Posted at 10:42 AM ET, 09/10/2008

Re-Pleat Offender: Keira Knightley

By Liz Kelly

As Fashion Week unfurls its yards of glamour and fantasy on New York runways this week, let us not forget that the annual gathering of fashionistas and celebs is a microcosm of personal taste-making -- good, bad and ugly. Today, I have the sad task of noting the bad. Or the ugly. Or the bad ugly.

My aversion to pleated pants is generally known, so it may surprise you to learn that one Keira Knightley -- a teensy actress who some might accuse of being forever mired in the period drama treadmill because she can't hack playing contemporary (remember "My name is Domino Harvey?" Shudder.) -- had the audacity to rock pleats yesterday while attending a Fashion Week event. And, as if the pleats alone weren't enough of a below the belt no-no, Knightley further gave me -- and all of us, really -- a big wet rasberry by covering her spindly gams in plaid pleats.

(Getty Images)

Owe, the humanity (see: Celebritology glossary). Somewhere a dissipated Scottish laird or Darby O'Gill would be missing this pair from his wardrobe, except that even trite stereotypes are too cool to wear these clownish trousers anymore.

Look at the smug look on Knightley's face. She defies me one to comment on her wrong-headed panting. Even the guy in the background, his face half out of frame, can't tear his eyes away from her freakishly ballooned lower half.

Still, in the interest of fair play, I ask you to weigh in on Keira's questionable clothing choice.

By Liz Kelly  | September 10, 2008; 10:42 AM ET
Categories:  Fashion
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Pam Anderson Says She's Not Dating Jacko
Next: Morning Mix: Nicole Kidman 'Overpaid'; Heather Mills Fired from 'Celeb Apprentice'

Comments

Her hair's kind of cute that way, though.

Posted by: byoolin feels like George looking at Daisy. | September 10, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

i luv those paants! i think linsey and dina and ali should all get the saame pants and ware them togethr and be triplets!

Posted by: luvlinsey | September 10, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

luvlinsey, I have to hand it to you -- you just don't give up, do you?

Posted by: Liz Kelly | September 10, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

luvlinsey, I have to hand it to you -- you just don't give up, do you?

Posted by: Liz Kelly | September 10, 2008 11:41 AM

i dont knoow what thayt means, but i thynk you're beeing nyce to me, so yay!

Posted by: luvlinsey | September 10, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

The Three Stooges called - Curly wants his pants back.

Posted by: Groovis laughs nyuck, nyuck, nyuck | September 10, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I find Ms Knightley's pants completely unflattering and will commit all of my resources to getting her out of those pants.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 10, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Is it ok that I voted "hideous" because Keira Knightley is totally overrated and needs to eat a sandwich?

Posted by: Julie | September 10, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

The guy is not looking at her. He is looking at someone off-camera, to our right.

Oh, sorry. I guess I just don't understand how to do this pointless snarking properly.

Posted by: PlainTim | September 10, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Aw, but she's sure to win the Funny Pants Contest at the country club this weekend...

Posted by: b | September 10, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

gotta say i don't care for her hairstyle. veronica lake's the only one who could pull off that look.

Posted by: b | September 10, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Is there any option other than hideous? These are pleated pants we're talking about and she had the nerve to wear them without a belt. Owe the humanity indeed.

Posted by: petal | September 10, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

The guy...looking at someone off-camera, to our right.

Posted by: PlainTim | September 10, 2008 11:52 AM

***

Maybe he's sneaking a glance at the guy wearing the suspenders over a t-shirt...

Posted by: byoolin sez mmmmmmmVeronicaLake. | September 10, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Like Posh and her new hairdo, these kind of pants can be worn by the type of actress whose daily diet consists of 3 pieces melba toast and 6 frozen grapes, washed down with room temperature evian. And two packs of Camels.

Posted by: jelo | September 10, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

I graduated 18 years ago and have seen the behavior of kids go down hill for quite some time. My daughter is in middle school and there are some kids there that are terribly disrespectful to any adult they encounter including their own parents, as for respect for their peers it is nonexistant. I think this is a backlash to the tough love that was popular when I was growing up in the 80's. All the parents that thought their parents were too hard on them are going in the opposite direction with their children and are creating these little monsters. They are spoiled brats. While I think my parents were over the line with discipline, it is my job to discipline my daughter, when she steps out of line, and make sure that she can be a functioning adult. I had parents tell me I was out of line for having her help put away her toys when she was 2, that is mean. I had these same parents tell me I was mean to not just buy her the toy she was having a fit over. These parents have unruly, back taking bratty children who still have tantrums at 12 and 13 if they don't get their way. It is ridiculous. These same kids are the ones who cause issues at school because they are looking for the boundaries that don't exist. It is the parents fault for not setting these kids up to succeed at the beginning. They may learn bad stuff at school or daycare, but if they are taught right and wrong as well as consequences for their actions they will behave better.

Posted by: California Girl | September 10, 2008 12:06 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 10, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Where is she, anyway? Her outfit plus the guy w/ t-shirt/suspenders and the wallpaper makes me think it was 2 for 1 night at Mingles bar at the Ramada Inn.

Posted by: possum | September 10, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Keira is super skinny so the puffiness created by pleats helps her. I think she's hot, but I wish she'd eat a sandwich or two.

Posted by: Cleveland Brown | September 10, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus,

You stole my line. I would love for Keira to remove those pants.
I rarely think about what kind of pants I am wearing, but I have been reading this chat for months and decided on Sunday to see how many pairs of pants I own, and how many are pleated.
I have 23 pairs of pants and only 2 of them have pleats. But, I have to say the pleated ones are very comfortable and I am not giving them up.
Sorry Liz.

Posted by: DW | September 10, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Mad plaid pleat-pants and a navy-blue tuxedo shirt? Keira. Darling. You're beautiful and rich and seemingly bright and firmly grounded in reality. Admit you need help and hire a competent stylist. Those pintuck pleats may bulk up your torso, but do you really want to eradicate all trace of your breasts? And those pants... that plaid... is your next role as a 1930s golf pro?

Posted by: BxNY | September 10, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Waitaminute. I thought pleats were a no-no for men's trousers. Women's too?

Owe, the humanity, indeed!

Posted by: Curmudgeon wears elastic | September 10, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Look at the size of that head. It's like an orange on a toothpick. Oooh, that was offsides, wasn't it? Tonight she'll cry herself to sleep...on her huge pilla!

Posted by: Charlie...light a match | September 10, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

It's Keira Knightley, anything would balloon her lower half. She could sit her butt in a tea cup, for crying out loud!

Posted by: Stick | September 10, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Also, tartan cloth is always a superb look.

Posted by: Curmudgeon likes all things Scot especially kilts and wooly tall socks | September 10, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jelo | September 10, 2008 12:08 PM

That's pretty much how I feel too.

Only allowed if you're Keira or Posh & really, Posh has a few more curves than Keira so maybe not even Posh.

Posted by: Bored @ work | September 10, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

The pants are fine, I guess. But she looks hungry. Somebody feed that girl a cheeseburger.

Posted by: just sayin' | September 10, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I can't tell from the picture that these are pants. Could be an actual kilt. In which case, the pleats would be an integral part of the design.

Posted by: 44west | September 10, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Posh has a few more curves than Keira....

Posted by: Bored @ work | September 10, 2008 12:33 PM

**************************************

Bored are you suggesting that Ms. Knightley be embiggened?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 10, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

"I can't tell from the picture that these are pants. Could be an actual kilt. In which case, the pleats would be an integral part of the design"

==========================================

Kilts don't hae pockets, darrrrrrlin', they hae sporrrrrrans.

Posted by: MacCurmudgeon | September 10, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

don't you have to be a mommy to wear pleats? If you are Mudge, then I guess it is ok. I don't think Keira has joined that club yet.

Posted by: hodie | September 10, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

"Kilts don't hae pockets, darrrrrrlin', they hae sporrrrrrans."

True. I just thought maybe her wee hands were getting lost in the folds of the pleats.

Posted by: 44west (who also notes that kilts don't have belt loops -- but this is fashion week.) | September 10, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Liz, I'm totally with you on the "no pleated pants" movement. But are we allowed to like pleated skirts? Some are kind of nice, and the fact that they are skirts prevenst the kind of bubbling you get when the fabric goes down to your ankles...

(also, what's with the weird "Anonymous" posts across the WaPo comment threads lately? It's not just here, but in a number of other places. It's creepy. Is it a tech glitch, or just another hacker/prankster messing with the debates?)

Posted by: 3of4 | September 10, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posh has more curves than Kiera? Maybe, but I'm sure both of them would blow away in a light wind. Get her a cheeseburger too, and don't hold the fries.

Posted by: hodie | September 10, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Kilts don't hae pockets, darrrrrrlin', they hae sporrrrrrans.

Posted by: MacCurmudgeon | September 10, 2008 12:40 PM

Thanks, Mudge, for brightening my day!

Posted by: Nosy Parker | September 10, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Liz, have you considered therapy for your pleat obsession? Seriously, you think WAY too much about this stuff. It's kinda scary.

Posted by: td finds pleated-pants talk tiresome | September 10, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Eeeh. She was probably out for a casual night. Although the look is kinda "yeah, I wore plaid, pleated pants. Deal with it."

What is the ruling on pleated skirts?

Posted by: ep | September 10, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Keira Knightly can elevate a burlap sack tied with rope to haute couture. Get over it.

Posted by: greenwithenvy | September 10, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Liz says: "Knightley further gave me -- and all of us, really -- a big wet rasberry by covering her spindly gams in plaid pleats."

You, Liz, are one homely looking B*T*CH. You should have nothing deregatory to say about anyone. Instead of pleated pants, skirts, etc.; lets have a stand against giant shiney foreheads!
For those of you who do not understand; take a look at Liz's photo.

Posted by: KLM | September 10, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Keira's eyebrows are getting all ciccone-y and with that part in her hair she looks like a pirate with a hair eye-patch.

Posted by: M Street | September 10, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

I've loved Keira ever since "Bend It Like Beckham" and I like the wool plaid, but the more I look at this, the more that shadow under her jaw makes her look all bobbleheady. I'm guessing this is from Fashion Week, which means dimmer than usual lighting and insane photogs, so I'll just say "badly lit shot of an unflattering pose" and daydream cuddling her in "Love Actually."

Posted by: 23112 | September 10, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

KLM apparently had a double shot of urine in his/her cornflakes this morning.

Posted by: byoolin | September 10, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

... or was reacting to the news that Eddie Murphy will star in "Beverly Hills Cop IV," going into production next year, according to E! Online.

Posted by: byoolin offers an alternate theory. | September 10, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin offers an alternate theory. | September 10, 2008 1:31 PM
----------------------------------------

. . .or was reacting to not being cast in the remake of Ghostbusters that will be sure to assault any and all warm fuzzy memories we have of that film.

Posted by: jelo | September 10, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Pleats are only for the very, very slim of us. Pleats can add curves to someone who doesn't have any. I assume that's where she's going with the tuxedo blouse, too. Even as a skinny college kid, I couldn't wear a tuxedo blouse without looking puffy.
If she doesn't look fat in them, and I think we can all agree she doesn't, they're probably fine.
But don't we need a photo that shoes the whole silhouette to make a definitive judgment? (judging -- it's something we do!)

Posted by: other liz doesn't want liz to say anything deregulatory, either | September 10, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

needs a couple big macs, her head from the nose up is freakishly out of proportion to the rest of her

Posted by: HardyW | September 10, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

All I can say is that this city is headed for a disaster of Biblical proportions....

Posted by: Groovis the Gatekeeper | September 10, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Now playing on WaPo Wedding Week - Registries stuff:

"Summer Krecke: You don't have to ignore their registry, but you can certainly add to it. If they're registered for a beautiful frame, buy it and add your favorite picture of them to it. A wine glass set? Get them a case of their favorite wine to go along with it. You can always ass a personal touch, but keep in mind a registry is there for a reason -- try not to stray from it unless you're absolutely CERTAIN the bride and groom would approve. "

Um.

Posted by: Tee hee | September 10, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

There is no Dorkus, only Zhul

Posted by: Dorkus saying who ya gonna call | September 10, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Zhul was the minion of Gozer and Gozer was very big in Sumeria.

Posted by: but Groovis wonders what he's doing in the icebox | September 10, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Groovis the Gatekeeper | September 10, 2008 1:52 PM

Biblical disaster or not, I wouldn't kick Keira Knightley outta bed for wearing those pants. I'd kick the pants out, but not Keira.

I am the Keymaster and I can prove it!

Posted by: Brutal | September 10, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Brutal, when Keira Knightley asks if you are a god, you say yes!

Posted by: Dorkus | September 10, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Wait, they're making another Ghostbusters?

Posted by: petal wonders why o why | September 10, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

TeeHee @2:02, thanks for making my afternoon!

Posted by: cb | September 10, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

TeeHee @2:02, thanks for making my afternoon!

Posted by: cb | September 10, 2008 2:28 PM

You're welcome. It has SNL potential...

Posted by: Tee hee | September 10, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Cannot believe the remake of Ghost Busters... it was on VH1 last night (you know because it has everything to do with music and videos, right? right?)

Posted by: LTL got slimed last night (and not by Cannavaro) | September 10, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

***************************

Well....let's see...are any of them in rehab, dating Bret Michaels, dating a rap star or trying to lose weight? Maybe the Stay Puft marshmallow man is going to have to live in a house with a bunch of other c-listers and compete for cash and prizes.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 10, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

oops - that was me at 3:05

Posted by: Groovis | September 10, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

They are remaking Ghostbusters because the well of creativity is as deep as Keira Knightley's capacity for food.

Posted by: there is no Dana, only Zhul | September 10, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Keira has always looked like she needed a sandwich or 5. That's why she NEEDS pleets or to be in period films with their padded skirts and push up bustiers. She looks way better in those outfits because they fill her out a little.

Posted by: sjcpeach | September 10, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Plaid on a hott woman always reminds me of "Catholic Schoolgirls in Trouble" a classic film of a certain genre. I also think it appeared in "Heathers," and if it didn't it should have. Stumbled across a cable documentary on plaid the other night. Interesting history, but still looks like celinedion on Keira.

Posted by: Red Dragon | September 10, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Well it has been awhile since we heard from Bill Murray. I can't remember anything he's done since that horrible horrible film with Scarlett Johanson. Can't remember the name, it was so bad. And Groovis, you beat me to the StayPuff Marshmellow reference!

Posted by: hodie, now craves smores | September 10, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

OK, I've read your fashionista-esque rules of the road for a while now. And I guess in general I agree to no pleats, but there's always an exception. Especially for avant-garde looks. The picture doesn't show the pants, but maybe the look works. The lighting is bad, the picture is cropped, why are we even discussing this? And seriously, Liz, you're great, and so you don't wear pleats, but that doesn't necessarily make you Anna Wintour. Maybe you could post some kind of proof that you have style, cause that headshot screams trainwreck to me. I kind of feel like I'm being preached fashion advice from someone who doesn't have a good colorist and might not know DNKY from Donna Karan.

Posted by: Mere observation | September 10, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

WAIT A MINUTE - I just came from wikipedia and Keira is going to be starring in the remake of My Fair Lady!?! Is nothing sacred? First Ghostbusters now this? Owe the Humanity!

Posted by: sjcpeach | September 10, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

LEAVE LIZZIE ALONE!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Posted by: Chris Crocker | September 10, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

hodie,

The movie is Lost in Translation.

Posted by: petal | September 10, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Petal. All I could remember was that it was a real snore. Was expecting the usual Bill Murray character.

Posted by: hodie | September 10, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Granted this is off topic but nothing beats Goodwill Hunting in the snore catergory.

Posted by: petal | September 10, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

I guess no one should mention Liz's tats to "Mere observation," eh? Let's maintain the illusion that we're all serious fashionistas. Or even serious anythings.

Posted by: alex | September 10, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

But hodie, the beginning of that movie has what may be the finest work of cinematography in history.

Posted by: Dorkus | September 10, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

I've never seen LiT, but I'm assuming there's a scene of ScarJo in a state of dishabille?

Posted by: alex knows there's only one track re ScarJo and the guys here | September 10, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

LOL Dorkus and alex, that must be it.

petal, I actually liked Goodwill Hunting, at least there was a plot that could be followed.

Posted by: hodie | September 10, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

For alex (but really for byoolin, Sasquatch, td, really any red-blooded American male):

Posted by: Dorkus | September 10, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Yowsah! Thanks, Dorkus.

Posted by: td | September 10, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

i wonder how often liz and mr. liz have anal.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 10, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

darn, my post at 5:03 got cut off in mid-sentence. it should read:

i wonder how often liz and mr. liz have analyzed the lyrics to their favorite song.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 10, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Can I just go off track for a minute and just say that I read the article about Anne Hathaway's ex pleading guilty to fraud charges, and I feel so terrible for her. Clearly this guy was a world class liar and manipulator, and I'm glad she's out of the relationship.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 10, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

At least the're not Madras!

Posted by: D | September 10, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

i think the blog post tomorrow should be about how often should women be required to give their husbands or their signifcant others a bj and/or anal.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 10, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, but no thanks.

Posted by: Sarah Palin | September 10, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, but no thanks.

Posted by: Sarah Palin | September 10, 2008 5:35 PM

does mr. palin not give you anal? maybe its bc he likes getting it from levi instead.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 10, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Anonymous, you need to go see who's doing your mother while you're in the basement at your computer, cuz it sure ain't your father. Guess that's why your dinner is late tonight.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 10, 2008 5:51 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 10, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Anonymous at 5:42, I could field dress you like a moose, and with one hand tied behind my back.

Posted by: Sarah | September 10, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

The pants are kind of cute. They would be the height of fashion if their belt loops contained a belt. Empty belt loops really irritate my obsessive-compulsive tendencies.

Posted by: Richard | September 10, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse

Maslow’s “Take” on the Election

By Bob Mann, Golf Professional
9/9/2008

Abraham Maslow said “To distract people from higher needs, threaten their lower needs.”
The Republican strategy of giving their convention a war and patriotism theme was quite brilliant. It changed the focus from such issues as health care, education, global warming and long term alternate energy development, and even to large measure, the economy; to the more fundamental human need to feel safe.

As Bob Woodward noted in his recent interview with Larry King, the President is not the Commander in Chief of the economy or global warming. The President is the Commander in Chief of the military.

The polls have shown that Senator McCain is perceived by the American public as more suited to be responsible for national security than Senator Obama. The Republicans are openly selling “inexperience” vs. Obama, but less openly they are selling “fear”. Ultimately, the peoples greatest fear, for themselves, and their families, is annihilation.

Unfortunately many people see bravado talk and aggressive action as the “answers” to fear related national security issues. (This, coupled with Senator McCain’s military service and family heritage gives many people a greater sense of false security.) However, the reverse is true; reserve, caution, negotiation, and having a strong military in reserve enhance national security. As President Clinton said, “..we lead by the power of our example, not by the example of our power.”

In spite of the evidence that we are militarily weaker as a result of the ill-founded invasion of Iraq, proposed by Senator McCain long before it actually occurred; a majority of Americans see Senator McCain’s approach to national security as being better then Senator Obama’s. Iraq has our military so over extended that we are not well prepared to face other situations that may arise, and are more likely to arise, because others recognize that we are over extended, which weakens our negotiating position.

Senator McCain continues to make hawkish noise; including implied threats that, as well as being inflammatory to other countries who might pose a threat, also distances us from our European allies.

In October 1st, 2003 on ABC nightline Senator McCain was asked how much more money the war would cost. He replied, “Estimates I hear as much as 50 to $55 billion more.” When asked, “Over a course of how many years?” McCain answered, “..four or five years.” Five years have passed with no end in sight, and Senator McCain’s estimate of maximum cost has been surpassed by approximately 10 to 1.

Senator McCain brags about his support of the Surge and its effectiveness. This claim is subject to serious question as many experts believe that the turn around in Iraq was more attributable to putting the enemies on our payroll. Moreover, Senator McCain’s bragging about the Surge can be compared to the person who makes a bad judgment about maintaining their car, but brags about repairing it at a cost many multiples of the original neglected service.

Senator McCain’s selection of Governor Palin to be a heartbeat away from a position of invoking nuclear holocaust on the world raises additional questions about his judgment, decision making process, and his motives.

Senator Obama’s campaign needs to make it clear that Senator McCain’s aggressiveness, has in the past, and will in the future, if left unbridled, weaken us militarily by depleting resources. It is not enough to merely point out Senator McCain’s bad judgment, the other shoe must drop, and Senator McCain’s bad judgment and hasty reactions must be clearly defined as weakening national security if permitted to affect our future. Senator Obama’s approach, using military force only as a last resort, and only following negotiation, strengthens us in two ways:
A) Enables negotiations to be conducted from a position of un-dissipated strength
B) Holds military might in reserve to use when and if genuinely required.

Senator Obama’s plan for better treatment of returning veterans coupled with his educational and occupational proposals for military personnel enhances recruiting and thus is superior for strengthening us militarily as compared to Senator McCain’s approach.

The Importance of rebuilding our alliances around the world should be more emphatically communicated as well, so Americans understand that we are stronger and more secure having Senator Obama as our next President, (who our European allies prefer over McCain by a 9 to 1 margin).

When Americans come to understand the superiority of Senator Obama’s temperament and approach to national security, compared to Senator McCain’s, they will recognize that Senator Obama is far more qualified to serve as Commander in Chief.

Posted by: Bob Mann | September 10, 2008 7:45 PM | Report abuse

I think she is cute, and who cares about those pants. If she wants to wear them then let her be. If she felt awkward in them at fashion week, that is her issue.

Posted by: C | September 11, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

WHY is everybody so hopelessly obsessed with fashion these days??? I think she looks cute in those pants.

Posted by: artiste411 | September 14, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse