Posted at 8:30 AM ET, 10/ 3/2008

Morning Mix: Stone Denies Botox Allegations; Madonna Reportedly Dines with A-Rod

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Sharon Stone says she never suggested Botox for eight-year-old son... Sandra Bernhard says her Sarah Palin rape remarks were taken out of context... Broadway theaters to dim lights tonight in honor of Paul Newman... Tom Cruise pens essay about Newman for People magazine... Elisabeth Hasselbeck not leaving "The View," says agent... Rosie O'Donnell lands NBC variety show special... Kanye West's TV show deemed "too hard-core" for HBO... Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag eat tacos to fight world (and "90210") hunger... James Earl Jones to get SAG lifetime achievement award... Salma Hayek campaigns to wipe out tetanus... Pam Anderson asks Cate Blanchett to boycott Armani... Martin Scorsese and Robert DeNiro team up for new mob movie... Beyonce says her new album will drop on Nov. 18... Tipster netted $27K for Heather Locklear arrest photos... Natalie Cole on bed rest following Hep C bout... Liza Minnelli makes raunchy Italian TV performance... Pic: Elizabeth Hurley's wardrobe malfunction.

Crime Watch: "Dancing With the Stars" alum Helio Castroneves charged with tax evasion... CBS's Lara Logan scrutinized for Iraq souvenirs.

Rumor Mill: Madonna and A-Rod dine together in New York... Paris Hilton to release second album on her own label... Melanie Brown sends out 11-page wedding invite for planned Egyptian vow renawal... Russell Crowe quit drinking for his kids... Justin Timberlake bought engagement ring for Jessica Biel in Rome.

Video: Homer SImpson tries to vote for Obama...

Today at 2 p.m. ET, join the discussion about this month's "Lost" Book Club selection, Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse 5."

By Liz Kelly  | October 3, 2008; 8:30 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Stone Cold Parenting Advice
Next: Friday List: The Best John Hughes Movie?

Comments

Russell Crowe quit drinking for his kids.

Now they'll have to drink for themselves.

Posted by: byoolin | October 3, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

AKA The Pretentious Bores' Club

Posted by: Cliquesville | October 3, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Speidi wants to help the world "one taco at a time," as the E! story puts it. Maybe each of them could choke on one.

Liz Kelly, a "wardrobe malfunction" is when one can see Elizabeth Hurley's boobie(s), not her panties. Nobody except that guy in Tokyo who used a fishing rod to steal underwear from clotheslines cares about panties. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080930/od_afp/japancrimesexoffbeat_080930161737)

Helio's going from "Dancing With the Stars" to "Traded For A Pack Of Smokes."

"Paris Hilton to release second album on her own label..." if she can figure out how to burn a CD from her Mac's Garage Band app.

If the invitation to Mel B's renewal is 11 pages, imagine how long the ceremony will be.

Posted by: byoolin | October 3, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Really, Scorsese and DeNiro making a gangster movie, that seems so out of character for those two.

What in the world possessed me to click on th Liza Minnelli link? Thank god the I could cleanse my brain with the Elizabeth Hurley link.

I'm sure all those hungry people in the world appreciate Heincer stuffing their faces with tacos.

An 11-page invite for vow-renewals? And they are planning to sell the pictures from the event. Let's start the countdown to when Mel B gets divorced.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 3, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

AKA The Pretentious Bores' Club

Posted by: Cliquesville | October 3, 2008 9:15 AM

***

Ya know, it takes one to know one. And, please work on your vocabulary. It seems the the only word you know is "pretentious." So, here are some suggestions to spice up your repetitive and uncreative posts: ambitious, arrogant, arty, bombastic, conceited, extravagant, faustian, flamboyant, flashy, flowery, gaudy, genteel, grandiose, high-flown, highfaluting, inflated, insincere, lofty, ornate, ostentatious, overblown, pharisaical, pompous, presuming, self-important, showy, smug, sonorous, splashy, turgid.
My personal favorite is "highfaluting," as in "Those people who read are so highfaluting."
Also, I believe the word you are looking for is "boor," not bore.
Thank you and I look forward to some refinement and less parroting in your future posts on this and all other blogs.

Posted by: Idjit is also a good word | October 3, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Ooh, I like 'faustian' myself.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 3, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Idjit is also a good word | October 3, 2008 9:24 AM

Refinement on a CELEB blog???????? LOL!

Posted by: Cliquesville | October 3, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

"I believe the word you are looking for is "boor," not bore."

I thought the same thing, but I couldn't stop talking long enough to mention it at the time.

But I tend to drop the second 'g' from "highfaluting," because "highfalutin'" sounds less, well, highfalutin'.

Posted by: bombastic byoolin likes "turgid." | October 3, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I've got dibs on turgid!

Posted by: jelo | October 3, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

"highfalutin'" sounds less, well, highfalutin'.

Agreed.

Refinement on a CELEB blog???????? LOL!

Apparently "literate" is also missing from your vocabulary...refinement of YOUR posts. Everyone else does fine.

Posted by: idjit is also a good word | October 3, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bombastic byoolin likes "turgid." | October 3, 2008 9:38 AM

Or Byoolin takes declamation lessons from Sarah Palin.

Posted by: demostehens | October 3, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

That's Demosthenes.

Posted by: Spelling Police | October 3, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

"That's Demosthenes."

It's hard to get his name since the dude speaks like he's got a mouthful of rocks or something.

Posted by: mouse, going for the obscure Classics reference | October 3, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Really Sandra, please do explain how your comment was taken out of context. I'm intrigued.

Heincer those crazy kids, what they could do for world hunger is shut up and get out of the spolight. That would have a major impact.

If Hasselbeck were to leave the view she'd probably be missed for 2 seconds and the show would go on. They've got Sherri to keep the thought provoking comments going.

Posted by: petal | October 3, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

I must be really worn out today because I'm unable to muster up any caring at all about anyone in today's Morning Mix.

Except James Earl Jones. That man's voice is a national treasure.

Since I don't give a dang about all those other folks, I'll use my celeb-obsessing energy to give it up for The Swayze. He just won't quit! Love him!

Posted by: jaybbub | October 3, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

You betcha, everyone who reads is not like all of my friends, the Joe 6-pack club. Readers are all pretentious boors like Joe Biden.
I myself never read books or even newspapers. Doggon it, Katie Curic can attest to that.

Posted by: Sarah Palin | October 3, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

speaking of pretentious "boors", Tom Cruise pens essay for People. Can't wait.

Good thing Liz was wearing panties. Many starlets don't for those clingy dresses. (Would that be qualify as a wardrobe malfunction then, byoolin?) Don't you think it odd that no one told her and let her go on and on? Or maybe it was calculated. She did it before w/the leopard print undies.....

An eleven page invite for vow renewals??, Anon, your favorite insult would apply here as well.

Congrats to James Earl Jones.

Posted by: hodie likes pharisaical | October 3, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

READ THE EXCLUSIVE STORY

"LARA LOGAN THE LOOTER"

- THAT BROKE THIS STORY ...

ERSNEWS.COM / THE ENTERPRISE REPORT

Posted by: ERSNews | October 3, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Why does the picture of Sandra Bernhard that accompanies the WP article look like it was taken while she's being spun in a centrifuge?

Posted by: byoolin | October 3, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

i love that the pap got paid for calling in a drunken Locklear... perhaps that'll start a trend as there can never be too many bad celeb mugshots. Still, it's too bad paps cant follow paragons like Vitter and Craig around town - some of those pics might be funnier.

Posted by: Quintilius Varus | October 3, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

"Tom Cruise pens essay about Newman for People magazine"

Paul Newman (Color of Money), Dustin Hoffman (Rain Man), Cuba Gooding, Jr. (Jerry McGuire) all won Oscars when co-starring with that crazy Scientologist.

See a pattern? Not to take away from any of their acting talent (well, Cuba's maybe), but I cannot help but wonder if perhaps their Academy Awards were given in part for having to endure an entire movie shoot with Tom Cruise.

Posted by: td | October 3, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Dear God, Liza Minelli -- cross your legs! To me she always looks like she's spackled and glued together within an inch of her life. That photo doesn't help matters. I fear plaster or duct tape is going to come spilling out of somewhere.

Posted by: td is wearing a hard hat just in case | October 3, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

What's up with the last paragraph of the Lara Logan story:

"Logan, a former swimsuit model who is CBS' chief foreign affairs correspondent, made headlines this year when a CNN reporter and a US defense contractor in Iraq got into a brawl over her. The contractor impregnated Logan, who is due to give birth in January."

Who writes like this? It reads like some horror film: did they fight over her or did they fight over who was going to impregnate her...and what did they impregnate her with? More Iraqi loot?

Also, for the record, if I had gams like Elizabeth Hurley, I'd have wardrobe malfunctions all the time. Seriously.

Posted by: rachelt | October 3, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

"Salma Hayek campaigns to wipe out tetanus" -- better safeguard your vaccines there, Frida. Rumor has it Jenny McCarthy's got a mean right hook.

Posted by: td | October 3, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Looks like Liza's now a licensed joyologist. 'I love it, I love it, I love it!'

Posted by: rachelt | October 3, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td | October 3, 2008 10:26 AM

******************************************

Don't worry td, Amanda Peet has her back.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 3, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Or, to make a allusion to more recent history, they could be "Pretentious Boers."

Posted by: Red Dragon | October 3, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Or, if they were fans of losing sports teams, they could be "Pretentious Booers."

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

rachelt, I cannot stop laughing at that paragraph you quoted and your commentary. Hysterical. (Only the NYPost, kids, only the NYPost.)

Posted by: td is channeling cindy adams | October 3, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Quintilius, I thought that the cops found no evidence of alcohol and I thought they were testing her for Rx meds, which she is probably legitimately on for depression. Now, she WAS acting nutty, according to the story, but some antidepressant medications can do that to you and it often takes a year or more to find the right meds that help your problem without making you even more crazy. I'm guessing that her docs have already changed her meds AND I will make a bet with you that no charges are filed against her (unless some other kinds of drugs are found in the testing).

Posted by: sunnydaze is feeling splashy! | October 3, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

rachelt, who writes like that is the New York Post, who has been writing like that at least since 1970. They are of course more interested in "former swimsuit model" and "contractor impregnated" than Logan's possesion of anything that rightfully belongs in Iraq.

In other news, Liza Minelli comes by her nutjob creds honestly given who her parents were.

Posted by: Red Dragon | October 3, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

"Rosie O'Donnell lands NBC variety show special"

"Kanye West's TV show deemed "too hard-core" for HBO"

Hey. . . I've got an IDEA!

Posted by: td suggests calling it *kanye exits to eden* | October 3, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

No need for any of y'all to comment. Byoolin is here. I shall regale you all with fine examples of my wit.

Posted by: byoolin | September 18, 2007 11:56 AM

And the real byoolin is here, right behind not-byoolin. More later. I'm hanging with Liz and Gene right now.

Posted by: byoolin | September 18, 2007 12:06 PM

Geez. I wonder if maybe I have Alzheimer's and the first comment is really me?

Posted by: byoolin | September 18, 2007 12:09 PM

Since the OJ robbery story broke, I've been annoying TMZ like a smelly homeless man. This is a valid mainstream press story it is equally a valid tabloid story. Now all we need is a Weekly World News headline: .Bat boy "I'm no rat, but he did it"

Posted by: Lisa1 | September 18, 2007 12:29 PM

Thanks, not-byoolin and "real" byoolin. You have both served your purpose and may step aside now. I'm hanging with AG-elect Mukasey right now and discussing Iraq war strategy with my man, G' Bush!

Posted by: byoolin | September 18, 2007 12:30 PM

One byoolin is enough.

Posted by: st. louis | September 18, 2007 12:33 PM

There's way too many byoolins in here. It's starting to sound like a Henry Mancini songfest.

Posted by: niceFLguy | September 18, 2007 12:38 PM

seriously, don't hijack people's handles. it's not nice and breaks all sorts of interstate trafficking laws.

the OJ story is a legitimate news story, not just a tabloid story. armed robbery is one of the 'seven deadly sins' here where I live. there's mandatory jail time for brandishing a weapon and it sounds like there was definitely some brandishing going on.

Posted by: methinks | September 18, 2007 12:40 PM

It's not nice to steal people's handles. Be orignal and think of your own. Although, it is kind of funny to see all the confusion caused by the byoolin impersonators. Will the real byoolin say something insightful and funny so we'll recognize you?

Posted by: NOT byoolin | September 18, 2007 12:45 PM

i meant to capitalize, but i was too lazy to look for the shift key. who has that kind of time?

Posted by: methinks | September 18, 2007 12:47 PM

I am reminded of an old BC cartoon. BC is introducing Curls to everyone else; when BC introduces him to Peter, he says, "This is Curls, master of sarcasm and wit."

Peter says, "Say something funny."

Curls: "I'm pleased to meet you."

Posted by: byoolin (the real one) | September 18, 2007 12:48 PM

I think being called "insightful and funny" is what prompted that reminiscence, by the way.

Posted by: byoolin (the real one) | September 18, 2007 12:50 PM

and i'm the real one.
enough said.

Posted by: the real methinks is PO'd | September 18, 2007 1:00 PM

Ah, I think we've located the real one.

Posted by: NOT byoolin | September 18, 2007 1:00 PM

besides, the real methinks (which is, me) wouldn't deign to explain why she doesn't use the shift key.

Posted by: methinks (the real one) | September 18, 2007 1:01 PM

"and i'm the real one.
enough said.

Posted by: the real methinks is PO'd | September 18, 2007 01:00 PM"

not me. just stop.

Posted by: methinks | September 18, 2007 1:01 PM

the shift key is a crutch for those who cant handle a caps lock. you should never have to explain that.

Posted by: byoolin | September 18, 2007 1:05 PM

liz, is there some way to track the nitwits doing this and banish them to a deserted island?

Posted by: methinks (the real one) | September 18, 2007 1:07 PM

I wish. This is kind of disheartening. Especially appended to such a serious post.

Posted by: Liz | September 18, 2007 1:08 PM

11:56, 12:30, 1:05 are all not me. (Nor, I'd guess, are they the cute Not Me character from the Family Circus who turns out to be responsible for all of Jeffy's transgressions and his heartbreaking slide into the hell that is meth addiction.)

Posted by: byoolin (the real one) | September 18, 2007 1:12 PM

bizaa. it says there are 20 comments but it only shows 3. wonder if it will show this one....

Posted by: b | September 18, 2007 1:13 PM

Liz - You should do what On Balance had to do after their snarkfest turned ugly - require everyone to use their WaPo handle when posting.

I agree-- folks should steer clear of using someone else's handle. It's not cool and I really like reading comments from both the "real" byoolin and methinks. Those guys are great snarky writers, unlike the imposter clowns who need to just fade out.

Posted by: Oaktown357 | September 18, 2007 1:15 PM

I would tell B should refresh her page, but she probably won't see this.

Posted by: Anonimis | September 18, 2007 1:17 PM

I didn't ask Liz to track down the nitwits and banish them, though I wish there was some way it could happen. For the record, I am the real, the original, the one and only (well, i used to be) 'methinks'. I guess I need to come up with a new name or something, but that makes me sad.

The real methinks would always comment on the original post by Liz. Which I did. *Sigh*
Yours truly,
The real methinks

Posted by: methinks (the real one) | September 18, 2007 1:19 PM

What if byoolin and methinks got together and planned all of this and the imposters are really byoolin and methinks pretending to be people pretending to be byoolin and methinks?

Whoa...I just blew my own mind...

Posted by: Anonimis | September 18, 2007 1:20 PM

Posted by: September Dawn | October 3, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

September Dawn, giving yourself a handle doesn't make you any less of a troll for posting 5 screenfuls of blog from 2 weeks ago.

Posted by: regular | October 3, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Okay, I think this is the perfect opportunity to use an instantly understood catch phrase:

Carm Down!

Save some energy for the main post.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | October 3, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

what's with the flashbacks? This makes my head hurt.

Posted by: hodie needs some advil | October 3, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

*******************************************

Egads td, I had managed to repress all of my memories of Exit to Eden until you brought that up. Must go find brain bleach.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 3, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 2008 10:34 AM

You mean, like Cubs fans?

Posted by: b, who can't believe she stayed up to watch the end of that game | October 3, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

i've always liked pseudointellectual, as in "they were having a pseudointellectual c-f"

Posted by: b | October 3, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Coming soon!!

The Best of byoolin - Part 2!!

Posted by: Watch for it! | October 3, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

I like my Byoolin fresh.

Posted by: regular | October 3, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I like my Byoolin fresh.

Posted by: regular | October 3, 2008 11:07 AM

...and juicy

Posted by: me too | October 3, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Daily Mail headline: "Scantily-clad sixtysomething Liza Minnelli shocks Italians with raunchy TV performance"

These are the people that elected a porn star to parliament. They're not about to be shocked by Liza Minnelli's legs.

Posted by: byoolin thinks the US Senate could use a little Cicciolina... | October 3, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Cicciolina's not so fresh, I'm afraid...

Posted by: byoolin | October 3, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Armani agrees to stop using animal fur except for rabbits. Why rabbits you ask? We're gonna eat them anyway and they tear up our gardens. Oh and Minks. Gotta have something to line our hoodies with. Ugly little rodents anyway. No other animals, no siree, except maybe Foxes. Doing a public service as they carry rabies you know. But we won't use Chinchillas, definitely not. Only the ones we find as road kill.

Posted by: maxine | October 3, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

1 Comments:
byoolin said...
Depending on what this video depicts (can't view it on this computer), I (choose one)

(a) Agree completely
(b) Agree somewhat
(c) Neither agree nor disagree
(d) Disagree somewhat
(e) Disagree completely
(f) Know of a link to a story in which you can see Elizabeth Hurley's panties.

October 3, 2008 7:04 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

And I stand behind what I said there.

Posted by: byoolin | October 3, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Considering Logan is the reporter who slept her way through Iraq, I don't want to know what souvenirs she brought home.

Posted by: ep | October 3, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ep | October 3, 2008 11:50 AM

******************************************

Well, there is that one souvenir that will last her a life time (or at least 18 years)...

Posted by: Dorkus | October 3, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorkus | October 3, 2008 11:58 AM

I know that feeling exactly.

Posted by: Sarah Palin | October 3, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Me too, Mom. It's one of our family values. May I have a wedding for my 18th birthday?

Posted by: Bristol Palin | October 3, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Maybe I need to get my eyes tuned-up, but I think that Liza looks pretty good in the Italian interview photo. The only thing I would add is an admonishment for Liza to: "Sit up straight and stop slouching!"

I was wondering if PETA frowns on leather shoes and cotton socks (thinking about sweat/stink cures for SS's kid). If PETA frowns on leather, would it be ok if the shoes were made from road-kill instead of downed cattle?

Is Madonna's world tour going so badly that she has to have supper with A-Rod?

WARNING: Don't get near Tom Cruise for the next six weeks or so. I expect that Paul Newman will begin hurling lightning bolts at Cruise any moment now.

I also like the synonyms for pretentious except "genteel". Lizards ain't genteel.

Posted by: Curmudgeon | October 3, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I was undecided before the debate, and I am still undecided. The debate was without fire works, Watching Palin and Biden Practice is much more interesting.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Oh, good. Melanie Brown is finally going to divorce that animal-abusing scum she married.

Posted by: Californian | October 3, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Yay! Elizabeth Hurley wears panties (or better yet, knickers).

I just felt sorry for Liza Minnelli, trying to pretend it's 1972 again and she looks like she did in Cabaret. Aging gracefully would be much more attractive.

Posted by: Californian | October 3, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

admonishment for Liza to: "Sit up straight and stop slouching!"

Liza has scoliosis.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

The Crowe kids drinking comment made me spew diet coke across the room...my boss is mad (and wet)

Posted by: Thank you Byoolin | October 3, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

So where is this promised Friday list already?

Posted by: hey! | October 3, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Liz Hurley is going to be in Boston tomorrow flipping the switch for the Museum of Fine Art's pink illumination. I'll let you know if there are any wardrobe malfunctions here!

Posted by: bahston | October 3, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

So where is this promised Friday list already?

Posted by: hey! | October 3, 2008 12:48 PM

Don't bother. It's dumb. Targeted for the middle-aged who try to be "cool".

Posted by: Zzzz | October 3, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU to evryone who voted for my pizza.... My MOM said i shoulda voted for myself like 2000 times, but the DANG LIBARIAN was GLEERING at me so i had to leive....and this guy? who helped me UPLOWED my pizza picter? Hes still following me around and tryineg to KISS ME!! the libarian doesnt seem to care about THAT! HUH!!!
Even tho im not going to win it was an HOANAR to be NUMINATEd. Thanks to you guys and hugs to everone and JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: luvjen | October 3, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

luvjen is still able to spell the following words correctly:

about, an, and, around, at, be, but, care
dang, even, following, for, going, guys, had, helped, hugs, huh, I, it, Jen, kiss, like, Mom, me, my, myself, not, pizza, said, say, seem, so, still, thank, thanks, that, the, this, times, to, voted, want, was, who, win, you

Posted by: Blog Stats channels the Spelling Police | October 3, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

luvjen, this library you talk about, is it in a prison? The guy following you around, I believe he's called a guard. Also the librarian gleering at you...I'd be careful in the showers if I were you.

Posted by: Ali | October 3, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

What, not a single post after 2:41 yesterday? Or did Queen Liz expunge some spam?

OJ Simpson's been convicted of armed robbery and kidnapping. Yup, and Al Capone was only a tax-evader.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 4, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse