Posted at 7:45 AM ET, 10/ 7/2008

Morning Mix: Watch Out Ladies, Duchovny Leaves Rehab

By Liz Kelly
Tuesday

Gerard Butler arrives at Monday's L.A. premiere of his new movie, 'Rocknrolla.' (Getty Images)

Headlines: Admitted sex addict David Duchovny released from rehab... Brangelina brood visits New Orleans... Madonna disses Sarah Palin (and, oddly, Todd Palin's snowmobile) during concert... Go, Britney, Go!... For $5,000, Michael Lohan will box any opponent... Matthew Broderick signs on for Broadway return... Kim Kardashian says she never had plastic surgery... Anne Hathaway latest star to rock super-high heels... New Bond girl Gemma Arterton says she was born with six fingers on each hand... Sorry President Bush, but injured Misty May-Treanor bows out of "Dancing With the Stars"... Minnie Driver shares pic of baby Henry... "Idol" alumna Paris Bennett gives birth to baby girl... Suri Cruise just gets cuter... Oprah sued by ex-headmistress of South African school.

Rumor Mill: Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter join "Alice in Wonderland" cast... Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton trade barbs on Facebook... Hugh Hefner and Holly Madison break up.

Say What?
"I’ve got a zucchini that’s massive -- I could enter it into a competition." -- Nicole Kidman brags about her Nashville vegetable garden in November's Elle magazine.

Neato: Legendary Celebs rendered in fonts.

By Liz Kelly  | October 7, 2008; 7:45 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Miley Cyrus's Bittersweet Sixteen
Next: Creative Captioning: Grace Jones, Vampire Hat

Comments

LiLo and Paris exchange insults!!!!! Is there another Yo' Mamma contest in the the making?

I suggest water pistols at 50 paces to settle this whole thing!

Posted by: Elias Howe | October 7, 2008 8:21 AM | Report abuse

Wow! Hathaway is really fugly in the pic in the article.

Posted by: Yikes! | October 7, 2008 8:32 AM | Report abuse

"For $5,000, Michael Lohan will box any opponent." Hm. I thought the going rate for those Bumfights videos was a lot lower.

Gemma Arterton, Inigo Montoya was just here looking for you.

Minnie's baby Henry looks just like his dad, maybe.

"Oprah sued by ex-headmistress of South African school." Replace "Oprah" with "byoolin," "sued" with "spanked," "ex-" with nothing, "South African" with "all-girl Japanese kamikaze," and then we're talkin'.

Every time Nicole Kidman says, "I’ve got a zucchini that’s massive," Keith Urban blushes.

Posted by: byoolin | October 7, 2008 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Suri looks cute for sure, but how on Earth can she run around & have fun & play in a dress like that? They dress her like a doll, not an actual child.

Also: Team Lindsay!! Paris IS a pathetic [rhymes with rich].

Posted by: LittleMissMuskrat | October 7, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

I've always had my suspicions about Nicole Kidman!

Posted by: Jealous guy | October 7, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

I would like to see Michael Lohan box a kangaroo.

Posted by: methinks | October 7, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I hereby volunteer to help Misty May recover from her injury. If that means I need to rub her leg, help her stretch, whatever. I'll gladly sacrifice my time to help this great Olympian recover.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 7, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Suri is cute, but my granddaughter is cuter.

I love that Minnie Driver didn't sell the baby pics to the highest bidder and used MySpace to show off her kid. Nicely done.

Liz Kelly, I know you're a shoe person and by shoe I mean footwear, not the TV chat definition of 'shoes'...are the shoes worn by Anne Hathaway and Victoria Beckham as ugly and silly as I think they are or am I missing some sort of style gene?

Posted by: methinks | October 7, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Anne Hathaway in those heels sure is a long way up. But it would be worth the climb.

Posted by: yellojkt | October 7, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

How'd Helena Bonham Carter get the Alice gig? Bumping uglies (his way more than hers) with Tim Burton sure has its rewards.

Posted by: yellojkt | October 7, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

I would like to see Michael Lohan box a kangaroo.

Posted by: methinks | October 7, 2008 9:09 AM

******************************************

I'd like to see him box Mike Tyson.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 7, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Suri's outfit is adorable.

AND it's so nice to read about the Brangelina family finally getting out of their house (they must have cabin fever by now!) and getting to see a little of the world!! How wonderful!! New York and New Orleans! How nice they weren't stuck with only one vacation spot.

Posted by: Amelia | October 7, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Forget Duchovny, Gerard Butler is on loose and the only addiction he has is hotness.

Posted by: Lisa1 | October 7, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Well, it wasn't a car accident, but Tom Cruise certainly demonstrated his devotion to humanity when helping out the fallen photographer. The man is clearly destined for sainthood. (Do Scientologists have saints? What's the going rate?)

On a more serious note, what's with the photographer's expression? It's the same face I might make if someone had just punched me in the face, then turned around a second later, smiling, and picked up my keys for me... strange.

Posted by: WDC | October 7, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Not to be a wet blanket, but after reading the story about Nicole, the heroin addict in this morning's WaPo, I find it hard to have any sympathy or warm fuzzies toward David Duchovny and his rehabilitation from sex addiction.

---------------------------------------
"Gemma Arterton, Inigo Montoya was just here looking for you. "
byoolin-you complete me. (Not really, but that was one of your bests)

Posted by: jelo | October 7, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Does that rehab place where David Duchovny was hand out chastity belts to its grads?

Posted by: Curmudgeon | October 7, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

4’-5’ heels were designed to create the illusion of long legs, specifically the legs of a runway model. They are best worn with your birthday suit in order to appreicate the height.

Posted by: Lisa1 | October 7, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

I would like to see Michael Lohan box a kangaroo.

Posted by: methinks | October 7, 2008 9:09 AM

******************************************

I'd like to see him box Mike Tyson.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 7, 2008 9:22 AM
=============================

I'd like to see him box Dina.

Posted by: Curmudgeon wants to silence Dina Lohan for awhile | October 7, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa1 | October 7, 2008 10:01 AM

I'm thinking 4-5 feet heels would create the illusion of a giant.

Posted by: jus' sayin' | October 7, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

'Mudge, I think Dina can take Michael. Unless he learns some moves in prison.

Consider the surrealnesss of HBC's life and the suspension of belief in Hathaway's, Alice in Wonderland is the perfect flick for those two.

Thank you Amelia. That family is so crazy, they can't even stay in one place on vacation. Pick a spot and perch there for more than 5 minutes.

Posted by: ep | October 7, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe nobody has commented on the Hugh/Holly break up... I feel so verklempt....

Posted by: LTL is waiting for her morning entertainment | October 7, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I would like to see Michael Lohan box a kangaroo.

Posted by: methinks | October 7, 2008 9:09 AM

******************************************

I'd like to see him box Mike Tyson.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 7, 2008 9:22 AM
=============================

I'd like to see him box Dina.

Posted by: Curmudgeon

********

Michael Lohan, a kangaroo, Mike Tyson, and Dina Lohan in a box.

Then (pick one):

(a) cover with dirt.
(b) fill with water.
(c) launch into space.
(d) dress three of them as Holyfield and tell Tyson he wants a rematch.

Posted by: byoolin | October 7, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Just for you, LTL:

Which one is Holly Madison? The dumb one, the other dumb one, or the dumb one with the rack?

Posted by: byoolin resurrects an outtake from his first comment of the day. | October 7, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

I do like a nice high heel but there is a point when I think to myself, is suffering multiple trauma, the least of which I imagine is a bimalleolar ankle fracture (that's broken on both sides for you non-medical people)and the worst including traumatic brain injury from hitting the concrete from several stories up, is it worth the admiring glances I might receive from a gorgeous man? Well I guess it would depend on who that was.... Say Gerard Butler, then I say come on girls, lets go shopping! Mama needs a new pair of shoes.

Posted by: hodie | October 7, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

hodie, you want to go shoe shopping with Gerard Butler? Aren't there better uses of GB time? Are you going to be wearing the heels, or is he?

Don't get me wrong. Gerard Butler could accompany me to a root canal and I'd go happily.

Posted by: WDC | October 7, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

No, WDC. I need to go shopping to get the shoes so GB will look my way........You can come with if you'd like. Where does one get a pair of neck breaking shoes?

Posted by: hodie | October 7, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Which byoolin is the pathetic loser?

Posted by: The one who refers to himself in the third person | October 7, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

As much as I hate to admit that I know this, Holly is the dumb one from Alaska. There's a dumb one that giggles and another dumb one that carries her dog everywhere she goes and hosts the Sirius radio show.

Of the three, I always got the impression that Holly was the closest with Hef. She would always be seen trotting off to bed with him after some shindig or another.

Cris Angel? Aww...shucks Holly. Say it ain't so!

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | October 7, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

I would like to see Michael Lohan box a kangaroo.

Posted by: methinks | October 7, 2008 9:09 AM

******************************************

I'd like to see him box Mike Tyson.

Posted by: Dorkus | October 7, 2008 9:22 AM
=============================

I'd like to see him box Dina.

***
Let's take up a collection and get both of them in the ring. Maybe we can get them mic'd so we can hear the dirty laundry while their punching the cr@p out of each other.

**********

She's the one with the rack that needs braces. I guess it never occurred to get her teeth fixed since she doesn't really have to show that body part for her "spreads".

Posted by: anonymous lurker | October 7, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

oops!!
that's "....while they're punching the cr@p out of each other."

Posted by: anonymous lurker | October 7, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: anonymous lurker | October 7, 2008 11:37 AM

Holly had plastic surgery on her massive beak...

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

"rehab" and "Brangelina brood" in the same line? The range of possibilities boggles the mind.

Historical trivia: Being born with six fingers on one hand was thought to be a sign that the person was a witch, which could lead to a life foreshortened by execution. Anne Boleyn reportedly had six fingers, and we know how well that turned out.

Anne Hathaway acquitted herself admirably on SNL this past weekend (admittedly Michael Phelps hardly constituted competition in the thespian field). Didn't realize she had such a lovely singing voice, though.

Celeb fonts are clever. Thanks, Liz!
I still stand (although in sensible shoes) beside my contention that podiatrists are salivating over the prospect of additional business owing to the new fad of super-high platform-stiletto heels which, I predict, will last until the first ice-storm of the season.

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 7, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

How about Michael Lohan boxing with his daughter's new girlfriend. I think Sam could take him...

Posted by: Mitchnrva | October 7, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Ahhhhhh, Gerard Butler.

Posted by: petal wonders what the snowmobile did to Madonna to warrant a mention | October 7, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 7, 2008 12:32 PM

God, what a pretentious bore!

Posted by: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz | October 7, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Ahh....nothing like gratuitous Gerard Butler to get one's lunch started properly!

Posted by: Bored @ work | October 7, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

More Cheetos for the Jolie-Pitts! They must be getting paid. If they aren't, they should. You know, for charity.

Posted by: anon forever | October 7, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

God, what a pretentious bore!

Posted by: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz | October 7, 2008 1:14 PM

Great, the troll is asleep. Let's snark!

Posted by: Nosy Parker | October 7, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Hey Nicole! Massive zukes are useless. They're grainy and seedy.

It's funny to watch celebs actlike normal people. They say the dumbest things.

Posted by: Mz Fitz | October 7, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Gerard Butler was the first guest on Leno last night. That man is hilarious! (I mean GB, not JL.) He keeps the conversation going and everybody in stitches. I would definitely wear high heels for that man.

Posted by: B'More Cat and Gerard Lover | October 7, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again: those 5" platform stilletos are the ugliest damn things I've ever seen. Forget practicality, they're just plain hideous.

byoo, as usual, beat everyone to the Inigo Montoya reference. Love it. Although I'm not sure anyone would mistake her for a man!

I don't want to see Michael Lohan box a kangaroo--I'd feel bad for the kangaroo. I like the Tyson idea though.

Dorkus, I think Matt Traynor might have something to say about your offer to aid his wife's recovery. I read somewhere that he was having issues with her surge in fame after the Olympics, her spending time with friend and sports-crush whats-his-name basketball player in Bejing, and then all the intimate practice time with the handsome dance partner on DWTS. Conspiracy theory: he put a voodoo curse out there to cause her withdrawal--now she'll have to come home to Florida and she won't be getting around much with that injury. Ah, marital bliss!

Posted by: hermespal | October 7, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

hermespal, have you ever seen a man box a kangaroo? the 'roo wins every time!

Posted by: methinks | October 7, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Misty's sports-crush whats-his-name basketball player would be Jason Kidd.

Posted by: Old Blue in Exile | October 7, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

the 'roo wins every time!

Posted by: methinks | October 7, 2008 2:19 PM

As it should be. Anyone dumb enough to box a kangaroo gets what he deserves!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

methinks, I suspected the original comment was because the roo would kick his butt, but I fear for the kangaroo's dignity having to be in the same ring with ML. Which is another reason why the Tyson idea worked for me!

Posted by: hermespal | October 7, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Old Blue, it was on the tip of my brain. Doesn't she have a JK tattoo or something?

Posted by: hermespal | October 7, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Anyone dumb enough to box a kangaroo gets what he deserves!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 2:23 PM

*****

I thought it wasth a giant mousthe!

Posted by: Thylvesthter. | October 7, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Looks like Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Kimmel are back together

Posted by: Breaking News | October 7, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Anyone dumb enough to box a kangaroo gets what he deserves!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 2:23 PM

*****

I thought it wasth a giant mousthe!

Posted by: Thylvesthter. | October 7, 2008 2:38 PM
__________

tee-hee

Posted by: methinks | October 7, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

I thought it wasth a giant mousthe!

Posted by: Thylvesthter. | October 7, 2008 2:38 PM

Which is preferable to a giant mouth.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Anyone dumb enough to box a kangaroo gets what he deserves!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 2:23 PM

*****

I thought it wasth a giant mousthe!

Posted by: Thylvesthter. | October 7, 2008 2:38 PM
__________

tee-hee

Posted by: methinks | October 7, 2008 2:43 PM

Land o' Goshen! Will these cows ever shut up?

Posted by: Booooring | October 7, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Land o' Goshen! Will these cows ever shut up?

Posted by: Booooring | October 7, 2008 2:49 PM

Go back to sleep, troll.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Land o' Goshen! Will these cows ever shut up?

Posted by: Booooring | October 7, 2008 2:49 PM

Go back to sleep, troll.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 2:52 PM

One more byoolin post will do it....do you folks read what you post here?? Are you this dull & socially awkward in person?

Oh, and come up with something a little more clever than "troll". Cow.

Posted by: Sheesh | October 7, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Sheesh, if you don't like it, why the hell are you here? Are you just a natural spoiler, wrecking for the joy of it? What kind of posts would be satisfactory to you? Or is it your goal to kill the board all together?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Or is it your goal to kill the board all together?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 3:06 PM

That's how I get my rocks off.

Posted by: Sheesh | October 7, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and come up with something a little more clever than "troll". Cow.

Posted by: Sheesh | October 7, 2008 2:58 PM

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Definition of Troll...you troll

"One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."

Posted by: to Sheesh and any other troll that wants to know why we call you troll | October 7, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and come up with something a little more clever than "troll". Cow.

Posted by: Sheesh | October 7, 2008 2:58 PM

OK, trog, now that we know how you really feel, go bother someone who cares.

Posted by: schnitz | October 7, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

I liked the font pictures of celebs (and Charlie Chaplin is now the wallpaper on my computer--thanks) but I don't think Marilyn Monroe deserves a giant P for a leg.

Posted by: Ame | October 7, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Why am I wondering what Gemma Arterton would look like flipping a six-fingered finger to a pap? Betcha that Answer Beyotch would ante up big money for such a shot.

Posted by: Sasquatch | October 7, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: B'More Cat and Gerard Lover | October 7, 2008 2:10 PM

Shooot-I'd wear high heels and nothing else for that man...
Also how is it that he and that other piece of hot man candy,Idris Elba are in one movie? Screens showing the movie will probably combust from their double dose of hotness. I already deem "Rocknrolla" a must see film even though Guy Ritchie is the director.

Posted by: plamar1031, still married, but still willing to kick it w/G. Butler or I. Elba or both | October 7, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

This blog is getting painful to read.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

This blog is getting painful to read.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 3:58 PM

The most painful part is the whining of the troll(s).

Posted by: Anonymous | October 7, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back Sasquatch. Thought for sure you'd be baited by the Nicole Kidman quote.

Posted by: fellow lounge lizard | October 7, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Tink you veddy mooch, fellow lounge lizard. I was tempted by the Nicole Kidman story, then noticed that other contributors had already taken Nicole to the Snark Tank.

I was about to submit to the snark, then I remembered the words of Nancy Reagan:

"Just say 'No' to the zucchini."

Posted by: Sasquatch says "No" to the zucchini | October 7, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

"petal wonders what the snowmobile did to Madonna to warrant a mention"

-----------------------------------------
Madonna mistook it for a snow blower and was frustrated when she got no satisfaction.

Posted by: Sasquatch has Mick Jagger in his head | October 7, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Esquire names Halle Berry 'sexiest woman alive'

Posted by: PSA | October 7, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Esquire names Halle Berry 'sexiest woman alive'

Posted by: PSA | October 7, 2008 4:56 PM

All the lizards mysteriously vanished in the wake of this post.

Posted by: coincidence? | October 7, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse