Posted at 7:11 AM ET, 01/12/2009

Morning Mix: Globes Redux; Fergie Marries; Kanye Ready for Naked Photo Spread

By Liz Kelly

Golden Globes: 'Mad Men's' Elisabeth Moss arrives at last night's awards ceremony in Los Angeles. (Getty Images)
Winslet, Rourke Take Top Honors
Heath Ledger Wins Posthumous Award
Brangelina Snub Ryan Seacrest
Sacha Baron Cohen Booed for Madonna Dig
Pix: Fashion | Scene
Monday

Headlines: Fergie marries Josh Duhamel in Malibu... Kanye West says he wants to pose naked... Has Lindsay Lohan's blogging crossed over into desperation or inanity?... Gael Garcia Bernal and girlfriend welcome son... Charlotte Church gives birth to son.

Pix: Renee Zellweger, Golden Globe disaster... Heather Mills unveils new close-cropped hair... Katie Holmes's priestly garb... Robert Downey Jr. on the cover of Men's Vogue. Crime Watch: Ryan O'Neal pleads guilty to meth possession... Judge rejects Roman Polanski's request for court disqualification.

Rumor Mill: Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony to appear at pre-inaugural ball... Sienna Miller dropped from Russell Crowe's "Nottingham"... Chloe Sevigny paid $50,000 to host New Year's Eve party... Amy Winehouse says she's found new love.

Well Said
"I am the face of postracial America! Deal with it, Cate Blanchett!" -- Tracey Morgan accepting "30 Rock's" Golden Globe for best TV comedy.

By Liz Kelly  | January 12, 2009; 7:11 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Patrick Swayze Checks in to Hospital
Next: Comment Box: Can We Call Mickey Rourke a 'Comeback Kid' Yet?

Comments

Kanye West, you misunderstood me: I said, "It's been a while since you showed us *you're a* dick."

That Heather Mills... always getting something chopped off...

Ryan O'Neal, meth: npw that's a Love Story.

Amy Winehouse says she's found new love. Crank?

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 12, 2009 7:53 AM | Report abuse

Renee Zellweger, Golden Globe disaster...

Looks like Renee forgot the top part of her frock, but perfect for Bridget Jones.

Posted by: jezebel3 | January 12, 2009 7:53 AM | Report abuse

Sienna Miller dropped from Russell Crowe's "Nottingham"...

A source says, “It is a mess. Russell never lost the weight he put on for Body of Evidence - and so the love scenes between him and Sienna would have been laughable. He’s so old and fat and she’s so young and gorgeous. It’s just . . . gross.”

“Producers are now looking for an older, plumper actress to play the role so [Crowe] doesn’t look like a paunchy grandpa. Someone in her late 30s or early 40s."

WHERE DO I SIGN???

Posted by: jezebel3 | January 12, 2009 7:57 AM | Report abuse

I am so confused...why in the world was the film "In Bruges" classified as a "musical or comedy". I am thrilled that Colin Farrell won the GG for best actor in this film but for the life of me, I can't understand why this was not a "Drama" film?? Also, on a fashion note, i was so bored with all the beige/offwhite/creamcolored dresses. No color in sight!

Posted by: Elaine8 | January 12, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

I think those Russell Crowe body rumors might be right. I'd heard a few years back where he'd done some nude scenes for Gladiator, but they all wound up on the cutting room floor. Apparently, his big fat butt was so laden with cellulite, no one could keep their lunch down. I guess they decided not to bring in a butt-double.

Posted by: jelo | January 12, 2009 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Couple of comments from Golden Globes pictures I've seen (didn't watch the awards because I was watching Jack Bauer begin another day.)

1) I saw a photo of someone I thought was Dennis Miller, but he was wearing a frock coat. Turns out it was Sting.

2) I love the Tracey Morgan quote, but he was dressed like the porter in the dining car.

3) The lapels on wee Tom's tuxedo looked like they could double as wings. He really needs to stick w/stuff from the boys department.

Posted by: pras40 | January 12, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Sacha Baron Cohen 's Madonna snark was a winner!

(Is byoolin on his writing staff?)

Good job. Move it into the no-boo zone.

VTY,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 12, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

I just took a peek at the photo gallery.

In the first pic, who is that little troll woman in the background (with the huge purse)?

Sincerely,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 12, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

pras40,

I had Sting pegged as Robin Williams.

Photographic evidence:

Posted by: yellojkt | January 12, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Wee Tom looks like he went through his older brother's closet to find that tuxedo jacket.

Does anyone think Katie Holmes will hear my confession?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 12, 2009 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Globes, Fergie, Naked -- what a way to get your readers' attention there, Liz.

I can't top byoolin's Heather Mills comment, but I can say that perhaps she's doing a Katie Holmes with the hair. Will it get shorter and shorter? And then can you pull it all out long again, like those old Cher dolls from the 70s, and start over? (No, I did not have one -- just recall the commercial.)

Katie Holmes looks less like a priest and more like a 60s nun extra from "Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows." I can see her now getting the girls on the bus so that Sister Mary Wickes can drive them to the band competition. (Hope the bus doesn't break down before they meet the boys at New Trends! Nice uniforms, girls!)

That does not look like Robert Downey, Jr. More like a weird hybrid of him, Timothy Dalton, and Gael Garcia Bernal. Plus his head looks huge compared to his body -- I think the Men's Vogue PhotoShopper needs to cut back on both the double espressos and the warp tool.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 12, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Are you sure Renee Zewelleger's dress was not a Katie Holmes original?

Kind of disappointed Heather Mills didn't do a "Britney". The hairstyle is actually quite flattering for her, and she can use all the flattering she can get.

IT police prevents me, thank-goodness, from viewing LiLo's gibberish. Who can summarize?

Posted by: hodie | January 12, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

I'm hoping whatever bet Renee took to wear that dress was worth it.

Posted by: CentrevilleMom | January 12, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

"Lopez refused to endorse Obama unless he called her himself, which he didn't."

Who does Jennifer think she is? Even Scarlett Johansen texted Obama first.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 12, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

What do you mean by asking if LiLo's blogging crossed the line into inanity? It started there.

Heather Mills cut her hair so that when someone dumps water on HER head, it dries faster.

Kanye may want to pose naked, but like everything else he wants (like awards, respect, etc.) it is not going to happen. Even Vanity Fairt has some standards.

Posted by: epjd | January 12, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Hodie gets my love again today for this beaut: "Kanye, you might want to see the Poop Daddy Ding Dong who can give you some tips on "manscaping" before your big(?) reveal."

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It was a tough Monday morning until now.

Posted by: jaybbub | January 12, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Ooops, forgot.

Extra Monday Love to the Swayze. Hope he leaves the hospital soon.

Posted by: epjd | January 12, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

"Lopez refused to endorse Obama unless he called her himself, which he didn't."

It's widely believed that this is what cost him the West Virginia Electoral College vote.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 12, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Extra Monday Love to the Swayze. Hope he leaves the hospital soon.

Posted by: epjd | January 12, 2009 10:05 AM

*****

Nobody sends Swayze to the Coroner.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 12, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

I just want to add that Kate Winslet looks goos with her Golden Globes....

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 12, 2009 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Rene reminded me of a slimmer version of Ursala (The Little Mermaid) in that gown. Very bad idea.

Wow, this was the second year that Brangelina has snubbed Ryan. I wonder if its their way of moving from the Angie Jen circle to something new.

Posted by: petalceleb | January 12, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me, or does that RDJ picture on the cover of Men's Vogue look Photoshopped?

Not that he's not still a man I could spend some time under and he's looking fabulously healthy, but I don't think he looks quite that thin right now. In that picture, he looks like a bobblehead...

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | January 12, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, thanks hodie. Though the words "big(?) reveal" have me envisioning Niecy Nash saying, "OK, it's the big day. Reveal Day" before opening the door to a bare, manscaped Kanye ready for his photo shoot.

And with that, my New Year's Diet begins. Appetite gone.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 12, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Thanks jaybub! And you're welcome td. Whatever I can do to help you keep those New Year's Resolutions, just let me know.

Posted by: hodie | January 12, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

"Nobody sends Swayze to the Coroner." --byoolin1

And with that, I'm putting down my snark tool and instead devoting my time here to building an adoration grotto for byoolin on Lizard Island. Brilliant.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 12, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Will the adoration grotto have a little Lindbergh Baby statue?

[crosses fingers]

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 12, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Will the little Lindburgh Statue be bigger than Wee Tom?

Posted by: jaybbub | January 12, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Only if they're to scale, jaybbub.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 12, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

You got it, byoo -- I'll even let you design it (to answer jaybub's question). But nothing too ostentatious; don't want to block our view of the Tiki Bar.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 12, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

OMG, I love you people.

Posted by: jaybbub | January 12, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

When my style-&-celebritology-challenged husband said that he thought Renee's dress was pretty I thought "I'm so glad he's not MY stylist."

Then I looked at him & said "No. You're wrong.Period.endofconversation."

I love him but he'd still be wearing the same clothes he wore in high school (& he can which makes me so very angry) if I'd let him.

That said, RDJ has moved up to #4 on my kitchen list right below Roger Clyne, Jon Bon Jovi & Hugh Jackman passing Jason Lee by miles.

Posted by: wadejg | January 12, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Yes, byoolin, the grotto will have the statue - in full color.

But wait, there's more!

Hanging along the walls will be: PC monitors covered in spit takes; crutches that had been used by lame jokes but converted to primo snark; empty bottles of maple syrup; pieces of Elias_Howe's most excellent inventions gone bad; and lists of discarded and re-worked candidates for caption-of-the-week.

Oh, yeah, and a collection bax.

Eagerly looking forward to booking the first pilgrimage bus tour, I remain,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 12, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

According to "J.Lo replaces Brangelina at the Globes":
Brad and Angie were originally supposed to have presented the first award at last night's Golden Globes, but the Oscar folks are allegedly trying to undermine the attention the Globes receive by threatening celebs with not being asked to present at the Oscars if they also present at the Globes, and this was the supposedly reason Brangelina dropped out and Jennifer Lopez presented the first award instead.

My question: Don't the Oscars have a lot more to lose from Brangelina not presenting there than Brangelina have to lose if they don't get asked to present at the Oscars? While I can believe the Oscar folks are stupid enough to run the risk of shooting themselves in the foot that way, I can't believe that Brangelina would actually capitulate to such bullying tactics.

Queen Liz, Sorcerer's cat or anyone else: do you have any inside info re this?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

So much for "nothing too ostentatious." (Nice bit about the crutches/lame jokes, 'Mudge.) I was hoping to avoid having to hire multilingual (English and Canadian) tourguides. But to do it right, I suppose we'll need that local colour.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 12, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

This is probably a stupid, ignorant question. I try to keep up with these things, so I have no idea how this slipped below my radar - did Brangelina get married??? I am seeing more captions referring to the pair as "husband" and "wife." Or, did I just miss something?

Posted by: smc68 | January 12, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

smc68, you're correct that Brangelina didn't get married yet. But I suppose a reasonable argument could be made that by this point they have a common-law marriage.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone else get the impression that RDJ was trashed last night? At one point, they cut to a shot of him at his table and he had his sunglasses on. Maybe it was just me....hope he's not using again....

Posted by: ArlingtonVA1 | January 12, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Brangelina may have snubbed Ryan, but it was pretty funny how the camera seemed to most definitely snub b*tchy Angie. Many shots of Brad during the ceremony, NONE of her. Heheh.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 12, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

It occurs to me that we've missed the window of opportunity to use "Kanye West" and "propper nacked" in the same sentence.

Owe, the humanity!

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 12, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Pookie finally arrived to do Q&A on the Globes:

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Nosy Parker:

re: Brangelina's common law marriage - I believe it is not just how long they are together living as man and wife but they must HOLD THEMSELVES OUT AS BEING MARRIED -to be common law married.

I could be wrong - but their residency in La. may qualify them for common law marriage. Last I checked, S.C. and D.C. still had common law marriage - and it can be tricky b/c, upon desolution (divorce) the common law spouse obtains the same property rights to assests as a legally sanctioned marriage.

But I think what's really going on is they said a bunch of inane stuff about why they weren't getting married (in the past) and they are trying to get married without everyone calling them on their past comments. So they are encouraging this misperception.

Or maybe she won't marry him.

Posted by: Amelia5 | January 12, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Amelia! I think in at least some states common-law marriage has a seven-year minimum for the relationship, as well as the couple representing themselves as tantamount to being married. What about couples who've been together more than seven years but who don't want to be considered common-law married despite public perceptions to the contrary?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Byool, are you on a snark-steroid cycle? Your slugging percentage today is 1000. Hmmm, Byoolin works in Pittsburgh. Barry Bonds broke into MLB with the Pirates. Bonds breaks the home run record. Byoolin sets the record in snark. Coincidence?

I wonder if Van Pool Bob is Byoolin's contact.

Obviously, if we ever have a Lizard Island Award, aka, the Snarkie, it would have to be a gold statuette of the Lindbergh baby.

Hmmm, are methinks and moi the only two Lizards who watched jack's shenanigans last night? I would have figured Dorkus as a 24 fan, but what do I know? I'm preparing for the Inaugural Ball by looking for some shampoo and conditioner endorsed by Mickey Rourke, and an evening gown endorsed by Renee Zellweger for ms. Snatchquatch. We plan on making a scene.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 12, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Oh Sas, I definitely wouldn't recommend Micky's shampoo for you. Think of the stains you would leave behind on the furniture. (kind of reminds me of an old SNL skit).

Posted by: hodie | January 12, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Sas', 24 started when I was still in school and since I was always busy I never got into it. I think last night I was watching the History Channel discussing the end of the world, and I find it oddly reassuring knowing that it's only a few years away in 2012. I did spend some time this weekend watching season three of Babylon 5, so I lived up to my non de plume.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 12, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

And make a scene you will, Sas and Ms Snatch.

With the Micky Rourke line of products slathered on your pelt, you'll be able to make your way through crowds by slliding through the cracks.

And the delightful Ms Snatchquatch in a Rene gown, well, it goes without saying . . .

As ever,

Robin Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 12, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

hodie
stains you would leave behind on the furniture

When I was a kid, my elderly great-auntie had a bunch of cotton antimacassars on the backs of her upholstered chairs in the parlor (really!) that she'd crocheted before arthritis set in on her hands. Always wondered about that term, turns out that macassar was greasy hair goop that men once used, which would come off on when they'd lean their heads back in easy chairs.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, I wasted some time late Saturday-early Sunday watching the damn fool Signs of the Apocalypse show on Discovery. Anytime that someone rolls out a "Left behind" author as an authority on anything but the sociology of fundamentalist delusions, you know the program is a real stinker. Also, you may have noticed how Discovery is recycling many of their CGI snippets from programs aired in the last three years. I wonder when Discovery will showcase their CGI recycling in a program on their Planet Green channel.

Babylon 5......to think I used to be addicted to that show.

Dorkus, it might interest you to know that two former executive of the Star Trek franchise -- the infamous Brannon Braga and Manny Cotto -- are at the center of the 24 production team.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 12, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, now I can't help but think about that scene in Coming to America where they leave the stains on the couch.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 12, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Robin Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 12, 2009 2:28 PM

-------------------------------------------

I could pair that comment with Dr. Hodie's "stain on the couch" comment and come up with something awful.

But I won't.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 12, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, careful what you say about immigrants! Great-auntie was my first relative on that side of the family to have been born in America (I suspect great-Grandma was pregnant with her when they arrived).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 12, 2009 2:36 PM

That's where I got the idea from, not SNL. Thanks for helping me with my senility, Dorcus. (shaking my head at the idea you were still in highschool when 24 premiered).

Posted by: hodie | January 12, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

hodie, it was college, not high school.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 12, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

A couple comments about the women at the Golden Globes:

(1) Susan Sarandon, the tuxedo look is fine, but please, by all that is holy, get your breasts up in a bra. Any lower and you'll have to tuck them into your pants.

(2) J-Lo, that looked worked about 10 years ago. Not so much now.

(3) Rene Zellweger...there's not much that can be said but it's clear you're not taking your meds anymore. Please get back on them: stat!

ps...Kate Winslet was stunning.

Posted by: pras40 | January 12, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus
hodie, it was college, not high school.

As I type this, Lizards are gathering around the Tiki Bar to drown their sorrows.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2009 3:12 PM
-----------------------------------------
Nosy, I'm holding off on my ration of grog until 24 comes on tonight. That's when 24 fans play the 24 Drinking Game. I anticipate that tonight I'll have to chug the entire glass when Jack yells, "Dammit, Tony!"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 12, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Brangelina have been together long enough to qualify for common law marriage, have they? I think it's 10 years here in CA.

I'm guessin' they'll go the Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russell route and never "officially" tie the knot, as I'm also guessin' Angie doesn't want to get married as she doesn't want another divorce.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 12, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

hodie, it was college, not high school.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 12, 2009 3:08 PM

Dorkus, I feel soooo much better, thanks....right.

Posted by: hodie | January 12, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I'll stop making everyone feel old.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 12, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, Dorkus, thanks for that. I was liking the Babylon 5 references. Now ....

Different states have different time periods for common law marriages ranging from a few days to a few years. The key is what the COUPLE says. The state or anybody else cannot step in and declare them married. The couple deciding is the whole point of common law marriage. What Brangelina are doing I have no clue. I like the theory they are trying to cover up from their earlier comments since their proclamations in favor of gay marriage did not result in an immediate rush to allow them everywhere.

I think the cameras kept off Angie during the show because she has a tendency to be a nasty loser. If someone else wins an award she is up for, she is not a happy camper and lets it show. That would hurt her image as St. Angie.

Posted by: epjd | January 12, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | January 12, 2009 4:11 PM

Is that true? I think it would make for great ratings. I might actually watch if I get to see someone have a hissy fit. Those shows are soooooo boring and self congratulatory.

Posted by: hodie | January 12, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Whoops.

Thanks for not taking my comment to the next level, Sas, even though we all already know what it is (hint: cracks + stains + sliding + couch = "the next level").

Gratefully yours,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 12, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Remember when Faith Hill stood up as the winner was being announced at one of those music award shows, only it turned out Carrie Underwood won instead? Does it get any better than that?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2009 4:34 PM

-------------------------------------------
Nosy, it gets a lot better when I change the channel away from the Country Music Awards.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 12, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Thank you, Nosy Parker, for revealing the term for those little crocheted thingy-doobers that old ladies put on the backs of chairs.

And thank you, JLo. I am not the only unfortunate soul to acquire love handles after the birth of my kids. Somehow, the gold ensemble of yours just made me feel better.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 12, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

What, nobody's going to comment on the fact that Gael García Bernal and his baby mama look creepily like brother and sister? I mean, eek.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | January 12, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ASinMoCo | January 12, 2009 5:36 PM

===
It's the matchy-matchy plaid shirts. Dolores looks suspiciously like his last squeeze, Natalie Portman, so I think he's definitely attracted to a certain type.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 12, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

"Thank you, Amelia5, for explaining common law marriage. I think it should be banned for straight people, since it clearly poses a threat to traditional marriage."

LMAO!!! Thank you, mdreader01, you just gave me an idea on how to have some fun here in the land of idiotic ballot propositions that find their way into every statewide election.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 12, 2009 7:05 PM | Report abuse