Posted at 8:13 AM ET, 12/12/2008

Morning Mix: Macaulay Culkin's Sister Killed

By Liz Kelly

Scarlett Johansson and Diana Ross (recently named one of the 15 most ridiculous women) share the stage at Thursday's Nobel Peace Prize concert in Oslo, Norway. (Getty Images)

Friday

Headlines: Heath Ledger nominated for posthumous Golden Globe (Full list of Nominees)... Ben Stiller replacing Mark Ruffalo in upcoming movie project; Ruffalo's "Brothers Bloom" release pushed back to May... Kate Walsh's husband files for divorce... Usher and wife welcome second son Naviyd Ely... Macaulay Culkin's sister struck and killed by car... Pete Wentz says there have been plenty of offers for pix of Bronx Mowgli... Iconic '50s pinup Bettie Page dead at 85... Another potential scandal for "Real Housewives of Atlanta's" NeNe.

Crime Watch: Restraining order issued for potential Tom Cruise stalker.

Rumor Mill: Michael Bolton "homeless" following split from Nicollette Sheridan... Khloe Kardashian airbrushed in PETA ad? (NSFW)... Paula Abdul set to double "Idol" salary?... Did Gwyneth Paltrow add some oomph to her goops?... Vince Vaughn convinces Canadian girlfriend (who knew?) to relocate to L.A.

Say What?
"I gotta sing, I gotta dance and I'm going to figure all that out." -- Tom Cruise, who is just wild to do a musical.

Happy Holidays from... Britney Spears:

Tarzan, Tonto and Frankenstein:

Just Because: Celebrities make budget-conscious fashion picks.

"Lost" Book Club: Join Jen Chaney and me today at 2 p.m. for a discussion of this month's selection, Jules Verne's "Mysterious Island." Bonus: We have a couple of sets of the "Lost" season 4 DVDs to give away.

By Liz Kelly  | December 12, 2008; 8:13 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celeb Psychology 101: Just What the Doctor Ordered
Next: Jennifer Aniston Has No Clothes

Comments

Liz-

I think its safe to remove that question mark from the Khloe Kardashian bit. There's no question about it.

RIP Bettie.

Posted by: jelo | December 12, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

I'm in a strangely good mood this morning so I don't have too much snark in me. However...

New York Post, if you are going to speculate on Gwyneth's curves, please actually try to provide some evidence so that we may judge for ourselves.

-Really, he's making it too easy today isn't he?

And thanks for the pic of ScarJo, it's gonna be a good day.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 12, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Now that they're both deceased, I hope that Bettie makes an effort to find the Limburger Baby and give him a holiday smooch.

Tearfully,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | December 12, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Tearfully,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | December 12, 2008 9:25 AM
-------------------------------
How cheesy.

Posted by: jelo | December 12, 2008 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Liz Taylor's quote from the 15 most ridiculous women link: "The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
--So true. So true.

Hold the door a minute. I thought Michael Bolton and Nicollette Sheridan split eons ago. Wasn't she spied playing tonsil hockey with David Spade recently (ewww!). Why is this news now?

Posted by: hodie | December 12, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

"Success is the best deodorant" - Elizabeth Taylor

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 12, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

The news, Hodie, is that Bolton left Connecticut and put his home up for sale, going in on a purchase with Sheridan. Now that Sheridan's kicked him to the curb, she wants him to still pay for his half of the house--but not live in it-- and he has no home to return to.

However, the home he's selling is $11 M, so he may be homeless, but he's not destitute. Not like Nene, who it looks like, may be both!

Looks like Sheridan's a serial dumper.

If Bolton is a serial fool, then there's an Atlanta housewife (or two) he should definitely check out....

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 12, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

I fear Kip Culkin may be crawling out of whatever woodwork he's been hiding in for the last several years.

Posted by: jes11 | December 12, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

So, the reward for a lifetime of groundbreaking work in the field of economics, physics, medicine or peace is having to watch Diana Ross hog the spotlight from ScarJo (and what appears to be Keanu Reaves off to the side -- amazing she can blot them both out)? Eh, I'll just settle for toiling in obscurity here.

Posted by: 44west | December 12, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Interesting juxtaposition of that "Mac's Sis Dead" hed with the pic of ScarJo and Diana celebrating, Liz Kelly.

"Plenty of offers," yes, if you count Pete standing at a bus stop handing out 8x10 color glossy photographs (with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, natch).

Cruise can defuse the stalker problem: put on his "Valkyrie" uniform and order the guy to stop. Full-bird Colonel in the Wehrmacht outranks mentally-ill enlisted man, right?

I got my Christmas present early: seeing in print the words "Michael Bolton 'homeless'."

That Khloe Kardashian picture is NSFW, but the person who posted it takes a gratuitous shot at one of us: "Now I know what Khloe Kardashian would look like if she stripped naked, was heavily altered to not look like Sasquatch and then jammed her finger in a light socket."

Vince Vaughn got lucky. Most Canadian women have better taste than that.

"I gotta sing, I gotta dance and I'm going to figure all that out." Uh-oh. I hope that smell isn't "Mission Impossible 4: The Musical."

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 12, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Kathleen Turner says, "I find the idea of today's icons being teenagers incredibly uninspiring." Amen sister!

Nice 'Alice's Restaurant' reference byoolin. Maybe Pete Wentz belongs on the Group D bench.

Posted by: jes11 | December 12, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Per Gwynnie:

There's a reason the Post didn't post pictures. Because it looks like pure BS.

Scroll down about halfway - the picture on the right shows that Ms. Paltrow is pretty much as waifish (though admittedly, looking nicely toned) as usual.

Besides, she has had a couple of kids - the Breast Fairy does change them during that process. And being styled by stylists with really good lighting and clothes - that can boost the girls a bit as well.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | December 12, 2008 10:21 AM | Report abuse

"I always wanted to do a musical, and I'm glad musicals are now back in vogue," says the self-proclaimed Sound of Music fan.

Again with Tom Cruise and the Nazis!

What's his fascination? He should've just filmed two movies at once while Germany still let him stay in the country. Do the "Valkyrie" thing on even days of the week and on the odd, remake "The Sound of Music."

Though the idea of Tom and Katie singing "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" is a bit of a stretch, it'd be worth it just to see who else he'd cast.

Me, I'd say make it a Scientology/family bonanza -- he's already got three of the seven kids accounted for. John Travolta and Lisa Marie Presley as Baron von Trapp and Maria.

Add the ex-wives -- Nicole Kidman as Fraulein Schraeder (though she might have a little trouble playing cold, ha ha I make myself laugh). And strap Mimi Rogers into a habit as the Mother Abbess.

Can Mimi sing? Doesn't matter -- no one would go see the movie anyway.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 12, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

I guess Michael Bolton is now singing, "WHERE am I supposed to live without you?"

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 12, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

td.....

Bravo.

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 12, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, thanks td. Somehow until your comment I did not have any Michael Bolton tunes running through my head.

Posted by: hodie | December 12, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 12, 2008 10:24 AM

Or pull in cast members with Sound of Music connections:

Angelina Jolie - Father - Jon Voight - once married to Lauren Peters - who appeared in original Broadway version (and was Tony nominated )of The Sound of Music

Seque into Brangelina brood & friends -the possibilities are endless....and the requisite Clooney connection is made.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 12, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Sheesh, such gratitude. Michael could've been singing, "Home is a Wonderful Thing" (do you hate me more now, hodie?). Every time I hear Bolton's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," I want to get the guy to a hernia specialist.

(For more scary MB news, check out his Wikipedia page. He did a Sinatra album? The mind reels.)

Yes, jezebel, Brangelina would certainly provide more children; nice idea. Clooney would make a great Max Detwiler.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 12, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Angelina Jolie - Father - Jon Voight - once married to Lauren Peters

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 12, 2008 10:52 AM

Correction: once married to Laurie Peters

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 12, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

It occurs to me that Kevin Bacon is sitting in a chair somewhere wondering, "What ever happened to six degrees of *me*?"

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 12, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 12, 2008 10:59 AM

And let's pull in Brangelina's exes! Gwynnie can sing! Juliet Lewis - a "rough trade" nun. Jennifer Aniston - a nun who never shuts up & can't keep her clothes on.
Billy Bob Thornton & Jonny Lee Miller as madcap Nazis.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 12, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 12, 2008 10:59 AM

I don't hate you td, just shooting the messenger. I've always imagined his singing as what it sounds like to have open abdominal surgery without anesthesia. Or someone just told him his puppy died.

If the Cruises do Sound of Music, maybe Katie can actually make the kids play clothes from their curtains. Can't be anyworse than the outfits we have already seen her design.

Posted by: hodie | December 12, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

If you're going to have Madcap Nazis (great name for a band, btw), you need to get Kenneth Mars to reprise his role from The Producers (the '68 original). And too bad the guys who played Sgt. Shultz & Col. Klink are 'tot' - they'd have fit right in, too.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 12, 2008 11:50 AM | Report abuse

And Juliet Lewis would be a cross-pollination since she's a $cientologist!!

Let's see, Giovanni Ribisi would make a better Nazi than Johnny Lee Miller.

Jason Lee is a $cientologist too, can we work him in there somehow? He can sorta sing but his greatest gift is he can grow a 'stache like nobody's business!

Posted by: wadejg | December 12, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 12, 2008 10:59 AM

Cough, please.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 12, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe no one has commented on Kate Walsh's husband filing for divorce. Not that there's much to say, but they've only been married a year and weren't they together for awhile before that?

Tom Cruise in a musical. When will the guy just come out already?

Posted by: Californian11 | December 12, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise in a musical. When will the guy just come out already?

Posted by: Californian11 | December 12, 2008 12:56 PM

I knew if I read through the posts, I would someone with the same thought as me!! Ha!!

Posted by: DLC1220 | December 12, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

------------------------------------------

Byoolin, does this make my butt look big? :-p

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 12, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 12, 2008 10:59 AM
=====
Another mind-reeling factoid about Michael Bolton: he had a heavy metal band that once opened for Ozzy Ozbourne.

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 12, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

I'd like inform you that Scarlett Johansson (actress)actually is a clone from original person,who has nothing with acting career.Clone was created illegally using stolen biomaterial.Original Scarlett Galabekian last name is nice, CHRISTIAN young lady.I'll tell more,those clones(it's not only 1)made in GERMANY-world leader manufacturer of humans clones,it's in Ludwigshafen am Rhein,Rhineland-Palatinate,Mr.Helmut Kohl home town.You can't even imaging the scale of the cloning activity.But warning,H.Kohl staff strictly controlling their clones spreading around the world,they're NAZI type disciplined and mind controlled,be careful get close with clones you will be controlled too.Original family didn't authorize any activity with stolen biomaterials,no matter what form it was created in,it's all need to be back to original family control in Cedars-Sinai MedicalCenter in LA.Controlling clones is US military operation.Original Scarlett never was engaged,by the way

Posted by: galabs2000 | December 13, 2008 12:18 AM | Report abuse