Posted at 7:42 AM ET, 02/10/2009

Morning Mix: Chris Brown Investigation Continues

By Liz Kelly
tuesday

Headlines: Miley Cyrus again apologizes for "unintentionally hurtful" snapshot; invited to White House for private movie screening... Heath Ledger fans petition studio to retire the Joker from future films... Usher's wife recovering from surgery complications... Ironically, Nick Cannon tapped to host "America's Got Talent"... Tiger Woods and wife welcome a son... Kiss from Eva Longoria Parker sells for $35,000 at charity event.

Pix: Madonna and Brazilian model pose for racy 46-page W magazine spread (NSFW)... The always entertaining Juliette Lewis... Elle's Woman of the Year Courtney Love.

Crime Watch: Rihanna cooperating with police in Chris Brown investigation, says source; Wrigley drops Brown ad campaign.

Rumor Mill: Police source tells TMZ Rihanna was bloody and bruised... Brangelina discover kids running amok in London hotel... Britney Spears panicked over missing diary and home video interviews... Arnold Schwarzenegger to make "Terminator Salvation" cameo appearance?

By Liz Kelly  | February 10, 2009; 7:42 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: For Chris Brown, a Time to Get Help?
Next: Diane Keaton: Future Nobel Laureate?

Comments

if only chris brown would realize that the woman for him is Elle's woman of the year...

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | February 10, 2009 8:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | February 10, 2009 8:22 AM

Tee-hee.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 10, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

That is a really, really bad photo of Brit. The neck lines are icky.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 10, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

It's too bad that some guests were disturbed, but I say good for you guys to the Jolie-Pitt kids for behaving like kids.

Sometimes you just gotta run up and down the halls, ya know?

Sincerely,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | February 10, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Let's hope the movie Miley Cyrus is going to see at the White House isn't a Charlie Chan fim.

I don't think I'd tap Nick Cannon to host "America's Got a Pulse."

Heath Ledger's fans are fine, however, with future Brokeback movies. Brokeback Beach, Brokeback Volcano....

Arnold Schwarzenegger will play the director of photography in Terminator Salvation. His brief cameo prompts one of the most intense scenes in the film.

Whoever is taping Britney and/or giving her the equipment to tape herself, please stop. Haven't we learned enough?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 10, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

er, "film"

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 10, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Is it really "running amok" if the nanny *lets* you do it? I think that is actually called "supervised play."

Posted by: VaLGaL | February 10, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

When does Madonna realize that her act is getting...sad. She has a teenage daughter now - about 8 or 9 years younger than her new boyfriend.

Although, maybe it's a kabbala thing? (demi and her child-husband?)

Posted by: Amelia5 | February 10, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

I thought the only one who could tap Nick Cannon was Mariah Carey.

Maybe Miley Cyrus and the Obamas will watch Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 10, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus beat me to the Breakfast at Tiffany's snark.

Wow, Usher's wife looks like a man in that picture. My first reaction was "was the surgery to remove her man parts?" Now I feel like a bad person because I don't like snarking on people who are in physical pain.

It looks like Chris Brown really went absolutely insane. I heard that Rihanna had bite marks on her hands and fingers. Bite marks!? That's crazy. What a sad situation. Now I want to know what they were arguing about to make him go so off the handle.

Posted by: eet7e | February 10, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Next step in the Miley Cyrus apology campaign: Miley changes her name to "Mirey Cylus" so her Asian fans can more easily pronounce her name.

Madonna, we're so pleased that Jesus loves you, and we're even more pleased that you're letting us count the ways.

Is Juliette Lewis working a gig at the Ronald McDonald House?

Who is Amok? And why is he/she letting the Brangelina brats run him/her?

Rumor has it that Sorcerer's cat has been retained to write the screenplay to the upcoming movie, "The Britney Spears Diaries." Here's a sample:

3-15-07
Dear Diary, Today I wore a short skirt with no undies to show off my pubics to my adoring public. When I got into the limo, it was a real hoohah moment. Then I went to Luau to have some bearded clams. Ha-ha! I am so naughty!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Okay the Heath Ledger fans are officially getting creepy. They do know that lots of people played the Joker before Ledger did? Yes, it's sad he died. But, let's not deify him or his roles because of it.

I just have to see the words "Madonna" and "racy" and KNOW this is not something I want to see. We need to order more brain bleach for the Island.

Posted by: epjd | February 10, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Brangelina's kids running amok. I've loved the word amok, ever since in Hocus Pocus (gimme a break, I have kids) SJP played the dumb witch and parroted the word after Bette Midler's character said it. It makes me laugh everytime I hear it.

If I saw Juliette Lewis on the street, I'd probably put coins in her cup.

Arnold says, " I told you, I'd be back!"

No story about A-rod's admission to using performance enhancing drugs and testing positive for testosterone usage in 2003? I was all set to snark that taking his lead, Madonna also confesses to what we have always suspected. She too has used testosterone.

Posted by: hodie | February 10, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, Amelia5, I do wonder about the impact of Madonna's desperate histrionics on Lourdes. I can just imagine the rules of the Ciccone house:

#05: No reading in bed after 9 p.m.
#09: No boys in the house.
#13: No tattoos until high school.
#37: No nude photo shoots until you're 16.
#42: No B-12 shots to anyone's butts without an adult present.
#43: No administration of any other performance enhancing drugs unless Uncle A-Roid is visiting.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 10, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Why are Heath Ledger fans preoccupied with his role as the Joker. What's past is past. They should be petitioning the studios to have Heath Ledger play the role of the Crypt Keeper.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

"Elle's Woman of the Year Courtney Love? I guess technically she does have the right equipment for the title."???

A 2009 calender??

Posted by: JoeBlow991 | February 10, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I cannot stand Madonna, but thank you Jesus! Mmm, mmm good.

Posted by: BMore_Cat_Lover1 | February 10, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Sasquatch - i think Heath's already booked for Weekend at Bernie's 3 with Andrew McCarthy (only one of them has a dead career, right?)

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | February 10, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

I cannot see the 46-page W magazine spread, so I guess I'll have to take a lunchtime jaunt down to the National Gallery of Art to see Madonna and Child.

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 10, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | February 10, 2009 10:35 AM

*******************************************

Yeah, but where does that leave Jonathan Silverman?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 10, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Arlo Guthrie will sing a song about Madonna and Jesus, including the 46 glossy black & white photographs, with circles and arrows and a paragraph on each one, explaining what it was to be used as evidence agaisnt them.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Sas

Or she could change it to "Miwey Cywus" so she could become the next Baba Wawa.

Heath Ledger fans petition studio to retire the Joker from future films.

Heath wasn't the first, or even the second Joker, so why should he be the last?

Did Rihanna miss the Grammies in order to be with her man Chris Brown, or because she was hiding her injuries from the public?

Sadly, showbiz is not exempt from domestic violence, nor is it the exclusive province of any socioeconomic category. Reportedly Josh Brolin has slapped Diane Lane around (making me wonder if the real reason Minnie Driver broke off her engagement to him had less to do with Babs than we thought), while Laura Dern's father Bruce got violent with her mother Diane Ladd. Doris Day, herself the victim of physical violence in an earlier marriages (and later defrauded of vast sums by third husband Marty Melcher, a different type of abuse), portrayed the abused Big Band singer Ruth Etting in the film "Love Me or Leave Me." Perhaps most famously in our time ("What's Love Got to Do With It?"), Tina Turner reportedly had only 37¢ in her purse when she finally got fed up and fled Ike's violence. Social acceptance of domestic violence is so deeply ingrained (and hard to eradicate) that even at Ike's funeral, some of his supporters slurred Tina.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 10, 2009 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, but where does that leave Jonathan Silverman?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 10, 2009 10:43 AM

---------------------------------------------
Baby sitting the Lindbergh Baby.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Sas,

The approved Lizard terminology is "privacies", as in:

"Dear Diary, Today I wore a short skirt with no undies to show off my 'privacies' to my adoring public."

As it turns out, the adoring pubic, er, I mean public, just yawned.

VTY,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | February 10, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

On top of Chris Brown's other problems, he's not the sharpest tool in the tool shed, note,

"Brown reportedly fled the scene of the incident on foot with the keys to the rented silver Lamborghini."

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 10, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

I hope that whoever paid $35,000 for a kiss from Eva Longoria gets to have her kiss his butt in the middle of Times Square, after giving 24 hours notice to draw a crowd of paparazzi.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Is Arnold going back to work in films to raise funds to plug the holes in the California state budget? See, it's always good to have a multi-talented governor.

Posted by: 44west | February 10, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

sasquatch,
When I first read your post I was upset. I thought what a racist. But, then I called my Chinese American wife (who has no accent, in fact on the phone there is no way to tell she is Asian), and told her your joke. She laughed and said it was very funny. No harm, no foul!
Then I read your diary entry from Britney and could not stop laughing, so overall a very funny post!

Posted by: Iowahoosier | February 10, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Jesus saves (that photo shoot)! Wow....

Posted by: northgs | February 10, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

No the dumbest thing Brown did was get into a fight in a Lamborghini. As one reporter pointed out, there is not a lot of room in that car. Honestly, you are in such a nice car, act appropriately.

Rihanna missed the Grammys because her injuries were allegedly so extensive she was hospitalized.

Posted by: epjd | February 10, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

After seeing those photos of Madonna and her boy toy, I may have to find Jesus.

Posted by: memphis1 | February 10, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 10, 2009 10:46 AM
====
Sadly, Nosy, from today's news, we now know she was recovering from her bruises, contusions and cuts. No amount of makeup covers up a split lip.

The deeper irony was that Chris Brown had to back out of his performance at the NBA All-Star Game. Talk about a sympathetic audience...

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 10, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

All this talk of Heath Ledger's future film appearances reminds me of the interview with filmmaker Carl French, who had included a ten-years-dead Marilyn Monroe in one of his pictures.

INTERVIEWER: Does she have a big part?

FRENCH: She is the star of the film.

INTERVIEWER: And dead.

FRENCH: Well, we dug her up and gave her a screen test, a mere formality in her case, and...

INTERVIEWER: Can she still act?

FRENCH: Well...well, she-she's still has this-this enormous, ah-ah, kinda indefinable, uh...no.

INTERVIEWER: Was decomposition a problem?

FRENCH: We did have to put her in the fridge between takes.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 10, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

How very French of him, n'est ce pas?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | February 10, 2009 10:35 AM

*******************************************

Yeah, but where does that leave Jonathan Silverman?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 10, 2009 10:43 AM

Paging Druid priestess!

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 10, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | February 10, 2009 11:04 AM

=====
So now I'm curious. How much does the Lamborghini rental company charge for returning a blood-stained, police dusted car?

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 10, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Chris Brown versus Rihanna.
Beside the punishment by the law or by God, the shame is on any man or any country that attacks the weaker or the smaller.

Posted by: scooterlibre | February 10, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scooterlibre | February 10, 2009 11:29 AM
---------------------------------------------
Ask Donald Rumsfeld or Dick Cheney if he gives a $h|t.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scooterlibre | February 10, 2009 11:29 AM
-------------------------------------------Ask Donald Rumsfeld or Dick Cheney if he gives a $h|t.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2009 11:32 AM
-------------------------------------------
You see Rummy and Dick as two bullies. I see them more as two Christian men who remember the story of David and Goliath and not wanting to meet Goliath's fate.

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 10, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scooterlibre | February 10, 2009 11:29 AM

Right. That shame thingy is a BIG deterrent these days with celebs.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 10, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Brangelina litter running amok. I'm shocked! Shocked!

Oh, Madonna. When will you get over yourself and stop trying to pass for what you are no longer??? It's just sad now.

Posted by: Californian11 | February 10, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

I guess Brangelina's nanny ran out of Cheetos. It happens.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 10, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

"Is Arnold going back to work in films to raise funds to plug the holes in the California state budget?"

Here's hoping.

As always,
Californian

Posted by: Californian11 | February 10, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Feeling out of the loop, and under-caffeinated - I don't get the Breakfast at Tiffany's reference. Will someone splain?

Posted by: newengland1 | February 10, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Newengland, in the movie "Breakfast At Tiffany's", Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) has a Japanese randrord prayed by Mickey Looney as a very stereoptypical and offensive caricature. (But to his credit, he does not cry out, "Tora! Tora! Tora!" at any point in the film.)

In the real world, Myrey Cylus continues to apologize for her similarly stereoptypical and offensive caricature of a Chinese person.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 10, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the clarification! I have seen Breakfast at Tiffany's, must have repressed the traumatic memory of Mickey Rooney in such a role.

Posted by: newengland1 | February 10, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Having Mickey R(l)ooney in the vicinity is offensive in and of itself. Ask any of his 8 wives.

Hmmmm....the Eight Wives of Mickey Rooney. I see box office potential.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Thanks a lot. Now I have THIS running through my head...

And I said what about "Breakfast at Tiffany's?
She said, "I think I remember the film,
And as I recall, I think, we both kinda liked it."
And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got."

Posted by: mdreader01 | February 10, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Miley Cyrus just recently sang Let's Get Crazy Was it in DC Verizon Center ? Can't you print this Miley C.?

Fireproof is close to bible study guide on Marriage. You see, the film has a commit adultery which is the 12 commandments. But it is a good film for everyone to see.

Once you didnt obey you just turn around and begin to obey the commandments. And love our Lord is Jesus.

Posted by: marcy20046 | February 12, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse