Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 10/27/2008

Morning Mix: Jennifer Hudson Offers $100K for Nephew's Return; Body Found Could Be Related to Case

By Liz Kelly

Update, 10:17 a.m. ET: Police searching for Jennifer Hudson's missing nephew are investigating the body of a young boy found in an SUV this morning. As yet, there is no confirmation that the body is related to the case. For more details, see Crime Watch below.

---

Elisabeth Hasselbeck takes the stage at a McCain-Palin campaign rally on Saturday in Kissimmee, Fla. (Getty Images)

Monday

Headlines: Bono pictured carousing with teens in St. Tropez... Jerry Lewis in hot water again for saying cricket is for [insert gay slur here]...Angelina Jolie visits Afghan refugees... Tom Cruise roasts Matt Lauer, but Lauer gets the last word... Matt Damon campaigns for Obama in Florida... Elisabeth Hasselbeck introduces Sarah Palin at Florida rally (video)... Amy Poehler gives birth to son Archie Arnett... Foo Fighter Dave Grohl and wife expecting second child... Taylor Momsen returns to "Gossip Girl" set... Sarah Jessica Parker sports $250 stockings... Seth Rogen slims down for movie role... Terrence Howard sued for alleged assault of Broadway producer.

Crime Watch: Jennifer Hudson offers $100,000 reward for missing nephew; the seven-year-old disappeared following the murders of Hudson's mother and brother, boy's stepfather detained in case.

Rumor Mill: Madonna scheduled sex around gym time, says U.K. tabloid... Lindsay Lohan telling friends she's not gay?... Amy Winehouse may face arrest for skipping police interview... Jennifer Aniston spotted eating food in the proximity of Gerard Butler... Miley Cyrus's 20-year-old boyfriend "bunking" at Cyrus house?... Mischa Barton snapped smoking "herbal" cigarette?

If You Say So
"I am a really boring stage actor from Chicago." -- who are we to argue with Jeremy Piven?

By Liz Kelly  | October 27, 2008; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Video Friday List: Celeb-Inspired Halloween Hilarity
Next: Comment Box: Who is Kerry Katona?

Comments

Matt Lauer -- can't say I like the guy, but anyone who can get away with making a "booster seat" comment to Tom Cruise is OK by me.

Bono will pose for photos with anyone; he was on a friend of mine's Christmas card hugging her one year. While the foursome does seem odd, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. (Am I bugging ya? Don't mean to bug ya!)

Guy Ritchie: Bitter, party of one? Your table's ready.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 27, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Wow poor Jennifer Hudson - what a tragedy.

Posted by: sjcpeach | October 27, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

What is Kermit the Frog doing at a Palin rally?

Posted by: ASinMoCo | October 27, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

The LiLo article makes me think of one of those provocative shirts that says "I'm not gay, but my girlfriend is."

I don't even know what to make of Jerry Lewis anymore.

On an unrelated Halloween note, I got part of my costume yesterday, a toy chainsaw, it made me kind of giddy.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 27, 2008 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Ok, there are those of you who will see the pix of Bono with the teen models and jump to conclusions.

Amateurs.

REAL Celebritologists will zero in on this inciteful statement:

"But last month Bono – real name Paul Hewson – took a holiday to the South of France with his long-time friend and drinking companion Simon Carmody, a musician and former member of Irish band Golden Horde."

The girls were planted to put Mrs. Bono at ease that it wasn't THAT kind of holiday in St. Tropez.

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 27, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

sjcpeach, I agree. The premature death of even ONE of any person's family members (whether a celeb or not, or even if due to natural causes or accident), or a relative's disappearance, constitutes a tragedy. But for TWO such close relatives to be murdered and a child to be missing for days must be agonizing beyond words. As much fun as it is to snark on entourages, this was one time when I truly hoped a celebrity had her people with her, to shield her as she made the sad journey home and to issue public statements on her behalf. We can only hope now that Jennifer's nephew will still be found safe.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 27, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

If Liz is planning on getting more work done ..... http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery/2008/oct/27/nfl-wembley-saints-chargers?picture=339029392

Posted by: TonyMostyn | October 27, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Bono's defence: "Hey, being a rock star isn't just about meetings with guys like Nicholas Sarkozy and Robert Gates. Sometimes you gotta boff teenage girls."

Jerry Lewis, what has a million legs and - oh, nevermind.

Tom Cruise & Matt Lauer - two of the funniest guys to grace a stage since Jerry Lewis talked about cricket.

Sarah Jessica Parker sports $250 stockings... Yes, but only until her shoes come back from the farrier.

Madonna having sex around gym time is fine as long as she wipes down the equipment afterward.

Amy Winehouse's excuse: recording her own personal version of "Chinese Democracy."

Miley Cyrus's 20-year-old boyfriend "bunking" at Cyrus house? More like Miley Cyrus's 20-year-old boyfriend quoting second part of Bono's defence to Billy Ray.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 27, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I'm not having sex with Madonna either and you don't hear me complaining. Quite the opposite in fact.

Posted by: yellojkt | October 27, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Matt Damon looks like he's standing next to a cardboard cut-out picture of Barack Obama.

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 27, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Bunking? Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays?

Wasn't Jamie Lynn Spears' baby daddy "bunking" at the house? Can't see any downside to that provided condoms are bought by the twenty-pack. Ooops!

Posted by: yellojkt | October 27, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Ah, Hasselbeck. Let's hope one flush sends her down the same pipe Sarah P's going.

Posted by: possum_pouch | October 27, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Good one, Matt Lauer! Saw an excerpt of his roasting on the Today Show. Have to say the Tom's roasting of Matt was pretty lame. And did anyone else think Tom is looking super thin and gaunt in the face? Matt roasting Tom would be much funnier.

Did I not say a few weeks ago that Lindsey Lohan was not gay? Told ya! For the life of me though, I can't figure out why Samantha Ronson would be the one who could possibly change that. yech.

Jennifer Aniston eating in the general vicinity of Gerard Butler? She must have a cast-iron stomach because mine would be flip-flopping full of butterflies that would surely ralph.

Mischa, who are you dining with that you require a "herbal" cigarette to calm your stomach? Because I am sure that is what its for, or maybe the how many vodka tonics you had just before?? Way to party, girl. Keep it up and you can be just like Amy.

So sorry to hear about the Hudson tragedy. I hope that her nephew is returned unharmed.

Posted by: hodie | October 27, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

The news about Jennifer Hudson's family is heartbreaking.

ASinMoCo, nice one.

Jerry Lewis should shut up.

Posted by: petalceleb | October 27, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 27, 2008 10:26 AM

***

Hey, that looks just like the cardboard cutout of Barack Obama they're using in the Wheeling campaign office. I wonder if there's more than one, or if they mail it from office to office?

(byoolin says they don't have Matt-Damon-level celebs in Wheeling. And John Corbett's a Republican, anyway.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 27, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Just the mention of John Corbett makes me drool.

Posted by: aesully | October 27, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Oh, jeez. Poor Jennifer Hudson. We're keeping you in our thoughts today.

Elizabeth Hasselbeck gets to introduce her candidate live on stage, while Matt Damon gets a cardboard cutout? There are so many ways the punchline to that joke could go. (Sit down, Mr. Lewis.)

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 27, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Just saw the update at the top of the Mix about the body of a little boy found in an SUV. A family's tragedy worsens. Jennifer, our hearts are open to you and your family.

Posted by: hodie | October 27, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Did Hasselbeck wear that horrible radioactive green coat because she was worried someone in the audience might not see her!

Posted by: buffysummers | October 27, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

byoolin, love the comment about Madonna and the gym equipment. Good one!

I see Jerry Lewis is once again studying at the Jimmy the Greek School of Diplomacy. Jerry's like the drunk uncle at the family party whom no one wants to talk to because he's unstable and unpredictable.

And since no one else mentioned Jeremy Piven, I will. What to make of this:

"I was 21 and had Tim Robbins as a teacher, and I was working in white face and studying this ancient form and writing topical material about the first Bush administration. It was so intense. So we went out at night drinking and we ripped it up. That was an amazing time for me, but I really can't smash beer cans on my forehead and draw blood anymore."

Tim Robbins as a teacher? White face? Ancient form? Bush? I'm seeing this bizarre Shawshank-Meets-Kabuki-Meets-Nixon-in-China-Opera thing happening (with Jeremy as Dan Quayle). It's just too much to process.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 27, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

All,

Who knows WHAT that Hasselbeck person is thinking. Probably not much.

I see that Amy Poehler has continued the funny baby name trend (Archibald?). Big smooches to her, her husband, and the new Archie anyhow.

Has Madonna finally gotten over-insoucianted? Scheduling sex? (Well, now that I think about it, keeeping a diary with "things to do" probably makes some sort of scary sense to her.)

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | October 27, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Why is there a composer anywhere near "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"? Is the current production a musical? Is Terrence Howard playing Brick?

If so -- I'm hoping I'm wrong -- please tell me that Debbie Allen (mentioned in the article) isn't choreographing -- that would give me visions of a white-slip-clad Phylicia Rashad singing, "Brick! I'll be a cat forever, I'm gonna learn how to scratch" while dancing rehashed "Fame" routines across the stage.

(Speaking of Debbie Allen, is she the only choreographer in the world? Or does she just split the global workload with Paula Abdul and Kenny Ortega? Seriously. I have wondered this for a while now.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 27, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

This is terribly sad news, dashing hopes that the child would be found alive.

Posted by: mat00 | October 27, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

I think Elisabeth Hasselbeck just misunderstood what "going green" actually means.

Posted by: hodie | October 27, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

TD asks, "Why is there a composer anywhere near 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof'? Is the current production a musical?"

Why not? The Simpsons did a lovely job with putting A Streetcar Named Desire to music.

But since you asked, someone put the info in the Wiki:

A 2008 all-African-American production, directed by Debbie Allen, opened on Broadway to mixed reviews. Film star Terrence Howard made his Broadway debut as Brick, alongside stage veterans James Earl Jones (Big Daddy), Phylicia Rashad (Big Mama), Anika Noni Rose (Maggie) and Lisa Arrindell Anderson (Mae).

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 27, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

My heart goes out to Jennifer Hudson's family... Does any one know where her sister is, the one who is the mother of the missing boy? Is she also missing and presumed harmed by ex husband?

I can't imagine what they must be going through...

Posted by: LTL1 | October 27, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

The news about Jennifer Hudson's family is so sad. She works hard, tries to stay out of the tabs, only speaks when appropriate. In short, she is one of the good ones. Now this. When I heard the news Friday, I wept. My heart goes out to her and the entire family.

Posted by: epjd | October 27, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

td,
I wondered the same thing about Debbie. She's the only choreographer I hear about. I think she directs That's so Raven as well.

LTL,
Jennifer's sister, the boy's mother, was at a press conference on Saturday. I don't think she was at the house when everything happened.

Posted by: petalceleb | October 27, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

LTL1, Jennifer Hudson's sister is safe, I saw her on the news over the weekend.

Posted by: milesdy | October 27, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for letting me know...

Posted by: LTL1 | October 27, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

This is so heartbreaking about Jennifer Hudson's family. She seems like such a sweet girl - and I think that makes us all the more sad when something terrible happens. I hope she can keep out of the reach of cameras and microphones for a while as she and her family try to cope with this tragedy.

Posted by: jaybbub | October 27, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Keep in mind that Elizabeth Hasselbeck got started as a contestant on Survivor. She didn't seem too swift back then and continues thinking in the slow lane today.

Miley Cyrus's 20-year-old boyfriend "bunking" at Cyrus house?

Who are they kidding? My money's on...

Miley Cyrus and her 20-year-old boyfriend are "boinking" at Cyrus house?

Posted by: brutal | October 27, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

poor J-Hud. Also, I can't believe Hassleback is on the campaign trail. And what's up with the Madonna gym rumor? I hope that after she divorces Ritchie she sells the diamond engagement ring he gave her to www.idonowidont.com and finally close the chapter on this marriage once and for all. Thats what I did after I divorced my hubby! Love you Madge!

Posted by: SonyaGrrl | October 27, 2008 7:40 PM | Report abuse