Posted at 7:31 AM ET, 11/24/2008

Morning Mix: Amy Winehouse Says She's Headed for Divorce

By Liz Kelly

Salma Hayek arrives at the 'CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute' at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre on Saturday. (Getty Images)
Monday

Headlines: Amy Winehouse says her marriage is over... Britney Spears appears at conservatorship hearing... Paris Hilton says she and Benji Madden are just "taking a break"... Michelle Williams opens up about missing Heath Ledger... Supermodel Karolina Kurkova is world's sexiest woman, according to E!... Moviefone names Robert Pattinson the hottest vampire of all time... Travis Barker sues plane and tire companies over crash... PETA blasts Elizabeth Hurley for fur ads... Tobey Maguire and wife expecting second child... Hulk Hogan's wife asks for more money despite $40K a month alimony... Michael Jackson settles case with Arab sheik out of court... "Real Housewives of Atlanta's" Kim Zolciak to pose for Playboy.

Rumor Mill: David Spade and Nicollette Sheridan spotted "full-on making out" at restaurant... Lilo and SamRo take their spat to Dubai... Aging rocker Bryan Ferry dating son's ex-girlfriend... There will be a "Twilight" sequel, says star Pattinson.

Say What?
"It was like being naked -- I would love to be naked in front of you." -- Jean-Claude Van Damme, who may just be the French Gary Busey, to Newsweek reporter Sarah Ball. (Um... he later clarifies he meant naked of protection.)

---

Mark Your Calendars: Mighty Appetite blogger Kim O'Donnel and I will be on hand Thursday, Dec. 4 from 6 - 8 p.m. for an official meet-and-greet at D.C.'s M Bar at the Renaissance M St Hotel. Come on out. We can't wait to meet you. (Facebookers: Details here.)

By Liz Kelly  | November 24, 2008; 7:31 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Your Top 5 Celebrity Crushes
Next: Comment Box: For Stars, It Pays to Marry

Comments

Way to bury the lede, Liz Kelly: never mind "Amy Winehouse says her marriage is over," what about "Amy Winehouse briefly aware of the real world."

Benji & Paris, the world awaits your Ross & Rachel impressions.

Karolina Kurkova? The world's sexiest woman? She doesn't even have a bellybutton! (And have the folks at E! even *seen* this morning's Morning Mix picture?)

Soon-To-Be-Ex-Mrs. Hogan says that $40K/mo doesn't even pay for her boyfriend's GI Joe action figures (NOT! dolls).

David Spade and Nicollette Sheridan making out: That ought to be equally gross for the boys and the girls.

Does "naked of protection" make JCVD sound any less creepy?

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 24, 2008 8:26 AM | Report abuse

Having now finally seen a picture the soon to be former Mr. Winehouse, I can now see why Amy has been 'self medicating' and is not fighting the divorce. I can also see why the mouse might have looked attractive to her.

Thank god for Becks and that Vampire dude, or I'd have to say that the attractive british male had gone extinct (as it is, they are endangered).

Posted by: LTL1 | November 24, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Travis is suing, Britney's at a hearing, Michael is settling. Now we know why there's no great music these days -- all the talent is tied up in court.

Well, shape up, Travis and Britney, and at least find some creative inspiration from the experience. This time next year I expect to see on iTunes:

"All the Small Torts"
"(Sue Me) Baby One More Time"

As for you, MJ, just record new lyrics to either "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" or "Smooth Criminal" and I'll be good.

Now get started, you slackers.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

thanks for the picture of salma, liz. what a good way to start the morning.

Posted by: the_nap | November 24, 2008 8:35 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and I bet George Hamilton is MAD that he didn't make that Sexy Vampire list. Hide your bronzer, Moviefone -- the Tan Man is going on a rampage!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2008 8:38 AM | Report abuse

I bet Michael Bolton is saying "David Spade? That #%@&ing no talent a$$ clown?"

Am I the only one just a little intrigued by the fact that Karolina Kurkova has no belly button?

byoolin, I thought the same thing about Paris and Benji.

Liz, thanks for the picture of Salma, it's going to be a good day.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 24, 2008 8:46 AM | Report abuse

I know, I know...the picture of Salma Hayak (and her breasts) is beautiful, but couldn't she have done something with her hair?

Posted by: pras40 | November 24, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Because the proper nakkid comment had me intrigued....

The rest of that interview with JCVD was hysterical... I was starting to feel a little more nicely inclined to 'the Damme' but holy cow he beats (the mind boggles trying to come up with an alternative) anyone I can think of when it comes to ego and a complete lack of intelligence... Oh yeah, and he hits on his interviewer (it's a phone interview)...

Truly something to behold.

Posted by: LTL1 | November 24, 2008 9:04 AM | Report abuse

"Playboy? Those "Real Housewives of Atlanta" women seem more like Hustler material, don't they?"

erm. . .I'd put them in Club or Gallery before Hustler.

David Spade and Nicollette Sheridan full on making out makes *me* want to hurl the zucchini bread I had for breakfast.

Posted by: jelo | November 24, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

I read the US article and maybe it's the cold medicine I'm taking because Paris actually sounded introspective.

Is it possible Paris Hilton has out-grown her shallow party-girl image?

Posted by: lisjaka2 | November 24, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, you weren't the only one intrigued by the AWOL navel.

The NY Daily News sent one of its intrepid newshounds to get the scoop. The result: an exposé entitled
"Karolina Kurkova's bellybutton mystery solved":

"She had an operation when she was an infant," her rep told the Daily News. "It's a fact and just thank God she's healthy."

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 24, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

JCVD is BELGIAN, not French. He is part of the great Belgian conspiracy that stole Budweiser and tried to take over Metro until they discovered what an effing mess it is! At least Chuck Norris and Vin Diesel are American. Watch them instead of JCVD, naked or otherwise.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 24, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and Salma Hayek, SI. Nicolette Sheridan, NO.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 24, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Amy Winehouse says her marriage is over...

1. God, I hope you made him sign a pre-nup...no sex is THAT good.

2. Now take this pain, write some new songs and record another album already.

Posted by: jakeepoo | November 24, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Liz,
I was wondering how I was going to avoid the Thanksgiving binge. I think all I have to do is remember the Spade/Sheridan story and my diet worries are over.

Posted by: hodie | November 24, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

I thought Amy Winehouse's husband has been a widower for quite some time now. All that remains is the paperwork, really.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 24, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

The photo of Salma reminds me of an old SNL skit with Gilda Radner as Annette Funicello with the line, "I'm Annette. And these are my breasts."

Van Damme? More like Van Dumb. I can't believe he's only three years older than I am. But as God is my witness I will never say things like:

"I peeled back the skin of the fruit, cut the pulp and then took that very hard seed. In this film I cut that hard seed, and inside that seed was a kind of liquid cream substance of the man I am."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

The halter strap of Salma Hayek's dress is doing the really heroic work.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 24, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Is it possible Paris Hilton has out-grown her shallow party-girl image?

Posted by: lisjaka2 | November 24, 2008 9:18 AM

Let's think about that...

Umm. No.

td,
is it possible Van Damme and Fabio are fraternal twins separated at birth?

Posted by: dablues1 | November 24, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Dang, most of the low-hanging fruit got plucked early today!

MStreet1: Brilliant snark, but sad. I'm sure we all hope it proves wrong, and that Amy can recover.

Just to be contrarian: It's so easy to pick on David Spade for being vertically-challenged, unshaven, not well coiffed, etc. But really, I wonder if he's actually a very nice, kind, understanding guy.

In other news as yet unreported here, the Vatican forgives John Lennon for his "bigger than Jesus" comment. Does anyone else think the iconoclastic Lennon would never have asked them for forgiveness, and would've felt patronized (to say the least) if he knew it were proffered? Apparently no word yet on this from Paul, Ringo or Yoko.

So, now Dr. Pepper has to pony up free servings of their beverage since Guns 'n' Roses managed to get their new CD out before year's end. Hmmm, if one doesn't like either product, that's not much of a deal.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 24, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

The Vatican forgives John Lennon for his "bigger than Jesus" comment.

The Vatican had to forgive him: like Galileo, John did have a valid point.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 24, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

"td, is it possible Van Damme and Fabio are fraternal twins separated at birth?"
--dablues1

Let's think about that... Umm. No. (Just kidding.) Turns out Fabio is a year-and-a-half older than JCVD. (And man, I gotta get to the gym....) The idea of a remake of "Twins" with these two has potential, though.

Also in my Google "Fabio" results: YouTube - Fabio gets hit in the face with a goose! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7w4dpxgSWA

I can't view video here; can someone tell me if Fabio hit the goose back?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Please, Nosy/byoolin. The Holy Father is just hoping for an autographed photo of Ringo. Clearly, His Holiness will stop at nothing!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

"Next up: Pope Ratzi calls Whoopsie on the whole Inquisition thing. (I wasn't expecting them.)"

But byoo, whatver will become of the Comfy Chair?

Posted by: dablues1 | November 24, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Nosey Parker,

"Just to be contrarian: It's so easy to pick on David Spade for being vertically-challenged, unshaven, not well coiffed, etc. But really, I wonder if he's actually a very nice, kind, understanding guy"...who gets TONS of tail.

Fixed it for you.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 24, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2008 10:26 AM
-----------------------
td_in_bawlmer must be making this up. No one can be that dumb. Its not possible. Well, one of my husband's exes tried to get pregnant by standing on her head post-coitus. Maybe she and JCVD are related?

Posted by: jelo | November 24, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Somehow, seeing the words "Amy Winehouse" and "marraige" in the same sentence is too weird.

Low-hanaging fruit: No one EVER expects the Spanish Inquisition, byoo'. And, no one ever expects the Pope to say "Whoopsie", but it's about time.

I didn't realize that Ms Hyack's bazooms were so . . . heroic.

Again, does MJ think that by converting to Islam he'll get his share of virgins? Do they have any virgins of the XY chromosome variety in Paradise? (They probably have to grab them while they're young . . . oh wait, never mind.)

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 24, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Hayak's breasts were always pretty heroic, but nursing her daughter has definitely upped the heroism bar.

(When I read the first reference to "low hanging fruit" I thought the poster was talking about Hayaks breasts.)

Posted by: pras40 | November 24, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

"I didn't realize that Ms Hyack's bazooms were so . . . heroic."
--bmschumacher

Hmm; "heroic," you say? Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe we may have finally found the perfect actress for the new movie version of Wonder Woman. Salma, call your agent

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Nicollete, please go back to Michael Bolton. It was less creepy.

Of course MJ settled. There was no way he was gonna get under oath again. the part that gets me is that depsite all the past evidence, the Sheikh said, "I thought we had become close personal friends." MJ has no close personal friends over the age of 12. He just has adults he uses.

Posted by: epjd | November 24, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

"Woopsie", says Curmudgeon.

That bmschumacher person is I.

Your friend,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 24, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

td, When it comes to playing Wonder Woman, it's not all in the shoes.

Salma Hayek is too small to play Wonder Woman. While Salma's boobs are bodacious, the rest of her is "petit." She's only 5'2". Wonder Woman should be closer to Amazon size.

While Sara Ramirez may be a bit hefty for your taste, she has the overall size (5'9") as well as the majestic mammalia to physically qualify her for the role. And she cleans up real nice, too:

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 24, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Just for the record, I posted Salma as one of my five last Friday BEFORE this pic headed the Morning Mix. If it will help td in baltimore, I'll replace Penelope Cruz with Salma, instead of replacing Sophia Loren with Salma.

Liz sometime down the road we need a Fri list on what my female colleagues refer to as "Arguments for Celibacy". In other words, who would NEVER be on your kitchen list?

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 24, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

In other words, who would NEVER be on your kitchen list?

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 24, 2008 12:36 PM
-----------------------------------------

Amy Winehouse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 24, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Who would NEVER be on your kitchen list?

Any man, no matter how gorgeous, who is abusive or disrespectful to women as human beings.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 24, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Never on my kitchen list:
David Spade
Mr. Amy Winehouse
Anyone who's ever had close physical contact with Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan

Posted by: pras40 | November 24, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: LTL1 | November 24, 2008 8:33 AM

Huh? Can I just say Firth, McAvoy, Butler, Bloom, Goode, Craig, Bean, Neeson, Rickman, MacGregor, Irons, Oldman, Grant (both of them), MacFayden, Friend ... just to name a few.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 24, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Sheesh, I didn't mean to restart the WW wars. But since I did:

reddragon1, I'll see your Sophia and take your Penelope.

Sas, if they cast shorter actors and lower the standard camera height, Salma's just the right size for the role (and you can take that anyway you wish).

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

I got to go with td on the WW thing. A shorter actress could pull it off. They made Bogart look taller than his costars, even Michael J. Fox came off looking tall in a few of his movies.

However, look at the picture of Megan Fox in the picture gallery and tell me you wouldn't mind seeing her dressed as WW.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 24, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 24, 2008 2:01 PM

----------------------------------------

WAITER: And would Monsewer Sasquatch like to order dessert?

SASQUATCH: I'd like to order Salma Hayek's bazooms, please.

WAITER: Certainly, Monsewer. We've had a run on Salma Hayek's bazooms tonight. I'll have to check to see if we are sold out. If Salma hayek's bazooms are still available, how would you like them?

SASQUATCH: A la mode. I'd also like some expresso to go with those boobs.

WAITER: Certainly, Monsewer.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 24, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus writes:

"I got to go with td on the WW thing. A shorter actress could pull it off. "

I'd prefer to pull it off Salma Hayek myself, thanks you very much.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 24, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

===============

Blah, meh, Scottish, too pretty to be a man - besides isn't he Australian, Who?, got me there - he's HOT, eww, Irish, smashing good actor - but not hot, scottish - and not very cute but an excellent accent, another good one - missed him!, weird, likes prostitutes, no clue who you mean by Grant 2, dunno the last two...

Sorry by and large, they are simply not all that and four that you picked aren't even English(ask any self respecting Aussy, Scot or Irishman how they feel about the matter)...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 24, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

"Paris Hilton says she and Benji Madden are just 'taking a break'..

Translation: Paris ran out of Valtrex and is having a flare-up.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 24, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

LTL prepares for the onslaught as she dismisses the 'Incomparable Colin Firth'...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 24, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Psst, sorcerers_cat!

The Post's weekly online Flight Crew travel chat is on from now till just after the top of the hour.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 24, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Don't worry, LTL: Chacun à son goût! (Each Lizard to his/her own taste)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 24, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

In Guangzhou, Chinese movie pirates mispronounce his name as "Corrin Filth."

Heh-Heh

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 24, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Excellent deconstruction of sorcerers_cat's list, LTL. I fervently hope that the "Bean" referred to is Mr., because it's the holiday season and everyone deserves to be on someone's list somewhere.

Posted by: Wikijen | November 24, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Oh Wikijen, you made my day...Mr.Bean...hahahaha
I think, though, that sorcerers_cat is referring to Sean Bean (yep, Sean Bean) who played Boromir in LOTR. I disagree with LTL's assessment of "eww," but concur that he is really not so much hot.

Posted by: VaLGaL | November 24, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

I heard Beyonce wants to play WW.

Never on my kitchen pass list: Kid Rock

Posted by: hodie | November 24, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Oh and the last two are from Pride and Prejudice - Macfayden/Mcfayden is Mr. Darby and Friend is Mr. Wickham. I looked them up on imdb.

Posted by: VaLGaL | November 24, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Ohhhhh I was totally thinking Mr. Bean... hence the ewwwwww... and Wikijen you are correct, everyone deserves a little love...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 24, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Not that I don't totally love you sorcer's cat... I do!

Posted by: LTL1 | November 24, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

I am no expert on WW essentials, but isn't a certain "statuesqueness" required?

I'm thinking of those hot pants and boots on a short, squatty woman with big bazooms and it ain't a pretty sight.

As ever,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 24, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

I thought Van Damme was Belgian.

Posted by: speaker2007 | November 24, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

LTL, which one is Australian? My bad. In my defense on the scots and irish, your original post referred to "british" males, and they are strictly speaking part of great britain. And yes, I meant Sean Bean, btw, not Mr! ;-)

Becks is hot...until he opens his mouth and talks. Pattinson is awfully pretty--if you're going to dismiss Bloom on those grounds, it's hard to defend that one!

Thanks Nosy--I sent in the question the other day and they did answer in the chat. Wish they'd done it earlier I might have gotten some more suggestions from the chatters! ;-)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 24, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Oh, the one in the middle you didn't know was Matthew Goode, most recently in Brideshead Revisited and the upcoming Watchmen.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 24, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

LTL1, have you ever heard of CARY Grant? Just sayin'.

Posted by: dacbf | November 24, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

I never knew Cary Grant was British born but I'm pretty sure he would be considered extinct.

Posted by: hodie | November 24, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Um, Clive Owen??

Posted by: ASinMoCo | November 24, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Hugh Laurie?
Nathaniel Parker?
Robson Green?

Posted by: dablues1 | November 24, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Oh wait, I'm already cooking Thanksgiving dinner...can you give me a minute....
Mr. Bean? I actually have a crush on the guy...and Tim from the orginal "Office" series....can't help myself. Although Mr. Bean puts turkey on head, Tim would certainly agree to do the dishes.

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 24, 2008 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Who is Amy Winehouse and why should we care?

Posted by: NOTMediaBound | November 24, 2008 9:56 PM | Report abuse