Posted at 10:45 AM ET, 03/ 9/2009

Celebrity Anatomy: A Handy Guide to Mismatched Digits

By Liz Kelly

Seldom have I noted more schadenfreude in celebrity critiquers than that inspired when otherwise glamorous female celebs are possessed of hands that appear to have been transplanted onto their bodies from the corpse of Frankenstein. (Possessed of a particularly strapping pair of paws myself, I can sympathize.)

Using celeb hand-identifying as our example, today we test out a new feature -- the matchy-matchy quiz. Take a peek at the four appendages below, then try your hand at guessing to whom each belongs. If all goes well, the spiffy new quiz tool should pop back your score and let you know which answers (if any) you got wrong.

After you have established your superiority (or inadequacy) in the study of celebrity digits, you'll get to see the hands attached to their owners.

Have any problems with the quiz experience? Let me know in the comments section.

By Liz Kelly  | March 9, 2009; 10:45 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Insta-Polls
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Brangelina Do D.C.; Kimmel and Silverman Reportedly Split Again
Next: Octo-Mom Gets Childcare; Rihanna and Chris Brown Recording Duet?

Comments

4 out of 4 right...I'm a genius. Hey did anyone else think "man hands" at the SJP photo? Yikes.

Posted by: milesdy | March 9, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

How skinny is Uma's wrist? It's like a toothpick! And her hand looks flat like she's pushing it up a pane of glass.

And as veiny and disgusting as SJP's hands are, it's kind of encouraging to see that she bites her nails like I do. The rest of my hands are smooth and non-veiny, though.

Posted by: eet7e | March 9, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I missed the last one (thought it was Jolie) so 75% which is not a passing grade. I'm hanging my head in smame. Some Celebritologist I am...(kicks rocks, and shuffles away.)

Posted by: pras40 | March 9, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

4 for 4 too. SJP's hands are frightening...

Posted by: beaker1 | March 9, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

SJP hands looked a bit cyanotic to me (but probably just the blue veins standing out). Is she a smoker?

Posted by: hodie | March 9, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

i am batting .500.

i gave sjp's hands to meg ryan and posh's to demi moore.

i do feel better about my own hands now...

Posted by: memphis1 | March 9, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hodie | March 9, 2009 11:23 AM

=============
ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

You're a doctor, arent' you?

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 9, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

4 for 4, which is pretty good since two were blind guesses (Posh and Uma). I wanted Cruella DeVille to be a choice for Pic #1 (Posh) though. All of that white fur...

Posted by: northgs | March 9, 2009 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Well, I only got one right, but in my defense, I incorrectly answered "Jennifer Aniston" on one because I was once watching a movie she starred in and noticed that she had the hands of a 70-year-old man. It creeped me out.

Posted by: ASinMoCo | March 9, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

You know what they say about people who have large hands, don't you?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 9, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Way, way, back in the early Triassic Era, when I was in undergrad, some enterprising conmedians (I was not one of them) put their old stash of Playboy and Penthouse magazines to good use in a dorm ice-breaker exercise. They cut out the breasts of the women, pasted each breast on a different dorm door, and announced a Match The Boob contest, in which people who correctly re-paired two separated ta-tas got a free beer as a prize.

Worked wonderfully.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 9, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Very strange - I added a comment and it's not showing up now. All I said was, I'm pleased with getting half of them right.

I have bad hands, so I sympathize with these lovely celebs with hands like mine.

Posted by: mat00 | March 9, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

You know what they say about people who have large hands, don't you?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 9, 2009 11:48 AM

Oooh, I've heard about that - they have very large

gloves.

Batting .500. I would have expected more spangly rings on Madonna, and manicured nails on SJP. (Although I still guessed SJP because of the veins and deathly pallor.) The fur in the background gave Posh away. And Amy Winehouse was a trick answer for Uma's stick wrist! Curses!

Posted by: trichobezoar | March 9, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: trichobezoar | March 9, 2009 1:57 PM

=========
No it wasn't. True Celebritologies know that Amy's nails are always dirty. So I guessed Angelina Jolie and that was the only one I got wrong. Uma's pretty tall. I'd expect her to have big hands. Her tiny wrists, however, are mighty strange.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 9, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

sas,
i'm guessing (hoping, actually) that this was in the days before co-ed dorms....

Posted by: memphis1 | March 9, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Regrettably, I also scored 4 out of 4. I am now going out to get a life. ;) Seriously, I clicked with confidence!

Posted by: lapluie | March 9, 2009 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Yeech. All homely and ugly hands. Surprising since these women put so much time and effort into their other body parts.

Posted by: itsagreatday1 | March 10, 2009 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Yup, 3 out of 4 for me too. I picked Angelina in place of Uma.

Posted by: LittleRed1 | March 10, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse