Posted at 8:42 AM ET, 10/30/2008

Morning Mix: Sitcom for Lilo, Brit and Paris?

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Tina Fey talks about meeting Sarah Palin (video)... Upbeat Patrick Swayze calls cancer battle "hell on wheels"... Janet Jackson cuts suggestive bit from Detroit show... Jenna Elfman slams Scientology critics... Others notice Jessica Simpson's bad outfit... Cloris Leachman signs on to new Brad Pitt movie... E! orders second season of Denise Richards's reality... Courteney Cox developing sitcom "Cougar Town" for ABC... Heidi Klum moves annual Halloween party to New York... A-listers (including British nationals Sacha Baron Cohen and Orlando Bloom) want you to vote:

5 More Friends

Pix: Gwen Stefani debuts baby Zuma... Laila Ali and son Curtis... Linda Hogan carries teen-aged boyfriend's skateboard... Judi Dench rocks crystal "007" tattoo... Michael Jackson takes kids to Halloween shop.

Crime Watch: Chicago police may have found gun used in Hudson family murders, say killer may have had accomplice; suspect reportedly refused lie detector test... Phil Spector murder retrial heats up.

Rumor Mill Special Report -- Madge & Guy: Madonna calls Guy to plead for quick settlement.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton to star in sitcom together?... Jackson 5 planning reunion tour?... Victoria Beckham to run New York City marathon this weekend?... Brangelina employ one nanny per kid... Pitt getting close to co-star Diane Kruger, says tabloid... Kirsten Dunst spotted drinking again?

Say What?
"I delivered him. I held the left leg the whole time." -- Lil Wayne discusses his experience during the birth of son Dwayne Michael Carter III.

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's edition of Celebritology Live.

Made By You: Considering the humbling video producer Rocci and I posted here last week, I'm sure you've got your own celeb-inspired costumes locked and loaded. Share pix of yourself in costumein our reader-submitted photo gallery. (A little inspiration.)

By Liz Kelly  | October 30, 2008; 8:42 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jessica Simpson: Fashionably Late
Next: Crossdressing Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Mmm Mmm Good!

Comments

Don't look now, but Gwynnie's just posted another GOOP update. This week, how to live healthy -- detox, eat whole foods and afford to have three expensive docs in three different cities:

Posted by: Liz Kelly | October 30, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Pitt getting close to co-star Diane Kruger, says tabloid... Cloris Leachman signs on to new Brad Pitt movie... Courteney Cox developing sitcom "Cougar Town" for ABC

Interesting convergence, Liz. Will one of the episodes of Courteney's series be about Cloris hooking up with Brad?

Actually, my favorite line in the Pitt/Kruger article is this piece of schadenfreude: "Well, you know Jennifer Aniston is doing a victory dance around the old cauldron right now."

The one thing that troubles, however, is the potential harm/sorrow to the six Brangelina children (who did nothing to deserve any of this), because money can't fix everything.

Jenna Elfman slams Scientology critics

She says people should learn more about Scientology. Of course she'd say that, because Scientology charges a bundle for access to it, including their "alien cosmology" BS. What a racket! And WTF kind of names are Bodhi (hubby) and Story (kid), anyway?

Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton to star in sitcom together?...

By the time all three are sufficiently mature emotionally to be able to handle it, will it need to be a remake of "The Golden Girls"?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 30, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Thank you, Liz Kelly, for noticing the weirdness here:

Say What?

Whose leg was Lil Wayne holding?

Did anyone else "experience the birth", say, the mother, perhaps?

Did he order up this baby or does he know the mother?

Also - if Brangleina really have 6 nannies, then how much parenting are they doing anyway? It would be more like teaching a "mommy & me" Gymboree class where each little one has an adult and the teacher (here, Brangleina) calls out directions, "Now sing the itsy bitsy spider and turn around in a circle!"

Posted by: Amelia5 | October 30, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Huh.

If Brad Pitt has a habit of hitting-on his co-stars, will Cloris be the next home wrecker featured in the tabs? Should Angelina be worried? Is Jen over the moon with glee? Will all those kids and their nannies be sad?

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | October 30, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Huh.

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | October 30, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Jenna Elfman, don't listen to those scientology critics, those are the same people who criticized Darma and Greg as being stupid and a waste of time and money. And we all know how wrong they were about that.

Any mention of the Hogan family relations just causes me to shudder.

Judi Dench, ahh there ain't nothing like a dame, nothing in the world.

I'd rather they bring back Carpoolers than make a sitcom with Britney, Lilo, and Paris.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 30, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

oooops

sorry for the double post

VTY

Mudge

Posted by: bmschumacher | October 30, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Orlando Bloom + Diane Krueger + Brad Pitt = "Troy".

Posted by: jezebel3 | October 30, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Whose leg was Lil Wayne holding?
Posted by: Amelia5 | October 30, 2008 9:22 AM

The Mom's leg. That's how they do it now a days - rather than stirrups. The Dad (or whatever) holds up one leg, and someone else (nurse, Mom's mom, or whatever) holds up the other leg during the birth. It's, um, very hands-on.(Teehee!) I thought my hubby was going to pass out while we were "experiencing the birth" of our son.

That britney, lilo, paris story has go to be crap - they don't even talk anymore do they? And further association would not help anyone (brit, lilo) on the road to recovery. Not to mention how excruciatingly horrible such a thing would be to watch. But, then again, E! reupped on Digbat Richards, so, sadly, anything is possible.

Oh, and there is no way that Posh could run a marathon - does anyone else recall the story about how they had to make her eat so that she could keep up with the pace of the Spice Girls reunion tour?

Posted by: VaLGaL | October 30, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

On the Lilo/Paris/Britney teamup:
"The proposed show has been described as a cross between Friends and Ugly Betty."
Which begs the questions (1) Who's going to play Betty? And (2) How long will it take for Lilo to attempt to maul that person?

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 30, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Whose leg was Lil Wayne holding?
Posted by: Amelia5 | October 30, 2008 9:22 AM

Posted by: VaLGaL | October 30, 2008 9:40 AM

Interesting. Who gets to clean up the poop and other vile messes?

Posted by: jezebel3 | October 30, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

When I saw that headline about Jenna Elfman slamming Scientology critics I immediately thought, "oooh! The Lizards got a mention!" Sadly I realized she was not specific.

Laila Ali's baby is precious.

Posted by: pras40 | October 30, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

The two best parts of the Jenna Elfman article -

1. That my first thought was 'why does that name sound familiar???'

2. That she waxed poetically about how scientology has made the lame walk and the blind see and is on the cusp of curing cancer and solving the world hunger issue

PS I wonder if in Scientology you hold the leg???

Posted by: LTL1 | October 30, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

The two best parts of the Jenna Elfman article -

1. That my first thought was 'why does that name sound familiar???'

PS I wonder if in Scientology you hold the leg???

Posted by: LTL1 | October 30, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

sorry for the double post... and I will refrain from any BNL quotes today...

Posted by: LTL1 | October 30, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Tentative title for the Lilo, Brit and Paris sitcom - Three Girls, No Brain.

Posted by: MStreet1 | October 30, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Other Ideas for the Brit/LiLo/Paris sitcom:

The Brady Girls - three sisters living la vida loca in LA. Costarring Ann B Davis as Alice. Pilot episode: Cindy (Paris) is shocked when she catches Marsha (LiLo) making out with Jan (Brit), and shocked again when she catches her making out with Greg (guest star Stephen Baldwin) later the same day.

The G--- Bang Theory - three college girls of easy virtue share an apartment next to a brainiac and compete in their attempts to bed him, which usually succeed before the first commercial break.

Til Death Comes In Threes - Brad Garrett plays identical triplets married to a troika of Russian mailorder brides.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 30, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

"If Brad Pitt has a habit of hitting-on his co-stars, will Cloris be the next home wrecker featured in the tabs?" -- Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | October 30, 2008 9:22 AM

***

Let's imagine how that might look: http://tinyurl.com/6n6kgm

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 30, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Posh? Marathon? In heels?

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 30, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Interesting. Who gets to clean up the poop and other vile messes?

Posted by: jezebel3 | October 30, 2008 9:46 AM

Nurses, that part hasn't changed in, what, a couple thousand years? :) And vile is really an understatement. (NOT thinking about it...NOT thinking about it...)

Posted by: VaLGaL | October 30, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Memo to all Botox-ed, plastic, Hollywood "girls": take a good look at the real, fierce, gorgeous Judi Dench. THIS is beauty. Not in spite of the years and the wrinkles, but because of them.

There is no beauty in being stretched-smoothed-lifted-pulled-sliced and looking like every other mis-guided chick in Hollywood. You people mutilate yourselves thinking it improves your appearance, when all it does is make you look foolish and, frankly, stupid.

Live your live, embrace your life, develop a priority other than your mirror, and maybe one day you too can be half as awesome at 73 as Dame Judi.

Posted by: jaybbub | October 30, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, Little Wayne, holding Mom's leg when Little Dwayne popped out does not equal delivering the baby, but way to go for being there. Make sure you clean that "nastiness" off your shoes.

Puzzled that Brangelina couldn't restore order with 4 nannies and had to hire two more. Are the kids demons or something? What's up with that?

Posted by: hodie | October 30, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

It's like Friday came early! A whole article on The Swayze! Thanks, Liz - you absolutely made my day.

He sounds like he has an unbeatable attitude, and an incredible support and partner in his wife. Honestly, what's not to love about this guy!

Posted by: jaybbub | October 30, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Yay for the Swayze! You're right jaybbub, he sounds like a great guy. Keep up the good fight!

Posted by: Bawlmer | October 30, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Kirsten Dunst went to rehab for depression, at least that's what she said, or her publicist said. That means it's OK for her to have a drink and a smoke. The Zoom-Lense journalists should try to snap her sitting alone somewhere, crying. Or just looking really bummed out. Now that would be a story.

Posted by: rashibama | October 30, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad we clarified that Lil Wayne was holding the mom's leg the whole time...otherwise that baby would've been coming out backwards...talk about your vile messes...

Posted by: megtheegg | October 30, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Orlando Bloom + Diane Krueger + Brad Pitt = "Troy".

Posted by: jezebel3 | October 30, 2008 9:33 AM

=======
But Diane Krueger + Brad Pitt + Cloris Leachman + Quentin Tarantino could = a very interesting remake of "Harold and Maude"

Posted by: mdreader01 | October 30, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, GOT that it would be the mother's leg (having had a few babies myself)

BUT that's an extremely weird way to put it:

"I got to hold the left leg the whole time"

NOT

I held the mother's leg, or my wife's leg, or something that indicated he would recognize the face belonging to said leg.

Holding the "left leg" makes me think or fighting over the turkey drumsticks.

Posted by: Amelia5 | October 30, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Amen, jaybbub.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 30, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Amen, jaybbub.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 30, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Amelia5, I totally agree--that was the strangest phrasing even after I figured out he was referring to the mother and not the child. Ick.

Sending up a hopeful wish that this Spector jury will not feature two star-struck hold outs and finally put that sick twisted little ba$tard behind bars. I still cannot believe that his attorneys can present the "she killed herself" defense with a straight face. I used to bump into Lana in the neighborhood all the time--she was a lovely, sunny person.

Please please let the rumor about spears/lohan/hilton be false. It activates my gag reflex. There was a full page ad on the back of the main section of the LA times for Paris' new fragrance--ruined my morning coffee and newspaper routine entirely.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | October 30, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

sorcerer's cat, was that the add where she looks like Tinkerbell? Who is she marketing to? 8yos? I saw it the other day and I burst out laughing. Liz, you should post it for others. Very snarkable

Posted by: hodie | October 30, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

I meant "ad" on that last post. Again I am thankful the spelling/grammar police have not followed.

More masks for the Jackson kids. Halloween everyday at their house. Article mentioned MJ looking gaunt and pale. The "pale" had me snickering. How can you tell he's pale???? Is he ill or did he use too much bleach this week?

Posted by: hodie | October 30, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

yeah hodie, that's the one. I'm actually surprised the ever-litigant Disney isn't loudly protesting in light of their big "fairies" launch right now. It's appalling--here's a woman who got famous for a sex tape marketing to little girls.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | October 30, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Spector trial update from the Associated Press:

"The first day of testimony in music producer Phil Spector's murder retrial has been canceled after a juror fell and broke his foot in the court parking lot....

"...[T]he man wants to continue after receiving medical attention.

"The judge says he... [will] await the man's return on Monday."

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 30, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Too many TMI childbirth comments here, so forgive me if someone already said this while I was averting my eyes:

"Brangelina employ one nanny per kid" -- well, sure, it gives Brad time to defend all those firefighters being dissed for their tats. Plus, it's long-term planning. This way, when Brad and Angelina split up, they don't have to worry about attachment issues because each nanny will go with the respective custodial parent. (Genius, really -- if it weren't so inevitably sad.)

Also, who are those men kissing in the photo of the Celebritology gallery? At first I thought it was a "War of the Roses" reunion of Michael Douglas and Danny DeVito, but now the guy on the left looks like Roman Polanski and the other one like Kelsey Grammer.

Either that, or it's another photo from the Tom Cruise/Matt Lauer roast and Matt's gone a little thinner up top than I remember. Anyone?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 30, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

The Britney/Lindsay/Paris sitcom needs a fourth. I suggest Paris' real-life aunt, former child star Kim Richards ("Escape from Witch Mountain").

Then you can just recycle plots from "The Golden Girls" (call this one "The Golden Grrrrrls"?) and Lisa Kudrow's short-lived and underrated HBO show "The Comeback" and you're good to go for a dozen episodes easy.

The trick will be getting all four of them to show up for an on-time call.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 30, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

If the chatter on Celebritology Live asking for cat name suggestions posts here, let us know if you liked/chose any of the ones submitted!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | October 30, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

I missed the chat (darn work) but I just HAVE to say ... could Andy BE any cuter?! And those are some big impressive paws. Just don't tell my cat I said that ... he thinks his are the most impressive. =^..^=

I'm liking this cat/celeb/pleated pants mix.

Posted by: Californian11 | October 30, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

speaking of pleated pants, I saw something yesterday that has taken the place of pleated pants as my biggest fashion no-no. I saw a nice professional looking young lady, dressed in a suit but wearing black sandals (open toed) with black socks.
Owe the humanity!

Posted by: VaLGaL | October 30, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Condé Nast Publications will reduce the number of issues that it publishes of two magazines, Portfolio and Men’s Vogue, and will cut budgets across the company by 5 percent, company executives said Thursday as the belt-tightening in the industry reaches even the publisher of high-end products like Vanity Fair and The New Yorker.

The business magazine Portfolio will be published 10 times a year, instead of 12, and Men’s Vogue will come out twice a year instead of 10 times, said the executives, who asked not to be identified because they were not authorized to discuss the changes, which have not been announced...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 30, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

yes, that is a big NO ValGal and I risk offending some when I say wearing Crocs anywhere outside of the garden is also a big fashion don't. Yes, I know they are soooo comfy but they are also sooooo ugly!

Posted by: hodie | October 30, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

ValGal, I agree with the socks w/sandals fashion don't. I will risk offending some by saying that wearing Crocs anywhere outside of the garden is also a fashion don't. Yes, I know they are soooooo comfy but they are also soooooo ugly!

Did anyone notice the pizza on the Papa Murphy ad at the top of the post looks alot like luvjen's jennifer aniston pizza?

Posted by: hodie | October 30, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

sorry for repeating myself Computer acting up, first post did not initially go through. Weird.

Posted by: hodie | October 30, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

hodie, I'm having trouble posting here too.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 30, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

My earlier posting posted twice for some unknown reason ...

Posted by: Californian11 | October 30, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

to the new cat mama -

Why not call her "Pants"?

VTY