockit is a metaphor for my current situation:

Posted by: Sasquatch: IT Guy | September 3, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Liz, I can't believe you didn't even mention that Tim Daly is hosting a chat on WP.com today! Too bad there's not a live video feed as well. YUM

Posted by: 98102 | September 3, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

When the legislature's in session, the Gov is required in Juneau, and the two younger girls (Willow and Piper) and now the baby go live in Juneau with her, while the older two, Track (now in the Army) and Bristol stay in Wasilla with their father. Got that? They stay with their father.

Posted by: Elmendorf | September 3, 2008 1:58 PM

Where did she get knocked up? In Narnia?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 2:02 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

When Bristol Palin goes clubbing, you can be sure that baby seals are involved.

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 3, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Slightly off topic, re., the list you posted has more than a few errors in it. Then again, it's Wikipedia. That is to be expected.

I think Paris ment that her partying lifestyle occasionally leaves part of her empty.

Posted by: EricS | September 3, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

_______________________________

Actually a lot of blacks in the last few election cycles were lured over to the republican ticket. i think it shows wisdom that they won't make that mistake again this year...

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 2:31 PM

So you're saying they're being lured by the dems? Can't they think for themselves???? LOL...

Posted by: I can play Anonymous too | September 3, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Tim Daly's chat is at 3:30 EDT today.

Posted by: luvwings | September 3, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Is Sarah Palin dating John Mayer or something? Has she been adopting kids from other countries? Why are we talking about her?

Posted by: Groovis, who has just tuned in, is confused | September 3, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Goodbye Jerry. No smokies in heaven. You and Elvis have a lot of catching up to do.

Posted by: Nobscotter | September 3, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Brangelina could have offered to adopt Bristol Palin's love-child.

Posted by: here's a thought | September 3, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Brangelina could have offered to adopt Bristol Palin's love-child.

Posted by: here's a thought | September 3, 2008 2:53 PM

And John Edwards'.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Is Todd Palin related to Michael Palin? Does he like to jump out at Sarah and say, "NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition"? Is this the reason for their rockin' sex life?

Posted by: possum | September 3, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Not sure what vapid Paris means when she said the clubbing lifestyle left her empty. Wasn't she always pretty much a vacuum?

Cameron Diaz sure gets around. I hope Paul Sculfor's shots are all current.

Liz sure made luvlinsey and luvjen happy today, didn't she?

Posted by: alex | September 3, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Sasquatch,
Haven't you learned your lesson yet? Something tells me you actually WANT us to come visit the lizards.

Posted by: Emily | September 3, 2008 2:53 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, but I don't believe that Lindsay wrote that. Even giving her credit for being smarter than she acts, it still smells like the work of a PR hack. I mean, come on: "focus on delivering some words and policy with stronger impact"? Does that sound like our beloved LiLo to you?

Disclaimer: I didn't read the actual blog, just the article.

Posted by: ADHD will be glad when this election is over | September 3, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Lets get back to Celebrities:

Posted by: 17 questions for David Boreanaz | September 3, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

I think you're correct, ADHD.

LiLo simply doesn't know big words like "impact" and "policy". Neither does Sam.

One last thought on the election: Do you think they're building those fences along our borders to keep us here if John McCain should win?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | September 3, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Dear Jen,

You can stalk me all you want. In fact, can I send you my garbage to get you started?

Sincerely,

ADHD

Posted by: ADHD | September 3, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe no one made the entirely too easy crack on Paris.
Paris "party lifestyle left me empty."

No, I bet you were filled quite often during your party life period.

Posted by: DW | September 3, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

The entire Palin family should move out of the Alaska governor's mansion and live in a doublewide. And most of you people should join them there. Trailer trash belongs in a trailer.

Posted by: Captain Dan | September 3, 2008 3:56 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe no one made the entirely too easy crack on Paris.
Paris "party lifestyle left me empty."

No, I bet you were filled quite often during your party life period.

Posted by: DW | September 3, 2008 4:13 PM

Sorry if i'm being slow, but I dont understand what that means.

Posted by: to DW | September 3, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Ugh, DW.

Here I was thinking of her empty head and you were going straight for the nether regions.

Posted by: alex is thru with pondering on paris | September 3, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

BTW, I had to look up Josh Lucas and I saw on Wiki that his birth name was Joshua Lucas Easy Dent Maurer. So, two more parents that need to be added to the "should be tasered" list.

Posted by: alex | September 3, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe no one made the entirely too easy crack on Paris.
Paris "party lifestyle left me empty."

No, I bet you were filled quite often during your party life period.

Posted by: DW | September 3, 2008 4:13 PM

anyone? can someone explain? i dont get it!!!!!!

Posted by: to DW | September 3, 2008 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Joshua Lucas Easy Dent Maurer.

Easy, wtf that makes Zuma seem ok.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Not to worry, "No thanks," the Captain is not after you. The Captain is content to wait until Bristol Palin gets her divorce at age 19 before visiting her trailer.

Posted by: Captain Dan | September 3, 2008 5:06 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

anyone? can someone explain? i dont get it!!!!!!

Posted by: to DW | September 3, 2008 4:53 PM

If you don't get this obvious joke, no amount of explaining will help you. Just move on.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 3, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse