Posted at 8:08 AM ET, 02/19/2009

Morning Mix: No More Nudity for Kate Winslet; John Mayer Says He'll Be Escorting Jennifer Aniston to Oscars

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: John Mayer joining Jennifer Aniston at Oscars... Daughter Matilda would inherit Heath Ledger's Oscar statuette... Kate Winslet says she's done with on-screen nudity, despite lifetime skinchievement award... Usher's wife released from Brazilian hospital... Brad Pitt and the boys hit Las Vegas... Tiger Woods shows off new son... Sarah Jessica Parker says new "Sex and the City" movie has to reflect economic crisis... Pam Anderson walks Fashion Week runway in gold one-piece... Charlie Sheen's wife hospitalized with premature contractions; Sheen debuts rockabilly-inspired menswear line... Fish tank sparks fire in Tracy Morgan's New York apartment... Mickey Rourke loses 17-year-old Chihuahua.

Rumor Mill: Octo-mom could face foreclosure on home... Katy Perry vomits backstage at BRIT Awards... Sienna Miller and Balthazar Getty spotted smooching at LAX... "The Office's" Angela Kinsey splits from husband.

Chat Day: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's edition of Celebritology Live. Then, switch gears and spend The "Lost" Hour with Jen Chaney and me at 3 p.m. ET.

Make plans now to join the Online Oscar Party, starting at 6 p.m. ET Sunday.

By Liz Kelly  | February 19, 2009; 8:08 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebrity Wedding Style: Get Your Own on the Cheap
Next: Lost Dueling Analyses: '316'

Comments

Octo-mom could face foreclosure on home...

Octo-mom's father is on Oprah next week! Does Oprah pay for interviews?

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 19, 2009 8:31 AM | Report abuse

I can't really stomach Mickey Rourke, but I feel bad for him. Losing a dog is rough, especially one you've had for 17 years. He even thanked the dog in his Golden Globes speech saying (paraphrasing) "Sometimes all a man's got is his dog."

I hope the new SATC movie "reflects the economic crisis" by moving all the girls to Paramus or Garfield or Newark. I can see them all with their big hair, big nails, big car, big purse, big sunglasses, track suit and itty bitty dog.

Posted by: eet7e | February 19, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

hmmm ... not much in the news today can keep me from wanting to comment about Lost already. sigh ...

Posted by: flutterbyjen | February 19, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

And to think, just earlier this week we were worrying about a double standard of thin-ness for celebrities. Maybe if this Pam Anderson thing takes off, supermodels will be rushing off eat McDonald's, get surgically enhanced and turn 40.

Posted by: 44west | February 19, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Brad Pitt and the boys hit Las Vegas...the new Brat pack?

Congrats to Tiger on his new cub.

Condolences to Mickey on the loss of his dog. (by the way, no lie, my great-grandma had a chihuahua named....Mickey).

I thought Octomom lived with her parents? Could this be a passive agressive move on their part?

Posted by: hodie | February 19, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

"You're traveling through another dimension- a dimension of inflated egos and boundary-pushing style. A dimension where all logic is meaningless. You see a signpost up ahead...that's your stop, Fashion Week in new York."

::cue creepy music::

"For your consideration, please find enclosed the tale of two women, one Heidi Klum and one Pamela Anderson..."

(with apologies to Rod Serling)

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 19, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

The Octomom home foreclosure is no rumor. The paperwork has been filed. Apparently, Octogranny is $23,000 in arrears. Or basically the cost of her daughter's last IVF treatment. Gee, you think the kid would have paid to save the home where her SIX OTHER children are living rather than have more.

Plus, I am doubting the injured back story for which she allegedly got a settlement that she used for IVF. There is no way with a bad back, she could have carried 8 babies and still stood upright.

Posted by: epjd | February 19, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

SATC should reflect the economic crisis by putting Carrie in Payless bogo shoes rather than Manolos. Seriously, Payless has stepped up their game.

Even Katy Perry can't stomach the crap she sings.

Posted by: petalceleb | February 19, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

ep, maybe Octomom perceived the money for another IVF treatment as an investment she thought would yield many times the expense in terms of financial returns. Evidently she couldn't foresee the public backlash, not to mention that beginnings of a Recession would worsen so dramatically. (I shudder at her cravenness)

Condolences to Mickey Rourke on the death of his beloved companion animal. What Harry Truman famously said about DC probably applies equally in Hollywood: If you want a friend, get a dog. (Although cats are also great).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 19, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Pam Anderson doesn't look bad for someone who is old and surgically enhanced. And even though Heidi Klum has something going for her besides her bod, Bawlmer51 is still funny.

Finally something that makes me feel sorry for Mickey Rourke. He used to have that rough around the edges bad-boy thing going for him, but the edges have moved toward the center over the years. Still, I can believe he is sorry he lost his dog, unlike when Paris couldn't find Tinkerbell. (She didn't check the Tomkat household.)

I hadn't really wanted to see "The Reader" until now. I thought it was one of those psychological movies, and now I learn that Kate Winslet's naked butt is a major plotline. She probably should keep it covered for awhile. Maybe we'll see it again in 2015 when she turns 40 and is all worried about people not thinking she's sexy any more. Kinda the opposite of Madge (and Pam), who think they're sexy when other people don't.

Why does Tonya Harding waste her time commenting on the President (appearance on Face the Nation coming soon) rather than Octomom? Tonya may have some actual insight to Octomom's thinking, if that's what it was.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 19, 2009 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Wait-just had an inspiration for a Friday List! Who would you like to see Katy Perry vomit on at the Oscars?

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 19, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Wasn't there a rumor that Octo-granny had been paid for some of her earlier scathing interviews about her daughter? Where'd that cash go?

She's not just behind or late w/payments according to the story, she hasn't made a payment in 10 months.

Posted by: jes11 | February 19, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Re: "Octo-mom" - When will Social Services come in to scoop these children up for rescue/adoption? The woman can't even care for the six she had, let alone eight more. Just think of the adoptive families who would benefit here!

I don't believe in keeping children with their parents if they're unfit/mentally ill. Those last eight will have better lives if they are rescued now rather than being lugged around home-to-home for years and living off their grandparents' largesse. Grrr!

"Gifts from God" indeed! She's reduced to begging for money online to supplement her state aid. Sorry, to me that equals unfit.

Thanks for letting me rant. :)

Posted by: undercover_hon | February 19, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

I care nothing about Johnnifer, but I might if the just-40 Jen decides to make a naked-butt movie. On the other hand, I sincerely hope SJP does not make a n-b movie.

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 19, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

ScarJo is off the market?
Salma Hayek hitched?
No more Kate in the Buff?

Jennifer Aniston doesn't do it for me.
OctoMom doesn't do it for me.
Pam Sillycone Anderson doesn't do it for me.
Even Katy "Rallllph" Perry doesn't do it for me.

Life has lost its meaning.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 19, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Ack gag: http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/19/octomom-house-million-dollar/

OctoMom may be in market to buy million dollar home. TMZ is also reporting there is a tv show being shot there. SOMEONE went ahead with the reality show. We must find out and boycott.

She was also spotted at Nordstrom. Why is the State not demanding reimbursement for what has been paid out to this woman?

Posted by: epjd | February 19, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

"Who would you like to see Katy Perry vomit on at the Oscars?"
1. Octomom
2. Brangelina
3. TomKat

"Why is the State not demanding reimbursement for what has been paid out to this woman?"
Yes, indeed. I have been asking the same thing, esp. given our budget crisis here in CA. And the fact that people who WORK have been furloughed.

Posted by: Californian11 | February 19, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

ep and Californian, I also wonder whether Octomom committed fraud in getting insurance money for her supposed back trouble, which didn't keep her from carrying around eight fetuses.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 19, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Hehehehehe. Great minds think alike, Nosy. :-)

Posted by: Californian11 | February 19, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, right there with you. ONE baby is tough on the back. Eight would be killing you. There is no way she could stand upright like that picture showed. Besides, don't most multiples wind up on bed rest? Hodie????????

Posted by: epjd | February 19, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Octomom skeeves me out so much that I can't even come up with a snarky comment.

However, I take great delight in snarking on any and all items about Heath Ledger. I am SO SICK OF HEATH LEDGER. His nomination, his win (so certain that this point that I don't know why the Academy even bothered with voting -- and I also pray that someone else will win on Sunday night!), who's going to accept, who's going to end up with the statue. . . . It just never bloody ends. For crissakes, he wasn't Albert Schweitzer -- just another drug-taking actor with a reasonable talent and the luck to be in a hit movie or two.

-The Poster Formerly Known as Snarky Squirrel

Posted by: 7900rmc | February 19, 2009 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Hmm, see Snarky's point on the ranting and making over Heath, but was a shocker to me and really loved his performance. Sort of surprised that Dark Knight didn't make it to the top of the best picture list, and sort of wondering if Slumdog might snag it . . . looks like the popular vote to me http://www.pikkee.com/outfit_tasks/gallery/3?page=2

Posted by: amandah1 | February 19, 2009 10:17 PM | Report abuse