Posted at 8:10 AM ET, 11/25/2008

Morning Mix: Amy Winehouse Back in Hospital

By Liz Kelly

Beyonce walks the red carpet at Monday's Hollywood premiere of her new movie, 'Cadillac Record.' (Reuters)

Tuesday

Headlines: Amy Winehouse back in hospital... Madonna says she's "sad" about her personal life... Britney Spears heads to Europe to promote upcoming album release, lands on cover of Rolling Stone... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt elope (yet seem to have Us Weekly cameras along for the trip)... Miley Cyrus hired to perform at Houston law firm's holiday party... "SNL" alum Horatio Sanz drops 100 pounds... Rep says Prince was misquoted re: homosexuality in New Yorker article... Jason Lee married Australian girlfriend in July... Suri Cruise doesn't like to wear pants, says dad (but she likes sunglasses)... Exes Heather Locklear and Richie Sambora spending Thanksgiving together... Kim Cattrall poses nude in recreation of Titian painting... Steven Seagal gets his own reality show... SAG asking actors to vote on strike authorization.

Pix: Paris Hilton pours herself into PVC for Pussycat Dolls lounge opening).

Crime Watch: Amy Winehouse's husband loses appeal on assault and obstruction of justice charges... Boy George "beat and handcuffed me" says alleged victim.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears appeared in court to complain about dad's limits (i.e. no clubbing, no Adnan Ghalib)... A-Rod spending Thanksgiving with Madonna, says soon-to-be-ex wife; Rodriguez not interested in Kabbalah.

Chat with Jack: I'm giving Thanks for today's 1 p.m. ET discussion with Alec Baldwin, who may or may not talk about '30 Rock,' his movie career and his recent book about divorce and fatherhood.

---

Mark Your Calendars: Mighty Appetite blogger Kim O'Donnel and I will be on hand Thursday, Dec. 4 from 6 - 8 p.m. for an official meet-and-greet at D.C.'s M Bar at the Renaissance M St Hotel. Come on out. We can't wait to meet you. (Facebookers: Details here.)

By Liz Kelly  | November 25, 2008; 8:10 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: For Stars, It Pays to Marry
Next: Creative Captioning: Ripa's Santa Reaction

Comments

Amy Winehouse is in the hospital? Damn, I had "morgue" in the office pool.

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt elope. Rats. I also had "go to the morgue" in *that* office pool. (Although that was more of a wish than a prediction.)

Miley Cyrus at law firm party: they know that (no matter what her dad thinks) she's too young to pop out of a cake, right?

First time in a long time that we've seen the words "Steven Seagal" and "reality" in the same sentence.

Boy George "beat and handcuffed me": Yes, he really wants to hurt you.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 25, 2008 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Lawfirms don't pull those kinds of shenanigans anymore - they finally caught on that the laws regarding liability do in fact apply to them too. Individual lawyers and the copyroom, though, that's a whole 'nother story!

Posted by: VaLGaL | November 25, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Lets hope we're not reading that same headline about suri cruise 20 years from now.

Posted by: jcm4 | November 25, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

"SNL" alum Horatio Sanz drops 100 pounds...

-Oh I hope it didn't land on his foot.

I didn't think it was possible at this point for Amy Winehouse to have a bad reaction to a medication. What was it a multi-vitamin?

Madonna is divorcing Guy for his "unreasonable behavior", like what? Not buying into all that Kabballah crap?

Can we please just get rid of Heincer now?

"Tom Cruise says his 2-year-old daughter Suri is a complete "girlie girl."

-Ahh, like father, like daughter.

According to the article: "A&E has lured Steven Seagal away from his acting and singing careers to star in a reality show..."

How hard is it to lure someone away from making straight to DVD movies and crappy albums? Quick ask Jessica Simpson.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Yay for Horatio Sanz! He looks great.

aaaaand now I have the following stuck in my head and love to share my misery:

I. I just dieeed in your arms tonight. It must have been something you saaaaid.

Posted by: aesully | November 25, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

"SNL" alum Horatio Sanz drops 100 pounds.

Lookin' good, Horatio, and likely feeling a lot healthier too! But now he'll need to wear a little padding if he stops by SNL to do Bill Richardson cameos. Or, Richardson (whom I find intriguingly handsome and charming already) could just lose some weight as well, to match Sanz.

Exes Heather Locklear and Richie Sambora spending Thanksgiving together.

Well, they didn't divorce their daughter Ava, who's now 11 and deserves to have both parents behaving civilly around her. I hope the presence of Heather's boyfriend Jack Wagner and a few other friends at Thanksgiving dinner doesn't strain the situation too much. Maybe having others around will keep everyone on their best behavior. Oh wait, that didn't always work in my family when I was growing up.

Jason Lee married Australian girlfriend in July.

Ceren Alkac? Is that a Xenu name? Did Scientology honcho David Miscavige not let you announce your marriage till now? Weird bunch.

Rep says Prince was misquoted ("grossly misquoted," according to the rep) on same-sex marriage and abortion.

Yeah, right, it's always the media's fault for reporting when celebs behave bizarrely, or run their mouths before engaging brain sufficiently. Celebs who don't permit reporters to record their comments in the interest of accuracy are just playing a game. Get over yourself, Prince.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 25, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

say what?

Amy's back in the hospitsl?

Owe the predictability!

Yours truly,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 25, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Didn't realize the new phrase for overdose is "bad reaction to medicine"...

And how messed up do you have to be to miss the belt loops on your jeans, Mz Winehouse?

Posted by: Osteph | November 25, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Guy's "unreasonable" behavior is probably simply the fact that he's sick of being married to a workaholic, egomaniac, two-timing religious fanatic control freak who looks like an overcooked turkey drumstick...and probably he's sick of the threesomes as well.

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 25, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

So Paris Hilton turned up for the opening of the Pussycat Dolls lounge in shin guards and wrist braces, but no kneepads or chest protection. Clearly she's not catching (or wasn't that night); does this mean she's a switch-hitter?

Posted by: northgs | November 25, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Suri Cruise doesn't like to wear pants, says dad (but she likes sunglasses)...

Hmmm....with socks? Well....

JUST TAKE THOSE OLD RECORDS OFF THE SHELF. I'LL SIT AND LISTEN TO THEM BY MYSELF. TODAY'S MUSIC AIN'T GOT THE SAME SOUL. NOT LIKE THAT OLD TIME ROCK AND ROLL.

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 25, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Curmudgeon, that was a good one.

This Thanksgiving I'm grateful that I've never heard Steven Segal sing. I hope to be able to say the same for the rest of my years.

Seriously, Heincer is well well well well past their 15 minutes. Fade into obscurity already. Jeez.

Posted by: petalceleb | November 25, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

I really don't want to know what the rest of that tattoo peaking out of Britney's jeans is. Really, I don't. Really, really, really.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 25, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

"Amy Winehouse back in hospital"

In other news,
Dog bites man, water is wet, and David Spade is boinking some hot girl way out of his league.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 25, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

If you read the Miley article she is not performing for the law firm employees. The firm is organizing a charity event for poor children.

Posted by: buffysummers | November 25, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Britney going out on dates with a chaperone in tow. Ex-hubby teaching kids how to swear. Attention Bravo: We have the second season of "Date My Ex!"

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 25, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Would Britney's father adopt Amy Winehouse and use some tough love on her too? Please?

Posted by: doobrah | November 25, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

We are all sad about Madge's personal life. I'm still not taking her off my Arguments for Celibacy list, but I am sad.

At least Steven Seagal is an American, and not one o them furriners.

Better Headline, "Paris Hilton Markets Self as Shrink-wrapped Skank"

Respectfully submit Laila Ali as canditate for Wonder Woman. The caveat would be that she cannot actually kick any other actor's @$$ during the filming...

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 25, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Perfect Item Placement: Steven Seagal gets own reality series, predictably leading ALL OTHER ACTORS EVERYWHERE to think about striking.

Oh Liz, you are good!

And Horatio looks fab.

Posted by: jaybbub | November 25, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Amy finds out she can't take her Methadone with coke.

Boy George beats you up and you admit it????

Another strike. Means we'll find out what happened on Lost in or around 2012.

Jamie, I can sympathize. My son is threatening to sue over his Buxx card limits.

Posted by: hodie | November 25, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

"Kim Cattrall poses nude in recreation of Titian painting.."

Try this link instead guys, you'll thank me.

Posted by: jakeepoo | November 25, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

ALMOST FORGOT!

Liz, this was in Carrie Johnson's "Pardons" article in today's WaPo and should probably be recapped under Crime Watch.
"No one who received clemency yesterday approached that level of national renown. But because of Bush's actions, Grammy Award-winning rap artist John E. Forte of North Brunswick, N.J., will be released after serving about half of a 14-year sentence for aiding and abetting possession with intent to distribute cocaine. Forte, whose clemency bid was supported by Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), has been scheduled for release Dec. 22. He had performed with the Fugees and is a friend of and former backup singer for Carly Simon, who lobbied senior lawmakers, including Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.), for his early release. "

Who says celebrity news isn't real news??

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 25, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Steven Segal reality show. Zzzzz.... I'm holding out for the Jean Claude Van Damme reality show.

I'm not sure the Jehovah's Witnesses would agree with Prince's interpretation of the Bible. But considering how many gays it must take to keep Prince looking so fabulous, no wonder he's backpeddling on his earlier interview.

Well, as much as I try to serve my guests what the celebrities are having for Thanksgiving, I just can't conjure up an estranged husband and/or current boyfriend.

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 25, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Wow, jakeepoo, it's a good thing I have my own office to check that link out. I could've gotten in trouble had others seen that.

Not that I'm complaining.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, Dorkus and whoever else opens up the naked ladies link, I should have put the NSFW warning.

Posted by: jakeepoo | November 25, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Remind me again what Blake Civil-Fielder-whatsis (ostensibly) does for a living? And how desperate does this rather attractive looking German "model" have to be that a married guy who has just spent the last year doing time and getting rehabbed is "close friend" material?

Posted by: 44west | November 25, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

I want to see Horatio Sanz without the beard. Be proud of your new look, Skinny Horatio!

Posted by: msame | November 25, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Is it too early to begin compiling a list of predictions for celeb happenings in 2009?

No? Good.

I PREDICT -

Madonna and A-Rod get back together after a nasty dustup over whose abs are tighter

Amy Winehouse is released from hospital

Suri Cruise, in that cute lisp, calls daddy a girlie man

The Pitt-Jolies are thought to be pregnant again but it turns out to be a peanut butter sandwich

The cast of "Lost" still is

Michael Jackson's kids announce their conversion to orphanhood

George Clooney's marraige is announced but is then revealed to be just one of his wacky practical jokes

As ever,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 25, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

How many ODs do you have to have before the court steps in? I thought the UK was turning into a nanny state. Guess they are more concerned about allowing Sharia law in divorce proceedings than protecting someone from DYING.

Yeah, Brit, your dad is such a meanie. If you think clubbing is essential to life, the judge was right to make the conservatorship permanent. See Amy Winehouse if you really have any doubts. Stop by for a chat with her while you arein Europe. Do it today, there might not be another chance.

Posted by: epjd | November 25, 2008 11:26 AM | Report abuse

dorkus gets my vote for comment of the week:
***
"Tom Cruise says his 2-year-old daughter Suri is a complete "girlie girl."

-Ahh, like father, like daughter.
***

Posted by: dablues1 | November 25, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

The jeans that Suri refused to wear, could they have been of her mother's design? If so, a sure sign of a prodigious intellect and good taste. Be proud Tom and Katie.

Posted by: hodie | November 25, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

BTW, did anyone see in the news that a guy with a couple swords tried to attack the Scientology Celebrity Center? Turns out he ia former member of the church. Guess those pyschotropic drugs don't seem so bad now.

Posted by: epjd | November 25, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Helloooooooooooooo, Horatio Sanz! Wow, what a difference. : )

Posted by: undercover_hon | November 25, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Swords, he attacked with swords? I think i would rather have a Ghostbuster's Proton Pack to make sure I got all the thetans.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 12:20 PM

or some stakes, to make sure they don't come back.

Posted by: hodie | November 25, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

So Jason Lee married THIS baby mamma but not the last one? Maybe Carmen (his first wife)& Beth (his second fiancee) wouldn't tow the $cientology line.

Guess this one is young & dumb enough to buy it all hook, line & E-meter.

And that baby must have a doozy of a name if they haven't announced it yet. Who knows, maybe the kid's name really does happen to be DOOZY!!

Except in Celebutardland it'd be spelled Diouxsie, like Siouxsie of Siouxsie & the Banshees (yes I'm old).

Anyone remember when Lee was cool & hip? Yeah, once again, dating myself.

**hobbles off to find her Rascal whilst listening to Journey**

Posted by: wadejg | November 25, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Regarding Prince, I'm not sure what's worse, the idea of someone caring what Perez Hilton thinks or the fact that everyone's focusing on The Purple One's comments rather than on this horrendous poetry:

“Who eye really am only time will tell/ 2 the almighty life 4ce that grows stronger with every chorus/ Yes give praise, lest ye b among the guilty ones.”

"4ce"?! Gr8 Scott! What kind of word is THAT, u s2pid 4mer c<3topr?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 25, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

"4ce"?! Gr8 Scott! What kind of word is THAT, u s2pid 4mer c<3topr?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 25, 2008 12:54 PM

*******************************************

td, I am beginning to think that you might be luvlindsey. (Who we all secretly miss)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wadejg | November 25, 2008 12:43 PM

****

Hm. I've always pronounced "Siouxsie" to rhyme with the raw fish delicacies the Japanese are famous for. I guess I wuld pronounce "Diouxsie" as the adjective to describe the smell of what the kids call a "D-bag" or a "Dane Cook."

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 25, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Nice try, Dorkus. And there's no "d" in "luvlinsey." Either way, I am not she, and I miss "her" also. (We all know she's byoolin anyway.)

Then again, between having had to change our names with WaPo registration and of course having different IDs for the Celebritology Facebook group, I'm not sure who anybody is there days. I need a flowchart.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 25, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

I thought we'd been through this: there's no way I could be luvlinsey. I have a genetic condition that causes me pain when I witness or make errors of spelling or grammar that are not sanctioned by poetic or literary license.

In fact, mere moments ago, The Lovely Mrs. byoolin and I had an email conversation (reproduced below) about one of daughter's potential college choices.

From: [The Lovely Mrs. byoolin]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:23 PM
To: [byoolin]
Subject: Re: Text message

Owe, the humanity:

You may be considered a nonresident if:
You enrolled in a college or university more then eight hours per term within 12 months of moving to Oregon.

From: [byoolin]
To: [The Lovely Mrs. byoolin]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:24:02 PM
Subject: RE: Text message

She will *NOT* go to a university that can't spell.

From: [The Lovely Mrs. byoolin]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:30 PM
To: [byoolin]
Subject: Re: Text message

I dare you to send an email.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 25, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

For instance: that genetic condition just tweaked me for the missing word "our" that should have appeared in the phrase "one of [our]daughter's potential college choices."

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 25, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

byoolin, I know you're not luvlinsey.

Unless someone fesses up, we'll have to assume that luvlinsey has flown the coop with luvjen and luvcheetos. (Maybe they're having a luv-in.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 25, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

"Tom Cruise says his 2-year-old daughter Suri is a complete "girlie girl."

-Ahh, like father, like daughter.

----------------------------------

FIFTEEN YEARS FROM NOW:

"DAD! I told you to stop borrowing my heels! I don't CARE if we wear the same size!"

Posted by: Bawlmer | November 25, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer | November 25, 2008 2:07 PM

*******************************************

Wee Tom: But I can't reach the counter tops without them.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

jakepoo, THANKS MUCH for the link. Kim Cattrall looks mighty fine. The other nymphs in the photo are also pretty easy on the eyes.

Best line of the day occurs in the schedule of online discussions on the front page of washingtonpost.com

Alec Baldwin: Canceled

What I want to know is whether he left Liz a nasty voicemail message.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 25, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

For the love of mittens (I have loved that since petal - at least I think it was petal - first said it)... will LuvLinsey please reveal him/herself - we are all dying to know...

LuvJen too, if only to ask you for your pizza receipes....

Posted by: LTL1 | November 25, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

I freely admitted that I was luvcheetos. I still luvcheetos, although I have to think about it before I can spell it.

I am not now, nor have I ever been luvlinsey, but I used to be sunnydaze...and I, too, miss luvlinsey.

Cheers everyone!

Posted by: VaLGaL | November 25, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

sunnydaze! I couldn't remember who was luvcheetos; thanks for jogging our collective memories.

Thanks also for the reminder that you're now Val.Gal. -- I tell you, I really need that ID flowchart. Maybe Liz can do one on Facebook (who knows, if so, maybe we can convince the shy "luv"s to come out of hiding there also)?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 25, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I have only ever been a luv once, and that was as luvcowboys. It would be kind of nice to have a reminder who everyone is.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

For what it's worth, I was methinks.

I've also been gone all day, working first at the food bank (good for the soul) and then on assignment for work (good for the pocketbook). I was, however, very, very disappointed in Alec Baldwin, the no show at the chat. Is there some explanation? Do I need to scroll up?

Posted by: pras40 | November 25, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

wow.
if you gonna be luv-something/one, i'm glad you chose cheetos, val.gal. aka sunnydaze.

Posted by: pras40 | November 25, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

OK, I'm not "saying" I'm luvjen, but let's just say I know where she hangs
out. She can't post because the libarian kicked her out, although I think I can tear her away from her cat shows long enough to post...she has always wanted to make a pizza of Queen Liz....maybe for Christmas.
BTW, she is EXZTATIC!! that JEN! was on the ACUTUL COVER! of the NYT MAG!!!

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 25, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

ya see, that wasn't so hard was it possum? Confession too is good for the soul, now luvlinsey we know you are out there, feeling bashful - come in to the light, embrace your true self and let the light shine on your wonderful grammar and spelling!

Can I get a halleluja (or how ever you spel it) from my fellow islanders???

Posted by: LTL1 | November 25, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

sheesh spell it spellllll it...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 25, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

LTL,
I have used "for the love" on many occassions but I didn't come up with "for the love of mittens."

Posted by: petalceleb | November 25, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Okay, I was a little surprised that possum "hung out" with luvjen.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I only wish I could come to the meet 'n' greet and meet people IN THE FLESH! Please take some pictures, everyone, if you are going. Those of us unable to come (or even be in the country, for that matter) want to know is Byoolin really THAT handsome? Is Sasquatch really THAT hairy?!

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 25, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

hold it...didn't luvjen make the jen pizza? i voted for that, like, 15 times!
and all along it was possum. cool.

and whoever came up with "for the love of mittens" might want to claim credit because I'm using it too.

Posted by: pras40 | November 25, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

I wish I could go to the meet and greet. Sadly I have a Habitat for Humanity thing that evening, plus I'm in a completely different state. possum, many of us are on Facebook, td has tracked me down before.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 25, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

So, Dorkus, one might say that on that night, you "Owe the Habitat for Humanity!"

.........................................

Gad! Geeze! What's that smell??!?!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 25, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

I was formerly MoCoSnarky. And once, posted as "The Hindenberg" so that I could deliver that winning response to Gwynneth's duty to bear the Earth more children:

"Owe the humanity."

However, since the forced name change, I apologize for not being nearly as funny as I used to be. I'll try harder.

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 25, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

I think one of the (hopefully former) trolls was I SWEAR this girl I knew in high school who hated me because I was dating this guy she liked who turned out to be, like, bisexual...I actually changed my name several times because of "her".

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 25, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Well, I believe that everyone knows that I am who am . . .

VTY,