Posted at 8:11 AM ET, 10/ 2/2008

Morning Mix: Melissa Etheridge to Wed Longtime Partner

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Melissa Etheridge plans to wed longtime partner... Brangelina brood arrives in U.S. ahead of Jolie's "Changeling" premiere... Women's shelter cuts Sandra Bernhard from fundraiser after Palin gang-rape line... Larry Flynt wants to make adult film starring Palin look-alike... Solid gold Kate Moss statue goes on display... Paul Sculfor says he and girlfriend Cameron Diaz are "having fun"... Britney Spears makes surprise visit to Bronx middle school... David Letterman grills Anne Hathaway about ex... Jay-Z playing free shows for Barack Obama... Jessica Alba wears Hannibal Lecter-style mask in new voting ad... Jude Law confirmed as Dr. Watson in upcoming "Sherlock Holmes" reboot... Joan Collins's wig almost succumbs to high winds... "Top Model" contestant describes alleged Nikki Blonsky airport attack.

Crime Watch: Hugh Laurie's house burgled while he slept upstairs... Defense rests in O.J. Simpson case... Rapper The Game ordered to attend anger management sessions for attacking cousin.

Rumor Mill: Cousin and former assistant Alli Simms says she's still not allowed near Britney Spears... Jamie Oliver wore frozen diaper to increase chances of fathering a boy... Tina Fey offered $6 million book deal... "Soprano" Jamie-Lynn Sigler dating "Entourage's" Jerry Ferrara?

Good Read
A clever move? A foolproof line? A hidden power? For 25 years, the author has wanted to know how his high school classmate, David Spade, became the world’s greatest ladies’ man. -- LAmag.com

Chat Day: Join me today at 2 p.m. ET for this week's Botox-proof edition of Celebritology Live.

Video: Stars align for voting PSA:

By Liz Kelly  | October 2, 2008; 8:11 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Reality Watch: 'Paris Hilton's My New BFF'
Next: Stone Cold Parenting Advice

Comments

"Jamie Oliver wore frozen diaper to increase chances of fathering a boy."

And in related news, it will be announced today that Jamie previously dated astronaut Lisa Nowak.

Posted by: Elias Howe | October 2, 2008 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Ok, ok, at least I did not go for the really cheap shot of saying Jamie Oliver is the new spokesman for Depends (tm).

Posted by: Elias Howe | October 2, 2008 8:49 AM | Report abuse

"Jamie Oliver wore frozen diaper to increase chances of fathering a boy."

Ha, ha. The wife is a former model? The whole family is FUGLY!

Posted by: LOL!!! | October 2, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

"Britney Spears makes surprise visit to Bronx middle school"

Um, did Brit check out the school's Dress Code?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 2, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

"Women's shelter cuts Sandra Bernhard from fundraiser after Palin gang-rape line..." and two hundred other jokes that weren't funny.

Larry Flynt, that's even less funny than Sandra's gang-rape joke.

Nice: The Game punched out his cousin *at a funeral*. Betcha nobody remembers a thing about the eulogy.

Now Jamie Oliver will never be able to keep a straight face and present a recipe for something requiring toasted nuts.

That David Spade book looks a lot like one of those How To Pick Up Girls books, only much more repulsive.

Posted by: byoolin wears a frozen diaper 'cuz it's sexier than a thong. | October 2, 2008 9:05 AM | Report abuse

"To cleanse herself from the break-up blues, the actress says she has quit smoking, drinking and eating meat, she revealed."

Has she has Just given up eating salami or all meat?

Posted by: Mz Fitz | October 2, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I awoke this morning with an image of Sharon Stone, channeling Joan Crawford, screaming at her kid while brandishing a dirty sneaker: "NO MORE STINKY FEET!"

Sorry. I had to get that off my chest.

Posted by: Curmudgeon doesn't usually approve of beating animals | October 2, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

I'd love to add something amusing to the discussion, but my brain's still stuck on "David Spade" and "world's greatest ladies' man". It's like one of those logic puzzles that you'd use to make a robot explode.

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 2, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Sandra Bernhard wishes gang-rape on Gov. Palin and then criticizes Palin for HER views? Stay classy, Sandy.

As far as Flynt is concerned, no surprise there.

Posted by: 23112 | October 2, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Rosie O'Donnell is going to have a variety special on NBC with a chance of it becoming a full series. Why oh why is NBC doing this!!

I was a bit startled when I read "Melissa Etheridge plans to wed longtime partner Brangelina" Guess it's the lack of coffee this morning.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 2, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

I thought Scott Baio was the world's greatest ladies' man. I see a cage match in the future.

Posted by: 23112 | October 2, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Wow - that is one negative article about Brangelina - AND it left out the most interesting part - HOW LONG have they been in Berlin??? 2 weeks? They are moving again? Or just coming to the US for a premiere? unclear.

Hope that Angelina is not actually ill, but I do think that it would help to stay in one place for longer than a week or so. She could then see the same doctor a few times in a row, instead of constantly making those "new patient" appointments.

Yea, I know about the military relocation life -- but did military families truly repeatedly move around to muliple countries many, many times within a 12-month time frame? Plus, didn't military families have at least some structure - military base - to help them acclimate? Brangelina's moves seem frantic and inexplicable - and incredibly wasteful of natural resources.

Posted by: Amelia | October 2, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

That PSA is kinda horrible. It's too long, too rambling and too pointless. They should have made several short pithy ones instead of a long boring meandering one.

Posted by: Pupster | October 2, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

I think Melissa and Tammy Lynn are just getting greedy with the multiple weddings. Jeez, people! How many toasters do you need?

Posted by: jaybbub | October 2, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

jaybub, now that marriage is legal in California, they want to make their marriage legal. Their first ceremony was not legal. This actually makes more sense than legally married couples wanting to renew their vows, which is always a sign that the relationship is in trouble.

Posted by: Tober | October 2, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Pupster | October 2, 2008 9:36 AM

What else is new???

Posted by: Anonymous | October 2, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

"Brangelina brood" mmmm,

Rich people/celebs have broods, poor people have litters.....

Posted by: Anonymous | October 2, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Dude, Tober, I was trying to be *funny*. I'm actually all in favor of people getting married! And I'd like to point out, for all those opposed to same-sex marriages, that my hetero marriage collapsed all on its own without any interference from the gays. I don't think gay people getting married IN ANY WAY damages the institution of marriage - we heteros have been able to screw that up all by ourselves.

Cheers to Melissa and Tammy Lynn.

Posted by: jaybbub | October 2, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

If wasn't already registered to vote, I would be completely put off by that obnoxious PSA.
I can hear the director now, "Here's your motivation...you're smarter than the people you're talking to. You're condescending and arrogant...okay...Go!"

Posted by: methinks | October 2, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Did Brittney wear her plaid skirt, pig tails and bobby socks to school?

Jamie, how bout just switching to boxers? Talk about TMI! The article not only mentions he wore the frozen nappy, but went into great detail on how he did it. Do spermsicles effectivly fertilize eggs? And what do you think the result will be? A yetti?

The wig picture of Joan Collins was not that funny but speaking of Botox, just look at her! She must be, what, near 70? She looks great.

Posted by: hodie | October 2, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Amelia you have hit the nail on the head why the Brangelina's move so much -- she is doctor shopping. If she stayed long enough in one place, her doctor would figure out she is self-medicating to stay so thin. So, they pick up and move to a whole new country so the prescriptions can't be tracked.

Seriously, folks, you can leave the kids for a couple of days to attend a premier. NOrmal parents do not go EVERYWHERE with their kids. Some adult alone time is a good thing. Of course, if Brad and Angelina were ever alone together for more than two second they would discover that 1) he is vapid and 2) she is crazy. Which would end the whole darn thing right there.

Posted by: ep | October 2, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Jamie, how bout just switching to boxers?

Hosted by: hodie | October 2, 2008 10:13 AM

Yes, keeping those "bad boys" cool might help you make a baby, but is there any evidence that the baby will be
a boy?
Oh, and Jamie - no ice in my drink, thanks, ever.

Posted by: One night only | October 2, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

That top model and Nikki Blonsky story is kind of crazy! Shame we're not hearing the other side yet but it sounds like Nikki (and fam) is in some serious trouble!

Posted by: sjcpeach | October 2, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Okay, I'm offering the Celebritologists a challenge: Come up with something Brangelina and the brood could do that nobody could possibly criticize.

...

The only thing I can come up with is for them to give all their money away and retire to a monastery. As a family.

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 2, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I got 1 minute 20 seconds into the PSA and turned it off. Have to agree with others that it's annoying. By the way, do these things really get people to vote? Does seeing Jessica Alba in a Hannibal Lecter mask make someone run out and register to vote? I'm actually curious if this stuff encourages folks to register and vote.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 2, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 2, 2008 10:29 AM

A sex tape....

Posted by: Ezy | October 2, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

brad pitt was quoted in US weekly as saying that he will get married when every american has the right to marry.

that brad, such a crusader!

Posted by: wats | October 2, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

A sex tape....

Posted by: Ezy | October 2, 2008 10:31 AM

But the children! Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?!?!?

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 2, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

STOP BEING JEALOUS AND LEAVE BRANGELINA ALONE!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: To the bottom feeders | October 2, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 2, 2008 10:29 AM

******************************************

They could stay out of the tabloids or newspapers for a week.

Also, Bawlmer nice Simpson's reference.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 2, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

They could stay out of the tabloids or newspapers for a week.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 2, 2008 10:36 AM

Then they are "holed up" somewhere...

Where do the tab writers go to school?

Posted by: Ick | October 2, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 2, 2008 10:29 AM

*****

The world's most attractive performance EVER of "The Aristocrats."

Posted by: byoolin | October 2, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Pupster | October 2, 2008 9:36 AM

****

My guess is budget constraints forced them to do one PSA in a short time. Multiple pithy ads would have taken multiple days and cost more money.

In other words, they were pith-poor.

Posted by: byoolin | October 2, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I'm available if Melissa needs some bachelor party entertainment. Or another surrogate sperm donor. Or a pool boy. Or someone to clean her bathroom.

You get the point.

Posted by: yellojkt | October 2, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by: Stunningly dull | October 2, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

It's just like "Stunningly dull" to show up at our little party and snore.

Posted by: byoolin writes a bad word in Sharpie on Sd's stupid stupidhead. | October 2, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 2, 2008 10:29 AM

*****

They could all wear t-shirts that say, "Friends don't let friends drink milk from China"

Posted by: Curmudgeon likes melamine once in awhile | October 2, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Bawlmer, I'm afraid that's a no win situation. There are those on this blog and I will mention no names (because they usually won't give one--and you know who you are!), who would criticize Mother Theresa.

Posted by: maxine | October 2, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: maxine | October 2, 2008 11:25 AM
-------

I'll name names! It's Amelia. I want Amelia to weigh in on Bawlmer's question. Seriously, girlfriend is waaay deep in the Angie hate.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 2, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: maxine | October 2, 2008 11:25 AM

For Pete's sake, it's a Celeb blog.....

Posted by: Grow up! | October 2, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Jude Law as Watson, bad idea.

Bawlmer,
If they receive any tax returns on that cash they're still doomed.

How about if they stop skynet from ever being made?

Or they could make the world spin in reverse Superman style and choose not to become actors.

Posted by: petal, talk about way out there ideas | October 2, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: maxine | October 2, 2008 11:25 AM

******************************************

Because someone has to do it:

Mother Theresa! That glory hog! What has she done recently? I'll tell you what; not performed any miracles. But they are still going to fast track her for saitnhood. Come on where's the Devil's Advocate huh? Why does she get special treatment. You aren't going to see anybody fast tracking me for sainthood. What makes her so special?

(Oh I am so not getting into Heaven now)

Posted by: Dorkus in nomine Patri, et Filius, et Spiritu Sancte | October 2, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

I'm still mulling over yesterday's Sharon Stone item. How will paralyzing the muscles in son Roan's feet prevent foot odor? I mean, he would end up with smooth feet, right? I never realized how batsh*t she must be, until yesterday.

On to today: I was kind of disappointed in the Joan Collins/wig pix; I was hoping to see the wig flipped up in the air, with her desperately trying to clamp it to her head with her hand. Now that would have been a money shot.

Agree, though, that she looks great.

Jamie Oliver: TMI, dude, TMI. But your future gig as the Depends celebrity spokesperson is in the bag.

Posted by: NW DC | October 2, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

petal, I had much the same idea for Brangelina. They could invent a time machine and make the last 8 yrs go away. Change the election, prevent 9/11, warn New Orleans, etc, etc. And no one could criticize because no one would remember!

Posted by: hodie | October 2, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: maxine | October 2, 2008 11:25 AM

Okaay, Maxine. We know who we are. Thanks for the inside scoop.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 2, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

But your future gig as the Depends celebrity spokesperson is in the bag.

Posted by: NW DC | October 2, 2008 11:41 AM

*****

No doubt it's a wrinkly, shrivelled, and frostbitten one.

Posted by: byoolin | October 2, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus,

You got there ahead of me on Mama T. M

y brain kept speaking in tongues and I couldn't get my keyboard to stop levitating and emiting a creepy, snarling chuckle.

In nomine patri, indeed!

Posted by: Curmudgeon has black marks on her soul | October 2, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

I love Jamie Oliver, but I'm a bit surprised he wasn't more creative in freezing his nether regions. Why not use some semifreddo or sorbet? More attractive and edible!
This could be a new TV show: conception secrets of the chefs. Rachel Ray uses EVOO! Iron Chef uses Cuisinart chopping function!!

Posted by: possum | October 2, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Also, Mother Teresa was, it had to be said, a mean drunk.

Posted by: byoolin | October 2, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Also, Mother Teresa was, it had to be said, a mean drunk.

Posted by: byoolin | October 2, 2008 12:09 PM

Does byoolin ever SHUT UP??

Posted by: Don't these Geeks get enough attention at home? | October 2, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: maxine | October 2, 2008 11:25 AM

I already did.

Posted by: Christopher Hitchens | October 2, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Does byoolin ever SHUT UP??

Coming from our blabby resident troll, this is the ultimate hypocrisy.

Posted by: oh, the irony | October 2, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

So Tina Fey is going to star in a Larry Flynt film and then write a book about it?

Posted by: Red Dragon | October 2, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curmudgeon likes melamine once in awhile | October 2, 2008 11:17 AM
=====
Melamine. Wasn't that the chic who sang that song about the roller skate and the key way back when?

Posted by: MoCoSnarky, old enough to know but young enough not to remember | October 2, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Apparently Hayden Panittiere attended the "Declare Yourself" party. I wonder is she has figured out which candidate will be saving the whales?

Posted by: Mz Fitz | October 2, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Coming from our blabby resident troll, this is the ultimate hypocrisy.

Posted by: oh, the irony | October 2, 2008 12:22 PM

There's more than one, nitwit.

Posted by: Troll is a 20th century term | October 2, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curmudgeon likes melamine once in awhile | October 2, 2008 11:17 AM

******************************************

Oh, thanks, you just reminded me that I have to order some Melamine for work.

Posted by: Dorkus who doesn't work at a dairy farm... | October 2, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

OMG, the fat chick from the Hairspray remake is a vagina-kicker!

Who knew?

Posted by: OMG | October 2, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

since when did being together five years translate as a "long time" partner????

yikes, guys, I know this is Hollywood time, but puh-leeeezzeee!

Posted by: Carla | October 2, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Yes, melamine was that singer with the Sarah Palin voice when she sang about her roller skates.

I also think I have some old plastic picnic plates made of melamine.

In fact, Mother Teresa owned a melamine factory in China once.

Posted by: Curmudgeon sees a conspiracy here | October 2, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

David Spade? DAVID SPADE? Is the world's greatest ladies man? What is the world coming to?

Posted by: Californian | October 2, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Angelina says "He had the kids without the pain of birth, and he can just jet off whenever he feels like it" -- seems kinda disingenuous, considering she has adopted a number of their kids. She, too, can have kids without the pain of birth. She chose to have biological kids ...

But more importantly, what's with Brad's constant hats? I like the dapper look but I wonder if he's going bald or something.

Posted by: Californian | October 2, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Californian | October 2, 2008 12:52 PM

"just jet off" is a clue that the "quote" is bogus.

Posted by: It's b.s. | October 2, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

NW DC, Botox shots are a common and normal treatment for adults with excessive sweating issues (not just normal sweat, some people have a condition where it is over the top and difficult to go out in public). The shots affect the sweat glands. They are also common treatments for other conditions like spasmodic dysphonia. Botox originated as a medical treatment, and it was just vanity and wealth that led it to the cosmetic field. That being said, doing this to an 8 year old is insane. Imagine how she'll react when he hits puberty! All 12 year old boys have stinkiness issues (among other things). She will freak out.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 2, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Maxine, I'm too afraid to snark on MT. I really would like to avoid the confessional!

Posted by: hodie moves away from Dorkus to avoid the lightning. | October 2, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Rad Cameron Diaz pic:

Posted by: Holy Moley! | October 2, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

So who is taking care of the kids when she sleeps 24/7 as per the "close insider" says? The "close insider?"

I feel bad for Mom's who suffer postpartum depression, but most Mom's can't afford to "suffer" as Angelina does. "Nanny, take care of the little darlings while Mommie goes and feels sorry for herself". Please, Angelina, stay in one place and go see your shrink. Don't listen to your "friend" Tom, pills are good.

Posted by: hodie | October 2, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | October 2, 2008 1:12 PM

Grammar Police!!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 2, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I think Mother Theresa was wonderful.

But Brangelina? I'm mostly criticizing their frantic moves. (which again, did NOT occur before they (she) had children. What's with having children and suddenly needing to live somewhere different every few weeks?) I'm sure they do many praise-worthy things, in their self-conscience, parading manner.

Plus,the article was just sad, if true. If she has depression, perhaps the frantic moving is a symptom.

Posted by: Amelia | October 2, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, what Anonymous @ 1:04 said about why Botox. (How about that, an anonomi who was helpful!) Although I must disagree with this part:

"Botox originated as a medical treatment, and it was just vanity and wealth that led it to the cosmetic field."

I like to think Botox originated as a way for bacteria to not just get mad, but to get even... Well, at least that's how the botulinum toxin in Botox originated.

That is one high quality face lift Joan Collins is sporting. It's so smooth, it almost looks like a Joan Collins mask contrasted against her septagenarian chest and arm skin.

Posted by: epony | October 2, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Even if Botox started as a medical treatment, it is *botulism*!!! Just seems extreme and do we know the long-term medical ramifications/consequences of injecting poison ... ?

OK, off my soapbox now and back to celeb snarking.

Posted by: Californian | October 2, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Whatever, Grammar Police. You know what I meant.

Posted by: hodie also has an overdue library book | October 2, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

i'm not afraid to find fault with mother theresa. she took fat checks from michael miliken for her poor masses. nevermind that miliken was stealing that money and making other people poor. mother theresa knew that money was dirty. she wrote a letter to one justice lance ito (pre-OJ, he precided over the miliken case) to try to get miliken a lighter sentence.

i'm just sayin'...

Posted by: wats | October 2, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Oh bummer, I was too late on the live chat. Regarding the overuse of "main street" in the media to characterize the general populace:

Re "Main Street"--it does come off as condescending, but when presidential politics have become so trivialized that voters determine their choice based on who they'd rather have a beer with, what kind of briefs the candidate wears, and how "normal" and "like us" a candidate is (excuse me while I retch), it has a rather sad ring of truth.

Posted by: hermespal | October 2, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hermespal | October 2, 2008 3:04 PM

Copy that.

Posted by: Troll | October 2, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Sad to say, but so true, hermespal.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 2, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I know where you're coming from hermespal and I agree to a point. But I'll play Devil's Advocate here. What's wrong with preferring a candidate who is a bit more down to earth, understands his constituency, and remembers how many homes he/she owns? (I'm Devil's advocate here, I'm not declaring a preference one way or another).

Posted by: hodie believes we're all victims of that ancient Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times" | October 2, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 2, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Nebraska Republican Senator Roman Hruska famously said of Nixon's Supreme Court nominee G. Harold Carswell, "Even if he is mediocre, there are a lot of mediocre judges and people and lawyers. They are entitled to a little representation, aren't they?"

Posted by: Nosy Parker, also playing Devil's Advocate | October 2, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Troll believes hodie needs to get a life, very, very badly.

Posted by: Devil's Daughter | October 2, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Sorry in advance for bringing politics into this, but we were talking about media so I'm hanging out on a limb of relevancy to this board...

Hodie, my problem with that is that the president is not just dealing with his constituency where being "down to earth" is a desirable trait. The United States is still a global leader. I personally want a president who would be capable of boring me to tears with his/her vast knowledge of cultural, military and religious history of every region of the world. I want a keen grasp of sociology, economic theory and science that is beyond "normal guy/gal" status. In short, I want the smartest person in the room, and I don't give a damn what kind of underwear they wear.

Eight years of the exact opposite has been a disaster.

Just my opinion.

Posted by: hermespal | October 2, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

c'mon kids...back to topic...jamie oliver's frozen diapers and brangelina's brood.

Posted by: methinks | October 2, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

sorry methinks, hodie did ask...and I did apologize in advance...

I'm still giggling over the frozen diapers. Honestly. I'll never be able to look at the guy the same way again.

Posted by: hermespal | October 2, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

By Hermespal's standards, Dick Cheney is a great Vice President.

Posted by: Devil's Advocate | October 2, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

re: Jamie Oliver...I love his recipes, his cookbooks, but seriously, too too much information.
He already had two daughters, right? What's the big deal about having a son? I mean, is there some sort of line of succession in the Oliver household? Would his estate be entailed away from his daughters?

Posted by: methinks | October 2, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

D.A.: Not. Shrewdness and smartness not interchangable.

Anyone taking odds on an O.J. Simpson conviction?

Posted by: hermespal | October 2, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

methinks, I agree--I get a little queasy with stories about preferring one sex or the other for a child. Slippery slope. But the guy sure can cook!

That was a really mean-spirited piece on Brangelina -- unidentified sources quoting Angie all over the place. Blech.

Posted by: hermespal | October 2, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

hermespal and Devils Daughter--just stirring the pot. I agree and I didn't have W in mind when I wrote those comments. Now there's a man who is not in touch with reality let alone his constituency. And yes, enough of politics.
What's up with that solid gold Kate Moss statue of her putting her legs behind her head?

Posted by: hodie | October 2, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

hodie, you read my mind--I just looked at that story and ... well, wow. What a waste of gold.

Posted by: hermespal | October 2, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone else get the sense that Paul and Cameron are on their way to splitsville based on that comment alone? I can't read the story,apparently there's a block on that site.

Posted by: anony | October 2, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

" . . . solid gold Kate Moss statue of her putting her legs behind her head . . . "?

Somewhere there is a Japaneese or Emirate businessman who would love to add this item to his collection.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | October 2, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I think it's pretty IDIOTIC that the Boston charity event would cancel on Sandra Bernhard, because some right-wing Fanatical REPLICAN's have SPUN this out of control.
Sandra was making a POINT..that if Palin was raped she would want the right to choose!! that's all----SHE DID NOT SAY PALIN would be raped or threaten--my GOD! CALM DOWN.
Oh and notice that nobody knew about this little shelter event BEFORE the cancellation..
hmmmmmm maybe someone should take note of that little shady stunt!

Posted by: Chrissy | October 2, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I am definitely NOT a fan of Brangelina, but I don't hate them either - they're just people like the rest of us (richer and prettier than most, of course), and for all their charitable giving and UN goodwill ambassadorships, etc., they're not above having a tawdry little affair, either.

But c'mon - have you ever flown between Europe and the US - it's a very long flight, and resting on a plane isn't easy, especially with a brood (I'm thinking they qualify for "litter", though, Anonymous at 10:05, rich or not). Surely she has a reason to look tired, and not be smiling...

I think Shiloh qualifies as something they won't be criticized over, if she's as sweet as she looks.

Posted by: schnitz | October 2, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

I will not take you up on your offer re: OJ. There are no "sure things" when it comes to celebrity trials.

What the heck is wrong with Letterman? He's always been cantankerous and pushy, but he's really gone overboard recently. Maybe he's wearing some of Jamie's frozen diapers.

And Sandra Bernard? Crawl back under your rock, slug.

Posted by: alex can "out cantankerous" Letterman today | October 2, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Oh, yeah - and good on you, Melissa and Tammy Lynn!

Posted by: schnitz | October 2, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

I just love the Daily Mail. Did anyone else see this?

Yikes!

Posted by: Oakley | October 2, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

He added: “I’ve tried quite a few things, I found out from a specialist that it’s about temperature, temperature of the balls.

“So what I did is I bought an adult nappy, soaked it in water, froze it, cut a hole for the c**k and we made love.”
________________________________________
You've got to be kidding me!

Posted by: clw tries to shake visions of the Naked Chef from her brain | October 2, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Hey Ladies, what do you think of Mellissa Etheridge getting married? I thought she already was! I know it's wedding frenzy season and my bff is also getting married. If any of you ladies are also getting married and want your fiance to buy you the gorgeous wedding ring you always wanted for your go to http://www.idonowidont.com its where my bff got a ring hotter than the one Jennifer Hudson is now rocking!

Posted by: MichelleB | October 2, 2008 8:31 PM | Report abuse

At first I thought you were just stupid, since if you had bothered to read the article or read the comments you would have known that Melissa E's first ceremony wasn't legal, but then I saw you posted website, I then realized you're just a bloodsucking spammer...ok and you're stupid.

Posted by: to MichelleB | October 2, 2008 10:38 PM | Report abuse