Posted at 8:28 AM ET, 03/27/2009

Madonna Files Papers for Second Adoption; Britney Spears Roadies Arrested in Detroit Dust Up

By Liz Kelly

Debra Messing, Brooke Shields and Angie Harmon strike an angelic pose at a Thursday evening Latisse launch party in Los Angeles. (AP)
Friday

Headlines: Madonna planning second adoption, say Malawian officials; Madge confirms she's single again on Twitter... Jennifer Aniston tops Details list of Hollywood's sexiest women... Gwyneth Paltrow to unveil '70s-inspired fashion collection next week... Lindsay Lohan's new movie headed straight to cable... Nicole Kidman signs on to latest Woody Allen film... Jennifer Hudson sets wedding date, but it's a secret... Sarah Palin wants Republicans to stand up to "goofy Defenders of Wildlife starlets"... Designer sues Courtney Love for defamation, etc... Holly Madison injures rib rehearsing for "Dancing with the Stars"... Val Kilmer expected at weekend animal charity fundraiser in D.C.

Pix & Vid: "Top Chef's" Padma Lakshmi sells Carl's Jr. burgers.

Crime Watch: Britney Spears roadies in Pittsburgh cop brawl... Man pleads not guilty to stalking "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Shawn Johnson... Phil Spector jury begins deliberations... Alleged David Caruso stalker in custody... John McEnroe victim of art investment scam... R&B artist Wayna arrested at Houston airport for carrying collapsable Billy club.

Rumor Mill: "Watchmen" star Jeffrey Dean Morgan discovers four-year-old son... Is Britney Spears still texting Adnan Ghalib?... Spears to join Michael Jackson on London stage?

By Liz Kelly  | March 27, 2009; 8:28 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'He's Our You'
Next: Insta-Poll: Who Makes the Best Marilyn Monroe?

Comments

"Gwyneth Paltrow to unveil '70s-inspired fashion collection next week... "

The '70s? LOL!!!!

"Chat Day: Close out your work week with a weekend-starting hour of juicy gossip at 2 p.m. ET in this week's edition of Celebritology Live."

Please, Liz, please! No more dumbass Octomom stories here our on here your live chat!

Posted by: jezebel3 | March 27, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Are we sure this Morning Mix isn't recycled from some previous time period? Not only are the subjects echos from days gone by, but some of the actual items, e.g., "Phil Spector jury begins deliberations" seem like they are word-for-word. Guess the Nicole/Woody thing is new. Thought she had more sense than to make movies for perverts.

Posted by: reddragon1 | March 27, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

"Nicole Kidman signs on to latest Woody Allen film" -- Botox Over Broadway? Mighty Forehead Tighty?

"Phil Spector jury begins deliberations" -- I hope Ronnie Spector's outside the courtroom singing, "he's a little guilty, whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa."

"John McEnroe victim of art investment scam" -- You can't be serious. You CANNOT be serious!

"Spears to join Michael Jackson on London stage?" -- She can fill in for Janet on that hit she and Michael had. And make the audience wanna scream.

"Jennifer Aniston tops Details list of Hollywood's sexiest women" -- You're kidding, right? Either she has a great agent or no one else remotely hot lives technically within Hollywood zip codes.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 27, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Alleged David Caruso stalker in custody...

and hopefully getting the psychiatric care they so obviously need. Of all the people to stalk...

Posted by: JoeBlow991 | March 27, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I think Jennifer Aniston has a great body. And it's real, unlike most of Hollywood.

Posted by: msame | March 27, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

So Willie Aames of "Charles in Charge" and "Zapped" fame is broke and is selling all his possessions at a yard sale. I'm shocked that he hasn't been able to live comfortably off the residuals from his Christian superhero character Bibleman. Maybe he can team up with Kirk Cameron.

Posted by: buffysummers | March 27, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: buffysummers | March 27, 2009 9:18 AM

Or Elmer Gantry.

Posted by: jezebel3 | March 27, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

"Madge confirms she's single again on Twitter..." I'm surprised she uses Twitter - after all, hasn't everyone on the planet already seen her tweet?

Apparently, Details finds "Can't $&#$^%#% let go of the Brad thing" sexy.

Thanks, Gwynnie, for all you've done to bring bell bottoms back to the prominence they so richly deserve.

Holly Madison injures rib... or, as Playboy's Unabashed Dictionary defines it, "she's racked, with pain."

Val Kilmer, Governor Palin would like to talk to you.

That Padma Lakshmi burger ad is just about enough to make a bishop kick out a stained-glass window, as they say. Although I *would* have liked a gratuitous shot of her running with the burger.

Aw, geez, Brit's roadie guys. Dint yinz get enough Primanti's 'n'at? Coupla Imp 'n' Arns and yinz'd be aright.

Son-of-a-you-know-what. It *is* possible to form a sentence that includes the words "David Caruso" and "stalker."

John McEnroe scammed. His reaction: "You can't be serious, man! You CANNOT be serious! You gotta be the absolute pits of the world, you know that?"

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 27, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

TD, congrats on ruining my keyboard what that McEnroe comment.

My oh my, Ms. Tina Fey-look-alike is certainly doing what she can to keep herself in the news now, isn't she? I was content to let her go back to Alaska and live and let live, but if she takes another jab at Ashley Judd, I'll take her hunting rifle and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Wow, I didn't recognize Brooke Shields at all in that photo. And what's an Angie Harmon?

Jez, I think you need to direct your plea to Producer Paul instead of Liz. But I have to say I find it funny that Liz didn't mention octomom once in today's post, but you brought her up in the first comment of the day.

Posted by: eet7e | March 27, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

td, sorry about that. Didn't mean to steal your McEnroe line.

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 27, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

byoolin

English translation, please!

"Top Chef's" Padma Lakshmi sells Carl's Jr. burgers.

Guess she has no sacred cows.

Sarah Palin wants Republicans to stand up to "goofy Defenders of Wildlife starlets."

And I want Republicans to stand up to "goofy Disrepscters of Wildlife politician-lets."

Gwyneth Paltrow to unveil '70s-inspired fashion collection next week.

Once was once too often already.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 27, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Ack: Disrespecters (need more caffeine)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 27, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

No worries, byoo. (It's funnier when you say it anyway.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 27, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: eet7e | March 27, 2009 9:35 AM

In reference to today's Celebritology Live chat....

Posted by: jezebel3 | March 27, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

eet7e,
angie harmon used to be on law and order. she's married to nfl player jason sehorn.

gywnnie, i remember the 70s, and there was nothing inspiring about them, dear.

everybody else left me w/nothin on the caruso-stalker connection. except i would put the emphasis on "alleged."

and since somebody said octomom, i'm going to say pony.

Posted by: memphis1 | March 27, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

what's a wildlife starlet? and why do they need defending?

Posted by: memphis1 | March 27, 2009 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Is Angie Harmon looks pregnant in that photo.

Posted by: buffysummers | March 27, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

English translation, please!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 27, 2009 9:41 AM

****

"I'm sorry, did you say you would like another delicious sandwich from Primanti Brothers, topped, as always, with french fries and cole slaw? Perhaps you'd rather have one or two of Pittsburgh's version of a Boilermaker - Imperial Whisky and Iron City Beer. It's delightful, and a fine alternative to engaging the local constabulary in fisticuffs."

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 27, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 27, 2009 10:27 AM

Surely byoolin1's gayest post ever..

Posted by: jezebel3 | March 27, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

buffysummers, Angie Harmon recently had a baby, so I assume it's a little post-pregnancy weight. Even compared to that, I should look so good. After L&O she starred (and I thought was better) in "Women's Murder Club," playing a San Francisco policewoman who teams up with a female Assistant DA, a female medical examiner (coroner) and a female reporter to solve crimes in the City By The Bay (the series didn't last long, however).

byoolin, thank you for translation. A sandwich topped with french fries and cole slaw? Pass the brain bleach!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 27, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

English translation, please!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 27, 2009 9:41 AM
============
That IS English. Yinz never heard of Pittsburghese?

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 27, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

mdreader
That IS English. Yinz never heard of Pittsburghese?

Yes, I've heard of it, but am not fluent in it.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 27, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

mdreader
That IS English. Yinz never heard of Pittsburghese?

In fact, some mornings even standard English is a challenge.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 27, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

"I'd like to have my own charity, do work overseas, be in Oscar-nominated films, write movies, produce movies/shows/videos, design clothes, make music, write books," she said. "It's all possible if people would just stop judging me and accusing me and making me out to be this aloof, spoiled, ungrateful and unprofessional person that I am not and could never be."

- Lindsay Lohan

Really? That's all it takes? Because nobody is judging me and I'm not being dragged through the tabloids and I'm not doing any of the above things you'd like to do.

Why?

Because I can't. That's why. And you can't either. Get. Over. It.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 27, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

I gotta get me to Pittsburgh for some good eatin'.

Angie Harmon also did ads for some cosmetics company (Cover Girl)?

However, clearly these ladies did not actually WATCH "Charlie's Angels." Had they done so, Debra would be doing karate, Brooke would be holding a walkie talkie (good placement to have her in the middle since the Princeton grad is "the smart one"), and Angie would be holding the gun. Sheesh.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 27, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Neutragena, I think.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 27, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I say, Sir Byoolin, that sounds like a smashing dish, just smashing. Indeed, even the denizens of Lord Baltimore's fair city would enjoy such a repast! Would you care to dine on the gently steamed flesh of the blue crab, accompanied by a pint of National Bohemian (the gentleman's lager)?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | March 27, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Oh, mdreader, I must disagree. LiLo says "it's all possible". And so it is! It's also possible for California to crack and fall into the sea, for zombies to rise up and devour humanity, and for the Large Hadron Collider to hiccup and make reality as we know it wink out of existence. Possible, but not bloody likely.
(Personally, I'd take the zombie uprising over LiLo becoming a media maven. Nobody cares if you use a chainsaw against a zombie.)

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | March 27, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Memphis! Never watched Law and Order and I'm not a football fan...at least not pro-football.

Yay ponies!

Posted by: eet7e | March 27, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Padma Lakshmi seems to be selling her tuna taco as much as she is selling Carl's Jr. burgers.

Bristol Palin already sold her taco to Levi Johnston...and she wants it back!

"Collapsible billy club," eh? Anyone wanna guess whether Wayna's "collapisble billy club" extends to about 10 inches, takes double C batteries and is coated with silicone? {Spell check note to Liz on "collapsable"]

So someone typed "Jennifer Anniston" on toop of a list of Hollywood sex symbols. Let me check the calendar. Hmmmm.....April 1 isn 't for another 5 days.

Thanks much to Byoolin for the virtual trip to Pittsburgh. it brought back memories of playing cards and sluggin back some 'Arn, or as we called it, "Arn S@#tty. I note in passing that Britney's Roadies were simply engaging in a Pittsburgh tradition extending back to the Steelers first Super Bowl victory. How do you celebrate in Pittsburgh? Easy. Meet downtown and start a f@#$in' brawl.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 27, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, today's the day we get to say pony!

Posted by: jes11 | March 27, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Pony pony! LOL.

Oh, &^%$#, Sarah Palin's back. Sarah. Your 15 minutes of fame are O-V-E-R. Go away.

I'm surprised at the Nicole/Woody pairing also. She's a bit long in the tooth for a pervert who likes to cast young ingenues.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 27, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

What tastes more like the runoff from the steel plant, a Natty Boh or an Arn S#itty?

"Debra Messing, Brooke Shields and Angie Harmon strike an angelic pose at a Thursday evening Latisse launch party in Los Angeles." Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Three Stooges for a new millenium!

And I'm willing to stop making Lindsay Lohan out to be this aloof, spoiled, ungrateful and unprofessional person that she isn't and could never be as long as she doesn't demand that I see her for the gift that she is.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 27, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Those guys at Details are either delirious from exhaust fumes or taking nice bribes from JA's publicist. Nice figure, nice face, just not hot. Pretty does not equal sexy. So ironic to have that incredibly hot pic of ScarJo at the top of the page and then read Anniston is topping a "sexiest women" list.

Thanks for the McEnroe memories!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | March 27, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Is it just me or is that pic of Jeffrey Dean Morgan a double for Xavier Bardem?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | March 27, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 27, 2009 1:44 PM

Depends on whether you're drinking it with a Primanti's sandwich or a Phillips' crab cake sandwich.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 27, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

RIP, Irving R. Levine, NBC news veteran and bow-tie aficionado.

An everyone, please send out loving thoughts to the Post's own Pookie, Lisa De Moraes, and her family following the tragic death of a young relative. She posted the following on her online chat this afternoon:

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 27, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Good God, Nosy! That's terrible! What a horrible way to die! I wonder what the accident investigation will determine.

I have childhood memories of listening to the radio and hearing the sign-off, "Irving R. Levine, NBC News, Moscow," or "Irving R. Levine, NBC News, Rome."

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 27, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Sas
I wonder what the accident investigation will determine.

I fear it will wind up as a "ripped from the headlines" episode of Law & Order.

Levine, Agronsky, Edwin Newman (still with us, I believe), and many others at NBC. CBS also had a wonderful stable of radio reporters, including "Murrow's Boys."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 27, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Oh, my God. I am basically speechless. Thoughts and prayers to Lisa De Moraes and her family. Thank you, Nosy, for letting us know.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 27, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Here's a real Oh My God moment - Bill Pavelic's allegation that LAPD's grotesque Robbery-Homicidee Unit set him up in the Phil Spector murder trial as well as setting up the expert witnesses. People young and old alike should be horrified by that allegation.

I have known Phil Spector for approximately 25 years and worked for him. He has been rendered unrecognizable by the gossip and slander that has been spewed by prosecutors, witnesses, and the newsmedia. He told me that Lana Clarkson, a woman who had mixed alcohol and vicodin, was behaving bizarrely in his foyer, waving a gun, singing Da Doo Run Run, and then shot herself. She could have shot Phil Spector although this seems to escape most people. Decent human beings would have rushed to her aid. Lana Clarkson, for the record, may have been a prostitute who liked to play with guns - according to her Madam, Baby Doll Gibson, who was silenced by the judge who should be removed from the bench over this trial. She forged letters - presumably to obtain loans. Phil Spector had a car and driving waiting to take her home so it seems highly outrageous to say he didn't want her to leave.

The newsmedia is complicit in the crucifixion of Phil Spector. Fortunately, Marky Ramone has set the record straight about what went on in the studio. Leonard Cohen, on the other hand, has destroyed my life, targeted my children, defrauded me of millions, defrauded the U.S. government, apparently committed criminal tax fraud - that I reported to the IRS, and is a saint because he's a great liar and wears a fedora.

I am waiting for Bruce Cutler and have asked Phil Spector to join me in a lawsuit against the District Attorney of Los Angeles and others. The truth is painful to people who love gossip and the sport of chatting about suicides and/or murders.

Kelley Lynch