Posted at 7:53 AM ET, 10/21/2008

Morning Mix: Sarah Silverman Booed at London Show

By Liz Kelly

Anne Hathaway works the red carpet on Monday at the London premiere of her new movie, 'Rachel Getting Married.' (Getty Images)

Tuesday

Headlines: Sarah Silverman booed at London show... Alec Baldwin defends decision to help out Sarah Palin "SNL" skit... Gwyneth Paltrow says she's there for Madonna... A-Rod spends weekend with ex and kids... Hollywood Republicans talk of feeling forced into the closet... Gillian Anderson gives birth to second son, Felix (who joins older brother Oscar)... Terrence Howard surprised by "Iron Man" firing... Faith Hill poses in bikini for 41st birthday... Suri Cruise rocks yet another adorable dress... Kat Von D credits boyfriend Nikki Sixx for her sobriety... Pix: Christina Ricci goes backless, Juliette Lewis looks presentable.

Crime Watch: Jury deadlocked in Britney Spears driving case... Nick Hogan released after 166 days in jail... Prosecutors say Anne Hathaway's ex should get four year prison sentence.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears to perform live on Dec. 2 "Good Morning America"... Professional shopper Paris Hilton planning permanent move to London?... David Duchovny's tennis instructor denies affair... Zac Efron to appear in next "Pirates of the Carribbean" installment?... New girlfriend moves in with Paul McCartney.

Good Read
Long before there was a Joan Rivers demanding to know "Who made your dress?" there was Mr. Blackwell, keen on letting the world know just how wretched that dress was. God bless, Mr. Blackwell. May you find a heaven filled with angels appropriately and tastefully robed. -- Robin Givhan remembers Mr. Blackwell

Video: Natalie Portman and Rashida Jones offer a novel/stupid/ineffectual/funny solution to the financial crisis...

See more Natalie Portman videos at Funny or Die

By Liz Kelly  | October 21, 2008; 7:53 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: In Which We Again Consider the Question 'Is The Brangelina Brood Too Big?'
Next: Catching Up With 'Mad Men's' Bryan Batt

Comments

Man, Gillian Anderson's kids are such an odd couple...(yeah, yeah, I know)

I guess Sarah Silverman learned that she can only f#@% Matt Damon for so long before we stop caring.

How long before we get a GOOP newsletter asking us to help put Madonna's life back in order?

Quick, somebody tell the State Department to revoke Paris Hilton's citizenship so she can't come back.

Sir Paul, I really hope you learned your lesson from the last time you brought a woman home.

Posted by: Dorkus posting way early because he is traveling today | October 21, 2008 8:21 AM | Report abuse

so, we're not narc'd yet? I still get to be the Curmudgeon?

I'm so pleased the Gwennie is THERE for Madonna . . . that means she's not HERE.

Knowing that Faith Hill's husband likes that she can bend in wonderful ways is just too much information.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | October 21, 2008 8:24 AM | Report abuse

I like the pic of Christina Ricci retrieving her pen (or cigarettes? Lighter?)

Posted by: possum | October 21, 2008 8:39 AM | Report abuse

There must be something about Sarah Silverman. I'm a fan, yet I'm not surprised by the booing and probably would have joined in.

I also enjoyed Alec Baldwin's greeting of Kissinger. Great Show Idea: "Alec Baldwin Meets..." We introduce him to political & religious figures - leaning heavily toward tyrants, despots & sociopaths - and record his greetings. (Martha, get me Hitler's agent! And Mao! What? They are? WHEN? Crap. Okay, then: I want Bush, Mugabe, Putin and the Pope. Make it happen.)

Gwyneth Paltrow says she's there for Madonna. The trouble is, there's no 'there' there.

A-Rod spends weekend with ex and kids. (Except they call him "A-Hole.")

Gillian Anderson - now there's a woman who knows how to name kids.

Faith, that bikini shot does nothing to erase the nightmare that is you singing the NFL theme song.

In the old days, Britney would've known what to do with a hung jury.

Paris to London: Gwynnie's there for you.

Not only is there no affair between Duchovny & the tennis pro, his baseline game has not improved one damn bit.

Paul's new girlfriend sent Ringo an invitation to a housewarming party, and he burned it.

Posted by: byoolin doesn't know what to do with the words "Juliette Lewis looks presentable." | October 21, 2008 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Suri Cruise rocks yet another adorable dress.

But who is that creepy bald guy in the black jacket and gray-green shirt walking behind Tom in a couple of the photos? A Scientology minder?

Pix: Christina Ricci goes backless, Juliette Lewis looks presentable.

Also, Mariah Carey looks lovely. But Donatella Versace will be giving people nightmares!

Will her next son be named Murray?

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 21, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Once again I have a small issue with Suri's clothing. It's not that she is in a very cute dress. It is that she is in a short sleeved dress and NY has been cold recently. Everyone around her has jackets and sweaters on.

Posted by: MGC | October 21, 2008 8:58 AM | Report abuse

If all were well with David Duchovney & Tea Leoni, you've gotta think he would have said, "Why go for Parkay when you've got butter at home?"

Posted by: methinks | October 21, 2008 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Love the bit about Silverman getting nailed on coasting on her act. I laughed like a loon at the "Matt Damon" song but this girl half-arses it more often than not. And I have new-found respect for Alec Baldwin; it would be really easy for him to go along with the bash train, but it shows much more character to stand up for Palin's bravery in going on SNL and to put the show into context in terms of American politics. I know that the thing with his kid and the voicemail last year created lots of antipathy toward the guy, and politically we wouldn't see eye to eye, but I like him.

Posted by: 23112 | October 21, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I hope the Tiki Bar will be serving, ahem, salt peanuts today in honor of the Diz's birthday.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 21, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

And...holy smokes, I want to be a cute fuzzy puppy.

Posted by: 23112 | October 21, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

I'm told registration is still coming, but has been delayed by a day or two. So enjoy your thoughtful monikers while the getting's good.

Oh, also, when the switch is made commenting will apparently be unavailable for two hours.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | October 21, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

I also, want a cute fuzzy puppy.

But is it just me or does the Portman-Jones video seem just on the edge of turning into something more adult?

Posted by: omaha | October 21, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Liz,
Everyone else, including myself wont bother.
Sorry.

Posted by: ANON | October 21, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Liz,
Everyone else, including myself wont bother.
Sorry.

Posted by: ANON | October 21, 2008 9:27 AM

Ya promise?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure there was a lot of digital editing done on the magazine cover of Faith Hill in a bikini. The women's magazines are really shameful in the excessive amount of manipulation they use on their photos.

Posted by: badabingo | October 21, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Wow! I was impressed Alec Baldwin can write!

He got his point across, included an interesting AND relevant bit about a past encounter, empahsized good manners!

It's like a whole new insight into Hollywood!

Posted by: Amelia | October 21, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I am already registered - you need to be to get into parts of the paper off the front page - really not a huge deal. so if you are not going to comment, your loss (and potentially our gain!)

Registration has helped lots on the Redskins Insider - you have people just talking about f'ball and the team (for the most part) and not a-holes randomly writing in that the team sucks or something similar.

Posted by: Betty | October 21, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Alec Baldwin - you did good. I noticed you couldn't quite look directly at Palin, but that's okay - you avoided the spell of the Evil Eye.

Posted by: m.a.t. | October 21, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

"Liz,
I think once you have registration you will be down to about 5 people commenting each day. "

AKA The Pretentious Bores' Club.

Posted by: Yup | October 21, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Gwyneth reads Deepak Chopra to Madge over the phone? In any case, I can't wait to read the next issue of GOOP.

And Suri Cruise is . "Daddy, can I have a stuffed Xenu for Cwismas?"

Posted by: Bawlmer's snark center is overwhelmed with cute. | October 21, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Oops. Last comment should have said "Suri Cruise is adorable."

"I have a dream that one day, two refugees from marriages to narcissistic, megalomaniac crazy people will meet, discover all they have in common, and find true love. Yes, I'm talking Katie Holmes and Guy Ritchie.
Posted by: m.a.t."

Brilliant! Yes!

Posted by: Bawlmer fails html. | October 21, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Holy suffering Christ in a green hat! Donatella Versace is so scary she'd make you pop lunch into orbit! She has no mirrors? Or meers?

Posted by: Stick | October 21, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Betty | October 21, 2008 9:39 AM

Gibberish.

Posted by: Wow! | October 21, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

i suppose puppies is a reasonable answer

if there are enough of them
and we all have a good chianti to go with

Posted by: Quintilius Varus | October 21, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

"Also note the effect of registration on The On Parenting blog.....Most Americans don't like censorship!!! Even on a dumb WaPo blog...."

Why do you call this "censorship?" "Censorship" means someone is trying to _prevent_ you from speaking, and WashPost already "censors" the blogs by removing overly obscene or inflammatory comments. The new policy will simply prevent people from posting completely anonymously. Everyone will be held accountable for the comments they make...just like in "real" life.

-Omaha

Posted by: to Yup | October 21, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Hey Stick, did you see the other, younger(?) Versace on the same page? Allegra...she's definitely headed down the same ugly road as Donatella who looks like The Hulk with a Barbie doll's body.

Posted by: methinks | October 21, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

About Suri, well, she may be wearing dresses but it's so nice to see a little girl looking like a little girl.

I think Alec Baldwin has to go on my kitchen list. 30 Rock would be nothing without him. Kudos for being gracious to the opposition--good manners cost nothing.

As far as registration goes, I guess I have to figure out how to keep my "Sappho" name. But I probably won't be commenting much after January because I'll be having a baby right about then. (Who should I sell my baby pictures to?)

Posted by: Sappho | October 21, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

-Omaha

Posted by: to Yup | October 21, 2008 9:57 AM

Some posters are prohibited from registering by their employers....

"Everyone will be held accountable for the comments they make...just like in "real" life. "

Oh, brother!!

Posted by: Yup | October 21, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

byoolin:

Paris to London
____

Is that the shopper's version of Paris to Dakar? If we're lucky, maybe she'll hop on the wrong plane...

Posted by: schnitz | October 21, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Some posters are prohibited from registering by their employers....

Well, in that case, it's not the Post that's censoring you but your employer. Life's a real b!tch when work gets in the way of important things in life like snarking celebs.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

To Wow: Thank you for proving my point.

Posted by: Betty | October 21, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

I'd be more than glad to play with Natalie Portman's puppies.

Posted by: yellojkt just sayin' | October 21, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Gwyneth says she is there for Madonna. Madonna says "Where is Chris Marten's safe room and how do I get in?"

Posted by: ep | October 21, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Zac, darlin',
The Pirate movies are gay enough as it is. You're really not needed.

Posted by: yellojkt | October 21, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

To Wow: Thank you for proving my point.

Posted by: Betty | October 21, 2008 10:18 AM

You're welcome. Have fun listening to your echo....

Posted by: Wow! | October 21, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Felix and Oscar, that's cute and congrats to Gillian and family.

Once again Gwyn is there for herself. I hear Madge is buying a place in NY; Gwyn will remain in England which means she has the country to herself but sticks us with Madge. However, if Paris does move the joke is on Gwyn. So there.

Liz, you beat us to the snark with the "Juliette Lewis looks presentable" line.

Posted by: petal,wonders can puppies replace ponies | October 21, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Felix and Oscar? She named her kids after the Odd Couple?

Posted by: jake e. poo | October 21, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Sappho,

You may want to try People, they seem to pay more for baby pics. Also, branch out and try the international market. Above all CONGRATS!!

Posted by: petal those puppies are mighty cute but ponies are just alsome | October 21, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Mr. Blackwell did not come upon his fashion sense all by himself.

The fact is that Mr. Blackwell was first cousin to Omar the Tentmaker. But Blackwell hated Omar for some reason lost to obscurity.

So however Omar dressed his clients, Blackwell would dump on Omar's fashions.

Posted by: Elias Howe | October 21, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

So far about 75% of these posts prove my point. Just stupid comments and things that people wont say once the registration takes place.
Basically you will have dorkus, byoolin, methinks, curmedgeon and a few others.
All of the you think, and ya promise and idotic responses like that will be gone.

Posted by: anon | October 21, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Who's that guy with Patrick Dempsey?

Posted by: BDWESQTM | October 21, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Doesn't Sarah Silverman know that any good stand-up comedianne worth her salt should be able to improvise. Sounds like it was a horribly embarrassing situation for her but I doubt that a woman who will pee in a bottle on camera could be embarrassed by much.

Madonna leaving London, comes back to US. Paris leaving US, goes to London. Guess it had to happen or else the world would tilt out of orbit from the weight of their egos.

Anyone besides me suspicious that Scully delivers a child and Moulder leaves his wife?

Posted by: hodie | October 21, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Maybe I don't understand exactly what's going on with the registration thing. If you don't use your actual name to register, doesn't that make it anonymous? Is the deal that byoolin will still be byoolin but not byoolin plus the witty stuff added on?

Posted by: rashibama | October 21, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

La-la-la-la, I can't hear you!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: anon | October 21, 2008 10:37 AM

Spelling Police!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Juliette Lewis does NOT look presentable. Her hair looks like it hasn't been washed in a week. Speaking of, little Suri Cruise's bangs need a trim.

Posted by: spartan's focus is on hair today | October 21, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rashibama | October 21, 2008 10:41 AM

What witty stuff?

Posted by: Huh? | October 21, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Congrats on the baby-a-comin', Sappho. You're right, your life is gonna change.

Posted by: methinks | October 21, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Love the green hat reference, Stick.

Posted by: byoolin always thought JC needed something to distract from that ratty loincloth. | October 21, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rashibama | October 21, 2008 10:41 AM

What witty stuff?

Posted by: Huh? | October 21, 2008 11:05 AM

****

You took the words outta my mouth.

Posted by: byoolin | October 21, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Congrats on the baby-a-comin', Sappho. You're right, your life is gonna change.

Posted by: methinks | October 21, 2008 11:08 AM

Sappo's life is gonna change when the baby arrives. There's a shocker! Is this the OP blog?

Posted by: Your sex life will go down the tubes, pronto. | October 21, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Registration tends to be the kiss of death for a WaPo blog...

Posted by: Beware | October 21, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Registration will have zero effect on your ability to anonymously post whatever inane comment you want. In no way is this censorship. You can still call yourself whatever name you want. The only thing that is changing is people won't be able to make up those dumb run-on names for each post.

Posted by: badabingo | October 21, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Who's that guy with Patrick Dempsey?

Posted by: BDWESQTM | October 21, 2008 10:39 AM

*sigh*
Now I have nothing...

Does Tom realize how trashy he looks when he dresses his daughter up like than and then goes out in Katie's old jeans?

Posted by: b, who registered years ago and thinks b*tching about it is so 90s | October 21, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

If you are so concerned that the WaPo Secret Police are going to track you down through your registration email then go to yahoo or hotmail and you can set up an anonymous email address in about 10 seconds.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Is Donetella Versace on Steroids??? I always thought she looked mannish, but she seems to be getting worse and worse. My first thought at seeing the picture was why does Patrick Dempsey have his arm around a drag queen?

And what is up with the bitterness against regular posters and their witty quips/snark?

Posted by: That Guy | October 21, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rashibama | October 21, 2008 10:41 AM

What witty stuff?

Posted by: Huh? | October 21, 2008 11:05 AM

****

You took the words outta my mouth.

Posted by: byoolin | October 21, 2008 11:12 AM

****

Well, I suppose there IS a fine line between witty and witless.

Posted by: rashibama | October 21, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: That Guy | October 21, 2008 11:42 AM

The "inner circle" cliquey thing is a huge turn off.

Posted by: That Girl | October 21, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

The "inner circle" cliquey thing is a huge turn off.

Posted by: That Girl | October 21, 2008 11:50 AM
---------------
so your way of dealing is to make snotty comments about people you don't know? wow. that's so grown up.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

The "inner circle" cliquey thing is a huge turn off.

Posted by: That Girl | October 21, 2008 11:50 AM
---------------

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 11:53 AM

Um, it's the Net. Dunno anything for sure... What are your suggestions for dealing with the "inner circle" on this blog?

Posted by: That Girl | October 21, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

What are your suggestions for dealing with the "inner circle" on this blog?

Posted by: That Girl | October 21, 2008 11:56 AM

Post your own comments, and if they're any good, then you'll soon become part of that "inner circle," which is clearly your goal.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

then leave

Posted by: LTL hesitates to state the obvious but... | October 21, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 12:01 PM

Quality of comments is not the criteria; fake chumminess is...

Posted by: That Girl | October 21, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Quality of comments is not the criteria

Au contraire, it's the only criterion.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 12:01 PM

Quality of comments is not the criteria; fake chumminess is...

Posted by: That Girl | October 21, 2008 12:05 PM

Gee, just because the regulars aren't cynical and self-righteous is no reason to harsh the snark.

Posted by: b, who sees no 'inner circle' | October 21, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Quality of comments is not the criteria

Au contraire, it's the only criterion.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 12:07 PM

Coming Soon! "The Best of the Celeb Blog"!!!

Posted by: Check out the quality! | October 21, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: b, who sees no 'inner circle' | October 21, 2008 12:11 PM

Um, it's a blog for slamming celebs...What could be more cynical and self-righteous?

Posted by: Water seeks its own level | October 21, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

That *really* bothers me about the Hollywood Republicans. How hard is it just to allow a difference of opinion?

Posted by: DC Cubefarm | October 21, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Hurry! Hurry! Don't miss your last chance to troll unencumbered by those pesky registration names.

Posted by: to trolls | October 21, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

What I don't get is why there aren't more Republicans in Hollywood, especially in high places, considering that show biz is all about the money, lots of money. Think of how conservative they were back during the Blacklist period.

Posted by: to DC Cubefarm | October 21, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Maybe there are more Republicans in Hollywood. Remember: the place is filled with people pretending to be someone/something they're not.

Posted by: methinks | October 21, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if you know who has already set up a registration under the name luvlinsey?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sappho | October 21, 2008 10:07 AM

Congrats Sappho. I'd sell my baby's pics to the highest bidder because thats how gosh-darned adorable my 4 month daughter is...

That said, I think the most distressing thing about those pics w/Suri and Tom is the adament nature in which the photographers dogged them. I saw that video clip and was really annoyed by the persistence of the photogs- I think Tom was more than gracious to pose with Suri the first time but why continue hunting them down so you can take pics of a father and daughter, doing what- eating ice cream?! Hardly a Tom Cruise fan but that clip got me mad- I wanted so badly to reach in a protect little Suri.

Juliette Lewis looks barely presentable- the ill fitted dress and dirty looking hair get her a C-. Its a bit better than those paintsuits she likes to rock that display her camel toe.

Posted by: plamar1031 | October 21, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Agree with y'all. Donatella is looking very manly. Never thought the bleached hair ever did her any favors. But poor Sister Allegra. Someone get that girl a sandwhich!

Those super low backed dresses like the one Christina Ricci was wearing make me a bit nervous, even more so than a plunging neckline. Not sure why, though.

Juliette Lewis looks as though she looked at her watch at 7:30 pm and thought "Damn! I have to be at the Art Gala at 8. Maybe I have time for a quick shower".

Posted by: hodie | October 21, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

IVE ALREDY REGISTRED THE HOLE LIBARY AS LUVJEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thatll show the preverts who look at PORN all the time....now theyll have to go on LIZS SITE!!!!!
HUGS to all leezards gr8t and small...........

Posted by: luvjen | October 21, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

"I could bend in ways I haven't been able to since I was a teenager," she says. "My husband [Tim McGraw] loves it!"

And some of us would have loved it if US had shown a picture of Faith doing the Gumby.

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 21, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

So Duchovny's tennis pro's name really is Edit.

To bad Gillian Andersen wasn't her mommy. She could have been named Cecily or Gwendolyn. Or Olive or Florence, perhaps.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | October 21, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

'Splain, MoCoSnarky!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: to trolls | October 21, 2008 12:34 PM

Since I have several Net personas, not a problem.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Since I have several Net personas, not a problem.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 1:20 PM

Schizo-troll alert!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

test

Posted by: Anonymous | October 21, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | October 21, 2008 10:40 AM
-----------------------------------------
Nice, hodie!

Posted by: clw remembers the good ol' days | October 21, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

"Oh, brother!!"

What exactly do you disagree with? Being held accountable for your words increases the chances that everyone will act in a civilized manner.

And FWIW, I am more of a "lurker" than a poster...not part of the "inner circle." Reading the exchanges between the regulars is one of my favorite parts of this blog.

-Omaha

Posted by: Back to Yup | October 21, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Say, where did everyone go??? Did the scary Schizo troll run you off? Come back, Tiki bar will have their happy hour special soon.

Back to snark. Do you think that Gwenneth's negative "friend" was actually Madonna? Divorce is getting uglier, reported last night on one of the Hollywood shows that Guy says making love to Madonna is like snuggling up to a piece of grisel. (She definitely looks that way).

Posted by: hodie | October 21, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

"Guy says making love to Madonna is like snuggling up to a piece of grisel."

Pass the extra strength brain bleach, please.

Posted by: ep | October 21, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Brit gets a mistrial because jurors can't figure out whether her domicile was California or Louisiana. Sure am glad they didn't have to decide how many angels could dance on the head of a pin, or any real important stuff.

hodie, I'll bring commemorative salt peanuts to the Tiki Bar today.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 21, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

"Guy says making love to Madonna is like snuggling up to a piece of grisel."

Should we conclude that Guy's gone vegetarian?

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 21, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

The notion that Hollywood is full of liberals is only popular because most of them are actors and very public with their faces and their views. And as the article says, a lot of the creatives who have power to hire and fire talent are also liberal, which is intimidating to anyone not powerful enough where it doesn't matter. But I find that percentage thing highly suspect. This is a big industry town, that has become more and more corporate, run by lawyers and CEOs and they are NOT liberals.

I registered years ago in order to access the Post online and had totally forgotten what I registered under until I looked at the very top of the page--post-registration I will be sorcerers_cat.

Please let the Paris Hilton rumor be true--London can have her forevermore.

Posted by: hermespal | October 21, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Please let the Paris Hilton rumor be true--London can have her forevermore.

Why's everyone hatin' on the Brits? Gwyneth, Madonna and now Paris...not sayin' I want them back here, but what has the British done to deserve them? Couldn't we give them to China?

Posted by: Anglophile | October 21, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Anglophile, I love the brits. I'd rather stick them all on our Manhattan Project than subject anyone else to them, but if we're going to allow them an element of choice, then anywhere they go is better than having them here!

breaking:

LOS ANGELES – The criminal driving-without-a-license case against Britney Spears in Los Angeles has been dismissed.

A mistrial was declared Tuesday morning when jurors said they couldn't come up with a unanimous decision following two full days of deliberations. Jurors were deadlocked 10-2 in favor of acquitting the pop singer of any wrongdoing.

A couple of hours later, prosecutors said they would not pursue the criminal case further, and the case was dismissed.

Who says celebs don't get special treatment?

Posted by: hermespal | October 21, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

hermespal (sorcerers_cat)
Who says celebs don't get special treatment?

Alas.

Posted by: Nosy Parker sighs deeply | October 21, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Edit Parkay's denial of an affair with David Duchovny affirms her status as a tennis instructor: she certainly gave him a nasty backhand.

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 21, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Sas, there are so many potential puns in that posting of yours, I scarcely know where to begin.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 21, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

If ever there was a case for insemination with only Y chromosome sperm, Donatella Versace is it.

Donatella would make a pretty decent drag queen. Too bad that she's a she. And Allegra is just plain mousy.

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 21, 2008 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Sas
Donatella would make a pretty decent drag queen.

So would Ann Coulter.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 21, 2008 5:44 PM | Report abuse

My eyes! My eyes!

(eyes burning after seeing the horror that is Donatella Versace)

WTF happened there? Is that a starved little actress' body with a giant Playdoh head stuck on? Seriously, the head is GINORMOUS. Almost as big as the rubber lips. That doesn't even look real. We're talking Michael Jackson territory here.

Posted by: Californian | October 21, 2008 6:53 PM | Report abuse

Republicans whine about feeling shoved into closet.

Hahahahahahaha -- karma's a b*tch, ain't it.

I have to disagree about Juliette Lewis looking presentable. The hair?!?

Posted by: Californian | October 21, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse