Posted at 7:56 AM ET, 01/29/2009

Morning Mix: No Wrestlemania for Rourke; Jolie's Backward SAG Gown

By Liz Kelly

A fan takes a picture of Tom Cruise as he arrives for the Italian premiere of "Valkyrie" in Rome on Wednesday. (AP)
Thursday

Headlines: Mickey Rourke won't be visiting Wrestlemania, says rep... Celebs -- from Kevin Costner to Snoop Dogg -- converge in Tampa for Super Bowl... Why did Angelina Jolie wear her SAG Awards gown backward?... Michael Lohan blames "SaMANtha" Ronson for Lindsay's weight loss, alleged cutting... Scarlett Johansson wishes she was "10 years older"... Jennifer Aniston's dating advice: No cherry tomatoes... Donnie Osmond says he's definitely not headed to "Dancing With the Stars"... "Simpsons" star Nancy Cartwright uses Bart Simpson voice to promote Scientology event... John Landis suing Michael Jackson for "Thriller" royalties.

Pix and Video: Mischa Barton channels "A Clockwork Orange"... Britney Spears shows off reformed abs... Whoopi Goldberg reenacts racy PETA ad.

Rumor Mill: Tony Romo cheated on Jessica Simpson in her own house, says tabloid... Jake Gyllenhaal allegedly kicks paparazzo... Michael Cera on board for "Arrested Development" movie, says co-star Jeffrey Tambor... Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler off again... Brooke Hogan set to wrestle Rick Flair's son at Florida state fair?... Hugh Hefner's 19-year-old twin girlfriends spotted outside medical marijuana store.

Say What?
"As soon as you develop the Diddy syndrome, you put a little more grease in your hair, and soon enough, you’re selling cologne." -- 50 Cent opines on one of the dangers of stardom. (Second item)

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for an hour of celebrity smack talk, then tune in at 3 p.m. ET for the "Lost" hour.

By Liz Kelly  | January 29, 2009; 7:56 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Reality Check: "Housewives'" Alex McCord Still Annoying
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analyses: Jughead

Comments

Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard while he was still sane told his son
"You know how to get rich... start a religion." admitting that Scientology is nothing but a fictionally created story.
Scientology is nothing but a corporation that thrives off the ignorance of it's followers by selling them and whoever else books, and courses on how to "improve" themselves spiritually.
One of their expensive scams is that they will sell you for extremely large
amounts of money a series of books that in the end are supposed to teach you how to walk through walls.... and after spending long hours of self deceptive meditation, a lot of money, and reading you become brainwashed to believe that you can actually walk through walls and when you try to and end up bumping your nose against the wall you are told that you couldn't do it because you're not ready yet however there are more books and courses available that will someday make it possible for you to do so for larger amounts of money butt not really.
Scientology = manipulative corporate scam brainwashing moneybaggers club
Scientologist = manipulated misguided fool

I know someone who got sucked into Scientology, I didn't know he was a Scientologist until one day, about 4 years ago, he said "Rob here's a book you should read." He passed me Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard. I laughed and said "L. Con Flubbfart ha forget it." For the first time in the years since I've known the guy he displayed anger and I'm talking very angry!!! Verbally with an agressive face.
After that display he went on to talk about the ability to walk through walls, he hasn't reached that level but he plans on getting there etc...
I've also heard of that course from an ex-Scientologist and neither of them know each other
Here's a website that describes some of the unusual deaths of Scientology members

Here's an interview with L. Ron. Hubbards' son

There must be 50 ways to leave your Scientology master
You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
and get yourself free

Posted by: roblindblad | January 29, 2009 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Oy. Do we have the beginnings of a BKD already?

Asking Jennifer "I F***** John Mayer" Aniston for dating advice is a little like asking Scarlett Johansson for singing lessons, isn't it?

Bart Simpson promotes Scientology? Didn't he learn anything from that episode in which they saved Homer from worshipping a potato?

Bolshy great yarblockos, Mischa Barton! Horrorshow! Even my droogs wouldn't enjoy the old in-out, in-out with that malenky devotchka.

Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler off again. Off what? Meds? The wagon? (Please, God, let it be) life support?

"Brooke Hogan set to wrestle Rick Flair's son at Florida state fair?" Brooke's mom, more likely.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 29, 2009 8:44 AM | Report abuse

While I'm not ahuge 50 cent fan, I gotta applaud that guy on the Diddy comment. Well done, sir.

Celebs to converge on Super Bowl? I bet the Super Bowl ain't got nothin' compared to last week's hubbub in DC, apologies to Matt Damon.

Posted by: eet7e | January 29, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

"Why did Angelina Jolie wear her SAG Awards gown backward?..."

She dressed herself.

"There must be 50 ways to leave your Scientology master"

roblindblad wins the Celeb prize for longest run-on sentence of the week.

Posted by: jezebel3 | January 29, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone else notice that the "fan" taking the picture above appears to cut off Wee Tom's head and seems to actually be taking a photo of his suit? Odd. It *is* a nice suit, though.

Happy Thursday!
sunnydaze

Posted by: VaLGaL | January 29, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

New Lizard Motto

Where's the cucumber?

Posted by: anonthistime | January 29, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Is Wee Tom's next role a women's basketball coach? Cause he sure is looking the part.
And I am too scared to look at Whoopi's video. Is she Frenching the cabbage? Or what? Perhaps fondling vegetable matter is a job that Lilo could get....
Agreed with the JEN dating advice. Since her most constant significant other is her dog, I think her problems go way beyond cherry tomatoes.

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 29, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Caption

Notice that the shot excludes Wee Tommy's head. Accident? I think not.

Whoopi Goldberg reenacts racy PETA ad.

Good thing the Whoopster didn't use an artichoke or cardoon.

Tony Romo cheated on Jessica Simpson in her own house, says tabloid.

Starting to think Jess is too classy for Romo, which is sayin' a lot.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Nice Clockwork Orange byoolin. Mischa doesn't pull it off at all.

When ScarJo IS actually 10 years older, we'll hear her complaining how there are no good movie roles written for women in their 30s.

Posted by: jelo | January 29, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

VaLGaL, I noticed too, but didn't see your post while typing my comments. Great minds think alike!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

"Since her most constant significant other is her dog,"

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!

Posted by: eet7e | January 29, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Either way - front or back - Angelina's dress was hideous!

Posted by: arka | January 29, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Whoopi Goldberg reenacts racy PETA ad.

Good thing the Whoopster didn't use an artichoke or cardoon.

Not to mention a prickly pear...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

50 cent, that comment is worth a dollar at least! Don't sell yourself short. Fabulous!

Micky Rourke is not going to Wrestlemania afterall. I get the impression he was just talking big to impress the young chicks, like Evan. Amazingly, it worked. I'm still a bit nauseated from yesterdays snogging headline.

Why did Angelina wear her dress backwards? Probably for the same reason teenagers wear their sweatshirts inside-out. They are dirty and it extends the wear. Hard to get the laundry done when you're not in the same country for more than two days in a row....

Jennifer Aniston advises no cherry tomatoes on dates...Don't underestimate the wisdom of this advice. These are words to live by people!

Nancy Cartwright, "Eat my shorts!"

Any brain bleach left over from yesterday? Need it just seeing the headline about Whoopi and the racy PETA ad.

Posted by: hodie | January 29, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I think the American Cattle Ranchers Association ought to send a check to Whoopi for making vegetables completely unappetizing.

Really Jennifer Aniston, your dating advice would be 'no cherry tomatoes'? What about staying away from Vince Vaughn, or a certain star of Fight Club?

Oh Tony Romo, way to drop the ball. And dude, what's up with cheating on Jessica?

Remember Bart Simpson says "don't have a thetan man."

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Jennifer Aniston advises no cherry tomatoes on dates

PETA recommends larger produce, too.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Scarlett dear - You'll be 10 years older soon enough and will wish you were 10 years younger. Trust me on this.

Posted by: JLRGG | January 29, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Scarlett, you could be 10 years older, or 20 years older, and I'll always think you're sexy.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Okay, I clicked through to the "See Angelina's Fashion Choices" (or whatever the link was).

10 years ago, she used that megawatt smile - what happened to that? She's mysterious earth mother now or something?

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | January 29, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

roblindblad: "... admitting that Scientology is nothing but a fictionally created story."

As opposed to Jonas and the Whale.

Posted by: rashibama | January 29, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Gotta love it when Fiddy calls out Diddy.

Posted by: jaybbub | January 29, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

OK, make that Jonah.
Still ...

Posted by: rashibama | January 29, 2009 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I also wish ScarJo was 10 years older. And I kinda like "Jonas and the Whale." Sounds like an upcoming Hugh Jackman movie.

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 29, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Next time Angelina wants to show off only her tatoos, I suggest she purchase a nice product that they sell on the TV every night.

Hodie, I think the only young lady that would have been impressed with Mickey Rourke's Wrestlemania stint is Brooke Hogan.

The real Tom Cruise head + a headless viewfinder picture = bobblehead.

John Landis says that Michael Jackson does not have right to license games, toys and comics based on the "Thriller" video.

Does that mean the Broadway musical will have to feature some other sort of monster? Will Paula Abdul have to come out of retirement to choreograph a new set of dances?

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 29, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

"Why did Angelina Jolie wear her SAG awards gwon backward?" sounds like the beginning of a bad joke...

Jennifer Aniston...yawn. Go away already!

Posted by: clw96 | January 29, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

I thought the Tom Cruise photo was of his wax likeness at Madame Tussaud's. Seriously. Shiny. Has he had work done?

ScarJo, even if you were 10 years older, you're still not my type. Carpe diem already. Sheesh. These young people, wishing their lives away.

You know, the idea of a "Thriller" musical means that other "story" songs like "Movin' Out" and "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" are next.

(Oh wait. Twyla. Right....)

Give Broadway time to catch up and we'll have "November Rain: The Musical" and "Meatloaf Presents: Paradise by the Dashboard Light."

Ain't no doubt about it!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 29, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I'm just trying to imagine "Thriller the Broadway musical." Would it just be based on the video's storyline, but throw in other songs from the album. Or would there just be dancing zombies and that repetitive bass line for a couple of hours?

Posted by: rashibama | January 29, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I also just remembered "Barry Manilow's 'Copacabana,'" which did pretty well as a touring show and I think was in Vegas for a while.

So for those of you who couldn't get the Olivia Newton-John songs out of your head yesterday, I now give you, "Her name was Lola. She was a showgirl...." (Thank me later as you "meringue and do the cha-cha".)

You just know that some Broadway producer's intern is now watching tons of 80s videos and writing down story ideas. ("Hey boss, what about "Christmas Wrapping" by the Waitresses? We cast Mandy Moore as the girl and Justin Timberlake as that guy she's been chasing all year.")

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 29, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

td, I thought exactly the same thing!
(by the way, Moving Out, the musical, has been done. It stunk, we left at intermission- and I am a BJ fan).

Posted by: hodie | January 29, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Brooke Hogan set to wrestle Rick Flair's son at Florida state fair?...

Is that what those crazy kids are calling it these days? Didn't Florida arrest Jim Morrison for less?

Posted by: jes11 | January 29, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

rashibama, I give you "Saturday Night Fever." Songs from the movie plus other Bee Gees songs, e.g., the melodramatic rendition of "Tragedy" that ended with what's-his-name falling off the bridge....

Oh (I'll stop after this), and surely someone has to stage "Dan Fogelberg's Same Auld Lang Syne." Flashbacks! Snow turning to rain! Simple sets, too (I mean, the song takes place in a grocery store and a car.)

This is such a good idea that I think I'll call my agent now, in fact. I smell NOSTALGIA!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 29, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Oh td, thanks a lot!

"with yellow flowers in her hair and a dress cut down to there...."

Posted by: VaLGaL | January 29, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Every time I look at the front-page splash for Eye on Entertainment, I see Brad Pitt sneering at me. By contrast, Wee Tom actually looks good in the above shot. Maybe because he's not doing his normal "I'm baring all my teeth in what I think is a smile but is actually more like the expression on the face of a nervous shark."

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | January 29, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget "Jersey Boys" and "Mamma Mia."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Coming soon to a stage near you, Lizard Jim the Musican. Please note that Lizard Jim has nothing to do with the lizards of Celebritology. He came first. So to speak.

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 29, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

MusicaL, I mean. He was already a Musician.

Posted by: reddragon1 | January 29, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget "Jersey Boys" and "Mamma Mia."

But "Lennon: The Musical," not so much.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

"Meatloaf Presents: Paradise by the Dashboard Light."

Ain't no doubt about it!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 29, 2009 11:14 AM

*******************************************

Hey now hold on there Mr. "I was quoting Olivia Newton-John All Day Yesterday". Paradise wouldn't actually be so bad if if kept the same over the top styling of Meatloaf.

On a side note, I've always wanted to sing that song at karaoke but I can never find a female partner who has heard of the song.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Stop right there! I gotta know right now !....Before we go any further do you love me?

Posted by: hodie | January 29, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Now I'm praying for the end of time cause it's all I can do, do , do!....

Posted by: hodie | January 29, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Well, let me sleep on it, baby, baby, let me sleep on it...let me sleep on it, I'll give you my answer in the morning...

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Don't be cold and lonely this deep dark night. Come and see

DORKUS MAXIMUS & SCARLETT JOHANSSON
(barely seventeen -- and barely dressed!)

starring in Broadway's newest hit

MEATLOAF'S
Paradise by the Dashboard Light

You'll love it forever.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 29, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 12:00 PM
***********************************
Are you serious? That's my karoke song!

Posted by: suzannepdc | January 29, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Let me recast this new masterpiece....

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Don't be cold and lonely this deep dark night. Come and see

DORKUS MAXIMUS & HODIE
(barely seventeen -- and barely dressed!)

starring in Broadway's newest hit

MEATLOAF'S
Paradise by the Dashboard Light

You'll love it forever.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 29, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Watch it there, Suzanne.

Dorkus, you are obviously hanging out with the wrong women. Most intelligent women know the words to Paradise By the Dashboard Lights.

Hodie, can I have the brain bleach when you are done. Whoopie and the Peta ad is an image I did NOT need.

Brooke Hogan "wrestles" Ric Flair's son. I thought that wasn't allowed in public.

AC/DC's Back in Black is available for a musical.

Ballads work better because there is a whole story right in the song. So, there are all the teen-age death songs.

Posted by: epjd | January 29, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

MEATLOAF'S
Paradise by the Dashboard Light

You'll love it forever.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 29, 2009 12:13 PM

*******************************************

It'll have you glowin' like the metal on the edge of a knife

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

What about "American Pie the Musical" ... The Jester, the band beginning to play, Buddy Holly, good ol' boys drinking whisky and rye ... Cate Blanchett could be Dylan again; Vince Vaughn as Elvis ... maybe even bring back crazy ol' Gary Bussey to play Buddy Holly.

Posted by: rashibama | January 29, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Hoo-yah!

Buddy Holly is my main man of all time (right next to Bruce, that is).

Raving on,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 29, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

BTW, the Wee One is looking nore and more like Simon Cowell [sp?] these days.

Everyday,

Curmudgeon (again)

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 29, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

And here's the Late Snark:

Angelina Jolie did not wear her dress backwards. She wore he dress exactly the right way to showcase her best assets: her t-a-t-s. She was hoping to buy an "i" but there was no extra silicone available.

ScarJo wishes she was 10 years older so that her recent Marilyn Monroe spread would have been more believable. You can bet that she would have worn Angie's gown differently.

Regarding Jennifer Aniston's advice: Didn't this tomato lose her cherry a long time ago?

Perhaps Mischa Barton can hook up with Tony Romo for a "little bit of the old ultra-violence."

Donny Osmond passes on DWTS? Why? Is he afraid that he can't rock a pair of dance tights? Perhaps he can borrow a cucumber from the PETA ad. I hear tell that Whoopi Goildberg has a special on cukes this week.

So Jake Gyllenhaal kicks a pap. Pap should be glad that Jake was re-enacting his Jarhead role, 'caaue this time Dennis Haysbert would have let him take the shot.

Advice to Brooke Hogan: there's always room for Jello.

What we now need is for a 2-second viral video of Dan Castellaneta shouting "STOOPID SCIENTOLOGISTS!!"

Finally, what is surprising about seeing Karissa and Kristina Shannon outside a medical marijuana store? they were getting ready to go home a blow a little dope.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Angelina wanted a gown that was more blouson? Her Golden Globes dress was maternity-looking-ish up top, too. Can't help wondering if she is preggers yet again.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 29, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 12:00 PM
*****************************************

Dorkus, that's my karaoke jam

Posted by: SugarMagnolia22 | January 29, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

dorkus, looks like you have several here that could be your leading lady. I will respectfully step aside. Not sure that I could pass for 17 anymore. ep, I'd like to see you take that role.

Posted by: hodie | January 29, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus

Ooh, I bet a come-on line like this works like a charm at karaoke bars!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Ooh, I bet a come-on line like this works like a charm at karaoke bars!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 1:31 PM

*******************************************

I don't know if it works at the karaoke bars, but it seems to work here. You ladies are making me blush.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 1:36 PM

----------------------------------------------
So what are you waiting for? Don't tell me that you're holding out for ScarJo.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus
You ladies are making me blush.

Wow, you sure have a lot of good lines.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Wow, you sure have a lot of good lines.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 1:56 PM

---------------------------------------------
If you say that to LiLo, I'll betcha she'll let you do one of them.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I liked the line about the twins. I tried posting a couple of times about it ... I think I figured out you can't use certain brand names, such as one of the pharmaceuticals that help men Hef's age with their performance.

Posted by: rashibama | January 29, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Sas
If you say that to LiLo, I'll betcha she'll let you do one of them.

But then there wouldn't be enough for her.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

-and I am a BJ fan).

Posted by: hodie | January 29, 2009 11:35 AM
***

Just as I figured you were.
***

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 29, 2009 11:41 AM

***

Between a grocery store and a car, I'm not sure that's nostalgia you're smelling.
***

Posted by: epjd | January 29, 2009 12:23 PM
***
Well I remember every little thing
As if it happened only yesterday...

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 29, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

AC/DC's Back in Black is available for a musical.

========================================

Instead of Back in Black, I nominate

You Shook Me All Night Long

It's box office gold! No vocal talent needed. It's worked all these years for Brian Johnson.

Bring on ScarJo and her American thighs!!!!

Posted by: ChaoticCracker | January 29, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | January 29, 2009 12:23 PM
-------------------------------------------
And anyone who's been around the back seat a couple of times knows the last stanza.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

How about November Rain by GnR? I think that would work as a musical.

Posted by: petalceleb | January 29, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

-and I am a BJ fan).

Posted by: hodie | January 29, 2009 11:35 AM

***

I applaud my fellow Lizards for their commendable restraint at not taking this slow, fat, right-over-the-plate opportunity and banging it over the wall.

I can only imagine Sas' expression as he repeats over and over the mantra, "Hodie means Billy Joel. Hodie means Billy Joel. Hodie means Billy Joel."

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 29, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Hey everybody... It came up in the Chat today, the "worst" tv personalities. For what it's worth, here are mine:
5. Tyra Banks
4. Keith Morrison
3. Barbara Walters
2. Oprah
1. Sean Hannity

Posted by: molsonmich | January 29, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 29, 2009 3:17 PM

----------------------------------------
Byoolin, I figured that Dr. Hodie had more subtlety than that. I fancy that she and Mr. Hodie are members of BJ's Club:

I think you'd be a big BJ fan, too, if there were any BJ's in the WVA panhandle or Western PA. Too bad for you that the nearest BJs are near Buffalo, NY.

It must be terrible for you to have to trek all the way to Buffalo for BJs.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

ok, I am obviously very slow on the uptake here...

Yes, I meant Billy Joel.

byoolin or Sas, please 'splain for me what you meant.

(I have a feeling I will regret asking).

Posted by: hodie | January 29, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

It must be terrible for you to have to trek all the way to Buffalo for BJs.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 3:26 PM

***

Not so terrible: they're quite right to be talkin' proud in Buffalo about their BJs. Why, Canadians even cross the border to see what's so great about Buffalo-area BJs. There's just something about a Queen City BJ that makes you forget all the other BJs you've experienced.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 29, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Normally, I would say that I can't be mistaken for 17 anymore either. But, a nice old man at the bank today asked me if I was 16. I truly appreciated the compliment. The bank teller apologized for the old guy (trust me more was said, he was one of those flirtatious old guys). I told the teller it was fine, the old guy had earned the right to flirt with young ladies.

Back to topic, You Shook Me All Night Long would be good. I would like to see what they do with SuperFly.

Posted by: epjd | January 29, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

damn! I just got it after I hit 'submit'. Nevermind, Please don't explain!!!!!!

Posted by: hodie | January 29, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

now I'm blushing.

Posted by: hodie | January 29, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Can you believe I was studying so hard, I missed the chat? And I have to say that I don't watch much TV, but I absolutely cannot stand Soledad O'Brian. She sounds like a Munchkin except a Munchkin would have something to say. During the Inauguration parade I wanted to throttle her. Didn't all those newscasters on CNN just talk WAY too much? We never got to even hear the music or anything except Soledad crooning in her cutesy voice..bleh.

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 29, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Who's that terrible man on the Fox network morning show?

He's my choice for "worst".

Shudderingly,

Curmudgeon

PS: Coupons for BJs came in the mail yesterday . . .

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 29, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and why isn't there a "MacArthur Park: The Musical"....sung entirely on harnesses, like the Cirque du Soleil.

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 29, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Holy cow, what's happened to Cher? When I saw that picture of her on the WaPo front page, I thought it was Yoko Ono.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 29, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Californian11
Holy cow, what's happened to Cher?

Too much cosmetic surgery, too much Botox, too much collagen... Plus, hair dyed jet-black on an older person is an unflattering look, incompatible with changing skin tones.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 29, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 29, 2009 3:56 PM
--------------------------------------------
Anyone who tries to sing MacArthur must past the Richard Harris prerequisite: He or she must be stinking drunk. After singing it, he or she should then be trussed up in a harness and left out in the rain, like a wedding cake.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Californian11 | January 29, 2009 4:04 PM

*******************************************

Yeah, I bet Cher wishes she could turn back time...

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 29, 2009 3:46 PM

---------------------------------------------
...except for the BJs in Lancaster. Nothing beats BJs, except when you get to swing through Intercourse afterwards.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I missed the chat so just read the transcript, and I think the LiLo scary-skinniness is due to a return to coke. Known history of it, scary skinny pretty quickly, hangin' out with a known druggie (SamRo) ...

Posted by: Californian11 | January 29, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Ya know, we don't have any BJs here in Austin.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Ya know, we don't have any BJs here in Austin.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 4:26 PM

----------------------------------------------
I am so sorry.

The good news is that there are BJs in North Carolina, so when you are on deployment in South Carolina, BJs are only one state away! Oh joy!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

1. Baba Wawa
2. Nancy Grace
3. Oprah
4. Diane Sawyers
5. Jay Leno

Posted by: rashibama | January 29, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

You know, I am pretty sure that I have never heard the song MacArther Park. I just looked up the lyrics and all I can say is, "huh?"

Mr. sunnydaze only goes to BJs about once a month, but he wishes he could go more often...

Oh, and I saw Cher perform in Las Vegas last Fall and she was fantastic. She can still sing, she can still dance; she can still support a giant headdress made of feathers and sparkly stuff. She made me laugh; she made me cry. I was probably the youngest person in the audience.

Posted by: VaLGaL | January 29, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 29, 2009 3:46 PM

---------------------------------------------

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 4:20 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Imagine if they put BJs in Intercourse...

...it would totally redefine one stop shopping!

Posted by: ChaoticCracker | January 29, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Imagine if they put BJs in Intercourse...

...it would totally redefine one stop shopping!

Posted by: ChaoticCracker | January 29, 2009 4:56 PM
-------------------------------------------
Would definitely work better than trying to put BJs in Blue Ball.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Hodie, see what you have unleashed...

Posted by: rashibama | January 29, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

I would like to see what they do with SuperFly.

Posted by: epjd | January 29, 2009 3:46 PM
-----------------------------------------
Especially in Spanish.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Folks, it's time to mark another Day on your calendar. In addition to BKD, we now have BJD.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

And I think we all agree that there should be more BJDs.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

PS: Coupons for BJs came in the mail yesterday . . .

Posted by: bmschumacher | January 29, 2009 3:56 PM

----------------------------------------

What could be better than coupons for BJs? The best coupon for BJs is the"Buy One, Get One Free" coupon. Some BJs will even through in a free tire rotation.

I'll be that Byoolin is sorry that he doesn't get coupons for BJs in the mail.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

And I think we all agree that there should be more BJDs.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 29, 2009 5:07 PM

--------------------------------------------
And I think it's time for you to reprise that famous quote from the Princess Bride.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

For those who can't get BJs at home, there are are BJs Vacations! I kid you not! If you're like some people and look forward to vacations for BJs, your ship has come in!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 29, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

5. Geraldo Rivera
4. Brit Hume
3. Nancy Grace
2. Lou Dobbs
1. Billo

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 29, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

I'd like inform you that Scarlett Johansson "actress"actually is a clone from original person,who has nothing with acting career.Clone was created illegally using stolen biomaterial.Original Scarlett Galabekian last name is nice, CHRISTIAN young lady.I'll tell more,those clones(it's not only 1)made in GERMANY-world leader manufacturer of humans clones,it's in Ludwigshafen am Rhein,Rhineland-Palatinate,Mr.Helmut Kohl home town.You can't even imaging the scale of the cloning activity.But warning,H.Kohl staff strictly controlling their clones spreading around the world,they're NAZI type disciplined and mind controlled,be careful get close with clones you will be controlled too.Original family didn't authorize any activity with stolen biomaterials,no matter what form it was created in,it's all need to be back to original family control in Cedars-Sinai MedicalCenter in LA.Controlling clones is US military operation.Original Scarlett never was engaged,by the way

Posted by: galabs2000 | January 30, 2009 12:48 AM | Report abuse