Posted at 12:00 PM ET, 11/21/2008

Friday List: Your Top 5 Celebrity Crushes

By Liz Kelly

Jon Hamm as 'Mad Men's' Don Draper. (AP)
Friday List

Somehow my Thursday afternoon chat sessions always devolve into a hot or not showdown -- complete with gushing missives about Hollywood hotties, indignant defenses of maligned objects of affection and far too many links to stars wearing far too little clothing.

Mea culpa, I suppose. There's no one guiltier than I of posting a Daniel Craig pic or two. What can I say? I'm only human. But, in the spirit of Thanksgiving -- which quickly approaches -- I turn over the Friday List construct to listing our celebrity top 5s. Because if we can't be thankful for a little harmless fantasizing, how can we possibly get excited over lukewarm turkey and lumpy gravy?

So without further preamble: Share your top five of celebrity crushes below. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. I won't be forwarding these on to your significant other or pointing and laughing. So, go ahead, indulge. Let us know who gets you going. I'll start (caveat -- mine changes often. I'm fickle.):

1. Jon Hamm
2. Alec Baldwin
3. Clive Owen
4. Anthony Kiedis
5. Billy Crudup

(Russell Crowe recently dropped off. Moment of silence.)

And if anyone wants to make some kind of crack about me having a type, have at it. I'll just say that Mr. Liz is a white guy with brown hair. Ahem. Sosumi.

By Liz Kelly  | November 21, 2008; 12:00 PM ET
Categories:  Friday Lists
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Ashlee Simpson Finally Gives Birth
Next: Morning Mix: Amy Winehouse Says She's Headed for Divorce

Comments

I haven't posted in a while so I'll bite.

1. Jon Stewart
2. Rachael Maddow (intellectually only)
3. Damian Lewis (it was something about his Benedict in Much Ado About Nothing)
4. John Legend

These days:
1. Nathaniel Parker
2. Daniel Craig
3. George Clooney
4. Anthony LaPaglia
5. Pierce Brosnan

Johnny Depp visits periodically, but lately he's just too weird. Sean Connery definitely isn't aging gracefully.

And yeah, I'm old.

Posted by: dablues1 | November 21, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

1. Penelope Cruz
2. Michelle Rodriguez (yeah, I know)
3. JLo
4. Eva Longoria
5. Sofia Loren (I don't care HOW old she is, she's still hott)

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 21, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Okay, I'm game...

1. Will Smith
2. Tim Tebow (does he count as a celebrity? I think maybe...)
3. Rob Lowe (who in my mind actually IS Sam from West Wing)
4. Patrick Dempsey (and NOT b/c of Grey's)
5. Johnny Depp

Honorable Mention: George Clooney (I know, so cliche, but you gotta love the play boy in him)

Posted by: boredinbham | November 21, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Celine Dion.
Dane Cook.
Loverboy.
Andy Dick.
Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

I still haven't quite decided how I'd like to crush them, though.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 21, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

I'm gonna have to agree with

Clive Owen
Daniel Craig

to round out the list:

Ray Stevenson (LOVED him in "Rome")
Laurence Fishburne
Nathan Fillion

And I gotta say - ever since HIMYM and Dr. Horrible, I'm not exactly crushing, but let's say giddy about Neil Patrick Harris. Who knew Doogie was that funny?

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | November 21, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

In no particular order:

1. Stephen Colbert
2. Sean Connery
3. Louis Gossett, Jr
4. Bruce Springsteen
5. Hugh Laurie

Sosumi

Regards,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 21, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

dablues1, I second your Nathaniel Parker (Inspector Lynley) nomination as an inspired choice.

Tom Hanks: smart, hard-working, not prone to inane utterances in public.

Donald Sutherland: love his hair in DSM, and goodness knows the man can chew scenery.

Mark Harmon: seems like a solid citizen, responsible.

And that old reliable standby, Robert Redford, although I wish he hadn't had his eyelids done.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

1. Stephen Colbert (don't know why except the guy has eyes like a rabid squirrel on crack)
2. Mr. Rimmer from Red Dwarf when he has no shirt on (this is really embarrassing)
3. Captain Wentworth (can't help myself)
4. Barack Obama (this feels wrong, almost incestuous. Probably the appointment of Hillary as Sec'y of State will help me get over it.)
5. OK, 'fess up. We all have a crush on the vampire, Cedric Diggory guy, even though young enough to be son.

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 21, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Jon Stewart
John Krasinski
Johnny Depp (pattern forming?)
Justin Long
Thomas Cavanagh
Secret extra crush: Patrick Stewart

Posted by: chiquita2 | November 21, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

And if any of the above is unavailable, I also heart Don Cheadle (never underestimate the sexiness of a social conscience)!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

1. Ryan Gosling
2. Christian Bale
3. Jeffrey Dean Morgan
4. TBD
5. TBD

Posted by: SugarMagnolia22 | November 21, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Possum, "eyes like a rabid squirrel on crack" HAS to be the comment of the week!!

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 21, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

In no particular order:

Ralph Fiennes
John Krasinski
Milo Ventimiglia
Anthony Kiedis (without Liz, I may have never admitted it)
Derek Jeter (probably shouldn't admit it)

Posted by: eet7e | November 21, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

1. George Clooney
2. Patrick Swayze
3. Jon Bon Jovi
4. Kurt Russell (The "Overboard" Era)
5. George Clooney - oh wait did I say him twice???

Is it pathetic that I am early 30's and noone on my list is younger than 45????

Posted by: LBH219 | November 21, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Oh!

4. Hugh Laurie

Posted by: SugarMagnolia22 | November 21, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

No particular order:

Iaon Gruffyd
Johnathan Frakes
Rob Morrow
Cris Meloni
Simon Baker

I think there is a commonality there (uniforms?).

Posted by: epjd | November 21, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and you can add Christian Bale, but from Little Women days, not Batman.

Posted by: eet7e | November 21, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Notice that not a single Lizard of the X-Y chromosomal persuasion is participating.

Those of us who are not going to the Cheetah Club will be at the Tikki Bar watching video poker, Ladies.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 21, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

possum, here ya go:

Stoke me clipper, I'll be back for Christmas. (Yeah, I know...)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 21, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

For a DC connection, could I also add Placido Domingo? He may serenade me any time!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

(byoolin: Loverboy?! No wonder you liked my Mike Reno headband caption.)

My list:
1. Diane Lane
2. Robin Wright Penn
3. Penelope Cruz
4. Heather Locklear
5. Izabella Scorupco

Honorable mentions: Elizabeth Perkins, Michelle Pfeiffer, Laura San Giacomo

Sas: I'm only posting to give reddragon1 some company on the guys' side of the aisle (and to challenge him to a duel for Penelope Cruz).

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 21, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Oh! I want to play too, but I would rather pick my crushes as their fictional characters... It's more fun for me that way, sosumi

Jim from the Office (not MY office...ew)
Saywer from (do I even have to say it?)
Dr. Gregory House (attitude and all)
Michael Vaughn (Alias)
Mike Rowe (not a character... but YUMMY!)

Posted by: Osteph | November 21, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

5. Bradley Cooper

Posted by: SugarMagnolia22 | November 21, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

1. George Clooney
2. Chris Isaak
3. Daniel Craig
4. Alec Baldwin
5. Simon Baker
6. Clive Owen

Uh-oh. 6? When did that happen?
6 it is.

Posted by: shinystuff | November 21, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Alright, I guess I should give my list, here goes:

1. Scarlet Johansson (Are we surprised)
2. Rosario Dawson (She likes nerdy things)
3. Danica McKellar (because who does loves a women with her own mathematics theorem)
4. Mary Louise-Parker (had a crush on her since the West Wing)
5. Sarah Shahi (Maybe the best reason to watch Life)

And the honorable mentions:

1. Keira Knightley
2. Kate Beckinsale
3. Rachel Weisz
4. Sienna Miller

There may be a theme going on with the honorable mentions.

By the way, ep, is that Jonathan Frakes with or with out the beard?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 21, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Ew, Dr. House is such a tool. If I were picking fictional characters, I'd choose Detective Adam Dalgliesh (who needs my tender arms for consoling). For the same reason, as dablues1 pointed out above, Inspector Lynley. And NCIS's Dr. Ducky Mallard (or the actor, David McCallum). Goodness, I've waaaay exceeded my limit of 5 this afternoon!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

1. George Clooney
2. Mike Rowe
3. Matthew Fox
4. Joe Perry (of Aerosmith)
5. Heidi Klum (because I'm an equal opportunity crusher.

Posted by: jes11 | November 21, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

1. James Spader
2. Dylan McDermott
3. Cesar Millan
4. Andrew Dan-Jumbo
5. Denis Leary

also Girl crushes:
1. Ellen DeGeneres
2. Tina Fey
3. Kate Gosselin

How's that for variety?

Posted by: cjbriggs | November 21, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Seeing as how my wife already posted, I may as well join in. (Hi babe!)

In no particular order:
Scarlett Johansson
Stacy Keibler
Kari Byron (of Mythbusters fame)
Liz Hurley
Jennifer Love Hewit

(to my sweety... House?!? Really?)

Posted by: cgriesba | November 21, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

ooohhhh sigh... so hard to choose

5. Hugh Jackman
4. Daniel Craig
3. Viggo Mortensen
2. - I can't pick a number 2 because no one even comes close to... the finale that will shock no one...

1. Fabio Cannavaro

Of course I did come the the conclusion the other day that I firmly believe that my boyfriend is actually hotter than them all..

(this was followed by a little 'stirring the soup pot' happy dance performed while standing over the keyboard and staring at the monitor and humming lucky me lucky me)...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 21, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

John Stewart
Daniel Craig
The Boss
Anthony Bourdain
Padma Lakshmi

In no particular order.

Posted by: MzFitz | November 21, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Excellent point, LTL. Mr. P will always be MY #1 hottie. But I share your passion for "football" (soccer) players.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

1. Hugh Jackman
2. Colin Firth (how is he not on here yet? Where are the Firth-ites?)
3. Bono (i have no idea why, maybe because he's been with the same woman longer than i've been alive.)
4. the vampire/harry potter kid in the twilight movies. yes, it looks like he needs a cheeseburger and a tan but there's something about that poofy hair.....
5. sasquatchbigfoot, cause he's snuggly.

Posted by: melissamac1 | November 21, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

In no particular order:
Daniel Craig
Johnny Depp
Simon Baker
James McAvoy
Viggo Mortensen

Posted by: skyblu | November 21, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

1. Viggo Mortensen -- a poet, a publisher, a horseman, an actor, a pacifist, a man.
2. Nathan Fillion -- Captain Mal. Enough said.
3. Clive Owen -- he can play anyone and still exude sex appeal.
4. Kevin McKidd -- hottest thing in Roman togs since Richard Burton and now he's sizzling on Grey's Anatomy.
5. Daniel Craig -- even before the Bond series, this pouty-mouthed actor made my day.

Posted by: scandibaby | November 21, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey, if we can have musicians, Joe Walsh moves to the top of my list.

I'm a pushover for gifted crazies.

On any given day, some of the other posts here would fit on my list, too. So many hotties, so little time.....

Posted by: dablues1 | November 21, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

1. Damian Lewis
2. Nathaniel Parker
3. Cary Grant
4. Jon Hamm
5. Goran Visnjic

Posted by: pras40 | November 21, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Jezzus H Keerist, WTF are all the bartenders??!?!? Probably compiling kitchen lists back in the kitchen......

I'm going to wait 2 more minutes, then I'll go behind the Tikki Bar and fix my own FREE drinks.

And not even any Jack Links to snack on.....

$^$%&^%(&(*#%^

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 21, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Top five:
Ani DiFranco
Angelina Jolie
Valentino Rossi
Nicky Hayden
Kate Moennig (OMG...)

Vying for a crack at the top tier:
Rachel Maddow
Johnny Depp
Jake Gyllenhaal
Erin McKeown

Posted by: firehat | November 21, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

1. I have to say Neil Patrick Harris because I am married to his clone. (his nickname was also Doogie all through medschool).
2. Pierce Brosnan (sigh)
3. Dave Matthews ( based only on his sexy voice, know next to nothing about him but would like him better if he didn't smoke)
4. Phil Keoghan from Amazing Race (love it when he raises one eyebrow!)
5. Stephen Colbert (how can you not love someone who loves oneself so much!)

Honorable mentions to House and George Clooney

Posted by: hodie | November 21, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

hodie, a straight NPH? How lucky can one gal get???

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Oh my goodness, so many, WHERE do I begin? In no particular order:

George Clooney
Viggo Mortensen
Daniel Craig
Jon Hamm
Robert Downey Jr.

If we're accepting dead celebrities, I will also add Cary Grant, Paul Newman and Jeff Buckley.

And if we're accepting same-sex crushes, I will add Eva Green and Christine Hendricks.

Posted by: kleewrite | November 21, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Wait, I forgot Stewart and Colbert! Like I said, so many...

Posted by: kleewrite | November 21, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Mostly the same as others:

1. Rachel Weisz - especially with the accent
2. Danica McKellar - agreed, she has a math theorem
3. Diane Lane - ever since The Outsiders
4. Kari Byron - if you can handle the Mythbusters, you can handle anything.
5. Amy Wynn Pastor - the first carpenter from Trading Spaces

Posted by: GriffburgHokie | November 21, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

I agree with some of these other names on the list (Hugh Laurie--aka House, Pierce Brosnan, Sean Connery back in the day), but am saddened to see no one else has said DENZEL WASHINGTON. Now that is a good looking man. I would also add to my list Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Figo.

But Daniel Craig, seriously? I just don't see it...

Posted by: intgirl | November 21, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

in no order:

mariska hargitay
megan fox
salma hayek
minka kelly
alana de le garza
milena govich

and nora jones, oh golly norah jones

what can i say, i like brunettes...and law and order

Posted by: the_nap | November 21, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

1. Johnny Depp
2. George Clooney
3. Robert Downey Jr.
4. Craig Ferguson
5. John Simm and David Tennant (tie they are both so lovely)

Honorable Mention: Hugh Laurie and John Cleese

Super Secret Crush: Billy Bob Thorton (I have been unable to explain that one to myself for years now)

Posted by: RedKell | November 21, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

5. Mike Rowe (hard work is sexy)
4. Stephen Colbert (Ha ha ha! Voice acting.)
3. Robert Downey Jr (because self-redemption is beautiful)
2. Hugh Jackman (He sings! He dances! He embraces his nerd fanbase!)
1. George Clooney, that charming, intelligent bastard. (Surprise, surprise.)

Honorable mentions go out to Hugh Laurie and Jon Stewart.

(And looking at my choices...hmm...what's the opposite of a cougar?)

Posted by: Bawlmer | November 21, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

hmmm. No particular order here. funny, none are even close to my age!
Matt Damon
Josh Lucas
Ryan Gostling
Tom Welling
and guy who plays Tony on NCIS!

Posted by: Bren21157 | November 21, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

(And looking at my choices...hmm...what's the opposite of a cougar?)

Posted by: Bawlmer | November 21, 2008 2:05 PM

-------

uhh, the opposite of a cougar is just a college age girl. ;-)

Posted by: cgriesba | November 21, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Also, Matt Damon and Taylor Kitsch from Friday Night Lights (a little young, but beautiful!).

Posted by: kleewrite | November 21, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Stephen Colbert
Russ Feingold
Anthony Howell
Michael Kitchen
Anthony LaPaglia

Yummy.

-The Poster Formerly Known As Snarky Squirrel

Posted by: 7900rmc | November 21, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

I almost gagged on the Mike Rowe is yummy comment. I hope you mean after he has bathed. LOL. But yes, he does clean up nice.

Posted by: hodie | November 21, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, yes I have a straight NPH but he has the disposition of House not Doogie. He actually has a plaque on his desk that says "ask me if I give a s#!t".

Posted by: hodie | November 21, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

In no particular order:
Angelina Jolie
Scarlett Johansson
Salma Hayek
Jennifer Lopez
Megan Fox

Posted by: fft5305 | November 21, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Keeping the list down to 5 was a trial.

Don Cheedle (he's a classic)
Hugh Jackman (that clip from Australia did me in)
Seth Myers (it's the comedy)
Jason Momoa (droool)
Simon Baker (the eyes and the smile)

Posted by: petalceleb | November 21, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Such a lively diversion for a Friday afternoon....

5. Denis Leary
4. Nathan Fillion
3. Dominic West
2. Daniel Craig
1. Alexander Skarsgard (run...don't walk...to buy the "Generation Kill" DVDs and drool over some shirtless Alexander)

Posted by: Modwop | November 21, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I think I have a couple that no one else has mentioned, which I find Shocking!

1. Christian Bale - I've had a crush on him since Newsies!
2. Taye Diggs
3. Hugh Jackman
4. Blair Underwood
5. Michael Vartan

Posted by: aludholtz | November 21, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I gotta say, my top 5:

1. George Clooney (always and forever!)
2. John Krasinski (love me some Jim)
3. Jon Hamm
4. Stephen Colbert
5. Hugh Jackman (that body, wow)

Posted by: Whatever11 | November 21, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Don't hate on the House. I see there are others who join in my crush...

Posted by: Osteph | November 21, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

I would've put Megan Fox in my list, but I just haven't seen enough of her yet.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 21, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

"Amy Wynn Pastor - the first carpenter from Trading Spaces"
--GriffburgHokie

GOOD CHOICE! I'd forgotten all about her.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 21, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Oooh I forgot Nathan Fillion (although I remember him as little Joey on OLTL, so there is a bit of a creep factor there) and Phil. He can welcome me anywhere, as long as he doesn't tell me I have been eliminated.

Dorkus, I will take Frakes anyway I can get it. Not a big beard person, but it works on him.

I am the only one to mention Ioan Gruffyd, so he is mine, all mine.

Posted by: epjd | November 21, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

1. George Clooney
2. Russell Crowe (Liz, I was 10 feet from him at a concert here in LA and he *oozes* testosterone--you might want to re-consider!)
3. Hugh Jackman
4. Kevin McKidd
5. John Stewart

Posted by: TheNorthWing | November 21, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Osteph, I think Hugh Laurie is plenty attractive. It's just the House character devoid of inner beauty that leaves me freeze-dried.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

1. Eric Bana
2. Josh Holloway
3. Jonathan Rhys Meyers
4. Collin Ferrel
5. Brad Pitt

Posted by: skitch00 | November 21, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Point taken Nosy. But I still stick with it...

Posted by: Osteph | November 21, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Aw, Osteph, just think of me as one less competitor :-) I notice no one else has yet claimed Placido Domingo, so I infer he's mine, ALL MINE!!! Another Washingtonian (now) I overlooked is Jason Taylor.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Mike Rowe (nuff said)
John Hamm (sexy AND funny!)
Clive Owen (sexy in everything)
Robert Downey Jr. (the guy is sooooo intense in public I can only imagine...)
Kevin McKidd (after last night's episode of Grey's)

I would only put them in order if I knew which ones I'd be most likely to actually meet one day.

Posted by: duhneese | November 21, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

In no particular order:
Colin Farrell
The entire cast of Lord of the Rings, male and female
Nathaniel Parker
Michelle Rodriguez
Clive Owen

Posted by: northgs | November 21, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

1) Aya Hirano (might not be espers and time travelling combat waitresses, but i promise it'd be an interesting weekend)

2) Mira Sorvino (magna cum laude from Harvard in Chinese? hell yes...)

3) Christina Applegate (down to earth, zen, and funny)

4) Lacey Chabert (she's old enough now i dont feel guilty about this one... but i used to)

5) Julia Louis-Dreyfus (funny, hot, and could purchase the Washington Post out of her petty cash account)

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | November 21, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Great Friday question

Viggo Mortensen
Christian Bale
John Cho
James McAvoy
Josh Holloway

Leonardo DiCaprio would be an honorable mention

Posted by: Jwesterk | November 21, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

I would like to also second the same-sex crush on Heidi Klum...

Posted by: Osteph | November 21, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of Viggo Mortensen, has anyone seen "Apaloosa" yet?

Yr obt svt,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 21, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

George Clooney
Carter Oosterhouse (HGTV; formerly of Trading Spaces)
Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters)
Enrique Murciano (Without a Trace)
Denzel Washington

Honorable mentions:
Hugh Jackman
Don Cheadle
Paul Newman
Will Smith (looks/body only, no Scientology please)

Girl crush:
Michelle Obama

Posted by: clw2 | November 21, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Northgs

Yay! Someone else who gets Michelle Rodriguez! Salma Hayek also belongs on my list, so maybe Sophia will have to go. No prob, after all, it's been 3 hr.

Also, just because I need a place to post this, Jen Chaney, in her vampire chat, said re the best actor Oscar, "And don't count out Mickey Rourke either."

C'mon, Mickey Rourke is skeevy. He has ALWAYS been skeevy. Now he is OLD and skeevy.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 21, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

I would've put Megan Fox in my list, but I just haven't seen enough of her yet.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 21, 2008 2:37 PM

****

Thanks, Dorkus. Now that line from The Vapors' song "Turning Japanese" keeps playing in my head.

"I want the doctor/
to take your picture/
so I can look at you from inside as well."

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 21, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Must add Hill Harper to the list...

Posted by: clw2 | November 21, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

No particular order...

1. Dorkus
2. Byoolin
3. Nosey Parker
4. Curmudgeon
5. Sasquatch

you all make me laugh at work when i need it. thanks for that.

Posted by: jcm4 | November 21, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

jcm4, your taste is impeccable! I return the compliment manifold.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

"(never underestimate the sexiness of a social conscience)!"

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 12:28 PM
------------------------------------------
Or of intellect...

Posted by: clw2 | November 21, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheNorthWing | November 21, 2008 2:43 PM

I don't know if you really want to be that close to anyone who *oozes* anything.

Posted by: jes11 | November 21, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

jcm4, ahh shucks...

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 21, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

This was very difficult for me (to narrow the list down), but here are my top five (in no particular order) and some alternates from the world of sports:

Gerard Butler
Oded Fehr
Daniel Craig
Sam Elliott
Sean Bean

Alternates are:

Ronan O'Gara (fly half for Ireland's rugby team)
Alexander Popov (swimmer)

Yum.

Posted by: BMore_Cat_Lover1 | November 21, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

This is in no particular order:

Johnny Depp
Christian Bale
Stephen Colbert
David Duchovny
Hugh Laurie

I just realized that none of these men are within 15 years of my age. This list is more men I wish I could exchange witty banter with than true crushes, I think. At least, that's what I'll keep telling myself to justify the presence of David Duchovny...

Posted by: jfphile | November 21, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

1. Christian Bale

2. Euan McGregor (can't believe I'm the first for him

3. Josh Ritter (maybe not famous enough, but it's my list

4. George Clooney

5. Harrison Ford (a little on the senior side, but I will always have a crush on Indianna Jones

Posted by: Lalalu | November 21, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Five? Yikes. Too hard.

No order:

Hugh Jackman
Viggo Mortensen
Johnny Depp
Shemar Moore (Criminal Minds)
Gary Oldman

Honorables: James McAvoy, Clive Owen, Robert Downey Jr, Gerard Butler, Colin Firth and Dominic West

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 21, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

1. Anne Hathaway: A good sense of humor and man has she grown up well since Princess Diaries
2. Natalie Portman: I could spend many a long night closing restaurants discussing intellectual pursuits with her and she's Jewish too!
3. Rebecca Hall: Vicky from Vicky Christina Barcelona
4. Kiera Knightly: I still see exactly why Mark had a crush on her in Love Actually
5. Nicole Kidman: Moulin Rouge anyone?

Man crushes:
1. Ewen McGregor: Obi-wan!!!
2. Daniel Craig
3. Collin Firth: Thanks to the GF for solidifying this one by refusing to turn off Pride and Prejudice or either of the Bridget Jones movies whenever they come on TV
4. Heath Ledger
5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Posted by: ThatGuy1 | November 21, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Oooh, Oded Fehr--good one BMoreCat. Add him to my honorables, please!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 21, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

kleewrite suggests considering dead celebrities, in which event I'd add native-Washingtonian Duke Ellington, bossa nova king Tom Jobim and David Niven (the epitome of debonair).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

To jcm4:

I'm blushing here.

Smooches,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 21, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Also Katarina Witt. She may no longer qualify as a celeb, but she's the only figure skater I can remember with an actual figure.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 21, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

1. Dominic West

2. Colin Firth

3. Josh Charles

4. Hugh Jackman

5. Tim Gunn (I know, he plays for the other team, but I luv him!)

Posted by: Delancey916 | November 21, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Oh shoot, I forgot Timothy Oliphant.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 21, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Colin Firth
John Hamm
Mike Rowe
Stephen Colbert
Nathan Fillion

Special mention: Steve Carell.

Posted by: freeid | November 21, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Talking to a co-worker and she brought up another hottie...

Detective Ed Green from Law and Order (Jesse L. Martin)

Posted by: Osteph | November 21, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

And Josh Duhamel.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 21, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Osteph, I'm so with you on Jesse L. Martin. But had to go hot-detective with Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds (Shemar Moore). It's a tough call though, they're both HAWT.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 21, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

ahem, sorcerers_cat, don't you mean pulchritudinous?

Mention of Jesse L. Martin evokes fond fantasies of his deceased costar, Jerry Orbach.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

In no particular order,
ScarJo, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Kate Beckensale, Diane Lane, Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, and Gabrielle Union.

Ladies a question - Alec Baldwin?? Isn't he about 350 lbs and one of the worst husbands and/or fathers on the planet?

Posted by: Iowahoosier | November 21, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

2) Mira Sorvino (magna cum laude from Harvard in Chinese? hell yes...)

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | November 21, 2008 3:18 PM

Yaaay! She's totally my girl-crush, along with ScarJo, Sara Ramirez (even pre-Callie/Hahn affair), Christina Applegate and Jennifer Aniston.

Posted by: eet7e | November 21, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

jcm4,

Sir/Madam, belly up to the Tikki Bar, and I'll buy ya a round.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 21, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Iowahoosier -

Who said anything about Alec Baldwin?

VTY,

Curmudgeon

BTW, I think maybe Lizard Island needs one of those turkey killers in the Palin video. It sort of reminded me of one of Elias_Howe's better inventions.

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 21, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

If Elias Howe can get that turkey killer to work on telemarketers, I'll buy one.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 21, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Another Washingtonian (now) I overlooked is Jason Taylor.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 3:00 PM

Oh, I totally agree. He's sooo pretty.

Posted by: jes11 | November 21, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Yun-fat Chow. I've been in love since Anna and the King and loved him again in Crouching Tiger.....

Posted by: hodie | November 21, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Today's Sasquatch preferred list:

Jim Beam
Jack Daniels
Captain Morgan
Jose Cuervo
Johnny Walker

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 21, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

1. Jon Hamm
2. Edward Norton
3. Jake Gyllenhal
4. Christian Bale (pre batman)
5. Jon Hamm

Posted by: AnotherLiz | November 21, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Woah, Sas, you really know how to pick 'em.

Hotties, every one.

As ever,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 21, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

1. Jennifer Garner
2. Rachel McAdams/Kristen Bell (tie)
3. Lauren Graham
4. Michelle Monaghan
5. Amy Adams/Anne Hathaway (tie)
Honorable Mention:
Sarah Lancaster; Yvonne Strahovski; Mia Maestro; Claire Danes; Alexis Bledel

Posted by: kbaldwin1 | November 21, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I thought you might prefer girls like Margarita, or Brandy

Posted by: hodie | November 21, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

You need Jose Cuervo-Sauza-Patron to make Margarita.

As for Brandy, Ptooey!!!!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 21, 2008 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Angelica, anyone? (Either the liqueur or Ms. Huston)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Ah... so many men, so little time. Clive Owen. George Clooney. Harry Conick, Jr., & JFK, Jr.,

Posted by: kweenbee | November 21, 2008 6:27 PM | Report abuse

First time I've ever checked in here, though I read Weingarten's chats and whatnot all the time (that's how I know about Liz's stuff). So, without further ado, and in no particular order...

Sara Ramirez
Sandra Oh
Serena Williams
Parminder Nagra
Cheryl Burke

Past crushes included Debi Thomas, Cheryl Miller, Margaret Cho, Surya Bonaly, Kristi Yamaguchi, Dawnn Lewis, Jackee Harry.

Posted by: SportzNut21 | November 21, 2008 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Uh, wow. Been a while since I visited Celebritologyland, but in my former days, before I moved to New Jersey, started grad school and had no time/life, I was known as musicgeek.

I cannot resist a hotness list.

1. Daniel Craig
2. James McAvoy
3. Ewan McGregor
4. Jonathan Rhys-Meyers
5. Christian Bale

Honorable Mention goes to LL Cool J. Seriously, dude looks good. Also Milo Ventimiglia.

In addition to the current list, I have a list of Old Dudes I'd Do after a Few Drinks:

1. Mick Jagger
2. Sting
3. Harrison Ford
4. Al Pacino
5. Mick Jagger (can't be stressed enough)

And a big hell yes to whomever mentioned Josh Charles. Mmmmmm, numnumnum!

Posted by: ras4q | November 21, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Long time listener, first time caller...

okay,

1. Henry Rollins
2. Clive Owen
3. Mos Def /tie/ Wentworth Miller

"If only they liked lady parts..."
4. NPH

Keira Knightly
Jordana Brewster
Jennifer Connolly
Allison Stokke
Indira Varma
Saffron Burrows
and all the other tall thin brunettes of the world, famous or not!

Posted by: johnnycomelately1 | November 21, 2008 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone else notice that no one seems to have picked any of the celeb skanks or stanks (isn't that our decided-upon term for male skank)?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Clive Owen!! The chiseled jaw, the chin cleft... oh the hotttness..

Colin Firth

Alan Rickman

Ioan Gruffudd

Ben Miles

I might say Gerard Butler, but his singing voice put me off him forever.

Posted by: jaxom | November 21, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Mr. P picks Cote de Pablo (NCIS), Cheryl Burke (DWTS) and Halle Berry... and me, of course. The man has great taste, what can I say?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 21, 2008 8:31 PM | Report abuse

epjd,

i didn't see you had claimed Ioan. That means I at least get visitation.

Posted by: jaxom | November 21, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Movie Characters (these actors made me fall in love with these characters):
1) Daniel Day Lewis as Hawkeye in The Last of the Mohicans
2) Alan Rickman as Col. Brandon in Sense & Sensibility
3) Russell Crowe as Bud White in L.A. Confidential
4) Christopher Reeve as Superman in Superman
5) Matthew MacFadyen as Mr. D’Arcy in Pride & Prejudice (yeah, I’m a Jane Austin fan)

Actual Celebrities:
1) Clive Owen
2) Mark Wahlberg
3) Rachel Maddow (I am a heterosexual woman but I think Rachel could make me switch teams)
4) Tiger Woods
5) Matt Damon

Posted by: JLF03 | November 21, 2008 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Okay, this is hard, especially after reading everyone's lists. So many great lists. Here's mine:

1. Daniel Craig - 'cuz, yeah, he's a hottie as Bond.
2. Colin Firth - love him in Bridget Jones Diary.
3. James McAvoy - what a cutie AND he was Mr. Tumis in Chronicles.
4. Gerard Butler
5. Ewan McGregor and/or Robert Downey Jr. (sorry, that's six. Couldn't help myself).

Posted by: MMB42 | November 21, 2008 10:01 PM | Report abuse

in no particular order

1. Bruce Springsteen
2. Johnny Depp
3. George Clooney
4. Richard Gere
5. David Letterman (obviously not because of his hair or good looks -- he's a nice man)

Posted by: mbmuse | November 21, 2008 10:58 PM | Report abuse

Top 10, in no particular order:
Mark Harmon (Jethro Gibbs on NCIS)
Michael Weatherly (Tony DiNozzo on NCIS)
Sean Murray (Tim McGee on NCIS)
Stephen Colbert

Mike Rowe
Daniel Craig
John Cusack
George Clooney

Posted by: RockyMountainHigh | November 22, 2008 12:14 AM | Report abuse

Oooooh! No one has mentioned:

!. Charlie Hunnam. Especially in leather!

As for the rest...

2. Colin Firth
3. James McEvoy
4. Phil Keoghan
5. Kevin McKidd

(back to lurking now)

Posted by: renselaas | November 22, 2008 1:04 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe that no one out there thought of Michael C. Hall! Yes, Dexter is totally psycho, but so sexy at the same time!

Other mentions:
Clive Owen
Hugh Jackman
Christian Bale
Graham Herrell, the QB from Texas Tech, yeah they lost yesterday, and he is not really a celeb, but mmmm....is he somethin cute!

Posted by: VAtoLA | November 23, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

My electic list

Daniel Craig
Christian Bale
Colin Firth (OK, yes, I like an occassionally nerdy vibe)
Robert Pattison (Yes, I am under 30)

Used to be Tom Cruise. But then...not so much.

Posted by: choirgirl04 | November 24, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Based purely on looks:
1. Natalie Portman
2. Anne Hathaway
3. Eliza Dushku
4. Megan Fox
5. Christina Hendricks

With intellect/personality added to the equation:
1. Natalie Portman

6) George Clooney
7) Colin Firth
8) Sean Bean
9) Pierce Brosnan
10) Ewan MacGregor

Posted by: LittleRed1 | November 24, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Must comment because one of my top five ain't here.

5. Nathan Fillion
4. Simon Baker
3. Joshua Jackson - come on, nobody else here thinks he's a hottie? And Fringe is the funniest show on TV
2. Jon Stewart - thank you for getting me through the past 8 years
1. Clearly robbed of the People's title because they're blind, the hottest man alive, Clive Owens.

Posted by: pghbekka | November 24, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

bmsshumacker,
Did you look at Liz's list? #2 is none other then Alec Baldwin.

Plus two other ladies listed Mr. Baldwin as well somewhere above my post. And what a whanker that guy is.

Posted by: Iowahoosier | November 24, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

In no particular order,

- Clive Owen (just...hot)
- Ioan Gruffudd (I just want to look...)
- Nathan Fillion (spaceship captains RULE!)
- NPH (irregahdless!)

And my secret indulgence: Steve from SciFi's "Ghost Hunters". I'm not sure why, but I just love him.

Posted by: undercover_hon | November 24, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I know it isn't Friday (instead,a boring Monday) but I wanted to add some hottie names that aren't here. They aren't my top picks but they do deserve a mention...

1)Karl Urban (I guess part of the LOTR inclusion). But not named specifically
2)David Tennant
3)Nick Cannon
4)Joe Flanigan
5)Ben Browder
6)Sendhil Ramamurthy (What a voice!)

I suppose there's a nerdy Sci-fi trend goin' on here!

Posted by: Berk | November 24, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

1. Gavin Newsome
2. George Clooney
3. Seth McFarlane
4. David Beckham
5. Anderson Cooper (yeah, I know)

With the exception of Becks, I really dig smart guys.

Posted by: MollieKaye | November 24, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Ladies ladies ladies
All of these lists and none contain Javier Bardem?

Posted by: ssg3 | November 24, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

I know this is days past, but I must post mine as I have seen very few crushes I agree with.
In no particular order:
John Rzeznik
young Clint Eastwood
Viggo Mortenson(with long hair only)
James Franco
the obligatory Johnny Depp

Posted by: IrishFox | November 25, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

John Cusack- yummy, smart, and a great blogger
Mike Rowe-yummy, sarcastic, smart and that voice!
Robert Pattinson-I am 37 but this boy is hot, and weird and funny.
Johnny Depp-yummy,smart and weird
Dominic West-bad boy hot!

Posted by: chipsandsalsa | November 26, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse