Posted at 8:04 AM ET, 02/12/2009

Morning Mix: Nicollette Sheridan Leaving 'Housewives', More Fun with Joaquin Phoenix

By Liz Kelly

Thursday

Headlines: Nicollette Sheridan leaving "Desperate Housewives"... Britney Spears plays sexy housewife in new video... Academy asks Oscar presenters to skip red carpet... Beyonce offers fans $1,800 backstage passes... Mandy Moore engaged to Ryan Adams... Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi to receive Humane Society award... "Inglorious Basterds" trailer released online.

Pix: Gwyneth Paltrow rocks high-waisted leather short shorts..

Crime Watch: Sam Shepard pleads guilty to drunk driving charges... Judge ends Joe Francis's house arrest.

Rumor Mill: Michael Jackson battling MRSA-type infection... Did NBC pay for octomom interview?... Chris Brown laying low in Las Vegas... Doctored Rihanna pics circulate online... Usher's wife went into cardiac arrest following liposuction... Mike Tyson shopping memoir... Michael Stipe is restuarant customer from hell, claims new book.

Chat Day: Economy got you down? Escape reality for two entire hours this afternoon:

2 p.m. ET: Bring your best smack talk to Celebritology Live.

3 p.m. ET: Jen Chaney and I deconstruct last night's "Lost" episode.

And, submit your questions NOW for comic and actor Ricky Gervais. He chided the audience at this year's Golden Globes and counseled Kate Winslet on the connection between Holocaust films and the Oscars. Send him your questions about his work on BBC's "The Office," HBO's "Extras," his movies, his podcast and his new series of audio books. Episode 3, "The Ricky Gervais Guide to...The Arts" will be available at iTunes or audible.co.uk / .com by the end of February. Here's a clip (NSFW). We'll send a selection of the questions to Ricky and run his responses in this space next week.

By Liz Kelly  | February 12, 2009; 8:04 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Is it Madonna or Her Shtick That's Getting Old?
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analyses: 'This Place Is Death'

Comments

I can't tell if that's shtick, if he's on something, or if he's just an arse.

Posted by: thurdl01 | February 12, 2009 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Gwynnie must stop the madness. I almost feel sorry for her now. And I am no fashion plate. Und das ist nichts los mit Lederhosen!

Working title for Tyson's memoir, "Lend Me Your Ear."

Sheridan leaving should give Longoria Parker more screen time. Unfortunately it will probably go to Hatcher. I'd care if I still watched. Just don't tell me that Brit-brit is her replacement.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 12, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

RE: Joaquin...'What a 'zole," as my sainted father would say. If that was a schtick, it wasn't funny. And I don't think it was.

RE: Gwynneth's lederhosen...When you say she "rocked" the leather shorts, do you mean it's a good outfit, she wears it well? I think she looks like a toddler who got made an "outfit" from the stuff in the dress up box.

RE: Michael Stipe...Doesn't surprise me at all. He is a diva.

Posted by: pras40 | February 12, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I was in a bar in Chapel Hill, NC once when Michael Stipe was there. He was very quiet and well behaved. He sat in a corner of the bar and watched the band. He was kind and patient with fans. He tipped the bartender. I saw no problems except my friend, who is a big fan, could barely control himself, but was too nervous to speak to him. :)

Posted by: VaLGaL | February 12, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

The most tangible benefit of being unemployed is being able to watch the video portions of Celebritology. How about that Joaquin Phoenix, ladies and gentlemen?

The Lovely Mrs. byoolin took one look at Gwynnie and asked, "Is she going to a Steelers game?" (Maybe GOOP is aimed at yinzers!)

Presumably "Mike Tyson shopping memoir" = "Mike Tyson walks into publisher's office, bites publisher's ear off, threatens to beat publisher to pulp unless Mike's book is published."

Michael Stipe might very well be a diva, but he looks ever so distinguished in that beard.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 12, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

For the record, MRSA is not the same as the dreaded flesh-eating bacteria, which is a strep bacteria. Nevertheless, MRSA is very serious and difficult to treat. I don't wish it on anyone.

Also speedy recovery for Tamika Foster, (Usher's wife). Good public service reminder that liposuction is no routine procedure and can be very risky in the wrong hands.

And Gwynnie wonders why we scoff at everything she says. How does she expect us to take her seriously when she dresses that way.

Too much octomom talk. Last night I actually dreamt I had triplets.

Posted by: hodie | February 12, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

I wish I didn't read the Stipe story. I was (key word) a fan of R.E.M. but now I will always remember this when I hear their music. What an a-hole.

Posted by: hodie | February 12, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Hey, just a general question here...It used to be that I would click on one of the stories in the post and a separate window from the site/source would come up. Now when I click on it, it goes to that window which means I have to click on the "back" button to get back to Celebritology. Is it just me or is that a new format or did I click on something by mistake that's making it do that. Me no like. Help?

Posted by: pras40 | February 12, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

it still opens a separate window for me, methinks. Maybe something with your settings?

Posted by: hodie | February 12, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

I think that's what happened hodie. I musta clicked on something I shouldn't have and now...all is lost. I am not technologically inclined and all my children have left the nest.

Posted by: pras40 | February 12, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

methinks, what browser are you using?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 12, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Chris Brown laying low in Las Vegas.

Laying what, eggs? (Liz, please correct to "lying.")

byoolin
Presumably "Mike Tyson shopping memoir" = "Mike Tyson walks into
I expected the next three words, on the following line, were going to be, "a bar and" (And best wishes, byoo, on your employment situation)

Can anyone explain why "Inglorious Basterds" has an "e" instead of a second "a" in "Basterds"? Just to get past so many people's computer filters, I'm guessing.

Agree with Dr. hodie re MRSA. I wouldn't wish that even on Michael Jackson, or Chris Brown or Michael Stipe.

Happy 200th Birthday to two true celebs, Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin! None of the folks listed on the Morning Mix is likely even to be remembered in two centuries, let alone revered for having changed the world for the better.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

methinks, when I clicked on a Morning Mix hyperlink the story still opened in a separate window (like hodie's). Is your computer actually replacing Celebritology with the new story so that you have to click on "Back" to return, or is it opening under a separate tab but still in the same window? Some people's computers offer the latter option.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

"Working title for Tyson's memoir, "Lend Me Your Ear." --reddragon1

Like it! I am seeing a book cover photo of Tyson-in-a-toga PhotoShopped to look like a van Gogh. (Maybe not the van Gogh part; wrong person's ear.)

Now Nicolette Sheridan is free to tackle Ibsen as she planned.

I guess Michael Stipe isn't so shiny happy when he eats out. People!

"Doctored" pics? Could you have chosen a different word? I assume you mean fraudulent, but I can't look because I promised myself I wouldn't give TMZ any more web traffic.

A photo of Gwyneth AND Joaquin together? Bonus! Though it gives me a Ted Kaczynski-gets-lucky-with-a-call-girl vibe. Creepy.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 12, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

If Darwin were alive today, he'd be very very depressed.

If Lincoln were alive today, I think he'd enjoy the PowerPoint version of the Gettysburg address.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 12, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I just signed up for Twitter to keep up with my daughters at college. The first news I got was an email from Brittney Spears to tell me she is following me. Even I have a more interesting life than Brittney!

Posted by: kirstenpaulson | February 12, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Michael Stipe is the least of them. Check out "Bad Company: With unemployment at a record high, NYC's worst managers are going from mean to monstrous—and making The Devil Wears Prada look like a love story."

byoolin, yes it is discouraging when people don't let facts and scientific evidence get in the way of their preconceptions.

The Gettysburg Address as PowerPoint display is clever, demonstrating that writing style still matters!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin,

I think if he were around today, Darwin would be ecstatic. "Woo hoo, made it to 200! In your face, Wallace".

Posted by: enter_the_lemur | February 12, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Would Darwin have his 200th-birthday cake on Wedgwood China?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Wallace!?

Chuckie D. could have learned a thing or two about writing from David Foster Wallace. And mocking a guy who committed suicide is just beyond the pale. Who's next? The Lindbergh baby?

[If we still could do our own sigs here, mine would say, 'byoolin misses Lamarck by a mile.']

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 12, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

I have the name for Joaquin's new reality show...OH That Wacky Joaquin!!

Posted by: wadejg | February 12, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Actually, if that were a TRUE PowerPoint (based on my own sad business world experience), the presentation would be 50 slides longer, every single word of the speech would be written on the screen, and Lincoln would be reading it word-for-word as participants also read a printed copy at their seats.

But Lincoln's clicker doesn't work, so one of the Cabinet members is frantically running up to the laptop hitting Page Down, hoping for the correct slide transition animation/sound (cannonball top left/bottom right/BOOM!).

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 12, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

That would be Alfred Russel [sic] Wallace.

Check out Google's homepage, which today offers homage to Darwin with illustrations of what I take to be Galapagos finches.

'byoolin misses Lamarck by a mile' SPLOOT!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

I'm always fascinated with tabloid diagnosis. The flesh eating bacteria is Streptococcus Pyogenes. If he's had it for a few days, he would not be receiving outpatient treatment.

MRSA is caused by Staphylococcus aureus. It's not disfiguring, but it spreads fast.

If I'm not mistaken, MRSA is most frequently acquired in hospital settings. The flesh-eating strep is more common from traumatic injuries.

And then there's Pseudomonas aeruginosa, the bacteria that killed the Brazilian model a few weeks ago.

Nasty stuff. If you think you have an infection, go see a doctor, not "medical experts" from The Sun.

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 12, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Nice try Academy but I can check out the star styles the day after the Oscars and still miss the show. So there.

Nicolette's leaving to do what exactly?

Posted by: petalceleb | February 12, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I just don't get how not having the Oscar presenters do the Red Carpet is supposed to increase ratings for the show. I wonder how much the people who think of these things get paid?

Chris Brown could be laying low in Vegas, depending on your perspective.

Posted by: rashibama | February 12, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Hey hodie & DM,
All's well now. I had to go out to do errands and shut down the computer so now it's gone back to the usual opening a separate window for the links. I have no idea what I did to make it change. For the record, I use Mozilla Firefox.
Whatever I did, I hope I never do it again.
(Gee, how many times have I said THAT??)

Posted by: pras40 | February 12, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 12, 2009 9:22 AM

Paging Eva Braun!

Now we know that Gwynnie likes to take it up the butt.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 12, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

byoolin
If Darwin were alive today, he'd be very very depressed.

Well, maybe our recent "War against Science" will be ending soon.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Jezebel, the constant sex references are getting offensive. We read this blog to snark on celebrities, not to hear about sexual positions.

Yeah, because if we see the outfits on the red carpet, we won't stay to watch the show to see who gets what award. Or even to say "Wait a minute, did I really see that? Let me see it again." Not the brightest move. Kinda like when they wanted to have some of the "lesser" awards presented in the audience instead of having the winner come up on stage.

Posted by: epjd | February 12, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Byool', I had not checked the trebuchet for a while. I am sorry to read of your recent circumstances. I hope and wish for your speedy return to positive cash flow. Meanwhile, have you thought of the possible book potential from your postings over the years? Perhaps Liz could give you a Celebritology guest hosting gig (BIG HINT to Liz)

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 12, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

"Routine surgery", indeed. Why'd she get lipo, anyway? She doesn't look overweight. And why on earth would someone go to South America for lipo?

And speaking of plastic surgery run amok, if Michael Jackson dies, think there will be a huge hoopla over excessive plastic surgery and what it can do??

I was distracted from reading several of the stories due to the cornea-singeing photos of the Clown Car Vagina's belly. The mother of all baby bumps is now the mother of all stretch marks.

Posted by: Californian11 | February 12, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Is Gwynnie the Poo trying out for a part in Springtime for Hitler?

Was the NBC payment to Octopussy based on a price per pup? ABC is laughing, because they taped Salma Hayek breast feeding for free.

Will Britney Spears replace Nicollete Sheridan on Desperate Housewives? Why do I think of terrible tasting chewing gum when I read or hear the name "Nicollette"?

I have a great idea for the Oscars. instead of asking presenters to skip the red carpet, they should be asked to skip ON the red carpet. Imagine the number of entertaining pratfalls.

Doctors attending Jacko are worried that his infection could develop into a flesh-eating disorder. What's the worry? I thought that all of Jacko's flesh had been surgically removed over the years.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 12, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | February 12, 2009 12:13 PM

LOL! The sex stuff is "irreverent analysis".

"We read this blog...." You can only speak for yourself.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 12, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

"I recommend that Joe Francis be relocated to the monkey habitat at the San Diego Zoo."

NO!!! I don't want him in my town!!! Although the last time I visited the primates there, the two big male silverbacks were fussing at each other. They could take Joe Francis down in one swipe, no problem.

Posted by: Californian11 | February 12, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Dammit, sas, I told you NOT to tell me Ms. Smoke-ending Chewinggum's replacement was brit-brit! One more reason not to resume watching.

also, 'pears to me Jez3 is making as-
umptions re Gwyn.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 12, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

"It has been suggested that the career change is a stunt for a spoof documentary about an aspiring hip hop artist, and that his Letterman interview was carried out in character" -from today's UK's Daily Mail

I hope to God this explains Joaquin's wacky moves as of late. Cause why the hell is this dude runnin' around lookin like the bizarre combo of a homeless terrorist?

Posted by: plamar1031 | February 12, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

We may be missing the most important bit of all, from a Celebritological perspective, and maybe I should save it for this PM. "Academy asks Oscar presenters to skip red carpet." Presumably because they want only the "real" celebrities (e.g., nominees) to bask in the Joan Rivers spotlight. If they enforce this Academy-sanctioning of B-list classification for presenters, how many volunteers will they get to present next year?

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 12, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Actually, jezebel, epjd speaks for me too.

(It's not your constant "sex references" so much as your penchant for attacking fellow posters. You see, we laugh WITH each other here. Get your own blog if you want to laugh AT us. I promise not to read.)

And since we're sharing what annoys us....

Up until this point I've been offended by the constant references to the mother of eight newborns as Octomom/puppies/etc. And while I was hoping to avoid the topic since she wasn't a celebrity (yet), Liz's item about a possible reality show made it an unavoidable topic. I get that.

While the "pup"/"litter" references still bug me -- I think kids (Suri, et al.) should be off-limits -- I will confess that I laughed out loud at Sas calling the mom-of-many by the name "Octopussy." (He may not be the first to use that name for her, so apologies to whomever came up with it first if it wasn't.)

Oh, and byoolin as a guest Celebritology blogger? Inspired.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 12, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Plamar, hence my nom of "JoaqJob" for Phoenix's rap name.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 12, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

TD, since I don't speak for everyone, I speak for myself here. I agree that the kids are off limits. Those 8 little angels did not ask to be born to psycho mom. However, we can snark on mom all we want. She DELIBERATELY put herself in this position. She CHOSE to have IVF knowing she can't support the six kids she already has. She put herself out in public to get attention. So, she is fair game.

BTW, MSM is now referring to her as Octomom too. We shoulda trademarked it when we had the chance.

Posted by: epjd | February 12, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

I'll thrown in with ep and td, jezebel, much like Madonna, your schtick is getting old and saggy. And no one wants to see that, ya know?

Posted by: VaLGaL | February 12, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Oops.

Didn't see the Desperate Housewives replacement prohibition.

Didn't know that Joe Francis was persona non grata in San Diego.

Wasn't the first to use the title of a James Bond movie to refer to the Mother of Eight...errr. 14.

Hmmm....maybe we throw Joe Francis and Nadya Suleman into an undisclosed location and see what happens. Meanwhile, let's find some normal homes for those 14 unfortunates.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 12, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Another possible title for the Tyson memoir - "How'd That Get on My Face?"

Posted by: MStreet1 | February 12, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I speak for everyone on Celebritology and, in fact, the whole world on this particular topic:

Why No One Watches the Oscars

Answer: Endless "speeches" thanking producers, agents, lawyers and a whole bunch 'o people we don't know.

Solution: All winners must say something funny, touching, pithy, or controversial in less than 90 seconds, else they will fall through a trip door.
=================
I only speak for me when I must tell Californian11 that if you were put off by Ms. Suleman's distended belly, you should have watched the episode of Jon & Kate + 8 when she got her tummy tuck. All that belly ends up being rolls and rolls of loose skin that just sit there.

Good times.

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 12, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

td, as a frequent referencer to litter, pups, octopuplets, etc I'm sorry if I've offended you -- I hope it's clear from my posts (especially yesterday) that the references are entirely aimed at the woman who would have children as a litter and not vitriol aimed at the actual babies, for whom I want to weep.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 12, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

mdreader, while I completely sympathize and agree re the unwatchability of the Oscars, the industry is such that NOT thanking your agent, manager, the producers, director and crew can lead to future unemployment. Exceptions are stars so big they can do a Danny DeVito (I think it was him) who just said "It's my priviledge" and walked off the stage.

It's often more heartfelt than you think. For example, I am having a meeting with a big time manager tomorrow who, if he signs me, is in position to entirely change my career--if such comes to pass and I ever win something, thanking him would be a TOTALLY appropriate thing to do for helping to launch me out of obscurity. My attorney would get a nod too. It's the ones who believe in you and promote you that help get you through the gauntlet and, if the stars align, to that podium.

I know they're televised for entertainment purposes, but it is, after all's said and done, an industry event.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 12, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

"Exceptions are stars so big they can do a Danny DeVito..."

/blink

Is that why he's, um, not so popular anymore? Or were you using star as an euphemism?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 12, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

To me, it's not the speeches. They are still time limited. It the endless montages (except for the In Memoriam montage), the dance numbers, etc. Just do the darn awards. That is why we watch. You cut those things and save about 5 hours right there.

Posted by: epjd | February 12, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

I think everyone here knows that there is no disrespect intended towards the babies or other kids of Octomom. Unfortunately our favorite pet names seem to be a bit derogatory to them. My personal favorite, and kudos to whomever came up with "clown-car vagina" (although uterus would be more accurate). But alas, this names the poor babes as clowns, which they certainly are not. Our challenge is to name her appropriately, without disparaging these poor kids. Any new suggestions?

By the way, jezebel. Remember what I told you yesterday. Filter, girl, filter. I am totally in agreement with the others.

Posted by: hodie | February 12, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

LOL Bawlmer. It was at the time he was still very popular, and directing a lot as well, and his company had one or two big tv series going (Homicide, for one, precursor to a lot of today's most popular tv shows). Hard to believe now, but he was once a pretty powerful figure in the biz.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 12, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Okay, I just got my knuckles rapped by Liz Kelly's ruler because of this post on the Live Chat:
methinks: Also, no amount of lipo in the world will make Tameka Foster look like she should be married to Usher. She looks like she could be his mom.

Liz Kelly: Oh come on -- that's a low blow. If Usher and Tameka are happy, good for them.
_______
I didn't think it was that low of a blow. She's not only older than he is, but she looks it (in part because he looks like he's about 14.) I submit that the Lindbergh baby and other references that have been said both in the blog and on the chat have been lower blows. That said, I will ice my knuckles and keep my May/December romance comments to myself.
Maybe.

Posted by: pras40 | February 12, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

I sympathize methinks. I kind of felt reprimanded by the "leave 'em alone" remark including Pierce and Keely, which I reported being gobsmacked about her utter transformation from colossal babe to colossal blob after the Globes. Actually, I didn't mean it in a mean-spirited way, just a shocked and kind of sad way.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 12, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

sas,

All is forgiven. None of us really likes to invoke the b-person, but sometimes she just jumps into our conciousness unbidden.

Totally off topic (tho related to the live chat), Jessica Simpson totally goes all Gretchen Wilson in those jeans. And it's not a bad thing.

Not that I really care about JS. She's no Salma Hayek.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 12, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Well, at least Queen Liz took your question today. Mine wound up on the virtual cutting-room floor.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Dear pras40 (who I'm sure had a clever nickname that I can't now remember):
I submit that this is an unavoidable side effect of our snarkfest: at some point, someone on here will disagree with what you say, and in responding, their razor-sharp wit will draw blood. Queen Liz has disapproved of a number of the Celebritologists in public at one time or another. Lick your wounds, recuperate, then jump back in if you're still inclined. Or not. Your call.
(If you care to join me, I'm over here admiring the irony of TMZ warning its readers AWAY from fraudulent photoshopped pics. The line between rumor and lie is thin indeed, eh?)

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 12, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

I managed a couple of shots in the live chat. But she didn't include the one where I said I thought perhaps Joaquin Phoenix thinks he's like the legendary bird and will be reborn from the ashes he's making of his career. In the meantime, Jonathan Rhys Meyers' agent is gleefully popping martinis between submitting his client for all would-be Joaquin Phoenix roles.

(I've always thought they looked a lot alike!)

What was your comment on the cutting room floor?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 12, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Hey Jezebel, I'm with EP, TD and ValGal about your stuff. A lot of posts from lots of folks here (including me) get close to out of bounds, but you seem to flaunt it with the references to where Gwynnie takes it. I'm as foul-mouthed as the next guy (or gal), but some things I just don't want to read or hear in the mixed company of strangers.

Posted by: rashibama | February 12, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, I asked Liz where the line should be drawn between when kids of celebs are fair game for snarking, and when they're off-limits. I cited a few examples, which I suppose made my question too long for the live chat.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

I shan't be deterred.

BTW,I didn't comment yesterday but I love Salma Hayak for breastfeeding that little African baby. What a beautiful, generous gesture.

Posted by: pras40 | February 12, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

I second the love for Salma's gesture. Was genuinely touched. Such a contrast to the whole concept of motherhood that's dominated our thoughts and comments in the last week.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 12, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

"Not the first time Chris Brown abused me, Rihanna tells police: report"

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rashibama | February 12, 2009 3:26 PM

Copy that.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 12, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

I shan't be deterred.

Posted by: pras40
------------------------

(in Mr. Burns voice) Eeeeeexcellent.

Nosy, I know that the Chief often takes interesting and/or involved questions from the chat and answers them in a Comment Box- you may be next up. Alas, my submission today was not so deep; I instead reflected on the problem of dog show outfits. Some of the larger breeds tend to slobber, so handles will go out on the floor with a drool rag as part of their show gear. Really. Wearing nice shoes with that would feel like putting a cocktail dress on over a pair of footie pajamas. (And I haven't even mentioned the liver treats...)

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 12, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 3:15 PM

====
Timely URLs about Australian Wild Fire aid would have helped!

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 12, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Also referring to Joaquim as "J to the Fee to the Nix"

Why couldn't I have thought of that during last week's contest?

But she bested me, that Liz. I should have been aware of the Rick Rubin reference. However, Rick does not dress like a Blues Brother.

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 12, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Maybe.

Posted by: pras40 | February 12, 2009 3:02 PM
--------------------------------------------
Methinks, my fond wish is that Jesus Luz...err.. loves you.

As to appropriate shoes for the female Westchester dog handlers, I would have thought that Mary Carillo would have said something. She and the other correspondents do a great job on Real Sports.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 12, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 3:33 PM

Request a photo of Andy next time. He IS cute.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 12, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

jez
Request a photo of Andy next time. He IS cute.

Actually, another of my unpublished posts this afternoon was, in response to Liz' mention that Producer Paul keeps asking her to call him Andy, to inquire whether Paul also asks her to rub his tummy, or at least scratch him behind the ears. That one didn't get onto the chat either (maybe Paul censored it?).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of Rick Rubin, how come he got the Producer of the Year Grammy instead of T-Bone Burnett, who produced the multiple-award winning Krauss/Plant album?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

How about "Old Mother Hubbard" for the mom of 14? That's not a dig on the kids and clearly she hasn't a clue.

Posted by: petalceleb | February 12, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

That one didn't get onto the chat either (maybe Paul censored it?).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 12, 2009 4:37 PM

LOL! The Sex Police are everywhere.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 12, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

LOL! The Sex Police are everywhere.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 12, 2009 5:13 PM

That's right. The Sex Police are on your case. We can do this the easy way or the hard way. Please pull down your pants and let us cuff you. Now bend over.

No Vaseline for you!

Posted by: angelos_peter | February 13, 2009 12:14 AM | Report abuse

and to all of you who take offense at rough language:

PUT DOWN THOSE SEX TOYS!