Posted at 8:25 AM ET, 11/ 4/2008

Morning Mix: Get Your Non-Election Celeb News Fix Right Here.

By Liz Kelly

Daniel Craig arrives on the red carpet for the German Premiere of the the latest James Bond film, 'Quantum of Solace,' on Monday. (AP)

Tuesday

Headlines: Jennifer Hudson bids farewell to family at private service... Lindsay Lohan blog-ficially endorses Barack Obama; dropped from awards show hosting gig... Joaquin Phoenix says "Bye Good" to movies (again)... Jane Fonda returning to Broadway next year... Kate Winslet shows skin for Vanity Fair, yet says she still feels like the "fat kid"... Angelina Jolie says she's "just a punk kid with tattoos" at heart... Brooke Smith leaving "Grey's Anatomy"... 50 Cent teams up with Bette Midler to open community garden... Harrison Ford goes green for Halloween, Britney Spears goes for the ever-safe witch get-up (big improvement over last year's look)... Hindu leaders chastise Heidi Klum for Kali costume... Nelly admits he's "serious" about Ashanti... Carrie Underwood apologizes for upsetting Jessica Simpson... Charlize Theron settles suit with watch company... Production company says Tim Allen stole idea for "Wild Hogs."

Crime Watch: Keanu Reeves not guilty of hitting paparazzo, says jury.

Rumor Mill: Robert Downey Jr. sets his crotch on fire on set of new movie... George Michael to pay $1.5 million for replica of his face... David Duchovny and Tea Leoni team up to take kids trick-or-treating... Salma Hayek rekindling romance with ex?... Ivana Trump's marriage in trouble after just six months?... Drew Barrymore ex and Mac guy Justin Long spotted canoodling with Tila Tequila?... Vintage Susan Sarandon sex movie set for DVD release.

Just Because: This completely NSFW faux screen test, "If Samuel Jackson Had Played Jack in Titanic," may just help us to make it through the day. (Note: Video starts on its own, so make sure your volume isn't jacked up.)

By Liz Kelly  | November 4, 2008; 8:25 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: Celebrity Inventors. Who Knew?
Next: Tuesday List: Driving Election Day to Distraction

Comments

Kate Winslet in those VF photos=hubba hubba. And Brit Brit actually looks genuinely happy in her Halloween photo, instead of that stock phony smile she always has.

Posted by: jelo | November 4, 2008 8:50 AM | Report abuse

OK Liz, I agree that we need some non-election celeb time today. But I'd love to see pics or reports of the celebs who vote today! Maybe an election section in tomorrow's morning mix??

Posted by: sjcpeach | November 4, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Oh sweet jebus. There was a horrifying moment there when I thought 50 cent was SAMPLING Bette Midler. There aren't words to describe just how awful that would be.

Posted by: aesully | November 4, 2008 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and that guy next to Britney Spears is extremely scary.

Posted by: aesully | November 4, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Kate Winslet...I think I just found my new desktop wallpaper.

I can't top TMZ's line about Wild Hogs: "Tim Allen is being sued for allegedly ripping off the idea for his movie "Wild Hogs" ... but the real shocker -- someone is actually taking responsibility for that piece of crap!"

I like that David Duchovny and Tea Leoni put aside their issues to focus on the kids for the night. Other celebs could learn from those two.

I hope the Mac guy has some good anti-virus protection.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 4, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Justin & Tila Tequila: does this mean that the PC & Mac ads will start talking about how Mac can also run Windows?

If Tim Allen stole the idea for "Wild Hogs"? There was an idea behind it?

Those Hindu leaders are so mad at Heidi Klum they're sending another actor dressed as Shiva over to her house to give her what-for.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 4, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Halle Berry is disappointed Vanity Fair didn't publish those pictures of Kate Winslet on the toilet.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 4, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Finally, someone else can be called Fire Crotch for a change.

George Michael has no taste, but at least the money won't be spent on pot. Though if his fortunes go south (and why wouldn't they with such wise purchases?), don't be surprised if one day he hawks an ear at Sotheby because that's all that's left of the original sculpture.

The bad puns in the Charlize/watch story are too much for me this morning: "finds time to settle watch suit," "two-timing," "tick tock tort." Stop!

I saw "Jane Fonda" and "Broadway" and said to myself, "please let it be Barbarella" as I clicked the link. No such luck, darnit. Well, she's not quite ready for the Katharine Hepburn role in a stage version of "On Golden Pond." Does she need the money?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 4, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

That scamp Robert Downey, Jr. . . . didn't his mother ever tell him not to play with his crotch in public?

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 4, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

From the Angelina interview:

"As for protecting her brood from the more violent films she's made, like Tomb Raider, Jolie doesn't bother.

"We don't take war and violence lightly, but we don't hide it from anybody."

Wow! Angelina! We criticized you before for glorifying violence in your film, but back then, we assumed you were at least hiding the violence from some of your children - perhaps the newborns?

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 4, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

"I hope the Mac guy has some good anti-virus protection." --Dorkus

That was brilliant!

Long before Keanu Reeves was cleared of hurting a pap, people who WATCH movies took the TIME to find him guilty of making not one but two bad movies with Charlize Theron ("The Devil's Advocate," "Sweet November").

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 4, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the sweet shot of Daniel Craig. Always a good way to start the day! And I can't watch that Sam Jackson video yet, but just knowing it exists makes the world a better place.

Posted by: jaybbub | November 4, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

A Carrie Underwood - Jessica Simpson feud would be the biggest fight since my neighbor told my other neighbor to keep her damn dogs off her grass. Watch out with those two!

Bye Good.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 4, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

You know, I was kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop on Heidi Klum's costume. So much for my idea of going as Ganeesh next year. And how in God's name am I going to sell an elephant suit in this market?!

Harrison Ford. Dressed as a peapod. With dark green face paint. I think I've finally found something worse than the face-melting aliens in "Crystal Skull".

Posted by: Bawlmer | November 4, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Harrison Ford seems to be taking a weird approach to the environmental movement. First there was the chest waxing to protest deforestation now this. I think one of his advisers is having a wee bit of fun with Mr. Ford.

Posted by: epjd | November 4, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Think Rossano is a bit bitter that Ivana still calls herself Mrs. Trump? Or maybe it's the 23yo boytoy? Really, who saw this coming?

Hot dogs! get your hot dogs here! Watson come here I need you! (oops, wrong Watson)

And Dorkus, I agree with td. Virus protection. Can't catch my breath!! Quote of the week there!

Posted by: hodie | November 4, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I am soooo happy to know there is an election-free zone somewhere.

Now if the darned link nazis would just let me see the Samuel MF Jackson video, my day would be complete. Guess I will have to make like jaybub and be happy to know it exists.

Britney looks suprisingly normal and mom-like in that photo, the weirdo to her right notwithstanding. K-fed, is that you?

Two thoughts on Harrison Ford:

* He's getting ad money from Peapod.
or
* Calista is passive-aggressive. The chest-waxing didn't get the message across, so she's trying a new way to tell him she wants out of the relationship.

Posted by: dablues | November 4, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and thanks for the Daniel Craig.

10 days until Quantum Solace!

Posted by: dablues | November 4, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Both the Dorkus and Byoolin Mac jokes made me spew... much thanks guys...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 4, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

For those that a coulrophobic, **SCARY CLOWN ALERT IN THE BRITNEY PIC**

By Scary Clown I mean the one in white wig in the middle of that WTF R U? threesome kneeling in the pic.

IT'S A MAN BABY!!

Posted by: wadejg | November 4, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Jude Law quenches Robert Downey Jr's "fire down below".

Samuel L Jackson, so smooth with the ladies. Note Kate cover herself and take a step back. Hilarious video, Liz.

Keep rubbing it in Carrie. Awaiting the sequel to "When he cheats". I know there will be a line in it addressed to the bimbo who steals her man that also involves a Louisville slugger. Watch out Jessica! Girl fight!

Posted by: hodie | November 4, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

My vote for quote of the week goes to DorkusMaximus!

Ivana Trump: that face ain't movin' much, is it. Looks like the other advice she got from The Donald is "Date models younger than your youngest child."

I sure wish Angelina would stop talking about herself and trying to get yet more attention. Yawn.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 4, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

"Lindsay Lohan . . . dropped from awards show hosting gig" -- and replaced by . . . Denise Richards?!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 4, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

If Robert Downey, Jr. had seen the pix of Kate Winslet, he wouldn't have needed a spilled pipe to set his crotch on fire.

Is it just my perception, or does Harrison Ford look like Sprout, the illegitimate son of the Jolly Green Giant?

Salma Hayek, that floozie! The nerve of her, getting back together with Francois-Henri Pinault. What's he got that I haven't got....other than a few billion dollars?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 4, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Sas, you are are such a wanna be John Mayer. Yesterday it was Halle Berry, in the morning mix it Selma, in the main post it Kate Winslet.

Posted by: epjd | November 4, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | November 4, 2008 3:38 PM

-------------------------------------------
Oh ep, unlike John Mayer, I am not handsome. I am not a talented actor or musician. I do not circulate with beautiful celebrities. What harm is it for me to have a fantasy celebrity list? Ms. Snatchquatch has her fantasy celebrity list. At least give me credit for not having people like Britney, Paris, LiLo and Amy on my fantasy list.

Back to the 'Quatch cave....

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 4, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse