Posted at 7:57 AM ET, 11/11/2008

Morning Mix: Spears's Son Jayden James Released from Hospital

By Liz Kelly

Keith Urban and wife Nicole Kidman share a private moment at Monday evening's Glamour Women of the Year event in New York. (Reuters)

Tuesday

Headlines: Britney Spears's son Jayden hospitalized (and released) after treatment for "something he ingested"... Spears up for People's Choice Award for "How I Met Your Mother" cameos... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt up next for "HIMYM"... Obama daughters invited to appear on "Hannah Montana"... Brooke Smith's firing from "Grey's" is "disgusting," says erstwhile homophobe Isaiah Washington... Mickey Rourke apologizes for using anti-gay slur... Evan Rachel Wood says she's not dating Rourke... Will Smith to co-produce "Karate Kid" remake starring son Jaden... Lance Bass says he came back from Russian space training two inches shorter... Tim Robbins went to wrong polling place, say officials... Fan asked "Twilight" star Robert Pattinson to bite her; Pattinson causes "mini-riot" at San Francisco mall... Nude Daniel Radcliffe in "Equus" video leaked online... Salma Hayek says she's "addicted" to breastfeeding daughter Valentina... Celine Dion says son's hair is freakishly long because he doesn't want a haircut... Lauren Conrad tells newspaper she wants to keep her romantic life private... Michelle Monaghan gives birth to baby girl.

Pix: John Travolta ditches spray-on hair for movie role... Amy Winehouse serves cheese on toast to paparazzi camped outside her London home... Nicole Kidman shares pic of baby Sunday Rose with Oprah.

Crime Watch: Suspect in Hudson family slayings to stay in prison... Michelle Williams's father returning to U.S. to face tax evasion charges.

Rumor Mill: Madonna lays down rules for Guy Ritchie's visits with kids... Pink tangles with New Zealand TV reporter.

Video: Last night Jen Chaney took in a Kennedy Center performance by the band Previously on Lost, a band inspired by a certain TV show some of us may or may not watch:

By Liz Kelly  | November 11, 2008; 7:57 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: Have We Had Enough Hef?
Next: Beyonce's No 'Wonder Woman' (Yet)

Comments

No, no Jaden that's mommy drugs to keep her sane. Your vitamins are in the Flinstone bottle.

The question is not why is Isaih Washington still talking, but why is anyone asking him ANYTHING?

Yes, Robbins, you have to read the info on your voter registration card. Maybe if you voted more often instead of just acting like you care you would know this.

Maybe the Obama girls can be the next Disney children used and spit out by the Giant Mouse. You know, if that political thing doesn't work out for dad, the family will still have an income.

Posted by: epjd | November 11, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

The Booby Fairy was pretty kind to new mommy Nicole.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 11, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Danielle Radcliffe? Is Harry Potter a tranny now?

Posted by: weaselB | November 11, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Lauren Conrad says she wants to keep her relationship with Kyle Howard, (30, 5'9, Capricorn, actor in My Boys, who she's been dating for 2 months and 6 days and who she will be later lunching at Nobu with) private

Posted by: sjcpeach | November 11, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Celine, honey, good thing your 7-year-old wants to take a bath. Or you'd be walking around with that Addams family member - what was his name - Cousin It??

Hairy AND dirty, instead of just hairy.

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 11, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

One can only hope that the sentence “Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt up next for "HIMYM"” means they're staying awake past their usual bedtime to watch it.

Lance Bass, your mother says to stand up straight.

Weird. When I try to read whatever appears after the words “Salma Hayek,” I black out.

Rene-Charles Dion tells his mom, “My hair will go on.”

Least-wanted item on my Christmas gift wish list: “The Illustrated Amy Winehouse Cookbook.”

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 11, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

"Evan Rachel Wood says she's not dating Rourke..."

Because you don't want people to think you have strange taste in men.

Again I ask, why haven't they just canceled Grey's Anatomy? It seems as though we could then avoid all of these messes.

Lance, actually you grow in space due to the lack of gravity. I'm thinking you just wanted a reason to wear heels.

I'm not even going to make any comment about Salma Hayek, I'll let Sasquatch handle that one.

Way to be a good mother Celine, heaven forbid you lay down some boundaries. Of course when the kid's father is playing the role of the grandfather...

I didn't think Amy Winehouse could look any scarier, boy was I wrong.

Happy Veterans Day, especially to all of my friends who have served overseas in the last few years.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 11, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

I'm a little nauseated...that was some nasty looking thing holding cheese on toast.

AAAAAAAnd hide your tap shoes, every body! The spawn of Celine Dion looks like one scary bad seed.

Posted by: aesully | November 11, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse

"Danielle" Radcliffe?

Posted by: FantasticToe | November 11, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Selma Hayek: La Leche League centerfold.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 11, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

I'm not sure how that "Danielle" got in there. All is well now and Daniel's manhood has been restored.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | November 11, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Mmmm. Amy's Cheesie Dreamies. Baby mice add a nice crunch.

Also, I'll bet Britney has taken those kids out of K-fed's sight for the last time.

Posted by: possum_pouch | November 11, 2008 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Never thought I'd be defending Britney (LOL!), but I saw on TV last evening that apparently Jayden James simply developed hives from an allergic reaction to a food, most likely nothing life-threatening. So an ambulance might have been overkill, and then Brit would be catching flak for taking one out of service that someone else with a life-and-death condition might actually have needed. Some days a celeb can't seem to catch a break.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 11, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

He's the son of Celine Dion, can you really blame him for trying to grow his hair long enough to have a place to hide?

I can only imagine how many times the poor kid heard his mommy sing that DaneCook Titanic song while he was in the womb.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 11, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

John Travolta looks a tad like Anton LaVay. Creepy.

Posted by: jelo | November 11, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Why isn't Tim Robbins voting in local elections?

Posted by: MzFitz | November 11, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

hmmm... we describe a child as having 'freakishly' long hair - but dont describe a plumber as being a 'skinhead' even if the shoe fits in more ways than one...

Letting her son grow his hair long, by his own decision, and do what he wants with it is one of the better parenting decisions i've seen a celeb make. I wouldn't have expected it from Celine though - perhaps she's less self-absorbed than I thought.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | November 11, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Rene-Charles needs to go to public school -- he'd come home Day 1 begging to make a quick stop at Hair Cuttery.

Are those Madonna "rules" for real? They aren't even consistent -- all natural clothes, macrobiotic food, drink only Kaballah water, but must use hand sanitizer? Isn't that stuff full of chemicals?

If it is legit, I see a real window for Guy to position himself as the "fun" parent -- toy guns, Wiis, candy, donuts and real children's literature for everyone! Yay!

Posted by: 44west | November 11, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Heincer on HIMYM. Are they trying to ruin my Monday nights?

I knew Travolta stopped using the hair in a can. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.

One of tomorrow's bits will surely be "Photogs rushed to hospital after being served by Amy Winehouse."

I want Robert Pattinson to comb his hair, the current style is not working for me.

From what I've heard that's the first time in a long while that the words "Madonna lays down for Guy" have been used in a sentence.

Posted by: petalceleb | November 11, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I hope that Guy Ritchie:

1. Takes the kids to a playground...

2. ...in Central Park (or at least near TomKat/Suri's perpetual paparazzi).

3. That he takes them to the Stage Deli and gets them Chopped Livers on Rye with onions and mayo and any flavor of Dr. Brown's soda they want. Starting, of course, with a Pastrami Knish.

4. When at home (because if he can't be photographed with them or introduce them to new people, where on earth is he gonna be?), he has them watch all his movies (except Swept Away), and he introduces them to the glory that are the NY Post and NY Times.

5. He heads to Urban Outfitters and buys them something outrageous and rayon.

6. He takes them to Spencer's and buys them some really foul prank toys (the type Spencer's is known for).

7. He never makes them wash their hands. Ever. Even after hanging on the pole on the subway.

8. He tells them he loves them very much, but Mommy is a scary control freak.

9. He takes them to some dead spots inside old buildings when Madonna is scheduled to call.

10. He not only reads David "Goodnight, Moon" and "Arm in Arm", but he also adds a good dose of those books about the farting dog.

****************

(Here's the original list of "Thou Shalt Nots")

1. Guy can't introduce the kids to any new friends.
2. He cannot be photographed with them.
3.They must eat a macrobiotic, vegetarian, organic diet and only drink Kabbalah water.
4.They are not allowed to read the news or watch TV/DVDs.
5. All their clothes must be 100 per cent natural.
6. Their toys must be spiritual and ethical.
7. Their hands must be cleaned with disinfectant spray.
8. Guy must not discuss break-up.
9. Madonna must be able to speak to them three times a day.
10. David must be read Madge's English Rose books at bedtime.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | November 11, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

When I was a kid, the spiritual and ethical toys tried to convert all my G.I. Joes. Luckily for me, my sister's Streetwalker Barbie corrupted them back to form.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 11, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Hey Chasmosaur1, I'll take a Pastrami Knish over here!

Posted by: jelo | November 11, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

if you didn't know it was john travolta, that bald guy with the goatee might look OK.

Posted by: dablues1 | November 11, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

11.Each child get his own super-size bag of cheestos.

Posted by: lisjaka2 | November 11, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Celine Dion's kid would rather look like mommy than daddy. Can you blame him?

Is that Madoona person for real?

Good one, MStreet1!

VTY

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | November 11, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

jelo:

*sigh* So would I. You just can't get good Pastrami in Western Wisconsin....

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | November 11, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Guy could create a board game based on parts of the "Sticky Sweet Tour". There's the ethical game right there.

Posted by: petalceleb | November 11, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

I gotta wait for my barely legal naked Daniel Radcliffe fix until 5:15PM when I'm home.....only 5 hours & 7 minutes to go!

Not that I'm counting or anything.

Travolta doesn't look bad IMHO. He should stick with that look all the time instead of those bad Beyonce-like pieces he's been wearing.

Posted by: wadejg | November 11, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

TMI, Salma, TMI, and you may want to see someone about your little fetish there. Celine, may I suggest remembering that you are the parent and it's your job to set rules and boundaries and accept parental authority? Guess we know who wears the pants in the Dion household (the kid). Perhaps the Kate Hudson household has the same problem, as her son looks like a girl with that hair.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 11, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

hey, everyone. Ditching one of the boring lectures at my conference in Vegas to ck email and of course get my Celebritology fix.

Madonna was just here. Passed on that one. Guy, make sure the kids know, what mommie doesn't know, can't hurt them.

Who would eat anything served to them by Amy Winehouse. Gag! I suddenly fee ill.

Well off to make my millions. See ya later

Posted by: hodie | November 11, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

That what we need, a Celebritology conference in Vegas.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 11, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Hodie, you went to Vegas and you are actually attending the conference? Except for checking in here, which is also kinda sad. You could be watching sad people lose their life savings at the craps table instead. Although, the World Championship of Poker just wrapped up. The winner is only 22. He doesn't know what to do with that kind of money. So, be a dear and help him out.

Posted by: epjd | November 11, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | November 11, 2008 3:07 PM

*******************************************

Maybe he could buy us an island?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 11, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

hodie went to Las Vegas, and all we got was a lousy email.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 11, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

hodie,

I didn't think anything in Vegas could be boring. In the name of Celebritology get out of that session immediately.

Posted by: petalceleb | November 11, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

re Madonna's rules

Might not be such a bad thing. I'm sure she didn't have those rules when she was growing up and look at what a freak she turned out to be.

Posted by: BigAlinMD | November 11, 2008 7:31 PM | Report abuse