Posted at 8:05 AM ET, 03/ 9/2009

Morning Mix: Brangelina Do D.C.; Kimmel and Silverman Reportedly Split Again

By Liz Kelly

Jessica Simpson brings her Daisy Dukes out of retirement to perform on Sunday evening at a Strawberry Festival in Plant City, Fla. (AP)
Monday

Headlines: Don't expect an Oscar for Angelina Jolie, says "Salt" crew member (not too surprising for an action-heavy "espionage thriller," tho); brother James Haven visits Jolie on set; filming wraps today; Brad Pitt takes Shiloh and Zahara shopping in D.C... Michelle Obama scores "Oprah" magazine cover... Dakota Fanning joins "Twilight" sequel... "Bachelor" dumpee Melissa Rycroft joins "Dancing with the Stars"... Lauren Conrad says she led a double life on "The Hills"... Zac Efron says mom gave him a stocking full of condoms at Christmas.

Pix: Beyonce shows off curves on video set.

Chris Brown/Rihanna Watch: Lawyer says Rihanna will testify against Brown if required... Brown wants charge reduced to misdemeanor, says source... Dad says he hasn't heard from Rihanna since Grammy incident... Oprah urges Rihanna to get help... Sources shoot down rumor of Rihanna/Brown co-authored abuse book.

Crime Watch:Coolio arrested with crack at LAX... Linebacker turned actor Brian Bosworth arrested for DUI.

Rumor Mill: Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Kimmel split again... M.I.A. denies naming her baby "Ickitt"... Martha Stewart twitters about death of puppy, lunch plans... Amy Winehouse denied visa for next month's Coachella festival... Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Hounsou married in Africa over summer, but is it legally binding?... Ashlee Simpson moving to "Melrose Place?"

Say What?
"This woman is nuts." -- Publicist Victor Munoz describes former employer Nadya Suleman (aka Octomom).

By Liz Kelly  | March 9, 2009; 8:05 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: 'Flirtexting' Advice for the Celeb Set
Next: Celebrity Anatomy: A Handy Guide to Mismatched Digits

Comments

"Duh" -- Celebritology reader Osteph to publicist Victor Munoz.

Posted by: Osteph | March 9, 2009 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Considering M.I.A.'s baby daddy has the last name "Brewer," there are so many better names than Ickitt. How about Milwaukee?

Posted by: 44west | March 9, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Oh, and Zac, think of your young fans! It was Santa who brought the stocking filled with condoms, not Mom.

Posted by: 44west | March 9, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

good to see dancing with the stars is keeping their quality standards up...
who says lightning cant strike twice - here's to hoping Rycroft makes it to the finals only to be dropped on her butt by her partner in their final competition

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | March 9, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Did Martha share her recipe for Hush Puppies with real puppies? And I'm sure she doesn't waste anything and can show us how to make a new coat too, ala Cruella DeVille.

Posted by: hodie | March 9, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Kind of a slow entertainment news day, huh? Must be the economy. Still can't believe there hasn't been any news on Boy George's experiences in the slammer....

I will say that Jessica looks nice from the neck down. Whether or not you dislike her and think she is talentless (which I do), she deserves some props after all the fat jokes.

Posted by: rashibama | March 9, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Re: pix of Brad and his daughters... I don't think I've ever seen a three-year-old successfully pull off "sultry" before. That child is going to be smokin' whether she likes it or not. Here's hoping for an extended awkward adolescence when the pouty lips and bedroom eyes are completely out of balance with the rest.

Posted by: WDC2 | March 9, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Uh, WDC2... Your post is disturbing.

Posted by: Georgetown1 | March 9, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

rashibama,
I was thinking the same thing. Jessica looks mighty fine it that picture, at least from the neck down.
And Georgetown1, I agree with you as well. WDC2 you may want to get some help because of those kind of thoughts.

Posted by: Iowahoosier | March 9, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I'm not into all the Twittering, but I can only hope that Martha's dead dog Twitter ended with

"Khaaaaaaannnnn!"

Chinese food for lunch. Genghis Khan would have wanted it that way.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 9, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

"Khaaaaaaannnnn!"

Chinese food for lunch. Genghis Khan would have wanted it that way.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 9, 2009 11:21 AM

Don't you mean Mongolian barbeque?

Posted by: northgs | March 9, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Beyonce looks gorgeous as always.

Posted by: newengland1 | March 9, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

I wonder.....

I wonder if Martha Stewart encouraged her luncheon guests to "Chow down!"

I wonder if the TSA security guard busted Coolio after smelling his crack.

I wonder how often Jay Z parks his beer on Beyonce's back shelf.

I wonder what anyone sees in Sarah Silverman's or Jimmy Kimmel's "humor."

I wonder whether Zac Efron thought that the stocking stuffer was a pack of designer water balloons.

Finally, I wonder if anyone else has noticed the cover of the current O Magazine, featuring the Extra Large O Herself, next to the text: "Big, Fat Surprise"? At least they got 2 out of 3.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 9, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Octomom's dad was on tv this morning talking about how they plan to move into a nice big new house using the donations from their friends and well-wishers. When asked if that meant Nadya would now stop taking public assistance his response was something like, if we get really wealthy from this.

Not one word on whether any of the money from all their friends and well-wishers would be used to bring Octo-granny's house payments up-to-date.

Posted by: jes11 | March 9, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Celebrity siting in the comments - shout out to Humbert Humbert, aka WDC2. No one but you has ever seen a 3 yo pull off smoking hot, to be honest.

Note to Jessica Simpson: I think the song line is "She's got Betty Davis eyes", not "She's got Ashley Olsen eyes". But you can double check with your stylist. Oh wait. That's who dressed you, huh?

Posted by: trichobezoar | March 9, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Oops, misquote - should have said sultry, not smoking hot.

Posted by: trichobezoar | March 9, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

WDC2, dude, Ew. She's totally sucking her thumb in those photos too. Help, please get it.

Posted by: VaLGaL | March 9, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

I dunno about "smoking hot" or "sultry," but I do see a strong resemblance between Shiloh and Dannilyn Birkhead.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 9, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 9, 2009 1:47 PM

--------------------------------------------
Tasteless.
Totally tasteless.

Now pardon me while I clear the iced tea from my screen and keyboard.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 9, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Thank you , 'quatch. Now to continue...

I'm wondering who is harder to work for as a publicist: Nadya Suleman or Chris Brown?

What's the harder phone call to make: Rhianna calling Dad to say she's not pressing charges or the kennel owner calling Martha Stewart to say her beloved puppy was killed in a freak propane blast?

And what caused the bigger misunderstanding: Zac Ephron telling his mom he wanted some new rubbers for Christmas or M.I.A. telling some tabloid reporter to "stick it" when he asked her for the name of her newborn tyke?

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 9, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and Rashibama,

I checked press reports and George O'Dowd is busy penning new songs for Robbie Williams as he serves his time in the poke.

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 9, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

mdreader you are on a roll today. Impressive for a Monday.

Posted by: hodie | March 9, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Just as long as M.I.A doesn't name her baby P.O.W.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 9, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Poor puppy.

I was trying to think of a comment about Angelina Jolie and her brother, but that whole relationship skeeves me out too much to even think of anything.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 9, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

You know you're a redneck if you dress like Jessica Simpson.

Posted by: Californian11 | March 9, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Poor kennel owner, too. He's in the hospital with burns. He saved a couple of puppies by tossing them out of their pens. Many of his own dogs--prize winning show dogs--died in the blast, as did poor, Genghis Khan. After receiving the news, should Martha have postponed the lunch? Was GK that replaceable?

Oh, and Angelina and James, nice toques, eh?

Posted by: mdreader01 | March 9, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse