Posted at 8:32 AM ET, 02/25/2009

Morning Mix: Jack Black, Drew Carey Make 'Least Fit Celebs' List

By Liz Kelly

Kanye West wards off photographers at Monday's House of Holland show during London Fashion Week. (Getty Images)
Wednesday

Headlines: Jack Black, Drew Carey make list of least fit celebs... George Clooney meets with President Obama about Darfur... Dad says NBC snatched Octo-mom from hospital before interview... David Beckham, Keanu Reeves unwittingly appear in Chinese impotence aid commercial... Rosie O'Donnell says Madonna is helping her through menopause... Simon Cowell said he was kidding about the whole cryogenic thing... Two "Slumdog" kids to be moved to new houses... Heath Ledger's final film struggles to find distributor... Anna Paquin dating "True Blood" co-star Stephen Moyer... Andy Richter to reunite with Conan O'Brien on "Tonight Show"... Jeremy Piven to defend sickness plea before Broadway actors panel... Arnold Schwarzenegger to appear in upcoming Sylvester Stallone movie... Hackers post Lindsay Lohan's supposed phone number on Michael Lohan's twitter page... Eartha Kitt left out of Oscars in memoriam segment.

Pix: Melanie Griffith, smokin' hot?... Avril Lavigne's clothing line.

Crime Watch: Audrina Patridge posts home break-in video online... Arrest warrant issued for Spears ex Adnan Ghalib... Lil' Wayne to face gun possession charges.

Rumor Mill: Surprise! Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green split... Michael Cera signs on to "Arrested Development" movie... Chris Brown attends anger management class... Paris Hilton dating Amanda Bynes's ex?

By Liz Kelly  | February 25, 2009; 8:32 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Did She or Didn't She? Beyoncé Becomes the Newest Target in Backing Track Debate
Next: Insta-Poll: Pink's Pirate Moment

Comments

John Goodman had to lose weight to play Babe Ruth. Wow! Talk about a wake up call.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 25, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

What did Becks and Whoa! Keanu think they were making - a skinflick for the Shanghai market?

"Audrina Patridge posts home break-in video online." That's so great that she'd give two up-and-comers their own time in the reality tv spotlight.

Everyone should check out Aud's website: it's like a trailer-park version of GOOP.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 25, 2009 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 25, 2009 8:59 AM

What is the trailer-park version of colon cleanse?

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 25, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

What is the trailer-park version of colon cleanse?

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 25, 2009 9:01 AM

****

Twenty cans of Natural Ice beer, I think.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 25, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Liz! I'm so glad you're still here! Last night I saw online, "Post dumps Liz Smith" and I thought, "Noooooooo!!! I have to have my Celebritology!" But then I realized that that's not your last name and they were referring to the NY Post and I was SUPER relieved. Anyways, just thought I'd mention this. Glad you're still around!!!

Posted by: melindaboyd | February 25, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Jack Black, Drew Carey, John Goodman--how about Michael Moore? Or don't directors count as celebs?

Mel Griffith smoking--is this the new scarlet letter (as opposed to Scarlett letter)? As long as she doesn't roll up a pack of Marlboros in the sleeve of her t-shirt, I don't have a prob with it.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 25, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

reddragon1, I am going to assume that you were unable to view the Men's Fitness article due to your office's web filter, but if you were able to view the article you would see that Michael Moore is included on the list. The list includes Kevin Smith, Artie Lange, that fat guy from Lost, and a few others I can't remember.

Posted by: milesdy | February 25, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Reddragon, Michael Moore is on the list. So are Artie Lange, James Gandolfini, Kevin Smith, and Jorge Garcia. The only one they forgot was Kevin James.

Which brings me to a Lost question: are the writers ever going to explain why Hurley doesn't lose weight while stranded on the island?

Melanie Griffith, smoking is why you have to have all of that other work done. Antonio, if you ever get tired of lifted, Botoxed, plasticized and collagen-injected, call me.

Avril Lavigne's clothing line: not horrible, if you're a middle-school wannabe punk rocker. (But the honkin' wedding band on display in one pic is kinda incongruous.) At least it's not all black with death's-heads everywhere.

Posted by: northgs | February 25, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

That was weird, wouldn't take my comments. I used no swear words!

I was just sayin that Beckham now knows what all the giggling was about at the opening ceremonies last summer.

Also, Rosie reminds us and the young hot things Madge stalks that Her Madgesty is of the geritol generation. What can that do for Jesus' libido. Will he need to give Beckham or Keanu a call?

Simon can't take it back now, you know he was serious.

And raise your hand if Paris has dated your ex. Too many hands...raise your hand if Paris has NOT dated your ex.

Posted by: hodie | February 25, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

What would be the list of female celeb porkers in a women's fitness article?

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 25, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Oh I was half expecting Avril's clothing line to be what ever she picked up of her bedroom floor that still smelled decent. I was pleasantly suprised. The line is actually cute for a teenager.

Posted by: hodie | February 25, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

What is the trailer-park version of colon cleanse?

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 25, 2009 9:01 AM

****

Twenty cans of Natural Ice beer, I think.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 25, 2009 9:07 AM

Byoolin, you're assuming the upper GI wouldn't reject that much bad beer out of hand.

To answer Jez, a family pack of Taco Bell or KFC - no need to actually share it with the rest of the family - would also do the trick.

Posted by: northgs | February 25, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse

To (also) answer jez: Synthetic cheese is a strong candidate.

That unauthorized Chinese commercial is hilarious. Poor guys. Hey, maybe Jeremy Piven can get a job with that company once the Actor's Equity finishes with him. "These capsules cleansed my blood of mercury and kept me partying all night long!"

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 25, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

You guys. Guess I have to actually read the links before I snark.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 25, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

I'd be more impressed if Men's Fitness had included some of the underweight, equally unexercised stars. They point to the husky, but there's no shortage of skinny unhealthy actors.

I wonder if any publication would have the courage to do a top 10 unhealthiest woman celebrities. Who would it include?

Posted by: CJH2 | February 25, 2009 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Re: Chris Brown

"Chris doesn't actually have to go by law," our insider tells us, "but he believes it will make him look better to the public, and he wants to try to get in a few classes before March 5," his court date.

Oh, sure.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 25, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be more accurate to call Jack Black et al., Guys Who Own Big Belts? Fit and fat aren't necessarily counter to each other. Some big people are pretty fit compared with thinner ones. What a "least fit" excuse for an "article."

Madonna -- and a gallon of rocky road/day -- help Rosie through the change.

Eartha was left out of the In Memoriam segment? She doesn't care.

Melanie Griffith was such a beautiful woman. Once.

Bummer about that Chinese ad. I blame Miley Cyrus.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 25, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Quelle Suprise at the fat guys list.

As usual Rosie, TMI. Plus, is Madonna really a good role model for coping well with aging?

I truly hope this is not all Chris Brown winds up having to do for his beating of Rihanna. The anger management should be ONE part of the final sentence, not the ENTIRE sentence.

Posted by: epjd | February 25, 2009 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, CJH2. Didn't realize you'd already made the thin/unfit point.

Bawlmer51, word on the synthetic cheese. For Lent, I'm giving up Polly-O.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 25, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Andy Richter's agent is working hard this very minute to get his client on the 2010 Least Fit list. Good luck, Andy!

"Amanda Bynes's ex?" What is she, 14? OK, I'm kidding. But is she old enough to have an ex -- and one that attracts Paris' eye? Yikes.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 25, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I put Leo Doughcaprio at the top of my list of skinny unfit celebs...

PS even though she's wearing a lot of clothes it looks like Melanie Griffin has gotting that same disease that's stalking Lilo - lollipopitis... stick bod, big head...

Posted by: LTL1 | February 25, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Octomom update:

The hospital is refusing to release the kids to Octomom because she would put them at risk.

Since she is about to be homeless and is more concerned with promoting herself than caring for the six kids already at home, I can kinda agree with this decision. I am a tad worried about the precedent it sets though. What about all the families facing foreclosure? Are they gonna lose their kids too? Or only the ones with kids with special needs? Hopefully, enough distinction between your average family in a difficult situation and this psycho can be drawn to not make it a real problem in the long run.

Posted by: epjd | February 25, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

epjd - aren't you the one who said that you didnt want to see michelle obama in celebritology? why then do you keep bringing up octomom?

Posted by: facey1 | February 25, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

epjd,

I think there's a big difference between a woman about to take 8 newborn infants into a potential situation where they might be homelss and your average family of 14 facing homelessness.

Like there's an average family of 14 these days...but I digress.

An average family would have kids of differing ages. The younger ones could help the older ones cope. You could, conceivably, farm some of them out to other family members until you got back on your feet. You can't really do that with 8 newborns. She really didn't think this through when she had her feet in stirrups and a syringe between her legs, did she?

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 25, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Facey, if you can't figure out that Octomom has made it to Z-List celebrity, you haven't been paying attention.

Yeah, MDReader, that is what I am hoping. I really don't want to go back to the days when the State snatches kids just because the family is poor.

Posted by: epjd | February 25, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Are the octopuplets even healthy enough to leave the hospital yet? I thought they would require many weeks of hospitalization to, well, finish developing and be able survive without major medical intervention.

Posted by: northgs | February 25, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Hospitals can not release patients (especially babies/children) that don't have a safe environment to go to. Being premies, these babies will most likely have special needs such as monitors and maybe even O2. They will definitely need to make sure that they're needs will be met before they are discharged. I doubt this will be setting a precedent enabling authorities to take kids away from foreclosed homes. Foreclosure is not a new phenomenon for families with kids. Just more common these days.

I agree with Sasquatch's observation a few days ago that Octomom has a psych diagnosis. I think she has a narcisitic or borderline personality disorder or possibly bipolar. She definitely is suffering delusions of granduer.

Posted by: hodie | February 25, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

please forgive my incorrect use of the word "they're". Got a headache today!

Posted by: hodie | February 25, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I heart Jack Black, I don't care what lists he's on. My fiance is a big guy, too - turns out that's my type! Who knew?

Uh, can I just say that "Rosie, Madonna, menopause" are concepts I never really wanted to have mashed together in my mind? Ugh. So thanks for that.

Posted by: jaybbub | February 25, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 25, 2009 8:59 AM

What is the trailer-park version of colon cleanse?

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 25, 2009 9:01 AM

===
salmonella

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 25, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

EPJD - I love you and I totally support banning all politics from Celebritology but a tiny part of me (that apparently I can't ignore) wants to remind you that the Repubs were the first to label Obama a celebrity - its a short hop to inclusion here. If there is room for Heincer...

Posted by: LTL1 | February 25, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

What is the trailer-park version of colon cleanse?

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 25, 2009 9:01 AM

===
salmonella

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 25, 2009 12:21 PM

great minds think alike, mdreader. I was going to suggest a vat of industrial peanut butter.

Posted by: hodie | February 25, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

On that Men's Fitness site there's a fitness program called Resolution 64, sponsored by Miller Beer so I'm taking anything they have to say with a huuuuuge grain of salt & hops.

And in Jorge Garcia's defense right now, he can't have huge weight fluctuations while filming Lost.

Posted by: wadejg | February 25, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

You know, I would support cryogenically freezing Simon Cowell. Except for the fact that it seems a little too close to burying nuclear waste for future generations to deal with.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 25, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, article in the LA Times about octomom freaking out to Dr. Phil that she's afraid the hospital won't release the babies to her. They're going to be in hospital for a few more weeks (they don't release until about 5 lbs and breathing and eating on their own and some of those babies were just over a pound at birth). But as auntie to a preemie baby who came home at 5 lbs, I can tell you they're still very delicate, have to be monitored A LOT, need to be kept warmer than a normal infant, and be fed as much as they will take, often. Caring for ONE ran both mom and dad ragged. I suspect there are people lining up behind the scenes at child services.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 25, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

The Losties (of which I am not one) long ago settled the question of why Jorge Garcia's character doesn't lose weight. I don't remember the answer, I just know there is one.

Good luck on banning politics. I admit I come here as refuge from them. But let's not forget what town we are in. At least virtually.

Whatever you say about Madonna (and I'll agree with most of it), ho can sing.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 25, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 25, 2009 1:34 PM

-------------------------------------------
Folks, there's your Comment of the Week, right there!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 25, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

So Madonna is helping Rosie O'Donnell through menopause. Why can I not help but think that a strap-on is involved?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 25, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Perfectly legal.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 25, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 25, 2009 2:09 PM

So is she just trying to get someone to give her a house? I mean she has quite some time to get her housing in order. Maybe she can bring her mom's house up-to-date by using the money NBC gave her for the interview.

Posted by: jes11 | February 25, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Sas, will be much more than a half mill for these babies.

Sorcerer's cat, yes it used to be home at 5lbs but that is not necessarily true anymore. They often go home before that if they are stable. From what I understand, none of these kids required a ventilator which is truly amazing. TV reported that 2 or 3 of them will be ready for discharge next week.

Change of subject. Anyone see Jon Stewart's and Stephen Colbert's post Oscar coverage. Hilarious!

Posted by: hodie | February 25, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | February 25, 2009 3:16 PM

------------------------------------------
Good takes, but not as good as these:

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 25, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Sas', that first link is so sadly true yet so hysterical.

Genius like that hasn't been seen since Einstein squared c.

Posted by: northgs | February 25, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Cynic that I am, I think everything octonutmom does is trying to get people to give her freebies she thinks she's entitled to. I sure hope it doesn't work, and I'm still waiting for Ahnold to demand repayment of the $168K she milked from our state.

Top 10 unhealthiest woman celebrities: I don't know what's going on inside, but here's my list of the top 10 unhealthiest-*looking* (in no particular order):
1. Rachel Zoe
2. Olivia Wilde
3. Nicole Richie
4. Angelina Jolie
5. Renee Zellweger
6. Kate Bosworth
7. Posh Spice
8. Madonna
9. Lindsay Lohan
10. Christina Ricci (bummer, 'cause I love her acting)
11. Keira Knightley

Oh shoot, that's more than 10 ... so hard to stop once you get going ...

Posted by: Californian11 | February 25, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

"EP, the hospital has a perfect justification for not releasing the 8 babies to OctoMom. She can't pay the half-mill bill, so the hospital is holding the kids as collateral.

Perfectly legal."

Water meet computer screen.

Posted by: epjd | February 25, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Californian11 | February 25, 2009 5:28 PM
====
That's the plotline for Terminator XIII: The Sarah Connor HMO Files.

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 25, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse