Posted at 7:42 AM ET, 03/25/2009

Lindsay Lohan Blames Fans for Lackluster Career; Britney Spears Racks Up $2.7 Million in Legal Fees

By Liz Kelly

Sporting what appears to be the telltale red string Kabbalah bracelet, Lisa Rinna arrives at TV Guide's sexiest stars party on Tuesday in Hollywood. (Getty Images)
Wednesday

Headlines: Britney Spears paid $2.7 million in legal fees in less than a year... Seth Rogen becomes ninth man to appear on Playboy cover... Stephen Colbert wins NASA space station naming contest... Denise Richards cut from "Dancing with the Stars"... Fired nurses file child protective services complaints against Octo-mom Nadya Suleman... Fan sues charity over Angelina Jolie meet-and-greet that never happened... Frieda Pinto signs on to new Julian Schnabel movie.

Pix & Vid: Bret Michaels in "A Letter from Death Row"... Kim Kardashian cover shoot before and after... Jennifer Aniston hides beneath enormous hood... The Olsen twins and Whitney Port design identical shorts.

Crime Watch: Phil Spector's defense team says alleged victim "killed herself."

Rumor Mill: Rihanna checks out $6.25 million Hollywood home... Rep says Katy Perry and Josh Groban not dating... Jennifer Hudson to appear on "American Idol"... Robert Pattinson needs to shower, says on-set source... Angelina Jolie on a liquid diet?... Auctioneers claim they were threatened by Michael Jackson's reps... Roseanne Barr filming new sitcom pilot.

Say What?
"If people would just leave my personal life alone -- because it's really not that interesting -- then I could land a great role, but all the sicko fans and the noise is so distracting." -- Lindsay Lohan explains her foundering career.

By Liz Kelly  | March 25, 2009; 7:42 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. Now Hip Enough for Vampires
Next: If U Seek Britney Mania, Look No Further Than Verizon Center

Comments

"Fired nurses file child protective services complaints against Octo-mom Nadya Suleman'

I am soo sick of this story. How long will it go on? As long as the spotlight shines on it. PLEASE shine your spotlight elsewhere.

Posted by: jezebel3 | March 25, 2009 8:13 AM | Report abuse

Lindsay, please stop blaming the victims.

Posted by: CentreOfNowhere1 | March 25, 2009 8:32 AM | Report abuse

Hey, byoolin, your Top 10 list yesterday of reasons for Letterman to get married was funnier than Dave's last night! CBS should consider hiring you for Late Night's writing staff.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Denise Richards cut while Woz stays on? Must be Nerd Power.

Since Frieda Pinto used to be a model, is it OK if she appears on fashion magazine covers?

Michael is so scary. I'd be intimidated. He bad.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 25, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

*Who says Lindsay's career is floundering? What about that awesome commercial for Fornarina? She expressed such range, such depth...

*Is Kabballah the last hope of the desperate? Is it the new Scientology? I think we need a little background. Why are celebrities so drawn to it? Does it promise something in exchange for wearing red thread?

Posted by: pras40 | March 25, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

As a photographer, I have to say that there's nothing particularly outlandish about the retouching on the pic of whichever Kardashian that is. I know it's been said before, but EVERY fashion image you see has been retouched. What was done to that image is really a very basic retouch. Editorial images, on the other hand, are seriously not supposed to be retouched, as in photographers & editors can be- and have been-fired, but is it always caught? I doubt it. What's shocking to me about that image, is WHY does anyone want to put this person in their magazine?!

Posted by: talleyl | March 25, 2009 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Your Honor, I move that Ms. Spears' next album be named "Billable Hours," if it please the Court.

Seth Rogen on Playboy's cover...and just like that, it went from being a typical "stroke" magazine to a "Hef's Had A Stroke" mag.

WRT methinks' question about whether Kabballah is "the last hope of the desperate," some people might say that about religion in general.

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 25, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

'Cleansing' diets lure celebs, but not health experts

No one ever said that all celebs are bright.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Interesting that you ran that preposterous Lohan quote today. At about 2:00 this morning, during a bout of insomnia, I happened to watch "I Know Who Killed Me."
So. Unbelievably. Stupid. It's baffling how crap like that gets made. But hey, blame the paparazzi and the 'sickos' all you want for your lack of career, girlfriend.

Posted by: Trumance1 | March 25, 2009 10:14 AM | Report abuse

So. Unbelievably. Stupid.

Posted by: Trumance1 | March 25, 2009 10:14 AM

=======
What a coincidence. I logged some time with "Desparately Seeking Susan" over the weekend and became reacquainted with Madonna's acting "talent." And lots of bad, bad 80's fashion.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 25, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

****
byoolin, the sound of hands clapping in agreement.
****
as far as Woz goes, yes, the nerds are out in force voting for him. who would better know how to get the vote out and to vote multiple times as quickly as possible than a computer nerd?

Posted by: frieda406 | March 25, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Lindsey, I agree that your fans these days probably are a bit unbalanced.

I can't believe Queen Liz posted that item about the Olsen twins' and Whitney Port's shorts - they're pleat-fronts!

Agree that the Kardashian photo retouching isn't all that dramatic.

Posted by: northgs | March 25, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

frieda, That's also what kept Mark Cuban on the show so long a few seasons back.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Phil Spector's lawyer contends that the victim, Lana Clarkson, killed herself. If you had the choice of living with Phil Spector or committing suicide, what would you do?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 25, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Sas, We all know what Chuck Grassley would suggest.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

I looked at the before and after on Kim K's photo. Twasn't retouched enough.

"Now my concern for the 14 children continues to be my singular focus,” said Dr. Phil. I predict that "singluar focus" will last as long as this TV ratings season.

I think what Lindsay really meant to say was "If I could just perfect my self tanner, I could land one of the great roles that Frieda Pinto appears to be stealing these days."

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 25, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

The only things missing from the picture of the hooded Jennifer Aniston is the cell at Gitmo, wires clamped to her hands and a box for her to stand on.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 25, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Sas, We all know what Chuck Grassley would suggest.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 10:36 AM

-----------------------------------------
Wow, Nosy! I didn't know that Phil Spector produced "I'm Turning Japanese"!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 25, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Kim Kardashian "cleaned up"? I didn't know that Photoshop had Gunk and Powerwash tools.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 25, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Phil Spector should be sharing a cell with Roman Polanski.

mdreader, this would make a great TV movie, and stifle the Jen=girl next door talk forever. "I was a female terrorist for Al Quaida" starring Jennifer Anniston as a Gitmo prisoner!

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 25, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Wait--Jen's current film is "the Baster?" What's it about? Roasting Turkey?

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 25, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Britney Spears paid $2.7 million in legal fees in less than a year...

I didn't even know she passed her bar exams??

Posted by: JoeBlow991 | March 25, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

jezebel3, I understand your frustration with the Octomom stories. However, I am still interested as are millions of other people. The stories I don't want to see reported are anything to do with DWTS or AI. Hate those shows and the annoying bottom feeders on them. That is to say, it's all personal taste. Liz makes it clear the item will be about octomom. Just skip it and click on the next one. Problem solved!

Posted by: lafilleverte | March 25, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Wait--Jen's current film is "the Baster?" What's it about? Roasting Turkey?

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 25, 2009 10:56 AM

---------------------------------------------
It's about Jen's attempts to get pregnant.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 25, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Why is Lisa Rinna at an event for TV's sexiest stars?

Posted by: newengland1 | March 25, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

sas, I had that thought after posting. She's going to play Octomom on a direct-to-DVD movie.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 25, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Sure, sure...whatever you want to think about religion in general (last hope of the deperate, etc.) but what is it about Kabballah that's so alluring to celebrities? Is it just the mysticism?
For crying out loud, do I have to do my own research??

Posted by: pras40 | March 25, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Mysticism is the antithesis of science (literally, knowledge) and logic. Stars susceptible to mysticism, psychics, cults, fake-religions and the like just don't want to strain their pretty little heads thinking, because they might hurt themselves. They might also discover that, like Earth, they are not the center of our solar system. Owe, the humanity!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing most celebs are into Kabbalah for that snazzy red string!

Posted by: wadejg | March 25, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Why is Lisa Rinna at an event for TV's sexiest stars?

Posted by: newengland1 | March 25, 2009 11:12 AM

***

In music, it would be called counterpoint.

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 25, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Britney Spears is being bled dry by a bunch of lawyers. Most of the legal fees are not for things she is instigating but involve lawyers filing motions against other lawyers and they all want Britney to reimburse them.

Posted by: buffysummers | March 25, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: buffysummers | March 25, 2009 12:47 PM

-----------------------------------------
I sure hope those lawyers are featured on this year's Shark Week.

Posted by: angelos_peter | March 25, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

In music, it would be called counterpoint.

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 25, 2009 12:47 PM
--------------------------------------

Who would play Dan Aykroyd to Lisa Rinna's Jane Curtin?

Posted by: angelos_peter | March 25, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps Stinky Vampire Guy has figured out that smelling really rank keeps screaming tweens away from you.

Posted by: kjohnson3 | March 25, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Isn't LiLo blaming fans for the current state of her career an excellent way to maintain the status quo?

Posted by: jes11 | March 25, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the insight, Nosy. I've looked at some Kabbalah websites to try to figure out what they believe but it's so much fluff and stuff. It's like reading legalize. I start reading it and all of a sudden...ooh, something shiny...

Posted by: pras40 | March 25, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Any moral code that allows the consumption of cheese, and the consumption of burgers, but not the consumption of cheeseburgers, is beyond my ken.

Posted by: bobsewell | March 25, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bobsewell | March 25, 2009 2:37 PM
--------------------------------------------
To say nothing of moral codes that prohibit any image of the central religious figure under penalty of blasphemy.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 25, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Hey LiLo. Hear that sound? It's the sound of the world's smallest violin. If you don't want paps following you, try behaving like a sane adult. You'll notice paps don't follow some of your mentors, like the late Natasha Richardson, Diane Keaton, Meryl Streep, etc.

Kim K. a talentless starlet ... hee hee. Talentless yes, but starlet? Why a starlet?

"Why is Lisa Rinna at an event for TV's sexiest stars?" ... hear, hear.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 25, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Sas, I'm rarely a fan of Michelle Malkin's, but she courageously posted those images on her blog:

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Kind of unrelated, but only kind of. Did anyone see the big fireball that was supposed to go off over the Potomac? Did it happen?

I'd be surprised if they actually did it. Isn't that the type of thing they do with CGI nowadays?

Posted by: eet7e | March 25, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Who would play Dan Aykroyd to Lisa Rinna's Jane Curtin?

Posted by: angelos_peter | March 25, 2009 1:38 PM
====

Nothing less than the hard-hitting journalism of Billy Bush.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 25, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bobsewell | March 25, 2009 2:37 PM
============
But Botox, Restylane, and steroids are plenty kosher!

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 25, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

eet7e, the Sourcettes were chatting re waiting for the fireball during their noon-hour chat today. Perhaps they'll run an update. Or you could email them?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Nevermind, ask and ye shall receive. It's now on the front of wapost.com

Posted by: eet7e | March 25, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the heads-up, eet7e!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Please see article cited at left, People: "Family friend says Richardson was donor"
Someone here had wondered about this when she died.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, that someone was me. I'm glad to hear they authorized a donation and happier to hear that they are telling others. Unfortunately, familes have to make the decision in the midst of the greatest agony they could possibly experience. To rise above that for the good of others is extrodinary.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 25, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

mdreader, it was a generous decision under unspeakably sad circumstances. I hope the family derived comfort from knowing this was one more way to keep Natasha's memory alive.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 25, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

"Unfortunately, families have to make the decision in the midst of the greatest agony they could possibly experience" ... Unless the donor has already documented his/her wishes (highly advisable). Saves a family beside themselves with grief from having to make that decision, or worse, saves the patient from having family override his/her wishes.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 25, 2009 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, thank you for the heads-up. I too had wondered about organ donation in this situation, and I'm so, so glad that this seems to be the case here. I'll admit I have a particular interest in the topic.

**Warning! Deep Thoughts Ahead! You Have Been Warned!**

Eleven years ago this June, I received a kidney from a living donor. When someone you love decides to donate an organ, or a part of an organ, part of the pre-surgery workup you go through is a psych screening. I vividly remember one line in the conversation; the doctor said something akin to, "Neither of you can use this as a bargaining chip. No guilt trips, no threats. This is a gift."
When you receive an organ, you are being given a gift. But this is a gift of such proportion that it dwarfs any sense of normal procedure. How can I say thank you for this? I would be saying nothing but thank you, for the rest of my life, and it still couldn't convey what you've given me.
To Ms. Richardson's family, and to all donors, both living and gone, and to their families: Thank you. I'm saying it again, and I'll say it again and again, because it will never be enough for the gift you've given. You took your grief and your loss and you gave us life and hope and joy. Thank you.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | March 25, 2009 11:54 PM | Report abuse