Posted at 7:52 AM ET, 02/ 3/2009

Morning Mix: Badu Twitters Child Birth; Bale's On-Set Rant Captured on Tape

By Liz Kelly

Scarlett Johansson at last night's L.A. premiere of 'He's Just Not That Into You.' (Getty Images)
Tuesday

Headlines: Erykah Badu twitters child birth in real time... Christian Bale "Terminator" set rant captured on tape (NSFW language)... Producer insisted Jennifer Hudson used backing track at Super Bowl... Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher apologize for twittering complaints about neighbor... Kutcher defends Michael Phelps over marijuana pic... Britney Spears taking her sons on tour... A-Rod officially divorce... Anna Nicole Smith's two-year-old daughter makes appearance on "Larry King Live"... Miley Cyrus trades in Porsche for Prius... Jennifer Aniston spends Super Bowl Sunday with John Mayer... Heidi Klum sues German butcher for using her image on a dance flyer.

Pix and Video: New Miley Cyrus photo angers Asian group... TomKat vacation in Brazil... "SNL" spoofs Angelina Jolie... Nicole Richie and Rachel Zoe put feud to rest... ScarJo goes brunette.

Crime Watch: Court rejects Roman Polanski's bid to disqualify judges... Joe Francis arrested after arriving five hours late for court appearance.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan is a smoking, drinking, hissy fit-having mess, says source... "City" stars Whitney Port and Olivia Palermo threaten to quit show rather than stage a fist fight.

Say What?
"How could people hate me, my intentions or what I'm trying to do? I'm a good person and I'm trying to put good things into the world. I'm probably less square than people think. I never get drunk to the point of throwing up. But I get very talkative." -- Gwyneth Paltrow, who may have finally explained GOOP.

By Liz Kelly  | February 3, 2009; 7:52 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: The Big Deal About Jessica Simpson
Next: A New Psychic Friend: Vivica A. Fox

Comments

So GOOP is one long drunken email/blog post? Awesome.

And I heard on the radio this morning that Coldplay's producer wants the band to record some songs sans Chris Martin, saying that Viva la Vida was good but they could do better. HA!

That dress on ScarJo is gorgeous. I like the brown hair, but not in that cut (it's the same as Priscilla Presley). If it had more volume, it'd look better.

That Angelina Jolie spoof was pretty funny, probably the only funny part of the show.

Posted by: eet7e | February 3, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

I just don't understand why all you people just can not accept my help, when all I want to do is try and improve your lives by showing you everything I do. All I want to do change the world in my own small, macrobiotic ways. I have all this free time because Chris is in his panic room, not recording any new music. Why can't you all just do what I suggest, can't you see how it will make your own, non-celebrity lives better? Why do you hate me? I have an Oscar from the one good film I did 10 years ago. Let me just distill for you all the life lessons I've gained from having the world handed to me on a silver platter. Please, please, just let me make your life better.

Chris, get out of your panic room and get me some more wine!

-Gwyneth (as channeled through Dorkus)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 3, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Scarlett is better off blonde. The dress looks like upholstery for a sofa or maybe a bedspread. Not good.

Posted by: pras40 | February 3, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

So if you have a Heidi Klum tattoo, she'll sue you?

Posted by: possum_pouch | February 3, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

SJ's dress- the fit is great.. the pattern is MEH.

Posted by: Guest1234 | February 3, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

I think Scarlett looks better somewhere between blonde and brunette. But I'm not really complaining.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 3, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Scarlett,

Your grandma in Lanford called. She wants her living room drapes back!

Are you hiding Brangelina's kids under your skirt?

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 3, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

[Erykah] 10:30:04: Felt a contraction
[Erykah] 10:30:06: Gone
[Erykah] 10:42:10: Ooh
[Erykah] 10:50:55: Whoa
[Erykah] 11:12:17: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[Erykah] 11:18:52: Epidural? Hello? HEY!

Does the world need this? I ask you.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 3, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Oh ScarJo, honey, you are a radiant, luminous blonde. Blonde looks good on you, and you make blonde look good. People know you're a serious actress already - you're Woody Allen's most recent muse, for Pete's sake!

Go back to blonde.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | February 3, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

I suspect Erykah is going to name that kid Twitter or Social Media.

Why are Ashton and Demi apologizing? You had a problem with it, you put it out there, now let it rest. Jeez.

I actually like ScarJo's dress but I'd like to know where her husband is I never see him anymore.

Gwyneth, you gave us GOOP are you really surprised that your not always in our hearts? By the way, your latest statement does nothing to help your cause.

Posted by: petalceleb | February 3, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Scarjo, like the original Scarlett, shows us you can go couture in a recession.

Ask for that epidural early girls and you too can continue to twitter and text during labor.

Kutcher says its ok Michael cause everyone does it, so I forgive you.

What part of the Lindsay Lohan is a smoking, drinking, hissy fit-having mess is a rumor?

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Um, is Gwyneth being paid by Disney for that Elle cover? I thought she looked like a Hidden Mickey in that shirt...

Oh, and will someone please volunteer to style Jennifer Connelly? I mean, she's a gorgeous, gorgeous woman, and she always wears something that just...isn't....right. Whoever helped out Ginnifer Goodwin though gets a gold star - THAT's how dress for brunette.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | February 3, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Dang it, that's supposed to be "you're" not "your".

Posted by: petalceleb | February 3, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 3, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Apparently Demi and Ashton are taking advice from Brangelina now -- make sure the media knows every little thing you do.

Daniellyn on Larry King Live? I can just imagine the diaper changing that night on the show.

On what planet is taking your toddlers on tour a good idea? It's not like she will be spending quality time with them. Plus, doesn't K-Fed have primary custody?

Gwynnie, we hate you because your intentions are not good. Your intentions are to make everything about you and how you look at the world. That's self-centered, not selfless.

Posted by: epjd | February 3, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Top Five Things Going Through Little Dannielynn's Head During Her Appearance On Larry King Live:

5: This guy is older and scarier than Santa!

4: I wonder if he knows Wolf Blitzer.

3: Is *everybody* named Larry?

2: Yes, I am cross-eyed. Get over it.

1: Now I know how the Lindbergh baby must have felt.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 3, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

OK, I hate myself (again) for going to a TMZ link, but copy like this nearly makes it worth it (this time):

"When Miley Cyrus transformed herself into Hanoi Montana for this photo -- she had to know it would turn into bad fortune."

Bravo. Let's start an article about a stereotype controversy with a pun ("Hanoi Montana") and a stereotype ("bad fortune"). Do I laugh or wince?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 3, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | February 3, 2009 10:20 AM

****

Had I seen this first, I wouldn't have bothered posting my lame-o thing. Comment of the week material, ep.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 3, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Note to Miley Cyrus: Prince Harry, who got in trouble for a Nazi costume, is single again. Maybe it's time for a Royal show-mance.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 3, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Looks like Cher managed to get ahold of one the ScarJo clones.

Posted by: MStreet1 | February 3, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

TD wrote: "I am waiting for Sasquatch to arrive and recap (re: Erykah) his idea a week or so back for that custom version of "Twitter" (hint: change one letter)."

Does it involve putting one's left hand on red and right leg on yellow?

And ScarJo's dress would be beatiful if it were knee-length. As it is, it's a little too reminiscent of my great-aunt's sofa. I suddenly have a craving for an ancient peppermint dug out from the depths of a gigantic black purse...

Posted by: Wikijen | February 3, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

from ep:

---
I believe Brit was going to pay K-Fed to come along and watch the kids. They had come to some kind of agreement without their lawyers. This made the lawyers sad pandas and they tried to put the kibosh (sp?) on the plan. Brit threatened to cancel the tour. Lawyers acquiesced and the boys are going along.

That's what I heard yesterday. The internet police won't let me visit the us magazine article, so I don't know if that has the same information or not.

Posted by: eet7e | February 3, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Gwynnie reminds me of those seemingly normal people (not the freaks) who try out for American Idol who have no idea that they can't sing. Don't these people have friends that say, "no honey, this is not a good idea".
Gwynnie, you are no Martha (who by the way everyone also loves to hate).

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

ScarJo rocks that dress, though it's not for everyone.

Erykah Badu twitters child birth in real time

Well, at least she demonstrated the good sense not to have octopuplets.

From the TomKat article: "After spending months all bundled up in frosty New York, the family seemed happy to fit a little family vacation into Tom's never ending schedule of events."

So TomKat's relationship is all about Tom? I'm no huge fan of either one, but did Katie's just-completed stint on Broadway count for nothing? And doesn't Suri look tired/bored/unhappy in all the pictures of her? She's a real child, not a prop (same can be said of Danielynn).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 3, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

hodie
Gwynnie, you are no Martha (who by the way everyone also loves to hate).

While I'm no fan of Martha, and don't share her style, at least she actually knows how to do all that domestic goddess stuff. Gwynnie, I'm not so sure...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 3, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, re Martha: my point exactly!

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: pras40 | February 3, 2009 8:56 AM
----------------------------------------------
Aww, c'mon, Methinks. Ya gotta give ScarJo a little credit for matching the drapes with the carpet.

There are several good aspects to Erykah Badu's tweets. First, we can be thankful that she tweeted rather than taping the birth and posting it on YouTube. Second, we should appreciate how the spelling of her name fits so well with the Texting Twitter Culture. That's right, folks, Erykah Badu is a Teting Twitter Tw*t.
Finally, we can be thankful that when she wrote "I can see the head," she was writing about parturition instead of defecation.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 3, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

I never get drunk to the point of throwing up. But I get very talkative." -- Gwynnie the Poo

-----------------------------------------
Is it any wonder why Chris Martin spends so much time on the road?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 3, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Scarlett is looking very Alanis to me.

Posted by: beaker1 | February 3, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

What I "learned" from today's morning mix:

- Erykah Badu can type through "contractions".
- Gwynnie gets talkative (and blogative?) when she's "drunk".
- "They" schedule award shows too early for Rachel Zoe
- Heidi Klum loves her image more than she "loves" unemployed Germans
- Jennifer Aniston "does dishes" (I'll have to have her over sometime...)
- Diane von Furstenburg doesn't like the people who "work" for her to stage catfights for "reality" TV.

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 3, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

After much consulting, I have decided (in the best interest of everyone), that I will help Scarlett remove that dress, should I ever get the opportunity.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 3, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 3, 2009 12:13 PM

Thanks Dorkus! Way to take one for the team!

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 3, 2009 12:13 PM

-------------------------------------------
Will you be Tweeting while you're doing it?
I hope not. A "Real Man" would tape the event and put it on YouTube.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 3, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

from Sas: Will you be Tweeting while you're doing it?

No, just tweaking.

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

No, just tweaking.

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 12:34 PM

--------------------------------------------
"Tweaking"? As in "Tuning for Tokyo"?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 3, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

I'd like inform you that Scarlett Johansson "actress"actually is a clone from original person,who has nothing with acting career.Clone was created illegally using stolen biomaterial.Original Scarlett Galabekian last name is nice, CHRISTIAN young lady.I'll tell more,those clones(it's not only 1)made in GERMANY-world leader manufacturer of humans clones,it's in Ludwigshafen am Rhein,Rhineland-Palatinate,Mr.Helmut Kohl home town.You can't even imaging the scale of the cloning activity.But warning,H.Kohl staff strictly controlling their clones spreading around the world,they're NAZI type disciplined and mind controlled,be careful get close with clones you will be controlled too.Original family didn't authorize any activity with stolen biomaterials,no matter what form it was created in,it's all need to be back to original family control in Cedars-Sinai MedicalCenter in LA.Controlling clones is US military operation.Original Scarlett never was engaged,by the way

Posted by: galabs2000 | February 3, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

from Sas: Will you be Tweeting while you're doing it?

No, just tweaking.

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 12:34 PM

******************************************

Youtubing, tweeting, tweaking, and live blogging. I would make sure there is ample evidence of that event occuring.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 3, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: galabs2000 | February 3, 2009 12:56 PM

-------------------------------------------
One of the best posts ever. I can't touch this.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 3, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

No, just tweaking.

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 12:34 PM

--------------------------------------------
"Tweaking"? As in "Tuning for Tokyo"?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 3, 2009 12:38 PM

yes, and for the record (Dorkus you should take notes), the girls generally hate it when they are used for radio reception. (ouch!)

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

the girls generally hate it when they are used for radio reception. (ouch!)

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 1:32 PM

*******************************************

Don't they have to switch to digital this month anyways?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 3, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Don't they have to switch to digital this month anyways?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 3, 2009 1:45 PM
------------------------------------------
Not unless they're receiving video broadcasts.

Besides, everyone knows that video is best displayed on large FLAT screens. I think ScarJo might not be amused if you imply that her girls are flat.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 3, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

That photo of the stick figures formerly known as people is scary. Rachel, Nicole, there are starving people in the world. Eat something would you?

Christian Bale appears to have an anger problem. Maybe he and Diane Lane's husband can go into rehab together. Or has celeb-rehab become passe?

Hee hee on the Jolie SNL spoof. Love it.

Like hodie said, I'm guessing that Rumor Mill item about LiLo has more than a little truth to it.

Posted by: Californian11 | February 3, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Gee, WaPo wouldn't even let me print what I would've twittered during birth. I always like that line from Absolutely Fabulous:"When push comes to shove you'll be sh*tting the bed and screaming for drugs, dearie."

Posted by: possum_pouch | February 3, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

In what alternative universe does any celebrity think it's acceptable to rant and rave and act entitled over preferential treatment? I love that the passengers were amused. But seriously, do they really think they can get away with it unreported?

Okay ladies of Hollywood, this emaciation thing is totally out of hand. The latest: That picture of Connolly says she's "showing off her pins"--pins is right--these people have no thigh muscles. It's just so bizarre and unnatural looking to have a six inch gap between your thighs when standing normally--that's what a skeleton looks like. Not to mention there's no differentiation from above to below the knee. *shudder* It's bringing out the Italian in me, I want to feed all these people.

I don't like ScarJo as a brunette, and I would usually champion brunette over blonde. She's just too gorgeous as a blonde ("The Island" may have been a terrible movie, but the cinematographer lit her so lovingly throughout that film that I'm convinced he had a huge crush on her).

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 3, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin, no your list was much funnier. I am still laughing over "Is everybody named Larry?" Great reference to the Lindbergh baby too.

There's a line about switching to digital in a month, but I am going to pretend to be a lady for once and not use it.

Posted by: epjd | February 3, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | February 3, 2009 3:37 PM
---------------------------------------------
Only ONE line?

I can think of several, but Byoolin's probably already gotten them.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 3, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Clones and alternative universes. Must be a Comicon chat.

Lilo doesn't do it for me even if she has an Anne Heche epiphany. Unlike Roman Polanski, I am not into kids.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 3, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

from the eye on Hollywood captions: Feb. 2: T.I. gets his picture taken while promoting his upcoming MTV series, "T.I.'s Road To Redemption." The show, which debuts later this month, documents the rapper's preparations to serve a one-year sentence in jail beginning this March; he received that sentence in connection with federal weapons charges.

ep, I thought that convicts were prohibited from capitalizing on their incarcerations. Is this legal?

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | February 3, 2009 4:44 PM

I'm not epjd, but I play one on tv...

Hodie, it completely depends on the jurisdiction and the individual judge involved in a case. There's no blanket ban on making money off of being in the pokey (and probably no way to do one), but in high-profile cases with large money-making potential, judges have increasingly imposed that as a condition of sentencing. Freedom of speech being what it is, you'd have to be very, very careful about legislating such a ban.

Posted by: Wikijen | February 3, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

What Wikijen said. I think even New York's Son of Sam law has been overturned on free speech grounds.

Posted by: epjd | February 3, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse