Posted at 7:02 AM ET, 12/ 1/2008

Morning Mix: A-Rod and Madonna Spotted in Miami, Mexico

By Liz Kelly

Madonna (left) and doppleganger Britney Spears perform in Mexico City and Germany, respectively. (Reuters/Getty Images)
Monday

Headlines: Alex Rodriguez spends Thanksgiving with his family and Madonna, then both A-Rod and Madge head to Mexico City... Rosie O'Donnell says she's done with variety shows... TomKat spend Thanksgiving with the Beckhams... Tom Cruise denies pressuring Amazon to stop selling book... Balthazar Getty spends Thanksgiving with Sienna Miller... Britney Spears gives so-so performance on Simon Cowell's U.K. show, celebrates birthday at London club (can anyone tell me who is on her t-shirt?)... Blake Fielder-Civil blames himself for introducing Amy Winehouse to drugs... Whitney Houston denies reuniting with ex Bobby Brown... Reese Witherspoon says she's strict about kids' Christmas presents, considers buying daughter Ava a horse... Courtney Love says doctor refused her gastric band surgery... Barbara Walters says "The View"-sters are one big happy family... Speidi not legally married (yet)... Leonardo DiCaprio selling Malibu estate for $9 million.

Pix: More Helen Mirren bathing suit pix surface... Beyonce, what?... a blue Katie Holmes.

Rumor Mill: Patrick Swayze's cancer reportedly spreads... Orlando Bloom not engaged to Victoria's Secret model Miranda Kerr, says rep... Jewels last in the possession of Winona Ryder go missing... "Three Men and a Baby" and "Police Academy" sequels in the works, says possibly hallucinatory Steve Guttenberg... Mary-Kate Olsen pregnant, according to tabloid... Guy Ritchie planning to open New York pub... Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Diddy practitioners of the latest in man-scaping?

Say What?
"Two guys in a bathroom stall -- it feels like the most important place in the whole world in that moment. I've actually gone into bathroom stalls with friends since I quit, just so I still have a little bit of that bonding." -- Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich, who really should meet George Michael, reminisces about his past cocaine habit.

Good Read
From Lindsay Lohan to Mike Tyson to assorted fading stars, celebs get special treatment in rehab. -- The New Yorker

---

Mark Your Calendars: Mighty Appetite blogger Kim O'Donnel and I will be on hand this Thursday evening, Dec. 4 from 6 - 8 p.m., for an official meet-and-greet at D.C.'s M Bar at the Renaissance M St Hotel. Come on out. We can't wait to meet you. (Facebookers: Details here.)

By Liz Kelly  | December 1, 2008; 7:02 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Your Hetero Celebrity Crush?
Next: Holiday Guide: Gift Ideas for the Non-Economically Challenged

Comments

Mary-Kate Olsen pregnant, according to tabloid...oh, false alarm, she just ate a grape.

Posted by: VaLGaL | December 1, 2008 8:16 AM | Report abuse

No mo Ro Live? Yes, Virginia and all the other 49 states plus the District of Columbia, there is a Santa Claus.

Posted by: pras40 | December 1, 2008 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Rosie O'Donnell says she's done with variety shows... like that was *her* decision.

Blake, you might have made the introduction, but Amy made the relationship.

Reese is so strict about presents that instead of a horse her daughter is going to get a pony.

Courtney Love's last band was gastric enough, thank you very much.

Barbara Walters says "The View"-sters are one big happy family... (This is the same Barbara Walters who finds Sarah Palin fascinating, right? Thought so.)

Beyonce models leftover props from the old "Star Trek: The Next Generation" tv series.

Proof that Mary-Kate Olsen is pregnant: she was overheard saying, "I'm eating for one now."

I can understand that Diddy would dye his pubes for vanity. Ben Stiller would do it for insecurity. Jack Black would do it just so he could rub himself with lotion.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 1, 2008 8:35 AM | Report abuse

Rosie, along with no more variety shows how's about no more: blogs, opinions, Exit to Eden, talk shows, talking...

How many Lizards want to be adopted by Reese Witherspoon just so they can have a pony? (By the by, my sister's boyfriend just bought a horse dirt cheap from the Bureau of Land Management.)

Someone needs to tell Beyonce that they are remaking the original Star Trek, not The Next Generation.

I was always disappointed they only made 7 Police Academy movies. Mahoney!!!

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 1, 2008 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Am I the only person who cheered -- LOUDLY -- when I saw the abysmal ratings for Rosie Live!? As much as I miss Carol Burnett, Sonny & Cher, et al, Rosie never could sing, and she's more abrasive than Comet. Good riddance. Go back to your typo-ridden blog.

As for the idea of "Betty for Men" for "down there," these guys obviously think a whole buncha people are going to be seeing them full monty, right? I mean, what's the point -- is it locker room vanity? Because if Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and/or Diddy are going to be doing full-on nude scenes in any upcoming movies, tell me so I can avoid them.

What is Guy Ritchie going to call his NY Pub? "The Cuddly Gristle"? "The Yankee Deserter"? "Lock, Stock, and Two Cigarette Machines"?

New Helen Mirbthing suit ren pix? SWEET! Let's click that link and say, "hellloooo Hellll- -- what the %%^$&? Who's been Photoshopping?"

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 1, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse

(Clearly I musta been drooling a little too much at the prospect of those Helen Mirren pix based on the atrocious spelling in that last paragraph.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 1, 2008 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Winona! Come back here this minute, not-so-young lady! May I remind you that you are not Sharon Stone. Sweetie, we didn't believe her with the loaner jewels from Harry Winston and we don't believe your hotel story. Return the bling now. I mean it! Do you hear me?

Otherwise, we'll have no other choice but to make you sit in your room watching an endless loop of "Girl Interrupted." Y'know, give you a chance to ponder your current career path relative to Brittany Murphy's and that other girl's -- what was her name again? Oh right, Angelina Jolie. I'm waiting!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 1, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Ba-da-BING: "Courtney Love's last band was gastric enough, thank you very much." --byoolin

Ba-da-BOOM: "Courtney Love doesn't need a band around her stomach, but a band around her mouth would be nice." --Dorkus

Well done, gentlemen!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 1, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Brittney and Madonna to appear in the "Who wore it better" section of People next month.

Granted interviewing the President-elect is a great honor, but the icing on top for Barbara must have been putting Rosie back in her place, again.

Posh shares her recipe for celery sticks.

Mary-Kate pregnant? Was she the one who wanted the boobs? Wish granted.

According to the article, most popular color for "down there" is hot pink. I now have a very bad picture in my mind of some of the clients listed. Brain bleach please!

Posted by: hodie | December 1, 2008 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Looks like Brit and Madge aught to team up to form a band called Velvet Revulsion.

Posted by: MStreet1 | December 1, 2008 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Looked like Patti Smith on the right on Britney's shirt. Couldn't quite place the one on the left.

Posted by: gmart68b | December 1, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Patti Smith and Mr. Titspervert in drag, probably.
And Beyonce reminds me of either a used-car lot or a car wash. I can't decide which.

Posted by: possum_pouch | December 1, 2008 10:15 AM | Report abuse

That looks like Mick Jagger on one side of Brit-Brit's tee, but I can't figure out who the other person is.

hehehe. byoolin and dorkus said "pony." hehehe.

sounds like we need to send some monday love to the Swayze...

Posted by: dablues1 | December 1, 2008 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Madonna Miami Concert = A-Rod family business in Miami

Madonna Mexico City Concert = A-Rod baseball business in Mexico City

Looks like her next concerts are in Argentina, Chile and Brazil -- what business could A-Rod have in any of those places, I wonder?

(Also, does this mean Madonna will be coincidently popping up in various AL cities this coming summer?)

Posted by: 44west | December 1, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Ugh. The Yankees play the Braves in Atlanta this summer. Hope this doesn't mean Madonna will show up at Turner Field.

Posted by: pras40 | December 1, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I saw Tom and Katie and Suri in Times Square on Friday. They were showing up for her play. I guess Tom couldn't afford a babysitter, so he came along.

I've got pictures of Katie's sunglasses and the back of Tom's head. Opening bid?

Posted by: yellojkt | December 1, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Guy Ritchie's opening a pub in New York? If nothing else that'll help the city's Mets vs. Yankees bar ratio.

Posted by: northgs | December 1, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Anybody else thinking Beyonce is on her way to becoming the next Michael Jackson (in terms of total weirdness)?

Posted by: rashibama | December 1, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 1, 2008 8:59 AM
===========
It'll be the "I'm Spying On My Ex-Wife Bar"

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 1, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

I read an article that Beyonce is going the metal route because of her new "personalty" Sasha Fierce. They have medication for that now.

Rosie couldn't be done with variety shows before she tried to foist an attempt of one on us? So glad I didn't bother to watch that abomination.

Looks like Winona took all her medication on the plane so there was none left for her London stay.

Speaking of ponies, anyone see the new Lexus commercial yet? Much better use of a pony for Christmas than that evil cell phone one from awhile back.

Posted by: epjd | December 1, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Okay, Lars, thanks for sharing. TMI!!!!

Perhaps Reese W. can share some of her objections to gluttony with the Cruises. A fur coat on a toddler?

Posted by: Californian11 | December 1, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

If Beyonce is going the metal route because of her new alter ego, might I suggest that lithium is the appropriate metal to go to?

Posted by: northgs | December 1, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Marianne Faithful and Mick Jagger on Brit's shirt....

Posted by: bravado42 | December 1, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Bah to Betty for Men, if they manscape properly there's no need for dyeing anything "down there."

Posted by: wadejg | December 1, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

"sounds like we need to send some monday love to the Swayze..."

You are right, dablues. Hey everyone, send it up for The Swayze! Things aren't sounding very good....

Posted by: jaybbub | December 1, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Wait a minute, didn't we all agree that the abomination of Spencer and Heidi would be called "Heincer" since "Speidi" just sounds too...cool...for them?

I really didn't need the mental pictures created by the manscaping story.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | December 1, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

methinks, if Madge accompanies A-Rod to Turner Field next season, consider it an opportunity. Half of the fans yell, "Yankees suck!" and the other half respond, "Madonna!"

About all those lusty thoughts I used to have about Helen Mirren.......what was I thinking?

I suspect that the pictures on Britney's tee shirts are pap shots of the last two men she did.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 1, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey Dorkus...

I want Reese Witherspoon to adopt me as her cabana boy!!!!

Posted by: brutal | December 1, 2008 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Hey Dorkus...

I want Reese Witherspoon to adopt me as her cabana boy!!!!

Posted by: brutal | December 1, 2008 3:13 PM

------------------------------------------

Brutal, would that make you the horse she rode in on?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 1, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Hey Dorkus...

I want Reese Witherspoon to adopt me as her cabana boy!!!!

Posted by: brutal | December 1, 2008 3:13 PM

------------------------------------------

Brutal, would that make you the horse she rode in on?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 1, 2008 3:31 PM

Why yes it would... and what a ride it would be!

Posted by: brutal | December 1, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Whitney Houston denies reuniting with Bobby Brown. Well, now that she's discovered that Blake Fielder-Civil is free....

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 1, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Oh yeah. Marianne Faithfull and Brit...two peas in a pod.
Who chokes on their own vomit anymore? Now it's retire and start a fish farm!!

Posted by: possum_pouch | December 1, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse