Posted at 9:42 AM ET, 01/22/2009

Morning Mix: 'Sex and the City' Sequel On; Clooney Reportedly Returning for 'ER' Finale

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: "Benjamin Button" leads Oscar noms... Mike Myers's "The Love Guru" gets seven Razzie nominations... Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis commit to "Sex and the City" sequel... Eva Mendes tops "Most Desirable Women" list... Brangelina moving (temporarily) to 48-acre Long Island estate... Amy Winehouse rescues woman on St. Lucia beach... Katy Perry makes celibacy vow... Rapper Akon claims he doesn't know his true age.

Pix & Vid: K-Fed continues to grow... Diane Sawyer: Tired or tipsy?

Crime Watch: Matt Dillon pleads not guilty to speeding charge.

Rumor Mill: George Clooney to return for final "ER" episode... Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer off again?... Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson open joint bank account... Rachel McAdams dating Josh Lucas? (second item)... TomKat plotting a move to London?... Pink and Carey Hart moving back in together.

Say What?
"I'm in love with Barack Obama... I wanna get married - like, I wanna have his kids. Why am I not Michelle, you know what I mean? Who the [bleep] is she? You know, why can't I be her?" -- Macy Gray

Chat Day: It's a two-hour chat-a-palooza. At 2 p.m. ET, we'll dish about the inaugural week star sightings in Celebritology Live. Then, at 3 p.m., Jen Chaney and I take your theories about the "Lost" season premiere.

By Liz Kelly  | January 22, 2009; 9:42 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: A Moving Season Premiere
Next: Morning Mix: Swayze Penning Memoir; Dakota Fanning Headed for 'Twilight' Sequel?

Comments

"Nixon told US she has a few ideas for her character, feisty lawyer Miranda Hobbes.
"I would love to see her and Carrie and Charlotte and Samantha all go off on some wild mad cap adventure somewhere," she said."

How about retirement? Those characters are boring and well past their prime.
******
Diane Sawyer...if she wasn't drunk, she was definitely high on something and don't tell me it was life.
******
George Clooney...steer clear of the County General ER. It's the home of some of the lamest stories found on television.
******
K-Fed's ballooning figure and over-sized crimson t-shirt caused some Steely Dan thought drift..."This is the day, of the expanding man...They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..." I know. Weird.

Posted by: pras40 | January 22, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Diane Sawyer clearly isn't as drunk as Macy Gray was when they took that quote.

TomKat moving to London? Quick, get Chris Martin back to his safe room!

SITC II: Miranda comes out of the closet.

Katy Perry's vow of celibacy isn't nearly as interesting as Amy Winehouse's would have been.

My theory: the Cloonster's been in a coma for the past 6, 7, 12 years (does it matter) and he finally comes to and realizes it's all been a dream. "You were a scarecrow and you were a lion and you were a man made out of tin..." Then he passes out and they have to use the paddles.

"Clear!"

Run Credits.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Amy Winehouse a heroine? That's probably an apt homophone.

Can Katy Perry take a vow of silence as well?

Does Mike Myers have the gumption to show up to the Razzies to collect his award? I think he needs to personally repay everyone who sat through The Love Guru, all 12 of them.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 10:12 AM | Report abuse

"Brangelina moving (temporarily) to 48-acre Long Island estate... "

I think that the "(temporarily)" was assumed, don't you?

Posted by: LTL1 | January 22, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Amy Winehouse a heroine? That's probably an apt homophone.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 10:12 AM

======
You're a genius, Dorkus. She's...a heroin heroine!

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

By the way, here's a shout-out to possum for that great poem yesterday.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Begin the countdown to Katy Perry announcing she is pregnant. Or in the alternative, gay. In which case, Katy dear, saying you are celibate does not mean just not sleeping with guys.

Joint bank account? I would say Ronson was living on Lilo, but when was the last time either of them worked?

Posted by: epjd | January 22, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Diane Sawyer has sounded fairly drunk for the last several years, but this is the best ever. Sorry I missed it live. In fairness to her, maybe she's just doing muscle relaxers and Valium. Or maybe she had a stroke and just didn't tell anybody.

It's been a while since LiLo, AmWine and Jen hit the MMix on same day. Off to a good start.

BTW, liked the homophone, Dorkus. They're just everywhere now.

Posted by: rashibama | January 22, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | January 22, 2009 10:31 AM

*******************************************

Ronson sounds like she is pretty busy, she did play at one of the inaugural bashes.

In regards to Diane Sawyer, it seems as though she had just been up for 24 hours straight, I've been there myself so I can't really snark on her. But I did love her showing off the f@ck me boots.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

If you are scared of homophones, are you homophonophobic?

Is saying you're going to be celibate "this year" a forward-looking statement, or will it retroactively restore your virginity?

Posted by: memphis1 | January 22, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | January 22, 2009 10:31 AM

*******************************************
Perhaps they're setting up the account the First National Bank of Matthew McConaughey.

Posted by: mdreader01 | January 22, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: memphis1 | January 22, 2009 10:43 AM

*******************************************

I hear it grows back, sort of like when you take your earrings out for too long.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, you are most welcome. Anyone else wanna be a poet (or TV newscaster)? I have two simple words for you: Sauvignon Blanc.

Posted by: possum_pouch | January 22, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Ah possum that could be my problem, I was drinking pinot grigio and only coming up with bad Paul Giamatti movies.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Re SATC II--what possible story lines are left to explore? Carrie has quadruplets after fertility treatments? How is metamucil affecting Samantha's love life?

Posted by: spartan123 | January 22, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

YAY CLOONEY ON ER FINALE!!

Not that I've been watching it lately, it's been a drag. But I'd watch Clooney read the phonebook on ER if he came back.

Posted by: wadejg | January 22, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Sex and the City II, or the working title Cocoon: The New Class.

Posted by: MStreet1 | January 22, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Amy rescues a beach goer or "Oh, honest officer those are not my drugs in the first aid kit!"

SATC III or XII or whatever wherein we find that 2 of our girls are Obama's lovers and 2 are his love children. Now who is whom?

And Macy Gray, get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in line, Baba WaWa has first dibs and second and third......

Posted by: elias_howe | January 22, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Sex and the City II, Carrie gives up her fashionista ways, stops fighting nature and is last seen pulling a carriage in Central Park while the other 3 ride.

Posted by: jes11 | January 22, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

I hope that woman who was rescued by Amy Wine-o is up-to-date with all her shots. And showered quite thoroughly after being touched by her.

Why do celebs think we care if they are celibate? Katy Perry, no one's holding their breath/cares.

How do Brangelina keep finding all these houses they can rent for a few days? Do they have a lease like normal people, and since they never stay more than a few days do they have to pay to break it?

Opening a joint bank account ... hmmm ... is that the newest sign of the death of a relationship, right up there with renewing vows, getting tattoos and proclaiming the relationship is fine?

Posted by: Californian11 | January 22, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Californian you took the thought right out of my brain--whoever first thought declarations of celibacy were a matter of public interest is seriously deluded.

If Angie's shooting a movie nearby, I suspect it's a two or three month rental.

Looking at the Rachel McAdams bit required looking at the Sarandan/Brosnan bit which also featured a Pierce picture from the Globes and reminded me of the shock and awe I had that night when Pierce and his wife walked the red carpet. Keely used to be this gorgeous woman and now she's ENORMOUS. I mean, look at this:

If I were married to someone as sexy as Pierce Brosnan, I think I'd take pretty good care of myself. His first wife was one of the most beautiful women in the world and Keely was a babe when they met. Of course, if it turns out she has a medical condition or something, I am humbly contrite for even pointing this out.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | January 22, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Holy smokes, you ain't kidding sorcerers_cat!
There's got to be an explanation beyond, "She's gotten very fond of fish'n'chips."

Posted by: pras40 | January 22, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Sas, was that you who sent Liz that follow-up to my question re Rick Schoder at the Inaugural? Not that the same thought hadn't crossed my mind, but I'm with Liz in hoping his world view is evolving.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Schroder. Or is it Schroeder? Too lazy to look it up.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, are we really asking a sasquatch about evolution?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Recipe: http://www.tdc.ca/sundaybeavertails.htm

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus
are we really asking a sasquatch about evolution?

You shoulda seen his forebears!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 10:40 AM

***

Well, either way, whether she was toasted on booze, pills or sleep deprivation,(more than likely, a combination) she shouldn't have been on live TV. Surely to god they had somebody around that could that was even slightly rested (or sober). And really, by that time, what else was there that we hadn't already heard ... over and over.

Free Boy George!

Posted by: rashibama | January 22, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I know pras. She's almost unrecognizable.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | January 22, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, I sent one of the follow-ups to your Rick Schroeder questions:

"Liz, my Queen, the day that celebrities evolve into intelligent, emotionally stable adults is the day that we'll have to close down the Tiki Bar on Lizard island."

And I also sent the question about Connie Britton's ta-tas, but you guys knew that.

What I didn't realize was that Connie Britton is the redhead with whom jack Bauer was shcaking up at the start of Season 5's 24. I remember telling Ms Snatchquatch throughout Season 5: Jack is a fool to choose Audrey (Kim Comatose raver). He should go with the redhead. She's hot!

I guess some peoples' -- and some cryptids' -- tastes do not change all that much.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

You shoulda seen his forebears!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2009 3:23 PM
------------------------------------------
They weren't the Care Bears, I can tell you that.

And they weren't related to Bear Grylls, either.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

RIP, saxophonist David "Fathead" Newman.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

If Peirce Brosnan ever gets tired of Keely Shaye because of her extra avoirdupois, I have a colleague who would jump at the chance to have her. He likes his women built in the current form of Keely Shaye.

Hmmmm...she's 45....Could be early menopause. Could also be weight gain from SSRIs.

Besides, if the attraction between her and Pierce Brosnan was only physical, the relationship would have been over several years ago, no matter how beautiful she may have been.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Hey Nosy, if you wanted to introduce a NFC like me to David Newman's music, which CD/collection would you recommend?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jes11 | January 22, 2009 1:12 PM
-------------------------------------------

HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

BLUCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Sas' I'm with you on Connie Britton, they kept her pretty well covered up Spin City. I might have to go check out the filming of Friday Night Lights now.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I'm no jazz connoisseur. However, you might want to visit:

A lot of his albums are listed at:

Good luck!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, when do you ship out to South Carolina? Since it'll be a several month assignment, and you won't be able to use federal property for such activities as this blog, are you checking out any cheap PC deals?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

P.S. One of Fathead's last CDs was "I Remember Brother Ray," his homage to Ray Charles.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 22, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Anybody know what's going on with the repeated words on the posts? Seems like they are usually at end of first line and start of second second line line.

Posted by: rashibama | January 22, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I ship out on the 17th of Feb. Most likely it will be May before I see a computer. I'm not really checking out any computer deals, I have too many computers as it stands right now.

It would be nice if Queen Liz would talk to the Post IT guys to get Celebritology added to the mobile version of the Post.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Damn, Dorkus, the snark level and spit-take frequency will decline significantly if you can't contribute. And ep will be heartbroken and lonely.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Yeah I know. I fear the economy will fall even more since we won't have to replace as many keyboards as we do now.

I do feel bad about upsetting ep.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 22, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Awww.

Umm, yeah, we gotta get celebritology on mobile. In case I ever get a job and can't check here ever 10 minutes. Although with Dorkus leaving, why should I come back. The memories will just be too painful.

Posted by: epjd | January 22, 2009 5:29 PM | Report abuse

ep, are you focused on a DC firm, or are you casting a broader net? For example, I could see the you signing on as an associate in a NY, Chicago, LA, or El Paso firm. Might there be overseas opportunities in your preferred area of practice?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 22, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Mostly DC area. I don't want to move again except back to Austin. Although overseas is also attractive. I am actually not looking for firm work, but with a nonprofit. They aren't hiring much in this current economic climate.

Posted by: epjd | January 22, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse