Posted at 8:07 AM ET, 11/13/2008

Morning Mix: Aniston Tells Oprah She's Over Brangelina

By Liz Kelly

Photographers congregate outside Paula Abdul's house on Wednesday following news of the apparent suicide of a former 'American Idol' contestant nearby. (AP)

Thursday

Headlines: Woman found dead outside Paula Abdul's home was former "Idol" contestant, may have OD'd outside Abdul's house before... Jennifer Aniston opens up about reconciliation with estranged mom; tells Oprah she's over the whole Brangelina thing... Angelina Jolie hints that she may retire from acting... Rihanna cancels Indonesia concert amidst security concerns... William Shatner invites George Takei to appear on his (Shatner's) new talk show... Anne Hathaway's ex calls prison "intolerable"... Suge Knight sues Kanye West over lost earring... Jimi Hendrix drummer Mitch Mitchell found dead in hotel room.

Pix: How many sizes too big are these boots for Lindsay Lohan?... Paris Hilton hits on heat lamp.

When Celebrities Attack: Brad Garrett gets physical with a persistent paparazzo (some NSFW language):

Rumor Mill: Angelina Jolie's rep denies new pregnancy rumor... Obama daughters may not be headed to "Hannah Montana" set after all... NBC axes Brooke Shields, Christian Slater shows... Will George Clooney make "ER" cameo before series finale?... Sarah Palin sought for "Desperate Housewives" appearance?

Say What?
"Has the heart of a poet trapped inside an insanely gorgeous body." -- Madonna's supposed take on rumored boyfriend Alex Rodriguez.

"We go in the hot tub in our Christmas bikinis, then roll in the fresh snow and jump back in the tub." -- Mariah Carey opens up about how she and her girlfriends celebrate the holidays.

Chat Day: Block off the 2 o'clock hour for this week's Celebritology Live discussion.

By Liz Kelly  | November 13, 2008; 8:07 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sick Day: Contemplating Celebrity Care
Next: The Madge-o-Lator: Making Snappy Sausage from the Scraps of Madonna's Relationships

Comments

Simon Cowell on the dead woman found outside Paula Abdul's home: "That was the *WORST* suicide I have ever seen. Pathetic."

A William Shatner talk show? Frank Caliendo must have wet his pants when he heard about this.

Anne Hathaway's ex calls prison "intolerable"...

R.I.P., Mitch Mitchell.

"Has the heart of a poet trapped inside an insanely gorgeous body" sounds more like Madonna's wish for herself.

I wish I could be at Mariah Carey's house at Christmas. There's hardly ever any snow where I live.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 13, 2008 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Whoopsie. Left one unfinished there.

Anne Hathaway's ex calls prison "intolerable" - offers to trade spots with Blake Fielder-Civil, who seems to be find the conditions of his incarceration more comfortable.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 13, 2008 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Liz, according to my soaked monitor, you earned caption of the week for that Paris Hilton photo.

Posted by: MzFitz | November 13, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Anne Hathaway's ex calls prison "intolerable"

REALLY?!? I am shocked. I guess I'll cancel my reservations...

Posted by: VaLGaL | November 13, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Looks like Paris finally found a date that's as bright as herself (although it is skinnier than Paris, so that might cause some trouble down the road).

I was soooo hoping Lilo's "boots" was a metaphor.

I had no idea prison was meant to be a fun experience.

Really, Angelina may retire from acting? And deprive us of more great films like...hang on it'll come to me...

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 13, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Anyone else thinking that the picture of Angelina Jolie looked kinda like Madonna at first glance?

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | November 13, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Chasmosaur. It really looks like a creepy hybrid of Angelina and Madonna. All women should take note: a middle part looks attractive on no one. Jen, I'm looking at you, too.

Posted by: aesully | November 13, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

At first read I thought poor Nick, the things he has to do for cash. I completely missed the part about her girlfriends.

The fact that the deceased was a huge fan of Paula's should have given her family enough cause to get her help, maybe even have her committed for a bit.

That's interesting that prison is intolerable for Anne's ex. I've read that the place is an absolute delight. Why just look at an episode of Oz. Hang in there dude, it'll get better.

Posted by: petalceleb | November 13, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Yea! More intrigue and drama and stories on that timeless romantic love triangle. I can't wait to hear what Jenn and Angleina have to say next!! That they're both sick of pretty boy and hooking up with each other??

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 13, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

We've been Gooped again!

Posted by: Liz Kelly | November 13, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

That they're both sick of pretty boy and hooking up with each other??

Posted by: Amelia5 | November 13, 2008 9:35 AM

*******************************************

Now that might be interesting.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 13, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Wow, it's not even 10 o'clock and we're off with some high-quality snark. Bravo, early posters.

First Obama-inspired mp3s, now offers to the girls to appear on "Hannah Montana"? If I were Malia and Sasha, I'd bag any cable offers and aim for a good solid TV hour (43 minutes) of jumping on Oprah's couch.

Paris Hilton almost looks sexy. Lamps must really turn her on.

Hey NBC, good move cancelling the Brooke Shiels and Christian Slater shows -- now put them in a new one TOGETHER! Throw in some of his Jack Nicholson impressions, the humor she did in that funnyordie Playground Tales video. I smell Emmy (no ratings, but Emmy).

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 13, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

"our Christmas bikinis" That is hella funny. Does this woman ever open her mouth and NOT sound like a ditzy 13-year-old?

Posted by: jaybbub | November 13, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

I just noticed that both the Obama/"Hannah Montana" and Palin/"Desperate Housewives" are from Disney-related shows. Maybe I'm naive, but if you want to put a famous person in a Disney environment, I'd rather see. . . .

* Gary Busey on Main Street at the Magic Kingdown telling Cinderella he's going to pull out her endocrine system.
* Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie having a smackdown on "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" because Zack is Team Jen and Cody is pro-Angelina.
* "Toy Story: 3" welcomes the Jackson Five to Andy's house but Michael refuses to join his siblings -- and secretly, Andy's mom is glad.
* Mickey Mouse telling Oprah she can't come into Epcot because it's after hours and it's not like he needs her money anyway.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 13, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Jen doll, if you're over Brangelina, stop talking about it.

Angelina, trying anything to keep herself in the media. Didn't she promise to retire awhile ago and just be a mom or something?

I used to admire Madonna ... now she's just kinda pathetic.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 13, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

------------
Oh byoolin, that's why we love you so!

Posted by: pras40 | November 13, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

In the picture of Angelina that goes w/the story, where are her shoes? It looks like they've been photo shopped out and she's got plastic Barbie doll feet. Weird.

Posted by: pras40 | November 13, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Knight requests that the earring either be returned or replaced, as he has been "deprived of the use and enjoyment of the earring" since the August 2005 incident.

and earlier in the article:

"It was reasonably foreseeable to defendants that the party would present a dangerous environment with the possibility of weapons (including firearms) being used by or against party guests given the well-known feuds that have at times pitched East Coast rap and hip-hop stars against West Coast rap and hip-hop stars, some of whom would be attending the party with their associates," the suit reads, adding that "certain hip-hop artists who were invited to the party ... were known not to be friendly to Mr. Knight."

To sum (ep now that you are all for reals and stuff you could prolly do this better, but I'll give it my best)...

Suge would like Kanye to give him lots of toys because Kanye let other kids, that didn't like Suge, play in his sandbox during recess and he shoulda known that they didn't like Suge and shoulda not let them play in the sandbox because everything should always be about making sure Suge is happy. Like, besides, when they played somebody blew a spit ball and Suge got hit, making him cry, which totally embarrassed him in front of all the girls watching, and one of his teeth got knocked out and somebody else stole it so that they could get money from the toothfairy and Suge wanted the money from the toothfairy and it's not FAIR (said with stomping foot, crossed arms and pouty lip).

Posted by: LTL1 | November 13, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Said of course in the most gangsta-ish of voices with a very threatening and "barely leashed violence" sort of game face on...

Posted by: LTL1 | November 13, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Uh Suge....we've been deprived of the use and enjoyment of Biggie Smalls and Tupac for longer, do you see any of us suing you?-LTL

******************************************

That caused a little bit of water to shoot out my nose.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 13, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Lilo's shoes would be good for shoplifting.

Posted by: kirstenpaulson | November 13, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin writes:

----------------------------------------------
It makes me wonder how Simon Cowell would have rated the demise of the Lindbergh baby.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 13, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Suge Knight's mellowing in his old age. It wasn't very long ago that he was arrested - with a knife in his hand, mind you - while beating up his naked girlfriend in the street.

And it wasn't very long after that that said naked girlfriend disappeared.

(http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/oct/31/victims-gift-vip/)

Maybe Suge's mellowing. Or maybe he just couldn't figure out a relatively quiet way to make Kanye disappear...

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 13, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin writes:

----------------------------------------------

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 13, 2008 11:13 AM

****

(Of which Randy Jackson said, "Dawg. You didn't need to kill the baby, dawg.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 13, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

LTL,
As I was reading that I heard the voice of Tracy Jordan from 30 Rock in my head.

Posted by: dablues1 | November 13, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

I think Suge might have a contributory negligence problem. It sounds like he knew the party might not be exactly holding hands and singing kumbaya. If you are aware of a dangerous situation and enter it anyway, you are at fault too.

Of course, can you imaging a jury trying to decide who is more annoying -- Suge Knight or Kanye West? Plus, this is over an EARRING. Call me old fashioned but one guy should not be suing another guy over ear jewlery.

I second the, Jen if you are over it, shut up. Even if asked the question, just don't answer. Or say, "that's old news, let's move on."

Even if Angelina retires from acting we will still see here everywhere because without the spotlight, she will wither up further and then blow away. Wait, why is that a bad thing?

Posted by: epjd | November 13, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Yeah pras40 I noticed that too. If you look closely, you can see that she is wearing a foot colored shoe with open toes. I think it's one of those heel-less heels. I guess it works for walking on the beach, but it looks hella uncomfortable....just google heel less heels and you can see some pics.

Posted by: VaLGaL | November 13, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

"Call me old fashioned but one guy should not be suing another guy over ear jewelery."

So, EP,JD,Esq., what *other* degrees will you be pursuing?

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 13, 2008 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Byool, perhaps EP is not pursuing a career in criminal law. For all we know, EP could be an ambulance chase...errr....a personal injury attorney.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 13, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

If water shot out of dorkus' nose my day is complete...

LTL - OUT!

Posted by: LTL1 | November 13, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

OK I wasn't even married to Brad Pitt & I'M over the divorce!

Next time she's asked she should just say "He left me for Lara Croft. THAT IS ALL! CARRY ON!" & walk away in a huff.

Prison is intolerable. In other News of the Obvious, I'm STILL Bored @ Work even though my name isn't that anymore & water is wet.

THAT IS ALL!

CARRY ON!

Posted by: wadejg | November 13, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Anne Hathaway's ex thinks prison is intolerable. (He's complaining of rats and bad smells - well, he is in Brooklyn, after all.) He really shoulda thoughta the downsides before he started swindling people in the name of the Vatican. I'll bet he's eventually headed for someplace even less pleasant than prison.

Posted by: northgs | November 13, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Eliminations on the next season of American Idol are literal.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 13, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin, just because I don't think that one guy shouldn't be suing another over an earring doesn't mean there are not lots of other grounds to sue Kanye West. And other people less likely to get laughed out of court by the jury than Suge Knight.

Hey, for my first case, can it be a class action suit against Kanye West for existing? He knows he is annoying, yet continues to do exist anyway.

Posted by: epjd | November 13, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Val.Gal., thanks! I'm too much of a bumpkin to have ever heard of such a thing. Boy those are some ugly shoes.

Posted by: pras40 | November 13, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

"Simon Cowell on the dead woman found outside Paula Abdul's home: 'That was the *WORST* suicide I have ever seen. Pathetic.'" --byoolin1

"Eliminations on the next season of American Idol are literal." --MStreet1

Comments like these are why I love Celebritology.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 13, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Randy Jackson: "I'm sorry, Dawg, but you just didnt' make it with the voters."

Paula Abdul: "Whatever the vote, I'm still a big fan."

Simon Cowell: "The competition will be better without you."

Tony Soprano: "Take him out back."

["You Had a Bad Day" plays as loser is escorted offstage]

[Gunshots in background as video fades to black]

Posted by: angelos_peter | November 13, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Oh. My. God. Have you seen this?

Kanye West says he's 'voice of this generation'

LONDON – Kanye West is to music what Michael Jordan was to basketball — at least that's what West thinks, in his humble estimation.

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice," he said in an interview on Wednesday. "It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."

...And you know now when I'm on that stage and I look out and I say, 'What am I going to do with the rest of my life?' Like when does a real life start?' Because I have sacrificed real life to be a celebrity and to give this art to people, which is great. It is great that I was able to do that, I'm not trying to shun that in any way, but it's definitely a Catch-22 and it's bittersweet."

I am speechless.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 13, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

"I am speechless."

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 13, 2008 5:52 PM

******************************

Lucky for you then that Kayne is there to be your voice.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 13, 2008 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Okay, folks, it's time to assemble the information for EP's class action suit. She'll need to know how Kayne's existence has caused each of you substantive harm, and how many dineros it will take for reparation.

Either that or we pool our money to hire a guy with a bullhorn to stalk Kayne a la Michael Moore at public events. I think that the guy with the bullhorn should repeat, over and over, "Kayne, STFU!"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 13, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Some one feed that woman Angelina..Just saw changeling and she needs food for her scrawny hands and arms. Just keep adopting babies and get out of the limelight and look after them. She is kinda wacky and she and Madonna should be good friends.
And M. commenting on the stupid guy that thinks she is great is a laugh...she's 50 yrs old for god's sake!

Posted by: thebabe | November 16, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse