Posted at 6:54 AM ET, 12/22/2008

Morning Mix: Megan Fox Named 'Sexiest Woman' of 2008

By Liz Kelly
Monday

Headlines: "Transformers" star Megan Fox named sexiest woman in online poll... Rihanna to headline charity inaugural ball... Lisa Rinna to pose naked in Playboy... Ed McMahon has no plans to leave home facing foreclosure... "Real Housewives of New York's" Alex McCord penning parenting book.

Pix: Ghoulish Katie Holmes won't be accompanying husband Tom Cruise to Golden Globes.

Crime Watch: Paris Hilton robbed of $2 million in jewelry... Linda Hogan involved in car accident.

Rumor Mill: Michael Jackson needs lung transplant, according to U.K. tabloid... Britney Spears and Benji Madden not dating, says rep... Girlfriend Lindsay Lohan causes bump in Samantha Ronson's deejay gig fees... Guy Ritchie dating (Hugh Grant ex) Jemima Khan?... Kevin Federline dating beach volleyball player?... Madonna adopting another child from Malawi?... Mary-Kate Olsen loves recession sales.

By Liz Kelly  | December 22, 2008; 6:54 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: TV's Most Awesome Holiday Episodes
Next: Coming to Terms with Michael Jackson at 50

Comments

Another slooow news day.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 22, 2008 7:57 AM | Report abuse

Megan Fox? More proof I have suddenly gotten Way Too Old too quick. Googling her image was an uplifting morning experience but she wasn't hitherto on my radar.

Posted by: yellojkt | December 22, 2008 8:35 AM | Report abuse

I really don't need to see Lisa Rinna's lips in Playboy. Read that anyway you want.

Posted by: yellojkt | December 22, 2008 8:36 AM | Report abuse

I found it interesting comparing the men's sexiest list to the women's sexiest list.
There is definitely an age split on the guy's list, the women's list is a tad more forgiving of age.

Katie would rather finish her run on Broadway than be with Tom. Could this be her chance to finally escape?

If there was ever a guy to make K-Fed look less skeevy, it would probably be Benji Madden. Come on Britney, even you can do better than Paris Hilton's cast-offs.

What is with Michael Jackson's hair?

Also from the article,

"And a woman calling herself Billie Jean Jackson — who claims she is the star’s wife — is suing him for £700,000.

She insists she is the mother of his youngest child Prince Michael II and is demanding joint custody."

To which Jackson refuted by saying "Billie Jean is not my lover, she's just a girl who says that I am the one..."

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 8:48 AM | Report abuse

I think I feel sorrier than usual for Katie Holmes.

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 22, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Again I am sucked into the vortex that is the Daily Mail website. Thank Liz for not including the topless photo of Amy Winehouse.

Posted by: milesdy | December 22, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Katie has mercury poisoning. I hear that happens when movie and TV actors take on the rigors of Broadway.

Meanwhile, the AP movie critic savaged her husband's last film performance with gusto:

Posted by: 44west | December 22, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Mary-Kate, dumpster diving is not buying things on sale.

Posted by: epjd | December 22, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Guy Ritchie still into the sticky/sweet with new girlfriend, Jemima. Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah, Madonna.

Britney dating Benji a sign her teenage rebellious phase has yet to end? Britney, wake up and smell the coffee, sweetie. It's only a matter of time before a dog like Benji leaves you for the next be-atch in heat.

Lindsey causes bump in Sam's DJ fees. Well, DUH. Can anyone here say they have even heard of Samantha Ronson before she was hooked up with Lilo?

I'm quite suprised that someone like Mary-Kate Olsen even bothers to look at the pricetags. I'm enjoying the sales too but wonder how many business's will go under because they are giving their stuff away. Tough times.

Posted by: hodie | December 22, 2008 9:59 AM | Report abuse

I doubt the rumors about Michael Jackson are true. Doubt he could have become the singer he was with alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. Patients with that have debilitating pulmonary infections and are hospitalized frequently throughout their life and have poor pulm. function. Certainly not good enough to be a professional singer. More likely he suffered barotrauma from his hyperbaric chamber. An inadverdant but still self-inflicted condition.

Posted by: hodie | December 22, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Sure, it's a little slow in the news department now, but it will pick up next week with the onset of New Year's Eve parties, celebrity resolutions, and the immediate breaking of said resolutions. :)

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | December 22, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Oh btw, welcome back Queen Liz. Hope you had a nice vacation.

Posted by: epjd | December 22, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

*I think that photo of Katie Holmes was taken after watching 'Valkyrie'.

*Hmmm. Megan Fox? I don't think so.

*Catching up on my tv viewing from when I was out of town, I finally saw the Christmas episode of 30 Rock. Alec Baldwin was terrific. Hated that I missed his online chat but the transcript was good.

Posted by: pras40 | December 22, 2008 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Thanks EJ, good to be back.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | December 22, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | December 22, 2008 10:22 AM

Excellent!

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 22, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Just as I suspected. Women think Jennifer Aniston is sexier than men do.

Paris Hilton's home has security video equipment and a security guard, yet she keeps the doors unlocked. Why didn't Bush appoint this woman to head Homeland Security?

"Olsen ogled a $410 menorah and pillows and throws for her bed, but didn't buy them." Wow. She even shops like she eats.

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 22, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

hodie, not to knock your doc creds, but Jimmie Rodgers (the singing brakeman) was a pro singer with TB. Granted that was a long time ago, when recording the human voice was in its infancy, but still.

Also, my position on Jennifer Anniston (NOT!) is really well known. I didn't see any surprises in the men/women breakdown of "sexiest," except for names of people who are too young for me to know who they are...

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 22, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

PS Just re-read. "Linda Hogan IN a car accident." Originally thought it said "Linda Hogan IS a car accident..."

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 22, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

I would like to point out, in regards to the "sexiest" list that Angelina Jolie is nowhere to be found. On either list.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

reddragon, one can have latent (non-active) asymptomatic TB for years and years without it giving you any problems. That's why we have to get skin tested from time to time. You don't always know you have it. Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency leaves you nearly defenceless against any kind of pulmonary infection and these patients are constantly hospitalized for pneumonia and asthmatic symptoms. Totally different animal.

Posted by: hodie | December 22, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

hodie,

apologies. you rock.

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 22, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

td in baltimore,

wonder if you checked out these lists. Penelope Cruz is not on either.

Salma Hayek is. Just sayin.

Posted by: reddragon1 | December 22, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Megan Fox -- yes she's quite cut. But I gotta say those tattoos kinda spoil the mood. Give me Jennifer Annison any day of the week. Or Jessica Beil.

BTW, Hodie, I'm pretty sure I suffered a barotrauma in my hyperbaric chamber during my sophomore year in college. Man, the 70s were grueling.

Posted by: rashibama | December 22, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

reddragon, thanks. Not sure that I'd want either disease however. TB is getting harder to treat these days because of resistance.

rashibama, are you sure it was the hyperbaric chamber? LOL

Posted by: hodie | December 22, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I second reddragon's compliment to our Dr. hodie.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 22, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Megan Fox -- is she the girl from the Doritos-in-the-dryer commercial? Or am I thinking of somebody else? Yeah, she's pretty hot.

But what guy in his right mind thinks Nicole Kidman (no. 9 on the men's ranking) is sexier than Halle Berry (no. 10)?! They did poll men with actual pulses, right? Come ON! Halle is way hotter. No contest.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 22, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Oh, the Doritos woman was Ali Landry. Who's Megan Fox and why don't I know this if she's so hot and all -- is she under 25? That would explain it.

NO PENELOPE CRUZ?! reddragon1, I am SHOCKED. Were these straight men being polled? Just sayin'. Salma does nothing for me. Pretty, yes, but she and Nicole Kidman take turns wearing the icicle crown in my book.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 22, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

td, you are thinking of Ally Landry from the Doritos commercial. Megan Fox was in Transformers. She was also, according to imdb, on Hope and Faith.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

I second reddragon's compliment to our Dr. hodie.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 22, 2008 12:36 PM

Aww shucks...I'm blushing. (check's in the mail).

Posted by: hodie | December 22, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

rashibama, are you sure it was the hyperbaric chamber? LOL

Hodie, not sure. The 70s are still a little fuzzy

Posted by: rashibama | December 22, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 11:52 AM

Clearly they retired her jersey to give other hotties a fighting chance.

Posted by: yellojkt | December 22, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

yellojkt
Clearly they retired her jersey to give other hotties a fighting chance.

Or maybe, like Katherine Heigl, she declined the nomination.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 22, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Hey hodie, what's your area of specialty? It's nice to have a resident MD on Lizard island. So we have several resident lawyers, at least one resident physician, at least one engineer (Hi Dorkus)and who knows how many other professionals.

Does Lizard Island have a vet for when my inner cryptid has health issues?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 22, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Sasquatch, I specialize in family medicine and OB but now work in administration and managed care. (Which is why I now have time to spend on Lizard Island). Not a vet but I think you'll be safe with me being very close enough to the human species.

Posted by: hodie | December 22, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I prefer the term "Rocket Scientist" and it is vague and slightly pretentious.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

AS, as it is vague and slightly pretentious.

And now back to our regularly scheduled snark.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, are you friends with the evil Dr. Mel Practice?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 22, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 8:48 AM

Posted by: hodie | December 22, 2008 9:59 AM

What's with all the Benji hate? I love that sweet little guy, and I DO think he would be a step up from K-Fed.

Posted by: RaTheFunktress | December 22, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RaTheFunktress | December 22, 2008 3:02 PM

*****************************************

Well, Benji probably has fewer fleas...

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus
Well, Benji probably has fewer fleas...

Heck, Sasquatch probably has fewer fleas too.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 22, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RaTheFunktress | December 22, 2008 3:02 PM

Yeah I like that Benji too. Way better than Paris' old purse Chihuahua. Let's say we chip in and buy a flea collar and then she will have one less thing to worry about.

Posted by: hodie | December 22, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | December 22, 2008 3:39 PM

*******************************************

Is the flea collar for the dog or Paris?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

"Is the flea collar for the dog or Paris?" --DorkusMaximus1

Aw, c'mon, Dorkus. Have a Hartz!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 22, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Happy Monday! Our Lizard lounge drummer is again gainfully employed providing rimshots for our Lizard Island comedians Dorkus and td. (who is our drummer by the way?)

Posted by: hodie | December 22, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Aw, c'mon, Dorkus. Have a Hartz!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 22, 2008 4:26 PM

--------------------------------------------
td and Dorkus are on the Frontline of comedy.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 22, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Aw, c'mon, Dorkus. Have a Hartz!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 22, 2008 4:26 PM

--------------------------------------------
td and Dorkus are on the Frontline of comedy.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 22, 2008 4:54 PM

******************************************

Well as long as we have the Advantage....

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Well as long as we have the Advantage....

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 22, 2008 4:59 PM

--------------------------------------------
Dorkus, are you starting a Revolution?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 22, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

So Ed McMahon and and wife number...uhhh....whatever took out a mortgage from Countrywide. Remember that the next time you see Ed hawking some insurance scam on late night cable.

Angelo Mozilo is probably in his private jet, laughing himself silly over a glass of Chateau Lafite Rotschild and a plate of Beluga caviar.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 22, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Oooh, I've got an itch to start punning.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 22, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

No need for revolution with a good Sentinel.

Posted by: Irwin_Fletcher | December 22, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Except when you have to scramble an Interceptor.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 22, 2008 6:46 PM | Report abuse

What is Fandango.com, which did the "sexiest" polls? Is it associated with Megan Fox, who I'd never even heard of before?

Posted by: msame | December 22, 2008 7:45 PM | Report abuse

msame,
You really have never heard of Fandango?? Have you gone to any movie in the last 10 years? Before every movie over the last 10+ years there have been fandango commercials. You can purchase movie tickets in advance of going to the theater. That way you don't have to wait in line.
Maybe you remember the paper bag sock type puppets from the commercials?

Posted by: Iowahoosier | December 23, 2008 9:37 AM | Report abuse