Posted at 8:14 AM ET, 02/11/2009

Morning Mix: Will Smith Named Hollywood's Most Bankable; Heigl, Knight Leaving 'Grey's'?

By Liz Kelly

Gwyneth Paltrow arrives at Saks Fifth Avenue's 'Unforgettable Evening' last night in Beverly Hills. The event benefits the Entertainment Industry Foundation's Women's Cancer Research Fund. (Reuters)
wednesday

Headlines: Will Smith named Hollywood's most bankable star... (and at bottom of the list)... Bar Refaeli unveiled as Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover girl... Robert Pattison says stalker lost interest in his boring life... Salma Hayek breastfeeds stranger's baby... Mandy Moore shuts down her fashion line... KISS's Paul Stanley and wife welcome daughter.

Pix: Michelle Obama on the cover of March Vogue... Sarah Jessica Parker sports cloven-toed boots.

Crime Watch: DA seeks more evidence in Chris Brown case.

Rumor Mill: Katherine Heigl, T.R. Knight leaving "Grey's Anatomy"... Rihanna and Chris Brown argued over text message, says unnamed source... John Mayer pens birthday song for Jennifer Aniston... Mickey Rourke and Courtney Love dating?... Octuplet mom Nadya Suleman may get her own reality show.

Say What?
"Hopefully I can be a voice of America like [David Letterman]; hopefully people will say, 'I wonder what Jimmy Fallon thinks.'" -- Jimmy Fallon, who I would guess is thinking too hard about his upcoming late night gig.

By Liz Kelly  | February 11, 2009; 8:14 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Diane Keaton: Future Nobel Laureate?
Next: Is it Madonna or Her Shtick That's Getting Old?

Comments

Check out a photo of Gwynnie as a mom on this site. It's a hoot.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Um, Gwynnie. We know your boobs are sagging down to your knees 'cuz you had kids and breastfed. It's time to cover up those suckers.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 8:34 AM | Report abuse

I think we all have moments where we say to ourselves 'if X happens I'm leaving this country... I give up' - usually involving things like presidents invoking secrets acts to protect absurd policies or seeing government dominated by lobbyist agendas like stuffing billion-dollar packet-sniffing projects into stimulus packages or stuffing Justice chock full o' RIAA lawyers... (not to mention some of the things some others have done)...

But if America ever comes to a point where we, as a nation, collectively, turn to Jimmy Fallon and say 'you, sir, are the voice of the people - what say you today' on THAT day America has jumped the shark.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | February 11, 2009 8:35 AM | Report abuse

Hubris. It's a good thing. Especially when the economy is tanking.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 8:38 AM | Report abuse

Mandy Moore is hanging up her clothing line? I guess she'll have time now to focus on her first career...anybody remember what that was?

SJP in cloven toed boots? Nah, too easy.

Katherine Heigl, T.R. Knight leaving "Grey's Anatomy"...so now the show will move up to being merely unwatchable as opposed to being a total pile of cr@p.

Mickey Rourke and Courtney Love? Well they certainly won't win any awards for cutest couple.

I'm pretty sure that after the movie 'Taxi' came out, most Americans don't actually believe Jimmy Fallon thinks.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 11, 2009 8:43 AM | Report abuse

"Michelle Obama on the cover of March Vogue... "

Everytime the Obama family farts, it makes the news.

"Octuplet mom Nadya Suleman may get her own reality show."

The Octopussy mom will hook up with the Duggar family for some "family values".

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

I betcha the new Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover girl has heard her share of "a guy walks into a Bar" jokes.

"Robert Pattison says stalker lost interest in his boring life." Don't worry, Bobby, it's a short slide from there to #1411 on the Forbes's Star Currency survey.

Yesterday the Huffington Post had a link on its front page to the video of Salma. Beside teh big red tab that said "ENTERTAINMENT", the caption read, "WATCH: Salma Hayek breastfeeds African baby". Classy all the way.

Where does the SJP pick place her with regard to Leviticus 11, 1-8? All I got from the following was a headache, that she is probably unclean, but she's obviously not the rock hyrax:

"Now the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, "Speak to the children of Israel, saying, 'These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth: Among the animals, whatever divides the hoof, having cloven hooves and chewing the cud; that you may eat. Nevertheless these you shall not eat among those that chew the cud or those that have cloven hooves: the camel, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; the rock hyrax, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; the hare, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; and the swine, though it divides the hoof, having cloven hooves, yet does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch. They are unclean to you.'"

Rules, rules, rules, man.

The only good thing about Mickey Rourke and Courtney Love dating is the nickname we can give them: MiCo RoLo.

"Jimmy Fallon, voice of America" - only marginally better than drunks chanting "USA! USA! USA!" at sporting events.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 11, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

I know Bar Refaeli is supposed to be from Israel, but I would guess Brazil.

Posted by: milesdy | February 11, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Since the anticipation is killing me, I will make the obvious comment that byoolin, sasquatch, dorkus, et al are standing in line for Salma Hayak to act as their wet nurse.

Posted by: jes11 | February 11, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

jes, I was thinking that my coffee could use a little creamer.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 11, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jes11 | February 11, 2009 9:52 AM

Hey! I'm a straight woman, and I'm getting a woody thinking about Salma Hayek breast feeding strangers.....

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 10:01 AM

Good thing I didn't have a mouthful of Dorkus' coffee when I read that.

Posted by: jes11 | February 11, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me, or is T.R.Knight the most average looking of guys with the most insufferably pretentious name?

His name should be like Phil Jones. And T.R.Knight should be some mysterious tall, dark and handsome dude.

Posted by: Roxie1 | February 11, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Bar Rafaeli...wonder why they picked her?

Just kiddin', she's beautiful but why do they have to preface it by saying "she looks intelligent"? No one looking at these shots cares if she is smart or not. I'm sure the one question on most guy's mind is "is she easy?".

Hey Sas, maybe Salma will take pity on a hungry little hairy cryptid!

Finally, proof that there are goats in SJP's family tree. I knew it!

Anyone watching AI? (I know...I admit it a very guilty pleasure) But who thinks Nadya and that crazy girl Tatiana are related? And Nadya denied trying to look like Angelina, by the way. She said something to the point of "the lips are mine and I have more important things to think about".

Posted by: hodie | February 11, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

hodie, from what I saw on MSNBC earlier today, Bar was supposed to be on the cover last year but her pictures got pulled after she leaked the cover info to the press. But this year Leonardo DiCaprio lobbied the SI editors to put his girlfriend on the cover.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 11, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Bar Rafaeli...wonder why they picked her?

Posted by: hodie | February 11, 2009 10:37 AM

Right hodie.
Heavy duty questions, no matter the guy's age:

#1 Is she easy?
#2 Does she give head?
#3 Will she take it up the butt?
#4 Does she have a hot friend for a 3-way?

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

As W.C. Fields said when asked what he'd do if he could live his life over, he said he would "live over a bar." Not a bad choice.

Posted by: rashibama | February 11, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

jezebel, jezebel, we can always depend on you to say what we're thinking but too ladylike to say.

Posted by: hodie | February 11, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | February 11, 2009 11:01 AM

hodie - you posed the #1 question...logic took its course.
How do you think it will play on the Parenting blog?

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

I saw the SJP shoe deal on TMZ last night... I know, I know... but they showed the pic and said, SJP rocks the camel toe, b*tch."

Almost as funny as when they asked Martha Stewart if she would have Michael Phleps on her show, would she make pot brownies...

Posted by: Osteph | February 11, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

After Hodie and Jezebel's comments I feel compelled to say a word or two in defense of men.

Truthfully, "the one question" is not "is she easy?" The average man is not an idiot. (Actually, the average man *is* an idiot, but that's immaterial for our purposes.)

The average man recognizes that he has about as much of a chance of getting anywhere with the SI cover girl as he does of being elected God and therefore does not bother asking or wondering what the cover girl will or won't do. He just skips ahead to the part where he imagines her doing all of those things and calling him God.

(The average woman, for her part, knocks on the bathroom door and asks the average man if he's going to be in there all night.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 11, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Hodie, I watch AI but, who is the Nadya chick you are talking about??

Posted by: Osteph | February 11, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Gwynnie the Poo, please keep in mind that rib cages are not sexy. Thank you very much.

Mandy Moore had a clothing line?

I can never remember - do the cloven hooves mean Sarah Jessica is kosher or tref?

I love what Salma did. Maybe she really IS beautiful inside as well as outside!

Posted by: jaybbub | February 11, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 11, 2009 11:14 AM

Looks like I haven't dated any "average men". They ALL thought they could nail a super model if the timing was right. LOL!!

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Jez, you were possibly one of the lucky few who've dated 'above-average men.'

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 11, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Jaybub, I believe that depends on whether or not she chews her cud.

Posted by: memphis1 | February 11, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Jaybbub, cloven-hooved ruminants are kosher. With that horse-face, you tell me...

Posted by: northgs | February 11, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Salma Hayek and Bar Rafaeli are clearly two of the great minds of our time. Mickey Rourke and Courtney Love, not so much.

Giving the Octopuplet Mom her own reality show is like making Jimmy Fallon the spokesman for America. btw, Jimmy, didn't we determine who that is in November?

Posted by: reddragon1 | February 11, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Jez, you were possibly one of the lucky few who've dated 'above-average men.'

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 11, 2009 11:24 AM

Dunno if they were above average. As Edith Wharton would say "they were different".
The nailing super model (or any other woman) theory depends on the super model/woman going through a difficult time which can result in:

1. Rebound sex
2. Revenge sex
3. Break the monotony sex
4. Boozy/druggie sex
5. Pity sex
6. Denial sex
7. Nervous breakdown sex
8. Rehab sex
9. Recovery sex

Wash, rinse, repeat. Oh, and there's a rumor that on rare occasions super models have sex to make babies. YMMV.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I absolutely refuse to watch any show that has the Octomom on. She did it for the publicity -- and she is now getting that. Why are we feeding her obsession?

I think Jimmy Fallon's comment begs a larger question. Are there actually people out there who wonder what David Letterman thinks about something?

Posted by: epjd | February 11, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | February 11, 2009 11:44 AM

Jimmy Fallon must be banging a super model.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

ep

Actually, I thought Letterman did a pretty good job last night interviewing the US Airway Flight 1549 crew (although staying up so late has left me sleep-deprived all morning, since I'm no night-owl).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 11, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Speaking of the flight 1549 crew, there's a new drink named after Captain Sully. It's two shots of Grey Goose and a splash of water.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 11, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

byoolin, I would never consider you just average!

jezebel, definitely not appropriate for the Mommy blog. Time to use that filter we all have. LOL But maybe they can find nicer dates for you?

Osteph, I was refering to Nadya the Octomom. Tatiana from AI seems to have a similar personality disorder.

Posted by: hodie | February 11, 2009 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, Captain Sully has a very dry wit (not that that's not a good thing). But Jeff Skiles, his co-pilot, seemed more extroverted and hilarious on Letterman last night. I thought that for the entire crew, appearing on the show may have been a form of therapy for them, Letterman handled it so well (and I'm not a major fan of his).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 11, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Wait, you've all missed the big story up there...a celeb named their kid a relatively normal name!!

Paul Stanley named his new daughter Sarah Brianna!!

KUDOS PAUL!!

Posted by: wadejg | February 11, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, love the drink idea.

Methinks, I think you're the Lizard Island bartender, right? Better stock up on Grey Goose. (Get an extra case or two - I'll be buying rounds for my supermodel friends Hodie and Jezebel.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 11, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

thanks byoolin! Make it a double and I'm sure I'll stop being so cynical!

Posted by: hodie | February 11, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 11, 2009 12:38 PM

Extra case or two!!!! Ha, ha. For the cyberspace supermodel friends!

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Sometimes it really pays to come late to the party. Once I saw those cloved-toed boots and the caption "Horsing around", I just knew the Lizards would be in rare form.

I'm guessing when that little Sierra Leonian boy grows up, he will have that shot of Salma Hayek's considerable "assets" blown up into a poster and carried with him everywhere. For the rest of his life.

In sharp contrast to Gwyneth Paltrow's alarmingly bony breastplate. Sheesh girl, eat something would you?

Oh god, I was so hoping the Clown Car Vagina's 15 minutes of fame were already over. Yeah, that's what she needs -- more fame and more money she didn't earn, just for being a whack job. Will she use the money from the reality show to implant a dozen more embryos via IVF?

The whole Rihanna/Chris Brown thing is very disturbing. I sure hope she dumps him and gets a restraining order ...

Posted by: Californian11 | February 11, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Salma Hayek has ever read "The Grapes of Wrath."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 11, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Salma Hayek has ever read "The Grapes of Wrath."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 11, 2009 1:04 PM

LOL! Or heard of Romulus & Remus.

Posted by: jezebel3 | February 11, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Will Smith named Hollywood's most bankable star.

No thanks to me, though. I refuse to spend a cent on entertainment by $cientologists or their fellow travelers. It's my damn money and I'll do as I please with it. I also switch the station whenever any of them come on TV.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 11, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

After a slow start, "bisexual former druid priestess" is up to more than a hundred Google hits.

Posted by: bobsewell | February 11, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Hi guys,

Just got done having lunch with Salma Hayek. Let me wipe the milk off my mouth before I proceed.

Does Robert Pattison treat his audience as a bunch of stalkers?

Does anyone know whether Treasury will buy up Will Smith as part of the TARP toxic assets buyback?

I didn't know that Mandy Moore ran a consignment shop.

Who's face is Paul Stanley wearing?

Time to call a Code Blue on the careers of Katerine Heigl and T.R. Knight. If I were the Administrator, I'd have posted a DNR on both of them some time ago.

If the DA wants more evidence on Chris Brown, perhaps the DA should find out the name of the bimbo who texted the booty call to Brown's cell phone.

While we're on the subject of Booty Calls, what can we call those boots worn by SJP? Other than Camel Toe, that is? Is SJP trying to prove to us that she is not a horse?

Should I watch American Idol to see Tatiana? Only if Tatiana has nice ta-tas.

Good thing I fixed that toilet so Ms Snatchquatch has her own loo. Now she doesn't have to harangue me and disrupt my supermodel fantasies.

Does anyone know the lyrics to John Mayer's song to Jennifer Aniston? I'm guessing they're along the lines of "I'd rather be bottom to another man, butt you'll do me fine."

If Mickey Rourke and Courtney Love had a kid, they kid would be the future star of "The Hills Have Eyes: Next Generation."

Nadya Suleman wants her own reality series? Fine. I got a storyboard for her. The show is called "Family Services 911." it airs truTV. on It depicts overworked and under resourced family services professionals dealing with overbreeding wackos." Following, "Family Serices 911," truTV airs a reality show starring Nadya Suleman. It's called "Who Wants to Get a Hysterectomy?"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 11, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Sas
Maybe Octomom will someday be inviting Supernanny Jo Frost to her home to teach her how to wrangle her herd.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 11, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, I think even Jo Frost won't be able to make these dogs hunt. This is a job for Caesar Milan!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 11, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Here's an idea for Octomom's reality show: the search for eight couples who are both employed and sane, who can each adopt one of her kids and save them from a life of horror. On second thought, make that a search for *fourteen* families!

Posted by: chantooz | February 11, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Sas, my contempt for Octomom is surpassed only by my compassion for those 14 kids, who never did anything to deserve the situation they're in.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 11, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

chantooz, I'd settle for seven couples, so each could take two kids apiece (thus allowing the twins and the two pairs of identical octuplets to stay with one another).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 11, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, I think that the municipality where Octomom lives should sue her to gain control of any money she makes from any publicity. the municipality can use that money to place all 14 kids in homes with more nearly normal parents.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 11, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

The octopuplet story just gets worse and worse. Two, perhaps three, of her previous six children have disabilities (at least one is autistic). She's collecting state money for the disabilities children, food stamps, and Kaiser is applying to MediCal (more state money) to defray what will probably top a million dollars in medical bills for the preemie pups, so already "we" are paying for this fiasco. Since the amount of care required for children with disabilities is easily double those without, her previous children were already neglected in my book. Now add eight that need simultaneous feeding and diapering. It makes me angry. What's also sad is that our collective anger at the mother means the children will suffer. We don't want HER to benefit. Perhaps a reality show will be a good thing--once it's revealed she can't possibly take proper care of any of them even with the benefits of reality show, and more of her delusional personality is revealed, the solution to make it right is taking them away from her and giving them to the good homes that will clamor for it.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | February 11, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Sigh. Octomom makes me sad. She's unhinged (and notice my earlier, she wants to be Angelina comment has made it to mainstream media - I do think there is a connection).

Octomom unhinged, children without any father at all, mad scientist enabling unhinged mom, and 14 little children either growing up poor and neglected by overwhelmed, unhinged mom -- or growing up exploited and as circus freaks (or objectified like the Dionne quints), again by unhinged, explotative mom.

I don't think adoption is the answer - nor is having a lot of children the problem - it's the instability of the mom, the lack of adult relationships and the belief that she is doing more than other parents - I think she's meglomanical. Like Angelina.

Posted by: Amelia5 | February 11, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

And now she's got a shiny new website for donations, courtesy of her pr reps.

Posted by: memphis1 | February 11, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

And now she's got a shiny new website for donations, courtesy of her pr reps.

Posted by: memphis1 | February 11, 2009 5:14 PM
---------------------------------------------
Fine. Let's give her a load of crap.
Hmmm...with all those children, she already has a dump truck load.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 11, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Dang, there are people who genuinely need help from situations beyond their control. Or a little helping hand while they help themselves. This woman deliberately puts herself in this overwhelming situation and people rush to help her.

Hey, how about making a donation to the Australian Red Cross or the Australian Wildlife Rescue (those stories are heartbreak, a poor turtle whose shell was MELTED).

Posted by: epjd | February 11, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

I confess, I looked at Octomom's website. There are pics of the babies with birthweight, name and... "male" or "female". Not "boy" or "girl". The PR firm seems to be going with the litter analogy as well.

Posted by: mat00 | February 11, 2009 6:20 PM | Report abuse