Posted at 8:32 AM ET, 10/31/2008

Morning Mix: Madonna and A-Rod -- Together Again?

By Liz Kelly

On Thursday, Sarah Jessica Parker joined other volunteers calling undecided voters at Barack Obama's campaign headquarters in New York. (AP)

Friday

Headlines: Monday memorial service set for Jennifer Hudson's family... Hudson creates foundation for murder victim families... "Sick" Gwyneth Paltrow cancels appearance at Virginia Obama event... Michael Jackson says he won't be part of Jackson 5 reunion... Janet Jackson cancels Connecticut concert... Lindsay Lohan not gay, says girl expert Joe Francis... Russell Brand resigns from BBC radio show amid scandal... Jessica Simpson's new movie renamed, goes straight to DVD in U.S... Pete Wentz says Ashlee Simpson is ready to give birth... Supermodel Niki Taylor pregnant... Corey Haim engaged to "Princess of Scream"... Estelle Reiner (see her in action at the end of this clip) dead at 94... Celebs share sobriety stories in new book... Peter Frampton irate about stolen Obama yard signs (yet still OK with this)... Sienna Miller sues photo agency for invasion of privacy... Katie Holmes, dominatrix?

Wannabes: Joe the Plumber hires Nashville publicity team.

Rumor Mill Special Report -- Madge & Guy: Madonna and A-Rod rendevous in at Jerry Seinfeld's Hamptons home.

Rumor Mill: Jon Hamm in talks for "30 Rock" multi-episode story arc... Paris Hilton, dumped by longtime manager, reaches for the stars.

Say What?
"This is the night I can get super freaky. I can go, basically, nude." -- Ice T's wife, Coco, who apparently doesn't understand the whole Halloween thing.

Halloween, Made By You: Considering the humbling video producer Rocci and I posted here last week, I'm sure you've got your own celeb-inspired costumes locked and loaded. Share pix of yourself in costume in our reader-submitted photo gallery. A little inspiration from Kim Kardashian.

By Liz Kelly  | October 31, 2008; 8:32 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Crossdressing Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Mmm Mmm Good!
Next: Hollywood Horrors: Ghoulish Gossip-Inspired Tales

Comments

Well, well, well.

Looks as if Someone made a BIG impression on our gal Madonna.

Maybe that's why they call him A-Rod?

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | October 31, 2008 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Please, oh please, let the Jon Hamm/30Rock rumors be true. That would be great, for the show AND for Liz Lemon (not to mention Tina Fey even though she's married.)

Posted by: pras40 | October 31, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

"It's not known what the Bronx Bomber, 33, and the Material Mom, 50 - who insist they are just friends - did during their stay at Seinfeld's 12-acre spread."

Let's speculate:
* Sit through hours of old VHS tapes of A-Rod baseball games (both)
* Dance around house in a pink ballgown singing "Material Girl" (him)
* Adjust self in baseball pinstripes talking about balls (her)
* Play catch while watching "A League of Their Own" (both)
* Play Che (her) and Eva Peron (him) and lip-synch to "Evita" (both)
* Watch "Swept Away" and LAUGH (him)
* Plan sequel to "Truth or Dare" featuring Guy and A-Rod (both)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 31, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I thought the only race SJP was interested in was the Belmont Stakes.

Gwyneth is looking good in that picture. Maybe the GOOP is working for her.

Pete Wentz's goal "To make sure the baby's name would work as either "a rock star or a senator," he said."

-Yeah but the kid is still a Simpson/Wentz spawn, so I think there's a good chance the kid will never have enough talent to be a rock star, nor the brains to be a senator.

Seinfeld, A-Rod, Madonna all in one place? I'm surprised that convergence of egos didn't knock the Earth off of its orbit.

(12 hours till costume time...)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 31, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

SJP must have a most sweet and soothing voice! It seems to have sent the volunteer next to her to sleep.

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 31, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 31, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Gwyneth Paltrow's main symptoms: goopyness, souciance.

Michael Jackson says he won't be part of Jackson 5 reunion. Director Peter Jackson volunteers to fill in.

Janet Jackson cancels Connecticut concert. Peter Jackson? There for you, babe.

I can't wait to get me one of those Jessica Simpson "Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous" coasters.

Pete Wentz quotes Ashlee: "She's hot all the time," added Wentz. "She's like 'I wish I was in Canada right now.'" Nononononono - that's what you people have Alaska for.

If you don't read carefully, there's a sentence that looks like it says "Corey Haim engaged to "Princess of Scream" Estelle Reiner."

Celebs share sobriety stories. Because it's so much more interesting to hear Kelsey Grammer talk about the time he woke up sober and felt good about it than it is to hear about the time he snorted coke from a hooker's cleavage.

Peter Frampton: "I want you/ to show me the way/ my signs went."

Wonkette has a nice piece about how The Onion anticipated Joe the Plumber nearly ten years ago: http://wonkette.com/403984/the-onion-predicted-joe-the-plumber-crap-in-1993

It would seem that Coco-T knows as much about Hallowe'en as Ice knows about acting.

Kim Kardashian pic: "Oh, my God, it's full of stars!"

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 31, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Is Joe Francis the new gaydar? I can't access the link until I get home.

At this point I think all Jessica Simpson movies can go straight to VHS.

On the upside Gwyneth was well enough to give the masses a GOOP update so she's done her part.

I'm confused, how does Coco's Halloween frock differ from what she wears every other day of the year?

Posted by: petalceleb | October 31, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

OMG, Liz, thanks for the memories with the Sgt Pepper clip! I was a tweener when this came out originally and of course all of us were in love with Peter Frampton and the Bee Gees. You certainly do get a different perspective watching as an adult, however....

Katie Holmes, dominatrix?....not likely. I see her kept in a locked closet at home and let out occasionally when she has been very good. Notice you never see photos of Katie with other people unless Tom is there. (Suri doesn't count).

Oh come on Michael, why not join in the family reunion tour. I know you think they want to cash in on your past success as a singer/entertainer and current success as a weirdo (and I'm sure they do), but if there had never been a Jackson 5, would the world have ever known about you?

Gwyneth sick. Chris Martin sick. Janet cancels again. Mmmm. Is something going around attacking celebrities? Alert the NIH! We have to nip this in the bud now or else we might have to go back to the dark ages of reading books! Owe the humanity! (I really do hate that phrase, but seemed appropriate).

Posted by: hodie | October 31, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Stoopid double post.

Hmm...that's actually the best picture I've ever seen of Kim Kardashian. And is it a bad sign that I'm more interested in Katie Holmes' shoes than whatever outfit she's wearing from Overlord and Taylor?

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 31, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

"Is Joe Francis the new gaydar?" petalceleb, you win Excellent Quote of the Day!!

Posted by: jaybbub | October 31, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me or does Ice T's wife look like she is a nano-second away from baring her fangs and going straight for the jugular for a nice blood supper? She scares me now, and she hasn't even taken her first sock off...

Posted by: LTL1 | October 31, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Knowing Cincinnati and Indian Hill the way I (unfortunately) do, I'd say Peter Frampton is lucky he didn't get a brick through his window.

Posted by: possum_pouch | October 31, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Let's make it two days in a row, people. Shout out to The Swayze - keep rockin', Patrick! We're here for you.

Posted by: jaybbub | October 31, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Possum you are right about that! Didn't know that Peter Frampton was in my neck of the woods. Boy, has he not aged well... Are you in Cinci, Possum?

Posted by: hodie | October 31, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, nice SJP/Belmont connection!

byoolin, I was thinking former MTV VJ J.J. Jackson might blend in more than Peter would. Nice idea either way. (Actually, Victoria Jackson is built more like Michael though; put a wig on her. . . . hmmm.)

And I've rethought the plans for Madonna and A-Rod. I've decided that they're just going to wear pinstriped sheets with eyeholes cut out and run around the house at night scaring the pants off Jerry's kids by waving flashlights and quoting TMZ stories as the Ghosts of Tabloid Fame Future.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 31, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | October 31, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I don't know if it's the new registration system, the lack of good gossip, or the presidential election, but comments on this blog have fallen off a cliff in recent weeks.

Posted by: buffysummers | October 31, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Sorry for the double post. I notice alot of us are having that problem. When I try to submit, it takes FOREVER and then appears that it doesn't go so I submit again. What's up with that?

Posted by: hodie | October 31, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Russell Brand is like Robbie Williams. A guy who can't catch a cab here but is inexplicably famous in the U.K. Ever pick up Britain's HELLO! magazine? I'm lucky if I recognize anybody -- were it not for the sporadic shot of the Royal Family, Sting/Trudy Styler or Iman/David Bowie, I'd be completely lost.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 31, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Count me as surprised that Jerry Seinfeld is friends with Madonna much less that he pimps for her. I liked it better when he was hanging with Elaine and George.

And I think SJP looks lovely in that photo.

Posted by: msame | October 31, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Way to overcome your bottom girl past Coco. Nice to see you have come so far.

Guess Gwinnie didn't take her own cleansing advice.

Posted by: epjd | October 31, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

I think it's a little of all three, buffy. (But mostly the last two. Somebody go pop the lock on Gary Busey's cage, we need some excitement around here.)

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 31, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Hodie, I moved away long ago and now live on Possum Island.
If only Peter had lived there when I was growing up! There would have been scads of girls in peasant blouses, drinking Little Kings and stripping on his lawn!

Posted by: possum_pouch | October 31, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

I have a name prediction on the Simpson-Wentz baby.

"Wentz, 29, says 'She wants to have it because it's, like, a struggle to go up and down the stairs...going out in public's insane...She's like 'I wish I was in Canada right now.' Our room temperature is set to, like, 34 degrees. It's insane!'"

Fast forward to the delivery room. He's dutifully holding up her left leg. She pushes the baby out. He cries out, "IT'S INSANE!"

The nurses write down "Insane Simpson Wentz" on the name card. Destiny fulfilled.

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 31, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Does SJP call voters and identify herself? Pretend she's Carrie Bradshaw? Either way it must seem like a gag for those on the receiving end of the phone.

"Hi, This is Sarah Jessica Parker and I want you to get out and vo-- what? Parker. P-A-R-no no no, you're thinking of Sarah Michelle Geller, she was Buffy -- I was on HBO for a while and originally started my career as Annie on Broadway a loooong time ago. That curly red wig was brutal! Why else would I be shilling Garnier Nutrisse now? Being an actress is murder on your scalp. Barack Obama really cares about -- oh, and before you ask, let me assure you that there's absolutely no truth to the rumor that my husband had an affair with some skanquey twentysomething -- what? Right, the election! That's why I'm calling, Samantha, er, Mrs. Elena Garcia of Queens! Please go to the polls on Tuesday and -- puh-leeze, like anybody would go for Matthew's doughy ol' body right now anyway, lemme tell you -- yes, yes, the election! Please pull the lever -- hee hee, er, nevermindskipit -- for Barack Obama and Joe Biden and join me and others in our special Elects in the City effort. Thank you for making a difference."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 31, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Now that two of Jessica Simpson's movies have gone straight to DVD producers will wise up and STOP CASTING HER!

Posted by: sjcpeach | October 31, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Did you catch Ice-T's response to his wife's comment?

Ice adds that he's not worried about guys' getting too frisky around his spouse: "Men know I'll punch them in the mouth, but women! You've got to pay attention to these girls, because they'll come right up and grope your chick in front of you."

Oh, it's just so romantic, it makes me want to cry. At least I think that's why I want to cry -- I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Posted by: 44west | October 31, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone catch "The View" this morning?

Posted by: jezebel3 | October 31, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Liz, is there no Main Post today?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 31, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Another October-in-NY picture of Suri with bare legs and no coat! It's cold here, people! Donate tights and sweaters to this unfortunate little girl---Save Suri Now!

Posted by: chantooz | October 31, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

"Corey Haim engaged to "Princess of Scream"... Estelle Reiner"

Whoa. I did a double-take before I realized those were two separate entries.

Joe Francis, huh? Silly me for not realizing "misogynist" and "girl expert" were synonymous.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 31, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Kim Kardashian should be banned from dressing as Wonder Woman. Kim does not have "The Gap" that devotees of Wonder Woman know and love. Many boys in early adolescence fantasized about Wonder Woman's Gap.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 31, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Here's to Jon Hamm being on ANYTHING on TV. I'm really bummed I missed him on SNL,I just couldn't stay awake that nite.

I <3 the shoes Katie Holmes has on with her dominatrix pants.

Posted by: wadejg | October 31, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Jezebel3, The Lovely Mrs. byoolin sent me an emailed this morning that read in its entirety:

Jerry Springer is on The View and he's dressed as Barbara Bush.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 31, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Sas, saw a great WonderWoman costume at Target. I passed only because I sadly can't fill her shoes either. Where is Lynda Carter these days?

Posted by: hodie | October 31, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Jerry Springer was dressed as Barbara's bush?

Oh, never mind.....

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 31, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Hodie, Lynda Carter has become one of DC's High Society Cave Dwellers with her long marriage to power attorney Robert Altman. According to the Wikipedia entry, she's also recently gone into rehab for alcohol abuse. In a life-imitates-art episode, she recently found a dead body floating in the Potomac while on a rowing workout.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 31, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Wow, Sas, almost sorry I asked. An appropriate Halloween update.

Posted by: hodie | October 31, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I'd say Kim Kardashian looks more like Wonderbra Woman.

And for byoolin and Californian, I have this to scream (very loudly, caps intentional): I'LL HAVE WHAT SHE'S HAVING!

Happy Halloween!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 31, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

OH NOOOoooooooooo!

byoolin and the lovely Mrs. byoolin were discussing Jerry Springer, Barbara Bush, and The View this morning.

I wonder which of these is doomed.

Posted by: bmschumacher | October 31, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

OH NOOOoooooooooo!

I wonder which of these is doomed.

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | October 31, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

whoops - looks like the server hiccupped again

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | October 31, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

RIP Studs Terkel, at age 96. Twenty-five years to the day after that other Chicago institution, Papa Bear George Halas.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 31, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse