Posted at 8:01 AM ET, 01/30/2009

Morning Mix: Hasselbeck Expecting; Kanye West Hires 'Shoe Cleaner'

By Liz Kelly

Dakota Fanning arrives at the premiere of her new movie, 'Push,' in Los Angeles on Thursday. (Getty Images)
Friday

Headlines: Evan Rachel Wood says Mickey Rourke is too old for her... Jessica Simpson thanks Virginia fans for support in wake of weight focus... Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore tweet their dismay with noisy neighbor... Elisabeth Hasselbeck expecting third child... Ricky Gervais to make "Sesame Street" appearance... Taylor Swift launching line of $14 dresses... Amy Winehouse's London home burgled... Heath Ledger insurance money paid out to daughter Matilda... "House Bunny" star Anna Faris engaged... Kimora Lee and Russell Simmons finalize divorce.

Pix and Video: Mischa Barton not a huge Kanye West fan... Angelica Huston rocks a bikini on Caribbean vacation.

Rumor Mill: Kanye West hires "shoe cleaner" to care for his 450 pairs... George Clooney dating game show contestant?... Pam Anderson met new boyfriend in a trailer park... Madonna moving sons to New York for school.

Say What?
"Couldn't they at least cast a real actress?" -- Faye Dunaway, upon hearing HIlary Duff is set to star in a remake of "Bonnie and Clyde."

Celebrity Super Bowl Picks

By Liz Kelly  | January 30, 2009; 8:01 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analyses: Jughead
Next: Friday List: Most Annoying TV Personality Ever?

Comments

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Evan Rachel Wood is absolutely exquisite in that photo.

Posted by: jelo | January 30, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Faye, I couldn't agree with you more.

Posted by: petalceleb | January 30, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

jelo, I agree with you, the pic of Evan Rachel Wood is a great way to start the day.

I love the quote at the end of the JS article, "If Tony Romo's happy, everybody else need to be too."

-Which would be great except for yesterday's piece on Tony canoodling with another woman in Jessica's house.

Ashton, you don't own the world, your neighbor can renovate his house without your approval. Go back to misspelling words, you nit-twit.

Ok, check out the link to the Lego movie characters in the Ricky Gervais article, so awesome.

I love that they use quotes when calling Mischa Barton an actress.

With the way the recession is going, I might just apply for the job of Kanye's shoe cleaner. You gotta figure it's steady employment.

Pamela Anderson with a guy from a trailer park? Well it's a step-up from Kid Rock. (Who says Canadians don't have good taste?)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 30, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Faye, love the quote, but how's this. Instead of finding a real actress, why doesn't Hollywood come up with a new movie idea instead of a remake?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 30, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Amy Winehouse's London home burgled...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hope they didn't take her bongs, crack pipes or syringes... That would be utterly devastating.

Posted by: ChaoticCracker | January 30, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Oh Faye, that's not the half of it. In today's Hollywood, they could come up with an actress with a rap sheet.
***

Kimora and Russell are calling the reason for their divorce "dissolution." Meantime, Kimora is pregnant by actor Djimon Hounsou. Rather than "dis-solution", I think the reason really is "dat problem."
***

INFDaily is reading way too much into that Misha/Kanye picture. They always look disinterested.
***

And am I the only one who was hoping that "George Clooney Dating Game Show Host Contestant?" meant that he was actually going to be on one of those dating game shows? I was actually hoping for an episode of "Millionaire Matchmaker" where Patti Stanger gets to the bottom of why he's still single.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 30, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ssg3 | January 30, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Shouldn't the bikini pic been of Evan Rachel Wood instead of Angelia Houston? Who does Angelica think she is? Helen Mirren?

Yes, Rachel, Mickey Rourke is too old for you. Ask him if he cares. I'm too old for you, too. Ask me if I care.

Is Kanye West looking for a shoe cleaner or a boot licker? I'm guessing the latter. Dorkus, you may want to hold back on submitting your resume.

Amy Winehouse has a house? Must be a crack house.

Is Mischa Barton on the LiLo diet? She should shift to the Jessica Simpson diet.

Pam Anderson finds love in a trailer park? That's Karma with a capital K. People, you can't make up these things. Maybe Pam can find someone for Jessica Simpson. Jessica would find right into the trailer park scene. Some deranged people are claiming that she's already a doublewide.

Finally, let me offer the Hasselbecks an appropriate name for their upcoming child: Damien.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

I am really sorry I clicked on that picture of Angelica Huston. Not a pretty sight. -- ssg3

***

Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to go there. She's a great actress, I just don't want to see her in a bikini.

Evan Rachel says the press and Mr. Rourke disrepected her with the hook-up rumors. What did Micky do? Maybe he did mistake her pants for his pants after all and inadvertently slipped his hand in there when he spotted a photographer.

Thanks to the Celebritology Gods for another day without a mention or photo of Posh Beckhem (or however you spell her name). Shoot, just realized I kinda spoiled it.

Dakota Fanning is turning into a real cutey.

450 pairs of shoes? For a guy? Sounds like a serious fetish thing to me.

Forget the debate over Hillary Duff's acting abilities. Why would anyone think that Bonnie and Clyde needs to be remade. Great, great movie. Every part is perfectly cast and acted. The "remake" will suck. This is just wrong. What's next, a remake of Psycho? (Oh yeah ...)

Posted by: rashibama | January 30, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

I think that someone [ahem] needs to find and post a shot of Jessica Simpson in last night's skin tight outfit. After scalding my eyes with Angelica Houston in a bikini, I think that's the least we can expect.-The Sas'

******************************************

Ask and ye shall receive:

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 30, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Liz - Thanks for the Celeb Superbowl predictions! I doubt I could have gotten through my day without knowing who Phyllis Diller, Florence Henderson and Wayne Newton were rooting for. Awesome!

Posted by: JLRGG | January 30, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

JSimp looks much better in the leather pants than those awful jeans. Its all about proper fit.

Posted by: jelo | January 30, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Thank you, Dorkus. I feel much better now. Well, parts of me feel much better now.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I like the celeb Superbowl predictions. I'm in the same boat as Carl Lewis though. I've been in the mindset that the football season ended back on December 28th.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 30, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Yikes, I have something in common with Mischa Barton.

Besides my fashion sense, I mean.

Posted by: jaybbub | January 30, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Yay Jessica Simpson - you got my Charlottesville mentioned in the media!

Posted by: jaybbub | January 30, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Also, what's wrong with me? I'm a straight woman but I don't get the George Clooney swoon-worthiness. He seems like kind of a d!ck. Any help???

Posted by: jaybbub | January 30, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

George Clooney is swoon-worthy in my book but he has interesting taste in women. I only wish he'd been around when I was serving drinks at the Officer's Club. I mighta had a shot...working class gal, real breasts, brunette... Oh well, c'est la vie.

Posted by: pras40 | January 30, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Will Pam Anderson and her boyfriend act like trailers and get hitched?

Her new boyfriend is a diver. Did Pam notice the "Divers do it deeper" sticker on his car, and want to measure him against Tommy Lee?

jaybub, what do you have in common with Mischa Barton? Did you sit next to Kanye West?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

No, Sas, didn't sit next to him. Just "not a fan" of him.

Oh, and let's hear the Friday love for The Swayze! Don't know how well he's doing....

Posted by: jaybbub | January 30, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Pam Anderson and trailer park is a match made in heaven. But futher research (!) shows that the "trailer park" is in Malibu and, like much else in Malibu, is not the same as a trailer park in say, West Virginia. Although frankly, Pam might be at home there, too.

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 30, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I don't even want to think about the jokes you guys would be making if they
were ScarJo's shoes that were getting polished....

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 30, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

And whoa nelly! Jessica Simpson sure better stay away from the Cracker Barrel....or maybe she is expecting octopuplets.

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 30, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Nice take-up, possum_pouch!

Must I say it again? George "dreamy" Clooney is not that interested in women.

As ever,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 30, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

My impression of that photo- Mischa was just in her usual state (drunken stupor) while Kanye was basking in his own glow- wondering who the hell is going to clean all of his shoes.

Not a big fan of that twit Jessica Simpson but I think the flak she is getting for her weight gain (what of about 10-15 lbs?)is ridiculous. She made the bad decision to put on those unflattering jeans and now she is porky pig? She is still an attractive looking woman in my opinion.

And Pam, dating someone she met in a trailer park? I guess this was inevitable, given the dudes she has been with in the past.

Posted by: plamar1031 | January 30, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Maybe that's what I'm picking up on, Curmudgeon....

Posted by: jaybbub | January 30, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

As the resident conservative on this blog, let me just say that Hasselbeck really doesn't represent the modern conservative women: we don't sit home popping out babies. I don't care if she has a "job," it obviously does not require much effort.

I don't care how much Jessica Simpson weighs, I just want her away from Romo.

The Pam Anderson item is just too easy. Kinda like her.

Posted by: epjd | January 30, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

OK, ep, I'll bite. Who would be some better-qualified conservative woman candidates for "The View"? Patricia Heaton? Seems like the best ones appear on "Meet The Press" or "This Week" with George Snuffleupagus.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 10:51 AM

A very appropriate suggestion, Sas but I wonder if they will elect to use Elias's machine instead. Wonder what it will come up with.

Jessica looks healthy to me. More than I can say for Mischa. Get that girl a sandwhich. Perhaps it is hypoglycemia that makes her look bored.

I think the "ick" factor far outweighed the age factor for Evan and Mickey. Glad she woke up and smelled the coffee (or was that smell something else?).

Not sure I would call Angelica's appearance in a bikini "rockin" (a little paunch and the girls hang a bit too low) but I admire the attitude. I have certainly seen worse.

Clooney on the dating game???? How do I sign up?? Mr. Hodie who? (just kidding hon!)

Pam met new Boyfriend in a trailor park. Isn't it nice when the world runs as it is supposed to?

Posted by: hodie | January 30, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | January 30, 2009 12:31 PM

*******************************************

If that were true, a certain Miss Scarlett, would be the current Mrs. Maximus.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 30, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

ep,

Having a third child doesn't really count as "popping out babies".

However, not being able to figure out that one is pregnant does not bode well for that particular conservative woman and her brain.

Maybe Miss Elizabeth thinks her other two children were found under cabbage leaves in the garden . . . and if one just doesn't look in the cabbage patch one won't have more children then they want.

Easy-peasy conservative-style family planning, eh?

Respectfully,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 30, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Hey folks! The front page washingtonpost.com Celebritology links take you on a Wayback tour to April 22, 2008. Wasn't that on or about Booby Kennedy Day?
Enjoy the Blast from the Past!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

If that were true, a certain Miss Scarlett, would be the current Mrs. Maximus.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 30, 2009 12:33 PM

---------------------------------------
Catch her on the rebound, Dorkus. Meanwhile, think of the BJs awaiting you in North Carolina.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Mudge, I gotta agree. If it were her first kid, I could see wondering about the nausea and stuff. But, your third????? You should be aware of the signs by now.

Nosy, any conservative women with a brain that doesn't get pregnant every year would be a good choice. I would tell it, just to tell that nasty Joy Behar off. She wouldn't even look at McCain when he was on the show. Fine, don't agree with him. But, he is a guest on your show, treat him with courtesy and at least look at him. Of course, that show will never let an intelligent conservative on, it would ruin the show's premise that all conservatives are idiots and/or evil and liberals are wonderful and warm and fuzzy and the only hope of the world.

Okay, getting off politics.

Posted by: epjd | January 30, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

When Elisabeth Hasselbeck announced her first pregnancy, she explained that she hadn't been sure she could have kids owing to some unspecified female problem. So I'm guessing that she doesn't use contraception. Also am guessing that she's gugged that she can't be the next Mrs. Duggar.

Which reminds me, allegedly the new mom of octopuplets (thanks, Possum!) already had six kids, and may have obtained fertility meds from a foreign seller online. Wonder if she figured she could short-cut her way to landing her own TV show about a mega-family?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Yay Jessica Simpson - you got my Charlottesville mentioned in the media!

Posted by: jaybbub | January 30, 2009 11:10 AM

I agree, jaybbub, wish it could've been someone other than Jessica, though. I wonder how much time she spent on Rugby Road.

And between 50 cent's comment yesterday and Faye's today...hooray for the celeb-on-celeb snark!

Posted by: eet7e | January 30, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 12:49 PM
What's the title of that show gonna be? I sure hope those kids have short names! Mom, Gramps, Grammy, Bobby, Sue, Johnny, Ann, Mary, and Petey plus eight... Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like John and Kate....

Posted by: hodie | January 30, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

hodie, if that woman has one more litter of octopuplets, she'll surpass poor Mrs. Duggar, who's been doing the work the old-fashioned way, one (or two) at a time, for a couple decades now.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, Mrs Duggar's uterus must be hanging down by her knees about now. I would not want to sit next to her at a comedy club either.

Posted by: hodie | January 30, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, Mrs Duggar's uterus must be hanging down by her knees about now.-hodie

*******************************************

Is that a professional opinion, doc?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 30, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

hodie
I would not want to sit next to her at a comedy club either.

SPLOOT!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Milbank took TWO of my comments on his noontime chat today. I feel so validated!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 1:15 PM

-------------------------------------
O-Tay!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

You could tell that was mine, Sas? You're a true connoisseur of style!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, Mrs Duggar's uterus must be hanging down by her knees about now.

Posted by: hodie | January 30, 2009 1:10 PM
--------------------------------------------
Not to worry. Her boobs hide her uterus.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

ep,

Having a third child doesn't really count as "popping out babies".

Curmudgeon

Why not?

Posted by: jezebel3 | January 30, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Sick minds think alike, Nosy.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I ♥ Cryptids!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Mrs Duggar's uterus must be hanging down by her knees about now.

Posted by: hodie | January 30, 2009 1:10 PM
--------------------------------------------
Not to worry. Her boobs hide her uterus.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 1:21 PM

Dorkus, Professionally, I can't imagine that it is not hanging really low. She has had very little time when she has not either been pregnant or breastfeeding so doubt she has ever had it repaired surgically. Bet she has a pessary like great-grandma.

Sas, Sploot again!!!

Posted by: hodie | January 30, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Where's our Poet Laureate today? Has Byoolin shuffled off to Buffalo for BJs?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 12:47 PM
******************************************
Most people here in South Carolina don't go to North Carolina for their BJs. They go to Cumming (which is in Georgia)

Posted by: SugarMagnolia22 | January 30, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Evan Rachel Wood looked good. Way too much make-up. She still hasn't recovered from her goth Marilyn Manson phase.

Posted by: buffysummers | January 30, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

I just paid a visit to the Buggar...errr...Duggar Family website.

I'm ...not... feeling ...very ...well.

Are these people trying to single handedly, or single-whatever part of the body you want to name-dedly trying to reverse the fertility rate in the US population?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SugarMagnolia22 | January 30, 2009 1:42 PM

---------------------------------------
That's a SPLOOT-ing good recommendation, Sugar!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Jessica Simpson thanks her fans for their support re her recent weight gain. Perhaps she should thank Spanx and Playtex instead.

(By the way, I think she looks healthy. I'll bet her BMI is normal).

Posted by: hodie | January 30, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Sas. I work with the military and know how important such things are to them.

Posted by: SugarMagnolia22 | January 30, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

The football season is over? I live in Michigan.

Posted by: chocolatetiara | January 30, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

The thing about octopuplets is that you usually have to raffle off the runt at
the county fair, like in "Babe."

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 30, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

just paid a visit to the Buggar...errr...Duggar Family website.

I'm ...not... feeling ...very ...well.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 30, 2009 1:46 PM

Dunno, but most of the bunch looks retarded/high.

Posted by: jezebel3 | January 30, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Mudge, would you please add Possum's coinage of "octopuplets" to the Lizard Island glossary?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Yes, "octopuplets". Very good.

Spealing of huge batches of kids, what's the deal with those Duggers kids? Are they drugged or something? I've never seen so many kids with absolutely lusterless eyes. They are a gang of zombies. (I also think those musical instruments they have are fake and they don't know it.)

Yours truly,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 30, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Maybe drugging the kids into a stupor is the only the parents can wrangle them all.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Did y'all see the "Prayer Closet" on their website?
Frankly, I was wondering how these people even have the time, energy, or privacy for sex. Makes me wonder if there isn't a...um....."Humpin Closet" in Jim-Bob and Mrs. Jim-Bob's bedroom.

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 30, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

is the only way

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 30, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Maybe if one of the young'uns is wicked, they get locked in the Prayer Closet (with the spiders, devil, damp, boogey men, etc) until they repent.

As far as nookie goes, I can't imagine either of them having the energy. Maybe they frequent the his 'n' hers BJs now and again.

VTY,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 30, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Are you kidding? Mom and Dad don't have much to do anymore but visit the prayer closet. They have 16 built in baby-sitters for durn sakes.

Posted by: hodie | January 30, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if they call iot a "Prayer Closet" because jim-Bob has been heard to cry out, "oh God, oh God, oh God" when he and the missus are busy comuning with the diety.

As ever,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 30, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: buffysummers | January 30, 2009 1:45 PM
----
Same goes for Dita von Tease. Perhaps Marilyn's exes get the make-up kit as a consolation prize.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 30, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

No,no BJs are out! They are unnatural and will make you go blind because they aren't aplanting that precious seed. I mean, y'all need to ask yerself: What would Jesus do?

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 30, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

But possum, I thought Jesus didn't do "it".

VTY,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 30, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

I know. Isn't he a tease?

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 30, 2009 8:50 PM | Report abuse