Posted at 6:58 AM ET, 11/17/2008

Morning Mix: Lindsay Lohan Floured by Anti-fur Activist

By Liz Kelly
Monday

Headlines: Lindsay Lohan doused with flour by anti-fur activist| Pix | Samantha Ronson mad-blogs: "I think there are plenty of families that could have used that flour for a meal."... Jennifer Hudson thanks fans for support... Jamie Foxx chiseled teeth for new movie role... Helen Mirren inserts foot in mouth... Prince goes door-to-door for Jehovah's Witnesses... Madonna asks fans to donate to Malawi school she hopes to build... Comedian Wanda Sykes says she's "proud" to be gay... Snoop Dogg's California neighborhood evacuated ahead of wildfire... Nia Vardalos adopts toddler... Charlize Theron named U.N. messenger of peace.

Video: Justin Timberlake + 'SNL' = Good

Crime Watch: Kanye West reportedly arrested after scuffle with photographer in London; denies assault... Suge Knight charged with drug possession, battery.

Rumor Mill: Paula Abdul fears dead stalker's ghost; planning 'Idol' exit?... Elle Macpherson dating MSNBC's Dan Abrams?... Britney Spears backs out of movie role.

Say What?
"I shave and groom my private areas. It's a better presentation for me. If men require women to go through the pain, we should return the favor." -- Far too much information from Sean "Diddy" Combs (second item)

By Liz Kelly  | November 17, 2008; 6:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Who Fascinates You the Most?
Next: Comment Box: Senator Olsen Twin?

Comments

Well that bit from P Diddy sure puts a new spin on Sean Diddy Combs, now doesn't it?

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 17, 2008 7:52 AM | Report abuse

I'm with SamRo: There are plenty of families that could have used that flour for a meal; in fact, this Thanksgiving I was planning to make my delicious recipe for LiLo and gravy.

When I read "Helen Mirren inserts foot in mouth," my first thought was to hope she was wearing that red bikini at the time.

Prince goes door-to-door for Jehovah's Witnesses, making that the first time anyone's ever been excited to have them at the door. In fact, Prince had to ask people, "Let's Not Go Crazy."

Snoop Dogg's California neighborhood evacuated ahead of wildfire - and firemen get there just a few minutes late and need to order 200 pizzas shortly afterward.

And so Sean Combs invents another nickname for himself: Pube Diddy.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 17, 2008 7:59 AM | Report abuse

I didn't realize his full name was Jamie Foxx, DDS.

I'm sure if Helen Mirren had said those things in a bathing suit, no one would've paid attention to the words.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 17, 2008 8:02 AM | Report abuse

"Prince goes door-to-door for Jehovah's Witnesses"]

The big difference between Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians is that the Watchtower Society's central core creed proclaims Jesus second coming in October 1914.
They sometimes try to obscure this failed prophecy,and say that he came 'invisibly'.Yes,all other Christains are awaiting Jesus return,the JW say he ALREADY came back in 1914 and is only working through their Watchtower society.

Posted by: jehovahinfo | November 17, 2008 8:22 AM | Report abuse

Oh, Liz. I have tears streaming down my face from the SNL skit. Thanks.

Posted by: aesully | November 17, 2008 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Just when you thought Madonna couldn't get any tackier. Does she really need to ask fans for cash donations when she's already fleecing them with concert ticket prices?

================================
================================
hahahahhahahahahhahahahah! Best Monday morning comment evah!

Posted by: jelo | November 17, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

OMG, that video has made my Monday... Thanks!

Posted by: peepmonger | November 17, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Oh Dame Helen, don't talk, just wear bikinis.

Prince is a Jehovah's Witness? This gives Purple Rain a completely new meaning now.

Said a rep for Ms. Abdul, "There's no issue with spirits." Well, unless you counts the vodka, tequila, whiskey, Scotch, rum...

Not to get too graphic here, but Diddy, if your grooming is causing you pain, I think you might be doing something wrong.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

byoolin and I clearly think alike about Helen (Does the "Calendar Girls" DVD come with extras? Anyone know?). Dorkus, good one re: Diddy. (Ouch!)

Speaking of shaving, Justin Timberlake could use a razor stat. I can't decide about that SNL skit. On one hand, Beyonce is a good sport (she's certainly no actress) and Paul Rudd always looks like he's having fun.

But Justin? You're not as funny as you think you are, pal. The mincing dancer bit won't win you any props either. Yes, you are in good shape, but one day you may have kids who will be humiliated by that video (well, that and the overrated "box" video). Sometimes? Just say no. Thank me later.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 17, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Timberlake should be a SNL cast member at this point. That video is hilarious.

Diddy has officially jumped the shark and managed to raise the bar in TMI territory.

Posted by: petalceleb | November 17, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Britney Spears was going to play the Virgin Mary?! That ship has sailed (speaking of Justin Timberlake). Bad, bad, BAD idea.

Ordinarily at this point I would throw in a bad pun along the lines of how she was going to sing the movie theme song, "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet the Mother of Our Lord" -- but since lightning may strike if I did that, I won't.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 17, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Speaking of SNL, for anyone who missed this Saturday's "Weekend Update," Seth Myers commented re Babs' selections that they indicate that apparently "she's easily fascinated." Celebritology chatters drew a similar conclusion on Friday.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Madonna first wanted to be Angelina, now she wants to be Oprah. With a side of Tom Cruise, since the school will teach Kabbalah.

SamRo has a point. If the anti-fur people are against eating meat too, they shouldn't be take food people CAN eat away from them.

Suge Knight arrested for drugs and assault. And in other stunningly obvious news, the sun rose in the East this morning.

Posted by: epjd | November 17, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Tomorrow's headline: Lindsay Lohan admitted to hospital to remove a large ball of dough from her sinuses.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 17, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

To be fair to the PETA people, they were using the all-white bleached flour that has no nutritional value to it. Now if they were using whole wheat flour, then I would be really upset with them.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I'm also proud that Wanda Sykes is gay. It makes heterosexuality much less scary.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 17, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Nosy's right, definitely check out SNL's Weekend Update. It was particularly timely for the discussions we had last week (is Seth Myers a Lizard?) He talked about the "easily fascinated" Baba, Madonna's quote about A-Rod stating that "Madonna has the heart of a hot woman inside the body of a velociraptor," and more Justin Timberlake. IMO, his spot on the Weekend Update was funnier than the Beyonce sketch and he even made fun of the old "...in a box" sketch. It almost redeemed the rest of the show...including Beyonce's metal hand.

Posted by: eet7e | November 17, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Kudos to Nia Vardalos and her husband for adopting. Way to go, hon!

Time for "My Big Fat Greek Baptism"! (Is that Windex I see in the font?)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 17, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Man, I really do love JT on SNL these days, though I don't like him anywhere else.

It's not so much that he's extraordinarily funny - it's the meta joke. Because you know as he's doing these skits, he's probably pulling on his years of boy-band-dom...

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | November 17, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

"Hey, Chasmosaur, don't forget JT was on the Mickey Mouse Club, so he knows how to handle poorly written jokes and lame gags." - DorkusMaximus

Hey is that anyway to talk about his dating Britney Spears?

Posted by: epjd | November 17, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

I heart Paul Rudd. That is all.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | November 17, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Kudos to Nia and Charlize. Best wishes to Wanda on her marriage. Ongoing condolences to Jennifer, whose family has suffered terribly.

Paula, it's a tragedy about the suicide of your disturbed stalker, but worry not, because there's no such thing as ghosts (just hallucinations in your head).

Lindsay, Samantha, Jamie, Dame Helen, Diddy:
STFU. STFU. STFU. STFU. STFU.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Ordinarily I don't go for activists throwing things at people (It's all good fun until someone loses an eye) but in the case of the flour bomb on Lindsay Lohan, I'll make an exception.

I thought the Beyonce skit was pretty funny and I applaud JT for being willing to potentially humiliate himself...I mean beyond having been in a highly successful boy band and being Britney's first love.

Dame Helen's comments don't work for me whether she's wearing a track suit or a bathing suit. Someone needs to pull her aside and tell her to shut her yap.

Posted by: pras40 | November 17, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Madonna?

Go pay to build your own school, skank.

Regards,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 17, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

So, Pube Diddy (thanks, byoo) shaves AND grooms?

Hmmm. I wonder how one grooms . . . nevermind.

Best wishes,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 17, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

(True story)

Elias did work once with a blood relative of Bruno Hauptmann. She never mentioned the baby though...

Posted by: elias_howe | November 17, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Who does that baby-snatching, media-hog Nia Vardalos think she is, anyway?? Can I get a Amen, Amelia?

Posted by: WDC2 | November 17, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

One can only imagine how a conversation like that might have gone (works best if EH has a voice like Stewie from Family Guy):

EH: So...

BLOOD RELATIVE OF BRUNO RICHARD HAUPTMANN:

EH: ... got any, uh, y'know, uh... mementos?

BROBRH:

EH: Model airplane, maybe? Little teeny shoes?

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 17, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

In defense of Helen Mirren (she of the photoshopped bikini pix), rape victims historically have been treated poorly both by law enforcement and the courts. This is what makes rape the most under-reported crime. Even now.

Cut the Dame some slack.

Best wishes,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 17, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

"little teeny shoes"??

BWAHAhahahahahahahahah.

Sincerely,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 17, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

I'm a bit on the fence about Mirren. Her comments seem to support "blame the victim" mentality, but I'd be careful about projecting our cultural standards onto another. From what I've read about rape/sexual assault victims' rights in the U.K., they are still operating with that misogynist mindview that "she really wanted it so it isn't my fault." It isn't too much of a leap to expect that some jurors would have that mindset as well.

Posted by: jelo | November 17, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

jelo and Mudge make excellent points, namely that one shouldn't automatically shoot a messenger bearing bad news, in this case re alleged poor handling of rape cases in the UK. It's just that Dame Helen seems not to be condemning the system, or else is doing so with too much subtlety for my insufficiently caffeinated brain.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I had a few quips to throw in this morning but completely forgot what I was going to say after reading Diddy's comment. What on earth would make him offer up that comment to the public?....On second thought, I do not want to know! Pass the brain bleach, please.

Posted by: hodie | November 17, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back, hodie! Hope you enjoyed your Vegas peregrination. I fear certain celebs are convinced that their adoring fan base is eager to hear Every. Single. Detail. of their idol's life. The rest of us just recognize good snark-bait when we see it.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Tell me that picture of Daniel Day Lewis on the Diddy link is not really Buffy from Bosum Buddies.

Posted by: hodie | November 17, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Other possible conversation:

EH: Hey do you know a guy named Norman Schwarzkopf by any chance? His son is a famous general.

BRBRH: Ehhh, vat did you say?

Posted by: elias_howe | November 17, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Nosy. I'm just a little bit poorer but I did see Elvis! Glad Celebritology is here to help me through the first Monday back.

Posted by: hodie | November 17, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Thank you, thank you, Queen Liz!!! I crawled off to my lizard-nest Saturday night right after "Weekend Update" so missed the Beyoncé skit (on video above). In terms of willingness to mock herself or let herself be mocked on SNL, this ranks up there with the "Wayne's World" skit Madonna did, that is, a classic!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Why pelt Lindsay with flour? After all, she wasn't wearing a coat made of tortured, plaited wheat sheaves. She should be pelted with dingleberries. I'd be glad to contribute some.

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 17, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I'm afraid I don't see Dame Helen beating up the British legal system as much as she is beating up on those of her own gender. She says, in these comments, that she believes women go against women because they are culturally or genetically pre-disposed to do so. Her comments, below, hardly condemn the system. She also strongly implies that women jurors are unable to recognize/differentiate between rape and consensual sex. I think that's a pretty ignorant remark.

'Whether in a deep-seated animalistic way, going back billions of years, or from a sense of tribal jealousy or just antagonism, I don't know.
'But other women on a rape case would say she was asking for it. The only reason I can think of is that they're sexually jealous.'

Posted by: pras40 | November 17, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

RE: Helen Mirren and then I'll leave it be...
I love her work. She's a brilliant actress.

Posted by: pras40 | November 17, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Those PETA kids today just don't have the panache their elders did now do they?

Why back in MY day Lindsay would've gotten a good dousing in red paint or humanely acquired animal blood.

Buncha slackers, I tells ya!

You know, I'd LOVE to see the faces of the people who got awakened by Prince early on a Saturday mornings.

I've no snarky comment about it, I'd just like to be a fly on the wall at THAT door opening.

I don't know whether I'd be pissed off or in awe.

Maybe we could swap shoes because I know he's tiny so his feet can't be any bigger than a women's size 5 1/2. I'd sit through an hour of his Watchtowering to trade shoes with him.**lesigh** I'd even let him sing stuff from Under The Cherry Moon if he'd swap shoes!

Posted by: wadejg | November 17, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

What's with the celebs and TMI? Shut your pie-hole, please, Diddy or Puffy or whatever your name is. We don't need to know.

That said, ROFL from byoolin's comment!!

Like Madonna doesn't have enough dough of her own? That's pretty tacky asking FANS to donate. A fool and his/her money are soon parted.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 17, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of Jehovah's Witnesses, didn't the Jackson Family also belong? Imagine MJ showing up at your door proseletyzing, or Janet.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Helen Mirren might have been going too far back to try to figure out why women won't find a guilty verdict in a rape case, but seem to say "a woman was asking for it." It is flat out fear. If they believe that the woman was at fault in someway, the female juror never has to worry about being raped because SHE would never behave "that way."

Okay, onto happier topics. Elias did you at least ask her if the baby still died?

Posted by: epjd | November 17, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of MJ, he's currently embroiled in what I believe lawyers call "a wacky misunderstanding."

The son of the King of Bahrain is suing Michael Jackson, saying he "took $7 million (U.S.) as an advance on an album and an autobiography that he never produced.... Jackson claims the money was a gift."

(Here's a tip, Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa: next time, just get him what he really wants - a "Webster" lookalike.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 17, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

"Baby? what baby?"

Posted by: elias_howe | November 17, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

LTL unlurks long enough to ask - what's up with the ominous black screen that has replaced the SNL skit??? "Content Rejected" - rejected by whom???

In other news, my problem with Mz Mirren's comments is what ever their intention or meaning, they were suitably opaque enough that someone with half of a reasonable brain (which is about all we can ask for these days) could interpret it as either saying women are unwilling to convict a rapist or that date rape is not an easy conviction, neither message (whether a statement of fact or her opinion) is a good one for any person who's public statements are considered to have some value, ought to make (and by virtue of having been a victim of the same crime, her opinion does carry weight).

If it is truly a problem, she's not exactly offering what can be done to solve it, so all she is doing is adding to the problem, intent or no.

Posted by: LTL1 | November 17, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

My nominee for Dedicated versus Stupid award of the week goes to Jamie Foxx, who obviously doesn't trust the fine folks in the movie make-up and special effects department so he chiseled out a gap in his teeth.

Posted by: mdreader01 | November 17, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

If the PETA folks had really wanted to make a statement, they would have pelted LiLo with handfuls of P Diddy's private trimmings.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 17, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Samantha Ronson, the open question is whether Wanda Sykes would ever want you for a meal. I think Wanda has too much taste to have a taste for you.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 17, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Just read online that A-Rod was spied flirting in Miami with Kate Hudson! I fear Madonna could squash Kate like a little bug, but competition is always good.

I still think A-Rod could do better, though.

Posted by: 44west | November 17, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

I still think A-Rod could do better, though.

Posted by: 44west | November 17, 2008 3:15 PM

---------------------------------------------
I think I'd be happy with Kate Hudson. But I'm no A-Rod. A-Hole, yes. A-Rod, no.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 17, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sas,

Is Diddy Dong a regular contributor to PETA?

Maybe PETA would be against whatever Diiddy's doing down there. Fresh Meat Cruelty if you ask me.

Respectfully,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 17, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Like I keep telling you guys, Madge will end up with Lance Armstrong. Their stringy meat will match perfectly.

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 17, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

The working title for Nia Vardalos' next film is "My Big Fat Greek Brat"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 17, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Some should tell the UN that they used a homophone in designating Charlize Theron as a messenger of "peace."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 17, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Madonna + John Mayer?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

I think you are correct about Lance and Madonna.

She has cojones to spare if she's willing to share.

Love,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 17, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

I'd rather not think of Madge's cojones.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Cojones the name of Lourdes baby daddy?
Do you think Madge gestated her babies in some sort of pod-womb tank in the bathroom? Like the body snatchers? Combined with Lance's frozen sperm, the possibilities are endless.

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 17, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

What happened to the SNL vid? Black box says "Contents rejected. This video has been removed due to a breach in the Terms of Use."

Posted by: InChargeToo | November 17, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Eeeeeeewwwwwwww, possum_pouch!

I'm imagining a housefull of sinewy Lance/Madge clone kids with blank eyes and no thumbs.

Please pass me a Tiki Bar special asap - make it a double, barkeep.

Yours truly,