Posted at 7:03 AM ET, 10/20/2008

Morning Mix: Madonna Divorce Already Getting Ugly

By Liz Kelly

Pink poses for pictures with fans on the red carpet at the annual Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) Awards in Sydney, Australia on Sunday. (Reuters)

Monday

Headlines: Madonna's publicist says no divorce settlement has been reached... Guy Ritchie says he doesn't understand Kabbalah... Biological father of Madonna's adopted son says he might be better off back in Malawi... Angelina Jolie admits she and Brad Pitt fell in love on "Mr. and Mrs. Smith set (duh), speaks about refugees at Council on Foreign Relations... Halle Berry opens up about her sex life... Sean Penn makes second visit to Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez... Blink-182's Travis Barker released from burn center... Princes William and Harry motorbike across South Africa... Rose McGowan announces engagement to director Robert Rodriguez... "High School Musical's" Zac Efron celebrates 21st birthday... Mr. Blackwell, chronicler of Hollywood's worst dressed, dies at 86.

Video: Sarah who? Mark Wahlberg made a surprise visit to "SNL" to ask Andy Samberg about this:

Crime Watch: "Soul Train's" Don Cornelius arrested on suspicion of domestic violence... Andy Dick gets three years probation in July battery case... Actor Bonnie Sommerville mugged leaving Hollywood party.

Rumor Mill: U.K. tabloid claims Madonna wants to have child with A-Rod, Ritchie called Madge a "granny" compared to her back-up dancers... Lilo and SamRo gave each other silent treatment on train ride to D.C.... Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen planning wedding?... Did David Duchovny's relationship with tennis coach end marriage?... Katherine Heigl and husband planning Korean adoption?... Britney Spears planning surprise appearance at MTV Europe Awards?...

REGISTRATION ARRIVES! By the end of the day (or so I'm told) only registered washingtonpost.com users will be able to leave comments here (and on all post.com blogs). We're hoping this will cut down on spammers, denial of service attacks and general mayhem perpetrated by virtual jackbooted thugs. So, make sure you're registered. And remember, your post.com user name will appear with your comments once the switch is flipped.

By Liz Kelly  | October 20, 2008; 7:03 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: One More Time: Britney Hits the Web Again
Next: Comment Box: In Which We Again Consider the Question 'Is The Brangelina Brood Too Big?'

Comments

Madonna's divorce settlement: Does Ritchie want it all - lock, stock and two smoking barrels?

Guy Ritchie doesn't understand Kabbalah. And yet, he could understand Brad Pitt's character in "Snatch."

Dorkus, I fully expected to see your name in those Halle Berry revelations. My condolences, man.

Princes William and Harry motorbike across South Africa. The Lovely Mrs. byoolin says only Canadians say "motorbike," Liz Kelly.

Here's hoping Mr. Blackwell gets buried in a really ugly suit.

How we know she's adopting: Katherine Heigl has already announced she will not accept any Parent Of The Year Awards.

Posted by: byoolin lives to register for things. | October 20, 2008 8:14 AM | Report abuse

RIP Mr. Blackwell. We shall all dress well in your honor. We hope, anyway. Don't strike us with lightening if we fail.

Having our user name appear is no fun. I like the funny, topic appropriate handles.

Posted by: ep | October 20, 2008 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Registration, yay, already did it for the new blog for that "other" Kelly. You know--older, uglier, spent the year in England...

I didn't know Sarah Silverman was on SNL.

Posted by: Red Dragon | October 20, 2008 8:27 AM | Report abuse

As do I, EP. Unfortunately, a small contingent of persistent rule breakers (see rules above) have forced our hand.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | October 20, 2008 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Madonna's divorce getting ugly?

Good deal!

There's nothing like the smell of an ugly celeb divorce in the morning.

Posted by: Curmudgeon is still laughing at the byoolin post | October 20, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

I'm on Team Guy, but I do think that he bears some responsbility in participating in this adoption of a child who still has a living parent and who Guy never really seemed to want.

Guy HAD to know that Madonna was just trying to fill some selfish need - or, hopping on the celebrity-adopts-child-from-poor-country-bandwagon.

The article:

"David's father told The Sun newspaper in London that his natural son shouldn't be in the middle of a messy divorce now that Madonna and Guy Ritchie have announced their plans to part ways.

"This woman, Madonna, told me herself that David was beautiful and made her happy and she promised to take good care of him," Banda said.

So now, instead of no mother, the child will have no father. No father b/c Guy didn't want him and he's cut off from his natural father by geography, etc.

Posted by: Amelia | October 20, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

I gots nothing funny to say... Down with the trolls who caused all this... they suck.

Posted by: LTL says goodby to funny monikers with a tear. | October 20, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Gosh, maybe Madge and her kids need to move to Malawi so David can be near his biological father.

Posted by: Curmudgeon a.k.a. bmschumacher | October 20, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Thank you for the Mark Wahlberg SNL clip, Liz. I missed SNL and that's really the only part I cared to catch up on.

And I fear that I shall be much easier to identify with the new comment system...

Posted by: Sully shall don monocle in lieu of moniker to protect her identity | October 20, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

So who was responsible for Madonna before kaballah?

Don't worry Guy, it's NOT a religion; tha's why you can't understand it. make a quick settlement and get out as fast as you can.

Posted by: Stick | October 20, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Ditto.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | October 20, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

methinks
methought
methunk
sigh. goodbye celebritology handle.

Posted by: methinks | October 20, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

And Hugo Chavez said, "Señor Penn, we are so grateful you have decided to film your new movie here, 'Harold & Kumar Go to Caracas.'" (Sorry, that's the best I got this morning. The early birds have beaten me to the punch.)

Posted by: td | October 20, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

It's just not my morning, the first thing I had to do was deal with a certain package delivery service that did not pick up a package on Friday, and now I hear that Halle Berry wouldn't want a boy-toy in his twenties. Hopefully the rest of my day will get better.

Well, I guess the only good news is that the Texas Longhorns are number 1 in the BCS.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 20, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

grgrfgdfg

Posted by: blah | October 20, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

I suppose I could re-register using my handle.

Guy Ritchie, no one understands Kabbalah don't feel bad.

I like to think that I am tangentially responsible for the Rose McGowan/Robert Rodriguez nuptials since one of the first gifts that Robert bought Rose was one of my cousin's paintings.

Posted by: Dorkus clinging to the remotest of celebrity connections | October 20, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

So, Madonna wants to have a "natural" child with A-Fraud? Is she not aware that she's 50?

She could possibly have *biological* children with him, if she froze her eggs some years back & got a techonolgical assist, but 50-year-old women do not have natural children.

Posted by: LittleMissMuskrat | October 20, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Boo on handle-taking-away.

I always thought Ritchie's films were pretty one dimensional and repetitive. Kind of like Madonna's music.

Posted by: jelo | October 20, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

So Madonna sucks more publicity of of yet another unfortunate event. What else is new?

Posted by: Islamorada Girl | October 20, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Is this the end of Zombie Shakespeare?

Posted by: Zombie Shakespeare | October 20, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

grgrfgdfg

Posted by: blah | October 20, 2008 9:24 AM

*****

Now, gang, don't get all knicker-knotted about the registration thing. It will be worth it if just one troll - like our friend 'blah' here - chokes to death on his registration.

And anyway, you can sort of get around the handle thing by simply putting in the body of your post, like so:

Posted by: byoolin recognizes that it's an imperfect system, but smiles when the trolls turn blue.

Posted by: byoolin | October 20, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

What's with this new crop of SNL actors who can't tear their gaze away from the tele-prompter. This guy only looked at Mark at the end, after most of his dialog was done. It just seems so unprofessional to have the cast staring off at stage left or right while the one talented person in the sketch is actually looking AT the person he's talking to. Oh, I miss the good old days...

Posted by: Even I can memorize a few lines | October 20, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Did David Duchovny's relationship with tennis coach end marriage?... That and his relationship with the neighbor,his baby sitter,his stylist, his groupie, his dental technician and the bag girl at the local Safeway.

Poor little David. What are the chances of his life being normal? I agree with his biological Dad. Perhaps he would be better off in Africa. Its true that money can't buy happiness.

RIP Mr. Blackwell. We lizards will, in your memory, do our best to point out the worst dressed wherever we see them.

If we reregister and chose our Monikers as our username, that should work. Right, Liz?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 20, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, would that delivery service have the initials FEDEX?

LittleMissMuskrat, women over sixty have given birth, I don't know if I would call it natural, though. A lot of medical intervention is involved.

Posted by: jake e. poo maybe using her nom de plume for the last time | October 20, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

OOPs, that was me 9;38. Obviously new system not working yet.

Posted by: hodie | October 20, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

It seems that Guy just went along with whatever Madonna wanted. Why didn't he just say no.

Mark Walburg's skit was hilarious, it's stupid but funny. Max Payne on the other hand, well.....

Posted by: petal, its Monday, its cold and I'm losing my handle. Owe the humanity! | October 20, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Crap, what am I registered under? Is it your email?

What makes youse guys think that the trolls aren't ALREADY registered post users? Even trolls like to keep up with world news ya know?

It may keep down spammers but nothing will keep a good troll down. Except maybea good goat or 2!

Anyhoo...Brad & Angie fell in love on the Mrr & Mrs. Smith set, Guy doesn't "get" Kaballah & in other News of the Obvious the Pope is STILL Catholic & water is STILL wet!

Posted by: Bored @ work | October 20, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the clip, Real Liz!
And to my fellow lizards, you know you can change your username, right?

Posted by: other liz is registered as other liz | October 20, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

When I reach 50 and I voice that I want to have another "natural" baby, someone please shoot me. That's what grandchildren are for.

Posted by: hodie | October 20, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Why yes, jake.e, that would be the initials of said delivery company.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 20, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

I just tried to re-register using a different e-mail address, and the part of the address before the @ is what's showing (I don't see an option to create a separate "username").

So keep your Celebritology handle, create a yahoo or hotmail account with that handle lettering before the @, and that should work, right?

Posted by: td is feeling a little like sybil now | October 20, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

hodie at 9:44 - Thanks for a good laugh! Of course the word "Grandma" to Madge would probably be the end of the world.

Posted by: K | October 20, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

OK, I was trying to resist, but now I'm going to get all schoolmarmy again after reading all these "natural" child comments.

My kids are adopted -- are they my "birth" children? No. However, they are most certainly "real," "natural," and "mine." No one will convince me otherwise -- they are neither synthetic nor unnatural.

(Well, at least that gives me a few ideas for my new WaPo handle. Hmm.)

Posted by: td, adoptive parent | October 20, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

I hope the comments don't get suddenly much less funny or sparse.

Posted by: LLL = £££ = lolyla | October 20, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone really think that when Maddona talked about having "natural" children with A-Fraud, that she was speaking of adoption?

I get td's point (I'm a birthmom myself, & consider my daughter to be my *biological* child, & her actual parents to be her *natural* parents), but I really don't think that's what Madonna was saying. YMMV.

Posted by: LittleMissMuskrat | October 20, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | October 20, 2008 9:44 AM
------------------
AMEN!! It's awesome.

Posted by: methinks | October 20, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

here're the questions that I want answered in these divorce proceedings....

1. Who is to blame for that horrible movie... you know what I'm talking about? And are viewers going to be reimbursed by such party?

2. Who will get the castle in Scotland?

3. Will Guy still use one of Madonna's songs randomnly in his movies after this is over?

Posted by: unmute | October 20, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Oh byoolin, made it to the Pha on Friday nite & there were so many witty, good lookin' urbane gents there I didn't know where to start!

Boy that place has changed just since I've been going to Wheeling in the last 10 years or so. Never thought I'd see the day when you'd see the word "cranberry" on the menu there anywhere that wasn't in relation to a Thanksgiving-y type dish!

Posted by: Bored @ work | October 20, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Don't fear Celebritologists you can register with WaPo using whatever user name you want. And if you have seperate email address for work, home, yahoo, etc. you can register multiple times with different names.

Posted by: Cleveland Brown | October 20, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

A long, long time ago, when I registered to washingtonpost.com, I registered as mdreader. A nice, anonymous name. That is what I will be known as from now on.

As for SNL, I think the verdict is in. Clearly, Senator McCain should have chosen Amy Poehler for his running mate.

Oh, and say hello to your mother for me.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky...soon to be mdreader to y'all! | October 20, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

*sigh*
i got nothing this a.m., so i will instead quote Monty Python:

video link:

or, if you have interweb nazis at your workplace:

"Mr. Praline: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!"

As you were.

Posted by: b, soon to become memphis1 | October 20, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

The Mark Wahlberg clip was great.

While Guy Ritchie is still struggling to understand Kaballah, the rest of us have moved on and are now befuddled by Scientology!

Hug it out and say "Hello!" to your mother for me.

Posted by: Brutal | October 20, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Oh crap! You mean I have to remember how I initially registered at WaPo? That might be too hard for me this morning.

I like Guy Ritchie and am looking forward to seeing RocknRolla. Absolutely love Brad Pitt in Snatch.

Anyone want to lay odds on what happens to A-Rod's career once he officially hooks up with Madonna?

Dorkus, sorry to hear that Texas is #1. No, really, I am.

Posted by: B'More Cat and Moniker Lover | October 20, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I checked to WaPo "Help" section and it says you can't change your user name, unless you contact them (through "Help" section) and ask, then they free up your email address and you can pick a new name. But don't know if this will work....especially with a computer illiterate like me!

Posted by: possum, at least for today | October 20, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Even I can memorize a few lines | October 20, 2008 9:38 AM

=========
Even..., the biggest culprits Saturday night were Adam Sandburg and Alec Baldwin. Alec never looked at Palin once. And perhaps they should have placed the teleprompter behind Mr. Walberg instead of Mr. Sandburg.

Or Lorne shouldn't be such a cheapskate and buy a second prompter.

I've a feeling that they really didn't believe Sarah would show up and (a) had Walberg there as a back-up and (b) threw the whole thing together at the last minute when both Palin and Walberg were there.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | October 20, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Madonna and the Dark Lord can have natural children -- he's going to bear them next off-season...

On a positive note, does this mean no more luvlindsey?
On a negative note, does this mean no one snarking on luvlindsey?

Man, I bet that was the top part of luvlindsey's day... Can I raise a glass of lizard juice to the amusing and funny perps?

Posted by: NC2 | October 20, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I really liked the Amy Pohler Weekend Update Sarah Palin skit - favorite part was Todd all decked out in hockey gear!

That said, Palin I see what you are doing but you still don't have my vote!

Posted by: sjcpeach | October 20, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

OK, here's how I would have written Saturday night's open.

Tina Fey steps up to the microphone and begins her first press conference.

Michael Palin walks out in full, Sarah Palin drag, challenges Tina by saying that she simply lacks the experience as a comedian to do this parody. He takes over the press conference.

Sarah Palin walks out and challenges Michael Palin by saying that she has enough foreign policy experience to know that he's British and, therefore, unqualified to parody an American candidate for VP. She takes over and delivers the opening tag line.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky, handing my resume to the writers at SNL... | October 20, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Just an FYI. It is possible for a woman to have a biological child at 50 without medical intervetion. My mom had my brother at 49 and her pregnancy surprised the crap out of her (and the rest of us). She thought she was going through menopause.

Posted by: Second youngest | October 20, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, sorry to hear that Texas is #1. No, really, I am.

Posted by: B'More Cat and Moniker Lover | October 20, 2008 11:01 AM

Agreed. I know I should be happy that a Big 12 team is #1, but those daaag longhorns embarrass us buffaloes every year. Many teams embarras us.

Sigh. Go CU.

Posted by: Sully's registered name is so drastically different. | October 20, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Yes, fellow Lizards, you too CAN re-register on the Washington Post blog! I took the preemptive step of so doing a few weeks ago as soon as Queen Liz announced that registration was imminent, setting up a new email account in the name of Nosy_Parker, and it's worked correctly on other Post blogs that already had automatic registration.

Wasn't Mr. Blackwell really the first celebrity snarker? Perhaps we should all propose a toast to him early this afternoon at the Tiki Bar. But what to wear???

Posted by: The Lizard formerly known as Nosy Parker | October 20, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

My cold open for last weekend's SNL would've been a cattle-call for Tina Fey impersonators, one of whom was Sarah Palin.

Posted by: Nosy Parker bows in deference to MoCoSnarky | October 20, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

(I'll have to try to figure out how if I can change me name, if I can remember who I registered as and my password. waaah)

Just in case, I just want to toss out the idea of Celebrity Divorce Court again:

We knew this was coming months ago. Once couples get the tats and renew vows, they should sign the contracts and let the cameras start collecting footage.

Maybe instead of a judge, a jury pool of lizards hears the laundry. Then we could get unmute's questions answered (along with some others).

Posted by: anonymous lurker | October 20, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Heh. Registration is only going to do so much good, seeing as how certain folks tend to spoof site registrations to circumvent data tracking. Oh well...if it cleans up the content here, I suppose it can't hurt. The big questions is whether the WaPo chats will be affected as well.

Posted by: 23112 | October 20, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Okay, what upsets me is that Madonna and Guy may split the kids. Lourdes obviously goes with Madonna, Guy gets Rocco and he does not want David. David stays with Madonna who only got him because she apparently thought a baby African boy made her look younger. How to make the kids feel rejected, folks. Did we forget who the adults are here?

Posted by: ep | October 20, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Nothing will change. The comments section of articles automatically posts your user name and it certainly hasn't deterred people from writing widely offensive and bigoted comments.

Posted by: badabingo | October 20, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

I was able to create a second WaPo ID just for Lizard Island.

To use my "real" login, I had to open a separate browser window and re-sign-in at the WaPo site.

We'll see how this works - I'l probably make myself mutz trying to keep my personae separate.

Posted by: Curmudgeon (aka LizardCurmudgeon) | October 20, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I was able to create a second WaPo ID just for Lizard Island.

Posted by: Curmudgeon (aka LizardCurmudgeon) | October 20, 2008 12:03 PM
====================================

All,

Forget this as a strategy . . .

Posted by: Anonymous | October 20, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Geez, can't say that my handle will be impacted by the registration. Most uncreatively, I've always used the name I registered with (which happens to be the prefix of most of my e-mail addresses).

Boy it sounds like it was never ending fun at the Ritchie/Madonna household- no meat, no tv, no newspapers, no friends, but endless drivel about Kaballah!? I initially thought that David's biological dad was a selfish pr**k for wanting him back in Malawi(where was he when the little boy was in the orphanage?), but now I wonder if it is better to be in an impoverished country living simply (& maybe happily) in a grass hut or to be rich with many houses but living with a needy self-centered, kooky mommy who will label you "emotionally retarded" the minute you don't give her enough adulation.

Posted by: plamar1031 | October 20, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

ohhh,

That was me at 12:13

(I'm already going nutz)

Posted by: Cuarmudgeon (soon to be bmschumacher) | October 20, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Should David Ritchie return to his Malawian father? Anyone remember the outcry when Elian Gonzalez was returned to his dad in Cuba after his mom brought him to Florida?

Posted by: anonymous while I still can | October 20, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

I heart Halle Berry. :-)

"...general mayhem perpetrated by virtual jackbooted thugs." -- tea on the keyboard from laughing so hard~!

Posted by: Californian | October 20, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: anonymous while I still can |
October 20, 2008 12:22 PM

Except it appeared that Elian's dad was okay w/him being in Florida as long as he was with his mom. When his mom died, I think he thought it made sense for the boy to be back home with him On the other hand, David's dad didn't appear to have an issue with his son being in an orphanage when his mother died until Madonna came to adopt him. He (David's biological dad) has been in the peripheal spotlight ever since then. I bet everything that little David would still be in that orphanage had Madonna not adopted him.

Posted by: plamar1031 | October 20, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the clarification, plamar.

Posted by: anonymous while I still can | October 20, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Stephen Baldwin Challenges Obama To A Boxing Match

Actor Stephen Baldwin has found inspiration in Lindsay Lohan's father Michael - challenging U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama to a fighting match in the boxing ring.

Baldwin reportedly sat ringside in support of Lohan during a recent training session in preparation for his charity face-off with a computer company millionaire in an upcoming slug-match next month.

An outspoken supporter of opposing candidate John McCain, the actor has vowed to leave the U.S. if Democrat Obama is elected into office in November. And he's taking his cue from Lohan in yet another rant against the Illinois senator.

Baldwin tells the New York Daily News: "I'd like to knock some good sense into Barack. I wouldn't hurt him. But if he wins the election, he'll hurt me. He's a cultural terrorist."

Posted by: jake e. poo couldn't resist sharing | October 20, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

*****************************************

NEWSFLASH:

Barack Obama has responded to Stephen Baldwin's challenge to a boxing match by issuing a challenge to the actor to make a decent movie.

Said Sen. Obama, "At least I've never had to play second fiddle to Pauly Shore."

Posted by: Dorkus | October 20, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Stephen Baldwin - Shut your pie hole.
"He's a cultural terrorist" - what does this even mean?

Posted by: still sunnydaze | October 20, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Stephen's brother Alec, blogging at Huffington:

"Several people decried SNL for giving [Sarah Palin] a spot on the show. You're kidding, right? The woman is the Vice Presidential nominee of one of the two major parties in this country. Don't put her on SNL? With all of her exposure and the Tina Fey performance? What reality are you in?

"If you think an appearance on Saturday Night Live would sway voters and actually effect the outcome of the election, you may have more contempt for the electorate of this country than the Republican National Committee does. And that's a lot of contempt."

Posted by: byoolin's Equal Time department. | October 20, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Palin on SNL was pointless and a waste of time.

Amy's rap was awesome! I hope she gets an award from it.

Has Obama appeared on SNL? He delivers some great jokes during this speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5SWQJWm6Tg

I can't wait to see Stephen Baldwin at the international airport!

Posted by: Anonymous but registered | October 20, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

I thnk the apocalypse is occuring. I agree with something Alec Baldwin said. Well, except for the nasty comments about the RNC. But, yeah, umm, what is the problem with her being on? Other than the open-minded, culturally inclusive liberals, not wanting anyone who does not agree with them to ever speak?

Posted by: ep | October 20, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Obama was supposed to be on SNL for the season premiere and had to cancel at the last minute

Posted by: just sayin' | October 20, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

ep, I have a legitimate reason for not wanting to listen to Sarah Palin, I can't stand the sound of her voice.

I'd be happy to debate policy with her via text-message.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 20, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Isn't it The Daily Show, not SNL, that's supposedly the biggest influence on our youngest voters? Tina Fey may get in a great Palin impression for a while, but she'll get bored because there's only so much material to work with there.

I'd bet that Jon Stewart and Co. will continue to be the gold-standard for politicians who want exposure. SNL's too inconsistent overall.

(As for Obama cancelling SNL at the last minute, well if 90% of life is showing up, perhaps there's more to that story. Just sayin'.)

Posted by: td | October 20, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Queen Liz, Thank you so much for the link to Halle Berry discussing the Big O on the other Big O's show. The pix were scrumptious. Byoolin, if you have not yet perused the Halle Berry pix, I highly recommend them.
After looking at all of them, I can say without reservation that Halle the recent Mom is waaayyy hotter than the thin Halle of years past.

Ms. Snatchquatch and I missed Sarah Palin's weekend update appearance on SNL. We could not ensure Saturday's show after the horrid skit about the uber-anxious woman spoiling the engagement announcement in the Benihana. We should have reminded ourselves of our SNL rule, gained from 30 years of watching: if the first 5 minutes don't make you laugh, the rest of the show certainly will not.

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 20, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

from the Rose McGowan article: " McGowan has never been married before, whereas Rodriguez has already had five children together with Elizabeth; Rocket, Racer, Rebel, Rogue, and Rhiannon. "

I detect Elias Howe's handiwork. Don't try to deny it!

Posted by: hodie says the next child we be called Retch | October 20, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

And we'll see whether my attempts to register my identity on WaPo.com are successful. Else you may see posts from an alter ego.

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 20, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

"Rhiannon"?!

Posted by: td would've gone with stevie or nick | October 20, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

"Jackbooted thugs" are so passe'

All my thugs wear fire-engine red pumps with 5-inch heels.

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 20, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

I don't trust the Baldwin brothers to keep their word when it comes to leaving the country.

Posted by: petal, my registered name is way less cooler than this one. | October 20, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Alec apparently doesn't know the difference between effect and affect, but whatever.

I'm kind of sad about the end of the successful marriage/partnership Rodriguez and his wife had. I loved watching the extra videos on "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"--RR's ten minute cooking school to make puerco pibil; RR playing guitar and recording for the score of his film inside Troublemaker studios. He seems cool and really likeable. Course, I'm not sure about his kids' names, but whatever.

Posted by: hermespal | October 20, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I was just looking at Rodriguez's imdb page and he apparently appeared on a VH1 show called VH1: All Access
- Awesomely Wacky Celebrity Baby Names
so he's definitely up front about it.

Posted by: hermespal | October 20, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

To be fair, Alec never said he would leave the country. Even Bill O'Reilly backed him up on that falsehood, but will anyone even notice if Stephen leaves?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 20, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't Stephen Baldwin leaving the country help Obama?? The average IQ in the US would immediately shoot up 2 or 3 points!

It looks like start of a great educational reform. Deport all the stupid people. Liz will have fewer people to write about as most make a living in Hollywood, but it's a sound plan.

Posted by: Brutal | October 20, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

How ugly has the Madonna-Ritchie divorce gotten?

Has it gotten as ugly as some of Madonna's stage costumes?

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 20, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Sasquatch, thanks for the reminder to see Hail Mary, Halle Berry!

And please extend a big shout-out to your fellow cryptids: it's the 41st anniversary of the (in)famous Patterson-Gimlin film of that PacNW Bigfoot.

Posted by: byoolin also wishes Snoop Dizzle a happy b-dizzle. | October 20, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

I take it that Mr. Blackwell's first name was Mister, since his birth name was Richard Sylvan Selzer.

Thanks for the wishes, Byoolin. We'll try to include the the Patterson-Gimlin film as a short in this November's D.B. Cooper Film Fest, to be shown at a local cryptid cave. The snacks will be Jack Links Jerky.

Posted by: Sasquatch says "Natch!" | October 20, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Katherine Heigl doesn't want to get pregnant because that would mean that she would have to stop smoking.

Posted by: Mz Fitz | October 20, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Mad-Rod? A-Mad? MadgeRod? Rodonna?

Posted by: rashibama | October 20, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Ok, so I chomped into the Duchovney story and spat out this little gem:

"But now 48-year-old Duchovny's blonde coach Edit Pakay, 28..."

Is her name really "Edit," did someone forget to buy an "h," or should we be mourning the cutbacks on copyEDITors?

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | October 20, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

MoCo, she's Hungarian, so I assume that's the correct (non-Anglicized) spelling.

Posted by: alex | October 20, 2008 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Madonna and Guy both have lots of money, but neither has a Wedding Ring Coffin. We want to send a Wedding Ring Coffin to the most deserving spouse. Help us decide. Cast your vote at:

www.weddingringcoffin.com/who-gets-the-coffin

Let's help Madonna and Guy put this marriage in it's proper final resting place.

Posted by: WRC | October 21, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Madonna currently likes Latinos, her ex, Sean, likes Latinos too (Chavez).
Hey fans, thinking beautiful people like Latinos!

Its time to adore a Latino, just Madonna and Sean!

Posted by: huh | October 22, 2008 7:53 PM | Report abuse