Posted at 10:42 AM ET, 11/25/2008

Creative Captioning: Ripa's Santa Reaction

By Liz Kelly

By now you know the drill. I post a picture with humor potential and you, dear readers, provide the humor. Today's subject is the sweetheart of morning talk TV, Kelly Ripa, who had an interesting encounter with Santa Claus on Monday at New York's Cartier store:

(EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images)

What, I wonder, has Santa done to prompt such a spirited response from the diminutive dynamo? You tell me. The best of the best will be highlighted on Monday here in the blog and the very tippy top wit will be treated with all deference accorded to an Official Celebritology Captionologist. Remember, keep it clean. Santa doesn't like naughty.

By Liz Kelly  | November 25, 2008; 10:42 AM ET
Categories:  Creative Captioning
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Amy Winehouse Back in Hospital
Next: Morning Mix: Aniston is Top Fantasy Thanksgiving Dinner Guest

Comments

Keep it CLEAN?

[byoolin crumples up a sheet containing six golden - GOLDEN, I tells ya! - captions and walks away, muttering.]

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 25, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

"REEEEEEGE! REEEEEEEGE! I found a substitute for Ryan Seacrest! And I know EXACTLY where his hands have been!"

...I'm going to hell, aren't I.

Posted by: Bawlmer | November 25, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Kelly Ripa rethinks her plastic surgery decisions after Santa mistakes her for Kathy Lee.

Posted by: eet7e | November 25, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

"But I want a PONY!"

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Whoa, Santa, that better be a candy cane in your pocket!

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 25, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Because Kelly won't take no for an answer, Santa opens a new account at TD Bank.

Santa, did you hear me? I SAID I NEED SOME MORE NEW ELECTROLUX APPLIANCES!

Yes, Kelly, there is a Santa Claus.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 25, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Mark, I can't believe you just plopped me on top of that Salvation Army bucket. Just wait 'til we get home, mister!

Bad Santa. Bad Bad BAD Santa!

Santa, let's talk about those split ends. Fortunately for you, I use Tressant Supreme. Great conditioning, and just a touch of crack cocaine to get me through the day! [Apologies to SNL]

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 25, 2008 11:23 AM | Report abuse

"Ha! Regis! Told ya Santa would forgive me for "Hope and Faith!""

Posted by: hodie | November 25, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Here Santa, discussing the Killers new track on Regis, explains to Kelly that she is Human and not Dancer... Dancer is a reindeer.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | November 25, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Santa, help! Clay Aiken is trying to cover my mouth. Stop him, ya big red lug!

Whoa, Reege, I had the scariest dream. I was Hayley Vaughan and back on the "All My Children" set sucking up to Susan Lucci during December.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 25, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Santa just told her he was not bringing her another endorsement contract this year.

Posted by: epjd | November 25, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

He said I'm getting a Goose for Christmas!

Posted by: anitavacation | November 25, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

I SAID you're coming with me! I've got too many kids to buy for, and need the help!

Posted by: lydandy | November 25, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Outraged, Kelly says "That is not what I meant, Santa, when I said I wanted to see the North Pole!".

(Sorry Liz--guess I'm on the naughty list, and if Nick Lachey is Santa, he's alright with that.)

Posted by: hodie | November 25, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Is that the North Pole, or are you just happy to see me?

Posted by: RightWinger1 | November 25, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Ripa: Snow? That is not the white powder that powers MY sleigh!

or

Ripa recoils from what she fears most: wrinkles.

Posted by: sjcpeach | November 25, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

OR

"Santa I have to ask, how do manage to make the toys, visit a billion homes in one night and still make time for Mrs Claus? Because I gotta tell you I'm about to go postal on Regis!"

Posted by: sjcpeach | November 25, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

So apparently I can't tell the difference between Ryan Seacrest and Clay Aiken. Sigh. Caption corrected and re-submitted:

"REEEEEEGE! REEEEEEEGE! I found a substitute for Clay Aiken! And I know EXACTLY where his hands have been!"

Posted by: Bawlmer | November 25, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Kelly's expression gives new meaning to the term "stocking stuffer."

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 25, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I need a little Christmas RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE!

Do you hear what I hear?!

All I want for Christmas is my two front caps.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 25, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

(Bawlmer, you inspired me -- anyway, you were probably safe with Ryan, too, I'd imagine. But since we're amending earlier comments:)

All I want for Christmas ARE my two front caps.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 25, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

It's amazing what some people will do for a Cartier watch.

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 25, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

"Hey! He said I could have the pony and the dream house, but not the anchor slot on the Evening News!"

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | November 25, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Kelly sings out, "Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus right down Santa Claus Lane . . . "

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 25, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Kelly Ripa, inspired by the insouciantly GOOPy Gwyneth, decides to ask her own sage about the meaning of Christmas.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 25, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

For the last time, I did NOT eat Rudolph! You don't see any reindeer hair in my teeth, do you?!

Posted by: aallen1 | November 25, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Kelly Ripa spots Madonna's plastic surgeon across the room and suddenly realizes Santa can't give her what she wants for Christmas.

Posted by: 44west | November 25, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Kelly says, 'Move over Reege, there's a new Big Daddy in town.'

Posted by: jes11 | November 25, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

What garbage breath you have dear Santa! How naughty of you!!!

Posted by: snb290 | November 25, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Hey Reeg! How does the Kelly and Regis show sound to ya?! I'm on the nice list.

Posted by: hodie | November 25, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Gasp! Santa, I'm not sure "straddle" is the way I'm supposed to sit on your lap! Hey! Regis! He wants me to do our backstage warm up ... are you OK with that?!?

... and then I was on the naughty list ;)

Posted by: flutterbyjen | November 25, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Kelly Ripa helps Santa decide whether she should be on the naughty or nice list.

(flutterbyjen started it)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Aaah! He's trying to make me ingest FOOD! With CALORIES!

Posted by: jaybbub | November 25, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Oh my Santa. Hearing about Electrolux appliances sure makes you excited.

Posted by: buffysummers | November 25, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

"Oh my god! He's giving me free spray-on tan for a whole year!!"

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 25, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Oh my god! He's giving me free spray-on tan for a whole year!!"

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 25, 2008 1:34 PM

My current favorite. Great job possum. I was gonna say, she needs it. Appears she doesn't go past the chin with her bronzer.

Posted by: hodie | November 25, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Kelly, there really is a Santa Clause and right now it looks like he is groping your backside.

Posted by: kvs09 | November 25, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Steven Spielberg (left) holds auditions for JAWS: The Musical.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 25, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

"You got a real pretty mouth on you, girl! Why, that's the prettiest mouth I've seen since that city slicker Ned Beatty down by the Cahulawassee River."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 25, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

"Reege, does this pose make my mouth look big?"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 25, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Santa:
She's going to bite me, isn't she?

Posted by: dablues1 | November 25, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Kelly reacts poorly to the crowd's booing after asking a visibly thinner Claus if he is suffering from Santanorexia

Posted by: justsaying3 | November 25, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes, don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes, don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes, don't...oh, hell.

Posted by: Ted_Striker | November 25, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

I'll be home for Grabassmas....

(Why does Kelly inspire me so? Maybe because I am still insanely jealous about all that making out with Chris Lawford on AMC)

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 25, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

What? Reege asked you to make him the ONLY HOST OF THE SHOW????

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 25, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

I need an ADULT!!!

Posted by: marza | November 25, 2008 8:47 PM | Report abuse

I'll do anything, ANYTHING, for better ratings...

Posted by: cbl-pdx | November 25, 2008 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Would you kids shut up and wait your turn...

Santa's not done yet!

Posted by: brutal | November 26, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Neigh, Santa, Neigh! I'm not Camilla Parker Bowles!

Posted by: doobrah | November 26, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse