Posted at 7:47 AM ET, 11/ 6/2008

Morning Mix: JT and Britney to Reunite at Madonna Concert?

By Liz Kelly

Pete Wentz, Common, Sean 'Diddy' Combs, Quincy Combs and Dallas Austin celebrate Diddy's birthday at Mansion on Wednesday in New York. (Getty Images)

Thursday

Headlines: Ellen DeGeneres "saddened" by passing of Proposition 8 in California... Al Franken's Senate bid headed for recount... Susan Lucci voted off "Dancing With the Stars"... Kim Catrall says "Sex and the City" sequel will film next summer... John Travolta goes bald for new movie role... Danny Bonaduce officially divorced...
Carnie Wilson expecting second child... Author Michael Crichton dies of cancer at 66.

Crime Watch: Amy Winehouse's husband released from prison, heads to rehab; disheveled Winehouse visits.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake to join Madonna on stage at L.A. concert... Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer expecting twins, claims Star magazine... Guy Ritchie hires new lawyer to fight for custody of children... Evan Rachel Wood dumps Marilyn Manson?... Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling on the outs... Jaime Pressly and fiance Eric Cubiche split... Charlie Sheen's rep denies tabloid lap dance reports.

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's thrilling edition of Celebritology Live.

By Liz Kelly  | November 6, 2008; 7:47 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Four Words of Doom: Bottomless Jogging Steve Guttenberg
Next: Clip N' Save: 10 Steps to Take Amy Winehouse from Train Wreck to Comeback Kid

Comments

John Travolta goes bald. "Oh, Dusty, why don't you try *acting*?"

Author Michael Crichton dies of cancer at 66, thereby reminding everyone that he wrote "The Terminal Man."

"Amy Winehouse's husband released from prison, heads to rehab; disheveled Winehouse visits." She didn't wanna go, no, no, no.

Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer expecting twins. It's a big deal for Jen, but John's had twins before. Several times.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 6, 2008 8:30 AM | Report abuse

I don't care what he rep says when it come to Charlie Sheen and lap dances I believe it.

Posted by: lisjaka2 | November 6, 2008 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Isn't Ashley Simpson due any minute then why is Pete Wentz partying with Diddy?

Posted by: lisjaka2 | November 6, 2008 8:51 AM | Report abuse

help!

What IS it with the twins???? Is there something in the water or are all those celebs seeing the same baby doctor?

Danny Bonaduce is single again - owe the humanity?

Are Ellen and Portia not married again?

I predict that Britney and Justin are toast.

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 6, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

You ask, " . . . Ashley Simpson [is] due any minute then why is Pete Wentz partying with Diddy"?

I reply, "Because Ashley Simpson is the one due any minute, not Pete Wentz."

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 6, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Run away Evan, run away fast!

Is there no one in all of England that can help Amy Winehouse?

Posted by: jelo | November 6, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Is there no one in all of England that can help Amy Winehouse?

Posted by: jelo | November 6, 2008 9:11 AM

*****************************************

Maybe they can call in Super Nanny, or if that fails Cesar Milan.

Why does John Travolta look like Mr. Clean?

Rachel McAdams, I'm here if you need anything.

Ya know 'Mudge, it's not uncommon to have twins when one uses fertility treatments. My thoughts on it, with their father being John Mayer, those kids will end up being so greasy and slimy I bet they just slide right on out of Ms. Anniston.

al Franken's senate bid heading for a recount, and that's okay (someone had to say it).

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 6, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

John Travolta can move into a lamp when he is through playing Mr. Clean.

Jen shows Brad! She'll have more kids than him in no time.

Ok, ladies, be calm. Let not all rush Danny Bonaduce at once. ick

RIP Michael Crichton. Who can forget the first time they saw Juraissic Park in the theatre?? Especially that scene with the cup of liquid making waves with each step of the yet unseen but approaching T.Rex?

Posted by: hodie | November 6, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, great minds think alike.

Mudge, true that what Dorkus says about celebrity multiple births. I suspect many of them use fertility drugs. Also with increasing maternal age, the chance of twins also increases.

Posted by: hodie | November 6, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Mudge, an answer to your inquiry about Ellen and Portia:

Long story short, no one really knows.

Also, hasn't Ashley Simpson been pregnant for over a year now, or does it just feel like it?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 6, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me... or does Amy Winehouse look kind of like Bob Dylan in that picture, uh minus the black mascar smudged (sorry mudge) all over her face...

PS I don't know who Dallas Austin is (except to surmise that perhaps he is from Texas) but dude has some serious Gloria Steinem sunglasses on...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 6, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Amy Winehouse visits, husband hijacks prison bus on way to rehab and drives it back to prison.

RIP Michael Crichton. I read so many of his books. they were interesting and made you think.

Posted by: epjd | November 6, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the photo of Common.

Is Travolta going bald for a role or did he decide to stop using the hair in a can?

I completely forgot Micheal created ER. Sympathies to his family.

Oh joy, Bonaduce is back on the market. I'm sure you can hear a pin drop with the number of women rushing to be at his side. On the scary side I fear he'll have a Vh1 hook-up show. On the creative side I wonder what they would call it.

Posted by: petalceleb | November 6, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: LTL1 | November 6, 2008 9:45 AM

****

I thought she looked like she was still in her Hallowe'en costume. I just couldn't decide whether she was supposed to be dressed as a battered wife or Medusa.

She looks like hell - you see people sleeping in doorways who are in better shape - and I wouldn't be surprised to read her obituary before Christmas.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 6, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Boinking Bonaduce

duh.

Posted by: LTL1 | November 6, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Sorry I have to learn how to paste previous comments that I am responding to... The previous post should read:
****

Posted by: petalceleb
*******

Boinking Bonaduce

duh.

or now that I have had a little time to think about it... perhaps something a little more high class, such as

Boffing Bonaduce

or (going way back in my celebritology memory)

Knocking Ferragamos with Bonaduce

Posted by: LTL1 | November 6, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Boinking Bonaduce

duh.

Posted by: LTL1 | November 6, 2008 10:11 AM

or it's alternative "Bon-a-duce"
(french pronunciation helps)

Posted by: kvs09 | November 6, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I should have said "Italian"

Posted by: kvs09 | November 6, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Let's hope they have a fire hose on hand just in case that Timberlake/Britney "reunion" gets too out of hand.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 6, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 6, 2008 9:17 AM

Bad DNA all around from both parents. Both are fugly and immature at any speed. Middle-aged Aniston is stunningly vapid and Mayer is uncommonly vacant.

Posted by: jezebel3 | November 6, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

I agree with Ellen. So disappointing.

Posted by: sjcpeach | November 6, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

It wouldn't be Knocking Ferrigamos with Bonaduce.

Try:
Knocking Knock-offs with...
Knocking Crocs with...
Knocking "I bought them out of a car trunk at Hollywood and Vine" with ....
Chasing the Taco with....

Posted by: dablues | November 6, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: petalceleb | November 6, 2008 9:57 AM

I think it's already in the works. According to today's Express: "He's keeping the rights to sell a show called 'The Next Mrs. Bonaduce.'"

Posted by: eet7e | November 6, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Re Bonaduce, I can't stop thinking about manicotti and cannoli. Must get mind out of gutter.

Gossip Girls online had photos of Amy Winehouse sans eyeliner. Don't know how old the shots are but, underneath all that gunk, she actually has beautiful eyes when they're unadorned(?). The BauerGriffinOnline pictures to which Liz linked are simply tragic. Please, can't someone admit poor Amy for treatment before it's too late? At least in the US, being a threat to one's own life is sufficient cause for involuntary committal for mental illness in most (if not all) states, and clearly this young woman is beyond disturbed. Even if her parents and husband are in denial, co-dependent, heartless or whatevs, doesn't Amy's management team have a vested interest in keeping her alive, if only so she she can work and earn them more money?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

I too am mystified Nosy - I don't understand, when even the barest glimpse in to her life makes it clear she is death walking. Why is someone not doing anything?

I suppose that it is kind of a viscious cycle. It requires a certain type of "someones" to be surounded by to land you where she is, and if all you have is those same "someones" it's not like they are going to be much help in pulling you out.

I believe we call it the Law of Lohan.

Posted by: LTL1 | November 6, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of... LuvLinsey we miss you :)

Posted by: LTL1 | November 6, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

LTL, I fear you are right, although I know we both wish otherwise.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

LTL, I meant re the Law of Lohan.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

I am so surprised and sad (a relative and 25-year partner will not be able to elope to Palm Springs now) at California's decision.

I wonder if if the fact that one had to vote AGAINST the Proposition if they were FOR the concept had anything to do with the outcome.

Oh, and Mr Sulu, please return the toaster.

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 6, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Mudge and sjcpeach, I too am saddened by California's Prop. 8 victory, although Gloria Allred has already filed suit to get it overturned, so it could be tied up in courts for a long time. I worry whether the marriage of dear friends who wed in WeHo this summer will continue to be legally recognized, or be retroactively annulled.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

why on earth would Brit want to remind everybody of when she lived in dysfunction junction?

and

is this a sign that JT has jumped the shark?

Posted by: dablues | November 6, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

We have a new contender for Comment of the Week. Excellent snark, Byool'.
----------------------------------------------

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 6, 2008 8:30 AM

-------------------------------------------

My candidate for the working title of the Danny Bonaduce hook-up shows is:

"Who Wants To Be a Bonaduce Bag?"

-------------------------------------------
I wonder how many of Michael Crichton's 5 wives will be at the funeral. I understand that he was trying to take the multiple marriage title away from Mickey Rooney, but ran out of time.

Disparaging remark about the Lindbergh baby is incorporated by reference.

-------------------------------------------
"Charlie Sheen's rep denies tabloid lap dance reports."

Liz, is a tabloid lap dance shorter than a broadsheet lap dance?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 6, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

You know, I was thinking (I try not to do that but it sometimes happens anyway). The Lindbergh baby reference is NOT in the Lizard Lexicon. I hereby move that it be added.

Posted by: epjd | November 6, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Hey all, for those who are upset about Prop 8 there is a simple explanation (it wasn't the wording with the for or against being a problem, although that has certainly happened in the past). Those in favor of 8 and banning gay marriage ran a stunningly cynical and misleading campaign that said continuing to allow gay marriage meant it would be "taught" to kindergarteners and first graders in schools and that churches would lose their tax free status if they refused to perform gay weddings. Neither of which is true, but it very effectively freaked out anyone who didn't do their due diligence on the propositions (and a lot of people don't), unnerved the "so long as it doesn't affect me" constituents, and considering the voter turnout for this election...well, there you go. It was still close, and I think it will be found to be unconstitutional when the dust settles, but still, very disappointing.

Charlie Sheen has absolutely zero credibility when denying anything related to sex. The guy is a stank.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 6, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

"Is there something in the water or are all those celebs seeing the same baby doctor?"

Yes, it's called fertility treatment.

RIP Michael Crichton; loved The Terminal Man, The Andromeda Strain and Travels. And ER of course.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 6, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, I'm sure you're right.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

While eulogizing Crichton, remember that he also pooh-poohed global warming.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Nosy. I hope so. It's really frustrating when people fall for the straw man. One example they used was a group of first graders in San Francisco who attended their teacher's lesbian wedding, making it sound like it was compulsory, and neglecting to point out that like all "field trips" the children's parents all signed permission slips and/or attended along with them.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 6, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, don't forget the red herrings, either.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Being part cat, can't forget red herrings. Or in this case, red whales. ;-)

I was a big fan of Crighton's until that global warming book. Very disappointing that a brilliant scientific and creative mind would summarily dismiss the findings of his peers and use his commercial popularity to do it.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 6, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Oops, I meant "Crichton" of course.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 6, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

From the Newsweek post-election report:

At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her. After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.

-------------------------------------------
Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter need to have their Boys' Club memberships revoked for not capturing images of the barely-clothed Sarah Palin on their cell phones and selling the images to OMG!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 6, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

'Squatch, I have a feeling such an activity would sorely test how "laconic" Todd really is.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 6, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Sas' I've got a bone to pick with you regarding today's chat. Is there something wrong with being young and/or putting Scarlet Johansson at the top of my list? And for the record, Halle Berry is on my list as well.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 6, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, Producer Paul spoiled the self-disparaging humor of my complaint about ScarJo sppearing in bikinis by refusing to link to the jpg of Halle Berry. Here is is:

FWIW, ScarJo is on my list, along with
Halle Berry and Kate Winslet. The Olsen twins are NOT on my list. Lance Armstrong can or Jon Mayer have them.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 6, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

methinks, great call on Rahm looking like a cross between Alan Arkin and RDJ--spot on!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 6, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Alan Arkin, or his son Adam?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

It's now that time of the day where someone needs to fill hodie in.

Please explain the references to Lindburgh's baby.

Didn't know about Crichton's views on global warming, what book was that? Suprised that anyone with an ounce of scientific knowlege would not believe in global warming. But then again he did bring us ER which is total medical fiction not based much on scientific fact.

Posted by: hodie | November 6, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

hodie: "State of Fear" (2004)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Hodie, the Lindberg baby is a reference to a particularly tasteless remark that Byoolin made on the subject. Someone got offended and pointed out the Lindbergh baby died. It is now shorthand for acknowledging that any snark is particularly tasteless.

As for Crichton and his book State of Fear, he pointed out -- with citations -- that global warming is based on hypothesis and computer models. Said models have been proven wrong in the past, so there is no reason to believe they will believe accurate in the future. Please also look around the news lately where it is being pointed out that global warming ended almost ten years ago and we are entering a period of global cooling. These are respectable scientists pointing this out, not right wing anti-environmentalists.

Posted by: epjd | November 6, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Hodie: the Lindbergh baby story goes like this.

In the March 27 Morning Mix (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/celebritology/2008/03/morning_mix_anna_nicoles_passp.html
), Liz Kelly wrote that offers topped $10M for pix of Brangelina's twins.

So I posted this:

Wow, if pictures of the Brangebrats are worth $10M, imagine how much the kids themselves would be worth.

Anyone have Bruno Richard Hauptmann's phone number?

Posted by: byoolin | March 27, 2008 9:09 AM

To which someone else posted this:

byoolin, that is over the line. The Lindbergh baby was killed.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 27, 2008 9:24 AM

So now, any time we get tasteless, The Lindbergh Baby Died.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 6, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Hodie,

The first known Celebritology reference to the Lindbergh baby was made by Sir Byoolin when he made a particularly macabre joke, then enphasized the unfair nature of life and opportunities for snarkiness that such unfairness brings by writing,
"And the Lindbergh baby died."

Even since, when a Lizard makes a particularly macabre observation, someone usually punctuates the observation with a reference to the Lindbergh baby.

Description of me as a self-important blowhard goober incorporated by reference to Jezebel comment on afternoon Winehouse entry.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 6, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, what EP said.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 6, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Fine, let's let EVERYONE tell Hodie his or her version of the Lindbergh baby story.

(I echo Sas' similar stipulation in re my blowhardiness/tiresomeness.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 6, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Opposing view: "Science Panel Calls Global Warming 'Unequivocal'":

PARIS, Feb. 2 [2007] — In a grim and powerful assessment of the future of the planet, the leading international network of climate scientists has concluded for the first time that global warming is "unequivocal" and that human activity is the main driver, "very likely" causing most of the rise in temperatures since 1950...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Nosy: yes, that was supposed to say Adam Arkin, not Alan Arkin which is why I now understand why Liz almost gagged at thinking it said Alan Alda. (Follow that?)

Sorcerer's_cat: I saw that pic of Rahm & Obama the other day and thought, "Isn't RDJ in London filming that Sherlock Holmes movie?"

Belly up to the bar fellas and let me tell you about the Lindbergh baby and guy called 'byoolin'...

Posted by: pras40 | November 6, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

'A' guy called byoolin...'A' guy!
durn. hate it when i don't proofread.

Posted by: pras40 | November 6, 2008 4:21 PM | Report abuse

pras40, I follow perfectly.

(You're methinks, right?)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Wow, thanks everyone. I have been thoroughly educated!

and Sas, wear that title of self-important blowhard goober as a badge of honor but I really don't think of you that way.

Posted by: hodie | November 6, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Son Adam Arkin has a lovely head of prematurely gray hair, whereas dad Alan is, shall we say, follicly (follically?) challenged.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 6, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

In an aside, from the chat today,

Quatch's comment came from you right Sas?

Posted by: LTL1 | November 6, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

ep, the only thing I will say about global warming is that if you think it's over you obviously haven't spent a recent summer in Texas.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 6, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Maybe ep has not Dorkus, but I bet Dallas Austin from this morning picture has spent some time in Tehas.

LTL realizes that was pretty dumb and that it is time to go back to quietly lurking again...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 6, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Apparently Dallas Austin is from Atlanta, Georgia, which puts him in the same "From Texas" category as our soon to be gone 43rd president.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 6, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Liz,

Shall I send you the most recent version of the Glossary of Terms?

VTY