Posted at 7:59 AM ET, 12/10/2008

Morning Mix: Ruffalo's Brother Victim of Russian Roulette, Says Suspect

By Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Headlines: Britney Spears tops Billboard 200... Radio station produces new K-Fed-ish Obama-inspired rap... Paula Abdul blames "Idol" producers for giving stalker access... Jamie Foxx releases second album... Katie Perry apologizes for Lily Allen fat joke... Amy Winehouse's hospital stay hits two-week mark.

Crime Watch: Mark Ruffalo's brother dies following shooting; suspect says brother shot himself playing Russian Roulette... DMX arrested in Florida for missing court date... John Schneider's ("Dukes of Hazzard") puppies in SUV theft.

Rumor Mill: Source says T.R. Knight wants to be released from "Grey's" contract... Jeremy Piven freaks out on fan who calls him "Ari"... Avril Lavigne latest target of baby bump watch.

Say What?
"I want to make at least another billion dollars before I adopt children so I can just focus on them." -- Tila Tequila, whose prospects of motherhood hover somewhere between slim and none.

"The word on the street is that I'm well-endowed." -- Bobby Brown in the new unauthorized biography "Bobby Brown: The Truth, the Whole Truth and Nothing But ..."

"He is extraordinary, and it is wonderful to watch him ... the way his brain works ... it's beautiful." -- Jennifer Aniston gushes about boyfriend John Mayer

In Case You Missed It: Fascinating Tom Cruise advises Spencer Pratt on "The Hills After Show"...

By Liz Kelly  | December 10, 2008; 7:59 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Style-o-Metrics: Rate Cate
Next: Celeb Politik: Senator Drescher?

Comments

Quick show of hands, who else wants to be released from Grey's Anatomy?

Who is this Katy Perry, and why should I care again?

Bobby Brown is well endowed? Apparently Whitney Houston was overheard saying that the Gates Foundation will give anybody money these days.

Jennifer Aniston seems to be very easily impressed.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 8:56 AM | Report abuse

A follow up from the Cate Blanchett outfit yesterday.

E!'s Fashion Police talked about the dress, and then followed up talking about Tilda Swinton's, noting that it looks like she stole it from CB and left her the weird bubble dress and Spanx outfit. For once, I think they were right on the money.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | December 10, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Count me in, Dorkus.

I'm freaking out just seeing the words "Jeremy Piven" and "fan" in the same sentence.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 10, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

dorkus:
Jennifer Aniston seems to be very easily impressed.

Sounds like a promising candidate to succeed Baba Wawa as host of that supposedly fascinating-people annual TV special.

chasmo, I saw a brief video clip of Blanchett in the offending dress on Entertainment Tonight last night, and it looked slightly better on TV, because it was much more sparkly than the online photo was able to convey.

dorkus, I have no idea who Katie Perry is either. I don't know whether that reflects more adversely on us or her, however.

Although Queen Liz doesn't mention the future Jay Leno Show M-F 10-11, I'd like to point out that there IS a precendent. When Johnny Carson replaced Jack Paar as Tonight Show host back in the last millennium, Paar got a weekly prime-time show on NBC (Fridays at 10 PM, I think), which my parents enjoyed watching. A couple months before the Beatles' US arrival, Paar famously ran a B&W video of one of their British performances, which seemed pretty awful (although with all the screeching fans, it was doubtless hard to determine whether they were any good).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 10, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

P.S. Hope you're starting to feel better, dorkus.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 10, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, Nosy, I am feeling better which is a good thing since I take the GMAT tomorrow.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

precedent

(Need more caffeine, stat)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 10, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

All,

Isn't Katty Perry the one who . . .

No. My bad.

Nevermind.

Respectfully,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | December 10, 2008 9:21 AM | Report abuse

I think Jennifer realizes the whole 'Brad and Angelina done me wrong' schtick is getting stale so she's setting herself up for victimhood when John inevitably dumps her a fan.

Posted by: jes11 | December 10, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

I am raising my hand. I never watched that show anyway - not so much into the melodrama.

Katie Perry sings a quirky little pop number called "I kissed a girl." It's bubblegum pop, but catchy - I listen to pop radio while mowing the lawn...

Good luck on the GMAT dorkus.

Posted by: VaLGaL | December 10, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

John Schneider's puppies stolen -- quick, someone phone the bobbies! I think I heard barking over at the old deVil place!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 10, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Since Liz missed it, please a moment of silence out of gratitude for the veteran DC-based (but nationally-known) actor Robert Prosky. If you don't recognize the name, rest assured you'd know his visage if you saw it.
(Don't miss the delicious final anecdote at the bottom of p. 2)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 10, 2008 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone else notice J Lo not wearing her wedding ring in yesterday's "Eye on Entertainment?"

Posted by: mannc | December 10, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Yesterday it was Oprah tops 200, today it's Britney tops 200. What's your fascination with that number, Liz Kelly?

Isn't this something like the fourth time DMX has been arrested for missing a court date? Dude needs to sync his iPhone's calendar...

Unlike T.R. Knight, Kathy Heigl says she will not seek, nor will she accept, a release from her contract.

Jeremy Piven, they're not saying "Ari" - you're not letting them finish. "Arrogant bastard!" is what they're trying to say.

Bobby, actually, the word on the street is that you're a crackhead.

It's kind of creepy to imagine Jennifer Aniston sitting there watching the MRI's screen as it scans John Mayer's brain.

I actually feel sorry for Tom Cruise in that clip. It must take every Thetan in his being to keep from screaming, "What fresh hell IS this?" I've seen better interviewers on the local high school's news. (If you're worried because you also feel sorry for him, see this interview in the Toronto Star in which he says he'd like to try a singing role someday: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/551230 .)

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Russian Roulette? I'll bet there's a Lindbergh baby joke gestating somewhere...

Posted by: possum_pouch | December 10, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Possum, you mean like, "Moral of the story: Never play Russian Roulette with an automatic"?

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Moving right along...

AP sez Michael Jackson's glove and the gates to Neverland will be part of an auction next year, "along with more than 2,000 other personal items."

If I can get a bottle of the J*s*s Juice at a reasonable price it will make a nice change from the usual Two-Buck-Chuck I drink at work.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 9:54 AM | Report abuse

The fact Katie Perry feels badly about offending the likes of someone like Lily Allen is beyond me. She must be a nice person.

Drugs + Russian Roulette = Darwin award candidate.

Tila Tequila is not too far off the mark on what it costs to raise a child these days! I just got my teenagers Christmas lists!--Anyway, either she or Avril Levigne, scare me as parents.

Bobby Brown is obviously not talking about gray matter is he? Just shut up.

Posted by: hodie | December 10, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Paula Abdul blames Idol producers for giving stalker access. Didn't we establish, just yesterday, that everything is Lynne Spears fault?

Hey LA Thief, next time, please take John Schneider and leave us the puppies.

Jeremy, if I ran into you on the street that would be me yelling, "Hey Spence!" After all, you were in three network tv series with the character "Spence Novak."

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 10, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Oh, td, byoolin, did you guys catch think link to the ScarJo article in the Katy Perry story?

I can't wait for The Spirit to open.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Just too good not to pass along!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You would be surprise about how many adults have starred in their own sex tapes for purely private use. In the next few years, a lot of children will be shocked to go through their late parents' possessions!

Posted by: anonthistime | December 10, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Good point. Where does ArmyBrat hide the sex tape he made with the missus?

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 10, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

jezebel - a geek would never use such an antiquated medium as tape

Posted by: ArmyBrat1 | December 10, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

jezebel - a geek would never use such an antiquated medium as tape

Posted by: ArmyBrat1 | December 10, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Are you 100% sure that the medium wll never be found?

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 10, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

"Are you 100% sure that the medium wll never be found?"

Hypothetically, were one inclined to record one's sexual activities, one should record and store it on reliable digital media, encrypted using high-quality encryption. Then it wouldn't matter whether the medium were found or not; the finder would think it's a random bag o' bits and bytes. Store the encryption key elsewhere, say on another digital medium (or have it securely generated using any one of a number of methods).

Then, a hypothetical child finding such media would not be confronted with the details of that child's own conception.

Posted by: ArmyBrat1 | December 10, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: nonamehere | December 10, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

My first question was why Bobby Brown would be giving quotes out for an "unauthorized" biography -- but I read the article and cleared up that bit of confusion. My second question is, why does he have to trust the "word on the street" about whether he is well-endowed? Can't he just stand before a mirror and have a little look?

Posted by: 44west | December 10, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Russian Roulette? I'll bet there's a Lindbergh baby joke gestating somewhere...

Posted by: possum_pouch | December 10, 2008 9:46 AM

Darwinism takes its course.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 10, 2008 10:32 AM | Report abuse

I hope that Russian Roulette rumor is just that a rumor. I can't imagine how high one would need to be in order to actually, you know, play it.

And someone remind me, who is Tila Tequila and why is she famous?

Posted by: jelo | December 10, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, Nosy_Parker, for the mention of Robert Prosky. He was the real deal, an actor's actor. DC was fortunate to "have" him all these years.

Posted by: jaybbub | December 10, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

All right, much as I hate Tila Tequila, she is making a great crack at that Collector of Kids we all know and oft debate.

Amy Winehouse isn't sick she just wants to be closer to the really good drugs.

Now, I usually like John Schneider and think he is one of the good decent guys in Hollywood. But, he got a yorkie-poodle mix for his kids. Real men don't buy poodles.

Yeah, sure Jennifer, you like him for his mind.

Good luck on the GMAT Dorkus.

Posted by: epjd | December 10, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 44west | December 10, 2008 10:31 AM

Neato segue to today's OP topic - Sexting.

Bobbi compare sext photos of your bad boys with those of your peers.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 10, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Real men don't buy poodles.-ep

*******************************************

I so have an internet crush on you right now ep.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

The puppy theft is not a good thing, but when I read the headline about it, for a brief moment I thought that the puppies had jacked someone's SUV. :o

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | December 10, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

You enjoying the snow today Dorkus. It's 61 here. It's not often D.C. gets to be superior to Austin weatherwise.

Posted by: epjd | December 10, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, the snow was kind of fun even if it didn't stick. I love the fact that the weather will go from 80 degrees to freezing in 4 hours.

Today isn't bad, it's still cold out but sunny. It's a perfect winter day. I had almost forgot what those were like.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Jelo, Tila Tequila is famous for being a prime-time cable channel skank (she was the "star" of MTV's "Shot at Love"). But I'll give her points for dishing decent snark.

Posted by: northgs | December 10, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

D.C.'s/Maryland's reaction to snow and Austin's reaction to snow is pretty much the same=panic at the first flake.

My Michigander blood laughs at your "winter weather" ep and Dorkus.

And fyi Bobby Brown--many women, in an attempt to ingratiate themselves, will tell guys that they are well endowed when in fact its just average equipment. I've deflated a few egos with an honest assement.

Posted by: jelo | December 10, 2008 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jelo | December 10, 2008 11:32 AM

Only a few egos?

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 10, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

What can I say? I love the "crestfallen" look. HA!

Posted by: jelo | December 10, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

jelo, we in Austin don't just panic at the first flake, we also panic at the first sign of rain.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

We do the same here in the DC/Metro area. One drizzle of rain & everyone is all "OMG!! DEH SKYZZ IZ TEH RAININ!!LETZ ALL GOEZ BUY TEH TOILET PAPERZ & MILKZ!!"

Posted by: wadejg | December 10, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

mannc:

While I didn't see the lack of JLo ring, I wouldn't read too much into it.

It's winter - time of taking off your rings to lotion up your hands.

Or, if you're like me, you got a 2nd degree burn on your ring finger making Thanksgiving dinner, so hey, wearing your ring isn't an option right now ;)

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | December 10, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

wadejg, you guys all turn into LOLcats? That's actually kind of impressive. We just forget how to drive.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Moving right along...

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 9:54 AM
=============

I wonder if he's including the "personal" parts of his face that are starting to fall off.

And I'm curious what the opening big will be for the Elephant Man's bones.

However, in today's tough economy and considering what other folks are willing to put up for bid, if his lot doesn't include a Senate seat, I'm not interested.

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 10, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

According to Chris Rock, there is only one way for a man to accurately gauge the size of his manhood: If a woman examining the item at close distance gets a whistful look on her face and says, "HEL-lo," the man is well-endowed. Any other pronouncement from the woman is influenced by the man's financial endowment.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 10, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Russian Roulette? I'll bet there's a Lindbergh baby joke gestating somewhere...

Posted by: possum_pouch | December 10, 2008 9:46 AM

---------------------------------------------
If I were writing for billboard magazine, I'd rate possum's comment as Number Three with a bullet.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 10, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wadejg | December 10, 2008 12:21 PM

****

This is not unlike the reaction of the "good people" at WPXI's Severe Disaster Cr*p Your Pants Armageddon Forecast With Doppler, Vipir, Weather Bug and a Wetted Finger Stuck In The Air Channel 11 Weather Center, every night at 6 in Pittsburgh.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 12:50 PM
--------------------------------------------
Which is why I stopped watching local television "news" casts several years ago.
If I want hysteria, I can always peruse the National Enquirer in the grocery checkout line.

Byool, did you catch the Daily Show's ranking on Brian Harper the Governor General and Canadian zeitgeist a couple of days ago?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 10, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Byool, is it true that before he went into politics, Brian Harper played for the Pirates? :-P

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 10, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Sas, for saving me the trouble of making fun of you... :-)

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

"Moral of the story: Never play Russian Roulette with an automatic"?

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 9:52 AM

*******************************************

Or, at least don't go first.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

"Moral of the story: Never play Russian Roulette with an automatic"?

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 9:52 AM

*******************************************

Is there a "clip" on YouTube?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 10, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Sas, for saving me the trouble of making fun of you... :-)

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 1:52 PM

------------------------------------------
What's really funny -- or sad -- is that the top Google listing for the string "Brian Harper" IS the Brian Harper who player catcher for the Pirates in the early 80s.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 10, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 10, 2008 12:43 PM
=====================================

In regards to well- or not well-endowed, a wise old woman once told me that anything over 6 inches was a waste.

Your friend,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | December 10, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

You know what French Roulette is, don't you?

Posted by: possum_pouch | December 10, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin, is this one of your friends?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 10, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Sas, that's an interesting blog you've pointed to. The answer to your question depends on whether you mean the blogger or the Spiderpig.

If the former, then the answer is "no."

If the latter, then the answer is "F*** no."

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Oh. I thought Spiderpig might be Van Pool Bob's Secret Identity.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 10, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Sas. my money is that it's Van Pool Allan.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, this really needs to stop. I love LOLCats. A friend sent me the link while I was waiting for bar results. It kinda kept me going until the results posted. Now, I try to find an appropriate one for all occassions. No Lindbergh Baby ones though.

Posted by: epjd | December 10, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Or Van Pool New Bob. ?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 10, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Talk about cyber confusion:
From http://www.wikiled.com/latin-english-cogito_002c_0020ergo_0020perfututus-Default.aspx

Translation Latin - English : cogito, ergo perfututus

Translation
(Hide...)
Please Wait...

It was detected, that requested translation language probably is: POLISH

The most probable translation:

Cogito, ergo perfututus

Translation haven’t been found in our dictionary. If you want you can ask community regarding your request or try another search.

Wikiled thinks that right translation is:
cogliere (Italian - English)

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 10, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

What needs to stop ep?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Ooo, look at you guys and your name-dropping!

'Nighty-night, folks.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 10, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Look what I found on the interwebs:

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 10, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse