Posted at 8:03 AM ET, 11/12/2008

Morning Mix: Aniston Calls Angelina 'Uncool'

By Liz Kelly

Nicky Hilton and Nicole Ritchie attend the Tuesday L.A. launch party for a new H&M line of clothing. (Getty Images)
Wednesday

Headlines: Jennifer Aniston says Angelina Jolie was "inappropriate" and "uncool" about Pitt romance... Pitt manhandled by overzealous security guard... George Clooney compares Proposition 8 to segregation... Lindsay Lohan praises the country's first "colored" president... Kevin Federline won't seek hearing on son's hospital visit... Beyonce calls tabloid offers to buy wedding photos "ridiculous"... Jay Leno and Martha Stewart cook up a little sexual innuendo... Miley Cyrus and boyfriend drop in on Stephen Baldwin book signing (four words we thought we'd never utter)... But wait, there's more: Baldwin shows off "Hannah Montana" tattoo... "Sopranos" alum Tony Sirico debuts cologne... John Mayer says he's not "moodier" lately... Jesse Metcalfe hospitalized after Monaco balcony fall... Fergie puts on pounds for upcoming movie role...
Adam Sandler and wife welcome second daughter... Art by "Leave It To Beaver's" Tony Dow to show at the Louvre.

Pix: Grace Jones, smothered in fur... Cruz Beckham dons zookeeper uniform.

Rumor Mill: Joe Jonas now dating actress Camilla Belle, says source... Miley Cyrus to perform on "Dancing With the Stars" finale?... Paris Hilton joins cast of indie film... Lauren Conrad denies throwing airport hissy fit.

By Liz Kelly  | November 12, 2008; 8:03 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Beyonce's No 'Wonder Woman' (Yet)
Next: Sick Day: Contemplating Celebrity Care

Comments

Hey, George Clooney, you'd better watch it - the ice over there where you are skating is *really* thin.

Hey, Lindsay Lohan, you probably don't want to take skating lessons from Clooney.

KARNAK THE MAGNIFICENT [tears open an envelope and reads]: Jay Leno, Martha Stewart, sexual innuendo.

ED McMAHON: Jay Leno, Martha Stewart, sexual innuendo.

KARNAK THE MAGNIFICENT [stares at ED]: Name a jaw, a ma, and AAAUUUUUUGHH!

ED McMAHON [throws up in a bucket]: AAAUUUUUUGHH!

Overheard in Jersey: "Hey, Paulie, your cologne smells just like "McGraw!"
[Gunshots follow.]

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

In Lindsay Lohan's defense (did *I* just write that?) I would like to point out that our beloved Daniel Craig (cue swimsuit pic link, please) referred to President-elect Obama as "coloured" the other day.
But I think it was probably okay because he pronounced it with a British accent and with the "u" in it.

Posted by: pras40 | November 12, 2008 8:58 AM | Report abuse

ED McMAHON: Jay Leno, Martha Stewart, sexual innuendo.

KARNAK THE MAGNIFICENT [stares at ED]: Name a jaw, a ma, and AAAUUUUUUGHH!

ED McMAHON [throws up in a bucket]: AAAUUUUUUGHH!

Overheard in Jersey: "Hey, Paulie, your cologne smells just like "McGraw!"
[Gunshots follow.]

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Sorry for the double post. Please ignore the first (poorly spaced) one.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Can I ask one question? How is it fashion to wear a mini sleeveless dress and boots? Boots go with cold weather clothes. I find it so weird to see supposely fashion conscious women in seasonally inappropriate combindations (Posh I am talking to you)...

Seriously it's like Uggs (which I cannot stand) and shorts and a tank top. WTF?!? My feet are cold but my arms and legs are just fine?

Posted by: LTL1 | November 12, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Newsflash to BOTH Jennifer and Angelina:

We can't wait for the next 40 years or so of this on-going drama! It is so intresting to read that Jenn says Angelina is so uncool, and that Angelina tells us that she fell in love with Brad on a movie set...

soon Maddox and his siblings can join in on the conversation, and we can read article after article that drones on and on about your love triangle.

It's like Romeo and Juliet - timeless, enduring, and endlessly interesting.

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 12, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Amelia, please have some concern for those of us reading your posts. I was eating some cantalope, and I inhaled a piece of it and had to perform the heimlich on myself with my office chair....
So, I'm saying, that was some kind of funny, but also painful at the same time!

Posted by: VaLGaL | November 12, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

To LTL1's point re: boots & short dresses, I was looking through the pix on the page about Fergie's added weight (apparently it all went to her chest) and saw a photo of Sarah Michelle Gellar wearing a very light, white, floaty, halter dress with black tights and black strappy sandals.

Seriously? She thought that looked good?

Posted by: pras40 | November 12, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

My diagnosis: Jay Jim chawed on one of mom's Marlbobos and had to be rushed to the hospital because of nicotine poisoning. K-Fed figured it coulda happened at his house, too, so declined to get into a legal thingy about it.

George Clooney's geigh is showing.

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 12, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Whoops! Sorry VaLGaL! No more choke-inducing posts from me.

But...does Brad like this? Does John Mayer? Doesn't anyone tell those 2 ladies to shut up? Move on? The divorce was 5 kids ago for Angie (6 for Brad). Surely they have something else to focus on? Same with Jenn - it's like going to a high school reunion and everyone boring us with old rivalries till we remember why we don't keep up with those people - they are boring and stuck in the past.

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 12, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

The reporter shares part of the blame since he was the one who asked the question. I can't believe he thought the topic hadn't been adequately covered. That said, it's Aniston's responsibility to clam up and say, 'that's all over.'

Posted by: pras40 | November 12, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Mudge, I read that Jayden James got hives as an allergic reaction to some particular food he ate. Haven't most of us been there at some time?

Re wearing part hot-weather and part cold-weather clothing simultaneously: the wearer's undoubted discomfort is its own best punishment.

Kudos to Tony Dow on his abstract sculpture being chosen for display at the Louvre. Interesting that he and other main child actors from "Leave it to Beaver" (Jerry Mathers, Ken Osmond, Frank Bank) seem to have all turned out reasonably normal; wonder whether it had to do with conscious decisions by the show's creators not to exploit the kids unduly.

In defense of Grace Jones (not five words I often utter), that's allegedly FAKE fur.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

"Jennifer Aniston says Angelina Jolie was "inappropriate" and "uncool" about Pitt romance..."

And Pitt was????

Posted by: jezebel3 | November 12, 2008 9:53 AM | Report abuse

My nose tells me there are subtle differences between McGraw! and Tony Sirico's Paulo por Uomo.

McGraw! is a combination of a broken-in baseball glove, the smell of the interior of a brand new pick-up truck, with a hint of chewing tobacco.

Paulo por Uomo is a combination of cognac, cigars, disinfectant and the interior of an Oldmobile Delta 88.

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 12, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

When someone blows in Nicky Hilton's ear, does air shoot out the other?

Jennifer Aniston says Angelina Jolie was "inappropriate" and "uncool" -- this needs to go on some list of Wise Celebrity Sayings along with Kevin Costner calling Madonna's concert "neat" in "Truth or Dare."

Paolo Per Uomo -- When You Want to Smell Like You Just Slept With the Fishes. Is the bottle shaped like concrete galoshes?

And was I the only one who read "Fergie puts on pounds" and thought ex-Princess Sarah Ferguson fell off the Weight Watchers wagon?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 12, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

jezebel3, I'm pretty sure that the story said Aniston said Jolie's recent timeline of events and comments about her eagerness to get to work on the set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith were what was "inappropriate" & "uncool". And frankly she's right, but mainly because (a) it's boring, it's over, it's history and (b) she has children who are getting old enough to read her comments.
People haven't cared about propriety for a long time.
And as an addendum to my previous comment about the reporter's responsibility, it's his job to get the story. In this case a few words from Aniston extended the life of the story because of the insatiable appetite people have for the tidbits of info about celebrities.
After all, we're on the celebritology website!

Posted by: pras40 | November 12, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

And I know George Clooney's supposed to have become some sort of Hollywood royalty and all, but to me he's still the guy who -- back when Princess Diana died -- held court with Fran Drescher to ramble incessantly about those darn "paparazzis" to anyone who would listen.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 12, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

td in baltimore, I thought the same thing about Fergie. I was, like, "man, and she was doing so well."

Posted by: pras40 | November 12, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Now it all makes sense. We saw pictures of Grace Jones with antennae, now she's entering the cocoon stage of development. I'm a little scared to see what emerges next.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 12, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Didn't Gene Weingarten say, oh, almost exactly the same thing as Clooney did some months back? I remember it because I thought it was such a great line (yes, I know my liberal is showing and I don't care).
If I have time later tonight, I'll try and dig up the reference from one of his chat transcripts.

Posted by: Bawlmer | November 12, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

I just know that under Nicole Ritchie's hair there are pointy elfin ears.

Posted by: dablues1 | November 12, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

That Cruz Beckham is cute; I bet he could win an arm wrestling contest with his mother in no time flat. He weighs more.

Why is the Jennifer/Angelina thing still news? Because people respond to polls on websites (see the one on the link above for Cruz Beckham) that ask:

"Should Jennifer Aniston finally forgive Angelina Jolie?"

So, naturally, I contributed to the problem by answering it (I voted Yes) so I could view the results. Currently:

* No 76%

(And people wonder why we can't achieve peace in the Middle East.)

Then again, this poll was on a website (Daily Mail) from the UK -- where EVERYTHING is news. For example, yesterday's poll:

"Could John Sergeant actually go all the way on Strictly?"

I have absolutely no idea what that means. And I'm glad.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 12, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

When someone blows in Nicky Hilton's ear, does air shoot out the other?-td

******************************************

No, but she will follow you anywhere.

Boy did I sure come late to the party today.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 12, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I don't know -- I did think Jolie's comments were uncool. And that Aniston can say so. Is that wrong?

Posted by: msame | November 12, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

msame - I am kind of with you and at the same time I get the point of folks saying that Jennifer Anniston should say 'uh don't you think that is a bit old news?'

The reason I am kind of more in your camp is that Angelina Jolie did recently reveal that she'd basically been lying about the whole timing thing and it is a fair question (since it is a new revelation) to say - how does that make you feel.

I do think that it smacks of Angelina trying to rub a little salt in... she 'got away' with the lie, so why 'confess' now? What was the point? Anyhow, if it were me, I'd have still shrugged and said 'yawn, have you seen the rawkin tats on my man John'..

Ok wasted enough time on that one... moving on....

Posted by: LTL1 | November 12, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Yep. Jen, like Elizabeth Edwards, could just say "I don't want to feed the monster." Can't believe the mags are still milking the Pitt/Jolie adultery situation. I can't stand Jolie, and we all knew she and Pitt were having an affair while he was still married to Jen, but enough already.

Who's Camilla Belle? One of the Spice Girls' babies? Didn't one of them name her daughter Bluebonnet or something?

Posted by: Californian11 | November 12, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Elf! That's it. I was trying to figure out what Nicole Richie looked like.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 12, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

My beef with Jolie are her statements that she isn't/wasn't the type of woman that would take up with a married man because she saw how her mother suffered emotionally with Jon Voight's infidelities.

Fast forward to her bizarro relationship with Billy Bob, who was engaged to Laura Dern when AJ and BB got married. Technically she didn't steal that married man because he wasn't married, but its still dirty pool.

Semantics are no excuse for adulterous behavior. Either do it and own up to it, or keep your pants on until you are both available.

Posted by: jelo | November 12, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

td
"Could John Sergeant actually go all the way on Strictly?"

Here I learned that this is the UK's version of "Dancing With The Stars," with four judges including DWTS's Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli. John Sergeant, a reporter, is among this autumn season's competitors and, despite still being in competition, is apparently miffed by some of the negative comments he's received from judges.

(This sure beats working!)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Whew! I'm so relieved that all of Fergie's extra avoirdupois has gone to her seins. I was afraid that it had all gone to her head.

Ta-ta for now!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 12, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

John Sergeant and partner: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/09/article-1084267-02682A4D000005DC-728_468x567.jpg

This fall season's celeb dancers (including Mr. Sergeant and acclaimed British actress Cherie Lunghi):

John Sergeant is a reporter for ITN. Apparently Bruno Tonioli in particular has severely harshed on Sergeant's dancing.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

I nominate Byoolin for Comment of the Week for:

Overheard in Jersey: "Hey, Paulie, your cologne smells just like "McGraw!"
[Gunshots follow.]

Mainly for the
[Gunshots follow.]

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 12, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Sas, the same thing could happen up in Wasilla. I sure hope Alaska's Governess doesn't open up a Bigfoot-hunting season (least of all from helicopters).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the scoop, Nosy. I thought perhaps John was a character on an obscure UK soap and Strictly was a British girl's name we don't use in the U.S. (i.e., another character). I learn so much from Celebritology!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 12, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

td, I get the impression that John Sergeant is the Cloris Leachman of the UK's dancing competition.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and td, check out hecklerspray's write-ups of each celeb's performance on "Strictly Come Dancing," including a few words that undoubtedly would be barred by the Post's blocking software if I were to try to copy them here.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Wow, Nosy, that's some good snark!

I mean really, if I ever were to participate in a televised dancing competition (unlikely), I'd surely pray that some online critic would refer to me as "the living embodiment of a pikey salsa night at a sh_t nightclub."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 12, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Didn't Brits invent the term "snark"?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Didn't Brits invent the term "snark"?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 2:52 PM

Now that you mention it, yeah: Lewis Carroll.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

hey LTL, don't harsh on my uggs! I love them, partly because they're so convenient on and off. The whole wearing uggs with shorts thing pretty much started with the origin of uggs' popularity--Australian surfers. I don't think of them as a fashion statement, they're just comfy. That being said, I don't wear them with shorts unless it's a quick trip to the mailbox.

It astounds me how Anniston manages to keep herself in the news in any way shape or form. Reliable Source chat mentioned her and Sienna Miller as good examples of people who are more famous for being famous than they are for what supposedly made them famous.

Good on Clooney. Single straight celebs so rarely speak up on gay rights issues because of the inevitable "he's secretly gay" accusations. Brad Pitt, adequately covered image-wise, has, but I can't think of anyone else.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 12, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

And "Boojum" was Lewis Carroll's term for me.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 12, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat

Hasn't Tim Robbins (OK, so he probably counts as common-law married)? Is Sean Penn back with Robin? I believe he's also been outspoken on this topic, among other political issues.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I'd have thought you'd be a frumious Bandersnatchquatch.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

And, from those of us old enough to remember him, Good on ya', Tony Dow!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 12, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Good call on Sean Penn, Nosy. If I were a bit cynical I could see his outspokenness on prop 8 as publicity for his upcoming film, but I doubt he would have made the film at all if he didn't really feel strongly about gay rights. I saw the trailer, by the way, and it looks like a real tour de force--expect Oscar.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 12, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, I see where you're coming from, but I'm not infected with HMHVV, and I do not cannibalize fellow cryptids, which seem to be the defining characteristics of the Quatchi species of Bandersnatchi.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 12, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Need to weigh in on Jen Anniston's comments- she should just let it rest at this point. Yep she may have been wronged but going on about how uncool and inappropriate the other broad was and then adding the little nit about how she and Brad still have friendly exchanges seems like sour grapes and vindictiveness all at once. She only comes across bitter instead of someone who has moved on with her life.

Posted by: plamar1031 | November 12, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Sas, how does one cannibalize an imaginary creature? Or is that the latest Hollywood weight-loss craze?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, when you asked if I was a Bandersnatch rather than a Boojum, I had existential misgivings. Naturally I went to Wikipedia and found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandersnatch. The next to last heading of the article deals with Quatchi:

In other media
........................................

Bandersnatches also appear as a type of infected Sasquatch in the Shadowrun Role-playing game. The infection, which is magical in nature, comes from a variant of HMHVV and causes the infected Sasquatch's fur pelt to grow mangy and their limbs and canines to enlongate. A Bandersnatch can only sustain itself on the flesh of uninfected Sasquatches.

------------------------------------------
At least I don't have an entry in Dickipedia....yet.....

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 12, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Eat yer heart out, Sas:

(Aside: I think Nosey may be the British spelling, but I chose the American orthography.)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 12, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Our noble Chief Lizard needs to add an entry for Celebritology in Wiki.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 12, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

I'm actually going to defend Lindsay on the Obama comment. She is too young to even know that "colored" is an old term for black people. People now use the phrase "people of color" to refer to blacks, Latinos, and Asians.

Posted by: buffysummers | November 12, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse