Posted at 7:51 AM ET, 10/ 9/2008

Morning Mix: Brangelina Brood Returns to France

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Brangelina brood returns to France... Oprah to appear at Obama campaign events... Courteney Cox says she "hated" Botox... Tom Cruise is a "maniac," says Lauren Bacall... Jason Priestley to direct episode of new "90210"... "Quantum of Solace" set accident forced Daniel Craig to have plastic surgery... Brooke Hogan turns down Playboy offer... Cameron Diaz blames romantic troubles on being a "spoiled brat"... Hugh Hefner surprised by Holly Madison break-up... Katie Holmes trades in jeans for leather leggings... Josh Brolin opens up about "W" wrap party police scuffle.

Crime Watch: Gerard Butler accused of punching paparazzo... Britney Spears rejects plea deal in driver's license case; driver involved in new fender-bender... John Cusack's stalker heads to trial.

Rumor Mill: Jamie Lynn Spears pregnant again, says tabloid; not true, replies TMZ.com... Taylor Swift and Joe Jonas break up... Mischa Barton says Victoria Beckham isn't stylish.

Say What?
"You've got a hot bod; don't keep it to yourself. Why wear a pantsuit when you can wear a swimsuit? Welcome to the Lower 49, girlfriend." -- Paris Hilton's advice for Sarah Palin, in the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar.

"What Jay and I have is real. It's not about interviews or getting the right photo op. It's real." -- Beyonce, Essence magazine's November cover girl, in which she is interviewed.

Video: Paris Hilton and Martin Sheen talk fake presidencies...

See more Paris Hilton videos at Funny or Die

And, Diddy comments on "that one"...

Chat Day: Join this one at 2 p.m. ET for this week's edition of Celebritology Live.

By Liz Kelly  | October 9, 2008; 7:51 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Save Ginger from Aubrey O'Day
Next: 2008 Celebritology Honors: Amy Winehouse Bottoms Out; Britney Bounces Back

Comments

Celebs & politics - Oh, my God!

Posted by: Who cares? | October 9, 2008 8:13 AM | Report abuse

She's got my fake vote!

Posted by: rachelt | October 9, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin | October 9, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

As much as I hate Paris Hilton, I couldn't stop my self from laughing. Charlie Sheen popping in helped, but the bit was funny on its own.

Posted by: Brutal | October 9, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Diddy needs to shut up! McCain screwed up royally with the "that one" comment, but let's not make this issue bigger than it needs to be. It showed that McCain is ignorant and out of touch. Let's not blow it up in the media and talk about it for the next month. Make your statement about "that one" on November 4th.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Why all the venom over the past few days for the "Girls Next Door." If you watched the show you would know that Holly, Bridget, and Kendra are very sweet and and if I dare say innocent. Their families are part of the show and there is nothing trashy about them.

Posted by: badabingo | October 9, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

My favorite thing about the JL Spears story is that they claim she didn't know she could get pregnant while breast feeding. So I can understand why that fun fact would be left out of normal sex ed talks - someone needs to have the birds and bees discussion with that girl already! Bring Bristol too!

Posted by: sjcpeach | October 9, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Good morning - a belated shout out to Methinks. Hope you are enjoying your reunion with your son, home safe now from Iraq. Tell him thanks from all of us!

Turning to matters of celebritology, are Katie Holmes' leather leggings from the Lindsay Lohan collection?

Posted by: new england | October 9, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, Brooke Hogan. We appreciate you looking out for us. *shudder*

Posted by: jaybbub | October 9, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Look at poor Suri all bundled up in that pic of Katie Holmes. Reminds me of Jack-o's kid Blanket.

It can't be normal to grow up thinking that you have to hide your face every time you go out.

I hope they're socking away some money for therapy (or for the oncoming Great Depression.)

Posted by: Roxie | October 9, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

I have no snark this morning for some reason. But I thought i would at least include this link.

the independent movie theater here in town is trying to get the world record for the largest group of people doing the Thriller dance. This is our illustrious mayor getting into the action.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 9, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I don't get why Katie Holmes can't dress herself properly. Leather leggings? C'mon...Katie...

Posted by: methinks | October 9, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

"My favorite thing about the JL Spears story is that they claim she didn't know she could get pregnant while breast feeding."

Heck, I know of a doctor who made that mistake. She may have even been an OB-GYN. So it's either a serious misconception (pardon the pun) or it's a good "ooopsie" cover story.

Posted by: 23112 | October 9, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Whoops - Brangelina - you're current home is in Berlin, NOT France! I can understand how you got confused, though. Hope some one can run over with your stuff if you decide to stay! (which I doubt).

Posted by: Amelia | October 9, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Do we have to add giving your SO a chocolate model of your lady parts to our list of things leading up to the imminent break up? At least Holly finally realized that it was time to move on - she dated Hef for over FIVE years!

Posted by: Betty | October 9, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

From the Josh Brolin story: "So why is Brolin going public with this now, three month after the incident and a month before the trial? Simple. He was waiting for the authorities in Louisiana to drop charges and make amends, to no avail."

BWAHAHA...it couldn't have anything to do with a certain movie coming out now, could it?

Posted by: 23112 | October 9, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Has no one ever told Mizz Spears about this little thing called a condom? Or maybe a Nuvaring? The Pill? ANYTHING?!

Posted by: EricS | October 9, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

badabingo,
Thanks for the laugh this morning. The girls next door have nude pictures taken of themselves for a living, sleep with a 100 year old man, live in the Playboy mansion where wild parties are a weekly occurrence, and are too sleazy to ever have a real job.
I guess your definition of sweet and innocent is a lot different then most peoples definition.

Posted by: anon | October 9, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

You know, for what it's worth I hope that when I'm 82 I look as good and have as much energy as the Hef. (And a couple 28 year girlfriends wouldn't be bad either)

Posted by: Dorkus | October 9, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

So is Paris Hilton going to now make a career of making three minute Funny or Die videos?
I guess that's something of a step up from being a professional party girl/parasitic leech.

Posted by: methinks | October 9, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

anon - There have been no wild parties going on at the Playboy mansion since the early 80's. All the parties today are corporate gigs where you rent out the facilities like you would rent any conference center. So posing nude makes you a horrible person, but playing violent pro sports and abusing you body to the point that have are pratically crippled by your 30s makes you a national hero.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

anonymous,
WTF are you talking about? What does posing nude and playing sports have to do with each other?
I think you may need to change your meds!

Posted by: abon | October 9, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

And by the way if you don't think there are still wild parties going on at the Playboy mansion you are either very naive or very stupid.

Posted by: anon | October 9, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: anon | October 9, 2008 9:54 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: Boring exchange | October 9, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Watch the show. The mansion is basically a hotel. The employees are totally normal people. There are no wild orgies.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

I watched The Girls Next Door quite a bit. I completely believe that Holly had genuine affections for Hef. However, deluding yourself into thinking that you're going to snag an 82 year old guy into another marriage...with more kids... it gives blondes a bad name!

Kendra and Bridget are just along for the ride, although, I think Bridget, at 35, better get off soon!

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | October 9, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I think Bridget, at 35, better get off soon!

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | October 9, 2008 10:17 AM

So to speak...

Posted by: jes | October 9, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

What side effects will the Brangelina fugue state have on the kids? Perhaps they will start speaking some weird language that only they know (combo of English/French/German/African dialect/Thai/Vietnemese etc). Does anyone speak Cajun anymore?

Dorkus, when you start making the moolah like Hugh, I'm sure you'll have your 28 girlfriends. Even if you are 100 and wear pajamas all day.

If the leather leggings weren't bad enough, Katie made them sooo much worse by trying to dress them down with a collared top and sweater. Is she going to a nightclub or a pta meeting? Somehow, I'm sure this is Tom's fault.

Posted by: hodie | October 9, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

You tell 'em, Lauren Bacall! (Though why there's an article "celebrating" Nicole Kidman is beyond me. Is she ill or something?)

Nicole's quotes about Tom are most excellent -- basically says wow her love with Keith is amazing and "I hope Tom has the same thing" then later correcting herself with, er, I mean, "I know he has this," etc.

I am still mad at Mimi Rogers for introducing that nutjob to Scientology.

I can see Jason Priestly's directorial style now, "You need to get into the oeuvre of The Peach Pit. Feel it. Be it. Adding a scary dated D.A. and long sideburns help too. Good! Now, let's get to some ACTING!"

And methinks, my heartfelt thanks to your son for his service. Bravo.

Posted by: td | October 9, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

"Playboy's Unabashed Dictionary defines "wrinkled old bag" as (i) what Holly Madison will be in 60 years, and (ii) what she won't have to look at anymore once she moves out of the mansion."

Posted by: byoolin | October 9, 2008 8:53 AM
-----------------------------------------------
hahahhahahhahahahhahaha!
Comment of the week!

Posted by: jelo | October 9, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Okay, Brangelina moving is no longer news. If they stay put in one place for a reasonable period of time -- then it is news.

The girls next door are NOT innocent. They appear nude for money, they have nothing that Hef does not give them. The one moving out is going with the clothes on her back and that is it. They knew the deal when they moved in. These are not the girls next door, they are the prostitutes next door.

Posted by: ep | October 9, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

BTW, should someone tell Paris Hilton that there are *48* states in the continental U.S.? Last time I checked, Hawaii wasn't attached.

Posted by: jelo | October 9, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

hooray for Britney for using a driver!

Posted by: other liz | October 9, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

John Cusack's stalker - isn't his testifying kinda like an unintentional reward to the stalker since she'll see him in the courtroom?

How awkward for him, though (I mean it's not like his friends are going, "you've made it dude! you have a STALKER!" anymore -- well, maybe Jeremy Piven is, as he holds up his Emmy and laughs manically).

Though if the stalker sees John and freaks out and drools or starts shouting lines from "Say Anything," I imagine it would only help his case.

Posted by: td | October 9, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sjcpeach | October 9, 2008 9:20 AM

Actually, breast feeding does block ovulation, just not very effectively. She'd be better off using actual birth control, but there is a basis for that belief.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Maybe the Brangelina children will speak one of those languages like Papiamentu or Esperanto.
And a smattering of English, naturlich.

Posted by: methinks | October 9, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 10:41 AM

I have 5 siblings from this type of "birth control".

Posted by: Yikes | October 9, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Ok, I gotta say--the Paris Hilton video is actually pretty funny. Loves it! Peace out.

Posted by: Sappho | October 9, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

I idea that breastfeeding will prevent you from becoming pregnant is an idea from classic folk medicine. It does to a certain degree but is not effective enough to rely on. In most third world countries this is a common practice. In fact when Nestle started pushing baby formula on poor people in Africa the claim that it would increase the birth rate was a criticism.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I have 5 siblings from this type of "birth control".

Posted by: Yikes | October 9, 2008 10:48 AM

Copy that. And my mother's boobs hang down to the floor!

Posted by: Waste of time | October 9, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Does Josh Brolin think that the Louisiana authorities are going to treat him better AFTER they see his portrayal of George Bush?

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | October 9, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

daniel craig: not the FACE!!!!

hef, needy much? why is it ok that he has a harem? those poor fundamentalist mormons are always catching flack, but hef? he's just a lucky old bastard!

Posted by: wats | October 9, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Let me get this straight...Mischa Barton is actually slamming how Posh dresses? MISCHA BARTON?? I am no Posh fanatic (or hater) but I've seen this woman in far more better ensembles than Ms. Barton. 90% of the outfits I've seen Mischa wear were just plain hideous. Her character on the OC dressed better than she does. Mischa is KRAZAR!

I will always love Gerard Butler for his role of Leonidas in "300"...ALWAYS!

Posted by: SlackingAgain | October 9, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Hey look for me and Mr Hodie in the next James Bond flick "Quantum of Solace". Last May, we were in Sienna and stumbled upon the filming of a crowd scene in the piazza il Campo. Alas, Daniel Craig was not there that day. :-(

Posted by: hodie gives a shameless plug of her upcoming movie | October 9, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

wow, for a minute there, i thought anon and anonymous were going to get into a cat fight! i kept picturing tommy lee jones as two-fact in one of the earlier batman movies....

Posted by: b | October 9, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Alors! the Jolie-Pitts are on the road again.

Posted by: Curmudgeon waves bu-bye with her little white hanky | October 9, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

I'm still trying to recover from that photo of Melanie Griffith on the Post home page. Coupled with the caption "Get up close and personal" -- whoa.

Where in the world is Brangelina today?
(a) Germany
(b) France
(c) New Orleans
(d) Los Angeles
(e) New York
(f) Somewhere in Africa
(g) All of the above

Posted by: Californian | October 9, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: b | October 9, 2008 11:44 AM

The sure sign of a life of quiet desperation..the Net fight, not Tommy Lee Jones.

Posted by: Meow | October 9, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Californian:

and the bigger question is Why?

a. filming a movie
b.giving birth
c. being saints
d. red carpet
e. red carpet
f. adding to their "collection"
g. b/c they are seeking adoration to make up for some other inadequacy in their lives.

Congrats! They got (g) by being so admired in the celebritology awards!

Posted by: Amelia | October 9, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Amelia | October 9, 2008 12:15 PM

Aren't you doing the same thing right now??? What is the inadequacy in your life?

Posted by: Pot meet kettle | October 9, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Why does Jason Priestley still have the same haircut that "Brandon" had back in high school?

Posted by: clw wonders aloud | October 9, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

I'm afraid to look at the Gallery / Eye on Entertainment in the Celebritology banner. Could someone tell me please if that's Salma Hayek as the St. Pauli Girl cavorting with Ted Danson, fresh from a revival of "1776"?

Oh wait. The more I look at this, the more I kinda like the Fraulein Salma look (and I am no fan of hers usually). Never mind.

Posted by: td | October 9, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td | October 9, 2008 1:51 PM

LOL!! There is something weirdly-freaky- Nazi about this photo....."Seven Beauties"?

Posted by: Ha, ha | October 9, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td | October 9, 2008 1:51 PM

It's Jefferson's mistress telling him, once again, that breastfeeding is not an effective birth control, massa'!

Posted by: ! | October 9, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Hef breaks up with Holly Madison. Brooke Hogan turns down posing offer from Playboy. Coincidence? Or is Hef cruising for a replacement?

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 9, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Methinks: I know the anonymous posters on the blog don't like the 'inside' nature of some of the conversation but I love that so many good-hearted people said kind things to me about my son yesterday and that you, Liz Kelly, just congratulated regular readers/participants on their wedding. Isn't that one of the things the Internet was supposed to do? Help us all hold hands and sing a virtual Kumbaya??

What a baby!!! Virtual Kumbaya on a CELEB blog??

Posted by: Oh, brother! | October 9, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Help us all hold hands and sing a virtual Kumbaya??

What a baby!!! Virtual Kumbaya on a CELEB blog??

Posted by: Oh, brother! | October 9, 2008 3:00 PM
------------
you really don't get it do you,man?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

The BIG question about Oprah and Obama is: Will she put a picture of Obama (instead of the usual) on the cover of O Magazine?

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 9, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 9, 2008 3:27 PM

---------------------------------------

Well, now, that would be a welcome change.

Posted by: Curmudgeon votes for Change | October 9, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Oh Brother, why did you copy that over here when it was posted on the live chat. Does it really matter?

And, are people really bothered that folks posted they are happy that Methinks has her son back home safe and sound?!!

Curmudgeon, I second that vote!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse