Posted at 7:45 AM ET, 09/25/2008

Morning Mix: PETA Asks TomKat to Keep Suri Fur Free

By Liz Kelly

Lindsay Lohan (right) and Samantha Ronson at a preview of Disneyland's 'HalloweenTime' celebration. (AP)
Thursday

Headlines: PETA asks TomKat to keep Suri fur free... Alec Baldwin promotes custody battle book... Lindsay Lohan says her dad needs more meds... Charlize Theron slams "The Hills"... Judge orders T.I. to pay more child support... Johnny Depp and Tim Burton reteam for "Alice in Wonderland"... Natalie Portman splits from musician boyfriend... Ted McGinley booted from "Dancing With the Stars"... Britney Spears sports bobbed brunette wig... David Blaine finishes his latest stunt... Kirk Cameron ("Growing Pains") says he won't kiss on screen... Aerosmith's Steven Tyler sues online imitators... Fire destroys Ludacris's Atlanta pool house.

Crime Watch: Hulk Hogan's son to leave jail three months early.

Rumor Mill: Drew Barrymore spotted making out with "Gossip Girl's" Ed Westwick... Amy Winehouse billed for vomiting on designer duds... Lindsay Lohan returning to her former partying habits, says tabloid.

Say What?
"Wow, that's a shock. It's like being told Santa Claus isn't real -- unbelievable." -- Simon Cowell responds to news that former "Idol" Clay Aiken is gay.

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's Celebritology Live discussion.

---

2008 Lizzies

Get your entries in now for the first ever Celebritology Honors Fan Art Competition. The deadline for submissions is today at 3 p.m. ET!

By Liz Kelly  | September 25, 2008; 7:45 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Reality Check: Cloris Leachman's Overexposure
Next: Creative Captioning: Rear View Reality

Comments

People Eating Tasty Animals

Posted by: I know what it really stands for! | September 25, 2008 7:59 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for not having a visual with the Amy Winehouse story.

Posted by: possum | September 25, 2008 8:08 AM | Report abuse

Let's let Suri make her own decisions regarding body hair, shall we?

If Charlize Theron didn't like the "The Hills," wait until she sees the new "Knight Rider." It's even more DaneCookier.

If anyone can make an "Alice in Wonderland" that's even weirder than its source material, it's Tim Burton.

Ted McGinley cancelled instead of the show he's on? Owe, the humanity!

Kirk Cameron won't kiss on screen. So move along, Clay Aiken.

The Amy Winehouse story has to be wrong: when was the last time she left the house wearing anything other than sweatpants and that red bra?

Lindsay Lohan returning to her former partying habits - but only to get her dad those meds she says he needs.

Posted by: "Twas byoolin, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. | September 25, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

The story about Natalie Portman and Devendra Banhart going to Splitsville (described in Defamer as "making a clean break from her hirsute paramour's patchouli-stinking grip.... after a V For Vendetta-style shearing and 48-hour delousing quarantine") did give at least one man hope.

****

"Moby's very brief reconciliation with Natalie," a sequel to "Moby's "very brief affair" with Natalie," the stage play:

ACT I, SCENE 1

[A well-appointed and tastefully decorated room.]

SFX: A telephone rings. NATALIE PORTMAN enters.

NATALIE: Hello?

[A pause as Natalie listens to the caller]

NATALIE: What? Uh, NO. I did NOT break up with HIM to go out with YOU.

[NATALIE hangs up the phone]

NATALIE (to herself): Nerd.

[CURTAIN]

Posted by: byoolin | September 25, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Bravo, Byoo. You've done it again, old boy.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | September 25, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Somehow I don't think the issue of whether or not the she wears fur, will be the biggest problem Suri faces as a kid.

The idea of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp teaming to remake Alice in Wonderland kinda scares me. Of course, Lewis Carrol was stoned out of his mind when he wrote it. So it sorta makes sense. But, still scary.

Of course, the really scary thing is that Alex Baldwin believes that all his personal attacks against the mother of his child and being a custody battle for umpteen years is justified. A good parent would recognize the effect of this on the child and back away. No, mom wins no prizes here either. Does the kid have grandparents?

Posted by: ep | September 25, 2008 9:04 AM | Report abuse

*Is Charlize Theron on drugs or something? What was she saying? Okay, okay...you don't like "The Hills", I don't either but seriously--wtf are you talking about?

Posted by: methinks | September 25, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ep | September 25, 2008 9:04 AM

Please, God. No more parenting crap.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 25, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Oh, did I forget to mention that today is officially a parenting advice free day? We're on to pet care. Keep up.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | September 25, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

"You can tell me right now to my face that Reindeer Games was a piece of sh--. That's totally fine."

-Have I mentioned how much I love Charlize Theron?

It looks like the Nerds finally got their revenge on Ted McGinley.

Can someone please explain to me why Kirk Cameron is still around? They don't even show reruns of Growing Pains.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 25, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Commenting on Alec Baldwin's parenting skills is a legitimate topic of snark today. The fact he is flogging a book about it is in the Morning Mix.

Posted by: ep | September 25, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Liz Kelly | September 25, 2008 9:10 AM

Praise the Lord!

Posted by: Thank you, Jesus | September 25, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

byoolin and Dorkus have already beat me to the punch re: Kirk Cameron. But I'll jump in anyway.

The real question is, who is ASKING him to kiss on-screen? I mean I'm all for honoring a promise, but that's just stupid. He's an actor (well, technically).

(Psst, Kirk? Hello? Getting to kiss other women is the best part of being an actor because it's part of the job. I'm sure Chelsea would understand. Sheesh, Kirk, you are so dumb!)

Sounds more like Chelsea is the jealous type.

Posted by: td | September 25, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Hey ep, don't the Cowboys play some podunk team this weekend?

Posted by: Dorkus likes to start the trash talk early | September 25, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Wow, byoolin, nothin' but net on your two first posts of the day!

And I've been spending my time with the slithy toves of Lucky Charms, trying to get the milk and the cereal to work out, while you did gyre and gimble in the wabe.

I need to carm down.

Posted by: Curmudgeon sends huzzahs | September 25, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

I need to carm down.

Posted by: Curmudgeon sends huzzahs | September 25, 2008 9:36 AM

God, what a pretentious bore!

Posted by: Duh | September 25, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Michael Lohan needs a lot of things; pills, therapy, personality transplant...

Is anyone else slightly weirded out by a very normal looking photo of Lindsey Lohan? It's just....weird seeign her with what looks like a real smile.

Posted by: EricS | September 25, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Between his portrayal of Willy Wonka and Jack Sparrow, Depp has already gone half-drag anyway. Might as well go all the way, toss a blond wig on him and call him Alice.

Posted by: M Street | September 25, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Wow, byoolin, nothin' but net on your two first posts of the day!

I need to carm down.

Posted by: Curmudgeon sends huzzahs | September 25, 2008 9:36 AM
--------------------------------

Thanks a lot mudge. Your post makes me want to eat the a$$ end out of a box of Lucky Charms.

Posted by: jelo | September 25, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Alice in Wonderland where Alice is a boy - how frikin Burton would that be? Lets think of the other characters - hmmm....

Queen of Hearts - Elton John comes to mind
Cheshire Cat - Steven Tyler...

Posted by: LTL's mind is ablaze with the posibilities | September 25, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Must be a slow news day when Charlize Theron's opinion of a TV show merits media coverage. She sure is pretty, though.

Britney's hair -- I've lost track. She shaved it, then it was growing in, then she had extensions, after that it's all a blur. Surely there's a Chia-pet-like video out there somewhere tracking this, right?

All these remakes. Does Tim Burton not have any original thoughts? C'mon, just remake "The Wizard of Oz" next and get it over with. You know you're dying to. Cast Winona Ryder as Dorothy, Johnny Depp as the Scarecrow, etc.

Bag "Alice," go for the gold with "Wizard" and just get it out of your system.

Posted by: td | September 25, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Yes, we do, Dorkus. The team is called the Washington Redkins. I love playing podunk teams, it makes it easier for us to be 4-0.

Posted by: ep | September 25, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

"Cast Winona Ryder as Dorothy, Johnny Depp as the Scarecrow, etc."-td

*******************************************

I got to say, given the Wino Forever incident, I would actually be interested in seeing a movie with those two in it. But most likely Tim Burton would just put Helena Bonham Carter as the lead. Yes we get it she's your wife Tim, way to go.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 25, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

and Robert Downey Jr. as the Tin Man. already played Iron Man so he has that going for him

Posted by: just sayin' | September 25, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone notice that Lindsay was looking a little butch in her flannel shirt. Wonder how long before she cuts her hair short.

Posted by: yayagirl | September 25, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Helena Bonham Carter would either play the Queen of Hearts (Off with her head!) or the Wicked Witch (I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!)

Posted by: methinks | September 25, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: methinks | September 25, 2008 9:58 AM

******************************************

Or they could reuse the Planet of the Apes costumes and make her a flying money, just add wings!

Posted by: Dorkus | September 25, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

God, what a pretentious bore!

Posted by: Duh | September 25, 2008 9:38 AM

Hey Duh, applications are still being taken for the reconstituted Byoolin/Elias/Mudge Fan Club!

Added Question (to conform with today's pet care theme):

My Favorite Pet:
A. Cougars
B. Cougars over 40
C. Jason Lee's mustache
D. Any animal that "dane cooks" at the sight of Lilo

Posted by: Elias Howe | September 25, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

OMG! I read about this at http://www.projectweightloss.com/index.php too. Lohan' shape has also been changing. Dear God! What's next?

Posted by: AlexB | September 25, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

We need a new word for cougars who are also AARP-eligible (see as Exhibit A - Cloris Leachman).

I propose: Saber-toothed Tigers.

Posted by: M Street | September 25, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Other books by Alec Baldwin:
"A Pain in my Ass: Coping with a Drugged Out Brother Who Thinks He is a Celebrity"

"A Promise Not Worth Keeping: How I Courageously Stayed in the United States During the Bush Administration"

"The Secret to Staying Employed While Managing to Piss Everyone Else Off"

That last one's a best seller!

Posted by: MoCoSnarky, perusing amazan.com... | September 25, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Hulk Hogan's son will leave jail three months early, grateful that he doesn't have to come home to Amy Winehouse.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | September 25, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: yayagirl | September 25, 2008 9:57 AM

That's fine, as long as she doesn't get a mullet.

Posted by: b | September 25, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: AlexB | September 25, 2008 10:21 AM

What's next is that you get a life, Bozo!

Posted by: Project this | September 25, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Can I propose a ban on Amy Winehouse news? She's too much of a trainwreck - more than Britney ever was and way more talented too.

As for Alex B. - I do wish he would button up in public as he is one of my fav actors on my fav tv show (30 Rock).

Posted by: bflogirl | September 25, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorkus | September 25, 2008 9:17 AM

He's got a movie coming out -- "Fire Proof" or something like that.

Posted by: Staying anon for this! Ha! | September 25, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

And call me crazy, but I actually like LiRo in that picture. I think the plaid covers the boniness.

Re: a certain blue-starred team: C'mon, gentlemen, let's allow the players to decide it on the field.

Posted by: Bawlmer | September 25, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Kirk Cameron ("Growing Pains") says he won't kiss on screen...

Pat Boone said the same thing 50 years ago, for the same reason.

Posted by: bet Cloris Leachman remembers this one | September 25, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Kirk Cameron ("Growing Pains") says he won't kiss on screen...

Pat Boone said the same thing 50 years ago, for the same reason.

Posted by: bet Cloris Leachman remembers this one | September 25, 2008 11:08 AM

======================================

Yeah, and we all know what happened to . . . Pat who?

Posted by: Curmudgeon sees a parallel, too | September 25, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Pat Boone said the same thing 50 years ago, for the same reason.

Posted by: bet Cloris Leachman remembers this one | September 25, 2008 11:08 AM

What about Ann-Margret and "State Fair"?

Posted by: Tee hee | September 25, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

PETA also wants breastfeeding mothers to not feed their children or to donate their milk to feed premature infants, so that Ben and Jerry can use it for ice cream. Thus, lessoning the suffering of dairy cows.

Posted by: I hate PETA | September 25, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Kirk Cameron ("Growing Pains") says he won't kiss on screen...

Pat Boone said the same thing 50 years ago, for the same reason.

Posted by: bet Cloris Leachman remembers this one | September 25, 2008 11:08 AM

======================================

Yeah, and we all know what happened to . . . Pat who?

Posted by: Curmudgeon sees a parallel, too | September 25, 2008 11:11 AM

One of Pat's daughters married a cousin of George Clooney!! Pay attention!

Posted by: One night only | September 25, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

MoCo, I recommend "Alex Baldwin's Guide To Good Manners: Everyday Communication In The Modern World For You Miserable Sons-Of-B******".

Posted by: byoolin checked it out of the library and is afraid to put it down. | September 25, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

lessoning the suffering of dairy cows

That'll larn 'em!

Posted by: hahahaha | September 25, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, and we all know what happened to . . . Pat who?

Boone's still married to his first wife, isn't he?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 25, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Why is Hulk Hogan's son leaving jail three months early? Has he had his fill of the other inmates?

Posted by: Another terrible pun from Sasquatch | September 25, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: I hate PETA | September 25, 2008 11:14 AM

*****************************************

Hmmm...I wonder what they could call that ice cream.

Double D Deliciousness

C-Cup Cream

Posted by: Dorkus | September 25, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

One of Pat's daughters married a cousin of George Clooney!!

Another of George's cousins is actor Miguel Ferrer ("Crossing Jordan"). Rosemary was married for several years to the great actor Jose Ferrer.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 25, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Will Lilo's next film role be as Butch Cassidy?

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 25, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Hmmm...I wonder what they could call that ice cream.

Double D Deliciousness

C-Cup Cream

Posted by: Dorkus | September 25, 2008 11:30 AM

----------------------------------------

Well, it beats Clay Aiken's favorite Chinese dish:

Sum Yung Guy

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 25, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

A's Best Flavor!

or ChamCream.

(you know, more than a champaigne glass is a waste--for those (Gene W.) that believe that!)

Posted by: Elias Howe | September 25, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Why have Depp and Burton not done Peter Pan yet? It fills both their criteria: a children's classic with a disturbing amount of creepy subtext. -- Bawlmer

Actually Johnny Depp did...sorta

Posted by: Gidget | September 25, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

"lessoning the suffering of dairy cows

That'll larn 'em!"

It appears that your humor is lost on most people.

Posted by: Huh | September 25, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer | September 25, 2008 11:08 AM

Depp actually did the Peter Pan thing in Finding Neverland. Which was surprisingly better than I thought it would be.

Posted by: flutterbyjen | September 25, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Chockolatetiera,
I tried Mad Men on On Demand last night and I have to say thumbs WAY DOWN. What an extremely boring show. Now I understand why only 900,000 people (or only 3 tenths of 1 percent of the population). According to Jim is Shakespeare compared to the piece of crap that is Mad Men.

Posted by: ANON | September 25, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Only 900,000 WATCH the show.

Posted by: anon | September 25, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Great Friday list idea: Which movie would you like to see remade by Tim Burton? My suggestion, "Miracle on 34th Street" remade as "Miracle on 42nd Street". Synopsis: Girl lap-dances Santa Claus.

Posted by: Red Dragon | September 25, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Chockolatetiera,

Posted by: ANON | September 25, 2008 12:08 PM

And you probaby understand why 18 million people watch the Shavian hit Dancing with the Stars!

Posted by: One night only | September 25, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Depp actually did the Peter Pan thing in Finding Neverland.
Posted by: flutterbyjen

Whoops, my bad. Good catch, jen. I guess you need the combined powers of Burton and Depp to really turn up the creepy.

Posted by: Bawlmer likes the creepy, she's just sayin'. | September 25, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

According to Jim is Shakespeare compared to the piece of crap that is Mad Men.

Posted by: ANON | September 25, 2008 12:08 PM

What about the eye candy on Mad Men? Jim is a fat slob.

Posted by: Another anon | September 25, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Natalie Portman is single now?

Posted by: Paul | September 25, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

I don't have to watch any TV to see male eye candy, I just look in the mirror.

Posted by: George Clooney | September 25, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Natalie Portman is single now?

Posted by: Paul | September 25, 2008 12:34 PM

I thought Producer Paul liked ScarJo. You men are so fickle!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 25, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Whew (re. the Natalie Portman split from Chewbacca).

Don't know why, but the photo of LiLo & Samantha make me think of high-school girls "experimenting" and being all giddy about kissing a girl.

Posted by: Californian | September 25, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

The Celebritology Corollary to Godwin's Law:

As an Internet discussion about television grows longer, the probability of a comparison "According to Jim" approaches one.

[from Wikipedia: "Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)... states:

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."]

Posted by: byoolin | September 25, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Oops. Missed a word.

**************

The Celebritology Corollary to Godwin's Law:

As an Internet discussion about television grows longer, the probability of a comparison to "According to Jim" approaches one.

Posted by: byoolin should have proofread it first. | September 25, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Ugh, got to this post during my lunch hour to read about Amy Winehouse. Ugh! again

Posted by: hodie wishes she didn't have bleu cheese sprinkles on her salad | September 25, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Looking forward to reading Alec Baldwin's book.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 25, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

The Celebritology Corollary to Godwin's Law:

Posted by: byoolin should have proofread it first. | September 25, 2008 1:04 PM

Fascinating stuff... Time to take a dump!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 25, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin | September 25, 2008 1:03 PM

WTF is a "Usenet discussion"?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 25, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I heard Hitler was a big fan of According to Jim.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 25, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

I heard Hitler was a big fan of According to Jim.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 25, 2008 1:45 PM

They both like to take it up the butt!

Posted by: Clay | September 25, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I heard Hitler was a big fan of According to Jim.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 25, 2008 1:45 PM
-----------------------------------------

Excellent observation, Dorkus!

Posted by: Sasquatch | September 25, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Amy Winehouse billed for vomiting on designer duds.

Was Britney ever billed for wiping her fried-chicken greasy fingers on designer clothers too?

Britney Spears sports bobbed brunette wig.

Image doesn't appear on my computer, but presumably at least it's a color found in nature, instead of hot pink.

Alec Baldwin promotes custody battle book.

And we're free not to buy it.

PETA asks TomKat to keep Suri fur free.

The article reports that the Cruises have sometimes dressed Suri in clothes sent by Armani. The problem is that last year Giorgio told PETA he would no longer use fur after they showed him some shocking images, but now he's produced fur coats for babies and children. So PETA was reasonably concerned that Armani might send some of these to the Cruises in hopes Suri would wear them.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | September 25, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Britney Spears sports bobbed brunette wig.

***

AND, we all hope it doesn't come with a funny/scary accent, British or otherwise...

Posted by: sunnydaze checks into the game late | September 25, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

"I heard Hitler was a big fan of According to Jim." --Dorkus

Only in Germany they call it, "According to Himmler."

Posted by: td says *bitte, baby* | September 25, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

He also was a big fan "Zwei und die Hälfte Männer."

And genocide.

Posted by: don't blame byoolin, he voted in the North Minehead by-election. | September 25, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

He also was a big fan "Zwei und die Hälfte Männer."

Posted by: Nosy Parker sings "Ach, du lieber, byoolin" | September 25, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

It's none of their business what other people put on their children. Does Tom and Katy how to dress thier 1,000 cats?

Just wondering.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 25, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy Parker | September 25, 2008 3:33 PM

What an about face!

Oh, those dying chinchillas are horrible, get them out of my sight! Oh wait, what will the cold little rich babies wear? Bring them back!

Posted by: Ame | September 25, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Anonymous
It's none of their business what other people put on their children.

Except that in this case it is. Last year Giorgio Armani told PETA he'd stop using fur. Then he turned around and presented fur clothing for babies and children this year. Combine this with the fact that the company sends Armani clothes to TomKat in hopes they'll dress Suri in them... and then yes, it does reasonably become PETA's business, in that it appears Armani lied to the organization simply in order to avoid further hassle.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | September 25, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Does Tom and Katy how to dress thier 1,000 cats?

Posted by: what does this even mean? | September 25, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Ame
what will the cold little rich babies wear?

Right. As though it gets so cold in Hollywood...

Posted by: Nosy Parker | September 25, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Hey, no one's commented on the David Blaine story. The photo of Kelly Ripa hanging upside down with him is great. Like her or not, the lady's got spunk.

Too bad she couldn't have combined her aerial suspension with her product endorsements and held an Electrolux during her Blaine interview.

Posted by: td remembers kelly as hayley on AMC | September 25, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

You know what, you've got spunk!

Well, yes...

I *hate* spunk!

Posted by: Lou Grant | September 25, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Nosy Parker: so Armani is somehow in the wrong for lying to PETA???? I think he should keep on lying - "no Peta, it's not real fur - it's fake - now go back to whining about cow milk used for ice cream at Ben & Jerry's"

Posted by: Amelia | September 25, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Amelia
so Armani is somehow in the wrong for lying to PETA????

Posted by: Nosy Parker | September 25, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, Suri. No fur. Tear off your own head, it's a doll revolution.

Posted by: possum | September 25, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Aaah yes, PETA, that high minded organization that never lies. Do we have any proof that Armani told PETA he would stop using fur -- other than PETA saying he said he would? Or what about their lying about loving animals while strangling them out by the dumpster? I'm sure with a little googling you could find more.

PETA should be lied to often. While one is wearing fur and/or leather.

Posted by: ep | September 25, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

"Lindsay Lohan says her dad needs more meds... "

Well, lord knows, she's got the expertise... One OD away from a Pharm.D. degree, is that girl.

* * *

I hate PETA. Their smug, self-righteousness just irks the crap out of me. Last I checked, we humans are the top of the food chain, and if we want to skin small animals to make warm coats, then it's our god-given right to do so. So go boil your tofu, PETA, and just leave everyone else the heck alone. [I can't believe I'm actually taking a stance that could be construed as defending TomKat. I need to go lie down now.]

Posted by: Snarky Squirrel, who'd rather be skinned than allow PETA any slack | September 25, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

I like the LiRo Mouseketeer hats in the pic. (Seriously.)

Posted by: alex | September 25, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Fireproof a great film - and Kirk Cameron is a great lead. With all of life's problems and complexity, it's a relief to see a lead character who takes on those challenges and shows us all how to work through them with a few solid, time-tested principles.
It's like administering a computer network - no matter what problems come up, if you apply best practices, you always get things back under control.

Posted by: ed strickman | September 28, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse