Posted at 9:04 AM ET, 12/15/2008

Morning Mix: Tara Reid Checks Into Rehab

By Nancy Kerr

Headlines: Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber welcome son #2...Tara Reid checks into rehab ... Stars contributing to Obama inauguration include Jamie Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson, Sharon Stone and Halle Berry ...Amy Poehler says goodbye to SNL ... Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards' daughters unhurt in car accident

Rumor Mill: Were the murders of Jennifer Hudson's mother, sister and nephew triggered by jealousy over a gift?... Madonna and Guy to spend Christmas together for the kids' sake?... No "Idol Gives Back" this season?

Royal Watch: Bearded (!!) Prince William and Kate Middleton spotted on a pheasant-shooting excursion... Queen Elizabeth II advises family members to tone down the flashy spending in light of the bad economy.

Um, OK: "If you have a problem with that cover, go make bagels!" -- John Mayer on Jennifer Aniston's naked GQ cover (he also claims she can sing)

-- Guest Celebritologist Elizabeth Terry

By Nancy Kerr  | December 15, 2008; 9:04 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jennifer Aniston Has No Clothes
Next: The Celebrity-Fan Relationship: Walking the Line

Comments

Sloooow news day.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 15, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbagels.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 15, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

No Idol Gives Back Show. That in and of itself is a present.

Prince William looks pretty good in a beard. And listen to Grandma guys, she knows what she's talking about.

Go make Bagels? Nicer than what some said on the post on Friday, anyway.

What did Denise and Charlie expect to happen when they handed the keys over to a 4yo? ;D

Fun Christmas in store at the Ritchie house...How awkward will that be??

Yep, Jezebel, you are right. sloooow news day.

Posted by: hodie | December 15, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

"Chat with a Celebrity: Alec Baldwin is live online at washingtonpost.com at 3 p.m. ET "

What is Alec shilling today?

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 15, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Once again, Liz posts a link to the Daily Mail, and I am sucked into that swirling vortex of smut and gar-bahj. ugh.

Wasn't there anything else going on? I suppose wtih real scandals like Blago and Madoff happening, the celebrity stuff is pretty boring.

Posted by: jelo | December 15, 2008 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I guess Amy had to make one last SNL appearance so that her maternity benefits from the GE health plan kept her covered.

Posted by: yellojkt | December 15, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

The Idols never really gave anything on Idol Gives Back. They just asked us to give. We're broke. So this year, I think they really should give. Give until it hurts...

1. Idols should go caroling this holiday season in a certain tony London enclave. The Richies and Martins (not to mention a certain Mr. O'Dowd) sure could use some cheer.

2. The Idols should offer their services on Jennifer Aniston's new release: "Aniston...the Duets."

3. With a little over a month left in the Bush Administration, the Idols could be used to deflect any shoes or other objects that people may wish to throw at the President.

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 15, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01 | December 15, 2008 10:23 AM

*******************************************

Hey, I've got some shoes that I would be willing to throw at the Idols.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Here's hoping that Sharon Stone gets to speak at the inauguration. With any luck it will make everyone forget about her speech at the thing for Samuel L. Jackson...

I guess that accident means it's the last time Charlie and Denise let Shia Leboeuf babysit their kids.

For the kids' sake, and for Pete's sake, let Madonna and Guy spend Christmas far, far, far apart.

No "Idol Gives Back" is all well and good, but what are they going to do about Idol Gives Me A Migraine?

Wills? I thought it was Prince Andrew that needed a beard?

"Queen Elizabeth II advises family members to tone down the flashy spending in light of the bad economy." Or, as John Lennon would have said, "The rest of you, just rattle your - what do you bloody mean, you've got no jewellery to rattle? Gits. And here, rattle this MBE. I'm done with it, anyway."

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 15, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Sorry - "Andrew WHO needed a beard." Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 15, 2008 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Sharon Stone is "contributing" to Obama's inauguration? In what way -- leaving the country? Deciding to stay home that day? Quitting acting in the name of Change? I'm good with these.

Go make bagels? Is that some euphemism used by the under-40 crowd? Reminds me of when Heidi Klum was doing a "Project Runway" reunion show and said something was selling "like bagels" -- when told she meant, "hotcakes" she replied, "I'm German. What do I know?" Indeed.

I just can't make up my mind about Queen Elizabeth. On the one hand, she's photographed in tiaras and big-ol' robes, and the next moment she's in a polyester suit carrying her own purse.

byoolin, you're thinking of Prince Edward and the beard I think. (Though I wouldn't want to run into Princess Anne in a dark alley.) I have to say that "Kate Middleton" is the best British name ever.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 15, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Somebody actually commented on Friday's thread this a.m.

Good times.

Posted by: dablues1 | December 15, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Really, John Mayer? I'm shaking in my boots. The funny thing is that during your last show in DC, I actually did want to be making bagels instead of sitting with my friend as a favor.

My utter dislie of facial hair is really getting in the way of my long standing infatuation with Prince William.

The Richards/Sheen spawn are ok after the car accident? Thank GOD! I was SO worried....or maybe I'm confusing worried with indifferent.

Posted by: eet7e | December 15, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: eet7e | December 15, 2008 10:59 AM

No More Bush.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 15, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

And that was supposed to say "dislike" not "dislie."
Go me!

Posted by: eet7e | December 15, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Prince Wills looks pretty good in the facial hair! Prince Chuck not so much.

Posted by: wadejg | December 15, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Prince Wills looks pretty good in the facial hair! Prince Chuck not so much.

Posted by: wadejg | December 15, 2008 12:13 PM

Facial hair tickles during oral sex. Big mood breaker.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 15, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Wow. I don't think anyone could possibly care less about Tara Reid.

Posted by: Trumance1 | December 15, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Found this headline on yahoo: "A pair of failed stars takes the record of being the dimmest bulbs ever detected, astronomers find."

Thought it was a LiLo/Paris article...

Posted by: capecodner424 | December 15, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

"Idol Gives Back," reminds me of what happens about 12 hours after a fat person gorges themselves at an All Your Can Eat buffet.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Not that thrilled with Prince William growing a beard. He has such a nice face, why hide it?

If the young Royals don't go out partying at Boujis, et al. who will keep those places in business? Those folks gotta eat too.

Last week was NOT a good week for relatives. Glad the little Sheens are okay. They have enough problems with who they have for parents, they don't need to add injury to that insult.

Posted by: epjd | December 15, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Prince Wills looks pretty good in the facial hair! Prince Chuck not so much.

Posted by: wadejg | December 15, 2008 12:13 PM

Facial hair tickles during oral sex. Big mood breaker.

Posted by: jezebel3 | December 15, 2008 12:27 PM

Ah yess...but one person's tickle is another person's pleasure!

Posted by: wadejg | December 15, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Never mind the bearded Prince William, I'm more drawn to the gun-toting Kate Middleton.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 2:45 PM
-------------------------------------------
Yes, that is a gun in her pants, and she is very happy to see you.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

dorkus
I'm more drawn to the gun-toting Kate Middleton.

You must really like Sarah Palin, then.

BTW, hope you're feeling better and that the GMAT went well.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 15, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Nosy, I am now back to perfect health and the GMAT went well.

I could not stand Sarah Palin, by the way. There is just something about a gun-fanatic that can not put together a sentence that unnerves me. It just doesn't seem safe.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

You know, Queen Liz is on vacation this week. Should I be brushing up on my esoteric languages?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Dude, the main post is already discussing the Prince. Who knows where conversations will go without Queen Liz to keep us in line. We are an extremely intelligent, well-read, ecletic bunch.

Posted by: epjd | December 15, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

We are an extremely intelligent, well-read, ecletic bunch.

Posted by: epjd | December 15, 2008 3:28 PM
-------------------------------------------
Imaginative.

Rowdy, too.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

I hear it's all the lawyers that get rowdy, the engineers know how to behave.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

dorkus, the lawyers were crawling out of the woodwork during last Thursday's online chat with Liz.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 15, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Because lawyers see human beings occassionally instead of chemicals. We know how to party. Or we just have to drink a lot to forget those human beings we see. I always get the reason confused.

Posted by: epjd | December 15, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Engineers have to drink to remember we are human.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

What do you get when you cross a lawyer with an engineer?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

I give up Sas', what?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

I don't have a definitive answer. I wonder if there is one. I'm guessing that crossing a lawyer with an engineer produces a competent patent lawyer, as opposed to a regular patent lawyer.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

I hear it's all the lawyers that get rowdy, the engineers know how to behave.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 3:58 PM

-------------------------------------------
Well-behaved nerds in pleated pants.

How do you keep a software engineer busy for 3 hours?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Keep giving him positive feedback.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Keep giving him positive feedback.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 4:57 PM

------------------------------------------

That's a better answer than I had in mind.

I was thinking along the line of "Tell him that you knocked over his persistence jar and spilled the beans."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 15, 2008 4:04 PM

--------------------------------------------
Which proves the stupidly obvious observation that there is only a one-letter difference between "snark" and "shark."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

What do you get when you cross a lawyer with an engineer?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 4:36 PM

*******************************************

No one knows, even engineers have standards.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, I'm hurt.

BTW, heads up everyone, I get sworn in on Thursday.

Posted by: epjd | December 15, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, I'm hurt.

BTW, heads up everyone, I get sworn in on Thursday.

Posted by: epjd | December 15, 2008 5:16 PM

--------------------------------------------
I say DAMN!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, ep, if it means anything a good majority of my friends are lawyers.

So, after Thursday, can I call you counselor?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Wrong kind of swearing, Sas.

Congrats to our ep! Can Lizard Island's barkeep open early on Thursday in her honor?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 15, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

What do you get when you cross a lawyer with an engineer?

Uh, ep and Dorkus' lovechild?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 15, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

What do you get when you cross a lawyer with an engineer?

Uh, ep and Dorkus' lovechild?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 15, 2008 5:24 PM

--------------------------------------------
Nosy! Ix-nay on the obvious-nay!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, ep, if it means anything a good majority of my friends are lawyers.

So, after Thursday, can I call you counselor?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 5:22 PM

--------------------------------------------

Dorkus, if you want to call people names, you can call me @$$hole today.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Sas', I'm pretty sure I could call you that any day. But then what would your wife call you?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 5:41 PM

-------------------------------------------
F@#kface

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 15, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Sas
Nosy! Ix-nay on the obvious-nay!

Just plucking the low-hanging fruit.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 15, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Sas', Nosy, you guys are soooooooo funny. Alright, I'm going home. See you guys on Wednesday, I get a field trip tomorrow.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 15, 2008 6:02 PM | Report abuse