Posted at 7:00 AM ET, 02/ 4/2009

Morning Mix: Bobby Brown's Fifth Kid on the Way; Kelly Clarkson Denies Gay Rumors

By Liz Kelly

Steve Martin mugs at the Los Angeles premiere of his new blasphemy movie, 'Pink Panther 2.' (Getty Images)

Tuesday

Headlines: Bobby Brown expecting fifth child with girlfriend... RIcky Gervais asks President Obama to exchange Victoria Beckham for Paris Hilton... Joaquin Phoenix insists his rap career is not a hoax... Brazilian journalists turn to goo in the presence of Tom Cruise... Despite clear video evidence, Vivica Fox says she's no Psychic Friend... Jessica Simpson's latest movie goes straight to DVD today... Steve Martin blames sleeping pills for brief gambling habit... Former manager Sam Lutfi files defamation suit against Britney Spears and family... PETA praises Spears for leaving animals out of Circus tour... Nick Hogan gets back behind the wheel.

Pix and Video: TomKat pose at the Brazilian premiere of "Valkyrie"... Jude Law stars as transvestite supermodel in new movie "Rage."

Crime Watch: Lily Allen calls cops on gang of snowball-wielding hoodlums.

Rumor Mill: Kelly Clarkson says she's not gay... Demi Moore denies adoption rumor... P. Diddy skips party rather than face police frisking... A-Rod annoyed with Madonna's new boy toy... "Jackass's" Steve-O headed to "Dancing With the Stars."

Say What?
"I think that my fans that are going to go see the movie don't even know who she is, so you know.... I think it was a little unnecessary but I might be mad if I looked like that now too." -- Hilary Duff fires back at Faye Dunaway (who last week derided Duff's acting chops.)

Chat Alert: OMG! Tune in tomorrow at 11 a.m. ET to chat with "The Office's" Mindy Kaling (Kelly Kapoor) to talk about her acting, writing and producing duties on the hit show.

By Liz Kelly  | February 4, 2009; 7:00 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A New Psychic Friend: Vivica A. Fox
Next: Wednesday List: A Rap Name for Joaquin Phoenix

Comments

Vivica Fox could've told Steve Martin that Ambien + gambling (gAmbienling?) = bad idea. IF she were a psychic friend. Which she's NOT. Clearly.

Can't decide if Katie Holmes is trying to channel a Robert Palmer video girl or an extra from "Victor/Victoria." Either way, bad idea.

A new kid for Bobby Brown? His prerogative. And, yes, bad idea.

Hey, Kelly Clarkson. Just walk away. Clay's got the gay ex-Idol thing covered.

OOH! You go, Hilary Duff! You know, she has a point. What has Faye Dunaway done since she killed her career with "Mommie Dearest" and that cheesecloth-lit cameo in the Brosnan/Russo "The Thomas Crown Affair"?

Hey, Tom Cruise, back to geography class: "He thanked one questioner with the Spanish 'gracias' _ though Brazilians speak Portuguese. And he said he enjoys the tango _ the traditional dance of neighboring Argentina."

Next up: TomKat Trip to Tobago so he can yell, "I love you Trinidad" and pick up where Whitney Houston left off.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 4, 2009 7:45 AM | Report abuse

WHAT! No ScarJo pix today. Mrs. Howe was enjoying looking at patterns for that couch that needs re-upholstered while Mr. Howe was just enjoying....looking.

Steve Martin: "Now, I will bring you up to date on what we know (about side effects of certain meds.)

Steve Martin: "We know nothing. Now you are up to date!"

Posted by: elias_howe | February 4, 2009 8:32 AM | Report abuse

Jude Law stars as transvestite supermodel in new movie "Rage."

Yummy. I gotta get me some of that.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 4, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

I can't get through to the page. If Ricky trying to get Posh back and return Paris he is SOL. Where is the Lost country moving wheel when you need it?

Are you kidding me? Bobby Brown couldn't afford child support on the kids he had before. There's another one?

Of course Joaquin's rap career isn't a hoax. He spits hot fire like Dylon and has a flow tighter than Weird Al.

Nice comeback Hilary but I still agree with Faye.

Snowball-weilding hoodlums! What is the world coming to?

Posted by: petalceleb | February 4, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Liz, you left out the fact that Erykah Badu did not name her baby girl the rumored Twitty Milk. But, instead named her Mars Merkaba.

Posted by: SweetieJ | February 4, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Hilary Duff, you don't need the Psychic Friends Network (with or without Vivica A. Fox fronting for it) to know that someday you'll get older too, but only if you're lucky. However, unlike Faye Dunaway, you'll still be a talentless hack, so STFU.

td

If memory serves, our most recent ex-President made the same gaffe during an official visit to Brazil, too.

Kelly Clarkson says she's not gay.

So? Some of us judge singing mainly on the basis of its own quality.

Steve Martin blames sleeping pills for brief gambling habit.

On the octopuplet watch, the mom has hired a publicist, and is apparently miffed that she's not being inundated with public adulation and manufacturer offers of free products for her litter. (I wonder if she underwent her fertility procedure outside the US.)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Pix Caption for Steve Martin aka Inspector Clouseau putting his hand inside the big pink stuffed anminal

"I am looking for the Lindbergh baby!"

Posted by: elias_howe | February 4, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

"On the octopuplet watch..."

Not sure if this is just a typo, Nosy, but its my new favorite word.

Posted by: milesdy | February 4, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Nosy,

I heard she ordered the drugs online. I don't know how true that is but it's the latest I've heard. Also, I've seen her PR person in action and I think she should get someone else.

Posted by: petalceleb | February 4, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

milesdy, "octopuplet" was a brilliant coinage the other day by another Lizard (resident lexicographer Mudge can tell us who it was, I'm sure). I've merely adopted it as my new favorite word.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

petal
I heard she ordered the drugs online.

You mean it was a DIY job? I shudder to think what's next.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: petalceleb | February 4, 2009 10:03 AM

LOL! Yes, the PR person reminds me of Sidney Falco in "Sweet Smell of Success'!

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 4, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

So what do we have to do to get Ricky Gervais appointed as the new UK ambassador to the US?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 4, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 4, 2009 10:15 AM

You don't wanna know...

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 4, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Laughing hysterically at Hillary Duff. Because Faye Dunaway should have just smiled and nodded because it's so obvious that Hillary Duff doesn't possess the chops she once had. And, you know, Supergirl was *such* a high quality film.

Per Jude Law - whatever. Kevyn Aucoin already let the world know that with the right makeup and wigs, women can look like men and men can look like women. They've got Eddie Izzard in the movie already - I'm sure he was giving Jude plenty of tips on how to run in high heels.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | February 4, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Should not the blurb on Bobby Brown have read
" Bobby Brown expecting fifth crack baby with girlfriend."

Hey P. Diddly-Poop! Is that a Plaxico Burress miniature in your Sean John's, or are you just happy to be he party?

Dear Ms. Hillary Doof...err...Duff:If you "fans" don't know about the acting career of one Dorothy Faye Dunaway, is that an implied remark on their lack of taste,lack of intelligence,or both? As for looks, lets see how you look when you're 68...assuming that we won't have to disinter you.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 4, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Chasmo, don't forget Justin Timberlake, Andy Samberg and Bobby Moynihan dancing in leotards and heels along with Beyoncé to "Single Ladies" on SNL recently. I couldn't have done as well.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Bobby Brown expecting fifth child with girlfriend... RIcky Gervais

???

Apparently the coffee isn't working this morning.

Posted by: rwimer | February 4, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

I love the line "Thanks for Falcor with tits."

Ricky Gervais would be a great ambassador, but he'd probably have to withdraw his nomination because of not paying his income taxes.

Can Steve Martin blame Ambien for The Pink Panther?

Says Ms. Clarkson "I need some kind of stable, quiet man."

Um, Kelly, hi...I'm Dorkus.

Demi Moore doesn't adopt young children, she marries them.

Brazilian journalists turn to goo in the presence of Tom Cruise...

-Maybe scientology really does give you superpowers...

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 4, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Sign me up for the "octopuplet" fan club. Genius.

Posted by: jaybbub | February 4, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Maybe scientology really does give you superpowers...

Only if they are wearing their "special" underwear.

Posted by: elias_howe | February 4, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Today must be Creepy Wednesday with all these scary headlines: someone is allowing Bobby Brown to spawn with them; Joaquin Phoenix is just nuts; I don't know what "Steve-O" is but I'm sure it's not good; Nick Hogan is driving again....

It's getting so I'm afraid to read this stuff.

The horror.

Posted by: jaybbub | February 4, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Sad to report, "octopuplet" ís still a GoogleNope.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

"Jessica Simpson's latest movie goes straight to DVD today..." What's weird is that the DVD itself seems to be a little bit bigger than her previous DVD and it's kind of uncomfortably stuffed into the DVD case.

"Steve Martin blames sleeping pills for brief gambling habit..." Well, at least now we have an explanation for the crappy remakes of The Pink Panther.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 4, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

byoolin
Jessica Simpson's "DVD itself seems to be a little bit bigger than her previous DVD and it's kind of uncomfortably stuffed into the DVD case."

As long it isn't held in place by two belts around the middle, it shouldn't look too bad.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Ricky, how 'bout we just give back Posh and you can keep Paris too, in the spirit of American generosity and all.

Joaquin rap career may not be a hoax, but it is a joke.

Vivica, glad you have listened to madam hodie, who sees all, tells all. (see yesterday's post).

Brazilian reporters turn to goo? Has Katie and Gwynnie been trading recipes again?

Posted by: hodie | February 4, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

"PETA praises Spears for leaving animals out of Circus tour" -- why would the braintrusts at PETA think that a Britney Spears Circus tour would even require animals? Does she have to spell it out for them? Her LIFE is a circus.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 4, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Incidentally, today is the 107th anniversary of the birth of Charles Lindbergh, whose baby famously died.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 4, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

I've never been a huge Faye Dunaway fan, but there's no doubt that she was the biggest female movie star of the 70's. She was it. The pinnacle.

And what has Hilary Duff done? Nothing. A Disney show as a teenager. She's worse than a has-been; she's a never been and never will be. So she should show a little respect.

Not to mention that Faye Dunaway has aged gracefully, whereas if Hilary Duff's fat ugly mom is any indication, Duff should be hitting the trailer park with a half-smoked Parliament and Colt45 dribbling down her saggy breasts by the time she's 35.

Posted by: Pupster | February 4, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Was that photo of TomKat done with trick photography? There is NO WAY Katie Holmes in heels is the same height as wee Tom, and the photo shows his feet so he's not standing on a ladder or anything. Photoshop?

Jude Law as a transvestite supermodel is inspired casting. I've always thought he was super-effeminate, and unfortunately I looked at that photo awhile back of his ... endowment. Poor guy. Maybe it was just really, really, really, really cold that day.

Posted by: Californian11 | February 4, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

and more captions,

"You think those dye packets from banks are bad, try getting this pink off your skin!"

"Look, I have found the holy grail!"

"Honest Officer, I thought that 45 was the age of consent for pink panthers!"

(Original Panther was released in 1964)

And

"I thought it was the Lindbergh baby was in there but it was too mushy!"

Posted by: elias_howe | February 4, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I don't have a dog in the Duff-Dunaway rumble, being too young to remember Dunaway at her peak and too old to care anything about Duff. But I have to say, and I mean this in the most mature way, Faye started it. If she'd shown a little class in the first place and kept her mouth shut, there wouldn't be any kerfuffle at all.

Posted by: Wikijen | February 4, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

I have to say that I found Faye's comments very unprofessional and petty. Yes, she is the better actress. Yes, she was "it" in the 70s. Yes, she was prettier than Hillary Duff, but was her words really necessary and do you expect someone to just take it.

I am also not a Hillary Duff fan either. What's up with the STFU comments too?

Posted by: supersonic1 | February 4, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Please do not let Bobby Brown anywhere near the octopuplet mom. BTW, those babies were born by implanted embryos. Not fertility drugs, which would have been one thing. But, having the embryos made, then implanting them requires a bit more effort than taking drugs. I agree it was probably South of the Border.

Hey, A-Rod, how does it feel when your new girlfriend runs around on you? Karma's a b!tch.

Posted by: epjd | February 4, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Come on Hillary. I know you're young but how 'bout a better comeback than I know you are but what am I?

Posted by: hodie | February 4, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

That photolike Keira Knightly!

And on what exactly is Faye Dunaway basing her opinion? I'm not saying Hilary Duff and Hilary Swank should be mistaken for each other (Lord knows). But has Faye Dunaway even seen anything Hilary has done?

Somehow I can't picture Mommie Dearest with a bowl of popcorn sitting down for an afternoon "Lizzie McGuire"/"Cheaper by the Dozen 1&2" fest.

I can, however, picture nine-year-old Hilary taking in a matinee of that new movie "Dunstan Checks In" and not remembering Faye's stellar performance lo these many years later.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 4, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

For the record, it was ep that coined the marvelous "octopuplet" (or was it "octupuplet"?) Genius.

Don't know what Faye Dunaway said about Hillary Duff's acting chops or lack thereof (for which her worst crime is probably prosaic stating of the obvious), but Duff's comeback was so childish and stupid it boggles the mind. Dunaway at Duff's age was an ageless beauty compared to mall girl Duff--can't imagine the latter will age nearly as well.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 4, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Nope, Sorcerer's cat, I did not coin octopuplets. I just know good snark when I see it.

Posted by: epjd | February 4, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Octopuplet came about this way: first of all, I don't know how to spell "Octuplet" or whatever, secondly I was watching "Spider-man 2" with Dr. Otto Octavius..."Doc Ock"....which actually has nothing to do with anything...althought the copious Sauv. Blanc certainly did.
I'm sure others have thought of a similar term, although the word "litter" and "runt" seem more applicable.

Posted by: possum_pouch | February 4, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Supersonic
I have to disagree with all 3 of your points.
1. Hillary is much prettier than Faye ever was. (and I am in my 40's, so I do remember Faye when she was young)
2. Neither is a great actress. Faye has had 2 good roles in 40 years. Her other acting jobs were terrible. Supergirl, Dunston Checks In, anyone?
3. When she got the role of Bonnie she was more of a nobody then Hillary is now. Faye was an unknown while Hillary has some teen and preteen fans already.

Posted by: Iowahoosier | February 4, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Iowahoosier
Faye has had 2 good roles in 40 years.

Bonnie and Clyde, The Thomas Crown Affair, Chinatown, Three Days of the Condor, Network (Oscar-winning), Barfly, Don Juan DeMarco...

See filmography at:

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

That should've read:

That photo of Hilary Duff (US Magazine) looks like Keira Knightly! (etc.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 4, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

C'mon, Nosy. Bonnie and Clyde, Chinatown, and Network -- sure. I'll even spot you Faye in the original Thomas Crown Affair.

But Barfly?! Don Juan DeMarco?! I'd rate (her TV movie) Evita and Mommie Dearest above either of those two.

Faye's retort now should be to don the Joan Crawford wig and bellow, "Don't f#@k with me, Hilary. This ain't my first time at the rodeo."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 4, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

OK, you guys led me to the Dorothy Faye Dunaway wiki and now I know this horrible fact:

she was married from 1974-1979 to Peter Wolf, the lead singer of the rock group The J. Geils Band.

My blood runs cold. My memory has just been sold...

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 4, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

td, you don't like the poetry of Charles Bukowski?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

I've stayed out of the Dunanway/Duff Dust-up till now. Faye should've kept her mouth shut. Be the bigger person. But if you are going to complain, complain about the fact that they are remaking one of your signature roles instead of turning to the likes of sorcerers_cat to write an original and compelling script. Hilary, this is what you should've said, "While I disagree with Ms. Dunaway's assessment of my acting ability, right now I am focused on trying to show the respect and dignity this role requires of me."

Faye, everyone deserves to have a break out role, yes she may have become famous because of a lame Disney show, but I'm assuming the producers who hired her have made sure that she could handle such a role.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 4, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Thank you Nosy! Many classic and excellent films--Three Days of the Condor still one of the best ever! Network timeless. Chinatown a classic. Thomas Crown (both of them even if she only has a cameo in the second) and Don Juan delightful. Bonnie and Clyde groundbreaking. 3 Oscar noms, one win. 10 Globe noms, three wins. That covers the acting chops, I think. Hillary will never compile a resume like that.

As for looks:
Faye at about 30: http://www.fest21.com/files/images/Faye%20Dunaway%20in%20PUZZLE%20OF%20A%20DOWNFALL%20CHILD.jpg

Hillary today: http://www.bartcop.com/duff-01.jpg

I submit Hillary is more cute than beautiful. And Hillary defenders can't say I didn't pick a flattering picture of her. Just my opinion, of course.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 4, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | February 4, 2009 12:53 PM

------------------------------------------
I didn't know that Madonna's first name was Karma.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 4, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 4, 2009 3:01 PM
-----------------------------------------
Beauty with Character (Dunaway)
Beautiful Bimbo (Duff)

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 4, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Now if they'd decided to re-cast "Bonnie and Clyde" with ScarJo in the female lead, I suspect some of the Lizards might be able to conjure that image...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

td, how can you leave out Three Days of the Condor?! Just an aside, I often cite it when I'm doing script analysis as an antidote to the current trend of writing suspense/mystery or thrillers where something happens, someone in the scene describes what happened, and in the next scene someone recaps what just happened and exactly what it means to the overall plot. Condor kept you guessing, drawing you in, as in the dark as the protagonists. Great stuff.

Dorkus, despite my defense of Faye, I agree with your assessment wholeheartedly.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 4, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

If not ScarJo, then maybe Charlize Theron in the "Bonnie and Clyde" remake?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, the only problem with ScarJo or Charlize in that role is that they get shot up so bad at the end--and no Lizard wants to see ScarJo get shot! ;-)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 4, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, It's all just play-acting.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Faye shouldn't have said anything. She should've just whacked Hillary with a metal coathanger.

Posted by: possum_pouch | February 4, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Good one, Possum!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

LOL, well played possum! She'll never live down that role, will she?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 4, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat
She'll never live down that role, will she?

Isn't that at least partly Joan Crawford's fault?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Ok, Nosyparker, I have no IMDB or wikipedia access at work so this is all off the top of my head.
Network - I have seen the move several times and barely remember Faye.
Chinatown - Jack baby - barely remember Faye
Three days of the Condor - Wasn't that Robert Redford? Don't remember Faye at all.
Joan Crawford (Mommie Dearest) - Terrible overacting by Faye.
Now don't get me wrong, Hillary Duff is no thespian great, but I just find Faye Dunaway to be very irritating and even though she has been in good movies, the movies are good in spite of the fact she is in them, in my opinion.

Posted by: Iowahoosier | February 4, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

And another thing Nosy, just because someone starts out on Disney doesn't mean they can't become a great actor.
I mean just look at
Annete Funicello (sp), Frankie Avalon,
Brittney Spears, Justin Timberlake ---

Oops, never mind, you win!

Posted by: Iowahoosier | February 4, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

I, um, never saw Three Days of the Condor....

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 4, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I just tend to side with the person who didn't start the fight.

Wasn't Faye a model before she was a actress..........

Posted by: supersonic1 | February 4, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Everyone loves a catfight....

Posted by: hodie | February 4, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

. . . she may have become famous because of a lame Disney show, but I'm assuming the producers who hired her have made sure that she could handle such a role.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 4, 2009 3:00 PM

Heh, heh, thanks Dorkus, I needed a good laugh this afternoon.

td in Baltimore, you really should add Three Days of the Condor to your Netflix -- it's quite the suspenseful thriller.

While I've never been in Faye Dunaway's fan club, I understand her annoyance with having her defining role remade with an actress of barely-perceptible talent. And she was calling out Ms. Duff on her professional abilities, perfectly fair in my opinion. What's not fair is Ms. Duff's retort that takes on Ms. Dunaway's appearance. In other words, Hilary, honey, you sound like the adolescent you are: "I'm a talentless hack, well you're old and ugly." Real mature there, girl, and didn't win you any benefit-of-the-doubt points from me re your movie.

-The Poster Formerly Known as Snarky Squirrel

Posted by: 7900rmc | February 4, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Well, I for one am relieved that Demi Moore isn't putting Ashton back up for adoption.

Why do they have to re-make "Bonnie and Clyde" anyhow? Well enough should be left alone.

Why does Tom Cruise's face look so strange these days?

Do we still 'heart' Mike Rowe?

BTW, did they ever find the Lindburgh baby's remains? Is he really dead or is he living quietly in Baltimore?

As ever,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | February 4, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

The dead body of Charles Augustus Lindbergh, Jr., was found on May 12, 1932, 2+ months after he was kidnapped.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

I think the Lindbergh baby probably lives in Hamden, hon.

Posted by: possum_pouch | February 4, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Possum,

How lovely.

(what's Hamden?)

VTY,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | February 4, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Nosy_Parker:

(Sorry for the late reply - work does interfere with life from time to time ;) ).

The SNL folks have NOTHING on the late, great Kevyn Aucoin.

Here's a sample page from "Making Faces" - the two pictures are the same people.

And here are some other samples...I'll let you read the credits...

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | February 4, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

True re Kevyn Aucoin. I have his makeup book, which was of great help when I gave up on the "natural look."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 4, 2009 5:34 PM | Report abuse

"But has Faye Dunaway even seen anything Hilary has done?"

Has anyone?

"Jude Law as a transvestite supermodel is inspired casting"

Frank-N-Furter walks the runway! You better work, b*tch!

"Steve Martin blames sleeping pills for brief gambling habit.

Huh, was he sleep-gambling? Or did the pills make his good judgment fall asleep? Sheesh, you're 63 years old already, Steve. Don't you think it's about time you finally man up and take responsibility for your own behavior?"

Even the makers of Ambien admit that it can make you do some weird stuff. My particular favorite? Driving in your sleep. Imagine curling up in your nice, warm bed and next thing you know it's 3am and your cruising down the tollroad in your jammies with no knowledge of how you got there.

I think I'd just learn to deal with the insomnia, thank you very much.

The artist formerly known as Hangin in Herndon.

Posted by: onlytheshadowknows1 | February 4, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse